Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

The reunion concludes with a rollercoaster of emotions. As Craig stews over his strained friendship with Madison, newbie John finds himself continuously in the hot seat for breaking bro code.  Just as Austen finally comes to terms with his recent breakup, Madison shocks the group with the news of another budding romance.  Meanwhile, Leva and Kathryn desperately try to come to an understanding about the emoji controversy.

Yes, even more talk of bro code and monkey emojis.  Ugh, let this be the end of this terrible season.

Original air date 2021.02.04

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Craig's delivery is poor but I kind of agree about Pringle leaving his kids. It really doesn't make sense.

I still don't understand the Madison support from Leva. Kathryn is a lot of negative things but so is Madison--including all this clout chasing of professional athletes lol. I don't understand how she can justify that friendship. 

• Love 12

This is brutal. Make it stop. And yet I am watching this shit show. Kathryn must be beside herself that there is an arguably better looking, attention seeking female cast mate who has monopolized the tabloids for weeks with her celebrity hookups, both real and imaginary. Kathryn’s pregnancies, both real and imaginary, just don’t generate the same tabloid fervor. 

• Love 17

If she wasn’t thinking it before, she should be now.....Kathryn has major competition in the drama department.  Madison brings the drama and her delivery, while mean as hell, is a hell of a lot more coherent than Kathryn.  Not sure Kathryn has job security.

I’m still cracking up about “muppet mouth” from last week.  

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, Babyfoot said:

This is brutal. Make it stop. And yet I am watching this shit show. Kathryn must be beside herself that there is an arguably better looking, attention seeking female cast mate who has monopolized the tabloids for weeks with her celebrity hookups, both real and imaginary. Kathryn’s pregnancies, both real and imaginary, just don’t generate the same tabloid fervor. 

I truly, honestly don’t think Madison is all that-my opinion. I’m astounded that all these pro athletes are chasing her down. Or actually, it seems like she’s chasing them first and they know she’s easy as hell. I think Kathryn is prettier. 

Madison is also a pos. She used the hell out of Austen; I’m so glad he has finally woken up. Sometimes it’s hard to fully see when you’re IN it. As painful as it was for him to watch back, I think Shep was a good friend to make him do that. 

Why the eff did Pringle tell Madison days earlier that he’s crazy about her or whatever?  Gross. Way to inflate her ego even more. She is trash and would sleep with anyone in that room to get ahead, including Andy, lol. Pringle is a fool. And that’s not slut shaming. Madison is in a different category than a girl enjoying her sexual freedom. I think almost every move she makes is calculated. She’s just a user and having people talk about her and A-Rod & Jay Cutler was her ultimate goal. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 23

This may be naive, but I really liked how Leva and her internal bias comment was (trying to) give Kathryn some room to breathe and maybe have a position from which to dive into some introspection.

Edited by Toodleoo
  • Love 23
3 minutes ago, Sage47 said:

I truly, honestly don’t think Madison is all that-my opinion. I’m astounded that all these pro athletes are chasing her down. 

She has a great bod and clearly works hard for it, but there are literally thousands of women on IG who work as hard and look just as good or better, and aren’t mean as snakes. I’m with ya.

• Love 19
Just now, Kiss my mutt said:

Working hard ie mommy makeover. I actually don’t think her body is anything extraordinary, though the best on this show. 

I’m just recognizing that surgery only goes so far....from my pandemically-grown ass, perched on my pandemic couch 😂

• LOL 10
  • Love 6

Did they shame Chelsea for being a hairdresser? I can’t remember. 

6 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

Madison is just plain old mean, but I hate it when I see or hear Austin/Craig mock her for being a hair stylist.  To me that just reeks of bullshit classism.  

• Useful 1

Jeebus, Craig needed a nap in the middle there or something. He was way over the top.

I feel so torn because, on the one hand, I can’t stand Madison and her inflated ego.  But, on the other hand, I love watching her just verbally smack the crap out of Craig and Austen and oh yeah you too Shep if you wanna stick your toe in the waters.

Interesting that Leva got not only the last word in the “what have you learned” game, but the final toast.  Andy really wants to make her happen.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, AttackTurtle said:

Madison is just plain old mean, but I hate it when I see or hear Austin/Craig mock her for being a hair stylist.  To me that just reeks of bullshit classism.  

I laughed out loud when Craig said “You rent a chair in a salon.” Nothing wrong with that, it’s a good job with good income potential, but because she keeps saying she is “building an empire”. I thought she owned her own salon or at least was a business partner. So I’m thinking her “empire” is going to be clinging to her role as a Bravolebrity until she can hook a rich guy. 

Edited by RedHawk
Missing words
  • Useful 1
  • Love 22

I missed the beginning of Pringle’s explanation about why he moved back to Charleston but he’s been dancing around the obvious since episode one. He needed a job, was offered a spot on the show, and took it because of the income potential. He’s not the first (divorced) parent who has to travel across the country due to work. I hope he will make enough to rent a home in Charleston for the filming season (like, 10-12 weeks?) and rent a home near his kids for the rest of the year. 

I have a feeling Bravo will give this show one more season, and yet I don’t see any potential story lines. Too much interaction during this season was about something Kathryn did off-camera in the off-season. Leva is married, and everyone else is dating or single, but their relationships that we’ve seen so far are not interesting. Like, are we going to see Shep propose next season? LOL! There’s very little left to build this show around. 

• Love 10

I didn’t know what to hate more tonight. Madison getting constantly complimented while being the bitchiest woman on the stage ( sorry Katherine,you’ve been usurped); Craig looking like he just crawled out of a homeless shelter after being given a ridiculous red jacket, totally drunk,scraggly beard and messy hair spouting the most vicious remarks against almost everyone;sad eyed Austin once again swearing it’s over when we all know if she just crooked her finger he’d be back- too bad, Austin, now that she’s established herself on the show she’s in to bigger & better things - you served your purpose. Shep seemed to end his redemption tour by insincerely becoming a woke liberal. Leva redeemed herself in my eyes because when everyone finally sht up,she could logically explain her position AND save Katherine’s reputation at the same time.  Dani, I like you but youare too  sincere and normal for this show. Pringle, you didn’t exactly explain yourself very well - wish you had just broken the fourth wall and say, “I can’t get intoshow business out on the Coast, but there’s a job in my old hometown that I might be able to get.”  Otherwise, he just sounds ridiculous. It’s not like he’s even seeing that much of his extended family while in Charleston.

• Love 12
32 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

I missed the beginning of Pringle’s explanation about why he moved back to Charleston but he’s been dancing around the obvious since episode one. He needed a job, was offered a spot on the show, and took it because of the income potential. He’s not the first (divorced) parent who has to travel across the country due to work. I hope he will make enough to rent a home in Charleston for the filming season (like, 10-12 weeks?) and rent a home near his kids for the rest of the year. 

I have a feeling Bravo will give this show one more season, and yet I don’t see any potential story lines. Too much interaction during this season was about something Kathryn did off-camera in the off-season. Leva is married, and everyone else is dating or single, but their relationships that we’ve seen so far are not interesting. Like, are we going to see Shep propose next season? LOL! There’s very little left to build this show around. 

I have to agree with you, although it pains me to say that.  Southern Charm, in its earlier seasons, was one of my never-miss Bravo shows.  The last few seasons, the show, along with the most of the cast, have gone downhill.  It used to be a harmless, fun watch of a show - it has completely changed, and not for the better.

Much like Vanderpump Rules, Southern Charm has/had a shelf-life, and I think it's just about past its expiration date.

One more season to wrap things up and hopefully, see that most of these idiots have finally grown up would be the best way to end it.

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

Shep seemed to end his redemption tour by insincerely becoming a woke liberal.

And nobody questioned if it was a matter of convenience insofar as rebuilding his image after last year’s various antics, like they did with Kathryn dating Chleb. 

• Love 5

I think there is ample room for change and growth.  I’ll check in next season to see if the cast has awakened and moved forward with their journey as Bravo loves to call it.  

Something that  I noticed is that Madison’s contempt for Austen isn’t all that new.  Remember how Chelsea had a similar reaction after getting a couple of doses.  He brings out the worst in these women for some reason.  It seems for similar reasons.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, RedHawk said:

I laughed out loud when Craig said “You rent a chair in a salon.” Nothing wrong with that, it’s a good job with good income potential, but because she keeps saying she is “building an empire”. I thought she owned her own salon or at least was a business partner. So I’m thinking her “empire” is going to be clinging to her role as a Bravolebrity until she can hook a rich guy. 

I really think the whole “Budweiser” thing got into her head - if someone like Patricia with her stature tells her you deserve so much more (and if we’re talking about Austen, I don’t necessarily disagree). But to Madison, deserving so much more means not getting an honest-to-goodness good man, but a rich guy, with a blue check mark and a clout. She suddenly thought she’s the shit. Austen has served his purpose - on to greener pastures then. 

I don’t have any problems with ambitious women. But Madison just carries it with such nastiness and meanness that she doesn’t care who she hurts as long as she gets a popular hook-up that will be covered on Page Six and other gossip rags. 

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 17

Craig is a total asshole for coming after Pringle about why he moved across the country when he knows full well it was a good financial opportunity to do the show. FU Craig. 

I tend to think the stooges are so angry at Madison because she dared to give Austen a taste of his own medicine. She’s not my type of gal but I admire her gumption in that regard. And she DOES have a better job than both Austen and Craig. Hair and makeup is solid regardless of the show. It requires skill and talent which is something neither Austen nor Craig have. They are both just capitalizing on their celebrity from the show. 

If Austen wants to make something of his beer business he’s going to need to come up with something better every time the trends change and the hoppy beer wave has crested. I don’t see a lot of career longevity for him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

"Craig is a total asshole for coming after Pringle about why he moved across the country when he knows full well it was a good financial opportunity to do the show. FU Craig. "

I sort of agree with Craig.  Apparently Pringle is a day trader (and I didn't know that) so he really could work from anywhere.  If San Diego wasn't working for him (and I don't know anybody who doesn't like San Diego), why not try Phoenix, for example?  Military people really do have to move where they send you (or you separate or retire) but date traders do not.  He chose his location and salary over his kids.  

That is my bottom line--he chose a location over his kids.  To note Rinna--just own it and I think this applies in this instance.  His boys are young; they are going to resent their father.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, RedHawk said:

And that is totally not the reason she and her ex broke up, but okay. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, albarino said:

"Craig is a total asshole for coming after Pringle about why he moved across the country when he knows full well it was a good financial opportunity to do the show. FU Craig. "

I sort of agree with Craig.  Apparently Pringle is a day trader (and I didn't know that) so he really could work from anywhere.  If San Diego wasn't working for him (and I don't know anybody who doesn't like San Diego), why not try Phoenix, for example?  Military people really do have to move where they send you (or you separate or retire) but date traders do not.  He chose his location and salary over his kids.  

That is my bottom line--he chose a location over his kids.  To note Rinna--just own it and I think this applies in this instance.  His boys are young; they are going to resent their father.

I thought he moved back to Charleston to do the show and make more money? To admit that at the reunion would break the 4th wall and Craig knows that. 

• Love 6

I like Leva much more after the reunion special.  She was more candid here than she was during S7.  She is also much more forgiving than I would be in her situation.  I still think Kathryn has an inner racist that comes roaring to the surface if provoked... or drunk... or high ...or whatever.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Ok what's up with Shep shaking his leg so vigorously? He needs to work on that habbit. I see nothing wrong with Craig asking Pringle why he moved back to Charleston seeing as how he is a day trader and could do that anywhere. We all know he did not have to move back for a job unless he considers being on a stupid reality show a job which takes precedence over being with his sons. Craig said that Patricia pays Madison a yearly salary to do her hair. She really does have more money than sense. I don't understand her fixation on Madison. And Kathryn is on thin ice here. With Cam, Chelsea and Naomi gone Madison saw her opportunity to become HBIC starting with becoming Patricia's pet project over Kathryn. Kathryn looks like a sad broken person. I think she knows that she screwed up big time and is desperate to turn things around and keep her job.  But I still don't think she fully understands why what she did and said was so offensive. She just wants to make it go away. 

• Love 12
8 hours ago, albarino said:

I’m glad Craig asked, because it’s an odd choice - but I suspect there’s more to the story. Pringle mentioned needing family and friends - wonder if he was struggling with alcohol, drugs, depression, or something else.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, TruffleHog said:

I like Leva much more after the reunion special.  She was more candid here than she was during S7.  She is also much more forgiving than I would be in her situation.  I still think Kathryn has an inner racist that comes roaring to the surface if provoked... or drunk... or high ...or whatever.

I like Leva better after the reunion too - but she still seems confused about which of her castmates is the bully. She thinks “the boys” bully Madison, when they are defending their friend who is being shredded and tortured by a true, as Austen aptly put it, “monster.” Leva is not quite as all-knowing as she pretends to be.

• Love 12