Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

I was actually a bit disappointed to hear that Pringle and Madison dated, not because I think he's any kind of a stellar catch or because he broke "bro code" but because he saw up close and personal how vindictive she can be and I'm surprised he wanted to get anywhere near that.  I don't care how physically attractive a person is, if they are a cruel person - which Madison has presented herself to be - then IMO they are not an attractive individual. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
Forgot a crucial word.
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, KnoxForPres said:

I’m so with you on all. I think Kathryn is being told “be better” and she’s not exactly sure what that entails. Much like when a successful self help person says “be your best self” I want to say- what are concrete things I can do- I will do them!

Hell yes Mad goes below the belt. She views herself so much as a take no prisoner Alpha and it exhausts me.  I can tell she thinks that is “tough” and I want her to have just a bit of kindness. Even though I’m far from Austen’s biggest fan I think he’s been through it with her and felt his reaction was real. She sees him as lesser and she has set her eyes on celebs etc and he was the means to the way. 

They did air earlier seasons this week and man- this show was once good and what I loved. Today it’s not.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Dani doesn't have a child.  You're probably thinking of Jennifer.

Jennifer, who wisely quit the show, and building on her limited appearances opened a boutique (brick & mortar as well as online I think) selling women and children’s clothing. It’s doing well and her son is thriving. She’s actually the only current or former cast member that I follow on social media. Her marriage and life post-SC seems to be going great. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 9
On 2/5/2021 at 7:01 PM, snarts said:

She really tried to paint herself in a flattering light on that one, didn't she?  Madison started following & flirting with Cutler on instagram, as soon as Austen had dinner with Justin & Kristin.  Based on the comments I saw, she made her intent pretty clear, which is when he slid into her DMs. Doubt he knew who she was before then, he only follows like 70 people.

After exposing his texts/messages and bragging about her relationship with ARod, I predict she'll have a harder time landing a big fish. She obviously can't be trusted to keep things on the down-low and gets pretty vindictive when things don't go her way.

I'm pretty sensitive to slut shaming and I agree the guys were awful to Kathryn and they're far from saints. However, in this circumstance, Madison isn't being criticized for having sex, rather for bragging about who she's having sex with. 

Nah, IMO, it's slut shaming.   Craig started the commentary with "flying around the country sleeping with men, married men."  When is the last time he slut shamed Shep -- who admitted on the reunion that he cheated on that nice GF of his?  Never.  None of the men on this show have EVER been slut shamed by Craig, Austen, etc.  Before Madison, it was Kathryn.

If Madison was flirting with Cutler on IG posts, he was the one that next-leveled it.  It was Craig that brought that up in the reunion.  Madison shouldn't have shown Andy the receipts, but Craig and Austen were the ones that were on a mission to out Madison's single life.  Then there was Danni naming A-Rod as the MLB player -- who apparently saw A-Rod facetiming Madison.  Seems like Madison's biggest mistake was telling a castmate -- you know, like we'd all do if someone famous slid into our DMs.  Then the friends brought it public.  Then curiously, neither slut shamed the famous men that slide into Madison's DMs -- especially not the engaged Arod!

Lastly, Craig sure was proud of outing Kristen C. "slid into my DMs and I told her I had a GF..."  Both her and Austen sure enjoyed name dropping her.  Of course, none of them would get slut shamed if they flew to wherever she lives for a booty call.   

I'm not a fan of Madison, but no question in my mind these boys did what they always do:  slut shame a woman doing the same thing their friend Shep does.  Actually, wait, Shep is worse but he gets the incorrigible bachelor treatment.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 15

I was exhausted at the end of part 1.  
How does Shep always get a pass for being a slob and a rich spoiled brat - which he reminds us in every episode? If he’s doing anything with himself other than the show, somebody please tell me about it.

I never cared for kathryn but she is right, these people have been trashing her for five years.  She still young and she’s raising little kids, maybe she will change later in life like next year.  She’s just trying to survive.

I was kind of disappointed by the fact that in their final words it just sounded like lip service. Nobody seems to be using their celebrity to help anyone else or make the world a little bit better place. But maybe I didn’t hear that part.  All the promises to just think about it seem small to me.  But they all seem to have time to try to become friends with other, bigger celebs and fly around to party.  Some things never change. 

Edited by Colfrmb
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

Nah, IMO, it's slut shaming.   Craig started the commentary with "flying around the country sleeping with men, married men."  When is the last time he slut shamed Shep -- who admitted on the reunion that he cheated on that nice GF of his?  Never.  None of the men on this show have EVER been slut shamed by Craig, Austen, etc.  Before Madison, it was Kathryn.

If Madison was flirting with Cutler on IG posts, he was the one that next-leveled it.  It was Craig that brought that up in the reunion.  Madison shouldn't have shown Andy the receipts, but Craig and Austen were the ones that were on a mission to out Madison's single life.  Then there was Danni naming A-Rod as the MLB player -- who apparently saw A-Rod facetiming Madison.  Seems like Madison's biggest mistake was telling a castmate -- you know, like we'd all do if someone famous slid into our DMs.  Then the friends brought it public.  Then curiously, neither slut shamed the famous men that slide into Madison's DMs -- especially not the engaged Arod!

Lastly, Craig sure was proud of outing Kristen C. "slid into my DMs and I told her I had a GF..."  Both her and Austen sure enjoyed name dropping her.  Of course, none of them would get slut shamed if they flew to wherever she lives for a booty call.   

I'm not a fan of Madison, but no question in my mind these boys did what they always do:  slut shame a woman doing the same thing their friend Shep does.  Actually, wait, Shep is worse but he gets the incorrigible bachelor treatment.

Well, to be fair, Craig did say that he would have broken up with Shep if he were in Taylor's position. So he wasn't entirely uncritical.

The men on the show do a lot of slut-shaming, but Madison herself was trying to slut-shame Natalie for having hooked up with Austen before dating Craig.  None of them should do it but they all do. 

• Love 15
38 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Well, to be fair, Craig did say that he would have broken up with Shep if he were in Taylor's position. So he wasn't entirely uncritical.

The men on the show do a lot of slut-shaming, but Madison herself was trying to slut-shame Natalie for having hooked up with Austen before dating Craig.  None of them should do it but they all do. 

Yeah, good point on the last one.  And then there's the Madison STD-shaming of Danni which truly was awful.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, Colfrmb said:

I was exhausted at the end of part 1.  
How does Shep always get a pass for being a slob and a rich spoiled brat - which he reminds us in every episode? If he’s doing anything with himself other than the show, somebody please tell me about it.

I never cared for kathryn but she is right, these people have been trashing her for five years.  She still young and she’s raising little kids, maybe she will change later in life like next year.  She’s just trying to survive.

I was kind of disappointed by the fact that in their final words it just sounded like lip service. Nobody seems to be using their celebrity to help anyone else or make the world a little bit better place. But maybe I didn’t hear that part.  All the promises to just think about it seem small to me.  But they all seem to have time to try to become friends with other, bigger celebs and fly around to party.  Some things never change. 

The final words rang hollow to me as well. Shep thinks he’s being profound when his remarks are actually quite pedestrian. 

Most of them do charity work, some of which may have been curtailed by Covid. I think they’re sincere and yet charity work also looks good on social media. When they try to hang with bigger celebs or run around partying with other Bravolebs like the Vanderpump Rules losers, my reaction is just UGH. 

• Love 9
On 2/5/2021 at 8:42 AM, snarts said:

She's happy as long as she's getting paid.  Kathryn's never been a celeb chaser and (likely due to all the negative coverage surrounding Thomas & custody) she also doesn't seem to crave tabloid coverage. Certainly not the best decision maker, but nowhere near as devious as Madison.

IMHO, they do that in retaliation for Madison calling Austen a beta and belittling TropHop & his work ethic.  Like who are you to ridicule him?

I also don't see their comments as slut shaming. They're more about Madison using sex for to gain celeb status or notoriety.  She's a starfucker & a user, plain & simple. 

This particular reunion was not the first reference I’ve heard by Austin about her profession.  I get that Madison sucks, but I just don’t see Austin as much better.  And Austin didn’t open open up a whole new world for Madison.   Bravo did and she is storming thru it.  And while Craig is apparently doing well now, we watched him do virtually nothing for multiple seasons.   

• Love 8
On 2/5/2021 at 9:59 PM, Axie said:

I don't know.  I think you either have drive and ambition or you don't.  Plenty of people born into wealth have it but Shep doesn't.  I think he's a rich loser and if he had no  money he'd be the same loser.  Just without money.  Just my opinion, of course.

Okay, I’ve gotta defend Shep a slight bit here...I’ve got a soft spot for him because like the rest of the guys on this show, he’s not just some random rich lothario type; he’s actually highly educated and graduated from Vanderbilt Law School, which is no small feat. He owns a clothing line and has bought into several successful Charleston bars thanks to his stint on this show. The dude’s not as lazy or stupid as he appears, and I don’t think of these SC guys as being the same types of losers we’d see on say “Vanderpump Rules” or “Below Deck”...((which sounds rather classist of me, now that I think about it))

But I don’t like the double standards they toss out at Kathryn and Madison at all and I appreciate the fact that Madison calmly stands up for herself in a way that Kathryn never could. 

That being said, Craig totally lost his luster for me with this last episode. First time I’ve ever just sat there laugh-cringing at him for an entire hour, and I’ve never considered him comic relief a’la T-Rav...what a hot mess.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

So Madison stands up, walks over to Andy within 2 feet of him wearing no mask, hands him her germ infested cell phone and nobody stops her? 

And Madison's dress was hideous. It looked like a plastic Big Top tent from Ringling Bros. Circus. I was waiting for a clown car to drive out from underneath.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8

Cameran had no problem talking about everyone else's life but when it was her she couldn't take it just my thoughts. Leva's saying Kathryn was jealous of Cameran's life? Cameran acted like Palmer ruined her life and being home with her was a punishment. 

• Love 12
13 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

And Austin didn’t open open up a whole new world for Madison.   Bravo did and she is storming thru it.  

LOL! Madison’s been trying FOR YEARS to get on the show. And how did she land a regular spot?! By being Austen’s gf. Even Patricia herself has said that she’s constantly invited Madison to filmed SC parties she hosts so she can be seen. And this was prior before to Austen being on the show. I also remember a bunch of episodes where Cameran got her hair done and voila, there was Madison.

Girl’s been thirsty for a long time. And she finally found a male slut who fell for it (unlike Shep).

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

@Sun-Bun, Shep went to the university of Georgia for business and also Vanderbilt business school.  Not law.  I still see Shep as someone who doesn’t have to work too hard, who got his life handed to him and who owns his elitist mindset and nobody there yells at him for it.   Unfortunately, to me, he is exactly the lothario type.  He bragged about all the women he had over the course of all the seasons.  Or maybe I just imagined it.  He’s 41 and has had 2 serious relationships and I venture to guess that even those were not super serious.  I still watch!  I wonder, when he was dating Danni, if he had been as mature-ish as he is now, would Danni have let their relationship go further?  Danni seems like a better match for Shep than Taylor.  (I’m just going off intel on social media, of course)

• Love 12
On 2/5/2021 at 5:01 AM, 65mickey said:

Ok what's up with Shep shaking his leg so vigorously? He needs to work on that habbit.

He does this even when he's driving.   Can't help but notice it. 

• Love 2

Madison takes every opportunity to stand up and swish around in that dress with her hands on her hips.  its an ugly dress, she could have done much better. it probably looks really good on a model, but just too much dress for her.

Kathryn's body looks amazing, the dress really shows it off...but I hated it.  I think she is still dressing for Thomas.

I don't like leva, but her dress when she went to Patricia's house was my favorite for the season. 

• Love 5
On 2/5/2021 at 2:22 PM, TexasGal said:

I wish someone would have asked him what % he actually makes off sales.  How much does the brewery get, does he have a distributor who gets a cut etc.?  It's probably pretty small money for him at the end of the day, especially with only one offering.

Yes, a startup takes years to make a profit.  He must be living off the money from the show.  If the show tanks he’s going to go under.  Same with Craig’s pillow company.  The products are cute for coastal living but the popularity is driven by the show not necessarily the products.  That said, Craig looked like a slovenly, high, mess.  I don’t know what he was drinking or taking but I’ve never seen anyone on any Bravo reunion as altered as he was.  

I caught an older episode of Below Deck today and one of the guests is Madison Simon from Gywnns.  I hope they don’t bring her back next year.  I find nothing interesting about her.

I also want to agree with others who have mentioned Danni’s appearance, not just at the reunion but all season.  Her voice is shaking and her eye is just wonky.  Hope she is okay.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

So Madison stands up, walks over to Andy within 2 feet of him wearing no mask, hands him her germ infested cell phone and nobody stops her? 

Nothing stopped Pringle, Shep and Craig from taking their masks off to drink beer together in the kitchenette backstage either. Besides Andy has already had it and recovered from it (so has Craig), and Andy asked to see her phone a couple times, so that's on him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Shauna said:

Am I the only one shocked at Dani's appearance?  She's so thin, frail looking. 

Why was she even there?  Did she say 5 words during the entire reunion?  Why wasn't the relationship between her and Katherine brought up??

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

Same with Craig’s pillow company.  The products are cute for coastal living but the popularity is driven by the show not necessarily the products.

That's so true. Getting a huge order means you also have to deliver on it, on-time. Someone has to screen and sew all of those squares together by their requested delivery date. That ought to be interesting. But regardless, I'm curious if anyone on here visited his website and looked at the pillows. They're just screened as opposed to embroidered and tbh, pretty cheesy. And expensive 😲 TJX stores have way better options for decorative pillows at much better prices. I think people buy sewing down south pillows just to get a piece of Craig, and that's not going to last forever, especially once Southern Charm concludes. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

That's so true. Getting a huge order means you also have to deliver on it, on-time. Someone has to screen and sew all of those squares together by their requested delivery date. That ought to be interesting. But regardless, I'm curious if anyone on here visited his website and looked at the pillows. They're just screened as opposed to embroidered and tbh, pretty cheesy. And expensive 😲 TJX stores have way better options for decorative pillows at much better prices. I think people buy sewing down south pillows just to get a piece of Craig, and that's not going to last forever, especially once Southern Charm concludes. 

I agree. Patricia might have sounded snobbish in his critique of Craig's pillows, but she's not exactly wrong.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Also if I remember correctly they aren't actually pillows just pillow covers (!!) you have to provide the stuffing Sewing Down South

The shirts, hats, etc. they sell are nice and I wouldn't mind buying one but holy cow are they expensive!

Patricia's merchandise sold here does seem to be a little more upscale but everything looks to be on sale so not as expensive as I might have thought.

What I've heard thru the rumor mill is when a Bravocelebrity starts a business on Bravo (Craig and Austen) or their business is featured on Bravo (Leva) then Bravo takes a cut/percentage of it for advertising purposes.  How much I guess depends on what was negotiated thru their contract so yeah everyone is taking a slice out of the pie.  I'm sure people like Craig and Austen do make a little money from it but they make much more by simply being a reality tv star.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

Why was she even there?  Did she say 5 words during the entire reunion?  Why wasn't the relationship between her and Katherine brought up??

She needs to be a friend of as she doesn't add anything to the group. 

• Love 4

Shep also has a clothing line, as someone on here pointed out, primarily selling $30 tshirts, nothing super amazing but he wears them, like the one he had on during the last regular episode.  My guess is that he doesn’t have an agreement with bravo so he isn’t allowed to talk about his shirts.  
I have also noticed Shep either tapping with his finger on the counter or tapping his foot even in other seasons.  When I encounter people like that, I often ask, “ is something bothering you or are you in a hurry to go somewhere?” They just can’t be relaxed and it sure isnt relaxing to be around someone like that.  Maybe he was just uncomfortable with the reunion.  

Edited by Colfrmb
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Shauna said:

She needs to be a friend of as she doesn't add anything to the group. 

I think she was mostly there to balance the M to F ratio, plus, unlike Craig’s or Shep’s girlfriends, we’ve seen her over several seasons. She had something of a larger “role” than Shep’s girlfriend or just has more seniority. Shep’s GF had scenes but didn’t do much more than play sidekick so I can see her being left out. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Colfrmb said:

Shep also has a clothing line, as someone on here pointed out, primarily selling $30 tshirts, nothing super amazing but he wears them, like the one he had on during the last regular episode.  My guess is that he doesn’t have an agreement with bravo so he isn’t allowed to talk about his shirts.  
I have also noticed Shep either tapping with his finger on the counter or tapping his foot even in other seasons.  When I encounter people like that, I often ask, “ is something bothering you or are you in a hurry to go somewhere?” They just can’t be relaxed and it sure isnt relaxing to be around someone like that.  Maybe he was just uncomfortable with the reunion.  

I do that tapping thing myself. I have my whole life. It’s just a muscle thing. It doesn’t really have anything to do with my emotional state. I’ve noticed Shep does it in chairs like I do so it’s probably just that sitting upright in a chair isn’t the most comfortable thing for him to do.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, FozzyBear said:

I do that tapping thing myself. I have my whole life. It’s just a muscle thing. It doesn’t really have anything to do with my emotional state. I’ve noticed Shep does it in chairs like I do so it’s probably just that sitting upright in a chair isn’t the most comfortable thing for him to do.  

I remember reading that people who fidget burn like 500 or more extra calories per day. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, christmaslights said:

I remember reading that people who fidget burn like 500 or more extra calories per day. 

Oh how I wish! I think for me it has more to do with the pressure sitting in a chair with my feet flat puts on my lower back. Shep has really long legs so that might be part of it for him.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, slowpoked said:

I agree. Patricia might have sounded snobbish in his critique of Craig's pillows, but she's not exactly wrong.

It is beyond snobbish of her.  It is so shitty for a woman with a huge net worth to shit on someone else's business.  There is usually only one reason people do that, jealousy.  She is obviously not jealous of his money or connections, so is it because people are actually responding to his pillows with excitement?  

I actually thought she was too smart to ever come off looking like such a pathetic loser.

6 hours ago, Colfrmb said:

It's called COCAINE!

No just kidding!  Like @FozzyBear said, it's just a muscle thing.  My son fidgets.

Although, with Shep I think it IS actually coke.

• Wink 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 2/7/2021 at 10:27 PM, chenoa333 said:

And Madison's dress was hideous. It looked like a plastic Big Top tent from Ringling Bros. Circus. I was waiting for a clown car to drive out from underneath.

They’re inside together, maskless, for hours; they’ve got bigger concerns than touching each other’s phones.

• Love 2
On 2/9/2021 at 4:38 PM, heatherchandler said:

It is beyond snobbish of her.  It is so shitty for a woman with a huge net worth to shit on someone else's business.  There is usually only one reason people do that, jealousy.  She is obviously not jealous of his money or connections, so is it because people are actually responding to his pillows with excitement?  

I actually thought she was too smart to ever come off looking like such a pathetic loser.

Patricia makes for good tv, but she really does think she's better than everyone else because she managed to snag a rich husband. If she was a retired teacher or middle class everyone wouldn't be falling all over themselves to kiss her ass. She, Whitney, and Shep act entitled AF. Their sense of superiority oozes out of every pore.

• Applause 3
  • Love 3