Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

16 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

Photo of group 1 from the banquet last night. Taken from DCC page on Facebook 

Supposibly Maddie did an insta live before to announce her retirement, I can't seem to find it but it's mentioned in the comments on this photo.

Screenshot_20210504-150142_Facebook.jpg

I would kill for their bodies, but those dresses look terrible. Who is the blonde on the left? She looks heavy. The only dress I like is the navy blue one with the spaghetti straps that's on the women to the blonde woman's left.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

If it's based on just my hopes and not necessarily feasibility, then I would prefer Michelle Keys or Jennifer Alexis to come in and replace Judy. I think both of them would complement Jenn K as a director really well.

I'd love Michelle or Jennifer Alexis to replace Judy. They could breathe new life into the squad.

I've never liked Jenn K , but it does look like they are positioning her in a way that might be director. She just always seemed too cocky for me especially when she would talk about show group. She could be quite lovely in person. It's hard to tell with the edits.  Melissa Wallace should have been point and I've said that a lot, but she totally should have been point. Best dancer (IMHO) that they ever had.

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, Pucca said:

Melissa Wallace should have been point and I've said that a lot, but she totally should have been point. Best dancer (IMHO) that they ever had.

YES, 1000 times. YES.

• Love 15
7 hours ago, LilyD said:

Pondering on your thoughts here...

Do I mind Jenn being fairly conservative? Not really as long as she doesn't use it to brainwash young girls. In a way, I actually quite like the conservative but sexy dcc mix. 

I love the very conservative Cougarettes but hate their tracksuits. And I can easily see the DCC move towards Hooters-sexy with a wrong director (Wasn't it Jerry Jones himself who once discussed 2-piece swimwear or something to dance in? or that beer commercial?)

Oh and puzzled about your closing remark? How do we make DCC more female?

I wrote the original and you’re quoting it from the person who quoted me and they cut off on the part where I said female progressive. Not more female 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, filishtay said:

I wrote the original and you’re quoting it from the person who quoted me and they cut off on the part where I said female progressive. Not more female 

Ah now it makes sense! Thanks for explaining it. 

2 hours ago, Pucca said:

I would kill for their bodies, but those dresses look terrible. Who is the blonde on the left? She looks heavy. The only dress I like is the navy blue one with the spaghetti straps that's on the women to the blonde woman's left.

McKenzie  and she looks  pregnant. Definetely  not a flattering photo

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, StellaCL said:

I don't see them hiring someone outside of the DCC circle. Denise has grown on me, but she seems like she might be a bit polarizing, like a Kitty lite.

I would love Charm to do it, she had that comment one season where she believes in building candidates up, not down. But she is also outside the DCC circle, and lacks any cheerleader type experience. I totally see Judy retiring first, and Kelli going for a more passive coreographer so she can still reign supreme without anyone stepping on her toes. I am not pushing for their retirements either, but it probably will happen within a few years.

Unless they retire at the same time, if they bring on a former DCC for either role that girl would be working with the people who were once her coach. You'd need a strong personality to manage that. I loved Jenn C when she came! She was super positive towards the girls, so maybe she could choreograph.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, BABA4 said:

McKenzie  and she looks  pregnant. Definetely  not a flattering photo

Wow I didn't notice that until I saw your post and went back to look, she definitely looks preggers! I'm laughing bc I have a vision of Veruca encouraging her to eat milkshakes to keep the focus off her bc that pic from the draft dancing Veruca def looks like she's been hitting the drive thru... 

• LOL 1
(edited)
42 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Wow I didn't notice that until I saw your post and went back to look, she definitely looks preggers! I'm laughing bc I have a vision of Veruca encouraging her to eat milkshakes to keep the focus off her bc that pic from the draft dancing Veruca def looks like she's been hitting the drive thru... 

Edited by Holly85
Never mind

Has anyone thought of what Judy's replacement help wanted ad would say?  Wanted:  an attractive lady with energy experienced in teaching choreography to a variety of eager young ladies hoping to be one of America's sweethearts (often imitated never equaled).  Must know lines on a football field.  Preference given to those able to sit on a stool and not say a word, but training is available for those lacking experience.  Occasional head nods not penalized.  Only those with high kicks need apply.  

• LOL 19
(edited)
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Has anyone thought of what Judy's replacement help wanted ad would say?  Wanted:  an attractive lady with energy experienced in teaching choreography to a variety of eager young ladies hoping to be one of America's sweethearts (often imitated never equaled).  Must know lines on a football field.  Preference given to those able to sit on a stool and not say a word, but training is available for those lacking experience.  Occasional head nods not penalized.  Only those with high kicks need apply.  

😂 Yes! We are ALL tired of taking pretty girls who can’t kick. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

"Desire to practice nepotism a must, should the chance arise." 

Edited by Lona
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Pucca said:

Melissa Wallace should have been point and I've said that a lot, but she totally should have been point. Best dancer (IMHO) that they ever had.

Preach it! She's my fave all-round DCC ever! There isn't a style of dance she doesn't suit. Sure, she had tonnes of tricks but her dance foundations were solid too. 

• Love 11
(edited)
On 5/2/2021 at 9:19 PM, Kitkatkitty said:

Woo! Finally finished up my MA thesis and I back just in time for auditions baby.

Here is a list of girls that have been going to Jen's prep classes and some went to the stadium intensive. I have also combined with the girls mentioned previously (thanks @PepperM for your list!). They may or may not be auditioning:

By the way Jaycie (made training camp last year but deferred) announced she will NOT be auditioning this year 

Tori Skillings (@toriskillings) - TCC 2020

Cassie Schroeder (@cassieschroeder) - TCC 2020 (confirmed audition)

Ashlinn Maze (@ashlinnmaze) - TCC 2020 (confirmed audition)

Claire Doolin (@whoop_claire_it_is) - TCC 2020 (confirmed audition)

Shannan Slattery (@shannanslattery) - TCC 2020

Gina Marie Campagna (ginamariecampagna) - TCC 2019

Madeline Salter (mmadeline.grace) -TCC 2019

Kennedy Jo Wright (@kennedyyjo) - Semifinalist 2020

Kelsie Kunkel (@kels.renae)

Lindsay Barnes (@lindsaymbarnes)

Abby Stockton (@abby_stockton_)

Sarah Parton (@sarahraquel1_)

Elaney Dominguez (@laney_christine)

Crystal Rose (@crystalssglamour)

Alexa May (@alexamay13)

Madison Renee (@madisonreneeee_) - Finalist 2020 but then dropped because she got into law school (I think?) so not sure if she is re-auditioning 

Ali Floyd (@alifloyd)

Megan Erickson (@ohmymegann_) 

Bre Sweeny Harker (@breharker)

Megan (@dolanmeganm)

Lauren Brummett (@lauren_brummett)

Anna Kate Sundvold (@annakatesundvold) (Caroline's sister- she's still in college)

Madisyn Daniel (@madisyn_daniel)

Lindsay Marie (@lindsaymbarnes)

Amanda Howard (@amanda__howard)

Aria Celine (@ariaceline)

Natalie Hillman (@nataliehillman23)

Kennedy Stanley (@kennedyystanleyy)

Bailey Riley (@_baileyryley)

Shawnee Weatherley (@shawnee.weatherley)

Darian Tisdale (@itsdariandarling)

Brittany Elle (@thebrittanyelle)

Katelyn Pittman (@_katelynpittman_) - Finalist (or semifinalist?) 2020

Kristn Theriot (@krystn_theriot)

Hallie Reggio (@reggiohallie)

Shelby Ranley (@shelbytyler_)

Aysia Watson (@asiachanelle)

Kylie (@ksnydz2711)

Brooke Marvel @brookemarvel

Trinity Tyson (@ttmiles19)

Amber Laiche (@amberlaiche)

Florence Quick (@florencequickly)

Jourdan Blight (@jourdan_blight)

Hannah Kalchthaler (@hannahlizkal)

Melanie Parker (@Melpark111)

Annellyse Munroe (@annellysemunroe)

Macey Jordan (@maceytjordan)

Riley Berger (@riley.berger)

Tanner Fant (@_tanfan_)

Erin Erxleben  (@erinerxleben)

Kristyn Theriot (@krystn_theriot)

Haygan Haynes (@haygan.haynes)

Shelbey Ranly (@shelbytyler_)

Congratulations on your MA, @Kitkatkitty! And thanks for this list!

On 5/3/2021 at 3:27 PM, LilyD said:

I'd say Kelli overstayed her welcome... It's time she moves on and let others lead the DCC onto the field for two very obvious reasons:

• The DCC has been doing the same for years and years, nothing new or exciting. Just a continuous recycling of the same moves and dances.
  • Her dancers have become so much better (trained dancers/technically schooled) over the past 20 years, yet the current squad is not near as impressive and fun as the squads of, let's say 10 years ago...

Bring in Jennifer if you ask me! (Yes, I am a Jenn Amburn fan...)

I agree that Jenn A seems the likeliest future replacement for Kelli on our radar at this point. I would prefer her in the director role over choreographer any day, as I'm not really a fan of her choreo. She's also highly professional, impeccably trained, and a bossypants, so the hat fits well, probably. Whenever K &/or J are ready to retire, it would be cool to see the transition year(s). I'm imagining a more involved on-screen assistant director or assistant/associate choreographer where we get to see the shadowing, having them in on consultations with K & J frequently, testing out/practicing taking over (overseeing events, input at auditions, taking on Judy's job of selecting skimpy swimsuits--haha), and talking heads about how the transition process is working. After all this time, handing over the reins of either position would be a big deal and production.

Now, I'm not here to defend Kelli by any means, but I will say that the DCC have risen in profitability over the years and surely are as or more financially viable than they've ever been, and that probably counts for more in the eyes of the Cowboys organization than anything else. They might be in the "if it ain't broke, don't mess with Texas" category, if you know what I mean. And for me, I wouldn't say that squads a decade ago were more fun or impressive, in my eyes. It may have been more fun to watch (to your point) because the many dances they did/still do were 10 years younger (jeez) than they are now, but I still find most of the ladies to be very talented and fit and overall to be equally or more technically trained and skilled performers.

Edited by M1977G
  • Love 6
On 5/3/2021 at 3:51 PM, Trulyadorkable said:

I'm happy to see some others who think Jennifer Amburn would be a good choice as a future new director. I was actually expecting some blowback when I first suggested her as a Kelli replacement as I had seen many negative comments from others in regard to her. But I just think she has the dance experience, maturity and personality for such a position.

What I haven't seen is any comments on who I had mentioned to be a good replacement for Judy. I know Denise Dicharry is not a former DCC, but that is one of the reasons I thought she might be good in that she would bring some new creativity to the DCC repertoire.

I wasn't pushing for Kelli & Judy to retire, just making conjecture on who I thought might make good replacements when the eventuality occurs. And no disrespect to Shelley Bramhall who would also make a great head choreographer though I don't know that she would bring as much new creativity as Denise D.

I'm one that has no desire to see Jenn Amburn as Kelli's replacement ~ ever.  I've always seen her as pretentious, extremely judgmental towards others on her conservative views and unwilling to bend or understand. I can't see her being flexible or having any vision of a girl "being a work in progress aesthetically".  I've tried throughout the years to like her and give her a chance thinking my opinion may be too harsh......but nope, she confirms my opinion of her constantly. 

I've never been impressed from seeing the solos she has choreographed, they always seem Meh.  As the director, I'm aware that she obviously wouldn't be choreographing routines, but I assure you just as Kelli does, she has the final say. 

Just my honest opinion

• Love 16
On 5/4/2021 at 6:11 AM, vanillagum said:

sydney is an interesting one. she seems older, more reserved, and less peppy and bubbly than the others based on what we saw on the show. i can see her not really getting into the whole DCC cult culture. she seems distant

If Sydney does retire, what a bummer to have your only season be performing on the touchdown decks.  They work so hard just to make the team.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, go4luca said:

If Sydney does retire, what a bummer to have your only season be performing on the touchdown decks.  They work so hard just to make the team.

Some teams didn’t even get to be in stadium at all they made videos and had them played during the game 

(edited)
17 hours ago, KoKo said:

I'm one that has no desire to see Jenn Amburn as Kelli's replacement ~ ever.  I've always seen her as pretentious, extremely judgmental towards others on her conservative views and unwilling to bend or understand. I can't see her being flexible or having any vision of a girl "being a work in progress aesthetically".  I've tried throughout the years to like her and give her a chance thinking my opinion may be too harsh......but nope, she confirms my opinion of her constantly. 

I've never been impressed from seeing the solos she has choreographed, they always seem Meh.  As the director, I'm aware that she obviously wouldn't be choreographing routines, but I assure you just as Kelli does, she has the final say. 

Just my honest opinion

I couldn't like this any more if I had to! The way you describe her above she suddenly reminds me of Kelli! I would loathe her as a replacement actually I already loathe her for all the reasons you described #unimpressed

Edited by TB12
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
33 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Some teams didn’t even get to be in stadium at all they made videos and had them played during the game 

Yes, I am aware.  But I can't imagine one year on the touchdown decks compared to a season performing on the field.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Yes, I am aware.  But I can't imagine one year on the touchdown decks compared to a season performing on the field.

Hopefully this season they will but it’s all up to the nfl if they can or not 

• Love 1
On 5/4/2021 at 1:45 PM, TB12 said:

Agreed, I would not watch a show with Kashara and Jenn, Kash is just too over the top for me in a not trying too hard but really trying too hard and Jenn just strikes me as a know it all and I don't love her choreo. I doubt kelli is going anywhere anytime soon she seems drunk on power...

Why am I picturing another reboot of “The Odd Couple”? “Can two former DCCs share a team without driving each other crazy?”

• LOL 7

Who was the assistant choreographer in season 13 or 14 in a later episode where Kellie asks her opinion about cutting a veteran. She was like "I don't like it, I understand it."

What was her name? She is an assistant choreographer right?

6 minutes ago, DCCOracle said:

The girl on the right? That's Jen A.

vlcsnap-2021-05-05-20h24m46s047.thumb.jpg.ab0a4d61493c447b487eead03b64d832.jpg

Yup she was talking abt vet cuts 

So I started thinking abt who the other 7 that are retiring !! Here is who I think it might be 

Maddie 

lexie 

tess 

savannah 

daphne 

Bri 

amanda 

2 hours ago, go4luca said:

But I can't imagine one year on the touchdown decks compared to a season performing on the field.

Did the rookies have to learn the field entrance or anything pertaining to being on a field?  Or was it just the dances they were sent?

1 minute ago, parrotfeathers said:

Did the rookies have to learn the field entrance or anything pertaining to being on a field?  Or was it just the dances they were sent?

They filmed in an empty stadium the entrance to be played on the jumbo screen 

32 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Yup she was talking abt vet cuts 

So I started thinking abt who the other 7 that are retiring !! Here is who I think it might be 

Maddie 

lexie 

tess 

savannah 

daphne 

Bri 

amanda 

If Bri is Brianna…she’s coming back (via DCC Reddit)

Also…Lily made it to the Denver Broncos Finals (again…via DCC Reddit)

I’m DESPERATELY trying to find out who is Retiring & I came across these important information 😆👍🏼.

Oh! Someone on DCC FB (I know…I need a life) said Madeleine/Maddie is retiring also 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, bernie2018 said:

I’m DESPERATELY trying to find out who is Retiring & I came across these important information 😆👍🏼.

Oh! Someone on DCC FB (I know…I need a life) said Madeleine/Maddie is retiring also 🤷🏻‍♂️

I wish they would spill it already lol 

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, bernie2018 said:

Where exactly on Reddit are people getting this information? The DCC Reddit hasn’t said anything about that, that I can see.

3 minutes ago, Lona said:

Where exactly on Reddit are people getting this information? The DCC Reddit hasn’t said anything about that, that I can see.

Sorry…DCCMakingtheTeam

BE9C9418-F4E0-4D82-B74D-78E0239693BA.jpeg

• Love 4
Just now, bernie2018 said:

Sorry…DCCMakingtheTeam

BE9C9418-F4E0-4D82-B74D-78E0239693BA.jpeg

Got it!. Though that does say semi finals, but I get what you’re saying and you’re right about there being a post about finals. 

But Briana coming back? I’m not seeing anything about that. 

22 minutes ago, bernie2018 said:

CEC0169F-4E00-4856-8536-367A71686E18.jpeg

Got it, thanks! 😃

But as of right now I’m taking this as speculation and not confirmation ;). 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Decided to check out the reddit thread and found this, so looks like the show is back.

Also comments that Criscilla has a Netflix show with her hubby, I have no idea who she is. Supposibly both mentioned taught at an intensive a few weeks back. 

Screenshot_20210507-064121_Chrome.jpg

• Useful 4
1 hour ago, Jesiklyn said:

Decided to check out the reddit thread and found this, so looks like the show is back.

Also comments that Criscilla has a Netflix show with her hubby, I have no idea who she is. Supposibly both mentioned taught at an intensive a few weeks back. 

Screenshot_20210507-064121_Chrome.jpg

She taught technique Tuesday classes 

On 5/4/2021 at 1:57 PM, LaurelleJ said:

If it's based on just my hopes and not necessarily feasibility, then I would prefer Michelle Keys or Jennifer Alexis to come in and replace Judy. I think both of them would complement Jenn K as a director really well.

YES!!

• Love 7
(edited)

I was browsing through Reddit and someone guessed Tess, Maddie, Lexie, Savannah, Brianna, and Amanda as being the remaining six who were retiring. In response, someone said all but two of those guesses were correct. 👀👀

also hi!!! Long time lurker finally posting, took forever to get an account approved 🤣

Edited by lazydaydreamer
Grammar
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, lazydaydreamer said:

I was browsing through Reddit and someone guessed Tess, Maddie, Lexie, Savannah, Brianna, and Amanda as being the remaining six who were retiring. In response, someone said all but two of those guesses were correct. 👀👀

also hi!!! Long time lurker finally posting, took forever to get an account approved 🤣

Oh god not Amanda....anyone but Amanda lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
31 minutes ago, lazydaydreamer said:

I'm hoping that Brianna and Amanda are the two that are incorrect, but they're also too good for the DCC and deserve to move on.  Maddie strikes me as another Jenna, a girl who started young and doesn't have any plans for her life after DCC so is hanging on as long to the DCC dream as long as she can. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, lazydaydreamer said:

I am thinking Cianna has got to be one that's not on this list. 

• Love 4