Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

(edited)
6 hours ago, dccfan1957 said:

I can't take another year of Kat.  She's not Beyonce; she's not any prettier than most of the other girls in my opinion.  But, her mouth moves her down on the pretty slide.  She says the most inappropriate things, seems a bit uneducated, not polished, immature...kind of ...ignorant.  Why she made the team has always been a question.  Don't get it.

You forgot the fraternizing with players that it was rumored her and Sydney were doing.

She does seem to think herself all that and a bag of chips but I agree with you in the just not getting it, would be high on my cut list as she seems to be such a liability.

Edited by Jesiklyn
  • Love 4

Several new posts since last I checked, so lots to comment on.

I'm very happy to see that this years finals and TC will be the standard format we have come to expect. It allows for two things:

1) A normal finals (one full jam-packed day) and a full training camp (of 8 weeks) allows for so much more time for many things to occur that can become good material for story lines, tangential backstories, drama and the occasional funny or embarrassing moments that make for many entertaining episodes. All of that was missing last year and it is what makes the show as it gives us so much to comment, compare and argue about. Hah!

2) I want (need) to see everyone go through the rigors of a full training camp so I can feel like all of them truly earned their spot in the same way that so many in the past  had to endure. I've mentioned that in some previous posts in regard to last season's abbreviated (and less rigorous) format. I know others have disagreed with my thoughts on that and that's fine, but 33 years ago I successfully went through a very difficult program that created a very high standard for those who endured. And over the years I have witnessed how making the program less challenging has created a much lower standard and a now much less regarded program. If DCC truly wants to be "world class" they have to keep the standards high. JMHO. 

Someone casually mentioned that Kelli and Judy are probably getting close to retirement which brings up thoughts on their replacements. Here are my thoughts. Jennifer Amburn in Kelli's position. I know, not popular among many of you but I saw in her someone who would uphold and maintain those standards I spoke of above. I think she also has great dance ability and instincts and could quickly master good managerial skills.

Denise DiCharry in Judy's head choreography position. I like her teaching technique and I think she really knows how to get the girls motivated. 

I think these two would create a formidable team and be able to produce and maintain a top tier squad.

Would love to hear your thoughts.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, vanillagum said:

kristin, sis...i really hope she doesn't get embarrassingly cut

Wow, I am surprised, especially with her fiance moving to another state. Kinda makes me love her more. Hopefully K&J had enough backlash on social media that the target will be removed from her back. 

On 1/27/2021 at 2:40 PM, Lexusprincess said:

Retirement list

Maddie. 5 years is enough.  Time to go and experience life outside the DCC bubble that has occupied her entire adult life including the year she prepared for her comeback.  If she's holding on for Pro Bowl, my bet is her co-point is going to get that one.  

Tess. a great 5 years, awesome kicks.  Time to move on.

Lexie. years on the Mavs and 4 years on DCC time to move on with her adult life.  She made show group and this year a leader so she's done well.  She's married and time to enjoy some nights with hubby instead of practice all the time.

I love Maddie. She's at a crossroads, though. She reminds me of Jenna - is there adult life after DCC? I wouldn't mind if she stayed another year, I am still a fan.

I am neutral on Tess. We never get to see her dance, or much less on the show!

Lexi- YES. Seriously, yes. Her look is the same, it's this painted on smile with the same heavy hair hanging down around her face. I never saw why she was one of K&J's favorites until I saw some youtube clips recently - she gives really solid performances, K&J can always count on her. Now I guess I am more neutral.

I would like to add Taylor. I thought she would be cut way back in her rookie season. She's an okayish dancer, but she is outshone by many others around her.  I am not sure why her spot is so guaranteed, yet they were so hard on Hannah, Kristin, Brennan, Tara, even Dayton. I would be the least sad to see her retire.

5 hours ago, dccfan1957 said:

I can't take another year of Kat.  She's not Beyonce; she's not any prettier than most of the other girls in my opinion.  But, her mouth moves her down on the pretty slide.  She says the most inappropriate things, seems a bit uneducated, not polished, immature...kind of ...ignorant.  Why she made the team has always been a question.  Don't get it.

I think Kat is a knock out, and hope she returns. She checks a lot of marks and season 15 screamed of we need more diversity on the team! Charlotte getting in her comment in the last espisode about loving Syndey's more curly hair, which came right after an article where Jacie was quoted about not being allowed to have natural hair as a DCC.  It's all PR. I agree btw, they do need more diversity on the team. I don't think Kat is necessarily safe, but if she brings it, Kelli and Charlotte will keep her. Maybe the producers will have her sort of disappear into the background like many DCC we never get to see for the sake of avoiding repetiveness. That is probably my least favorite part of the show, excessively highlighting one person (Vivian, Morgan, Meredith) and you never get to see at least half the team and what makes them so good that they earn a spot.

Edited by StellaCL
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, Trulyadorkable said:

Several new posts since last I checked, so lots to comment on.

Someone casually mentioned that Kelli and Judy are probably getting close to retirement which brings up thoughts on their replacements. Here are my thoughts. Jennifer Amburn in Kelli's position. I know, not popular among many of you but I saw in her someone who would uphold and maintain those standards I spoke of above. I think she also has great dance ability and instincts and could quickly master good managerial skills.

Totally agree Jennifer Amburn is a likely Kelli replacement. She is a good speaker, has the poise, knows what she is doing. I didn't like her as point so much, but she would be good in this role. 

• Love 7
(edited)
14 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

I would like to add Taylor. I thought she would be cut way back in her rookie season. She's an okayish dancer, but she is outshone by many others around her.  I am not sure why her spot is so guaranteed, yet they were so hard on Hannah, Kristin, Brennan, Tara, even Dayton. I would be the least sad to see her retire.

isn't she good friend's with kelli's daughter? 

she seems nice and cool but i find her boring as hell, in looks and dance. i mean she's pretty but not a dcc knockout type. maybe i haven't seen her dance enough to make a valid assessment but yeah

edited to add: she reminds me of tess, a super tall and almost gawky brunette that fades into the background lol

14 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Wow, I am surprised, especially with her fiance moving to another state. Kinda makes me love her more. Hopefully K&J had enough backlash on social media that the target will be removed from her back. 

On 1/27/2021 at 4:40 PM, Lexusprincess said:

yeah, it's incredibly surprising. i thought her fiance's job in nola would totally make her retire. kind of shocked she's sticking around to keep doing it despite the fact he's gone and that she's had such a rough go of it

Edited by vanillagum
  • Love 6

Woo! Finally finished up my MA thesis and I back just in time for auditions baby.

Here is a list of girls that have been going to Jen's prep classes and some went to the stadium intensive. I have also combined with the girls mentioned previously (thanks @PepperM for your list!). They may or may not be auditioning:

By the way Jaycie (made training camp last year but deferred) announced she will NOT be auditioning this year 

Tori Skillings (@toriskillings) - TCC 2020

Cassie Schroeder (@cassieschroeder) - TCC 2020 (confirmed audition)

Ashlinn Maze (@ashlinnmaze) - TCC 2020 (confirmed audition)

Claire Doolin (@whoop_claire_it_is) - TCC 2020 (confirmed audition)

Shannan Slattery (@shannanslattery) - TCC 2020

Gina Marie Campagna (ginamariecampagna) - TCC 2019

Madeline Salter (mmadeline.grace) -TCC 2019

Kennedy Jo Wright (@kennedyyjo) - Semifinalist 2020

Kelsie Kunkel (@kels.renae)

Lindsay Barnes (@lindsaymbarnes)

Abby Stockton (@abby_stockton_)

Sarah Parton (@sarahraquel1_)

Elaney Dominguez (@laney_christine)

Crystal Rose (@crystalssglamour)

Alexa May (@alexamay13)

Madison Renee (@madisonreneeee_) - Finalist 2020 but then dropped because she got into law school (I think?) so not sure if she is re-auditioning 

Ali Floyd (@alifloyd)

Megan Erickson (@ohmymegann_) 

Bre Sweeny Harker (@breharker)

Megan (@dolanmeganm)

Lauren Brummett (@lauren_brummett)

Anna Kate Sundvold (@annakatesundvold) (Caroline's sister- she's still in college)

Madisyn Daniel (@madisyn_daniel)

Lindsay Marie (@lindsaymbarnes)

Amanda Howard (@amanda__howard)

Aria Celine (@ariaceline)

Natalie Hillman (@nataliehillman23)

Kennedy Stanley (@kennedyystanleyy)

Bailey Riley (@_baileyryley)

Shawnee Weatherley (@shawnee.weatherley)

Darian Tisdale (@itsdariandarling)

Brittany Elle (@thebrittanyelle)

Katelyn Pittman (@_katelynpittman_) - Finalist (or semifinalist?) 2020

Kristn Theriot (@krystn_theriot)

Hallie Reggio (@reggiohallie)

Shelby Ranley (@shelbytyler_)

Aysia Watson (@asiachanelle)

Kylie (@ksnydz2711)

Brooke Marvel @brookemarvel

Trinity Tyson (@ttmiles19)

Amber Laiche (@amberlaiche)

Florence Quick (@florencequickly)

Jourdan Blight (@jourdan_blight)

Hannah Kalchthaler (@hannahlizkal)

Melanie Parker (@Melpark111)

Annellyse Munroe (@annellysemunroe)

Macey Jordan (@maceytjordan)

Riley Berger (@riley.berger)

Tanner Fant (@_tanfan_)

Erin Erxleben  (@erinerxleben)

Kristyn Theriot (@krystn_theriot)

Haygan Haynes (@haygan.haynes)

Shelbey Ranly (@shelbytyler_)

• Useful 8
  • Love 12

Great list @Kitkatkitty

Re: Kristin. She did major damage control after she called out K and J. She was posting a lot about how thankful she was for DCC and Charlotte and blah blah blah. She may have even personally talked to K and J afterward and they likely reassured her that she is a valued member of the "sisterhood."

So, she may get a pass because K and J could potentially get backlash if they cut her - given what they did to her last year. That could save her.

Or Kelli could be chomping at the bit to spin this web and maximize the Kristin arc and cut for drama. 

Either way, she answered the question. So perhaps there is no gag order after all

• Love 3

I wonder why jacyie isn’t auditioning this year I thought she got a pass to training camp since she didn’t want to go last year due to Covid? And still no retirement announcements? Omg I cannot 

• Love 3
(edited)
10 minutes ago, DCCland said:

I wonder why jacyie isn’t auditioning this year I thought she got a pass to training camp since she didn’t want to go last year due to Covid? And still no retirement announcements? Omg I cannot 

She said God wasn't finished with His plans for her in ...blanking... wherever she is now. I guess once He's finished with her there, she will try out.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

You forgot the fraternizing with players that it was rumored her and Sydney were doing.

i completely forgot about that mess! the beginning of tc last year feels like it was forever ago.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

She said God wasn't finished with His plans for her in ...blanking... wherever she is now. I guess once He's finished with her there, she will try out.

And then we will see the plans Kelli has, or doesn't have, for her since she postponed moving to Dallas.....twice

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

Also seems to be a dancer similar to Arora Rose, with the showgirl and gogo girl costumes 

And got to travel the world as well which I think is so cool

• Love 2

I would guess Rachel A. is retiring based on language on her Insta post tonight referencing four amazing years and the best teammates with an I love y’all thrown in. I hope she stays active on social. Seems so genuine and some of the best DCC hair ever🤣🤣 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

Yeah it’s over now!!! 

Just been trolling through social media and a few have posted their placenames which are the little crystal DCC picture of themselves but no one else has posted the big framed photos which makes me think leaving gift.

• Useful 5
5 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

Just been trolling through social media and a few have posted their placenames which are the little crystal DCC picture of themselves but no one else has posted the big framed photos which makes me think leaving gift.

Her wording is what makes me think she is out 

• Useful 1

I really like Kennedy Stanley and I hope she tries out.  Tanner Fant was someone I mentioned I would like to see try out too.  Tanner just announced she was withdrawing from the Miss Mississippi 2021 contest which would mean she wouldn’t have a conflict with training camp. However she apparently has danced on cruise ships in the past and it seems may have an opportunity to do so again. 🙁 I hope Shannan Slattery doesn’t try out again because I think her exit from TC last year likely made a negative impression on Kelli and Judy. Lol 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Lynnbo said:

I really like Kennedy Stanley and I hope she tries out.  Tanner Fant was someone I mentioned I would like to see try out too.  Tanner just announced she was withdrawing from the Miss Mississippi 2021 contest which would mean she wouldn’t have a conflict with training camp. However she apparently has danced on cruise ships in the past and it seems may have an opportunity to do so again. 🙁 I hope Shannan Slattery doesn’t try out again because I think her exit from TC last year likely made a negative impression on Kelli and Judy. Lol 

Shannan is really pretty and I liked her, but I’d rather have someone who dreamed about being a DCC not someone who wanted “to just try it out”

• Love 1

I want Ashley Hancock to come back and make the team. Her 2019 training camp she came as friends with Alexis and Lexie and now it seems as if she’s become good friends with so many more of the girls on the team such as Savannah, Kat, Gina, and Tess, so I’d love for her to get the chance to cheer with them. I’ll always be sad that she and Alexis never will be able to be DCCs together. I also want Julia Fife to come back and cheer with Tori Skillings from last season cause she also plans on coming back and they’re best friends through Mavs. If Julia comes back and Scott Padgett is a judge, I wonder how he’ll feel about her cause he was so mad over her media interview last time. That Lindsay Brady girl made Chiefs cheer which I’m happy for her but kind of sad that she didn’t come back to DCC. Also, I want Dayton to come back and it’ll always low key bother me that VK made the team before she did (not that I’m hating on VK). Also do you guys if it’ll be too late for Sam Finglass to audition? She’s been part of the audition process such as judging and being able to watch auditions. In one of the podcasts, she spoke about how she decided not to try out, but she’s still young enough to change her mind. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, filishtay said:

I want Ashley Hancock to come back and make the team. Her 2019 training camp she came as friends with Alexis and Lexie and now it seems as if she’s become good friends with so many more of the girls on the team such as Savannah, Kat, Gina, and Tess, so I’d love for her to get the chance to cheer with them. I’ll always be sad that she and Alexis never will be able to be DCCs together. I also want Julia Fife to come back and cheer with Tori Skillings from last season cause she also plans on coming back and they’re best friends through Mavs. If Julia comes back and Scott Padgett is a judge, I wonder how he’ll feel about her cause he was so mad over her media interview last time. That Lindsay Brady girl made Chiefs cheer which I’m happy for her but kind of sad that she didn’t come back to DCC. Also, I want Dayton to come back and it’ll always low key bother me that VK made the team before she did (not that I’m hating on VK). Also do you guys if it’ll be too late for Sam Finglass to audition? She’s been part of the audition process such as judging and being able to watch auditions. In one of the podcasts, she spoke about how she decided not to try out, but she’s still young enough to change her mind. 

Julia moved to New York 

Edited by Holly85
11 hours ago, StellaCL said:

That is probably my least favorite part of the show, excessively highlighting one person (Vivian, Morgan, Meredith) and you never get to see at least half the team and what makes them so good that they earn a spot.

I don't watch the seasons with Vivian, Morgan or Breelan.  But Meredith just seems so innocent I don't mind her at all.  

• Love 2
17 hours ago, dccfan1957 said:

I could. not agree more I do not understand their fawning over Kat like she's so wonderful she's immature, a mediocre dancer and could be easily replaced. She's a person i could never truly believe what she is saying bc it all seems so fake...

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

Rachel confirmed she is retiring along with 7 other ladies. She wouldn’t give their names as she felt they should announce it themselves. 

• Love 7

god i'm so sick of this secrecy, just let us know already, damn

not @ing rachel or the other ladies because she's right, they should announce themselves, but they've clearly been told to stay hush for whatever reason. so annoying

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
(edited)
4 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

god i'm so sick of this secrecy, just let us know already, damn

not @ing rachel or the other ladies because she's right, they should announce themselves, but they've clearly been told to stay hush for whatever reason. so annoying

Maybe they aren’t ready to share yet !! The end of the year party was just last night give them time 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Maybe they aren’t ready to share yet !! The end of the year party was just last night give them time 

don't we know of retirements before this point though?

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

https://instagram.com/erinerxleben?igshid=1azff87m24y6p

This girl could be interesting, says she's auditioning on the DCC Phil post but seems to split time between Texas and UK where her fiance is... 

Also seems to be a dancer similar to Arora Rose, with the showgirl and gogo girl costumes 

Screenshot_20210503-160651_Instagram.jpg

She also posted last year that she tried to apply but got the timing wrong, so who knows if she'll get her app in on time this year 

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, BABA4 said:

Rachel confirmed she is retiring along with 7 other ladies. She wouldn’t give their names as she felt they should announce it themselves. 

With the crazy Kelli vet cuts that could be 12 rookie spots!

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

With the crazy Kelli vet cuts that could be 12 rookie spots!

Which vets should be shaking in their boots? Guess we can't answer that yet until we know retirements. But leave it to Kelli, she knows how to stir up the drama. Though, I'm of the mindset that Kristin will get a redemption pass. 

5 hours ago, filishtay said:

I want Ashley Hancock to come back and make the team. Her 2019 training camp she came as friends with Alexis and Lexie and now it seems as if she’s become good friends with so many more of the girls on the team such as Savannah, Kat, Gina, and Tess, so I’d love for her to get the chance to cheer with them. I’ll always be sad that she and Alexis never will be able to be DCCs together. 

Is Ashley Hancock the one that was a total ringer from the Mavs and got the boot super early on? I really liked her too, assumed there was some behind the scenes issues that they chose not to show. Her cut made zero sense from what we were shown on the show IMO. But at least she had years of cheering with Lexi and Alexis on the Mavs! 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I guess I'm alone in my dislike of Ashley Hancock.  Girl comes across so fake to me and full of herself.  I never saw her as a "teammate".

You are not alone!

• Love 14
27 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I guess I'm alone in my dislike of Ashley Hancock.  Girl comes across so fake to me and full of herself.  I never saw her as a "teammate".

Thank you! I thought I was the only one who saw her like you did! She seemed like she thought she was a shoo in because of her friendships with the girls and for some reason she seems like a mean girl to me... 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

she just looks super plastic to me and her kicks were really bad

there was clearly something going on behind the scenes tho because her cut was so quick and harsh

• Love 9
5 hours ago, BABA4 said:

Is this the most retirements we have had in one go? 8 seems a lot.

• Love 4
On 4/25/2021 at 12:48 PM, vanillagum said:

she looks so much better lol

also, claire, sis...hang it up. i’m surprised she made it to camp in the first place, her face is kind of masculine

but marissa is there with her face so

Lexie isn't the most attractive either... she has some "strong features" and they need to avoid her side profile.🧐There are no "stunning lookers" on the squad right now.  There are some pretty girls, and some that are average/cute...Marissa isn't ugly but she definitely falls into the "averagely average " category.  I'm going to be anxious to see how this plays out this audition season. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

Lexie isn't the most attractive either... she has some "strong features" and they need to avoid her side profile.🧐There are no "stunning lookers" on the squad right now.  There are some pretty girls, and some that are average/cute...Marissa isn't ugly but she definitely falls into the "averagely average " category.  I'm going to be anxious to see how this plays out this audition season. 

I think Kat qualifies as a "stunning looker."  I'm not a fan of her dancing, and her over-the-top personality isn't my cup of tea, but I think she's one of the most beautiful girls they've ever had on the squad. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
14 minutes ago, DCCOracle said:

I've never had a real connection to Rachel A., but I'm still sad to see her go. She stayed out of trouble and we never heard any stories about her - unlike Kat, Victoria, Tess, Caroline, Daphne, Sydney, Armani, etc...

The team could use more ladies like her.

Wait what stories about Tess, Caroline, Daphne, Sydney, and Armani?

18 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Totally agree Jennifer Amburn is a likely Kelli replacement. She is a good speaker, has the poise, knows what she is doing. I didn't like her as point so much, but she would be good in this role. 

I think Jenna Amburn could definitely get the train back on track... so to say.  Until Kelli steps down ... there is no way the DCC can be considered world class.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, kalibean said:

Is Ashley Hancock the one that was a total ringer from the Mavs and got the boot super early on? I really liked her too, assumed there was some behind the scenes issues that they chose not to show. Her cut made zero sense from what we were shown on the show IMO. But at least she had years of cheering with Lexi and Alexis on the Mavs! 

Yes! People speculating on here that Lisa (and Victoria) may have had something to do with Ashley’s cut, but they’ll always blame VK for anything bad that happens. 

• LOL 1
6 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Julia moved to New York 

I thought she moved to Austin? Oh well, she also lived in LA for a short time once so I think we hope on her moving back to DTX cause she’s still in her twenties probably adventuring around her career

6 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

I think Jenna Amburn could definitely get the train back on track... so to say.  Until Kelli steps down ... there is no way the DCC can be considered world class.

I'd say Kelli overstayed her welcome... It's time she moves on and let others lead the DCC onto the field for two very obvious reasons:

• The DCC has been doing the same for years and years, nothing new or exciting. Just a continuous recycling of the same moves and dances.
  • Her dancers have become so much better (trained dancers/technically schooled) over the past 20 years, yet the current squad is not near as impressive and fun as the squads of, let's say 10 years ago...

Bring in Jennifer if you ask me! (Yes, I am a Jenn Amburn fan...)

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

I always thought Kashara was being primed to take over from Kelli/Judy but it doesn’t seem like she’s been as involved this season? Possibly due to Covid and possibly a complete misinterpretation but that’s my thoughts. 

I hope we get more inside info this year, especially with the number of spots open, it should be a great year! 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

I'd say Kelli overstayed her welcome... It's time she moves on and let others lead the DCC onto the field for two very obvious reasons:

• The DCC has been doing the same for years and years, nothing new or exciting. Just a continuous recycling of the same moves and dances.
  • Her dancers have become so much better (trained dancers/technically schooled) over the past 20 years, yet the current squad is not near as impressive and fun as the squads of, let's say 10 years ago...

Bring in Jennifer if you ask me! (Yes, I am a Jenn Amburn fan...)

I'm happy to see some others who think Jennifer Amburn would be a good choice as a future new director. I was actually expecting some blowback when I first suggested her as a Kelli replacement as I had seen many negative comments from others in regard to her. But I just think she has the dance experience, maturity and personality for such a position.

What I haven't seen is any comments on who I had mentioned to be a good replacement for Judy. I know Denise Dicharry is not a former DCC, but that is one of the reasons I thought she might be good in that she would bring some new creativity to the DCC repertoire.

I wasn't pushing for Kelli & Judy to retire, just making conjecture on who I thought might make good replacements when the eventuality occurs. And no disrespect to Shelley Bramhall who would also make a great head choreographer though I don't know that she would bring as much new creativity as Denise D.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DCCOracle said:

These were all told to us by the same person and after re-watching Season 15, I'm fairly certain I know who the leaker was. 

Who do you think it was?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jazzhands said:

I think Kat qualifies as a "stunning looker."  I'm not a fan of her dancing, and her over-the-top personality isn't my cup of tea, but I think she's one of the most beautiful girls they've ever had on the squad. 

I think that has a lot to do with her makeup as when she has done videos not wearing any she is unrecognizable.

Alexis was a stunner to me and one of her younger sisters is also a dancer who is also stunning so maybe she tries out.

• Love 2