Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, DCCOracle said:

After last year, nothing surprises me. Kelli would rather have rookies who have yet to prove themselves over veterans who have earned the right to wear the uniform and actually want to be there.

But Kelli McGonagill Finglass has the big, fancy marketing degree and I don't, so she obviously knows what's best.

I will never be over the fact that Kat has had at least three seasons on the team, and Brennan and Hannah each only got two.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
35 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

I will never be over the fact that Maggie and Bridget only went two years

Myself as well. Maggie definetly one of my all time favorites. Unfortunately I stopped watching after VKs 1st try cuz I cudnt stand the nepotism so didn’t get to see Bridget that next year and then she was gone.  

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Stee said:

Kat, Brennan, Hannah, Maggie, Bridget… 

Let this sink in: Amy did five years, was point and got pro bowl.

I understand why she got pro-bowl (I think the teammates vote for who goes to it and Amy was probably a locker room favorite) but I would never understand why she got point when there were other girls that were better dance wise and looks wise than her. 

• Love 24

Amy is cute as a button, mature, reliable, and absolutely should have been on the sides. Like poor Jinelle, who I think has a lot more sparkle than Amy. She’s technically fine, just lacked that little something extra. 

It was like Maddie/Amy was a giant wholesome correction from the higher drama yet much better dancer mess of Erica/Jenna/Holly. I know Kashara filled it in, but at least she was fun. And I was still shocked AF she got triangle, much like she was 😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Stee said:

Deleted because I got my thoughts wrong.  It was Kashara that said isn't that cute.  Well no it wasn't.

I'll never be over the fact they didn't let Auto Amy have her year and then told her not to reaudition.  She would have been a wonderful ambassador for the brand.  

Edited by parrotfeathers
Fix my dumb mistake
  • Love 20
4 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

The Amy that said  "Isn't that cute" when she and Maddie were on the phone about being co-points?   Cause that's how I identify her.

Kashara said that

Well Amy was on the phone with Kashara telling her about being made point. Then she mentioned that Maddie would share it with her. Kash said "cute" 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Kashara said that

Well Amy was on the phone with Kashara telling her about being made point. Then she mentioned that Maddie would share it with her. Kash said "cute" 

Oh you are correct.  I guess I must apologize to Amy then.  I'll fix my comment.  Thank you.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Oh you are correct.  I guess I must apologize to Amy then.  I'll fix my comment.  Thank you.

No problem. Although some people do think that Amy was "smug" after she got point. Lol I didn't see it, but they still comment about that. Not that Amy was my favorite or anything, but idk

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I'll never be over the fact they didn't let Auto Amy have her year and then told her not to reaudition.  She would have been a wonderful ambassador for the brand.  

All of this!!! I will always be sad when I think of Auto Amy being dragged until the end only to be cut. She is an absolute doll I follow her on Instagram & we have a running chat going nothing big but a lot of what she posts in her stories totally resonates with me. I cried so hard when she was cut.

And yet Kat is in her 3rd year why bc she’s pretty & “fun” I can’t get over that bc I don’t find her fun I find her goofy, fun persona exhausting & thirsty… wow how do I really feel! 

Funny thing I have no strong feelings at all about last years rookie class or this years no attachment at all…

• Love 22
On 7/29/2021 at 4:08 PM, KnyghtRyder said:

To me this means:

Guest choreographer endorsement = dancing

Group Leader endorsement = personality 

Remember when Kashara wouldn’t give her sticker to Victoria in Season 13. She said it because of the way Victoria acted sometimes, specifically what Victoria would say (I always wondered what Kashara was referring to specifically but we know we’ll never get those details. They are buried deep into Kelli’s cleavage). 

We’ve had a couple of different posters on here say the stickers are for show theatrics only so 🤷🏻‍♀️. I think that’s fairly believable given what we’ve seen. 

Lisa seems more mature and very intense. I can see how that type of personality may be difficult to handle or warm up to for some of the other girls. 

I also have a bad neck (fairly advanced osteoarthritis), and I see a physical trainer to help me work out so I don’t strain my neck. I’m in so much pain all the time, I feel for her if that’s the case. 

PS That wasn’t a knock on Kelli’s cleavage. It’s pretty spectacular. 

I always wondered if Kashara ended up not continuing cheering because of speaking up about Victoria, Kelli didn’t look impressed at her comment about VK not thinking before she speaks or how she acts.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
32 minutes ago, LexieGirl01 said:

I always wondered if Kashara ended up not continuing cheering because of speaking up about Victoria, Kelli didn’t look impressed at her comment about VK not thinking before she speaks or how she acts.

Kashara got an actual job with the organization, though, so I feel like they couldn’t have been all that perturbed by it. I’ve heard she primarily retired because of the weight requirement. After a few years of weight warnings it just gets to be too much for the ladies who have to work hard to maintain.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Deleted because I got my thoughts wrong.  It was Kashara that said isn't that cute.  Well no it wasn't.

Omg I didn’t start watching until a few years ago, but have watched pretty much every YouTube/Facebook clip of the the show. I can’t believe they told her not to reaudition!! That breaks my heart 😭

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TB12 said:

All of this!!! I will always be sad when I think of Auto Amy being dragged until the end only to be cut. She is an absolute doll I follow her on Instagram & we have a running chat going nothing big but a lot of what she posts in her stories totally resonates with me. I cried so hard when she was cut.

Same . She was the hardest cut for me ever . Still hurts and I can’t watch it 

• Love 12
43 minutes ago, DancingDina13 said:

Same . She was the hardest cut for me ever . Still hurts and I can’t watch it 

Please Do not get me wrong, tptb screwed her, but with keeping it all in perspective she did not get screwed any worse then anyone else.  If they didn’t keep advancing her each year a bit further we would not know who she was.  I find it more disgusting  that Kelsey (50 yd girl) tried out this year and the girl didn’t even make it to camp after being on the squad and retiring vs being cut ? Big BIG  slap in the face (if she indeed tried out as the forum suggests)

• Love 10
6 hours ago, forumborum said:

I find it more disgusting  that Kelsey (50 yd girl) tried out this year and the girl didn’t even make it to camp after being on the squad and retiring vs being cut ? Big BIG  slap in the face (if she indeed tried out as the forum suggests)

Wait a damn second....what?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

I loved Auto Amy & hated what all happened with her years of trying out BUT even in her auditions for the Golden State Warriors she really grabbed people’s attention because their style of hip hop, jazz etc really was Amy’s style.  And she cheered for a team winning a championship….not happening with Dallas.

Thanks for reminding me of that!!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, JonesM2018 said:

Wait a damn second....what?

Yeah, she auditioned this year but didn’t make it past semis. It had been heavily rumored, and then she confirmed it in a very humble Instagram story. 

And I loved Auto Amy’s story, as well, but she just had so many shortcomings. She had very low kicks, but she was nowhere near Mackenzie Lee/Kali Drake’s level of performance and dance ability. Heck, even Hannah (my absolute FAVORITE ever—well, her and Bridget) was kept out of camp the first few times she auditioned, and it was mostly due to her kicks.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

Kashar announced her last year it was her senior year so whatever she said about VK had nothing to do with her future. Kash has said plenty-how hard being a DCC is on the body.  Kash took her talents and DCC gave her a job. She now books DCC for appearances but also occasionally still represents DCC. I’ll forever be a Kashara fan , I believe she is one of the most genuine DCC ever  with an incredible sparkle when she danced. The last year she was point. All of the DCC alumni Hong up signs best point ever spoke to mr. she’s loved in DCC land. 

She will always be one of my favourite DCCs!

• Love 10
3 hours ago, allitator said:

Yeah, she auditioned this year but didn’t make it past semis. It had been heavily rumored, and then she confirmed it in a very humble Instagram story. 

And I loved Auto Amy’s story, as well, but she just had so many shortcomings. She had very low kicks, but she was nowhere near Mackenzie Lee/Kali Drake’s level of performance and dance ability. Heck, even Hannah (my absolute FAVORITE ever—well, her and Bridget) was kept out of camp the first few times she auditioned, and it was mostly due to her kicks.

It crazy when you think about how many DCC greats tried out multiple times before making the team!  I agree with everything you said about Auto Amy, but that's what made her cut even worse, especially the last night, I think they always knew they were going to cut her.  As much as I want to believe they tried to give her every chance until the very end, I just don't believe it bc we've seen them let people on the team with bigger flaws IMO

• Love 13
34 minutes ago, GaveIn said:

It crazy when you think about how many DCC greats tried out multiple times before making the team!  I agree with everything you said about Auto Amy, but that's what made her cut even worse, especially the last night, I think they always knew they were going to cut her.  As much as I want to believe they tried to give her every chance until the very end, I just don't believe it bc we've seen them let people on the team with bigger flaws IMO

Why does everyone call her Auto Amy? I must have missed something. 

Update! I see on Reddit where they say Phil's dog had a litter of puppies and THAT was the reason for his leave of absence. That makes much more sense. My mistake!

I wonder if when he comes back if TPTB will put him right back as the stadium ambassador or if he will have to start again as a ticket taker at the gates and work his way back up to stadium ambassador? Dr. M or Lemonbus, can either of you confirm this story?;  and if they put him right back as stadium ambassador, does that mean that he might at least still have a chance at being in the triangle? Curious (and completely bored) minds want to know!!

• LOL 22
  • Love 2

According to an insider on Reddit, all the remaining vets were spared and there was one final TCC cut, so a final squad of 36. I guess they felt like if someone got an injury or something that they had enough girls on All-Stars to pull from. 
There are 2 TCC cuts we don’t know about. Did anybody follow them all on Instagram? Has anybody posted cryptic messages? Something tells me one of the comeback girls didn’t make it, and based on reports about her being strong, I don’t think it’s Tori.  I hope I’m wrong but we’ve seen this play out before. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, DancerMom said:

According to an insider on Reddit, all the remaining vets were spared and there was one final TCC cut, so a final squad of 36. I guess they felt like if someone got an injury or something that they had enough girls on All-Stars to pull from. 
There are 2 TCC cuts we don’t know about. Did anybody follow them all on Instagram? Has anybody posted cryptic messages? Something tells me one of the comeback girls didn’t make it, and based on reports about her being strong, I don’t think it’s Tori.  I hope I’m wrong but we’ve seen this play out before. 

It looked like Ashlinn and Tori were strong.  So I’m thinking Madeline which would stink but would account for all the secrecy in my opinion since many wanted her to make it.  

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Safe to say Kristin definitely made it back, she’s done a TikTok in her DCC uniform. 

EB3F1A5B-885A-4733-8196-0BD2B3702FBC.jpeg

AWESOME!!! I was just about to post this too…YAY, Kristen!! 🎉🥳🎊
P.S. I was gonna post the TikTok video, but it was actually too large. Sorry 😣 

Edited by bernie2018
Oh…you know…
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, LexieGirl01 said:

Kashara announced her last year it was her senior year so whatever she said about VK had nothing to do with her future. Kash has said plenty-how hard being a DCC is on the body.

And she had pretty much achieved everything she could within the DCC: GL, Point, show group, Pro Bowl…I can see how she felt it was time to move on. 

13 hours ago, forumborum said:

I find it more disgusting  that Kelsey (50 yd girl) tried out this year and the girl didn’t even make it to camp after being on the squad and retiring vs being cut ? Big BIG  slap in the face (if she indeed tried out as the forum suggests)

I guess it all depends on her current shape, stamina and dance. people change and not always for the best. Didn’t some people out here talk about her physical changes (hair colour, surgery) last year and did not understand why she did it? Unless we get to see the actual video, we can’t say whether it was a fair decision or indeed, a slap in the face.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Lynnbo said:

It looked like Ashlinn and Tori were strong.  So I’m thinking Madeline which would stink but would account for all the secrecy in my opinion since many wanted her to make it.  

I am thinking Madeline also. So many were rooting for her so they probably don’t want it leaked. 

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, LilyD said:

I guess it all depends on her current shape, stamina and dance. people change and not always for the best. Didn’t some people out here talk about her physical changes (hair colour, surgery) last year and did not understand why she did it? Unless we get to see the actual video, we can’t say whether it was a fair decision or indeed, a slap in the face.

I haven’t seen 50-yard-line Kelsey recently, but she got implants after she retired that were in the ballpark of what Kelli would call excessive, so who knows what she’d look like in the uniform.  Also I suspect they don’t approve of the level of Instagram sponsorships she has, like they felt she wanted to come back to boost her influencer career. And making it back after retiring tends to be challenging in general. They seem to prefer the younger and more malleable ladies.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Lynnbo said:

Noooo. Dang. If there was any year for her to make it, this would be it. Everything went in her favor.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DancerMom said:

1 hour ago, Lynnbo said:

3 minutes ago, WoofDCC said:

Noooo. Dang. If there was any year for her to make it, this would be it. Everything went in her favor.

I'm hoping that this is all wrong because I don't want to believe that they would cut Madeline at the very end though I could see it because TPTB are like that. 

• Love 3

I don't get why Kelsey not making it back would ever be 'a slap in the face.' TPTB seem to not be fans of retired or cut vets coming back. She wasn't the strongest dancer to begin with and is probably even more out of practice at this point. I've said this before, but it looks like she has little else going on and just wanted something to do to garner more attention/a bigger following. I'm the last person to defend TPTB, but I understand wanting a fresher, younger face to be a DCC. The standards have only wayyyy increased since Kelsey left, for better or worse. When you have people like KayDianna (TCU pom captain, right?) and Alora Rose (actual former Rockette, however you feel about her) trying out, why revisit a middling dancer from years ago?

Edited by vanillagum
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
15 hours ago, forumborum said:

Please Do not get me wrong, tptb screwed her, but with keeping it all in perspective she did not get screwed any worse then anyone else.  If they didn’t keep advancing her each year a bit further we would not know who she was.  I find it more disgusting  that Kelsey (50 yd girl) tried out this year and the girl didn’t even make it to camp after being on the squad and retiring vs being cut ? Big BIG  slap in the face (if she indeed tried out as the forum suggests)

Kelsey posted in a comment on one of her IG posts she was cut after the second round.

• Useful 2
20 hours ago, Stee said:

Amy is SO forgettable to me that I was about to say "No, she never made Pro Bowl," but yes she did 😂 

17 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

Kashar announced her last year it was her senior year

I think she may have announced it before or very soon after football season started, so yes, clearly retirement was her intention.

• LOL 6
43 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I'm hoping that this is all wrong because I don't want to believe that they would cut Madeline at the very end though I could see it because TPTB are like that.

TBH I could see it either way. Perhaps they cut her - certainly wouldn't be surprising. But perhaps they are also making it seem like they cut her. It is telling that they hide certain cuts and allow the leaks of others.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Trulyadorkable said:

Phil's dog had a litter of puppies and THAT was the reason for his leave of absence.

And...just when I thought I couldn't like Phil any more than I already do I had to go and see this. That is awesome. Go Phil!!! 😍

• Love 14
37 minutes ago, ByTor said:

So Brennan and Hannah get cut, but ol' sleepy eyes gets another year?? 😡

But the tik tok Kristin posted may be old bc from her story it looks like she’s still in chicago #justsayin 

• Love 2