Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

As another poster noted, that really was a lot of preparation, expense, and physical labor (moving and lifting) for five guests. 

BRAVO $ (budgeted as set design) and she gets to keep the nice flowers and food afterward.

Ramona has major class issues, probably based on her family background.  Did Mario's family have money? I can see her trying to "fit in" and out nouveau riche the nouveau riche. There have been many housewife trips where she's commandeered resort staff to unpack her clothes under her intense and condescending supervision. 

LuAnn and Sonja, for all their hanging on to airs of their former lives, do treat people with respect 90% of the time. Lu, in particular, is always quick to greet and thank servers and staff who hold doors, etc. Very low key and gracious acknowledgements of their presence and efforts. She's certainly had her moments ("don't tell the cabbie to call me LuAnn!") but once I noticed it once, I've noticed dozens of times that she's super consistent about "seeing" people that the other housewives swan by.

I like Ebonie so far, but I was done with Leah ages ago. There are people who would be exhausting in real life (Ramona, Sonja) but are entertaining in weekly microdoses. Leah is exhausting in microdoses.

I don't know if BRAVO has a mandatory breast exposure clause in their contracts, but I always respected that the NY franchise pretty much kept their gals in check. Fearing the reunion gowns, now.

• Love 21
1 minute ago, kassa said:

BRAVO $ (budgeted as set design) and she gets to keep the nice flowers and food afterward.

Ramona has major class issues, probably based on her family background.  Did Mario's family have money? I can see her trying to "fit in" and out nouveau riche the nouveau riche. There have been many housewife trips where she's commandeered resort staff to unpack her clothes under her intense and condescending supervision. 

LuAnn and Sonja, for all their hanging on to airs of their former lives, do treat people with respect 90% of the time. Lu, in particular, is always quick to greet and thank servers and staff who hold doors, etc. Very low key and gracious acknowledgements of their presence and efforts. She's certainly had her moments ("don't tell the cabbie to call me LuAnn!") but once I noticed it once, I've noticed dozens of times that she's super consistent about "seeing" people that the other housewives swan by.

I like Ebonie so far, but I was done with Leah ages ago. There are people who would be exhausting in real life (Ramona, Sonja) but are entertaining in weekly microdoses. Leah is exhausting in microdoses.

I don't know if BRAVO has a mandatory breast exposure clause in their contracts, but I always respected that the NY franchise pretty much kept their gals in check. Fearing the reunion gowns, now.

This is so true. Yet Moaner has terrible manners. Tinsley, to me, was the most polished and had the best manners of the ladies,, take that Countess.  New Yorkers tend to have a more, Curt air about us. Now that I live In Miami, I had to adjust to some of the way my tone can come across, which I think early Bethany was an example of. She wasn't as mean spirited as much as she spoke with at times but her manners were still better than Moaner. Like everyone else I don't care for Leah. She continues with the terrible fashion. Sheesh. 

• Love 16

I tend to think Luann is the snobbiest one of the bunch. Season 1-2 Lu and Rosie for example. Luann ran her ragged. And she tried to get Bethenny to teach Rosie how to cook so she could be more full service and cook for Victoria/Noel so Luann could go out. Sonja doesn't have the financial resources for professional domestics, hence the interns and we've seen how she treated them 😬 I think each one of them acts entitled in their own form.

• Love 15
9 minutes ago, lamujerdecente said:

Tinsley, to me, was the most polished and had the best manners of the ladies,, take that Countess.

Except when Tinsley was really drunk at the restaurant in Mexico and Luann schooled her on saying the F word loudly and repeatedly, bc they were getting looks from the other diners 😄 Tinsley did say F a lot.

(that episode was on last night) 🍹

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Except when Tinsley was really drunk at the restaurant in Mexico and Luann schooled her on saying the F word loudly and repeatedly, bc they were getting looks from the other diners 😄 Tinsley did say F a lot.

(that episode was on last night) 🍹

LMAO I have to rewatch that. I actually found Tins too controlled on her image, she should HAVE checked Dorinda long ago and I don't think it was fear of crazy ass Doris but that she keeps her image controlled. Then again she lets herself be displayed so desperate for Love so what do i know. 

• Love 12

I am not here for RHONY: Starring Leah whateverhername is

Like, at all. Thank god for RHONJ that still feels like a show with people who may actually move in the same circles. Forcing Ramona and Lu to hang out with Leah seems really cruel and making me watch it is even worse.  Check, please.

• LOL 1
  • Love 20

I find it interesting that Ramona, Sonja and (of course) LuAnn who were all NOT to the manner born can act so snobby and entitled. They sure as hell didn’t grow up in luxury. You would think they’d have some empathy for “the help” and Sonja’s “interns” who for the post part are more educated than she is. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, chlban said:

I seriously want to know why Leah is described as a "fan favorite". Almost everyone here seems to detest her.

This forum is a very small corner of the internet. 

17 minutes ago, TomGirl said:

I like Ebonie so far, and think she’s a good addition to the show.  But I cringe every time she refers to the other women as bitches, which she does constantly.  I realize it’s just an expression she uses and isn’t meant to be an insult, but it’s like nails on a chalkboard to me!

That’s my take too...not meant to be insulting. She has a great vocabulary as evidenced by her speech around the healer, so maybe she lays off on it later. 

• Love 7
14 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I’m wondering where she got the money for her Mercedes convertible. The model she has starts at $90k. Damn. After the divorce and the legal troubles, I didn’t think Luann was that well-off anymore. I also didn’t think being a cabaret star was that lucrative! Margarita from Cuba was way more entertaining than Lu’s canned jokes 😊

I'm sure the car is a lane or a rental.

• Love 3

I think another issue with this season is that there just aren’t enough ladies. Part of the fun of this franchise is when the larger group breaks off into smaller pairs and trios and gossips about the rest. Some of the funniest moments come from the groups of 2 or 3 hanging out especially on the trips. The episodes are meant to be a mish mosh of larger group dynamics interspersed with a lunch for two people here, drinks for four here, who didn’t invite who where. I laughed when Eboni said she was surprised to be invited to Ramona’s because she was new to the group - if they hadn’t invited here it would have been just the four of them rattling around Ramona’s house. Less people also means no drama about who gets the lousy room or who has to share with who. Plus when this group of 5 splinters off, it seems to be into the same grouping every time - Leah and Eboni together and then Lu, Ramona and Sonja. It just doesn’t work. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

I tend to think Luann is the snobbiest one of the bunch. Season 1-2 Lu and Rosie for example. Luann ran her ragged. And she tried to get Bethenny to teach Rosie how to cook so she could be more full service and cook for Victoria/Noel so Luann could go out. Sonja doesn't have the financial resources for professional domestics, hence the interns and we've seen how she treated them 😬 I think each one of them acts entitled in their own form.

Lu can definitely be snobby but I agree with kassa that Lu treats waiters, bartenders, etc. with a lot of courtesy. Even last night, she made sure to ask the healer's name and chatted with her a bit.  Lu's snobbiness does come out on occasion and it's the least attractive thing about her, IMO, but I like the fact that she's very gracious with those who are working in those roles. 

• Love 20
15 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

She said “I get my help wrong”. She explained that she hired an event production crew to help her put on Leah’s dinner party weekend. 

ETA: I have been called the wrong name my entire life. Even at my high school graduation, the class president, who I’d known since we became friends in second grade, called me by the wrong first name when it was my turn to cross the stage. And I have a very simple, common first name. I have no idea why to this day people can’t get my name straight, but I guess people are just like that. Somebody at work just did it two weeks ago. Ramona didn’t go Hilly Holbrook on us. She’s just Ramona. Her mannerisms, like the talking over and not remembering names/faces somewhat align with ADD. 

Is it really ADD or that she's a "Karen "?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Teriacky said:

I find it interesting that Ramona, Sonja and (of course) LuAnn who were all NOT to the manner born can act so snobby and entitled. They sure as hell didn’t grow up in luxury. You would think they’d have some empathy for “the help” and Sonja’s “interns” who for the post part are more educated than she is. 

Well Done Applause GIF by MOODMAN

Thank you! The ones who grew up in modest homes and had humble beginnings seem to be the most entitled, arrogant, unempathetic phonies on this show. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Sonja is so delusional. She really re-writes history and think nobody will remember the truth. She cheated on old man Morgan, took off on yachts overseas and fucked and drank her way through his money. Even Dorinda screamed in her face about it during one of her drunk rages. Morgan got sick of her shit and kicked her out. There was no decision on the table to be made of whether she should stay or leave. Get over  yourself, Sonja. She's pushing 60 and still broke. She's panicking.  

Leah really has it out for Ramona this season. As I mentioned upthread she was nasty on WWHL the other night. She said Ramona was drunk during filming the entire season. What a crappy thing to say about your cast mate. I think Leah resents being sober. Andy Cohen loves Leah so regrettably she is here to stay. 

All true about Sonja...but I think old man Morgan cheated on her too. Nothing was more pathetic than seeing Sonja laying on a couch sobbing about her failed marriage...good grief, that's been over for years! And that "healing" lady was too funny...she must be laughing all the way to the bank to cash her check. All she had to do was bang a gong over Sonja and say some kind of gibberish and she probably got four figures for it. bbc two bang GIF by BBC

• Love 11
2 hours ago, lamujerdecente said:

I actually found Tins too controlled on her image, she should HAVE checked Dorinda long ago and I don't think it was fear of crazy ass Doris but that she keeps her image controlled.

Does anyone with a mug shot really keep their image controlled though?   How about dropping to the floor at the feet of your boyfriend when he shows up unexpectedly?  Just sayin'.   😀

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Lu can definitely be snobby but I agree with kassa that Lu treats waiters, bartenders, etc. with a lot of courtesy. Even last night, she made sure to ask the healer's name and chatted with her a bit.  Lu's snobbiness does come out on occasion and it's the least attractive thing about her, IMO, but I like the fact that she's very gracious with those who are working in those roles. 

Well she did write a book about etiquette…

• LOL 7
2 hours ago, TeeMo said:

I think another issue with this season is that there just aren’t enough ladies. Part of the fun of this franchise is when the larger group breaks off into smaller pairs and trios and gossips about the rest. Some of the funniest moments come from the groups of 2 or 3 hanging out especially on the trips. The episodes are meant to be a mish mosh of larger group dynamics interspersed with a lunch for two people here, drinks for four here, who didn’t invite who where. I laughed when Eboni said she was surprised to be invited to Ramona’s because she was new to the group - if they hadn’t invited here it would have been just the four of them rattling around Ramona’s house. Less people also means no drama about who gets the lousy room or who has to share with who. Plus when this group of 5 splinters off, it seems to be into the same grouping every time - Leah and Eboni together and then Lu, Ramona and Sonja. It just doesn’t work. 

Let’s face it, this franchise has some issues. It needs a revamp with some newer younger women. The “elders” are boring now and predictable. I don’t know how much more we can see post menopausal women getting drunk and weeping over their ex husbands or past lives as a wife of a rich guy. It’s really rather depressing actually.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Leah really has it out for Ramona this season. As I mentioned upthread she was nasty on WWHL the other night. She said Ramona was drunk during filming the entire season. What a crappy thing to say about your cast mate. I think Leah resents being sober. Andy Cohen loves Leah so regrettably she is here to stay. 

Interesting.  I always remember that Bethenny said Ramona can drink them all under the table and still act completely fine.  Ramona seems fine to me in these episodes, and I won't be surprised if that theme continues on throughout the season.  I agree with you, there's resentment there.

3 hours ago, TomGirl said:

I like Ebonie so far, and think she’s a good addition to the show.  But I cringe every time she refers to the other women as bitches, which she does constantly.  I realize it’s just an expression she uses and isn’t meant to be an insult, but it’s like nails on a chalkboard to me!

Yup....... I don't think I'm going to ever like that.

52 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

I don't understand why Ramona let Leah dictate the theme of the party/weekend.  At all.  Get your own damn house in the Hamptons Leah.  Until then, STFU about someone who opened their home to you and your craziness; especially after all the damage she did last year.  

Hear Hear!!!

• Love 13
27 minutes ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

Well younger isn't always better. Example: Leah 

By younger I mean women that are between 35-45. How old is Leah anyway? She seems immature to me…for whatever age she is.

• Love 6

OMG Sonja saying she doesn't live in the past...ummmm that's the only time frame that Miss Sonja has ever lived in. This woman needs to get off tv and go directly to a therapist.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Otherkate said:

I am not here for RHONY: Starring Leah whateverhername is

Like, at all. Thank god for RHONJ that still feels like a show with people who may actually move in the same circles. Forcing Ramona and Lu to hang out with Leah seems really cruel and making me watch it is even worse.  Check, please.

I’m watching Jersey again too and enjoying it.  N.Y. was my favorite, but now the veterans are in the backround, and the new ones have the floor.  It doesn’t seem natural.  Sonja, LuAnn and Ramona are the stars, but it doesn’t seem that way anymore.  Leah never had a story line and I don’t believe her new one either.  To me, Ebony is still a newscaster.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

I think Lu has had that car for a few years now?

The food at Ramona’s looked delicious. Does anyone know what the rice dish was? I’m surprised the staff corrected names because when I worked in catering we were told to answer to whatever name they called us as long as it wasn’t offensive or a slur. 

Burning Man theme? She couldn’t come up with anything else? 
Leah belongs on a different show. Wasn’t there a City Girls show a while ago? She belongs on something like that. 

Maybe I’m in the minority here but I’ve always felt Ramona has more positive attributes than negative. They outweigh the weird quirks. 

Leah must know somebody on Bravo.  She brings nothing to this show.  Out of her element completely.

• Love 21

Ebonie is one of the most beautiful people I can recall on these shows. I’m not sure what her angle was with the up/down look with Sonja but I would be guilty as charged in a “wait- your face looks like that and your body is a 10 too!”  

And I thought she expressed herself so well during the healing. I’m digging her. I like her a lot so far- too bad Leah was her intro.

Leah reads so fake. I fully acknowledge Andy Cohen and team at better than this than I am but how can they not see the fake, try hard?  It is so weird. She sucks on so many levels.  She’s to me the kiss of death of reality tv- boring. 

Whereas my girl Sonja hits the pool heater exclaiming you used to be able to hit shit and it would work- yes S- yes.  This is why I love you and always will. 

Lu and Ramona will never tire to me. She gives me things like watching a rerun the other day where she was boasting of her marriage to Tom In such an an extreme way “I was married!  I should have the marital suite (alonel “ to a crash and burn divorce and arrested. And you just can’t quit Ramona- who has such a kicking body.   And brings a detached sense of self sense day one and I’m here for it. 

• Love 23
(edited)
31 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

The food at Ramona’s looked delicious.

It did indeed. I should have taken pictures and notes. 

31 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

Maybe I’m in the minority here but I’ve always felt Ramona has more positive attributes than negative. They outweigh the weird quirks. 

I have almost no problem with her behaviour on the show.  (It's her behaviour off the show I hate, but I won't get into that!)

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, Hangin Out said:

Leah must know somebody on Bravo.  She brings nothing to this show.  Out of her element completely.

She’s been trying to get famous for two decades! 

4 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

It did indeed. I should have taken pictures and notes. 

I have almost no problem with her behaviour on the show.  (It's her behaviour off the show I hate, but I won't get into that!)

Regretting that I didn’t! Will try to take notes on a rewatch. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
40 minutes ago, Hangin Out said:

Exactly.  Give me Ramoaner, Sonja, and LuLu anyday for all the reasons already mentioned.  

By the time Ramona was Leah's age she had made her first million,  married Mario, and had a baby (in that order).   Leah?   Uh, had a kid with a guy who didn't want to marry her and this year "upgraded" her closet apartment to a slightly bigger rental.   I don't get how Leah would ever run with Ramona, Sonja or Lu.   They have absolutely nothing in common.  I'm not sure that's ever happened before except with Bethenny and let's face it, Leah is no Bethenny. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 19
(edited)

Sonja has to weep over her long dead marriage at least once every season to make sure we all know she used to be a Morgan.   Pffft.   Kind of like how Lu hung onto her Countess title even after the Count split.   I don't think she dropped it until she married Tom and got arrested, lol.

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
50 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

Regretting that I didn’t! Will try to take notes on a rewatch. 

All I heard was Ramona saying "This is chicken and salmon."

So there's

1) a chicken dish
2) A salmon dish
3) An Asparagus dish
4) A rice dish
5) 2 different nuts dishes?  Maybe pistachios on one plate and cashews and almonds on the other.
6) Oh there's one I didn't identify yet.  It looks like corn.  4th picture here or last picture.

food.jpg

food2.jpg

food3.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 8.38.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 8.38.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 8.39.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 8.42.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 8.42.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 8.43.11 PM.png

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

All I heard was Ramona saying "This is chicken and salmon."

So there's

1). a chicken dish
2) A salmon dish
3) An Asparagus dish
4). A rice dish?
5) 2 different nuts dishes?  Maybe pistachios, cashews, and almonds.

I like that I saw people actually taking full plates and eating.

• Love 15
10 hours ago, lamujerdecente said:

Are you a person pf color? Because if you aren't, this is not something you will get. I too am careful with white women, I am sorry if that offends white women but I and other folks of color do that to protect our sanity.

No, I am not.  I am sorry that you have had people be rude to you.  As a woman, I can relate to people being rude (as most can), but obviously not from your POV.  I'm in the dental field and have had my share of rude, condescending and perverted comments.  A lot of times us hygienists and assistants get looked down on because we're not the doctor, and some people (especially men) only want advice from a male doctor.  Our opinion doesn't count.  Perverted as in "My filling came out.  It's in my pocket.  You can reach in for it if you want to," and "Why don't you lay down in the chair and let me sit in the chair so that I can see what you see."  Seriously, this and more has happened!

I wasn't offended by Eboni's statement, just annoyed.   It's just that a lot of people have been griping about the lack of diversity on the HWs franchise, and then Eboni comes along and she comes across as if she really doesn't care for their company, so why bother with this show?  I would be annoyed if a white person said that about a POC.   Give people a chance before assuming you're not going to get along. 

Honestly, I think she's too smart to involve herself in this shitfest.  I've seen her on the news and thought she was really good.  She wanted to give a different POV, and I thought she did a great job in doing so.  I think she's just getting Leah's version of everybody right now and she needs to wait and make her own judgment on these women.  

1 hour ago, KnoxForPres said:

Ebonie is one of the most beautiful people I can recall on these shows. I’m not sure what her angle was with the up/down look with Sonja but I would be guilty as charged in a “wait- your face looks like that and your body is a 10 too!”

I remember how Oprah did the up/down lookover with all of her guests.  It was very noticeable.  I think Sonja was just having a moment of 'Damn, she looks good!'

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Does anyone with a mug shot really keep their image controlled though?   How about dropping to the floor at the feet of your boyfriend when he shows up unexpectedly?  Just sayin'.   😀

I mentioned how desperate she was for love. Tins is a mess. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

No, I am not.  I am sorry that you have had people be rude to you.  As a woman, I can relate to people being rude (as most can), but obviously not from your POV.  I'm in the dental field and have had my share of rude, condescending and perverted comments.  A lot of times us hygienists and assistants get looked down on because we're not the doctor, and some people (especially men) only want advice from a male doctor.  Our opinion doesn't count.  Perverted as in "My filling came out.  It's in my pocket.  You can reach in for it if you want to," and "Why don't you lay down in the chair and let me sit in the chair so that I can see what you see."  Seriously, this and more has happened!

I wasn't offended by Eboni's statement, just annoyed.   It's just that a lot of people have been griping about the lack of diversity on the HWs franchise, and then Eboni comes along and she comes across as if she really doesn't care for their company, so why bother with this show?  I would be annoyed if a white person said that about a POC.   Give people a chance before assuming you're not going to get along. 

Honestly, I think she's too smart to involve herself in this shitfest.  I've seen her on the news and thought she was really good.  She wanted to give a different POV, and I thought she did a great job in doing so.  I think she's just getting Leah's version of everybody right now and she needs to wait and make her own judgment on these women.  

I remember how Oprah did the up/down lookover with all of her guests.  It was very noticeable.  I think Sonja was just having a moment of 'Damn, she looks good!'

This too. My Titi was a hygienist, I never understand folks not appreciating the workers who do such intimate things for us.

Sonia is playing the role of Samantha Jones. She dresses more like Sam Jones tho unlike Leah who dresses like Carrie Bradshaw, the drunk years when she was drinking to forget about Big. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, 65mickey said:

She is probably thinking thank God she has a job and I don't have to use any of my trust fund money to support her, YET!

Well, Sonja did say she wanted to go to a nursing home.

6 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

I don't understand why Ramona let Leah dictate the theme of the party/weekend.  At all.  Get your own damn house in the Hamptons Leah.  Until then, STFU about someone who opened their home to you and your craziness; especially after all the damage she did last year.  

Production probably figured out and executed the burning man theme.

Why has no one commented on that shirt with pasties that Ramona wore?  She really has changed from the prudish noodle she was first season.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Cosmocrush said:

Exactly.  Give me Ramoaner, Sonja, and LuLu anyday for all the reasons already mentioned.  

By the time Ramona was Leah's age she had made her first million,  married Mario, and had a baby (in that order).   Leah?   Uh, had a kid with a guy who didn't want to marry her and this year "upgraded" her closet apartment to a slightly bigger rental.   I don't get how Leah would ever run with Ramona, Sonja or Lu.   They have absolutely nothing in common.  I'm not sure that's ever happened before except with Bethenny and let's face it, Leah is no Bethenny. 

Ramona had Avery closer to 40, but...so? Why compare their life paths? Leah created a business by her mid-30s, that’s certainly an accomplishment. Ramona appreciates that about her too. 

15 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Did Luann seriously get a foot taller this year? 

Lol. She was slinking around a lot this episode. I absolutely love her longer hair. 

Edited by chewycandy
  • Love 3