Type keyword(s) to search

Katie and Travis: Young Love?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, SMama said:

Katie and Travis are on their way to San Diego. I was thinking about how they are going to handle transportation. Car renters must be 25 y/o. Hopefully they’ll get some sightseeing before the wedding.

Did their luggage tag say "BOS" for Boston?! I'm all about getting the cheapest flight possible, but that's a roundabout way to get to San Diego. Philadelphia to Boston, then all the way out west. I always hate feeling like I'm backtracking geographically to get somewhere.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Did their luggage tag say "BOS" for Boston?! I'm all about getting the cheapest flight possible, but that's a roundabout way to get to San Diego. Philadelphia to Boston, then all the way out west. I always hate feeling like I'm backtracking geographically to get somewhere.

I didn’t get a look at their luggage, let alone the tags. The craziest route we were on was forced due to the pandemic. Maui to LAX to Arizona to San Diego. Then an hour drive home. But it’s what we had to do. At least K&T are young, rested, and probably won’t mind the extra time.

@BitterApple, you were right. They are in Boston with a 4.5 hour layover. Travis brought so many snacks they can spend the time grazing. We miss traveling so much. Just as we were getting ready to have our first post pandemic trip the mask mandate was lifted. We do not feel safe wearing masks with the current climate. Such a shame we have to worry about being harassed over a medical necessity. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

They can rent a car, but they will have to pay a higher rate due to their age. I know Enterprise rents to people over 21.

As far as their flights- they may not have had much of a choice.  It's much harder to get direct flights these days, and lots of routes have been discontinued.  You pretty much have to take what you can find, especially if you want a lower fare.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

You pretty much have to take what you can find, especially if you want a lower fare.

Ain't that the truth. I just had to book a last minute flight to Nashville to attend a funeral and the prices were ungodly. 

Well maybe they can take Uber or Lyft rather than driving in that traffic. it looked like Kelton and Josie were in a ride share car in one of her stories. Neither one was driving. 

• Love 1
(edited)
9 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Well maybe they can take Uber or Lyft rather than driving in that traffic. it looked like Kelton and Josie were in a ride share car in one of her stories. Neither one was driving. 

I think Kelton was driving, you could tell when they did the Q&A. 

Edited by SMama
  • Useful 1
17 hours ago, SMama said:

Katie and Travis are on their way to San Diego. I was thinking about how they are going to handle transportation. Car renters must be 25 y/o. Hopefully they’ll get some sightseeing before the wedding.

I’m kind of shocked that they got out of Jersey w/o “Mama and Daddy Clark” going with them. 

• LOL 6

Katie seemed happy when she was doing Carlin’s hair. She said she missed doing her hair and that she used to at least once a week.

I understand Katie not feeling up to a full time job. Especially since driving is an issue. But she could set up a small business like Josie, doing hair for weddings and other events.  On graduation season alone she could make money. There has to be at least one sweet church friend who does makeup. It will give Katie her own money, she will most likely only work weekends for weddings, and Josie could help with the how to set up such a business. It’s a silly idea but it would help Katie out of the Clark glom. I’d love to spend the weekend attached at the hip with you all but Travis and I will be at a wedding I’m working. 

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, SMama said:

Katie seemed happy when she was doing Carlin’s hair. She said she missed doing her hair and that she used to at least once a week.

I understand Katie not feeling up to a full time job. Especially since driving is an issue. But she could set up a small business like Josie, doing hair for weddings and other events.  On graduation season alone she could make money. There has to be at least one sweet church friend who does makeup. It will give Katie her own money, she will most likely only work weekends for weddings, and Josie could help with the how to set up such a business. It’s a silly idea but it would help Katie out of the Clark glom. I’d love to spend the weekend attached at the hip with you all but Travis and I will be at a wedding I’m working. 

Do you think that would be something "the family" would endorse?  Or be opposed to?  She doesn't seem to have whatever it takes right now to buck the system.  Or maybe it isn't even something she wants.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

When they were showing off the work they had done on the house Travis pointed out an area in the lower level that Katie could use for doing hair as a small business. Katie was the one who brushed the idea aside, like she had no intention of ever doing that. It was a small moment, but it didn’t seem like Travis was against her working.

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm not sure if you guys lurk on the Bates subReddit, but people familiar with the beauty industry said it's a total pain in the ass to get a cosmetology license transferred from TN to NJ. Apparently, NJ has stricter requirements, so Katie may have to do some form of continuing ed or extra hours. That may explain why she hasn't made the effort. She probably figures she'll be having kids soon anyways, so why bother. It's a shame she can't find something to do though. I think it would ease the loneliness. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7

I have a suspicion that Katie is not a licensed cosmetologist even in Tennessee. I know that she graduated from the cosmetology program at Crown but I never read anything where she claimed to be licensed. She finished the program around the time that the pandemic started and she was already busy trying to lock down Travis so have a feeling that she was just working for Josie helping out with hair and makeup. I don not remember her ever working in a salon like Josie did.  She mentioned that she was licensed to apply lash extensions and this is when Travis gave her a snide look like oh big deal. I can relate to that. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Quite awhile back Carlin had a story when she went to a salon to get her hair colored. She made a big deal of running into someone. When she moved the phone Katie came into view, working on the booth next to Carlin’s. 

Travis and Katie are leaving today or early tomorrow. She talked about going sightseeing. What a waste of a trip. We would have been up and early to start a few days vacation. There’s so much to see in San Diego, LA, and in between. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I have a suspicion that Katie is not a licensed cosmetologist even in Tennessee. I know that she graduated from the cosmetology program at Crown but I never read anything where she claimed to be licensed. She finished the program around the time that the pandemic started and she was already busy trying to lock down Travis so have a feeling that she was just working for Josie helping out with hair and makeup. I don not remember her ever working in a salon like Josie did.  She mentioned that she was licensed to apply lash extensions and this is when Travis gave her a snide look like oh big deal. I can relate to that. 

I've always suspected she never wanted to do it in the first place. She originally wanted to be a nurse then a year or two later "suddenly" she wanted to do cosmetology. She never came off like she actually wanted to do hair. I always figured Kelly and/or Gil got to her.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

And once she met Travis her focus seemed to be on getting him to propose not getting a job.  When she was in cosmetology school there was a scene on BUB with her slathering on color like she was painting a wall. another time she was applying color to Michael's hair and talking a mile a minute to the camera. Not watching what she was doing she let the solution run down in Michael's eye. I thought then this girl is not cut out for this.  It's telling that Travis doesn't let her cut his hair. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

And once she met Travis her focus seemed to be on getting him to propose not getting a job.  When she was in cosmetology school there was a scene on BUB with her slathering on color like she was painting a wall. another time she was applying color to Michael's hair and talking a mile a minute to the camera. Not watching what she was doing she let the solution run down in Michael's eye. I thought then this girl is not cut out for this.  It's telling that Travis doesn't let her cut his hair. 

FWIW Katie won’t do men’s hair. She’s said a few times how much she dislikes cutting guys hair. Something about the “weird angles” required. Whatever that means. The instances you referenced are maybe why Josie does Kelly’s hair. 

• Love 3

Katie responded to a question about their employment. She said Travis is a remote sales rep and does music on the side. I expected him to keep working at the family college. 

• Love 3

K&T have a video on YouTube. They flew from Boston to San Diego. It looks like they bummed rides and didn’t rent a car. They were with C&E (they rented an SUV) several times.

Far more disturbing is the video of Daddy Clark from 2018 on the Reddit BUB page. Something is wrong with that man + that family. He is rubbing guys' [likely students] shoulders [in a way that makes me feel that he is "repressing" some feelings] and then biting the guy's ear in a way that looks like a vicious assault to me. She's married in so nothing she can do now, but given what we've seen of Mama and Daddy Clark - the way he wrestled Trav on his bday to the point where Trav said it was hurting his neck and he didn't stop nor did mom tell her husband to stop; the constant look of tension where it seems like he is screaming at Trav right up until the moment they have to walk into a school/church event and then they sit there arms crossed as if they're pissed at each other; and now this. If/when Katie has kids, is she really going to allow them to be with the Clark grandparents unsupervised? Esp boys who grandpa feels he will have to "toughen up"??

I kind of wonder if this is part of the reason [besides being a baby himself] that Trav is not pushing to have kids ASAP - just not wanting to subject a child to his nightmare of a family though IDK what difference a yr or two will make; it's not like Daddy Clark is so aged that he'll start to slow down and mellow or Trav is so close to being self sufficient that he won't be taking daddy's money and thus won't have to put up with his BS.

• Love 4
(edited)

In my experience guys like the Clark asshole get worse with age. They can't deal with their diminishing strength so they double down on the bullying and abuse. 

I honestly don't even know what I just witnessed in that video. I can't remember the last time something made me so deeply uncomfortable. Rubbing a student's shoulders already crosses a pretty big line, but to lean down and bite him on the ear? And hold the bite while everyone at the table is palpably uncomfortable?  Dude is sick. I can't believe Katie is stuck with these people. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 8

Oh, my God....what is wrong with that man? Is this Travis' father???? How could anyone behave in such a manner? Why did no one say anything?? How could the families think this type of behavior is accceptable? Travis' family are cruel individuals. It has NOTHING to do with belief in God. The Bates must be just as bad to "ok" a marriage between them.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Oh, my God....what is wrong with that man? Is this Travis' father???? How could anyone behave in such a manner? Why did no one say anything?? How could the families think this type of behavior is accceptable? Travis' family are cruel individuals. It has NOTHING to do with belief in God. The Bates must be just as bad to "ok" a marriage between them.

It is his father, yes, and if this is the kind of behavior he thinks is appropriate in public, imagine what goes on behind closed doors. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Was it Travis’ grandfather who hit him with a belt on his birthday? That is one messed up family. Glad they stopped at three kids, although that’s three too many. 

Edited by SMama
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, SMama said:

Was it Travis’s’ grandfather who hit him with a belt on his birthday? That is one messed up family. Glad they stopped at three kids, although that’s three too many. 

Yes, and there was also the video where Travis' father wrestled him to the ground, pinned him and wouldn't let up, despite Travis saying his neck and back were in pain. Hopefully Travis isn't as toxic with his own kids. 

• Love 3

That's the worrisome part - how is Trav REALLY going to be with Katie and with their kids. There are people on Reddit who say they've seen Pa Clark get physical w/ Mama Clark - like out in the public in the Burlington Coat Factory parking lot - to the point where strangers called the cops?? She of course then defended her husband and said she stumbled or whatever, but where there's smoke there's fire. Ok maybe that's just his dad and maybe Trav will grow to adore Katie and not ever be like that with her. Fine.

But what about his eventual kids esp. any sons?? He has been raised with dad wrestling him to the point where it hurts, grandpa hitting him with a belt for "sport" and no other adult dares stands up for the child telling them to stop. And that's all we've seen; again where there's smoke there's fire, and I'm betting there was worse stuff behind closed doors + when Trav was younger and videoing on smart phones wasn't a thing so you really could do whatever and no one would know.

And we haven't seen Trav "step back" from his family in any way because of these things. If anything he's as enmeshed with his family as he ever was with Daddy buying his house, gutting renovating his house, buying his luxury vehicle, his all Ralph Lauren wardrobe, and paying for at least 2-3 vacations/year if not more. And yeah I'm sure people say oh Trav works but give me a break he was a student up until 15 min ago and what student can afford to buy a house + gut renovate it + drive a luxury SUV?? And Trav's work up until now [and likely still despite what Katie says about his being "in sales"] is for his dad/grandpa's school -- i.e. for random office work or teaching music lessons they cut him a check for the 150k lifestyle he needs, whereas any other student/recent grad worker would get $15/hr.

Having been raised in this life and being indoctrinated in it, YOU KNOW some part of him believes "this is how you raise sons," "you toughen them up just like dad/grandpa did for me." I fear it would be instinct re child rearing for him. Esp. since he has spent NO time with other families seeing this this is NOT normal. It's not like he's a normal guy who went a few states away for college, lived with a roommate, and hung out with a roommate or a girlfriend's family over the years to REALLY start to see how others interact with kids and to gain some awareness that what his dad/grandpa do isn't right. I mean he did visit Katie a bunch - and I said on another thread that he looks so unbelievably RELAXED and at ease with the Bates clan in a way he doesn't at home  - but IDK if that was enough to completely change his view on how sons must be raised. If anything he may have fun with the Bates but look down on how they raised their sons - given that most of them do nothing.

None of what is coming out now is especially secretive. These videos have been around since 2018 - before the courtship began. Nice to see Gil does ZERO diligence on suitors these days - if it's male + professes to be overly Christian - great it gets a daughter off my payroll.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

Does Travis have any male siblings? I’m wondering if they have broken the mold with their children and can set an example for him?

Travis has an older brother, Mike, who also wed last year. Their older sister also wed last year but no pregnancies yet. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Travis has a brother and a sister. I'm not sure where he falls in the lineup.

Sister is the oldest, followed by Mike, Travis is the baby of the family. Isn’t it odd that the three siblings married the same year? Did the parents wake up January 1st and said “this year we become empty nesters. Out with all three.” 😂

Edited by SMama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, SMama said:

Sister is the oldest, followed by Mike, Travis is the baby of the family. Isn’t it odd that the three siblings married the same year? Did the parents wake up January 1st and said “this year we become empty nesters. Out with all three.” 😂

Only one scored a Bates though! 😉

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, BitterApple said:

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

Fuhrer Clark is a harassment suit waiting to happen:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BringingUpBates/comments/utw4ys/daddy_clark_strikes_again_if_you_guys_thought_the/

This is disturbing, to say the least.  That poor guy was trying to get him to stop touching him.  Fucking gross and inappropriate.  
He seems like the type of husband who takes sex from his wife whether she wants it or not.  Or whether her neck/back still hurts from the accident.  Probably has side pieces too.  Just gross!

• Love 7
7 hours ago, So unbelievable said:

This is disturbing, to say the least.  That poor guy was trying to get him to stop touching him.  Fucking gross and inappropriate.  
He seems like the type of husband who takes sex from his wife whether she wants it or not.  Or whether her neck/back still hurts from the accident.  Probably has side pieces too.  Just gross!

Why doesn't somebody slug him in the nuts?  What a creep!

• Love 9
On 5/21/2022 at 2:27 PM, Jeanne222 said:

Why doesn't somebody slug him in the nuts?  What a creep!

If you notice they mostly look like students, there probably all scared off him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Especially since they run the school. 

Right they cant even report him to anyone, I imagine anyone who did report him would be told hes just playing around and they can leave if they've got a problem. 

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, SMama said:

Does anyone know what Papa Clark teaches? 

All I saw was this:

Michael is the Executive Vice President at Vision Baptist College in Berlin, New Jersey. He works in the Education and Administration departments.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

All I saw was this:

Michael is the Executive Vice President at Vision Baptist College in Berlin, New Jersey. He works in the Education and Administration departments.

Oh gosh.  Berlin, NJ is where Kelly Ripa is from.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, FizzyPuff said:

Right they cant even report him to anyone, I imagine anyone who did report him would be told hes just playing around and they can leave if they've got a problem. 

They probably just ignore it like the news about the Southern Baptist Convention.  Sad and gross.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Temperance said:

This behavior is gross and straddles the line between physical and sexual abuse. 

100% agree! That dude is so creepy, I get bad vibes from him. And that video was beyond disturbing.  He is dark and disturbed. 

• Love 1