Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E05: Polygamists in a Pandemic

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I am so jaded, I immediately thought - of course, King Sol is compromised.  Therefore, much like Meri divorcing Kody "for the kids," Kody should not venture outside of Robyn's invisible electric fence for the duration of the pandemic "for the kids."  Now, mind you, when Robyn says "for the kids," she ALWAYS means Sol and Ariableeobla.  Not those other scraggly needy humans that also unfortunately have to call Kody "dad."  

And I'm sorry - Kody.  Sitting there in a room full of women and lecturing them on the proper number of squares of TP per visit?  Just NO.  Back away slowly from your seat at the head of the room and quietly exit stage left.  Without going into detail, that is one area he should definitely not venture into.  In fact, when Truely was hesitating and saying, "but what about...." I thought she was going in another direction.  But for real, unless Kody wants a few knick-knacks upside the head, he needs to shut his piehole about things he knows nothing about, despite having four wives and 10 daughters.

Kootie actually has 11 daughters.  Spot on, everythingk else!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

So Mariah is keeping silent if she dropped out/graduated. Interesting.

In the Mar 7th episode she announced that she & Audj were moving back to SLC (>500 miles from Flagstaff) to be closer to family and said she was transferring her credits to "the U".  That keeps it nebulous since whichever U she is talking about would have to accept her into grad school.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

Does anyone know what university in Utah she would be attending to get her masters in social work?

There is a MSW program at the University of Utah.  But Mariah would have to be accepted into grad school there. She could be doing a University of Phoenix or online degree or nothing.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

Does anyone know what university in Utah she would be attending to get her masters in social work?

I’m assuming The University of Utah.

Here’s a list:

EBABD236-A453-42D1-A796-EDBCE4E606C2.jpeg

Just a reminder, from January 15:

6A308AC6-2ECB-4E4A-915B-3626CF989B4A.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4

Show brought back very unpleasant memories of March 2020. There was so much misinformation and fear then. I don't blame Mary wanting to get Mariah and Audrey closer to home, there really was a sense of panic then. What a spread Christine made. I'd eat breakfast at her house for sure. 

• Love 10

Anyone else catch what Robyn said?  She said she had pneumonia once and Sol had RSV and those two things make them high risk. 
Uh, I had pneumonia every year as a kid and several times as an adult.  I’m pretty certain that doesn’t make me high risk.  I mean, I work retail and have since the pandemic began, and I haven’t caught it. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 15

Just now watching.  Can I just say that I hate Meri's ugly (no doubt LLNo) camo shirt?  She wears it like it's her favorite.  It figures.

I agree with whomever said that this season is an attempt to get watchers to not despise Robyn (think it was @Joan of Argh?)  I hate to break it to them, but it's not working.  Showing Robyn in her vehicle, then showing Kootie riding shotgun, and we're not supposed to figure out that those two have been shacked up together for at least the last year?  Sure.

• Love 14
53 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I’m assuming The University of Utah.

Here’s a list:

EBABD236-A453-42D1-A796-EDBCE4E606C2.jpeg

Just a reminder, from January 15:

6A308AC6-2ECB-4E4A-915B-3626CF989B4A.jpeg

No reference to her amazing marriage? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I shudder to think how much of Meri's money she wasted or how much student debt Mariah is in for a degree that she did not finish at Loyola. And if she really did finish her MSW and received that degree she and Meri would have been bragging about it.  Transferring graduate degree credits from one University to another is not nearly as easy as undergraduate credits. Unless Mariah starts posting on instagram or tweeting that she in enrolled in a MSW program at a university in Utah I don't believe she is. She is a lot of talk and not much action. 

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I shudder to think how much of Meri's money she wasted or how much student debt Mariah is in for a degree that she did not finish at Loyola. And if she really did finish her MSW and received that degree she and Meri would have been bragging about it.  Transferring graduate degree credits from one University to another is not nearly as easy as undergraduate credits. Unless Mariah starts posting on instagram or tweeting that she in enrolled in a MSW program at a university in Utah I don't believe she is. She is a lot of talk and not much action. 

There was some social media evidence, I think in the late summer, that Mariah was working at a Salt Lake non-profit for disadvantaged kids as a program director. That could be why she no longer posts on Instagram. It wouldn't be a high-paying job but it's something.

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Anyone else catch what Robyn said?  She said she had pneumonia once and Sol had RSV and those two things make them high risk. 
Uh, I had pneumonia every year as a kid and several times as an adult.  I’m pretty certain that doesn’t make me high risk.  I mean, I work retail and have since the pandemic began, and I haven’t caught it. 

A very recent pneumonia might cause susceptible lung tissue. That Sol was ALMOST admitted 6 years ago is really stretching increased risk. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10

I just couldn't stop focusing on all the wive's mansions.  They are temporary houses.  What's wrong with having say a moderate $200,000 home? (Btw, that would be a mansion for me).   Especially Meri.   She was living alone til her daughter and partner came.  She really needs a fine house like that?   These people are spoiled rotten.

• Love 14
20 hours ago, endure said:

Kody giving the family a primer on toilet paper use during the pandemic was ridiculous but I found it hilarious how seriously he takes his self importance, even his plunging duties.... and I guess we now know what his job is lol.  He did not appreciate the fact that Christine does the plunging in his absence haha.  He is out of control.

I suppose over the years with all those little kids he may well have done a lot of plunging,  I was watching an old episode when they are in the rentals in LV.   Janelle is trying to get her older kids off to school.  She and they leave the house together so I guess she is driving them to school as she isn't working.  As she leaves she gives Gabe the task of waking up Savannah.  He cannot get her out of bed so he threatens to dunk one of the dolls in the toilet if she stays in bed.   She stays in bed, and he proceeds to dunk the doll in the toilet bowl.  The doll was much too large too flush, but I can see some of the kids getting angry with someone and flushing a small toy car or some other smaller object as well as just using too much toilet paper.   I have never had a septic system, but I have heard they clog easier.  I am not sure that is true, and I am not sure if they were on the city system or had septic tanks. 

6 hours ago, Boston said:

According to Janelle (der) it is "benign" melanoma.. whatever that is.. I worked in the medical field for 25 yrs.. never heardof that one.  Janelle's best bet is to 'fake' Covid.. yuk, who would want that creepy curly freak in their house

If I recall correctly, which I doubt, I think it was either a squamous cell or basal cell skin cancer.  I don't think it was melanoma, but I don't want to look thru the post in her thread to find out.  Melanoma, by definition, isn't benign.   Oops, my bad.  I saw a definition of melanoma, benign and it is a type of mole.

Edited by Twopper
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

I agree with whomever said that this season is an attempt to get watchers to not despise Robyn (think it was @Joan of Argh?)  I hate to break it to them, but it's not working.

well, so far I don't see this as a redemption arc for any of them, especially Robyn.  

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Count your blessings - it's not a pleasant task. I'm a feminist but I'm happy to label that task as a "boy chore" for all eternity. Maybe they have really low water pressure or lots of low flow toilets (popular in new builds)? Between that and kids who tend to use too much toilet paper, you could plunge toilets pretty often.

I live in an old house with thin walls and it's not particularly large. All three of us go to the car for private calls (obviously not at the same time). I'm not saying that's what Robyn was doing but during COVID, it's actually not a bad solution.

Ugh, I've lived in so many old places with antiquated plumbing that I swear I have PTTD (posttraumatic toilet disorder).  I hold my fucking breath every time I have to flush a toilet for fear of it back-flushing and needing to grab a plunger just in case.  I can relate to Kody's situation (for probably the first and only time ever).  

It's no way to live.  #FirstWorldProblems  😭

20 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I really think if she had graduated, everyone would have heard about it.

Oh, hell, there would have been an entire two-hour episode about it.  🤢

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, LAMMA said:

Also audrey and mariah sure love to pack on the PDA huh? They are super touchy feely I noticed during the wedding venue episode.

Where is that puke icon?  

I'll settle for this one 🤢

I strongly dislike any PDAs for pretty much anyone, but, because my dislike for Mariah is so deeply imbedded into my very soul, I find her and Audrey's PDAs all the much more gag inducing.  

I've loathed her ever since her Christmas tantrum when their LV house was the only one not moved into.  She behaved like a toddler and that behavior really stuck with me.  Blech.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 15

Should this be moved to the Mariah thread?

Mariah said that she'll finish the semester and then transfer her "social work degree" to "the U."  Before Sunday's episode, they were planning to move to Utah "this summer." 

Loyola says that a student can earn both degrees in as little as 3 years full-time.  From the sample curriculum, it looks like the majority of the first year courses were toward the MA in Social Justice from Loyola's Institute of Pastoral Studies.  At the end of the 2nd year, though, the curriculum does not show the completion of the MA, so it suggests that a student completes both graduate degrees at the end of the 3rd year, rather than sequentially. 

I would have expected Mariah or Meri to brag if Mariah had completed the MASJ , but nobody reported anything. After looking at the sample curriculum, I agree with others that Mariah did not return or make it to Year 2 of the joint degree program.  The sample curriculum aligns with Mariah's social media rants for the first year and first summer of the program.  Year 2 appears more boots-on-the-ground social work topics, and Mariah went radio-silent. 

If it weren't already obvious that I haven't studied social work myself, I'll prove it with my harsh judgment and intolerance for these grifters: Mariah wasted a year of time and tuition and abandoned the more specialized degree that seemed to be her primary pursuit.  She will take longer to earn an MSW from a possibly less prestigious program, if she actually pursues it.  I'm not sure that Mariah became educated in the abstract or through experience.  Meri was the one who lamented that she herself was not so fortunate to have those opportunities.  Mariah was unappreciative beyond an expected immaturity.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
16 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I have never had a septic system, but I have heard they clog easier.  I am not sure that is true, and I am not sure if they were on the city system or had septic tanks. 

For a short time in the late 90s, I owned a house with a septic tank. It was a PITA (no pun intended). We had to have a tree removed because the root system was compromising the tank. The tanks also have to be dredged every 3 years or so (more often, depending on how many people are using the plumbing). If they don't get dredged, the sewage can leak into the soil. Furthermore, if you want to expand your house and add additional bathroom(s), you have to get permission from local authorities, because it could mean getting a bigger tank, which based on zoning might not be allowed. I'm pretty sure that's true everywhere. 

Where the Browns lived in Las Vegas was 100% definitely on the public sewer and water system. I don't live in Las Vegas, but I know the city very well.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

For a short time in the late 90s, I owned a house with a septic tank. It was a PITA (no pun intended). We had to have a tree removed because the root system was compromising the tank. The tanks also have to be dredged every 3 years or so (more often, depending on how many people are using the plumbing). If they don't get dredged, the sewage can leak into the soil. Furthermore, if you want to expand your house and add additional bathroom(s), you have to get permission from local authorities, because it could mean getting a bigger tank, which based on zoning might not be allowed. I'm pretty sure that's true everywhere. 

Where the Browns lived in Las Vegas was 100% definitely on the public sewer and water system. I don't live in Las Vegas, but I know the city very well.

So imagine their actually living in the trees in Prairie Dog Plague Pond Flats.  The oversized Plyg Palace would be impossible.  Even their individual homes would be unsupportable, since we now know or can imagine too much about their bathroom habits.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Let me start by saying I can’t stand any of these dolts. 

I did find it cute and amusing when they were on their Brady Bunch type phone call, everybody was oh so concerned about poor Cody and visitation- and here’s Meri like “yeah yeah whatever “  just petting her cute dog sleeping  on her lap. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

So imagine their actually living in the trees in Prairie Dog Plague Pond Flats.  The oversized Plyg Palace would be impossible.  Even their individual homes would be unsupportable, since we now know or can imagine too much about their bathroom habits.

They would have to run sewer lines (if those are even available out there) along with running power and cable, creating driveways, drilling wells. The mind boggles.

ETA Also, the lots would likely have to be graded. The presence of the ditch suggests water is running down from somewhere, which may affect the placement of a dwelling. This is just such a large engineering project in all respects.

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, BucFan said:

I did find it cute and amusing when they were on their Brady Bunch type phone call, everybody was oh so concerned about poor Cody and visitation- and here’s Meri like “yeah yeah whatever “  just petting her cute dog sleeping  on her lap. 

Mosby was the cutest part of the episode

• Love 12
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

So Meri thinks Mariah completed her Master's degree?

She said watched her kid finish college, did she mean her kid was finished with college?  Odd that she wasn't in full proud mama mode announcing what degree she held and what her future plans are.  And, isn't Loyola a university rather than a college?  It's all very vague.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, suev3333 said:

I just couldn't stop focusing on all the wive's mansions.  They are temporary houses.  What's wrong with having say a moderate $200,000 home? (Btw, that would be a mansion for me).   Especially Meri.   She was living alone til her daughter and partner came.  She really needs a fine house like that?   These people are spoiled rotten.

This is basically a repetition of what they did in LV.  I was  binge-watching some older episodes, and they had very nice rentals before moving into the cul-de-sac.  Meri and Janelle both had in-ground pools.  I think maybe the cul-de-sac homes had more square footage, but I actually liked the rentals better.   During Christmas they rented a 10 bedroom house somewhere in the LV area, and they packed up the Christmas presents and moved in for several day.  It had tennis courts and a pool.   It is unfortunate that Kody didn't rent it instead of the four rentals he did get.  It probably wasn't available and sounds more like a destination airbnb than something available for rent.  It probably wouldn't have worked without 4 master bedrooms for the wives.

I guess they thought they won the lottery when they started getting multiple seasons.  Robyn mentioned she needed a craft room.  Meri had to have a craft room and the WET BAR.   Speaking of craft rooms,  there is a scene in the Lehi house where a cat is helping Meri sew.

Janelle is the only sensible one with a basic ranch.   It may be that she has the least income, because she isn't as successful at shilling as Meri or Christine, but she is still forking out $36k in rent, and therefore not building up equity.  I think Meri's rent is close to 5k per month plus she had a mortgage on her b&b.   We know they gave enough crumbs to Robyn for the McMansion that she didn't want because it wasn't a rental.  

The "adults' in  this show are a bunch of morons.

Edited by Twopper
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
29 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

She said watched her kid finish college, did she mean her kid was finished with college?  Odd that she wasn't in full proud mama mode announcing what degree she held and what her future plans are.  And, isn't Loyola a university rather than a college?  It's all very vague.

Meri said "I've watched my kid grow up and finish college, both undergraduate and masters".  "My kid" implies she wasn't talking about Logan who did complete his Masters degree.  Loyola is a University, probably because of its Biology & RN graduate programs, but many people think of liberal arts degrees as coming from colleges.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
19 minutes ago, lamadeleine said:

Oh, that's who that was. I saw the picture and initially thought, "Why is there a portrait of Kenny Loggins in Christine's house?"

It did look more like Kenny Loggins, with shorter hair than the usual Mormon Jesus:

image.png.5b339ca2918fa13e6ec4a54901276ad6.png

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 19
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, jennyf said:

When Kody said he didn’t want to “point fingers” at which wives weren’t taking Covid precautions seriously, who was he talking about?  

Probably Christine, who took the kids on vacation to NC and also to the east coast a second time to visit her sister and get Ysabel her scoliosis surgery.

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Probably Christine, who took the kids on vacation to NC and also to the east coast a second time to visit her sister and get Ysabel her scoliosis surgery.

I can certainly forgive her the trip for Ysabel's surgery that was absolutely necessary. The sister? maybe she was staying there while Ysabel was in hospital... NC trip don't know... But Meri was all over the place too, B&B and Flag and where ever else she flaunted off to.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, LAMMA said:

Also audrey and mariah sure love to pack on the PDA huh? They are super touchy feely I noticed during the wedding venue episode.

I think it’s a nice contrast to Kody treating his “wives” like crap.

so sick of the flashbacks of him yelling at Meri about how he tried to give her this building site, then that site. He gave her? Like he’s the sole breadwinner? I don’t think so. What a patriarchal douche. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

She said watched her kid finish college, did she mean her kid was finished with college

you forgot in include "both undergrad and masters" (Jan 15 2021)

Yet we saw chipper Mariah, plopped on Meri's Flagstaff couch, announce her plans to transfer her Loyola credits to Utah. (Mar 14, 2021) And the crowd cheered with glee.

Why oh why do these people say and put shit in writing that is so easily contradictory to previous behavior and pronouncements.

Dear Santa, I've been very good last year staying isolated, social distancing, wearing a friggin mask, stress eating and drinking carbs like its my last meal. All I wanted was a thread to post all the Inconsistencies of my new BFF's the Kody Brown fambly. I don't have the maturity to tell them in person, afraid they will all go passive/aggressive on me and force me to wear Lularoe out in public. Oh well, I'll continue to keep the growing list in my head and random post notes around the four walls I've been sentenced to live in. Oh hey, how Brown of me! I was only thinking of myself. You've been isolated too!! Hope to see you next year, if we ever get our life back. Your brain dead friend, itsadryheat

Edited by itsadryheat
  • LOL 10
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Ugh, I've lived in so many old places with antiquated plumbing that I swear I have PTTD (posttraumatic toilet disorder).  I hold my fucking breath every time I have to flush a toilet for fear of it back-flushing and needing to grab a plunger just in case.  I can relate to Kody's situation (for probably the first and only time ever).  

It's no way to live.  #FirstWorldProblems  😭

Oh, hell, there would have been an entire two-hour episode about it.  🤢

Our last few homes have been on septic. I too have flush PTSD. I had a hysterectomy years ago but I will never forget a landlord warning me to not flush tampons.  Ugh.  

• Love 6

Septic here too and very little paper goes down. It is just me so not too much... Old CA days of water shortage, "If it's brown, flush it down, if it's yellow let it mellow"  Paper-wise yellow in trash, brown flush it... I know TMI...but septics are tempernmental.

Edited by Gramto6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Septic here too and very little paper goes down. It is just me so not too much... Old CA days of water shortage, "If it's brown, flush it down, if it's yellow let it mellow"  Paper-wise yellow in trash, brown flush it... I know TMI...but septics are tempernmental. And very expensive to repair/replace.

• Love 1

Well this show got boring again, and I've only been back  for five episodes.  I watch shows to escape the constant inundation about Covid but I had to realize these reality shows would be making us relive it from the beginning.  Ugh.  Looks like next week is more of the same.

• Love 7