Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

21 hours ago, Trulyadorkable said:

I remember the Carisa Rose interview after show group auditions when she broke down emotionally about wanting to try out for show group but wanted to be available as much as possible for work to help out her family.

Does anyone know in the latest seasons, if there are people who don't try out for show group? Does everyone try out or do they edit MTT for drama and make it seem like everyone tries out? 

Since they can edit the show I can't have faith in the show even if they say "everyone tries out"

One thing I notice on the first couple of cuts of the TCC were no big show of emotion. To me it just seemed like because they were not dancing for 4+ hrs nightly nor were they able to socialize together, there was not the degree of bonding to the other girls, the experience etc.  I think they were more detached, sort of like the first day of class were no one knew each other. Did anyone else feel this upon reflection or was it just me?

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

for me, it's not really that they're 'not real DCCs.' they're just different and don't seem like their predecessors given the super different circumstances. like, would most of these people have even tried out if the pandemic hadn't happened? would they have been able to survive training camp if they hadn't had the routines beforehand? things like that. so i don't think they're not real DCCs...they are, but i just can't help but think of them slightly differently

Edited by vanillagum
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 1/29/2021 at 12:37 PM, Trixi said:

I don’t care for the backwards glance over the shoulder pose at all. Its worse than the arms tossed over the head ones. 

I don't like the pose Gina is doing. It looks like the girl has to go pee pee and is holding it. 

On 4/11/2021 at 1:17 PM, BeverlyHills said:

I don’t find Alora relatable.  She doesn’t seem authentic.  My guess is she would return to NY in a second if she could get theatre work there.  I hope Kristin retires. She looked sluggish on the show last year, also I don’t like it when entertainment gets overshadowed by politics, she tried to get too political..  The Bachelor is now about politics instead of the show and I need a brief escape from politics, they better not make DCC like that lol!  Maddy should retire, enough is enough.  Tori I hope makes it!  I think Armani is darling I hope she comes back.  I also want to see how many of last years rookies can actually  do a jump split and memorize choreography on the spot.  We never saw those skills in 2020.  Hoping for a more traditional season!  

What did Kristin get to political on?? I think I missed that whole thing! Lol

8 hours ago, Kamal said:

Does anyone know in the latest seasons, if there are people who don't try out for show group? Does everyone try out or do they edit MTT for drama and make it seem like everyone tries out? 

Since they can edit the show I can't have faith in the show even if they say "everyone tries out"

Drama:)  Many of the girls had work or school and couldn't try out, but of course Kelli says they all try out.

30 minutes ago, Hailek said:

What did Kristin get to political on?? I think I missed that whole thing! Lol

25 minutes ago, Hailek said:

Can anyone fill me in on what happened with Kristin?? I must have missed what she spoke out about or what happened! Lol. 

They edited Kristin's solo to look as though she wasn't dancing to the right tempo, right music...made her look bad.  However, her solo was a way for her "to use my voice and my art to speak up about the changes our country needs to make."

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CJZuxIbhw6D/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Drama:)  Many of the girls had work or school and couldn't try out, but of course Kelli says they all try out.

They edited Kristin's solo to look as though she wasn't dancing to the right tempo, right music...made her look bad.  However, her solo was a way for her "to use my voice and my art to speak up about the changes our country needs to make."

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CJZuxIbhw6D/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Omg! I never saw this! That was beautiful! I did think it was weird that they completely trashed her solo (like overly judgmental and negative) and now it all makes sense! 

thank you for filling me in! 

• Love 5

I don't think there is any harm in acknowledging that the situation last year was different. Everything was different. I absolutely loathe the decisions made last year as I think DCC completely missed the mark. This humanitarian CHEER leading organization chose marketing and self promotion during a global pandemic. I hated it. 

But yes of course these rookies are DCC. I honestly don't see anyone arguing that they're not. But I also don't see any harm in acknowledging the differences in their experiences. I don't fault them - and I understand their specific challenges - but a part of me will always feel as if they capitalized on the vulnerability of the moment in time. And that just makes me less inclined to root for them.

As said, I don't fault THEM, but I do fault the circumstances that surrounded their initiation.  It was different and therefore I view them differently.

And yes, of course they are hard workers, talented dancers and deserving of the uniform...but I still view them differently. I'm not sure why that's a bad thing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

One thing I notice on the first couple of cuts of the TCC were no big show of emotion. To me it just seemed like because they were not dancing for 4+ hrs nightly nor were they able to socialize together, there was not the degree of bonding to the other girls, the experience etc.  I think they were more detached, sort of like the first day of class were no one knew each other. Did anyone else feel this upon reflection or was it just me?

I felt the same way and I wonder if the pandemic and this year’s set up contributed to that feeling.  Normally, lots of candidates travel to Dallas (if they don’t live there) for prep classes and of course tryouts. If a TCC makes it to camp, they are generally at least finding short term housing for the summer. So in a normal year, you’re already more invested in the process while this year was just all video work until TC.  I think it was awesome that housing was paid for this year for camp due to the “bubble”, but I can see where you don’t feel as invested to fly in and have a super condensed TC and get cut midway through. It just feels like a regular ol’ audition at that point. I also think that you may have had more people try out on a whim this year rather than committing to being in Dallas for tryouts, so it was no harm no foul for them to get cut and fly back to their “normal” life. 

• Love 2
On 4/22/2021 at 6:04 PM, TB12 said:

How come this does not surprise me at all about Brooke? Can someone spill the old tea please, I missed this!

NEVER was a big fan of Brooke!  Just average looks, dance ability, meh!  IMO, somewhat on the same level as Whitney. I never saw the appeal of her either, at least on the level of being point. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Lunacat said:

I felt the same way and I wonder if the pandemic and this year’s set up contributed to that feeling.

I would also blame Kelli and her usual treating of the new girls as the second coming.  Talking about how they were more game ready, but yet not confessing that they got the routines weeks in advance and the vets only got them days ago.

I would also think that the rookies knew they were moving to Dallas, and were already expecting a disruption to their lives - leaving familys, friends, jobs, etc  Vets got warned three weeks in advance they would have to uproot their lives and move into a hotel for so many weeks.

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I would also blame Kelli and her usual treating of the new girls as the second coming.  Talking about how they were more game ready, but yet not confessing that they got the routines weeks in advance and the vets only got them days ago.

I would also think that the rookies knew they were moving to Dallas, and were already expecting a disruption to their lives - leaving familys, friends, jobs, etc  Vets got warned three weeks in advance they would have to uproot their lives and move into a hotel for so many weeks.

Oh and don’t forget that got told few days prior to send in a video  to be judged 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 7
54 minutes ago, DCCOracle said:

It could be a few things (and I'm in no way being snarky):

• The change from Fridays to Tuesdays.
  • The treatment of Lily, Hannah, Brennan, Kristin and Brianna (as well as the aftermath)
  • The lack of care regarding COVID such as leaving the bubble, among other things.
  • Meredith 2.0 (Alora Rose)
  • Suddenly caring about diversity & inclusion in a racially tense year.

My reasons in no particular order:

Training camp becoming less real and more “reality” - everything for ratings.

KelFine’s biases. She always had them, but now I’m less tolerant.

In previous years, outside of the actual show, we always had things to chatter about. Insiders dropping scuttlebutt. The calendar shoot. Retirements. The End of Year Banquet. Who may be cut. Who is trying out. Who to watch out for, root for, or hate. But for whatever reason, it’s all a big “secret” right now. I’m guessing to drum up excitement? 

But that just isn’t working for me to continue to watch the show. I’ll be honest, I’m not a Cowboys fan. I’m not a DCC fan. I’m not a dancer. 

Back during the 2005 2 hour special, it was kind of a morbid curiosity for me. An intriguing peek behind a glamorous curtain. An invite to an exclusive sorority. I found it simultaneously interesting, funny, fun, poignant, inspiring, and eye rolling.  

But after 15 years (14 of active watching, 1 of vicarious following), I just don’t care to follow along anymore. Basically, I think I’ve changed as a viewer. Maybe the format has become predictable and tired. Or maybe my tastes have changed.  

As for the forums? Without the chatter and interest leading up to auditions, it’s difficult to find anything new to talk about during the off season. 

*Disclaimer: Due to work, I’ve had about 2 hours sleep in the last 48 hours. I blame my extreme tiredness if my thoughts make no sense. 

• Love 13
5 hours ago, DCCland said:

This board is so quiet this year usually there are a lot more activity by now especially with auditions this weekend! What happened to everyone? lol 

Because of Kelli, or CMT, or whoever and their control freak tendencies, a lot has changed.  Everything is on hold, or hidden for the show.  The girls don't seem to post like they used to.  They have DCC IG accounts that have virtual cobwebs.  TPTB seem to forget that a few well placed nuggets of truth/gossip will bring in the fans and keep us on the edge of our seats.

And now, it's crickets:/

• Love 8
6 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

But for whatever reason, it’s all a big “secret” right now. I’m guessing to drum up excitement? 

Yeah this is a big reason for me. It seems obvious to me that vet retirements are being kept a secret on purpose. Like, if it's the girls themselves I understand. But we're in the last week of April and so far nada. I have no idea why they think kipping retirements will "drum up excitement."

Here's an idea. If you want to keep some hidden, that's fine. But they've played their hand way too early with this. Most of the newer girls, through fans messaging them, have said they're coming back. But, to be honest I don't really care that much. I care about the S13 ones the most. You're telling me that out of the 12 of them, who saw Brennan and Hannah getting cut, not one has at least in private said she's done? I'm not playing these games. I'm a full-grown adult, and crap like this isn't "exciting" or "fun," it's frustrating and boring. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, DCCland said:

This board is so quiet this year usually there are a lot more activity by now especially with auditions this weekend! What happened to everyone? lol 

When there is no information there is nothing to talk about.

Just like the audition period of last year, not a lot of activity in here, which was in stark contrast with the audition periods of past years: one could follow what was happening almost every hour!

Now there is 0 (zero) information.

I doubt that last years cutting of humanitarian, fashionista, neurosurgeon and best dancer that has ever lived, Brennan, has anything to do with it. As if Kelli hasn't being making dumb decisions the past 15 years plus!

DCC: Making The Team is finding more new viewers every year around the world.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, DCCOracle said:
  • Suddenly caring about diversity & inclusion in a racially tense year.

while going out of their way to bash kristin's racial justice-themed solo, heavily conceal its music and message, and make her look like a clown for it lol

8 hours ago, Kamal said:

Wonder why Gina and Taylor broke the rule even though they are senior vets.

what rule?

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, vanillagum said:
9 hours ago, Kamal said:

Wonder why Gina and Taylor broke the rule even though they are senior vets.

what rule?

Announcing whether they are re-auditioning are not. I guess we will never know if K really gave out orders not to announce them or not. Some rookies and some from the 2019 class have confirmed they are coming back but from the more senior classes only Gina and Taylor have confirmed they are coming back.

• Love 1

Anyone else checking out the DCC Instagram stories at draft day? Definitely a few vets I don’t in the performance, like maddie or Tess. Also it looks like Alora Rose is in very front... I think TBT must read this board haha. 

• Love 1

Okay, just got caught up on this thread (right in time for auditions, haha).

1: I saw some posters mention that “things in Texas are open, they could do standard auditions”, but just because things are open there doesn’t mean that encouraging a group of “400 ladies” to fly in from around the world to audition is a great idea in a pandemic. Also, this way Kelli can still act like they have massive global appeal. I think if it were in person they’d have 150-ish people from the DFW area only and could basically just forego prelims. 

2: Finals is for sure necessary, because I do believe that 3 out of the 4 vet cuts (Hannah is so awesome and had neverrrrr been on the chopping block even once) last year may have happened at finals, if it existed. Don’t waste a vet’s time. They owed all four of them more than that. It’s just cruel.

3: Have we complied a list of the vets who have officially said they’re returning? In my read-through I found Gina, Taylor J., Kelcey, and Lisa. Anyone I’m missing?

4: I doubt the show will go away until VK finally does. They wouldn’t want to lose even a second of the chance to show her A++++++++++ self being given point, leadership, cover girl, etc.

Edited by allitator
My phone refused to accept that “Kelcey” was actually spelled like that
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Survivor197 said:

Anyone else checking out the DCC Instagram stories at draft day? Definitely a few vets I don’t in the performance, like maddie or Tess. Also it looks like Alora Rose is in very front... I think TBT must read this board haha. 

That was not alora I was there last night it was show group with jayln and McKenzie added in 

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
(edited)

Just doing a checking to see what is what...as this is NFL draft weekend. The cowboy organization was sitting in a conf room that was plain on Thursday night... for once I can say I missed the glam and glitter..

And just like the players , I'm sure there are some wonderful college dancers who will be rising up hopefuls into the ranks of professional teams..

1) What is the latest on the tryouts/TCC process - is it back to pre-covid , like last year or something else ? Not all of how they did it during covid was bad. I like that the TCC had some dances learned before arriving.. And I like having a few rehearsals with just them before the vets come.

2) If tryouts are like last year - is the  general feeling is not to watch the show - esp. live , anymore ?  I still hang onto the fond memories of the lively episode thread while the show was airing..

3) Any updates on if CMT will be airing another season? If so, what is the date ?

Edited by sATL
16 minutes ago, sATL said:

Just doing a checking to see what is what...as this is NFL draft weekend. The cowboy organization was sitting in a conf room that was plain on Thursday night... for once I can say I missed the glam and glitter..

And just like the players , I'm sure there are some wonderful college dancers who will be rising up hopefuls into the ranks of professional teams..

1) What is the latest on the tryouts/TCC process - is it back to pre-covid , like last year or something else ? Not all of how they did it during covid was bad. I like that the TCC had some dances learned before arriving.. And I like having a few rehearsals with just them before the vets come.

2) If tryouts are like last year - is the feeling the same  in that the general feeling is not to watch the show - esp. live , anymore ?  I still hang onto the fond memories of the lively episode thread while the show was airing..

3) Any updates on if CMT will be airing another season? If so, what is the date ?

Thats their war room !! Semi and Prelims are online !! Finals in person at the stadium in June 14-16 training camp to follow in Dallas 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, sATL said:

I hope CMT renews for at least a couple more seasons beyond covid (or they get picked up by a different outlet), what a horrible way it would be to end on season 15. It was AWFUL.

I feel like Kelli and Judy are in if for at least a couple more seasons, but their retirement seems hovering in the not so far distance. I could see them slowly transitioning to a guest roll like Kitty does. A LOT of former DCC would want their jobs, I bet. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

I hope CMT renews for at least a couple more seasons beyond covid (or they get picked up by a different outlet), what a horrible way it would be to end on season 15. It was AWFUL.

I feel like Kelli and Judy are in if for at least a couple more seasons, but their retirement seems hovering in the not so far distance. I could see them slowly transitioning to a guest roll like Kitty does. A LOT of former DCC would want their jobs, I bet. 

CMT could do like some other networks and spawn off a "+" version...

7 hours ago, sATL said:

I imagine they would. It doesn't seem like it costs them a lot plus its one of their most popular original programming

• Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, sATL said:

CMT is owned by Viacom, so Paramount+ includes CMT programming - old and anything new

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 1

Kristin Dodd to reaudition. 

I really, REALLY hope she doesn’t get cut this season, but I still wouldn’t be shocked if it happens. 

A4D51BEF-04AF-49FF-A61D-78C31735815B.png

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 1/27/2021 at 5:40 PM, Lexusprincess said:

Retirement list

Maddie. 5 years is enough.  Time to go and experience life outside the DCC bubble that has occupied her entire adult life including the year she prepared for her comeback.  If she's holding on for Pro Bowl, my bet is her co-point is going to get that one.  

Tess. a great 5 years, awesome kicks.  Time to move on.

Lexie. years on the Mavs and 4 years on DCC time to move on with her adult life.  She made show group and this year a leader so she's done well.  She's married and time to enjoy some nights with hubby instead of practice all the time.

Savannah- years with the jets and then DCC.  She is probably never going further than she's gone.  Great ambassador especially with the military but time to go forward.

Rachel A. Please do not go.  Personally I hope she stays another year and makes the team with her buddy Tori who I believed got robbed this year.  And they give Rachel A a leadership position which she deserved this year.  She would make a great person for appearances to speak.

Rachel W. Please stay.  Hope she makes point again and group leader.  As Melissa and Scott said, everyone loves her.  

Gina-she's already said she's coming back.

Briana- Time to move on.  Her body is clearly aging and slowing down and although she has style and class 3 years DCC and then her time with the Titans time to go.  I know she was injured in the dance off but that was not her best at all.  I truly think trying to hold on in your 30's is just that trying to hold on.  

Kristin.  read the handwriting on the wall move on.  Her posts now backpedaling after her blasting them for comments that I know I have heard worst was not a good look.  

Alanna.  I'm on the fence but her engagement may cause her to leave and I think she's achieved all she can.

Jalyn- I would say she's gotten as far with them as she is going to go and move on.

Alora Rose. please do not come back.  You are Kelli's project and next year will not be as easy.  Please speak to Morgan and Meredith

Kat- either grow up and lose the ditziness because that is not attractive in an adult woman and dance better or leave.

Personally I hope we see 10 or more retirements so we can see girls move up and new girls make their dreams come true.

I can't take another year of Kat.  She's not Beyonce; she's not any prettier than most of the other girls in my opinion.  But, her mouth moves her down on the pretty slide.  She says the most inappropriate things, seems a bit uneducated, not polished, immature...kind of ...ignorant.  Why she made the team has always been a question.  Don't get it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
On 5/1/2021 at 12:57 PM, sATL said:

The show isn't going away.  It's CMTs most watched show.  And the revenue is important to Charlotte.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 1/27/2021 at 7:08 PM, onthebubble said:

I loved Bret! I hope she auditions againI can’t remember if it was S14 or S13 but I want UCLA Katy to try out again too 

Me too.  I love Katy.  Brett got cheated but I don't think she'll be back.  Hope Maddie retires.  Enough already.  Kristin....I wouldn't stay if I were her, but.  

On 1/28/2021 at 12:03 AM, Holly85 said:

Lisa told me she is coming back 

Lisa sent me a photo with a long note on the back; really sweet

8 minutes ago, dccfan1957 said:

The show isn't going away.  It's CMTs most watched show.  And the revenue is important to Charlotte.  

hmmm ....I guess I didn't feel that way last year..

maybe it was the first in a line of shows that was trending toward the bottom.

• Love 2
On 1/29/2021 at 3:55 PM, Tuxcat said:

I'm sure she's nice. She doesn't present as 'mean girl," though she seems to hold some ideology that excludes entire groups of people. I do wonder how it is that "Scott the weatherman" actually knows her heart though. How often is he around these girls?

Scott needs to go.  What gives him expertise to judge anything but rain? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
On 2/4/2021 at 9:23 AM, vanillagum said:

I know they're chomping at the bit to cite vaccination statistics and infection rates as far into the future as they can possibly wait in order to a do a regular season lmao

God, last season was so depressing and weird. I could watch this show as background endlessly, but this season just makes me feel uneasy. The nonsensical PPE/hygiene theater, the massive advantage the rookies got, the veteran massacre, the fact it shouldn't have happened at all, really...it's not fun

Last season was awful.  It was the first time I didn't purchase a DCC season on Amazon.  Not worth the money.  The fake bubble..all of it. Awful.  Felt so bad for Lilly and the other 3 who were sacrificed to make room for rookies.

• Love 13

I was wondering if maybe they will cut Kristin quietly, like just not make it back to finals, the remembered that Vets don't audition til finals. 

I just don't see this year going well for her.

• Love 8