Type keyword(s) to search

Katie and Travis: Young Love?

• Start Topic

Last day in Mexico for the honeymooners. We get it Trav, this is YOUR woman but holding her in what looks like a chokehold looks bad - whether you are conveying MY woman or just trying to show off your biceps/forearms on camera. And add to that making fun of her for being in "full depression mode" - it's just not a good look. While he's "looking forward to all life stages" - which I guess means regular life post honeymoon - she's depressed to be leaving but has missed her family sooo much. Uh it's been 10 days?! Though I guess when you've never been away ever like college or job or anything, that's a LONG time even though you were doing it. And for those on here betting that they'd go back for I Love You Day - nope they're headed back to Tenn from Mexico and THEN go to NJ after a few days?! Time to cut the cord Katie - though I am guessing this is under the guise of, I still have to pack up/transport my stuff so let's go to Tenn, we'll see my family before Christmas and then drive to our home in NJ where we'll spend actual Christmas with your family.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

OMG they look like they're playing house. Eating pizza after church yesterday. Showing up at Home Depot today and disappointed that there were no Christmas trees left and then at a local hardware store Trav was disappointed that it's only small trees left - not even one week prior to Christmas. Also super interesting that they're out searching for trees at 2 pm on a Monday because despite the brand new house, vacations etc. of course no one holds down a job.

It's somewhat starting already but will be hard for Trav - on the way home from Tenn he was whining about how long his hair is and how he's giving himself a cut as soon as he gets home "which is called being newly married and saving every penny." And yet today he lets everyone know that he's headed to the barber bc he can't risk looking bad before Christmas. Lol. Yeah this guy grew up in a McMansion in a well to do life; he's going to find no job/minimal pay from dad's church or college or whatever + a house + a wife + I assume a kid before Christmas next year to be a challenge financially as he's not used to having to save money.

Alas his stylist wife doesn't cut guys' hair because you can see every mistake (LOL hire her to do your wedding hair she sounds awesome at her job). Surprised they didn't ask DIY Chad to do a haircut for Trav as I think Chad does do that; though given that Katie falls in the Alyssa/Josie/Carlin clique which has problems with Erin so she may not have wanted to ask. And he has zero life experience himself + married a ditz or else he would have realized that he could have just gone and gotten a haircut in Tenn bc EVERY place there will be cheaper than any comparable place in NJ bc of lower cost of living; hell go to that Jonas kid that Trace is besties with - I'm sure he offers a Bates fam discount.

Their lack of exposure to the world is astounding. On the way back from their honeymoon they had a layover someplace like Dallas or ATL, so they're sitting in an airport restaurant having ordered burgers and Trav goes on and on about how a bottle of ketchup is what he missed the most about 'Merica - he was so tired of those tiny ketchup packets at the resort in Mexico. And when they were posting pics of food in Mexico - it was ALL burgers, fries, pizza, pancakes and Katie posted a pic that pizza and ice cream in Mexico are fabulous - and the pizza was like Dominos?!! Like did you even eat local food, even once?? I'm not saying you should have ventured to street food - but did you even think to order tacos at the resort - wouldn't be the most authentic tacos ever but certainly moreso than Tenn or NJ??

They're kids who think they're grownups - because sex.

• Love 15

Lol, doesn't Travis drive some fancy SUV? Daddy clearly gives him a generous allowance. He can quit with the "newly married and broke" shtick. Most couples don't start out with brand new appliances and a completely renovated home. 🙄

• Love 14
15 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Lol, doesn't Travis drive some fancy SUV? Daddy clearly gives him a generous allowance. He can quit with the "newly married and broke" shtick. Most couples don't start out with brand new appliances and a completely renovated home. 🙄

Daddy's allowance may come with strings - as these things always do. So look for Katie and Trav to be living whatever type of life Trav's daddy wants them to live. And I imagine the allowance is not infinite - whatever allowance supported Trav's fancy life before now has to support Trav + Katie - she's gonna want her coffees and manicures and she ain't cooking nightly. And soon it'll have to support kids too. This may all be occurring to him now . . . .

Gil's approval criteria for husbands is really quite selective - no?? Believes in God + gets my daughter off my payroll, check. Means of supporting my daughter - an upper middle class daddy who'll provide, ok good enough for me. I mean what happens if there is a dad and son rift (unlikely but who knows); or dad/granddad/uncle's college or church go under or get investigated by the authorities or whatever else such that daddy can't hand Trav a salary?? Like it makes no different that the 20 year old BOY your daughter married has no way of supporting himself and your daughter has no way of supporting herself bc she's just a girl and these 2 will have kids by next year most likely?? Like who wouldn't be terrified by this? I mean we can't expect Katie to think that deeply bc she just saw a cute guy wanting to make babies with her + being the center of attention for a year in her mega family with the perfect engagement, showers, bach trips, dress shopping, wedding, and honeymoon. But hello Gil aren't you the headship of these girls who you've raised to be too stupid to think for themselves - turning over headship to a little boy?

@emmawoodhouse - always surprises me how crappy some of these girls eat given how vain they are. I mean Carlin with her non stop fast food + Katie with non stop pizza and ice cream. Sure at 21 and 23, whatever; but have they noticed their family genes? Do they not think it can catch up to them?

Edited by cereality
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

Travis is part of the Clark Family Music business so I assume he gets a cut of the proceeds from this. It's all religious music but I am sure there is a market for this. Since the wedding Katie has been pushing stuff on Instagram so maybe there will be some income from this. Katie is a ditz and despite his looks Travis is probably way more mature than Katie. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

Katie was pretty busy on her honeymoon living her influencer life and promoting things.  Didn't miss a beat.  

Travis is still in school right?  Doesn't he have one more year?  

He graduates this spring. I'm sure that since it's his grandpa's school that accommodations were made for him to get out in 3 years. I have no clue what he plans to do. Singing with the family band won't pay the bills, but he has money coming in from somewhere.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

So much for Katie dealing with life without her family for the 7-8 weeks from their post honeymoon trip to Tenn until I Love You Day. Nope Addie and Ellie are headed to them today to spend a week and they're headed to the airport to go get them. 

As for Trav's source of money - singing group (though that income is split many ways but more importantly - daddy. More specifically dad/grandpa own a college and an affiliated church. You know Trav has a made up job at the college. I mean maybe he actually does some job but he's clearly not making the $10-15/hr a student worker would be paid to answer some phones or do some data entry. Clearly they've put him on payroll earning a full 50-75k salary with some made up job title that sounds like a FT job. I mean the salary has to pay for his head to toe Polo Ralph Lauren wardrobe- which appears to be coming from outlet malls not thrift stores; a new/large/possibly luxury SUV; a house that he's gut renovated and only put in the best in terms of flooring, fixtures, appliances etc.

Case and point - Addie and Ellie are headed over. Most young newly weds who just got married two seconds ago, just got off a honeymoon and moved into a new place - that'd mean sleeping bags or air mattresses or futons if you're lucky; I mean that's STILL what you get at Carlin and Evan's house 3+ years post marriage. But Trav and Katie - put together the guest bedroom in the basement ASAP - a full bedroom set, real wood furniture, and looks brand new - not mismatched old stuff they bought second hand or took from his parents. And Trav and his dad hung a large flat screen TV - not specifically for the guest room, more bc the basement looks like a hang out spot but still - it all costs money.

Though I will say there is a lot of unflattering/concerning stuff about the Clarks on Reddit. IDK if others have seen it; may post later.

• Useful 7
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Would love to hear some tea about the Clarks. Katie appears to be going skirts only. That seems to be a Clark family dictate. 

I noticed the skirts only too. Appears the mom, sister and SIL are always in skirts too. It seems the whole family works at the school in some position or another. All 3 Clark kids got married in 2021 and they all seem to be doing quite well. All have a house, not starter apartment. 

• Useful 5

Why would newlyweds be entertaining younger sisters so soon?  Don't they want alone time?

Also the guest room is in the basement???  I hate basements for guestrooms.  There is always a lurking spider somewhere down there!

• Love 10

Why do I get the feeling their sex life is awkward and lame?

Think back to being in your early 20s. Raging hormones, lots of energy and the honeymoon phase of a relationship. Were any of you pining for visitors? I sure as shit wasn't. 

I get that separation would be hard for someone like Katie, but ten days into her new life and she's already unraveling? Doesn't bode well.

• Love 10

Seriously - the family Christmas party was the 17th; they left Tenn that Sunday the 19th. It’s been 8 freaking days w/o her sisters?! Both K&T comment in the video how homesick she is. And she says Addie and Ellie just booked a flight last night to come. To me that very much sounds like - she’s been calling home complaining/crying, A&E get dispatched to visit; they can go the fastest since they don’t have to deal w their own husbands/kids’ schedules. How is she going to survive stretches of 2-4 mos w/o the family??

And thing is in the 8 days she and Trav have hardly been alone?? They went outlet mall shopping w the fam in NJ one day; one day was sister in law in their house unpacking; one night was going w sister in law to watch the guys play basketball; one night Trav’s dad was over installing shelves; one full day was a road trip to Del to visit Trav’s sister and outlet mall shop in Del; Christmas and Christmas Eve were both w the family; and today she said his parents had been there all day helping do house stuff?!?

Do they not WANT to be alone?? You’d think they’d be relieved for the holidays to be over and to have ppl out of their house. I mean I have no doubt that sex takes 7 seconds for Trav right now and they’re having that nightly. But at 20 he can go many times a day + they had a no touch type of courtship; you’d think they’d want ppl out of their house so they can lay on the couch together getting turned on?!?

I wonder if she’s overwhelmed/not yet getting along with his family so she’s like it’s time for MY family to be here. But A&E don’t exactly bring the Carlin vibe - they’ll just go along with the vibe of the house. And girlfriend you wanted to marry this guy and move and live 8 seconds from his family, you need to start learning to deal.

• Love 13

I don't think being homesick and missing her family means that she is unraveling. She has gone from a large rambunctious family with sisters close in age that she is probably used to seeing daily to a smaller more reserved family. It will take time for her to adjust to her new life. Having her sisters there for a week is not going to doom her marriage. I have all ideas if Travis didn't want the girls there they would not be there. If he as much  in love with Katie as he seems he will want to help her get over her homesickness and ease her into her new life in NJ. 

• Love 9

Agreed that A&E would not be coming if Trav wasn’t 100% on board bc let’s be real it’s HIS house. It’s been 3 wks married and it’s quite possible 20 yr old Trav -aside from the minute of daily sex- is like I have to be with her and talk to her 24-7?! They dated long distance and it wasn’t a Law/Tiff situation of weeks on end together; these two were together like 1x/mo for 2-5 days. Those days were just about going out, catching up, and taking 10,000 pictures and always with family in tow. Now they both may be like — hmm what am I supposed to talk to you about?!

Though given the tea about the Clarks on Reddit — hope this goes ok for Katie. A former member of their church who knew them well but chose to leave fundie world is saying that the facades are very important to the Clarks — the Ralph Lauren uniform; fancy houses; new SUVs etc but the Clark men aren’t nice to the Clark women; she alleges verbal abuse on the regular and in some instances physical abuse. Apparently it’s known in their community that Ma and Pa Clark got into it in a store parking lot and it escalated to the point where passerbys called the cops and Ma Clark ended up lying and saying she tripped and fell.

Here’s hoping the apple fell REALLY far from the tree but really he’s a 20 yr old still attached to daddy’s hip; has zero life experience or education; relies on daddy for all his income and thus he and Katie must live how daddy wants; and this is how he’s seen dad treat mom?! I had said a few weeks ago — practically holding Katie in a chokehold on their honeymoon screamed “MY woman” and while making fun of her for being in “full depression mode” leaving the honeymoon —did not scream nice guy. 

And you know if there were any warning signs during courting - Katie (nor any fundie girl) wouldn’t know bc they’re trained by age 3 that if it has a dick + wants to make babies with you, you should be thanking god. Nor would Gil have seen it — he’s just about getting daughters off his payroll and you know he was won over by Michael Clark’s house and car.

As much as the Bates may do lip service to headships etc, that’s 100% not what Katie’s seen in her sisters marriages, as Erin, Alyssa, Tori, and Carlin all wear the pants. Brandon is a more traditional headship but I can’t see him being mean in any way. Kelton yeah I know ppl disagree but I think there are red flags there in his creepy obsession.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

No one asked me, but I hate where they put the tv in the basement.  Hi, come over to our house and watch tv while I go in the bathroom, right next to the tv.  Eww!

I'm sure neither one of them knows what to talk to talk about to the other.  They have god in common, what else?  

Pretty sure they both still blush if they get undressed together.  Awkward for sure.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, cereality said:

Agreed that A&E would not be coming if Trav wasn’t 100% on board bc let’s be real it’s HIS house. It’s been 3 wks married and it’s quite possible 20 yr old Trav -aside from the minute of daily sex- is like I have to be with her and talk to her 24-7?! They dated long distance and it wasn’t a Law/Tiff situation of weeks on end together; these two were together like 1x/mo for 2-5 days. Those days were just about going out, catching up, and taking 10,000 pictures and always with family in tow. Now they both may be like — hmm what am I supposed to talk to you about?!

Though given the tea about the Clarks on Reddit — hope this goes ok for Katie. A former member of their church who knew them well but chose to leave fundie world is saying that the facades are very important to the Clarks — the Ralph Lauren uniform; fancy houses; new SUVs etc but the Clark men aren’t nice to the Clark women; she alleges verbal abuse on the regular and in some instances physical abuse. Apparently it’s known in their community that Ma and Pa Clark got into it in a store parking lot and it escalated to the point where passerbys called the cops and Ma Clark ended up lying and saying she tripped and fell.

Here’s hoping the apple fell REALLY far from the tree but really he’s a 20 yr old still attached to daddy’s hip; has zero life experience or education; relies on daddy for all his income and thus he and Katie must live how daddy wants; and this is how he’s seen dad treat mom?! I had said a few weeks ago — practically holding Katie in a chokehold on their honeymoon screamed “MY woman” and while making fun of her for being in “full depression mode” leaving the honeymoon —did not scream nice guy. 

And you know if there were any warning signs during courting - Katie (nor any fundie girl) wouldn’t know bc they’re trained by age 3 that if it has a dick + wants to make babies with you, you should be thanking god. Nor would Gil have seen it — he’s just about getting daughters off his payroll and you know he was won over by Michael Clark’s house and car.

As much as the Bates may do lip service to headships etc, that’s 100% not what Katie’s seen in her sisters marriages, as Erin, Alyssa, Tori, and Carlin all wear the pants. Brandon is a more traditional headship but I can’t see him being mean in any way. Kelton yeah I know ppl disagree but I think there are red flags there in his creepy obsession.

Do you have a link to the Reddit post? I looked a bit, but couldn't find it. 

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:

Do you have a link to the Reddit post? I looked a bit, but couldn't find it. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/BringingUpBates/comments/rowg61/travis_will_let_katie_go_to_see_her_family_when/

You'll have to scroll down through the comments, but you'll see it.

The individual dishing the dirt responded to a comment I made a while back, where I worried about Katie having a good relationship with Travis' mom because the latter didn't come across as particularly friendly. He/she said Mrs. Clark is two-faced and snobby, and will be the MIL from hell. Assuming this person is objective and not a disgruntled ex-church member, then yikes, poor Katie. 

One thing that stood out to me with Travis was in the Instagram story Katie posted, where they were driving down to his sister's place. Remi, the dog, was in the back seat. Katie panned over to her and said "Our little Remi is coming with us," to which Travis snapped, "She's NOT little." It was like calm down, bro. She meant "little" as a term of endearment, not an assault on your manhood. Maybe Katie's constant yammering finally pushed him over the edge, but it seemed like a petty detail to get snippy about. Overall the family comes across like such a dour, humorless bunch. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I read all of this on Reddit. Anonymous  posters accusng The Clarks of horrible criminal  stuff.  I am taking this with a grain of salt. People claiming that Katie is in danger and that Travis is capable of physically abusing her. None of the individuals know Travis and Katie.

I don't know. I think there is a lot of gossiping going on here. The Clarks maybe cold and strict fundie people but abusers? I just can't see Travis laying a hand on Katie. No matter how much I may differ from their beliefs I don't see him harming Katie. I have a feeling that a lot of this is just made up stuff. I can' t imagine Gill putting up with anyone abusing his daughter. If Travis and Katie had any sense they would stay off social media and not give the naysayers anything to talk about.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Physical abuse - yeah I don't see that absent something going really really wrong. Verbal abuse and general control - sorry but I can see that happening. He has an anger to him. I mean we don't see him on camera constantly yet how many times have we already seen him snap at Katie/acted offended by her over legit nothing?? Calling Remi little or saying she doesn't do guys' hair or interrupting him on a house tour or not shutting a door on a house tour are hardly a big deal esp for a guy who should be sooooo in love right now that he should be agreeing if the wife says the moon is made of cheese; yet to Trav - these were things worth snapping about?? On camera? 

Trav appears to have a very specific vision of how his life/his family will be -- and it'll be exactly what he sees from his dad -- and does not strike me as someone who'll compromise the way that Bobby, John, and Chad did to make their wives happy. If Katie were to try to go outside of that vision - be it wearing pants or spending more of his money than he likes or going home to Tenn more than he thinks she should or being more permissive with their kids than he wants - yes I do see it getting nasty quick. He has it in him.

Sorry but I know guys like this - from the exact area he's from - they're entitled bc of their family and their money and are nasty and controlling to anyone they perceive as "below" them - which includes women esp for this cult. 

I think Michael Clark's involvement also makes this worse - even if Trav were willing to compromise, he'll have daddy in his ear telling him how they MUST live. I mean Kelton has red flags and very specific visions of how they must live, yet it's pretty clear none of that comes from Michael Balka. Sure Michael Balka would have a problem if Kelton decided not to take his kids to church but as long as they're raising them Godly and Josie allows him access to his granddaughters - which she always does - I just think he wants to be happy and see the family happy and doesn't particularly care if that means Josie in pants or owning a business or whatever. Michael Clark doesn't seem that way - WAY more image focused prob bc he has a church and school's worth of people looking at his fam. Plus this is the son who must have the PERFECT family bc the other one already "disappointed" by marrying a biracial woman; at least Katie appears to be making a friend in Deven who is prob just happy to have another outsider in the family.

And LOL at Gil won't allow a daughter to be abused. And what do you think he'll do about it - if he even knew - in a cult where there is no divorce and where Katie will have a kid at this time next yr?? I guarantee in that cult abuse is only if you can see physical marks. Anything else that Katie were to complain about [which she wouldn't] would just be defended by HER PARENTS as Trav being a traditional religious man, a good headship who'll lead her to heaven, and she should just pray harder.

G&K present a different package but are like all fundies - very quick to wash their hands of their daughters once they are married. Aren't these the same ppl who barely showed up for 24 yr old Alyssa's heart surgery?? Like Gil was outta there the moment she was out of the OR and Kelly a few hrs later despite the fact that she was being kept in the hospital, had complications, and could've used parental support. Nah it was John's problem, they got their IG pics praying over their daughter and showing they went to the hospital so back to going out to lunch and playing boutique owner.

Edited by cereality
  • Love 6

Gosh it sounds to me like Katy is doomed. I wonder if she really thought this all out. 

Leaving her family and moving states away.   A wealthy, ugly family. Controlling husband. 

No wonder they are sending the sisters!

What exactly would happen if Katy ever left?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Jeanne222 said:

Gosh it sounds to me like Katy is doomed. I wonder if she really thought this all out. 

Leaving her family and moving states away.   A wealthy, ugly family. Controlling husband. 

No wonder they are sending the sisters!

What exactly would happen if Katy ever left?

I mean nothing would happen - no one is suggesting that the Clarks would harm her or anything. But where would she go? Back to her parents who likely would NEVER agree that she was right to leave - absent like black eyes or something which no one is saying Travis would do. Simply being controlling or even a little verbally mean is not a reason to break up a marriage in this cult - it's a reason to pray harder to submit to your husband's will and maybe to pray to change your husband's heart. I mean no one supports Anna Duggar getting a divorce and look at what her husband did?? [No I am NOT saying anyone in the Clarks is like that.] Just saying that these ppl don't believe in any reason for divorce - just more prayer and getting thru your life.

So her parents wouldn't want her/or if they took her would constantly look down on her for breaking up her marriage. She has zero ability to be like ok fine I'll just go back to Tenn and rent my own apt/pay my own way and be near my family but not in their face bc how would she pay the bills? They haven't raised daughters to be able to support themselves or to even have the desire to support themselves - even if they have skills like cosmetology. And all this will be complicated by the fact that she'll be pregnant in weeks - if not already - so now you're leaving with a child and need to support two people + you're breaking up a family + I do see the Clarks getting nasty re custody just to prove they're high powered.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, cereality said:

And LOL at Gil won't allow a daughter to be abused. And what do you think he'll do about it - if he even knew - in a cult where there is no divorce and where Katie will have a kid at this time next yr?? I guarantee in that cult abuse is only if you can see physical marks. Anything else that Katie were to complain about [which she wouldn't] would just be defended by HER PARENTS as Trav being a traditional religious man, a good headship who'll lead her to heaven, and she should ju

You really think that Gil and Kelly would stand by and allow anyone to physically abuse their daughter? They may have their faults but I think they love their children. As a parent no one would harm my daughter if i have one breath left in my body.  And I think most parents feel this way. Nope Can't see Gil allowing anyone to lay a hand on his daughter. And I would add that there has been no indication that Travis would abuse Katie. 

• Love 3

Sorry but any impression that I may have had that G&K differ from any other fundie parents was 100% blown out of the water when Alyssa and John talked about her first surgery and detailed her parents' lack of involvement; check it out - filmed during their Orlando staycation probably in the summer of 2020. They are there for I Love You day and the Christmas party and to run off to Italy for Law's engagement only to fly straight back from there for Katie's bach trip to Orlando and to squeal at weddings and put on a show about how much they'll miss that daughter but make no mistake about it, like all fundies once a daughter is married, she is 100% her husband's problem and how she deals with her marriage, eh that's her problem.

Sure they love their daughters enough that they likely pray that they'll all find good men like Chad, John and Bobby who'll not only treat them well but also let them rule the roost. But if one or a few end up with typical fundies who are mean, eh what can we do, she should pray more??

I mean if they love their daughters SOOOOOOOO much, why exactly couldn't they be there for more than 12 hrs for Alyssa's surgery when she very much was having complications? Did they have jobs that would fire them? Or did they simply not want to deal with cooking meals, cleaning up the kitchen and generally helping her until she could move on her own - so eh it's John's issue?? What parent who loves a child - whether that child is 24 or 44 or married or single could bear to be any place else in the face of HEART SURGERY?? And come to think of it Erin went thru a lot last year, telling that her MIL moved to them for weeks to help, no?? And these are easy things - cooking, cleaning, being there - they can't be bothered with that but they'll be there to tell off Trav and his daddy and to wrestle control of their daughter away from Trav and his daddy if needed? Lol keep dreaming.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, 65mickey said:

You really think that Gil and Kelly would stand by and allow anyone to physically abuse their daughter? They may have their faults but I think they love their children. As a parent no one would harm my daughter if i have one breath left in my body.  And I think most parents feel this way.

Jim-Bob and Michelle metaphorically stood by while their son digitally raped their daughter, so I have absolutely no doubt that other fundie parents would let their daughters be abused in a myriad of ways. They are all terrible parents.

Gil and Kelly encourage young marriage and being quiverfull even in the face of severe health injuries for their girls. Most of them have the clotting condition that makes pregnancy risky and yet Gil and Kelly encourage their daughters to keep getting pregnant even if with all the risks. I don't think the parents worried about the girls safety.

That being said I don't think Travis has been physically abusive.

• Love 5
On 1/8/2022 at 7:47 AM, 65mickey said:

I seriously doubt that Travis has been physicaly abusive to Katie. This is nothing more than gossip. 

Travis may not be physically abusing her,  but there's other types.  Emotional abuse is any kind of abuse that is psychological rather than physical in nature. It can include anything from verbal abuse, constant criticism, intimidation or more subtle tactics, such as manipulation, or constant displeasure with you.  
From what I've read on here, he learned from the best, as it sounds like his Dad is a real dick.  I hope he's not doing that, any of it.  She doesn't seem strong enough to ever fight back.  Who would she even turn to?  Really sad. 

• Love 8

I'll give Travis the benefit of the doubt, as there's no evidence he's abusive in any way. However, he's a rich privileged kid and he's not a Chad-type where the world revolves around his wife's whims. Katie's going to be on his program and not the other way around. She also can't pull a Tori by whining and complaining so much her husband caves and moves closer to her family. Hopefully Katie carves a happy life out for herself in New Jersey because this is it for her. 

• Love 7
On 1/8/2022 at 3:44 AM, Temperance said:

Gil and Kelly encourage young marriage and being quiverfull even in the face of severe health injuries for their girls. Most of them have the clotting condition that makes pregnancy risky and yet Gil and Kelly encourage their daughters to keep getting pregnant even if with all the risks. I don't think the parents worried about the girls safety.

That being said I don't think Travis has been physically abusive.

Do they? They taught being quiverfull when the girls were growing up before the problems were known. Is it a certainty that they have continued to do so after they were? They could be advising against more and being ignored,

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Do they do anything without his parents?  I watched the vid about the sisters visits.  His parents were at the mall with them (45 mins away) and at Top Golf (too close to me). They weren’t in the car w/Trav & Katie either time. Just seems strange. 

So they don’t live far from me. Maybe 20 mins or so. I keep talking to my kids about them. Basically like I’ve followed the family for awhile and now it’s weird that she’s moving here. They are calling me a stalker. No, I haven’t tried to find their house or anything, just followed on SM.  Last Sat, we were at Outback and I was talking about how it’s weird to see their SM and know where they are talking about or going, like where they got their tree or the Target by my brother’s old house.  My kids said you would fan-girl them if they walked in. (No, I wouldn’t. Maybe I’d take secret pics of them though.) Then earlier this week, they posted that they had been at they same Outback the day after we were w/Nathan & Esther. Made me laugh. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 12/29/2021 at 8:09 PM, cereality said:

Physical abuse - yeah I don't see that absent something going really really wrong. Verbal abuse and general control - sorry but I can see that happening. He has an anger to him. I mean we don't see him on camera constantly yet how many times have we already seen him snap at Katie/acted offended by her over legit nothing?? Calling Remi little or saying she doesn't do guys' hair or interrupting him on a house tour or not shutting a door on a house tour are hardly a big deal esp for a guy who should be sooooo in love right now that he should be agreeing if the wife says the moon is made of cheese; yet to Trav - these were things worth snapping about?? On camera? 

She interrupted him constantly in the sisters visit video and he didn't snap at her. Maybe he is getting used to it... I don't think she means to be rude, she's just so over excitable. 

• Useful 1

I feel like I understand Travis' personality a little better. They still come off like a high school couple with nothing in common. These two have a tough road ahead of them. I think Katie's homesickness is only going to get stronger, and I don't think having a baby will fill the hole.

• Love 3

It was good to see that the house was pretty empty and they hadn't gone crazy buying loads of furniture immediately. They brought a bedroom set from somewhere (his old room I think they said) to furnish the guest room for the sisters.

• Useful 1

I haven't seen Travis "snap" at katie once. He seems like a very laid-back guy who just wants to make Katie happy.  Now what I have seen is Katie constantly interrupting Travis and not letting him finish a sentence. I know she is immature and excitable but really calm down and let someone else talk for a change. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

So another visitor for Katie, her friend Caitlin I think. So far it seems the newlyweds have been alone for maybe 3 days since they got back to NJ. And whenever they go out, Momma C and Daddy C are there, along with Trav’s siblings and their spouses. Katie showed some photos of her decor, think white on white with white accents. I guess color is out? 

• LOL 2

it seems like Katie is very very homesick and Travis and his family are trying to help her by having family and friends come and visit. I predicted that she was in for a rough time  with the move to NJ away from her family. Hopefully Travis will continue to be understanding and patient with her while she adjusts. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

IMO, Katie was nowhere ready for marriage let alone moving away to another state. It takes a "grown up person" to handle that. Why couldn't her parents see just how immature she is? I think as time goes by, Travis will be a little frustrated with her if she does not adjust.

• Love 6

I kind of feel that her sisters were setting her up for this extreme homesickness.  For months before the wedding, all they said was "She's leaving!"  "Going to miss her so much!" 

Sure, being homesick was a given, but if her sisters hadn't fed into it so much maybe it would have been easier.  

I hope she begins to adjust soon. It seems like Travis and her in-laws are being very sympathetic, but that is going to start to wear thin at some point.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 3

At this point Travis is playing nice, a) because Katie can be annoying and visitors give her something to do and b) they're not comfortable around one another, so it's a nice buffer. However I agree, it will wear thin eventually.

Someone posted videos from Mr. Clark's Twitter on the subReddit, and they're highly disturbing. Travis and his grandfather are "play" fighting...with straps. The kind you'd use to whack a kid with. Towards the end, the grandfather starts choking Travis. In the other, Travis' dad is wrestling him. It starts out kind of funny, but Travis says multiple times his back hurts, and his dad doesn't let up, then Mr. Clark makes a creepy comment about Travis not being stronger than him or God. There was enough toxic masculinity flowing to flood the Grand Canyon.

I really wish Katie hadn't married into this family. I don't get good vibes at all.

I came here to say the same thing as @BitterApple - something isn't right with this family. Sure guys play fight etc. but actually hitting each other with belts to the point that it's hurting and then choking your grandson and dad and son wrestling to the point where son starts saying his neck and back hurts and dad still doesn't stop - and btw this was to wish son a happy birthday??? And meanwhile mom was standing by watching the wrestling laughing along - in most families even if guys are rough, a mom would tell the dad to stop when her damn 17 yr old had neck pain???

This family has a meanness to it. I will never be convinced otherwise. Before people jump all over me I am not saying Trav is doing or will do anything physically harmful to Katie, but he is not as nice as his sweet smile and perfect hair and northface indicate. Let's be real the allegations re Trav's dad being physical with his mom came from somewhere and he has seen all of this growing up not only from dad but grandpa. If Katie had an ounce of common sense she'd be watching Trav and his reactions VERY closely. He and his family are all passive aggressive polite but they 100% have decided - it's ok for her to be homesick for x months, let all her friends and family come; but I can see at month 3 or 6, Trav - either on his own or under daddy's direction - says nope your family doesn't need to be here, you're fine, get over it. And then she'll be even more lost.

If she had any sense - or if Gil gave a $hit, he doesn't bc he married off another daughter and this one got rich inlaws - screw the sisters or the brothers who won't be around [nothing against Addie/Ellie/Nathan/Jackson but there's nothing they can do for her] -- and have Gil, Zach, and John come out to visit. I don't mean Kelly, Whit, or Alyssa. In a cult where men only respect men, show her freaking inlaws and husband that she has men in her corner who are keeping an eye out for her and her happiness.

And I agree Trav right now is ok with visitors weekly - and on any night they don't have visitors they have dinner with his parents, cousins etc., they are hardly ever alone at home together - because he's trying to be sweet with her homesickness AND because this marriage is an awkward 8th grade bf-gf situation. She gives off newlywed Jill Duggar vibes - totally blown out of the water being home alone when he's at school a few hrs a week; but then he comes home and they legit have nothing to say to each other besides talking about the next house project, chores, or the dog. So yeah I think he feels some relief having Addie/Ellie/Nathan/the bridesmaid or whoever else around bc it's someone to occupy her a bit so he doesn't have to talk to her or if he wants to they can have a group conversation.

Marriage doesn't magically get easier. If she has an ounce of common sense in her head she should also be trying to develop a marriage with Trav who she is stuck with for life. Bestie is visiting now and then she goes to Tenn in April for Carlin's baby -- why not take those 8-10 wks in between to NOT have visitors and NOT go to his parents' house 4 nights/wk but force yourself to be home alone with each other?? Some of the time will be sex. Some will be talking. Hell you can buy books which have dating conversation starters if it's such a struggle??

Edited by cereality
  • Love 8