Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E05: Polygamists in a Pandemic

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

I watched all of WEEDS and don't get the reference. Help me out. I really did like that show too.

1st season. Uncle Andy had a buttload of them, misspelled. Shane wore one to school, then got busted for selling then out the back of the van. When the principal came out, Andy ran.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Art Of Noiz said:

1st season. Uncle Andy had a buttload of them, misspelled. Shane wore one to school, then got busted for selling then out the back of the van. When the principal came out, Andy ran.

Thanks, still don't remember it, (did I say COL here?) maybe need to find a rewatch. It was a fun show mostly.

Ah, looked it up on IMDB and I do remember it now! Thanks! I think I need to find it somewhere to rewatch...

Edited by Gramto6
  • Love 2
On 3/15/2021 at 8:28 PM, Teafortwo said:

They would have to run sewer lines (if those are even available out there) along with running power and cable, creating driveways, drilling wells. The mind boggles.

ETA Also, the lots would likely have to be graded. The presence of the ditch suggests water is running down from somewhere, which may affect the placement of a dwelling. This is just such a large engineering project in all respects.

And don't forget, Kody mentioned wanting to build SEVEN houses...ALL AT ONCE.

That's absolutely Matt Rolloff- worthy in scope. And insanity.

• LOL 12
  • Love 6

Looking at Kody's hair,  I think it is a failed imitation of the look that Madison had in an earlier season.  I just saw the one where they were on vacay with the Dargers in  California, and Madison was blonde with ringlets.   I liked her better back then, but I have never cared for Kody. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Thanks, still don't remember it, (did I say COL here?) maybe need to find a rewatch. It was a fun show mostly.

Ah, looked it up on IMDB and I do remember it now! Thanks! I think I need to find it somewhere to rewatch...

Yes, do! The PTA had an emergency meeting about Chris on a cross. Lol.

• Love 1

Moderator Announcement:

Friendly reminder to keep the episode threads centered on the events of the actual episode. Funny jokes and asides about the cast can go in their individual threads or the General Show Discussion thread.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, ladle said:

I rilly am not a fan of Robyn’s but I will begrudgingly admit that she did a nice job of explaining the purpose of social distancing.

I haven’t watched in years but lurked here last season and tried to watch this season. Only took one show to see nothing has changed except Christine’s jealousy has gotten worse. I suspect Robyn is driving home the social distancing to justify Krudy staying put at her place. Not that he needs his arm twisted. 

• Love 11

I thought this was a pretty interesting episode, mainly for the reminder of how confused and discombobulated we all were when Covid was a brand new thing.  (Seems like a million years ago.)

Meri says, "Nothing else matters because I HAVE MOM INSTINCTS so I'm going to book a flight to Chicago.'

Janelle says, "Nothing else matters because I go BONKERS when stuck at home so I have to go out and go grocery shopping."

Uh huh.  There was a lot of that going around.  Then we all learned a heavy lesson in subjugating our personal preferences to a global pandemic.

#################

Completely unrelated to any pandemic, Kody Brown has to be one of the least self-aware people in the world.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, candall said:

Completely unrelated to any pandemic, Kody Brown has to be one of the least self-aware people in the world.

But...But...he’s the only one who acts like an adult!!! 🤪

8 hours ago, LeahFrancis said:

I haven’t watched in years but lurked here last season and tried to watch this season. Only took one show to see nothing has changed except Christine’s jealousy has gotten worse. I suspect Robyn is driving home the social distancing to justify Krudy staying put at her place. Not that he needs his arm twisted. 

Oh I’m sure it was completely self-serving but I was still impressed that she was able to explain the reality of the need for social distancing (hospital overcrowding etc.) in a vaguely intelligent way. Granted, my bar for “intelligent” on this show is set at “murderous toasters” and “Kody.”

• Useful 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, candall said:

I thought this was a pretty interesting episode, mainly for the reminder of how confused and discombobulated we all were when Covid was a brand new thing.  (Seems like a million years ago.)

Meri says, "Nothing else matters because I HAVE MOM INSTINCTS so I'm going to book a flight to Chicago.'

Janelle says, "Nothing else matters because I go BONKERS when stuck at home so I have to go out and go grocery shopping."

Uh huh.  There was a lot of that going around.  Then we all learned a heavy lesson in subjugating our personal preferences.

So true. Mixed messages re masking, hoarding of supplies, all kinds of rumors re spreading. I can absolutely forgive the famibly confusion, we were all confused. And there needed to be a discussion where Kody could and couldn't roam. I needed to go out, and guess what I did? Lots of long walks and bike rides. Guess that isn't a preferred activity for Janelle.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, candall said:

Janelle also says she has a big stash of TP she orders by the case because she hates to go shopping.

Edited by suomi
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4

It’s weird because if you had asked me which wife I thought would be the most reasonable / cautious / abiding of public health guidelines, I would have placed money on Jenelle. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, suomi said:

Janelle also says she has a big stash of TP she orders by the case because she hates to go shopping.

Plus, we can't forget about her 'digestive issues.'

1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

I still think Janelle’s bonkers line about the grocery store really meant I still go out to get fast food.

Absolutely!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I think Meri is only there until the show ends.  She her own money, she has a business, and she will go on her own.  Gosh I wish these women would get some back bone and leave him.

On 3/13/2021 at 9:21 AM, Scarlett45 said:

Air date: March 14, 2021

Ick on the tp.

• Love 1
On 3/18/2021 at 10:47 AM, Twopper said:

Looking at Kody's hair,  I think it is a failed imitation of the look that Madison had in an earlier season.  I just saw the one where they were on vacay with the Dargers in  California, and Madison was blonde with ringlets.   I liked her better back then, but I have never cared for Kody. 

Me either.  He's a overbearing jackass.

• Love 4

If they had all stayed in Vegas, they would all be fine. It was the perfect set up for the pandemic and a large group of families. They had their own little compound. But I think Cody thought that this would be a great story line..... He was wrong. Why he thought these 4 women would want to live in one big house, I will never understand.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, antfitz said:

Why he thought these 4 women would want to live in one big house, I will never understand.

Well, in the first or second season, Christine was absolutely giddy about everyone in one house.   It worked for Kody because he didn't have to run/drive from house to house.  It worked well most of the time for the kids who could play together plus the house in Lehi had a large back yard and was close to a park. I think he could have sold the wives on the idea if they had found a large enough place immediately when they moved to LV.  I thought the place they rented for that first Christmas would have worked for them with minor alterations, but I doubt they could've afforded it then.  Once most of the kids have flown the nest, there is no point to it for anyone but him.   And it isn't like most of these kids are going to want to return every holiday to be together.  Not sure if Logan is still in Seattle, but Maddie is in NC, and a bunch are ending up in the  SLC area or St George.  Hunter is starting a career in the Air Force and will be moving around.   Maybe if they had never ever left Lehi, most of the kids would have married and settled in the area, but that doesn't seem to be likely in Flagstaff.

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Well, in the first or second season, Christine was absolutely giddy about everyone in one house.   It worked for Kody because he didn't have to run/drive from house to house.  It worked well most of the time for the kids who could play together plus the house in Lehi had a large back yard and was close to a park. I think he could have sold the wives on the idea if they had found a large enough place immediately when they moved to LV.  I thought the place they rented for that first Christmas would have worked for them with minor alterations, but I doubt they could've afforded it then.  Once most of the kids have flown the nest, there is no point to it for anyone but him.   And it isn't like most of these kids are going to want to return every holiday to be together.  Not sure if Logan is still in Seattle, but Maddie is in NC, and a bunch are ending up in the  SLC area or St George.  Hunter is starting a career in the Air Force and will be moving around.   Maybe if they had never ever left Lehi, most of the kids would have married and settled in the area, but that doesn't seem to be likely in Flagstaff.

Yes- the one house idea worked well when they had many small children (10-12yrs ago), but that this point 3 years from now the only minors at home will be Truely, Solomon and Ariela (spelling). If they lived in another part of the country I would suggest a 4 unit building with a large backyard/courtyard, parking, so that if an adult child or two wanted to come visit there would be an extra bedroom. 

With pure scheduling logistics and the work schedules of partners/spouses, I don’t know the next time all the kids (or even half) will be home for the holidays. Likely Janelle and Christine will rotate with whom they spend the holidays based on who wants to host and what’s going on, Meri will take herself where ever Mariah is (I could see her doing a lot of trips at Christmas when the pandemic is over) and Kody will be with Robin  

This one house idea I think is mostly for the show and I do think Kody is stressed out going from place to place like he was right when they moved to LV- but there were more younger kids then.

• Love 4

I don't believe he's going from house to house at all...unless the cameras happen to be there. This -to me- would also explain how frazzled he is with it,(besides his normal OTT 'I'm so busy' blustering), he's not used to it; there hasn't been an established, well-worn routine.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7