Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, Opine said:

I see your point, but I think the difference that most of us started watching DCC for the DANCE.

I agree, that's what drew me in. Otherwise I'd have picked a show about making a sports team or whatever.

And as I said before, what really, really, really annoys me is the horrible music they use in the show which is completely different than what the girls dance to. Even un-experienced me can tell it is completely off and I can tell when they use the original music. It's a difference of day and night.

I have recently wondered whether regions have anything to do with it? Would it be possible that some songs are covered for seasons that are sold to Europe due to rights?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, bernie2018 said:

Milan made the GSW’s Gold Team 

At least other NFL & NBA dance teams are nice enough to give us more info than KF (blah!)

I’ll try to see if I can make it to a GSW game to see Milan. I saw Jasmine Goode when she danced for the GSW.

The 49ers released all the photos of the 2021 Gold Rush cheerleaders a few days after the end of their audition process.

• Love 10

TCC Ava is back on TikTok which means she didn’t make the team. This sounds like a big illogical leap but when she joined TCC she suspended her TikTok account, not unlike Victoria who suspended her DCC membership. Both did what they had to do for different reasons but both had to deal with Kelli if they didn’t.
Now Ava is back on TikTok, trying to recuperate half of her followers.

I do not think Victoria will be back, but that is another discussion.

B4F86E55-7393-4AC5-BB72-715A46A838B5.thumb.jpeg.82edbeacab1dc4274d65f325f55bfc55.jpeg

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

TCC Ava is back on TikTok which means she didn’t make the team. This sounds like a big illogical leap but when she joined TCC she suspended her TikTok account, not unlike Victoria who suspended her DCC membership. Both did what they had to do for different reasons but both had to deal with Kelli if they didn’t.
Now Ava is back on TikTok, trying to recuperate half of her followers.

I do not think Victoria will be back, but that is another discussion.

B4F86E55-7393-4AC5-BB72-715A46A838B5.thumb.jpeg.82edbeacab1dc4274d65f325f55bfc55.jpeg

Did she suspend it or did she just not post ? 

• Love 1

Tyra posted a story recently that Cailey gifted her balloons and a gift in Cowboys colors. I am assuming that the other bag is for Jensen (I think they live together?). I'm taking this as confirmation that at least Tyra and possibly Jensen made the team.

2C402316-4FD2-461E-9AF2-F27E86B7F15F_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.e8f2feafe1d46e0c042622eed02793fe.jpeg

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Tyra posted a story recently that Cailey gifted her balloons and a gift in Cowboys colors. I am assuming that the other bag is for Jensen (I think they live together?). I'm taking this as confirmation that at least Tyra and possibly Jensen made the team.

2C402316-4FD2-461E-9AF2-F27E86B7F15F_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.e8f2feafe1d46e0c042622eed02793fe.jpeg

I think they both made it 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Kitkatkitty said:

That and the star shaped balloon 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Who is Cailey?  

• Love 1
12 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Lily’s jawline is prominent and really noticeable in photos like cameos. I liked Lily’s underbite though, it made her unique. Her two rookie makeovers really did not help her look. She was much more of a fresh-faced beauty prior to Kelli and makeover team intervention.

I never noticed Madeline S jawline, but speaking of looks there are two things I can’t unsee when I watch MTT. One I will save for later when I have a better photo comparison. The second is Tasha’s jawline! She has the jawline of all jawlines. She wins. When I watch old episodes of MTT if you catch the clip just right I swear it looks like her jaw just may unhinge like a ventriloquist’s dummy! This is much easier to see on video than photo. But trust me, once you see it you will know 😆

33D2B8E6-E845-4476-8029-C6F97AA12DBD.jpeg

That (Tasha's) will go down as probably one of the worst cameo photos in DCC history imo... the person who chose it should be whacked with a wet noodle.  Also... I think Lily is quite lovely... maybe not glam gorgeous but definitely girl next door pretty/cute. 🤪

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
33 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

That (Tasha's) will go down as probably one of the worst cameo photos in DCC history imo... the person who chose it should be whacked with a wet noodle.  Also... I think Lily is quite lovely... maybe not glam gorgeous but definitely girl next door pretty/cute. 🤪

The cameos that year were absolutely horrible! There were worse ones than Tasha's too. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, mizzhyer said:

Tasha is so much prettier than her Cameo photo. This reminds me of the Cameo photo that was selected for Hannah during her rookie season. How do you take a gorgeous women + a professional photographer + lighting + make up / hair and deliver a less flattering likeness? 

I have never noticed any of these jaw issues on Tasha and Lilly. Are y'all dentists? 

• LOL 10
  • Love 6

Random question:  I noticed in early seasons there was an Assistant Director..... is there still an Assistant Director?  I know Kelli started off as an Assistant Director and then got promoted to Director when Suzanne quit (correct me if I'm wrong)....so theoretically, Kelli's assistant would become the next director of DCC.  So who's the assistant?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, mizzhyer said:

Lily’s jawline is prominent and really noticeable in photos like cameos

I think it's not necessarily her jawline. She's one of the best examples of a heart-shaped face. (A broader forehead that tapers down to a more pointy chin) which btw, is said to be the most attractive of all face shapes. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
48 minutes ago, Bigorangecatmom said:

Tasha is so much prettier than her Cameo photo. How do you take a gorgeous women + a professional photographer + lighting + make up / hair and deliver a less flattering likeness? 

I asked the same thing during the 2018 season.  Tasha is pretty.  Her cameo that year ages her.  She wasn't the only one.  It made me sad to see this done to beautiful women.

Tasha_Compare.jpg

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, MrsNiniG said:

I’m flying out Saturday to attend the HOF class of 2021 enshrinement on Sunday. I’m so excited.

That’s awesome take pictures for sure !! Super excited for the vets getting to go 

• Love 6

Okay, on the jaw lines again 😂 ...

First, I like both Lily and Madeline as people. And both are certainly more attractive than I am. I'm just snarking because that's what we do here. More so on TPTB and their arbitrary measures of attractiveness. 

But I'll just sum it up with this. Lily's thing is the underbite from the front. 

Madeline's for me was the jaw from the side. I don't dislike her as a person. I'm not saying they shouldn't choose her. We all notice different things. Something that stands out to me with any woman in general in any setting is when features appear "masculine". And from the side, her face shape does. To ME. 

Just like I couldn't stop seeing Ashlee's hairline in her first couple seasons. It doesn't make her a bad person, and it doesn't make me one either. 

Edited by PicnicLife77
Spelling
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, PicnicLife77 said:

Still can't look past the underbite, as much as I like her as a person.

20 minutes ago, PicnicLife77 said:

But I'll just sum it up with this. Lily's thing is the underbite from the front. 

Underbite? Are there pictures that show Lily with an underbite or are you getting your terms mixed up?

Underbite = lower teeth are in front of upper teeth.

Overbite = Upper teeth go over/in front of lower teeth.

This one shows she has a slight overbite.

1628033311288.jpg

• Love 7
4 hours ago, vanillagum said:

I don't get how Ava being on TikTok again means she didn't make the team

It means nothing. It’s not like there aren’t DCC with TikTok accounts. They activate/deactivate, make public/private, etc social media accounts all the time for various reasons. 

• Love 4
21 hours ago, vanillagum said:

Was it Dr. Manhattan who said something like, "We can't wait until you all see what happens this season"? That was so creepy to me. It made him sound like a plant, and it makes the show sound like a fictional tv show with writers and storyboards all set up for maximum shock. Just a bizarre way to frame it. Have we decided yet whether or not he's a plant? 😂

Yeah that comment really rubbed me the wrong way. The attitude of that post had a whole "dance my puppets, dance" feeling to it, which feels wrong for a show which is supposed be be about an organization of world-class dancers. To engage in this kind of manipulation of viewers should be beneath TPTB as they are supposed to be focused on putting together the best team, not playing with the fans for their own amusement. That kind of behavior is something I would expect from a lower class reality show like Big Brother. As for if Manhattan is a plant....their most recent comments give me that vibe.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
46 minutes ago, aimeelou625 said:

Her hair is looking pretty bad

It's always looked fake yellow straw and like at least a foot needs cut off. 

26 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

Yeah that comment really rubbed me the wrong way. The attitude of that post had a whole "dance my puppets, dance" feeling to it, which feels wrong for a show which is supposed be be about an organization of world-class dancers. To engage in this kind of manipulation of viewers should be beneath TPTB as they are supposed to be focused on putting together the best team, not playing with the fans for their own amusement. That kind of behavior is something I would expect from a lower class reality show like Big Brother. As for if Manhattan is a plant....their most recent comments give me that vibe.

for sure.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, KatieC said:

It means nothing. It’s not like there aren’t DCC with TikTok accounts. They activate/deactivate, make public/private, etc social media accounts all the time for various reasons. 

100%. And isn't current DCC Marissa active on tiktok? Reactivating / starting to post again does not necessarily mean cut or thats she made the squad imo.  It literally means she is using tiktok

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, forumborum said:

We will know tomorrow if someone can take pics.  All the vets went to Canton to perform. 

I know they did they been putting pictures on their ig story’s 

Edited by Holly85

Did they not announce the team yet?

Isn't there a big locker room reveal (with all that running and screaming) when the team is announced on the last day of TC?

This was Maddie's IG today, her and Tess are still up.

mads.jpg

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Did they not announce the team yet?

Isn't there a big locker room reveal (with all that running and screaming) when the team is announced on the last day of TC?

This was Maddie's IG today, her and Tess are still up.

mads.jpg

They did they just haven’t changed it over yet in the official locker room 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 1
Just now, Kamal said:

I don't like how some people are criticizing Alora Rose for being a one year and done and going to New York because DCC wasn't her ultimate dream and she took away a spot from someone else who wanted it more.

Those people sound a lot like Kelly....

Last year was a pandemic. There were few dance jobs and Alora Rose did what she had to do to make a living out of dance. I don't get why people don't understand that. It's not just about having DCC as a dream...

I think it has to do more with coming to training camp for the second year and then leaves towards the end of it 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11