Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E09: Isaac's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Color me shocked that when Dr Paradise asked Isaac to tell him about himself that the first thing he didn't say was, "My mother has cancer."

Just now, Twopper said:

My bad.   He would have to take two trains to do this.   Only the Sunset Lmt goes to houston now.   I love riding the Sunset Limited, but I haven't been on it recently. 

There is something called a megabus, but I am not sure how it works.  Just seems like there should be better options than a cab.

I've taken the Megabus from Iowa City to Chicago a couple of times. It's very nice. Wi-fi. Big seats. I'd do it again, but it looks like they've moved the stop in Chicago. Looks a little sketchy. The previous stop was near the train station, so there were a lot of people.

5 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

We went total streaming a couple of years ago. Half the price of cable, way more control. 

I was going to ask how one does that, then I realized that I've been doing it for 3 years also. 

• LOL 4

OK. Time for me to judge: His mother is a terrible mother. The first thing she should have said to Isaac when he was the "first" to show up at her bedside? "Why are you here? Get your fat ass back to school." 

2 minutes ago, aliya said:

I've taken the Megabus from Iowa City to Chicago a couple of times. It's very nice. Wi-fi. Big seats. I'd do it again, but it looks like they've moved the stop in Chicago. Looks a little sketchy. The previous stop was near the train station, so there were a lot of people.

New stops just a little further south. It’s not bad. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

OK. Time for me to judge: His mother is a terrible mother. The first thing she should have said to Isaac when he was the "first" to show up at her bedside? "Why are you here? Get your fat ass back to school." 

^^^ This. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

THIS. I cannot believe her. She's reveling in the fact that Isaac has given up his whole life and future to "take care" of her. She is the worst. 

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, aliya said:

My mega bus to Buffalo crashed...I am not kidding. It was fine, he got the bus out of the ditch and continued on.  When we arrived at the depot for our ride back the bus was over an hour late and when we kept asking where the bus was we were met with a shrug. Let me tell you the Buffalo bus depot is fucking scary at night. We were going to give up and get a hotel but finally the bus arrived without explanation or apology. Never again with mega bus.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, mk828 said:

Need this to go along with my magnet!! 

YESSS! It's got "Ow! Ma leg!" on it *AND* "Nurse Grumpy." I can't stop laughing at it.

1 hour ago, Twopper said:

Howdy pounders!! how y'all doin'?  

Eating habit for Ash Wednesday was crab cakes, English peas, and sweet potatoes with butter and cinnamon. 

I have given up hoping for a success.   I well settle for the poundticipant just not being a total failure.

I'm trying to not be envious.

• Love 1

By some miracle, I was actually out of my house for most of the day (suck on that COVID—I’m immuno-compromised, so I’ve been pretty stitch at isolating) and haven’t had time to cook this pot roast I’ve had marinating for 2 fucking days. Genius me decided to cook it now so it finally be cooked. It smells fucking delicious and I’m getting hungry. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
11 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

My grandmother would call a taxi service if no one could drive her. Didn't need to very often, but the option was there.

My city's experimenting with lots of alternatives for residents. We just got a thing called "Salem Skipper" which will take people around town for $2 a ride. I haven't tried it yet but it looks awesome. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

My daughter  played in the marching band in a large university in the south. Its really physically demanding and she played the piccolo lol. The kids had to run and exercise as part of the training. No way could he hack it in his condition. 

An in the south the climate is brutal for any physical activity outside.  I refuse to be physically active when it's over 85, and generally prefer it to be under 72. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

THIS. I cannot believe her. She's reveling in the fact that Isaac has given up his whole life and future to "take care" of her. She is the worst. 

Hmm. I'm curious about this dynamic. My mother used to brag about things that she gave up for HER FAMILY. Singing, performing...she always said it like we should be ashamed that WE were not that loyal.  Seems like it's a point of pride for some people.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

My daughter  played in the marching band in a large university in the south. Its really physically demanding and she played the piccolo lol. The kids had to run and exercise as part of the training. No way could he hack it in his condition. 

I knew someone who played in Michigan's band (Go Blue!). He said it was common for kids to throw up during practices. It's not for the physically weak. Maybe he can play in a regular band; many schools have several different types of musical groups.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

An in the south the climate is brutal for any physical activity outside.  I refuse to be physically active when it's over 85, and generally prefer it to be under 72. 

It sure wasn’t a coincidence that I quit band/marching band when we moved to Georgia. 

Edited by dreadfulLeigh
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2