Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

18 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Semi and prelims are online again finals in June in person at the stadium auditions start may 2nd 

And TC starts immediately after.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Semi and prelims are online again finals in June in person at the stadium auditions start may 2nd 

Less than a month and still no retirement announcements that’s insane!

• Love 6
4 hours ago, vanillagum said:

lol that reminds me of how in the first episodes of each season so many girls are like 'i'm honored to be here' when it's like...isn't it an open call at that point? lol

Well, the use of the phrase  "God's plan for me"  always baffles me. There are always girls who say this or something similar during audition, or when they get cut.

I get this when people have a strong vocation to serve the church or want to dedicate their lives to helping others (particularly the ones who need it the most), but cheerleading/dancing?? Really? Or am I missing something?

• Love 10
(edited)

Did Madeline Salter audition last year but didn't make it to finals?

I see she has really improved on her 'power' that K&J said was missing.

Hope to see her this year. But if this year's rookies are anything like last year's, it's going to be tough.

And Hannah.... what are you doing in Texas, girl? 

Edited by WoofDCC
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, WoofDCC said:

Did Madeline Salter audition last year but didn't make it to finals?

I see she has really improved on her 'power' that K&J said was missing.

Hope to see her this year. But if this year's rookies are anything like last year's, it's going to be tough.

And Hannah.... what are you doing in Texas, girl? 

Just visiting 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, LilyDutch said:

Well, the use of the phrase  "God's plan for me"  always baffles me. There are always girls who say this or something similar during audition, or when they get cut.

I get this when people have a strong vocation to serve the church or want to dedicate their lives to helping others (particularly the ones who need it the most), but cheerleading/dancing?? Really? Or am I missing something?

Way back in the Mighty Big TV days (pre TWoP, even) there was a running joke about God being in the tub.  Girl, He is scrubbing his back and He's got real shit to worry about.  Like washing His hair.  And famines and natural disasters and genocide.  It is not His master plan for you to get the final rose or make the team or whatever it is you think you want.  

I have empathy for people who shoot hard to live their dreams and fall short, but it does make me chuckle.  HE'S IN THE TUB!  

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, SunnyK said:

This girl has been seen at a few prep classes & it looks like she will be auditioning as well.

E78D5440-59B2-4C04-B2CA-191405298397_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.1ff19423461ed80bb3db439041234ca3.jpeg

I checked out ariaceline on Instagram - she definitely has a few tattoos on the left side of her torso which would be in clear view if she were wearing the uniform or even the practice outfits. Not sure how the organization would feel about that....I know it’s been an issue in the past - 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Yup. Hannah is in Texas and went to prep class. But I think she's just there visiting because she missed dance and her friends. Or maybe she'd try out just for fun. But she's got to know that her chances of making the team again would be essentially less than zero - sadly.

The dramatic side of me wants her to reaudition and be so good they can’t deny her... go through TC, be killer like she always has been, and then when they announce the team, stand up and say “thanks but no thanks - bye!” The ultimate revenge. Show them the same disrespect they showed her, waste their time like they did hers. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, PepperM said:

The dramatic side of me wants her to reaudition and be so good they can’t deny her... go through TC, be killer like she always has been, and then when they announce the team, stand up and say “thanks but no thanks - bye!” The ultimate revenge. Show them the same disrespect they showed her, waste their time like they did hers. 

It would be fun! Though I seriously doubt she is even considering auditioning, she'd never make it past the first round anyway. 

I do believe that she's crazy talented. Her contemporary and even lyrical pieces are phenomenal. I do think she has a tendency to sometimes overthrow the pop/fierce/extra card which sometimes makes her look out of place. Like Gina (and even Amber in this latest video) sometimes that extra is really amazing and great. Hannah can have that OMG quality. But when you are on the bubble with a microscope - that extra can look not so great. Hannah would have been fine and fierce last year if attention weren't put on her. But the more attention  that got put on her,  the more she TRIED.... and that perhaps made her look worse in the context of dancing with the group.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, LilyDutch said:

While this is not the place to discuss any of our particular religious beliefs, this belief, which is prevalent in many churches, comes from Jeremiah29:11 which says "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

I do think she has a tendency to sometimes overthrow the pop/fierce/extra card which sometimes makes her look out of place. Like Gina (and even Amber in this latest video)

I really liked Amber in this.

• Love 2
On 4/10/2021 at 2:48 AM, kalibean said:

Way back in the Mighty Big TV days (pre TWoP, even) there was a running joke about God being in the tub.  Girl, He is scrubbing his back and He's got real shit to worry about.  Like washing His hair.  And famines and natural disasters and genocide.  It is not His master plan for you to get the final rose or make the team or whatever it is you think you want.  

I have empathy for people who shoot hard to live their dreams and fall short, but it does make me chuckle.  HE'S IN THE TUB!  

On 4/10/2021 at 6:46 PM, Opine said:

While this is not the place to discuss any of our particular religious beliefs, this belief, which is prevalent in many churches, comes from Jeremiah29:11 which says "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord.  

I also would like to add that the personal involvement of God in ones life is actually Christian doctrine.

• Love 7
On 1/26/2021 at 5:12 PM, ByTor said:

Here is your thread to discuss/speculate on who may be auditioning for the 2021-2022 DCC squad.

I don’t find Alora relatable.  She doesn’t seem authentic.  My guess is she would return to NY in a second if she could get theatre work there.  I hope Kristin retires. She looked sluggish on the show last year, also I don’t like it when entertainment gets overshadowed by politics, she tried to get too political..  The Bachelor is now about politics instead of the show and I need a brief escape from politics, they better not make DCC like that lol!  Maddy should retire, enough is enough.  Tori I hope makes it!  I think Armani is darling I hope she comes back.  I also want to see how many of last years rookies can actually  do a jump split and memorize choreography on the spot.  We never saw those skills in 2020.  Hoping for a more traditional season!  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, WoofDCC said:

I could only imagine TPTB putting the tattoo girl through to finals for the conflict and drama of her having body tattoos. 

They have taken girls with Body tattoos before MRS had a lower back tattoo and they just made her put makeup over it.

On 4/10/2021 at 10:12 AM, PepperM said:

If she did reaudition,  I'm pretty sure they can and would deny her when they saw her name pop up based on her horrible, surly attitude when she was cut.  No way would they let her in finals, much less training camp.  Even if K wanted to do it for the drama, I doubt that the highest PTB would allow it, and I can definitely see why.

Totally respect the opinions of the diehard Han-Fans, but "wasted her time" in what respect?  By cutting her?  Even she volunteered that her solo was not her best (it was the exact same collection of tricks she'd done before, with not a lot of dancing in between).  And in the group dances, she was off the beat and looking flustered in the footage they showed.   I am not sure how cutting a vet who was outdanced is "disrespectful" per se -- all vets have to reaudition each year.   Why is it disrespectful in itself to cut a vet who is talented but who was admittedly tired from school and off her game this TC?  K did say more than once she respected what Hannah was trying to do with school and that she is very talented.  But if you don't perform when it counts, you lose your spot.  

• Love 5

Do you think its possible that Kelli is giving the veterans the option of being cut with dignity this year? Meaning that perhaps she will  tell returning vets that don't make it into TC in private  -- and therefore not on the show? They could just "announce their retirement?" I am just wondering what the rationale is for withholding announcements. 

I don't know how the public perceived last years season but perhaps they got some backlash? 

On the other hand, if she's all about ratings this would be a bad idea on her part. 

So maybe withholding announcements just generates more interest and speculation - which causes people to at least tune in to see who actually tried out?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

Do you think its possible that Kelli is giving the veterans the option of being cut with dignity this year? Meaning that perhaps she will  tell returning vets that don't make it into TC in private  -- and therefore not on the show? They could just "announce their retirement?" I am just wondering what the rationale is for withholding announcements. 

I don't know how the public perceived last years season but perhaps they got some backlash? 

On the other hand, if she's all about ratings this would be a bad idea on her part. 

So maybe withholding announcements just generates more interest and speculation - which causes people to at least tune in to see who actually tried out?

Oh, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a LOT of backlash over last year's veteran cuts.  They HAD to know people weren't happy with either Hannah's or Brennan's cuts, especially since Kelli couldn't come up with a good reason to cut either of them and had to come up with some piss-poor excuse, ESPECIALLY when there were girls who practically handed Kelli reasons to cut them yet were kept anyways.   I think Kelli is ALL about the ratings and she knows a LOT of people don't view her in a favorable light but doesn't give a flying flip about it.  After all, this is the woman who was supposed to have said that "no one tells HER who to put on the squad."  Granted, she was upset that people weren't on board for her thinly veiled attempt to shove Victoria onto the squad at all costs in Season 13 but finally ran out of reasons to cut other girls before her, but still. . . .

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I doubt she would cut a vet off camera and not show the drama unless it's another Erica situation, but even that caused a lot of backlash. Plus, finals are in person this year, and with so many girls in the chairs and on the field at one time no way could someone be cut out of the entire show, so she wouldn't be able to get away with making someone disappear during the season.

I think she just wants to maximize drama and interest. This last season of MTT was awful and by withholding retirement announcements, long-time fans of the show may watch the first few episodes just to get that information, and then theoretically get sucked in by the "new and improved, so much better" training camp she's got planned for this year.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

I think she just wants to maximize drama and interest. This last season of MTT was awful and by withholding retirement announcements, long-time fans of the show may watch the first few episodes just to get that information, and then theoretically get sucked in by the "new and improved, so much better" training camp she's got planned for this year.

(Edits to @DCCFan2021 post are my own only so the specific part I am referring to doesn’t get buried!!!)

See, the bolded part is EXACTLY why I am not going to watch for a second year in a row. I’m really starting to completely lose interest. Other than coming here and seeing my prime timer friends (☺️), I’m kinda over it  

Through the years we’ve heard of number of different things: KelFine does - albeit in a roundabout way - suggest to vets to not come back, KelFine bluntly tells vets not to come back, KelFine doesn’t say shit to girls that she’s “over” and lets them be humiliated on TV at finals. We’ve heard it all. It probably is a combo of everything including the year, KelFine’s mood, and the specific girl. 

If I was captain of the ship, I’d give the retiring vets a deadline to inform TPTB but ask them to hold off on public announcements until a certain date (maybe the day of the End of Year Dinner). Then they can set up a nice farewell to the retirees at the dinner and publish it on DCC social media while the girls can do their own personal social media announcements at the same time. 

Trying to keep it quiet to stir up interest in the next DCC:MTT makes me yawn. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, KnyghtRyder said:

What about if she's trying to stir up interest in another series of podcasts?  And hopes to feature the retirees?  That way Kelli can discuss how hard the bubble was on her!  And how hard it was to cut vets!  And how crazy it is this year compared to last year!  Sad face, crying emoji, blah blah blah.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 4/11/2021 at 3:59 PM, WoofDCC said:

I could only imagine TPTB putting the tattoo girl through to finals for the conflict and drama of her having body tattoos. 

They aren't an issue if the uniform covers them. 

Jalyn has a large tattoo on her hip and they just hid it with makeup at calendar shoot.  Kat has several on her arms but they're not visible in uniform.

• Useful 1
17 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

If I was captain of the ship, I’d give the retiring vets a deadline to inform TPTB but ask them to hold off on public announcements until a certain date (maybe the day of the End of Year Dinner). Then they can set up a nice farewell to the retirees at the dinner and publish it on DCC social media while the girls can do their own personal social media announcements at the same time. 

@KnyghtRyder You hit the nail on the head with that last line in my opinion. With retirements, I actually like when they're a bit early in fact. Lets the fans reflect on their time with the team and gives enough time between retirements and learning/getting to know the rookies. It also helps create interest in things like Triangle, Point and Show Group. Also potential finals cuts for vets. 

The way things are going now? I'm almost bored to tears over here. And don't get me wrong. I love all the engagement announcements. Certainly happy for those getting married. But it just isn't the same. 

Edited by Lona
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Carey DePasquale and Cassie Kathleen would say different:)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Cassie Kathleen did get a small exit speech when she was cut at finals. Season 7, right? You're right about Carey though, and I suppose the same could be said for Olivia Stevanovski and Amy Reese. I'd like to point out, though, that all of these cuts happened nearly ten years ago; not sure how viewership and interest in the team has changed since then so this may be inaccurate, but I would think there are more people looking at and following the team now than back then simply due to the success (and drama) of the show, which makes me think such disappearances would be more difficult to do now. Who knows though? All I do know is if a vet does disappear this season these boards will be so much fun to follow...

Edited by DCCFan2021
typo
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

All I do know is if a vet does disappear this season these boards will be so much fun to follow...

Anyone here remember when Erica Wilkins “disappeared” during Season 12?

It wasn’t until later when we found out she got fired. And wasn’t until even later the whole lawsuit happened. 

Good times on the forum ... good times! 😂

• Love 6
2 hours ago, DCCOracle said:

I'll see your Carey and Cassie K. and raise you Amy (I'm suddenly a co-point after being invisible for 5 years) T.

Amy (screws up the pre-game jumpsplit as a third year) T.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Lona said:

@KnyghtRyder You hit the nail on the head with that last line in my opinion. With retirements, I actually like when they're a bit early in fact. Lets the fans reflect on their time with the team and gives enough time between retirements and learning/getting to know the rookies. It also helps create interest in things like Triangle, Point and Show Group. Also potential finals cuts for vets. 

The way things are going now? I'm almost bored to tears over here. And don't get me wrong. I love all the engagement announcements. Certainly happy for those getting married. But it just isn't the same. 

Maybe they are trying to bore the primetimers out of existence? Kidding... or not kidding 😃

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Maybe they are trying to bore the primetimers out of existence? Kidding... or not kidding 😃

32 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

We know too much and it scares them 😂😂😂

😂 Yes! We aren’t a sycophantic fan site so they are implementing sneakier tactics to get rid of us.

Well...it’s working. 😝 

For some reason I keep getting the same seasons over and over on Pluto....but also completely forgot about Sarah Shelton, Sarah Clay, Colleen Maria, Alexandra Caroline, Samantha, Kinzie, Jessica (but not Jessica Marie, the Jessica that does the FX makeup now)...have no idea if these girls were cut or how long they were there or what happened to them...🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

😂 Yes! We aren’t a sycophantic fan site so they are implementing sneakier tactics to get rid of us.

Well...it’s working. 😝 

For some reason I keep getting the same seasons over and over on Pluto....but also completely forgot about Sarah Shelton, Sarah Clay, Colleen Maria, Alexandra Caroline, Samantha, Kinzie, Jessica (but not Jessica Marie, the Jessica that does the FX makeup now)...have no idea if these girls were cut or how long they were there or what happened to them...🤷🏻‍♀️

None of them were cut.  Kenzie was there for 4 years, Sarah S for one and I think the others were there for two years.  

40 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

None of them were cut.  Kenzie was there for 4 years, Sarah S for one and I think the others were there for two years.  

Yeah I know! I was kinda being cheeky. 😉 

Just to highlight how so many were the total focus every season while others were barely shown to the point that we’ve completely forgotten them. Meaning they could still do that now for those vets that fall out of favor during TC and are cut (Amy Reese, Olivia Stevanovski, Erica, etc), but instead specifically highlight their dismissals for ratings in the more recent seasons. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Yeah I know! I was kinda being cheeky. 😉 

You?  Cheeky?  Never😂

3 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Just to highlight how so many were the total focus every season while others were barely shown to the point that we’ve completely forgotten them

They do need new ideas for the CMT YouTube channel, but you're right - hardly any footage, but they could do it if they got creative.🤣🤣🤣  Forgot who I was talking about...lol

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, DCCland said:

I can’t handle the secretcy with the retirement announcements just announce them already 

We may never know !! Cause the girls don’t have to announce if they don’t want to 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

20 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

We know too much and it scares them 😂😂😂

Am I being too kooky/conspiracy minded when I say a good 40%-50% of my brain thinks the Hannah and Brennan cuts and lack of retirement news really IS trying to "deal" with Primetimers? 😳😆

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

We may never know !! Cause the girls don’t have to announce if they don’t want to 

Lol. Well I think eventually we will actually know when they, you know, don’t show up at finals. Unless they get the “Olivia Stevanovski Edit.”  

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Lynnbo said:

I would like to see this girl try out.  Tanner Fant.  McKenzie Sherman follows her on IG, but I don’t know if they are friends. She took the DCC prep class. I asked her if she might and she said she was thinking about it. https://instagram.com/_tanfan_?igshid=4x8m3hqmwrei

Tanner is someone I could also see being very successful as a DCC should she choose to pursue it. She's a great dancer and has pageant experience, so she would definitely do well in the interview portion of finals. 

She's competed for Miss Mississippi a couple times and placed first runner-up to Asya Branch, who just won Miss USA, during her last attempt in 2018.  She's competing again this summer, though (and has a great chance to win), so there's definitely a potential conflict with the in-person DCC training camp.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Kitty Sharter said:

Tanner is someone I could also see being very successful as a DCC should she choose to pursue it. She's a great dancer and has pageant experience, so she would definitely do well in the interview portion of finals. 

She's competed for Miss Mississippi a couple times and placed first runner-up to Asya Branch, who just won Miss USA, during her last attempt in 2018.  She's competing again this summer, though (and has a great chance to win), so there's definitely a potential conflict with the in-person DCC training camp.

Great to hear that she has such a great CV and I hope she will try out.

She is gorgeous!

511591920_Screenshot2021-04-16at12_08_46.png.1502a5c1f65bfa088d7a4cb881bdb488.png

• Love 7

I saw Kat commented on this girls Instagram videos. Zaria Robinson. She seems like she has the look. Just worried cause she looks short. Her handle is zaria_dancer11  It won’t let me paste the link for some reason

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Dcc76 said:

I saw Kat commented on this girls Instagram videos. Zaria Robinson. She seems like she has the look. Just worried cause she looks short. Her handle is zaria_dancer11  It won’t let me paste the link for some reason

Did she take the prep class? 

On 4/16/2021 at 5:09 AM, Pau84 said:

Great to hear that she has such a great CV and I hope she will try out.

She is gorgeous!

511591920_Screenshot2021-04-16at12_08_46.png.1502a5c1f65bfa088d7a4cb881bdb488.png

She is stunning, and a beautiful dancer with amazing extension!

• Love 2

Hey, 

Long time lurker here, but my first post! 

Does anyone know if Shania from a couple season ago will be retrying out? Really dissapointed she was cut before! 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, PollyHowell said:

I have no idea whether or not she plans on coming back, but I know if I were her I wouldn't. Kelli so obviously fishing to use her friends' deaths as tragedy porn for the show last season was in awful taste. Then almost as bad as the act itself was Kelli acting disappointing and offended that Shaina didn't want to air the incident out for everyone when the special guest was obviously brought in to try and cash in on those emotions. 

Shaina's a gorgeous girl and a great dancer; I'm sure she can find a dance home elsewhere that doesn't involve exploitation of her personal life.

I detest the scene where she is cut when Kelli says "we've all have a tough time this summer" or something along those lines. She just lost multiple friends in a tragic accident. Going through eight weeks of dance in a pressure cooker is hard work, grief is so much more.

• Love 21