Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

15 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Kelli's emotional intelligence has been deactivated for so long, being director and having people doing her bidding, that she is not able to take a step and understand what is actually coming out of her mouth. That scene with her religious person with the singular purpose in trying to bait Shaina to spill her emotions on the shows, was really bad taste and not best practice HR wise.

that was so disgusting 

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Bigorangecatmom said:
19 hours ago, PollyHowell said:

Shaina's a gorgeous girl and a great dancer; I'm sure she can find a dance home elsewhere that doesn't involve exploitation of her personal life.

This. 100%. 

Have you seen her with her new brunette hair? She looks really good.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Hard to believe she's the same person...

image.thumb.png.9d7d8e07997cb40d5baaed1eddca629f.png

I think she'd have been a great DCC, I can't really remember why she was cut to be quite honest! I love that cut and colour on her too but I loved the ginger too (and previous pics of her blonde looked amazing too)! She's like Emma Stone, looks incredible with any hair colour!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

I think she'd have been a great DCC, I can't really remember why she was cut to be quite honest! I love that cut and colour on her too but I loved the ginger too (and previous pics of her blonde looked amazing too)! She's like Emma Stone, looks incredible with any hair colour!

Photogenic, great body, looks amazing with any hair color, professional when there is personal tragedy, mature and discreet when her potential employer is tacky and exploitative.

To TPTB - way to pick em. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Bigorangecatmom said:

Photogenic, great body, looks amazing with any hair color, professional when there is personal tragedy, mature and discreet when her potential employer is tacky and exploitative.

To TPTB - way to pick em. 

The fact that she didn't suck up to Kelli or let her exploit her friends deaths is what killed Shaina's chances.  The fact that Madeline Salter looked like Victoria, was a legacy, and danced about the same or better than Victoria is what killed HER chances to make the squad.  As long as Victoria's there, Madeline S will NEVER be on the squad.  Come on, Kelli.  Prove me wrong.  I dare you.  After all, you put less talented and less attractive girls on the squad.  

• Love 14
7 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

The fact that she didn't suck up to Kelli or let her exploit her friends deaths is what killed Shaina's chances.  The fact that Madeline Salter looked like Victoria, was a legacy, and danced about the same or better than Victoria is what killed HER chances to make the squad.  As long as Victoria's there, Madeline S will NEVER be on the squad.  Come on, Kelli.  Prove me wrong.  I dare you.  After all, you put less talented and less attractive girls on the squad.  

Speaking of "less talented" girls who made the team this past year thanks to the lack of proper kickline, jumpsplit, field entrance, new choreography every night, etc...which of the current rookies do y'all think will get cut this year? Especially in training camp, not just at finals.

• Useful 1
33 minutes ago, DCCFan2021 said:

Speaking of "less talented" girls who made the team this past year thanks to the lack of proper kickline, jumpsplit, field entrance, new choreography every night, etc...which of the current rookies do y'all think will get cut this year? Especially in training camp, not just at finals.

Assuming they all return:

Alora-Rose might get swallowed up on the field (I actually like her but she's not great in the DCC style or very powerful) but her kicks might keep her there

Jada wasn't very powerful either and her kicks will have to be exceptional to be on the 50 yard line

Sydney looked like she needed to up her stamina. I think DCC dance more than other teams and in a more energetic style (I might be wrong, we see very little of any cheerleaders in the UK)

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, DCCFan2021 said:

the least liked rookies from fans (us people on primetimer) is Alora-Rose and Sydney. Source Which not so popular DCC do you like Poll.

Unfortunately Alora-Rose did online classes for DCC so I don't think she will get cut. I feel like doing an online class for DCC is a big deal. I think Alora-Rose will get a "she became a stronger dancer" storyline just like Kat did this year.

Sydney is a goodbye.

Edited by Kamal
  • Love 2

I know the 4 vet cuts was a year ago so all the arguments are over but I was looking through last years 2020 audition speculation page and found @Kitkatkitty 's post very interesting.

Usually they take about 45ish girls into camp and only about 8 extra rookies than they have spots for (if the final team is 36 which isn't always the case). So if this was a normal year there would have been 15 TCC, not 21. Take covid into account I would have only taken the 10 best to training camp.

the reason for taking 20 girls to training camp unlike a regular year would be...

1. They needed more girls for drama since shorter training camp
  2. They weren't sure of their new audition process so they took more than usual.
  3. They were already planning on cutting Brennan, Hannah, Lily (not to mention Meredith but I consider her cut valid) so they needed at least 4 more girls.
  • Useful 8
  • Love 2

The obvious choices for me are Alora-Rose and Sydney. I know that Jada can be forgettable in terms of the girls that are on the team, but her leg kicks are *chef's kiss* so I would trade Jessica (who is even more forgettable in my opinion) over Jada. 

If we are looking at vets, based on last year I would predict Kristen and Briana getting cut if they decide they are not retiring. So, I'd predict 5 vet cuts.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Kamal said:

the least liked rookies from fans (us people on primetimer) is Alora-Rose and Sydney. Source Which not so popular DCC do you like Poll.

Unfortunately Alora-Rose did online classes for DCC so I don't think she will get cut. I feel like doing an online class for DCC is a big deal. I think Alora-Rose will get a "she became a stronger dancer" storyline just like Kat did this year.

Sydney is a goodbye.

I also predict that Alora-Rose will get the "look how great she is" storyline because Kelli won't want the audience to question last years decision. 

There was this great video of Darian, Sydney, Armani and Jada dancing together on Darian's Instagram page (I don't know how to attach specific links). I usually find Jada to be too tall and colt like but they all look in sync to me. Looks fun dancing together. I know Armani is close to Ashlee and Kat. I've seen Jada at a lot of prep classes. I doubt they cut Darian given her NFL family. Sydney could be at risk because I can't figure out if she's invested.

The other rookie that is forgettable to me is Jessica. I always forget her. But again, Kelli won't want to admit being wrong last year. 

So I predict no vet cuts. I think they will (off camera) encourage retirees like Kristin, Brianna... and then just fill the retirement slots. They'll focus on the girls that tried out last year and didn't make it. And they'll probably add in some puff pieces about retirement to fill content.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

So I predict no vet cuts

Has there been a year without vet cuts?  I highly doubt there won't be any. Vet cuts are usually great for drama, which is what they like. I don't really know much about this squad but from what I read on this forum, most of the new rookies weren't that great... If they are doing an old-style training camp, it remains to be seen how many  of them will survive finals and training camp when they have to meet true DCC-standards....

12 hours ago, Kamal said:

Unfortunately Alora-Rose did online classes for DCC so I don't think she will get cut.

Didn't Brennan do some special welcome for the rookies last year? She was cut anyway, so I wouldn't put it past Kelli to spare A-R because of the online classes.

Oh and they cut Hannah, who was in show group every single year...

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

Has there been a year without vet cuts?  I highly doubt there won't be any. Vet cuts are usually great for drama, which is what they like.

In the history of the show, only season 5 had no vet cuts at finals (ignoring the most recent season as there weren't any finals), although in season 6, Olivia Stevanovski's cut at finals wasn't shown. Seasons 5, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, and 15 had vet cuts in TC, although in season 5, Amy Reese's cut during TC wasn't shown.

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Kamal said:

so all the arguments are over

🤣🤣🤣

We are still arguing over if Brooke should have made the squad back in season 1!!  So bring any new arguments, opinions, discussion, etc to the party:)

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

🤣🤣🤣

We are still arguing over if Brooke should have made the squad back in season 1!!  So bring any new arguments, opinions, discussion, etc to the party:)

Sometimes the argument is with myself (especially since Pluto.tv came to be):

1st time watching Season 1: C’mon Brooke you can do this! You are my favorite!

2nd time: Oh, well, I can definitely see why Kelli had some reservations about Brooke. 

7th time: How did Brooke EVER make this team? She’d NEVER be able to make the team now. 

150th time: OMGEE, I miss Brooke! We need more girls like Brooke on the current squad!

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

Brooke showed 'promise', was coachable and had leadership ability. Combined with the weight loss she was an excellent risk that paid off. 

I liked Brooke at first but when I found out she was a top mean girl I stopped liking her !!! 

• Love 6

I can’t wait until auditions start in like 2 weeks! Maybe then the girls will start announcing if they are retiring, hoping for a Maddie retirement announcement! I def think they are keeping it secret this year because of all the drama from last year cause when else have they ever not announced who’s retiring!

• Love 5
On 3/24/2021 at 1:33 AM, Leila2 said:

ON 3/3/2021 AT 4:54 PM, MANC.UK.DCCFAN SAID:

Personally I can’t stand Marissa and don’t understand the huge hype surrounding her. Major ambassador risk. The interview she did recently was all organised and sorted via her mother. Someone who didn’t want to be named messaged me giving me some of the tea. Marissa is not loved by all at home or in her local community I can see Tina getting miffed if Marissa starts getting more spotlight than Victoria.

Ooh, what's the tea about Marissa, the  lack of love for her in her hometown,  and her mom making her an ambassador risk ?  I didn't quite understand but it sounds interesting. . . 

Apologies! I’ve not been on here since I posited this I think! If you still want the tea on that without me giving away too much so the person can be identified I’ll happily private message you and tell you

On 3/28/2021 at 8:08 PM, Lona said:

I for one am worried for Kristin. I love her but last season's BLM drama makes me think maybe K&J just don't like her. 🙁

On 3/28/2021 at 9:11 PM, scorpio1031 said:

I would say that once Kristin spoke up and showed the whole solo, is when K&J probably realized this gal doesn't drink the kool-aid.  That may help her at this year's auditions cause fans will be waiting to see how she is treated.  OTOH, she may just move on.

I’m worried for Kristin, I think she’ll be a vet for the block, which is a shame as she seems genuinely lovely! 

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

I’m worried for Kristin, I think she’ll be a vet for the block, which is a shame as she seems genuinely lovely! 

Did anyone see Kristin's "commercial" on Instagram. It's like a mini-movie on "what it takes to be an NFL cheerleader" and how she wants to help others achieve their dreams. She just posted it a few days ago. I couldn't decide if it was a semi-retirement "supporting her business/moving on to help others type message" or a "I'm a NFL cheerleader and I'm here to stay" type message.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I liked Brooke at first but when I found out she was a top mean girl I stopped liking her !!! 

How come this does not surprise me at all about Brooke? Can someone spill the old tea please, I missed this!

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, TB12 said:

How come this does not surprise me at all about Brooke? Can someone spill the old tea please, I missed this!

If I am remembering the old forums correctly, she was one of the first fan faves and it went to her head.  Got away with a lot, didn't treat rookies very well. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Holly85 said:

No hasn’t been confirmed 

Wonder if that’s partly why they’re holding off on retirement announcements? She’ll really want the show this year l remember that being brought up in the forums last year 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Wonder if that’s partly why they’re holding off on retirement announcements? She’ll really want the show this year l remember that being brought up in the forums last year 

The end of year banquet should be soon - maybe they will announce them then?  Contracts should be ending soon too, unless she plans on not letting them get on with their lives until the show airs whenever, which wouldn’t surprise me🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Was looking at the Denver Broncos audition site to see when finals were which was April 17.  It said there were scholarships available for prep classes based on need. Said 100% of requests would be granted ensuring finances were not a factor in anyone who was excited to prepare for auditions.  

Can’t see DCC being this magnanimous!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18
6 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

The end of year banquet should be soon - maybe they will announce them then?

Maybe they will show us some of the end of year banquet. That's why they are keeping the retirements quiet. Last year we got to see a glimpse of the banquet since it was on zoom. A lot of fans were happy to be able to see the girls celebrate Bridget and Kelcey so maybe they got the idea from last year. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

Was looking at the Denver Broncos audition site to see when finals were which was April 17.  It said there were scholarships available for prep classes based on need. Said 100% of requests would be granted ensuring finances were not a factor in anyone who was excited to prepare for auditions.  

How expensive are prep classes though? Aren’t they only like $25

32 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

Does anyone have a list of people who are attending the DCC Audition Intensive this weekend? I'd love to see some fresh faces on my IG!

They didn’t post anything !!!!! Its already over !!! I know ashlinn and Claire d was there cause Claire posted a picture of them two together 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

They didn’t post anything !!!!! Its already over !!! I know ashlinn and Claire d was there cause Claire posted a picture of them two together 

Would love to see Ashlinn make the team!!  Claire D - I don't know:/

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Would love to see Ashlinn make the team!!  Claire D - I don't know:/

I am with you.  Claire D just hasn't got the face.  Sorry.  Now, my little sweetie Ashlinn.  Fingers crossed.  One of my points of judgement is my 26yo son.  Let's just say he doesn't really care about the dancing :).  Even though he generally doesn't care for blondes, Ashlinn was his standout last year.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Tulip86 said:

That's a lot of money that not everyone can spare

25 dollars...

With outfits ranging in the triple digits, 25 dollars is an amount everyone can spare.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Woah Ashlinn looks so different to me with her lighter brows. 

E1D94444-64CE-487E-A65B-850DD4089012.png

Edited by Spunkyyy
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Spunkyyy said:

Woah Ashlinn looks so different to me with her lighter brows. 

E1D94444-64CE-487E-A65B-850DD4089012.png

she looks so much better lol

also, claire, sis...hang it up. i’m surprised she made it to camp in the first place, her face is kind of masculine

but marissa is there with her face so

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, vanillagum said:

she looks so much better lol

also, claire, sis...hang it up. i’m surprised she made it to camp in the first place, her face is kind of masculine

but marissa is there with her face so

I remember being impressed with Claire D's audition video from last year. But her facial features when she's dancing are....not the best, to the point where it kinda put me off completely. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and say that the producers made her look bad for TV purposes so I am all for her auditioning again. Hopefully she took the criticism from last year and improved on it. 

As for Ashlinn, I have been a fan of her from the beginning and in my opinion has the DCC look, so if she auditions again she better make the team this year. Fingers crossed.

• Love 4
On 4/24/2021 at 6:41 AM, cherryblossom said:

Could you imagine if DCC treated their training camp candidates like the Cowboys treat their football training camp? Housing them, feeding them, medical care. It would truly level the playing field for the girls who have to work and support themselves during training camp vs. the girls who are supported by their parents. I remember the Carisa Rose interview after show group auditions when she broke down emotionally about wanting to try out for show group but wanted to be available as much as possible for work to help out her family. Then there was Jasmine when TPTB told her she should take some private lessons during training camp to improve her chances and after in the locker room she said (while sobbing) taking privates would be hard because privates are expensive and I'm so poor...I'll sleep on the streets if I have to.

I also feel that this added pressure on those poorer girls that withstood it shows a greater commitment to wanting to attain their goal. That makes me pull for them more. Another reason why I don't look at this past season's rookies as true DCC. They had everything paid for in the bubble and only had to go through, what was it?...a 3 week training camp? I look at what Christina, Brennan, Lily and so many others had to go through to finally reach their goal, or Amy A who worked so hard and went through all that pressure and never made the team though she should have. They all went through physical, mental, emotional and financial stress for at least one full training camp and for some multiple training camps. No insult to this past years rookies, it wasn't their fault that it was a "pseudo" training camp. But all those girls who went through a real training camp were steeled by the fire and truly earned their positions. After that standard, anything else produces a less than "world class" squad. JMHO. 

Edited by Trulyadorkable
Added commentary
  • Love 15
On 4/24/2021 at 6:41 AM, cherryblossom said:

Broncos finals wasn’t that date that’s when they announced who made it to finals !! Broncos haven’t set a date for final auditions 

On 4/25/2021 at 4:14 PM, Lunacat said:

A good way for teams to invite diversity to their squad is to remove barriers that would preclude all qualified applicants to try out and rock it. 

Maybe I'm terribly wrong with my observations here but it seems to me that the group of people who show up for prelims are quite diverse. They just do not seem to make it to training camp... Now is it the barriers that stop qualified dancers or is it because for years, the organisation could not see past the Texas blonde, blue-eyed girls??

As for my thoughts on removing barriers: The biggest barrier in my opinion is the still pretty meagre pay in exchange for a disproportionally big amount of your time which severely limits you in professional job opportunities.  Over the years, we have seen many girls who tried to juggle fulltime jobs with training camp. Think of missed extra dance classes during the day or no time to rehearse what was taught they day before because of work. And most failed to make the team.

So unless you have rich parents, a wealthy sponsor or husband or won the lottery, you are simply not going to make it....

• Love 13

*sigh*  So I can see there being a consensus slowly creeping in about this year's rookies.

I want to preface my thoughts with saying this: I DEPLORE the poor decisions TPTB have made this past season. I HATE how they treated Brennan, and I was absolutely ENRAGED with them cutting Hannah. And don't even get me started on how they treated Kristin Dodd. I firmly believe the organization should've made-do with only vets this season and left newbies for the next season. I don't agree with some inclusions on this year's team (Alora-Rose, Marissa on SG). And to be honest, like many here I've felt a disconnect with this year's rookies. 

However ... 

I just can't see myself getting on board with the whole "These rookies are not true/real DCCs." These ladies have worked very hard to get to where they are now. Yes, it was a different path than those before them. And their experiences may not even mirror those rookies who make it this year. However, I feel there's a big difference between saying;

A.) "These rookies had it easy this season. I wonder if they would've made the team in a regular year" or "I can't believe Marissa/Alora-Rose/etc. made the team. They should've just kept all the vets." 

and 

B.) "I don't like the choices Kelli, Judy, Charlotte and CMT made this year. So therefore  these 11 are not real DCCs." (Again, I know that's not the thought process for everyone. It's just an example.) 

It just comes across so demeaning to these 11 ladies who really HAVE worked hard. Now, I'm not saying I support them or even like them as DCCs. But make no mistake, I consider all 11 rookies to be Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. They wear the uniform. They have a locker. They'll have the rings. They are Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. 

• Love 22