Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: Shannon's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

(edited)
5 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

She doesn’t colour anymore you guys

She can color...she is full of shit...if she can brush her hair🤷🏽‍♀️

Now it may be kindergarten quality, but who is judging?!

Edited by umgoblue
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I don't get the sadness of her sad story, sorry.  Parents divorced, dad worked in fast food so I started eating fast food?  I get people with real trauma, she was just a boring person who had nothing more interesting than food to fill her time.

• Love 7
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

I’m finally sleeping again you guys. Good news is my dad was moved from the critical care hospital to a weaning facility. The bad news is because they no longer think he is dying I am no longer allowed to visit.

I'm so glad to hear that he's recovering! Thank goodness, it must be a load off your mind! 

• Love 6

YO.

Those butt wings. 

I can't. 

Also, it appears Shannon has a crazy eye. Which, all things considered, least of her problems.

3 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I wonder if at that weight the alcohol just doesn't do much...

Alcohol is not metabolized into calories.   But a) alcohol impairs judgement in terms of what you have with it and b) if you are drinking wine or beer vs. spirits, there are sugars in the drink. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
Just now, CringeWatcher said:

Sweet jebus that cat is fat. 

I saw that!! I thought it was a cat, but I have a huge cat (not fat just large) and know how cats move, it’s the size of a medium dog!

• Love 3

Howdy pounders!!!   I no longer have hopes for any poundticipants.

I saw Susan again this week.  She lost 153 pounds on the first try.  they need to  make everyone watch this episode before they go to Houston so they know a huge weight loss  can be done. 

• Love 7

Shannon Lowery, age 39, Tucson, AZ   it's a 16 hour drive to Dr. Now's office, so I'm guessing four days, and at least 16 drive thrus.   She stays between her hospital bed, and commode chair, and has online friends.    Her husband Simon, her father, and a few neighbors are the only people she sees in person.     I hope she has clothes, because right now the guy who blurs out poundticipants in on overtime.    Her waist lymphademas are horrible, and must be so painful.   

I may be mean, but I don't like her already.     I don't know how tall she is, but she looks like 700 lbs.  She was a huge baby.   Divorced parents at age 5, in many homes after parents divorced when she was five.   There were five kids in the family, and then dad and stepmom divorced, and stepmom left.     How horrible, her birth mother left her at the hospital after she was born, until a long time later.        She's blaming the dad's job at fast food for her weight gain, but she was huge even as a little kid.   100+ at 7, 250 by 13 when she ate Mom and Stepdad out of everything, so Mother severed her parental rights.    At 17 over 450.   

I thought her husband had a shirt with tattoo look sleeves, but it's actually full sleeve (is that what you call it?) on both arms.   

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Her hair is... something.  If you can hold a fork to put food in your mouth, you can hold a comb to brush your hair!  Unless her shoulder joints gave out after being burdened with her ginormous arms...

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

Alcohol is not metabolized into calories.   But a) alcohol impairs judgement in terms of what you have with it and b) if you are drinking wine or beer vs. spirits, there are sugars in the drink. 

Isn’t alcohol 7 calories per gram? Alcohol has calories. (I don’t drink alcohol but I remember this)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

She is in the middle of the LONGEST compound sentence that I have ever heard...almost a full page sentence.

And...and....but...and...prepositional phase 629...and...so...and

• LOL 7
4 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I’m finally sleeping again you guys. Good news is my dad was moved from the critical care hospital to a weaning facility. The bad news is because they no longer think he is dying I am no longer allowed to visit.

Glad to hear that.  Best wishes to him and to you!

• Love 2

I'm gonna make an admission here. I was on another board where someone mentioned that reddit used to have an 'immobile' subreddit, but they didn't know if it was still there.

I'm here to tell you that it is. Good Lord. Some of the people pictured are from MSPL, others are doing it for the money (what else are they gonna do?). I thought I had seen it all w/Dr Now's people, but no. I hadn't seen anything. I felt sorry for a lot of them, but a lot of them seem to choose what they are going and are quite famous in this little subculture. Visit at your own risk. 

• Useful 2