Type keyword(s) to search

Katie and Travis: Young Love?

• Start Topic

(edited)
59 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

In Evan's video posted to YouTube today Katie is wearing pants as she and Travis make their goodbyes at Carlin's place and head to their car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrrqhS_FfKA

Katie looked so cute in the pink sweats. I felt sad for her when she was holding Layla and said she was afraid her family would forget about her because she'd moved. I really wish she'd married someone local. She's the type of person who needs her tribe, and the Clarks really don't provide that. I hope she'll eventually hit her stride.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 5

I thought Layla was adorable trying to get her point across that she wanted to go with Katie. Great job by Evan distracting her with snacks. 

I thought I heard Katie say she was returning in two weeks. There are no events until Carlin gives birth. Is she that close to her due date? 

• Love 4

The Clarks, per Katie’s IG are on their way to NC to a recording studio. It now makes sense when Travis said they were adding Katie’s voice to the family. 

They seem to be on a van and perhaps will do a Q&A. They were asked when are they having a baby, even though they already stated not now. Travis was polite, but seems over it. I realize leg humpers want it their way. But he just celebrated his 21st birthday. Give them a break. If anyone looks at the Clark family patterns, they will realize they are cultish similar. Having three kids, after a year or two, seems to be the norm. 

Im still intrigued about Gil approving a courtship with a guy who definitely didn’t come from a quiverfull family. Unless the family’s wealth was all grifter Gil could see.

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, SMama said:

The Clarks, per Katie’s IG are on their way to NC to a recording studio. It now makes sense when Travis said they were adding Katie’s voice to the family. 

They seem to be on a van and perhaps will do a Q&A. They were asked when are they having a baby, even though they already stated not now. Travis was polite, but seems over it. I realize leg humpers want it their way. But he just celebrated his 21st birthday. Give them a break. If anyone looks at the Clark family patterns, they will realize they are cultish similar. Having three kids, after a year or two, seems to be the norm. 

Im still intrigued about Gil approving a courtship with a guy who definitely didn’t come from a quiverfull family. Unless the family’s wealth was all grifter Gil could see.

Both of Trav’s siblings also got married in 2021 so we shall see when the baby train starts for them. If just up to her, Katie would probably not wait to get pregnant, most of her sisters had babies almost right away, so I think she would too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Seems KJ and Addee are now with Katie in NJ.  I've never used Door Dash, because I live out in the sticks, but have heard they are expensive.  How about getting out of the hotel and drive down the road to get your food.   I miss food delivery, but wouldn't over pay for that if I was in the city.  Bugs me.  They bug me.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, So unbelievable said:

Seems KJ and Addee are now with Katie in NJ.  I've never used Door Dash, because I live out in the sticks, but have heard they are expensive.  How about getting out of the hotel and drive down the road to get your food.   I miss food delivery, but wouldn't over pay for that if I was in the city.  Bugs me.  They bug me.  

The Clark family are all in North Carolina for a recording session, there was a post on Instagram of them all in a van driving down. Looks like KJ and Addee are visiting Katie there, I guess they aren’t too far from Tennessee. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, So unbelievable said:

My husband and I ordered Chik-Fil-A through Door Dash the other night and it was $64 including tip. I nearly fell out when I saw the total. For a family who was in abject poverty not too long ago, they sure do spend frivolously. 

3 hours ago, ozziemom said:

The Clark family are all in North Carolina for a recording session, there was a post on Instagram of them all in a van driving down. Looks like KJ and Addee are visiting Katie there, I guess they aren’t too far from Tennessee. 

I think I read that the distance from Knox to Asheville is only a few hours, so yeah, not an unreasonable drive. People were commenting that the Clarks seem dour in Katie's videos, but I think they're sick of her constantly filming. She recorded them eating at some restaurant the other night, and Travis' parents didn't look up from their plates. I know Katie is young and dumb, but how can she not see that these people clearly don't enjoy having a phone shoved in their faces? It seems like the Clarks are playing nice because Katie isn't adjusting well, but you get the vibe their tolerance has an expiration date. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
On 3/11/2022 at 1:06 AM, YupItsMe said:

When I was about Katie's age and in college, I knew a (non-fundie) girl who'd say that same thing about some of her dresses. I thought it was bizarre then at our age and still find it disturbing now over twenty years after having had my own kids.  Just seems sad that a 19/20 year old girl in modern times doesn't have other priorities and experiences to long for first. 

• Love 6

Omg, if you guys need a good laugh check out Katie's most recent stories. It's game night with Travis' parents and the Clarks are their usual tight-lipped, dour selves. Josie looks like she's being held hostage. Complete opposite of how bubbly and excited she was with Katie in the airport. What is it about Mr. and Mrs. Clark that sets everyone's teeth on edge? Josie, blink twice if you need us to come rescue you!

https://www.instagram.com/kgbates2000/?hl=en

• LOL 5

The Clark's are probably having mini strokes that Josie is not wearing a dress/skirt.  Slut!!

Love how his mom has on a chic Under Armour sweatshirt with her denim skirt.  Did her back heal through prayer?  Does anyone know if she ended up having surgery?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

Josie visiting with both kids for a week and Travis says it will be "fun." Laughed at that.

Josie is flying home Monday morning, a really short visit. 

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, answerphone said:

How much does it cost to fly round trip from Batesville to Katie’s?

For the heck of it, I looked at prices for round trips three weeks out and the cheapest ticket I found was $400.  Not sure how far in advance Josie booked, but that's not chicken feed, especially with a trip to California on the horizon. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

For the heck of it, I looked at prices for round trips three weeks out and the cheapest ticket I found was $400.  Not sure how far in advance Josie booked, but that's not chicken feed, especially with a trip to California on the horizon. 

Don't forget that Willow also needs a ticket. Yikes!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

For $800 worth of tickets they should have stayed longer. The double stroller costs $550. Business must be really good for the Balkas. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, floridamom said:

Where is this video of Josie not wearing a skirt/dress?

On Katie's insta stories, there is a clip of Katie and Josie at I think Home Depot. You can see Josie pushing the stoller through the parking alot and she is in pants. Good for her not bowing to the Clark's dress code for women. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, SMama said:

For $800 worth of tickets they should have stayed longer. The double stroller costs $550. Business must be really good for the Balkas. 

Josie ended up borrowing the stroller from Tori.  

• Useful 2
1 minute ago, 3 is enough said:

Josie ended up borrowing the stroller from Tori.  

Wow, then the Smiths are doing well, except that now they need a triple stroller. 

• Love 2

its not that expensive.  Plenty of round trip tickets in the $230-250 range to where they are flying.  Considering that is the only cost for the trip, it's affordable. They don't have to worry about hotels and food. 

• Useful 2

So no posts from Katie in a full week - when Josie left - not even on Resurrection Sunday when they'd normally be cooing about church and showing off their church finery? And Trav's brother links a few IG pics showing Trav is with his family but by himself and totally not in church attire; everyone else is in at least a button down w/ Trav's brother in a suit/tie and Trav is wearing an open plaid shirt over a black t shirt looking like he just stopped by to say hi while out running errands. And earlier in the week Katie's sister in law was posting from the inlaws house - like BBQ-ing + game night and mentioned the whole family was there but they were missing Katie and Trav; at that point I figured they had gone on a trip or something but obv not because Trav is in town.

Hmm - where is Katie?? It's not like she's in Tenn or Alyssa bc we would've seen at least a pic by now. It's not like she got a job and had to go on a business trip so Trav is on his own for a week. Any chance she's pregnant and not up to going out?? I mean they've been married 5 mos which is actually on the later side for newlyweds in her family - I mean Whit; Alyssa; Tori; Carlin; and Josie all had their first baby before their first anniversary rolled around and some were honeymoon babies. The only ones that didn't follow that path were Erin and Michael who both had fertility issues + Esther who isn't a Bates and unlike Whit doesn't seem like she is dying to be a Bates. Though if she is pregnant, look out; as Trav has clearly stated he does not want that yet and not that he didn't have something to do with it but he comes from an angry macho family who I'm sure will "blame" Katie as if she impregnated herself.

Edited by cereality
  • Love 5

So she posted - got sick 4 days ago and has been in bed since. Tons and tons of pics of tea from Dunkin and Sbux and Panera chicken soup and a nightstand full of gatorade. Went to urgent care and negative for flu and covid; though there's tons of respiratory stuff circulating right now plus who knows if the current covid strain is being caught by the tests - maybe it is, not saying she had covid, but who knows given how this pandemic has gone.

Edited by cereality
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I don't understnd why people always jump to "she's pregnant' whenever one of the Bates women don't post to social media for a few days. People do get sick and it doesn't always involve pregnancy.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I don't understnd why people always jump to "she's pregnant' whenever one of the Bates women don't post to social media for a few days. People do get sick and it doesn't always involve pregnancy.

Most people get sick more often than they get pregnant, but in these fundie families the women are pregnant more often than they are randomly sick.  When discussing a culture where pregnancy in the first couple months of marriage and every other year after is so common, guessing one of the Bates girls is pregnant is usually a pretty good bet. 

• Love 8

A few months ago people were speculatiing that Alyssa was pregnant, and on Reddit the speculation is that Tory is pregnant. Now the speculation is that Katie is pregnant. Looks like she has an upper respiratory viral infection and she probably feels horrible accounting for no instagram posts this past week.

• Love 1

Katie's latest video on Josie's visit and their bedroom makeover:

https://youtu.be/qSR7T67kIww

Josie must be one hell of a buffer because that's the happiest I've seen Travis and Katie since they got married. The room re-do wasn't my cup of tea, but it gave Katie something to get excited about, so that was nice. I don't think Travis liked it either but he put on a good front. 

I know Katie mentioned making design decisions via FaceTime, but I wonder how much input she really had when the Clarks were renovating. Given that she's been there five months and the house still lacks warmth and personal touches, you get the vibe she doesn't feel totally comfortable in the space. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 3

Travis graduates Thursday and Kelly arrives today to participate in the festivities. Nevermind she still has school age children at home. Unlike most graduates Travis won’t have the stress of worrying about employment. It would be nice if Katie was employed at least part time. 

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Is Trav going to work for the family? I haven't seen anything regarding his future plans.

Pure speculation on my part. Mike’s wife works at the family owned K-12 school. Mike and Travis work at the university. It seems reasonable for Travis to transition to full time work. I should have clarified. Does anyone know what Travis’s sister does for a living?

One of the feral younger kids is with Kelly - either Jeb or Jud, I can't tell the difference; likely both are there [maybe?] but only one photographed so far. I mean NBD it's not like it's a random Monday in April where school is on. They obv don't do school/do workbooks, if and when it's convenient. He probably did a workbook page for 3 min at the airport gate or on the flight and that now entitles him to a whole week off school - as I believe graduation isn't until Wed or Thurs [assuming Travis' sister in law is graduating from the same school as she was posting yesterday about graduation being 4 days away]. So yeah even if Kelly leaves right after, the kid has skipped at least 4 days of school and then eh it's Friday, just take the day off. 

I believe Travis "majored in" music - not that this is a real university. So I expect he's going to be a music teacher/choir director at the school + whatever office work for the school he does now which allows him to gut a home and put in only $$$ finishings, eat out 80% of his meals, wear only Ralph Lauren attire, and drive a giant new SUV despite gas being $4/gallon+ in that area.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 6

Katie has an IG story with her Mother’s Day present for Kelly, earbuds. Kelly wears them to bed to drown out Gil’s snoring. Kelly was very appreciative and said it was the best present ever. Then had to fuck it up by saying except for a grand baby. Katie giggled nervously and said maybe next year.

They really have to stop calling Travis out on public. That kind of pressure can only backfire. It isn’t fair for Travis’s parents to dictate how long they wait, as it has been speculated. But it is beneficial for those two very young adults to wait until they learn to be comfortable with each other, for Travis to settle on his job, and for both to mature. The piling on will probably convince Travis that his parents are right and he may want to wait longer. 

Why is Kelly delirious with  grand baby fever? She already has 20 grandchildren! Their obsession with breeding for Jesus disgusts me. There is never a thought about the quality of life, just another kid to add to the list. I really hope Travis and Katie wait a few years. Since the elder Clarks hold the purse strings it looks like Kelly is going to have to wait.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I just don’t get it.  My daughter, who has been married for 6 years, just told us she was pregnant at Easter.  I never asked her if or when they were planning to have a baby.  It just was not any of my business.

We were all  at my son’s house, and she had brought Easter baskets for his children.  Then my son-in-law handed me a big plastic egg and said we got an Easter gift too.  When I opened it there were ultrasound pictures inside.  What a great surprise.

They aren’t having a gender reveal party either.  When they find out they will let us know.  She thinks the big elaborate parties are stupid. 

Kelly can’t possibly have a close relationship with so many grandchildren.  Why can’t she just enjoy the ones she has instead of pushing for more?  Katie and Travis need time to settle in as a married couple before they start a family.  Granny Kelly needs to mind her own business.

• Love 16

Really I think KJ just wants everyone to be just like her and have kids left and right every five minutes. She does seem to love her grandkids but pushing Katie about being pregnant is more about what KJ thinks Katie should do than really looking at the situation. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

I just don’t get it.  My daughter, who has been married for 6 years, just told us she was pregnant at Easter.  I never asked her if or when they were planning to have a baby.  It just was not any of my business.

We were all  at my son’s house, and she had brought Easter baskets for his children.  Then my son-in-law handed me a big plastic egg and said we got an Easter gift too.  When I opened it there were ultrasound pictures inside.  What a great surprise.

Congratulations, what exciting news!

Kelly is an idiot. Katie can't even handle marriage despite having 4,879 visitors. The last thing she needs is a baby. Carlin even said as much when Katie nearly dropped Zade after freaking out over a stupid fly. 

In defense of Mr. and Mrs. Clark, any advice to wait may have been given sincerely rather than as a means to control their kids. I could see them telling Travis to give it time so he and Katie can adjust to married life and Katie can adapt to her new home. Unfortunately, that's been a disaster and doesn't show signs of improving. I'm only half-joking when I say Kelly is pushing for a pregnancy so Katie won't bolt. 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Congratulations, what exciting news!

Kelly is an idiot. Katie can't even handle marriage despite having 4,879 visitors. The last thing she needs is a baby. Carlin even said as much when Katie nearly dropped Zade after freaking out over a stupid fly. 

In defense of Mr. and Mrs. Clark, any advice to wait may have been given sincerely rather than as a means to control their kids. I could see them telling Travis to give it time so he and Katie can adjust to married life and Katie can adapt to her new home. Unfortunately, that's been a disaster and doesn't show signs of improving. I'm only half-joking when I say Kelly is pushing for a pregnancy so Katie won't bolt. 

When Carlin is the voice of reason you know we are in hopeless territory. Katie also needs to get used to driving in her new area. Is she going to call 911 if the baby spikes a fever instead of driving to the Dr.’s office. Katie has a lot of growing up to do before bringing an innocent soul into her barely there marriage. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Katie took Kelly and Jeb shopping. They cracked me up because they were looking for a dress for Kelly. Hello? BSB? It didn’t occur to Mama B to pick one of the dresses she’s been shilling? Jeb looked very happy holding a bag from the Lego store. That was not a cheap purchase. SGirl has been a Lego maniac since she was 2. We joke she’ll have to go to a State school because the Ivy League money has been spent on her ridiculous collection of Lego. Judson is going to feel left out. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, SMama said:

Katie took Kelly and Jeb shopping. They cracked me up because they were looking for a dress for Kelly. Hello? BSB? It didn’t occur to Mama B to pick one of the dresses she’s been shilling? 

The funny thing is the dress Kelly pulled off the rack looked exactly like the sort of thing she could've grabbed from BSB!

Katie posted some video of a pre-graduation dinner that I'm assuming was held at the college. The Clarks are their usual sunny selves. Nobody was talking, one guy's glued to his phone, and Travis and his dad seemed weirdly tense. They sat next to each other, each with their arms tightly crossed, both looking away from everyone at the table. At first, I thought there was some sort of speech going on, but I replayed the video and there wasn't. Little Jeb was the only one smiling. For something that was supposed to be celebratory, the vibe was pretty glum. I wonder if Kelly regrets pushing her daughter to marry into this mess. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Katie and Travis are on their way to San Diego. I was thinking about how they are going to handle transportation. Car renters must be 25 y/o. Hopefully they’ll get some sightseeing before the wedding.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1