Type keyword(s) to search

Katie and Travis: Young Love?

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

I wonder why Alyssa wasn’t in the pic with all the other sisters. 

Alyssa's mentioned struggling with sickness her entire pregnancy. I wonder if she wasn't feeling well and came late? The group photo may have been taken before she got there. 

7 hours ago, So unbelievable said:

Good to know Whitney and Addee are carrying on the ugly, clunky, white tennis shoes 🙄.  The only good thing about that long dress is it's probably covering those hideous white sneakers.

Which is worse, clunky white sneaker or boot like Carlin has on?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I hate, hate, hate those boots.  They do absolutely nothing for anyone's legs.  With pants? Sure.  With matching colour tights? Probably not so bad.  But the way they wear them?  No.

The clunky white sneakers aren't great but I can give Addee a pass because she is still a teen.  But Whitney?  Not so much.  

It's actually very telling that they just follow trends blindly.  Shows how much having to wear matching prairie dresses made from bargain bin fabric affected them.  Kind of sad, really. 

• Like 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Combat boots and dresses are very in right now. I don't really mind it, but I wore them back in the day (but not with dresses, which I don't wear).

Those aren’t combat boots and fundies couldn’t pull that look off, either.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Combat boots and dresses are very in right now. I don't really mind it, but I wore them back in the day (but not with dresses, which I don't wear).

Carlin and her white pointy boots remind me of go-go boots from the 1960’s. She needs to get rid of hers, they just look odd. She does have black or brown combat type boots too, but the white ones must be for dress up 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Gun to my head, I'd have to say I hate the sneakers more.  Only because they wear them with dresses thinking they are cute.  Yes, I give Addee a pass, for now.  The boots are ugly, but at least they look better with skirts/dresses.  I now feel ill having to make that decision. 

Edited by So unbelievable
  • Like 3
  • LOL 4

When they say the Batesfam spent hours on the shower, I'm betting that means Michaela.  Kelly just shows up and eats and poses for pictures.  And someone needs to tell her to lose the vests.  At least this was a sweater vest rather than one of those outdoor ones she sometimes wears.

I actually don't have much problem with Michaela's dress.  Yes it's pretty frumpy and there are definitely nicer options, but at least it's a color.  And I wonder how much she can afford.  I'm betting she and Brandon live within their means unlike some of the others.

• Like 8
  • Love 3

Maybe it’s not a bad thing that Carlin is at Katie’s. K&T got a little surprise at the 35 week check up. Looks like Hailey can make her entrance at any time now. The baby’s head is also in the 97 percentile. I would be asking for a C section and have no shame. 

• Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1

I am quite concerned about the news they received from the most recent ultra sound...they said the baby's head was large and that her arms and legs were short. This does not sound good to me. Does anyone know if Katie is seeing a "real ob" or a midwife/fundy type? I hope this child is just fine and all goes well.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

I am quite concerned about the news they received from the most recent ultra sound...they said the baby's head was large and that her arms and legs were short. This does not sound good to me. Does anyone know if Katie is seeing a "real ob" or a midwife/fundy type? I hope this child is just fine and all goes well.

They were told that in a previous appointment, Travis was concerned and asked during this last appointment. They were assured that while 97 percentile in head size there were no concerns about Hailey. They said the Clarks have big heads and Katie even made fun of her own big head and small body. Fingers crossed that it’s just genetics. From what they have shown of their appointments it looks like Katie is under the care of a legit physician. The Clarks don’t look like the home birth and a doula is as good as an OB type. 

Edited by SMama
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Can dwarfism be detected in utero? That's where my mind went when I read larger than normal head, and smaller limbs. When Katie joked about the Clarks having big heads, I didn't see it. They all look pretty proportional to me.

• Useful 1
14 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Can dwarfism be detected in utero? That's where my mind went when I read larger than normal head, and smaller limbs. When Katie joked about the Clarks having big heads, I didn't see it. They all look pretty proportional to me.

Yes, it can.  Her ultrasound sounds fine to me.  Her doctor would've told her if he/she suspected dwarfism.  Lots of kids have big heads and short legs.  It probably will not even be noticeable when she's born, she'll look like every other baby.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
23 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

When Katie joked about the Clarks having big heads, I didn't see it. They all look pretty proportional to me.

Maybe at birth they have larger than usual heads but it evens out as they grow.  

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, SMama said:

Maybe at birth they have larger than usual heads but it evens out as they grow.  

Babies' heads are disproportionately large in relation to the rest of their body compared to kids and adults.  Somewhere around a quarter to a third of a baby's height is it's head. Now, picture a 6 foot tall adult with a head that is 2 feet long.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2

Katie goes to one of the UPenn practices. I feel like if something serious like dwarfism was on the table, an Ivy League health system would’ve mentioned it long ago.

What are they thinking have Evan and Carlin and their potty training kid stay with them for however many weeks until their kid arrives. Do they really not want these final few weeks by themselves?!

• Like 8
6 minutes ago, SMama said:

Kelly is New Jersey while Leisure Boy is still avoiding the camera for some reason.

Leisure Boy filmed plenty for the Stew Crew YouTube channel. He said he was letting Travis and Katie film footage for themselves or something 

Just now, Salacious Kitty said:

Was he in this week's vlog? If he produced it, he was there. 🤔

He and Travis had a boys day out, ie driving around in the Tesla. Plus a golf simulation game, so I guess no one is worried about Katie going into labor anymore since they left her with Carlin and the 2 kids.

• Mind Blown 2

I didn’t get the time to watch their Saturday video. We were busy getting drenched at the San Francisco Chinese New Year Parade. We had ski jackets and umbrellas but the wind was wicked. 

At least Evan can watch the kids so it’s not all on Katie. I don’t expect much from Carlin.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, SMama said:

I didn’t get the time to watch their Saturday video. We were busy getting drenched at the San Francisco Chinese New Year Parade. We had ski jackets and umbrellas but the wind was wicked. 

At least Evan can watch the kids so it’s not all on Katie. I don’t expect much from Carlin.

It rains every year! I stopped going years ago. They televise it, so I'm good. 😀

46 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

It rains every year! I stopped going years ago. They televise it, so I'm good. 😀

It rains this bad? We were here 13 years ago. SBaby was barely two but I don’t remember rain then. 

On topic, I really hope Katie gets the birth experience she has imagined, even with all the dead weight around her.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, SMama said:

It rains this bad? We were here 13 years ago. SBaby was barely two but I don’t remember rain then. 

On topic, I really hope Katie gets the birth experience she has imagined, even with all the dead weight around her.  

It really poured last night. It's usually not that bad. 

As for Katie, I guess she's getting the birth experience she wants. She seems terrified. 

• Sad 2

Also an appearance by KJ, they all went to church together this morning, then grocery shopping. I imagine Katie’s house is crammed full of Bates. Hopefully KJ brought someone with her who might actually be some help.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

Leisure Boy doesn't typically hide from the camera. I thought maybe he had a pimple or something, lol. Glad to know he's just enjoying his Tesla and golf time. 

I wondered if he had a zit or maybe a bad hair day! 

• LOL 5

I don’t see Carlin being that much help. Case in point: that photo of her taking a nap on their couch. Hopefully she won’t have one of her “episodes” when she’s holding the baby and had to take to her bed for a few days. She needs to be the center of attention, doncha know!

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

Also an appearance by KJ, they all went to church together this morning, then grocery shopping. I imagine Katie’s house is crammed full of Bates. Hopefully KJ brought someone with her who might actually be some help.

Where do all of these people sleep? There is one guest room downstairs.  So Carlin, Evan, 2 kids and Mama Bates all piled into one room? Or are they spread out on sofas and the floor?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
7 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Where do all of these people sleep? There is one guest room downstairs.  So Carlin, Evan, 2 kids and Mama Bates all piled into one room? Or are they spread out on sofas and the floor?

I bet the Stew Crew made themselves comfortable in the guest bedroom. Kelly is either sleeping on the sofa, or Evan is on the sofa and Kelly with Carlin. 

• Like 1