Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E13: Tammy's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, aliya said:

And that, ladies and gents, is why we can't have nice things. The FDA and the drug companies have said we need to continue to social distance and mask, even after vaccination. The public document from the FDA and Pfizer, released just before the vaccine was released, says they don't know how long the vaccine will benefit people (there's a technical term here, but the TV's on and I can't think), so we have to continue to be cautious. "asymptomatic cases in combination with reduced mask-wearing and social distancing could result in significant continued transmission" Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee Meeting December 10, 2020 FDA   Stay away from me, plague carrier! 

I'm not a toucher or a hugger, and like my personal space,, so that aspect of covid is a positive for me. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Please explain...how is that dog a service dog?

That dog was sentenced to 48 months of community service living with Tammy so another dog didn't have to. 

• LOL 14
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Please explain...how is that dog a service dog?

You sweet, naive people, you can buy one of those vests online for about 50 bucks.  People do it all the time so that they can bring their dogs with them into the grocery store, etc.  The big advantage is the airplane, for people who don't want to have their pets in with the luggage.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Do you really have to sit on the same couch with her eating pancake syrup and bacon...

She's living her addiction vicariously. 

6 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I try not to rely on VOD on youtube tv. If you add it to your library and record it lets you ff. I do appreciate the big library of past seasons. I watch true crime and there's a lot in their library

I watched every season of Face Off this summer. It was great. 

3 minutes ago, CringeWatcher said:

Just wanted to say hello, pounders. I’m sitting in the dark and can’t watch...electricity out all day due to storms, but looks like I have some snark here to entertain me. 😊

Good to see you @CringeWatcher. I hope your power's restored soon! I hate being without power.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Hellga said:

My experience with Lent is that the first week is the hardest and then you adjust to a completely new diet, and then your body just accepts it.  So how come she says 'it's getting harder every day"? 

Because she isn't doing it properly.  She is obviously not following the diet so she cannot adjust to the new eating habit, because she has no new eating habit to which to adjust.  It takes me the first 2 weeks of Lent  to remember not to eat meat on Friday.  It used to be easier because we never ate meat on Fridays   when I was growing up. 

• Love 5
Just now, mk828 said:

Might we actually see a surgery scene tonight?? Don't think we've seen one yet this season. 

The 'rona is about to hit and we're going to get a huge time jump where she's just been sitting at home eating through the lockdown like everyone else did.  So, no, we won't see a surgery tonight.  

I'm happy to be wrong about this.

• LOL 4
3 minutes ago, LizzyB said:

You're funny.  "what he does." 

Some dogs can sniff out low blood sugar in diabetics and things like, so it's not outside the realm of possibility that it's a legit service dog. Can't tell who it's even there for, mom and daughter have both had the leash. (I thought the daughter said something about being sick earlier but I don't know with what.) Who knows... But they didn't bring her to the first appointment, did they?

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I need to start snorting rails of coke and drinking some venti espressos before watching any more of these episodes. They just plod along with the low energy of a Poundticipant at a salad bar.

Next stop, Intervention.  We love you like crazy and we're afraid we're losing you. . . 

• LOL 5
1 minute ago, Twopper said:

Because she isn't doing it properly.  She is obviously not following the diet so she cannot adjust to the new eating habit, because she has no new eating habit to which to adjust.  It takes me the first 2 weeks of Lent  to remember not to eat meat on Friday.  It used to be easier because we never ate meat on Fridays   when I was growing up. 

You Westerners have it so easy.  🙂   I had my roast duck with duck-fat home fries on Sunday and the next meat I will have will be my Easter lunch on May 2. 

• Love 1

Whether you're a blubber or whether you're a tubber
You're snarkin' alive, snarkin' alive
Feel the diet breakin' and the whole floor is shakin'
And we're snarkin' alive, snarkin' alive
Ah, ha, ha, ha, snarkin' alive, snarkin' alive

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Wow.  it is nearly 9.

Dr. Now has either stepped up his game with his initial appointment or else TLC has been editing out a lot in previous episodes.  It seemed pretty thorough this time.  And she seemed to understand, but we have been fooled before---at least, I have.

I think he's always talked about the diet, but maybe the producers thought it was repetitive and cut it out. However, this caused people who were watching to wonder why he didn't talk about the diet. Obesees could swear he never told them what to eat and the audience wouldn't know any better. This way, it's on the friggin' film. I'm sure he always gave them the book or the stapled papers that we've seen. Some people like to lie as much as they like KFC.  He has a 'Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence.'  There are rules.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I really should pay attention more. 

Well, when I first saw the fluffy one she was at the bottom of the frame seen sort of from behind/above and I wasn't sure if it was a dog or a floofy cat.

4 minutes ago, Twopper said:

You just know she's allowing herself "cheat days" every weekend. 

1 minute ago, poeticlicensed said:

Just cutting out one thing would cause her to lose 40 pounds in 4 munts. Not a huge accomplishment

And putting down her fork between bites. Slow down, woman! Chew your food/1

• Love 3

When she says her body isn’t responding, she may not be lying. I watched a Nova program the other night called “The Truth About Fat,” which had a lot of scientific explanations for why losing weight is so hard and sometimes impossible. It’s worth an hour of your time. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, LizzyB said:

You sweet, naive people, you can buy one of those vests online for about 50 bucks.  People do it all the time so that they can bring their dogs with them into the grocery store, etc.  The big advantage is the airplane, for people who don't want to have their pets in with the luggage.

And they get away with it because apparently no one is allowed to request to be shown the actual paperwork certifying that the dog is indeed an actual service animal.  I saw a "service, poodle" eat off people's plates at a formal dinner at a banquet hall once.  

Whoa did I miss something?  Why's she getting surgery scheduled after a lousy 24 lb weight loss?  Is Dr Now going senile?  One bathroom trip and now I'm lost.

• Love 2

This show really needs to be an hour unless they do surgery at 9. Remember the old days when it was pre surgery for the first hour and post surgery for the second. Now we have the slow roll of all pre surgery. Its like watching bread rise. 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, ShoePrincess said:

When she says her body isn’t responding, she may not be lying. I watched a Nova program the other night called “The Truth About Fat,” which had a lot of scientific explanations for why losing weight is so hard and sometimes impossible. It’s worth an hour of your time. 

I thought that was a really good program, too.

• Love 1

That Chewy dog toy that looks like a stack of toaster waffles wouldn't last two second's at Tammy's house.

Dis.+ commercials suck.

Look at Mama's onesie tonight!      You can tell it's Mom's dog, the leash matches Mom's outfit.  Mom also said it's her therapy dog, no special access for them, unless they're certified, and doing actual therapy. 

Dr. Paradise will have a tough case with this one. Why is she so stuck on the baby daddy?   He had dumped her for another woman already.   I'm betting that the other woman was there first, and Tammy was the side piece, and found out about his three kids with Tammy, and then took him out.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
49 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

She's already got a sandwich in her while still in the driveway!!!! 😱😱😱. That's got to be a record.

Nothing beats our friend and inspiration Schenee, sitting in the car eating tacos whilst complaining that it was taking too long for other people to pack her crap and get moving. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4