Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Trulyadorkable said:

I'm happy to see some others who think Jennifer Amburn would be a good choice as a future new director. I was actually expecting some blowback when I first suggested her as a Kelli replacement as I had seen many negative comments from others in regard to her. But I just think she has the dance experience, maturity and personality for such a position.

What I haven't seen is any comments on who I had mentioned to be a good replacement for Judy. I know Denise Dicharry is not a former DCC, but that is one of the reasons I thought she might be good in that she would bring some new creativity to the DCC repertoire.

I wasn't pushing for Kelli & Judy to retire, just making conjecture on who I thought might make good replacements when the eventuality occurs. And no disrespect to Shelley Bramhall who would also make a great head choreographer though I don't know that she would bring as much new creativity as Denise D.

I think Kashara is being primed to take over Judy who does all the actual coro while Jenna would be a good director 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Jazzhands said:

I think Kat qualifies as a "stunning looker."  I'm not a fan of her dancing, and her over-the-top personality isn't my cup of tea, but I think she's one of the most beautiful girls they've ever had on the squad. 

Kat is pretty ... but she's not a stunner to me🤷🏻‍♀️but everyone has their own opinion🤗

2 hours ago, filishtay said:

Yes! People speculating on here that Lisa (and Victoria) may have had something to do with Ashley’s cut, but they’ll always blame VK for anything bad that happens. 

I thought they got the blame for Julia’s cut??  I am so behind:)

• LOL 1
2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I thought they got the blame for Julia’s cut??  I am so behind:)

Hers too. Lisa supposedly didn’t get along with Julia and Ashley while their time on the Mavs. It seems like the Mavs girls also had a lot of tea. If only they had their own show. Had Ashley made the team, she would’ve been as polarizing as Tess

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, DCCOracle said:

Armani is a mean girl/toxic.

Tess/Caroline/Daphne (as well as Kat) got drunk in the Ozarks and were punished by sitting out one game. Somewhat confirmed since none of them were seen at the first home game.

Sydney wanted to join the team because she was following a football player around.

These were all told to us by the same person and after re-watching Season 15, I'm fairly certain I know who the leaker was. 

oh spill the tea please on the leaker or pm me!!! :-)

Someone commented on the recent DCC IG post that they're going to miss Maddie being on the team. I guess her off season injury might be to blame for her retirement if it's true

• Love 3
1 minute ago, vanillagum said:

tess is polarizing? lol

Yea I see people comment negative things about her (not to the extent they do VK and Cassie), but I run one of the DCC instagram accounts and she has a lot of supporters. Personally for me, Tess has grown me on me but I wouldn’t say she’s one of my favorites. I feel like because of Mavs stuff already said on here, Ashley would get a bit more hate than Tess, but I think many would also love her

3 minutes ago, KatieLen said:

Someone commented on the recent DCC IG post that they're going to miss Maddie being on the team. I guess her off season injury might be to blame for her retirement if it's true

I like Tess and Maddie, but I think there should be a rule where 5 years is the max

• Love 2
2 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

I think Jenna Amburn could definitely get the train back on track... so to say.  Until Kelli steps down ... there is no way the DCC can be considered world class.  

I like Jennifer Amburn and she has every quality of a leader, but she’s a bit too on the conservative side for me (not to Rachel W’s extent) and I want DCC to be more female progressive.  

• Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

Lexie isn't the most attractive either... she has some "strong features" and they need to avoid her side profile.🧐There are no "stunning lookers" on the squad right now.  There are some pretty girls, and some that are average/cute...Marissa isn't ugly but she definitely falls into the "averagely average " category.  I'm going to be anxious to see how this plays out this audition season. 

The prettiest girls on the team were from 2011 - 2014 years with Mia Greenhouse, Jacie Scott, Samantha Clark, Courtney Russ, Mackenzie Weeks, Ashton Torres, Nicole Bulcher, Kinzie Rusco, Holly Hubbard, Alexandra Gandara, Jessica Purdy, Danielle Barhold, Olivia Stevanovski, Jessica Allison, Emma Mary, and Lacey Munoz (her earlier seasons).

Then from like 2015 & 2016 not so much. I’m not saying they were ugly but most of them weren’t gorgeous to me. The girls made up with it by being such strong dancers. Only like 6 girls were stunners in my eyes

Then 2017 season to now the team has had some it’s prettiest girls ever like Savannah, Alexis, Kat, Rachel W, Briana, TCC Celinda, Lexie, Kelcey, Meredith, Sydney, TCC Tori, Dani, Khalyn, Madeline Molloy, Cianna, Alanna, TCC Amelia, and Elli.

Edited by filishtay
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, aimeelou625 said:

DCC just posted that Gina got the vet of the year. So excited for her!!!

Same.  It is tough as heck to come back from knee surgery.  I've lived it.  For that alone, I am thrilled for Gina.

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, filishtay said:

Yea I see people comment negative things about her (not to the extent they do VK and Cassie), but I run one of the DCC instagram accounts and she has a lot of supporters. Personally for me, Tess has grown me on me but I wouldn’t say she’s one of my favorites. I feel like because of Mavs stuff already said on here, Ashley would get a bit more hate than Tess, but I think many would also love her

I think the Tess stuff only started because she was group leader of Meredith, Lily, Hannah, and Brennan. And since they all got cut, there were mean girl rumors like making Lily cry. I honestly don't believe them. I know Hannah for one, posted a bunch of nice "my whole heart" things about Tess.  

I dont really believe the VK stuff either. The one possible common denominator last year was Tina - solely focused in on the girls in VK's group. She may have called a few of them grandma and that got in Kellis' head. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I think the Tess stuff only started because she was group leader of Meredith, Lily, Hannah, and Brennan. And since they all got cut, there were mean girl rumors like making Lily cry. I honestly don't believe them. I know Hannah for one, posted a bunch of nice "my whole heart" things about Tess.  

Same.  Or she just doesn't do it for you.  Tess has always blended and bored me.  We all have our likes and dislikes.  🤷‍♀️

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, aimeelou625 said:

DCC just posted that Gina got the vet of the year. So excited for her!!!

Hasnt Vet of the Year always gone to a vet who is retiring?  Heather, Bridget, Kashara?  Maybe someone has more info but my impression was that the Vet of the Year is usually in her last year... 😬

7 hours ago, go4luca said:

I guess I'm alone in my dislike of Ashley Hancock.  Girl comes across so fake to me and full of herself.  I never saw her as a "teammate".

You are not 🤗

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Stee said:

Hasnt Vet of the Year always gone to a vet who is retiring?  Heather, Bridget, Kashara?  Maybe someone has more info but my impression was that the Vet of the Year is usually in her last year... 😬

Heather got it the year before she retired

• Useful 4
(edited)

Photo of group 1 from the banquet last night. Taken from DCC page on Facebook 

Supposibly Maddie did an insta live before to announce her retirement, I can't seem to find it but it's mentioned in the comments on this photo.

Screenshot_20210504-150142_Facebook.jpg

Edited by Jesiklyn
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, filishtay said:

I like Jennifer Amburn and she has every quality of a leader, but she’s a bit too on the conservative side for me (not to Rachel W’s extent) and I want DCC to be more female 

Edited by Trulyadorkable
Removed
(edited)
3 minutes ago, DancingDina13 said:

Word is that Tess and Caroline are retiring 

? Were did  we hear that at 

Edited by Holly85
(edited)

I would think beyond Rachel A. and Maddie that Lexie and Savvy would be likely retirees. If we put Tess as a 50/50 that would leave 3-4 from 2nd/3rd year group unless there’s a one and done, like Sydney.

Edited by RileyJDR

Anyone hear if a girl named Ariana Taylor McClure is trying out/did prep classes? She seems to be friends with several DCC and seems to be a terrific dancer.  Think she’d be a good fit. 

22 minutes ago, Kamal said:

I feel like Sydney is going to retire. 

Sydney really just vanished didn't she? She hasn't posted about anything DCC related since January. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, go4luca said:

I guess I'm alone in my dislike of Ashley Hancock.  Girl comes across so fake to me and full of herself.  I never saw her as a "teammate".

I’m not fully up to date yet - only half way through page 11 so sorry if this has been responded to - 

wasn’t Ashley the one - If I remember correctly - who had someone offering to buy her way on to the DCC? And she completely bombed the quiz they take? 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, MeeMee2 said:

Sydney really just vanished didn't she? She hasn't posted about anything DCC related since January. 

But hasn’t the player she followed got his OH pregnant? She’d look a fool for staying. Although she’d look more silly leaving as it’d just prove the rumours. If she did follow him I’d stick around for at least another year. We all thought Alora was a one and done but it’s somewhere on Facebook she’s re-auditioning but until the girls confirm it themselves I’ll take it with a pinch of salt.

9 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

Supposibly Maddie did an insta live before to announce her retirement

We don't get to see another another rerun of the hip hop solo? 

Sorry Maddie.  I do think you were a great DCC.  I just got tired of that solo and think you could have done something different and more challenging.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

We all thought Alora was a one and done but it’s somewhere on Facebook she’s re-auditioning

Don't worry, Kelli will make her a one-and-done...

6 hours ago, Kamal said:

I feel like Sydney is going to retire. 

Yes please!

Has that story about her "dating' that Cowboys Player ever been confirmed? I hate to say it but she has that look in her eyes...  I didn't know either she all but vanished from the DCC stage??

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Trulyadorkable said:

I like Jennifer Amburn and she has every quality of a leader, but she’s a bit too on the conservative side for me (not to Rachel W’s extent) and I want DCC to be more female 

Pondering on your thoughts here...

Do I mind Jenn being fairly conservative? Not really as long as she doesn't use it to brainwash young girls. In a way, I actually quite like the conservative but sexy dcc mix. 

I love the very conservative Cougarettes but hate their tracksuits. And I can easily see the DCC move towards Hooters-sexy with a wrong director (Wasn't it Jerry Jones himself who once discussed 2-piece swimwear or something to dance in? or that beer commercial?)

Oh and puzzled about your closing remark? How do we make DCC more female?

20 minutes ago, LilyD said:

.  I didn't know either she all but vanished from the DCC stage??

sydney is an interesting one. she seems older, more reserved, and less peppy and bubbly than the others based on what we saw on the show. i can see her not really getting into the whole DCC cult culture. she seems distant

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Pondering on your thoughts here...

Do I mind Jenn being fairly conservative? Not really as long as she doesn't use it to brainwash young girls. In a way, I actually quite like the conservative but sexy dcc mix. 

I love the very conservative Cougarettes but hate their tracksuits. And I can easily see the DCC move towards Hooters-sexy with a wrong director (Wasn't it Jerry Jones himself who once discussed 2-piece swimwear or something to dance in? or that beer commercial?)

Oh and puzzled about your closing remark? How do we make DCC more female?

Lily D. The comment you were replying to was from another comment I was going to reply on, but I decided to delete my remarks thinking it might become political and I didn't want to get into that.

But I agree with you. I prefer the DCC to be based on ability and personality, nothing else. I too had no idea what "female progressive" would entail, but I suspect it would lead to squad choices based on things other than ability and personality.

• Love 1
(edited)
32 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

sydney is an interesting one. she seems older, more reserved, and less peppy and bubbly than the others based on what we saw on the show. i can see her not really getting into the whole DCC cult culture. she seems distant

She's been on a few videos (I think I saw her on the one with Crisella) and there was one where she was dancing with Darian, Armani and Jada.  But yes she seems like she doesn't need DCC to be her whole existence. Not sure if that translates to retirement or not.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMTc_Klp1MS/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Trulyadorkable said:

What I haven't seen is any comments on who I had mentioned to be a good replacement for Judy. I know Denise Dicharry is not a former DCC, but that is one of the reasons I thought she might be good in that she would bring some new creativity to the DCC repertoire.

I wasn't pushing for Kelli & Judy to retire, just making conjecture on who I thought might make good replacements when the eventuality occurs. And no disrespect to Shelley Bramhall who would also make a great head choreographer though I don't know that she would bring as much new creativity as Denise D.

I don't see them hiring someone outside of the DCC circle. Denise has grown on me, but she seems like she might be a bit polarizing, like a Kitty lite.

I would love Charm to do it, she had that comment one season where she believes in building candidates up, not down. But she is also outside the DCC circle, and lacks any cheerleader type experience. I totally see Judy retiring first, and Kelli going for a more passive coreographer so she can still reign supreme without anyone stepping on her toes. I am not pushing for their retirements either, but it probably will happen within a few years.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

I don't see them hiring someone outside of the DCC circle. Denise has grown on me, but she seems like she might be a bit polarizing, like a Kitty lite.

I would love Charm to do it, she had that comment one season where she believes in building candidates up, not down. But she is also outside the DCC circle, and lacks any cheerleader type experience. I totally see Judy retiring first, and Kelli going for a more passive coreographer so she can still reign supreme without anyone stepping on her toes. I am not pushing for their retirements either, but it probably will happen within a few years.

Jenn to replace Keli and Kash to replace Judy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, erikaelvis said:

Jenn to replace Keli and Kash to replace Judy.

Off the bat, I like this choice and it totally makes sense if it happens one day. But the problem I have is that I don't want a TV show around them.  I know I'm in the minority here...but as much as I like Kashara, I can only take that woman in small doses. Kash can be a bit... much.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, RileyJDR said:

I would think beyond Rachel A. and Maddie that Lexie and Savvy would be likely retirees. If we put Tess as a 50/50 that would leave 3-4 from 2nd/3rd year group unless there’s a one and done, like Sydney.

Rachel W.  I haven't seen anyone mention her name, any word?
I feel like she might be retiring. 

I think one rookie retirement as well. Probably Sydney. 

1 hour ago, MeeMee2 said:

Off the bat, I like this choice and it totally makes sense if it happens one day. But the problem I have is that I don't want a TV show around them.  I know I'm in the minority here...but as much as I like Kashara, I can only take that woman in small doses. Kash can be a bit... much.

Agreed, I would not watch a show with Kashara and Jenn, Kash is just too over the top for me in a not trying too hard but really trying too hard and Jenn just strikes me as a know it all and I don't love her choreo. I doubt kelli is going anywhere anytime soon she seems drunk on power...

• Love 7

If it's based on just my hopes and not necessarily feasibility, then I would prefer Michelle Keys or Jennifer Alexis to come in and replace Judy. I think both of them would complement Jenn K as a director really well.

• Love 9