Type keyword(s) to search

Katie and Travis: Young Love?

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, So unbelievable said:

I didn't watch the video, but heard that their dog is knocked up.  Guess Katie's new job will be dog breeder, like her MIL.  Poor dog ☹️  Who knows how many litters they will make her have. 

Ugh, these people make me stabby. How old is Remi? IIRC, she's pretty young and it's not recommended to breed dogs until they're at least two. I wonder how Katie will deal when a litter of nine or ten puppies is tearing up her brand new house. What a bunch of idiots. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Ugh, these people make me stabby. How old is Remi? IIRC, she's pretty young and it's not recommended to breed dogs until they're at least two. I wonder how Katie will deal when a litter of nine or ten puppies is tearing up her brand new house. What a bunch of idiots. 

He said their vet OK'd breeding her.

• Sad 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

He said their vet OK'd breeding her.

Doesn't mean it's right or that the vet has any clue. Remi is a "doodle," right? So they're breeding mutts for money. 

• Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

So Trav and Katie are on another Clark family vacation at the beach. Must be nice! Although since the entire Clark family includes the crazy grandfather and Fuhrer Clark, maybe not.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Yeah, but just WHY? YouTube content? Ugh 

YT content and puppies are cute. I doubt any Bates is capable of deeper thought than that. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Heathen said:

Doesn't mean it's right or that the vet has any clue. Remi is a "doodle," right? So they're breeding mutts for money. 

I don't know what school the vet went to or how much experience he has but I'm sure he can recognize dog breeds 😉

(edited)
3 hours ago, ozziemom said:

So Trav and Katie are on another Clark family vacation at the beach. Must be nice! Although since the entire Clark family includes the crazy grandfather and Fuhrer Clark, maybe not.

They are in Ocean City NJ, not Ocean City MD.  Less than an hour from home. I know she called it a "vacation", but I would call it a weekend at the beach.  If they stay longer I will stand corrected.

They sure do eat out a lot and go away a lot though.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

I don't know what school the vet went to or how much experience he has but I'm sure he can recognize dog breeds 😉

A doodle isn't a breed -- it's a mutt. Furthermore, a lot of vets say and do whatever they think clients want, because money. See: declawing of cats, docking of dogs' ears and tails. 

I am a longtime cat rescue volunteer. I have seen some real dumbass vets. Being able to handle the academic work doesn't mean they're not morons. 

• Sad 10
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

They are in Ocean City NJ, not Ocean City MD.  Less than an hour from home. I know she called it a "vacation", but I would call it a weekend at the beach.  If they stay longer I will stand corrected.

They sure do eat out a lot and go away a lot though.

From NJ. Lived there til I was 21. We went “down the shore” a lot of weekends/long weekends growing up.  One summer my parents rented a place. It was far from luxurious but a block from the beach. Moving to the south and hearing “going to the beach” was sure different. I wonder if they go “down the shore” much. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I lived in Allentown PA in the early 90’s.  Lots of people there went “down the shore” on weekends.  We took our kids to Ocean City.  You have to cross a bridge to get there and it is  a dry town. I’m guessing that’s part of the attraction for the Clarks.  Katie did one of her product stories and it looked like she was in a house, not a hotel.  Maybe her in-laws have a beach house?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I lived in Allentown PA in the early 90’s.  Lots of people there went “down the shore” on weekends.  We took our kids to Ocean City.  You have to cross a bridge to get there and it is  a dry town. I’m guessing that’s part of the attraction for the Clarks.  Katie did one of her product stories and it looked like she was in a house, not a hotel.  Maybe her in-laws have a beach house?

Katie and Travis explained they were going to stay in a rented house with all their family members. So the senior Clarks, grandparents, aunt, uncles, cousins. They have been going every years since before Travis was born. More like a family reunion. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Living in New England, we do both - day/weekends at the beach and vacations at the beach. I feel very lucky I can drive north, south and east and be at the ocean in no time, never mind the many lakes all around.

Never been to the Jersey shore though. Driven through many times, one of these times we need to stop.

• Love 3

Son and daughter in law got a golden doodle about 5 years ago.  I am pretty sure they didn't spent huge bucks because they didn't have huge bucks.  That dog may be a "mutt" but he is a great dog and we all love him.  Very laid back, doesn't shed, easy to train, loves everyone, doesn't make noise, gets along with the cat, etc.  So, maybe Katie and Travis see a market, although breeding too early and too often is not great.

• Useful 5
2 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I wonder what you have to do to be a ‘breeder’. There must be some kind of certification or skills involved. 

When you're breeding purebreds, absolutely. 

I think the rules are wild wild west when it comes to breeding the Doodles. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
3 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

I helped a cat rescuer/TNRer with some of her projects in my old neighborhood. That winter she called me during a raging blizzard and wanted me to go over to the cat colony and give them water. I said, "They have water. It's called snow."

I'm not sure if you think you're funny, but you're not. It's important for wildlife, including feral cats, to have access to clean, non-frozen water. Would you expect your pets to drink frozen water, especially during the winter? 

Topic: Is it just me, or does Katie wear a LOT of makeup? Like she puts it on with a spatula? 

2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

When you're breeding purebreds, absolutely. 

I think the rules are wild wild west when it comes to breeding the Doodles. 

Not even when you're breeding purebreds. I doubt the Clarks have a license, but even that doesn't mean a breeder is on the up and up. A lot of puppy mills and backyard breeders have licenses. 

2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I wonder what you have to do to be a ‘breeder’. There must be some kind of certification or skills involved. 

Not a single certification or skill required, whether you're breeding "doodles" or another mutt or an actual breed. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Only if you're breeding show dogs and want your pups to be AKC quality.

Doodles aren't a recognized breed by the AKC, so they don't have established standards for the  breed,  Even if they did, many people who breed their dogs to sell are going to be selling to people who are not interested in a show quality dog, a lot of people just like the look of a particular type of dog and that's their only criteria for choosing a pet.  And there are plenty of breeders out there who know that and just want to make a buck and don't care if the dogs they're breeding are compatible genetically and will produce good quality pups.

Best example I can think of is Dalmatians.  They are beautiful dogs and can be wonderful pets, but they're not usually great around little kids.  But, every time Disney re-releases the cartoon or movies; people rush out and want to buy one.  Then, they find out the dog is a little too high strung and active to tolerate babies and toddlers. It turns out the gene for the nice spot pattern is very near  a gene for deafness and unscrupulous breeders don't check the dogs' hearing before they breed them (many are deaf in one ear or have limited hearing and shouldn't be bred because they can have deaf pups).  About 15% of Dalmatians are deaf because they've been overbred by people who were more interested in making a buck than providing healthy dogs.  I had a deaf Dalmatian, a beautiful, loving dog, who was rescued as a pup from someone who was beating her not realizing she couldn't hear.   

• Sad 16
(edited)
5 hours ago, Heathen said:

Topic: Is it just me, or does Katie wear a LOT of makeup? Like she puts it on with a spatula? 

She must.  Add Carlin, Erin, Alyssa and Josie to that too.  They think it looks "natural", but it is far from it.  No wonder they need their extensive bedtime routines to scrape/remove it all. 

Edited by So unbelievable
  • Like 3
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, So unbelievable said:

She must.  Add Carlin, Erin, Alyssa and Josie to that too.  They think it looks "natural", but it is far from it.  No wonder they need their extensive bedtime routines to scrape/remove it all. 

Did y'all catch Carlin's skin care shill a couple of days ago? She had at least six steps. Come on, you're 24. You don't need much more than a good cleanser to wash off the spackled on makeup and a good day and night cremes. This goes for all of them. Worry about the peptides, retinol, etc. when you're 40.

• Like 3
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Did y'all catch Carlin's skin care shill a couple of days ago? She had at least six steps. Come on, you're 24. You don't need much more than a good cleanser to wash off the spackled on makeup and a good day and night cremes. This goes for all of them. Worry about the peptides, retinol, etc. when you're 40.

Yea, I don't think any of them do anything more than wash their face before bedtime. Those 'routines' are just to shill products they don't even use.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

In all fairness to the attention whores, cleanser alone isn't going to take off that much makeup. https://www.allure.com/story/what-is-double-cleansing

The Bateses are just lucky they don't have visible acne like the Duggars. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Just wait.  I predict the Botox injections will start when they are in their 30's.  It seems to be the trend these days. 🙄

The most important thing they all really need right now is a good sunscreen.  That will save them down the road.  

• Like 4
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Just wait.  I predict the Botox injections will start when they are in their 30's.  It seems to be the trend these days. 🙄

The most important thing they all really need right now is a good sunscreen.  That will save them down the road.  

The Botox injections will only start if they can find a way to get them free in exchange for mentions on social media.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

Yes, that's why I separated night and day cremes. SPF is important, and I bet Carlin's product doesn't have it.

eta It's surprising how many days cremes don't have SPF.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 3
(edited)

As far as I know, the only one who has ever mentioned sunscreen is Katie.  

I am 62.  Every year I go to the dermatologist for a full body skin check, and every year they find precancerous spots on my face which  promptly get removed. 

I have been wearing sunscreen daily since my 30's, but the damage was done when I was a teenager and spent my summers at my parents' lake cottage.  In those days  we all wanted to get tanned.  If only we had known.

Those girls really need to step up their sunscreen use.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, So unbelievable said:

I saw one of Josie’s spend-a-day with me videos which started with early morning and what looked like no makeup. That girl is gorgeous with no makeup. I don’t know why she bothers with more than mascara and lip gloss. 

• Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

I saw one of Josie’s spend-a-day with me videos which started with early morning and what looked like no makeup. That girl is gorgeous with no makeup. I don’t know why she bothers with more than mascara and lip gloss. 

Agree.  One story she was doing she was by a window.  Looked like the typical, caked on make up.  Then she leaned forward into the sun and it looked so disgusting.  Looked like dirt on her face.  

To me, Carlin has trouble with matching her color.  Looks really weird a lot of the time. 

I worked with an anesthesiologist who did botox and fillers on the side.  Coworker got botox in her forehead and her eyebrows were lopsided.  I couldn't help but laugh.  That's exactly what would happen to me if I got it. 

Edited by So unbelievable
  • Love 3
On 6/6/2022 at 11:27 AM, Notabug said:

The Botox injections will only start if they can find a way to get them free in exchange for mentions on social media.

There are Botox/lip filler parties now, like Tupperware parties, lingerie parties, etc. My niece was hosting one a while back. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 3

Folks,

This is the Katie and Travis thread.  Let's get back on topic:

• Since they have not had botox nor talked about it on social media, please take any further talk to Small Talk.  
  • Many people have strong feelings about issues related to animals.  However this is not the how we should treat wild or domesticated animals thread; nor is it the place to debate why persons may want a particular breed of dog. Please take any further discussion on these topics to Small Talk.
  • Finally, discussions related to Travis' family are allowed here.  How the two interact with their families is all part of who they are.  Kelly and Gil Bates have their own thread.  Since Travis' family does not, they can be discussed here. 

Questions?  PM @PrincessPurrsALot.  We do not debate moderator actions in the forums. 

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Well so much for waiting a couple of years. Any guy who marries a Bates girl should know by now that isn't happening. I am surprised it took her this long to get pregnant. 

It appears that she got knocked up the second Travis graduated. Her due date is early March, but she noted that it could be late February. Remember, she also has the clotting disorder so she'll probably be induced around 37 weeks.

• Sad 2
  • Love 1

I'm not familiar with their part of New Jersey. I am wondering if, when she takes the kid to the park, she will find other moms in her age range or will they all be in their late 20s or early 30s and surprised to find a mom her age in their midst.

31 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

I'm not familiar with their part of New Jersey. I am wondering if, when she takes the kid to the park, she will find other moms in her age range or will they all be in their late 20s or early 30s and surprised to find a mom her age in their midst.

Grew up right where they live - in fact if Trav's family were to send anyone to public school [the horror], they'd go to my high school. While that part of NJ is a bit more provincial than the northern NJ/right outside of NYC suburbs, it's still not provincial like Katie and Trav. No one marries at 19 or 21 or whatever age they were and it's rare to find a MARRIED mom with a baby at 22. Like anywhere you'll find some accidental pregnancy/single mom/guy ran away type situations but perish the thought Katie wouldn't hang out with THOSE women. At 22 most women in that area - even the ones who weren't the most studious - are finishing up some sort of college, nursing, medical tech type program. Assuming she has her baby in the major hospital system there, she'll notice MANY of the lab techs, nurses, etc. are her age.

But guess it doesn't matter for them, their baby won't socialize with the regulars at Mommy & Me anyway - it'll be all about the church family and the inlaws. Heaven forbid it's a son, we can only think about what Grandpa Clark and Great Grandpa Clark will be doing to start "toughening him up" starting at like 6 mos.

• Sad 5
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, cereality said:

Grew up right where they live - in fact if Trav's family were to send anyone to public school [the horror], they'd go to my high school. While that part of NJ is a bit more provincial than the northern NJ/right outside of NYC suburbs, it's still not provincial like Katie and Trav. No one marries at 19 or 21 or whatever age they were and it's rare to find a MARRIED mom with a baby at 22. Like anywhere you'll find some accidental pregnancy/single mom/guy ran away type situations but perish the thought Katie wouldn't hang out with THOSE women. At 22 most women in that area - even the ones who weren't the most studious - are finishing up some sort of college, nursing, medical tech type program. Assuming she has her baby in the major hospital system there, she'll notice MANY of the lab techs, nurses, etc. are her age.

But guess it doesn't matter for them, their baby won't socialize with the regulars at Mommy & Me anyway - it'll be all about the church family and the inlaws. Heaven forbid it's a son, we can only think about what Grandpa Clark and Great Grandpa Clark will be doing to start "toughening him up" starting at like 6 mos.

That's what she should have done. Go to community college, even if it's just to meet people her own age. It was embarrassing how she was begging her husband to impregnate her in their videos. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
12 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

That's what she should have done. Go to community college, even if it's just to meet people her own age. It was embarrassing how she was begging her husband to impregnate her in their videos. 

Exactly. If she had an ounce of intelligence, instead of sitting around for the first 6 months of her marriage BEGGING for Trav to make a baby with her -- she would have instead joined the cosmetology program at the local community college, which is really pretty close to where they live. Trav has said before that he'd "let her" work and he even put a sink/chair set up in the basement, likely hoping she'd start doing hair for fundie weddings at his church or something - anything to distract herself from needing a baby ASAP. Trav has said before also that the Tenn cosmetology license doesn't transfer to NJ directly - she'd have to take some more classes to get a NJ license. So yeah moron Katie, she could've taken said classes and in doing so met some other girls her age.

But reality is she and her sister were raised with ZERO self awareness and were raised like all fundies to believe they are BEST. So when she met 18-22 classmates with no husbands, not knowing whether they'll marry and become moms in 2 yrs or 10, you'd know she'd feel superior and feel sorry for them. Not the makings of friendship . . . . It's the way Anna Duggar when living in DC famously said she felt sorry for all those DC girls who "had to" work and didn't even have a man because "they don't even have a man to take out the garbage." HAHAHAHA pretty sure those east coast women are better off NOT having the garbage that fundie women deal with on the regular.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

That video was annoying...all she did was talk, talk. It's apparent to me that Katie was bored and lonely. She wanted to have a baby for something do and some company at home. Sad that she is such a young woman with no life of her own at all. She is still immature and not ready to be a mother, IMO. Travis is an idiot for impregnating her so quickly after graduation. BTW, what did he graduate from...his family's 'college'? What did he prepare to do for a living? Katie needed to do exactly what you here above have suggested; taking some classes, meeting others her own age from the community, etc. I was so annoyed at Kelly's cackling in this video too. Stupid Gil saying "I KNEW it was going to happen"...yes, of course it was going to happen..your daughter is having unprotected sex with her husband...so a baby is a logical result, Gil. Don't they realize that their daughter is woefully unprepared and immature to be married let alone a mother to someone? How could they not see this?

• Like 7
  • Love 5