Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Cianna took all star position 

I saw that, and it really surprises me she was invited to be an all-star, considering that she was cut from show group last year.

• Useful 6
  • Love 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, PicnicLife77 said:

Oh no, I actually don't know one way or the other to be honest. If that's a term you are comfortable with then that's perfectly fine. I am not a WoC and am only seeking to understand. All I know is that others found that term offensive and vilified the white woman who used it. But I digress. Thank you for entertaining my question 😊

The term “colored” is now mainly associated with the Jim Crow era and associated with black people (though not exclusively). People of color is meant to be an inclusive term, collectively encompassing non-white minorities. 

I’m sad to see Alanna retire. She was never featured much, but she was one of my favorites. The other retirements are not surprising to me. 

ETA: Did I see that Sydney is retiring? I’m a bit surprised at that since one and dones are not common, but I guess I can see it. She cheered in college and another NFL team. I’m sure being a DCC and a Falcons cheerleader is night and day, and perhaps she missed home or wasn’t in to the eat, sleep, breathe DCC life. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I saw that, and it really surprises me she was invited to be an all-star, considering that she was cut from show group last year.

I wonder if she stepped down due to other reasons? Do we know for sure she was cut?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

also because she was on the soft side pretty recently. not that they ever commented on it on the show but if it weren't for covid i wouldn't have been surprised if there was a weight warning 'storyline' for her. i think people here acknowledged it too? maybe it was a fever dream

but lol either way i think she's beautiful and would make a great all star. i'm surprised she didn't stay on for longer though considering her childhood/adolescent dream was to be a DCC 

4 hours ago, ByTor said:

I'm shocked CiCi was asked to be an all-star, wasn't she on WW pretty much her whole tenure? No disrespect to CiCi yet another Kelli inconsistency... 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Pucca said:

I'm sure there are instances. The one I first thought of was Jacie saying they wouldn't let her have her natural hair. Have we ever had a WOC that didn't have straight hair. I don't know what the current squad looks like so I'm not sure. I just know that I loved how awesome Jacie's hair was when she was helping teach after retiring.  How many WOC have been point? Nicole H and Mia are the only ones that I know of, but I don't know much before the show so there could totally be more. 

I haven't seen many Asian or Latino women on the team either but again, I only know the show squads up to season 12.

Rachel Wyatt is a WOC and she is point, Jenna was a WOC and was briefly point.

Selina, Alanna, Elli, Simone, Cianna, Yuko, Kristin, Lisa, Jessica and Jessika, Lacey are all Asian or Latino and those are just from the past years!

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I wonder if she stepped down due to other reasons? Do we know for sure she was cut?

I don't know, grain of salt & all that, but the information I got was that she was cut.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Pau84 said:

Selina, Alanna, Elli, Simone, Cianna, Yuko, Kristin, Lisa, Jessica and Jessika, Lacey are all Asian or Latino and those are just from the past years!

Rachel Wyatt is a WOC? Rachael the current DCC Ms America runner up Rachel? Really? Not trying to be funny bc she looks so very basic and white to me, this coming from a blonde with green eyes!

• Love 10
(edited)
38 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Rachel Wyatt is a WOC? Rachael the current DCC Ms America runner up Rachel? Really? Not trying to be funny bc she looks so very basic and white to me, this coming from a blonde with green eyes!

She may have said this because Rachel Yuki Wyatt is part Japanese.

Edited by go4luca
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, go4luca said:

She may have said this because Rachel Yuki Wyatt is part Japanese.

I had no clue, she is stunning for sure! 

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Truly you can never know someone’s full heritage by looking at them - I have auburn hair and the palest skin ever, yet my entire biological paternal family are Native American enough to live on a reservation. I have a friend who could pass for just about any ethnicity with brown hair and fair skin (Italian? Mexican? Irish?) but her fully bio sister has more of the features of their actual heritage, which is middle eastern (and has been called a terrorist a million times because some people are giant assholes.)  There are also the twins I see on social media all the time where one has dark skin and the other fair skin/red hair. Genetics are weird. 

A lot of the women listed above do not have common features of some of the ethnicities in their heritage. So as far as representation goes, I don’t know that a little girl whose parents immigrated from Asia would point at Rachel as someone who looks like her like she might have with Alyssa or Yuko or Joanna. Doesn’t change Rachel’s family history, but also doesn’t represent the “bouquet” so to speak. 

For what it’s worth, @filishtay - Jacie is my all time prettiest DCC too.  Her and Nicole Bulcher. Abigail Klein is very pretty, but looks like 1000 other ladies I graduated with at TCU so doesn’t stand out for me. We all have our preferences to be sure. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

lot of the women listed above do not have common features of some of the ethnicities in their heritage. So as far as representation goes, I don’t know that a little girl whose parents immigrated from Asia would point at Rachel as someone who looks like her like she might have with Alyssa or Yuko or Joanna. Doesn’t change Rachel’s family history, but also doesn’t represent the “bouquet” so to speak.

I agree. I am all for women representing their various ethnicities and heritages. It is refreshing to not have 36 very blonde, obviously fully European caucasian women. However, when we are looking at extending and advancing a diversity inclusion program, I'm not sure Rachel being 1/4 Japanese is all that important. Certainly not taking this identity away from her or saying it's not important. It is. But this really doesn't advance the important issues regarding inequality in the the black and brown communities. 

• Love 12

My paternal grandfather was Scot/Irish/English descent...6'3" sandy blond hair, blue eyes, very fair...my grandmother was pure Welsh...4'11" black hair, black eyes, light olive skin...they had 8 of the strangest looking kids you ever saw...every hair & eye color combination, including 2 redheads (one gray eyes, the other russet brown eyes), 3 blonds (2 light eyes, 1 brown eyes), 2 dark hair, dark eyes & one black hair/black eyes...and all their heights were different, the 5 men 5-7 to 6-3, the 3 women 4-10 to 5-7...fair skin, darker skin, freckles/no freckles...you just never know what tricks genetics has up its sleeve.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, kalibean said:

For what it’s worth, @filishtay - Jacie is my all time prettiest DCC too.  Her and Nicole Bulcher. Abigail Klein is very pretty, but looks like 1000 other ladies I graduated with at TCU so doesn’t stand out for me. We all have our preferences to be sure. 

Yes! Nicole Bulcher looks like a goddess and she does not know how to age. Abigail Klein I think was super pretty for her time as DCC like 2007 - 2009. She had the cute southern All-American girl look and was definitely one of the prettiest blondes compared to the other ones on the team with her. She couldn’t compete looks wise with today’s girls. Put 2008 Abigail to Lexie- hell even Kelcey- girlfriend will drown. If you put her on the team now, she’d almost be a blender. The funny thing is that Abigail looks younger now than she did in her DCC days. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, kalibean said:

Truly you can never know someone’s full heritage by looking at them - I have auburn hair and the palest skin ever, yet my entire biological paternal family are Native American enough to live on a reservation. I have a friend who could pass for just about any ethnicity with brown hair and fair skin (Italian? Mexican? Irish?) but her fully bio sister has more of the features of their actual heritage, which is middle eastern (and has been called a terrorist a million times because some people are giant assholes.)  There are also the twins I see on social media all the time where one has dark skin and the other fair skin/red hair. Genetics are weird. 

A lot of the women listed above do not have common features of some of the ethnicities in their heritage. So as far as representation goes, I don’t know that a little girl whose parents immigrated from Asia would point at Rachel as someone who looks like her like she might have with Alyssa or Yuko or Joanna. Doesn’t change Rachel’s family history, but also doesn’t represent the “bouquet” so to speak. 

I wonder if there are common features in ethnicities.

WOC, white, hispanic, asian: all kinds of pigeonholes that are so inaccurate, that they make no sense.

If there are whites that are not white (Rachel Yuki Wyatt), if there are hispanics that don’t speak Spanish, if there are Asians that don’t look like each other, then these words don’t make any sense.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, filishtay said:

Yes! Nicole Bulcher looks like a goddess and she does not know how to age. Abigail Klein I think was super pretty for her time as DCC like 2007 - 2009. She had the cute southern All-American girl look and was definitely one of the prettiest blondes compared to the other ones on the team with her. She couldn’t compete looks wise with today’s girls. Put 2008 Abigail to Lexie- hell even Kelcey- girlfriend will drown. If you put her on the team now, she’d almost be a blender. The funny thing is that Abigail looks younger now than she did in her DCC days. 

Just my opinion but I never thought Lexie was remotely attractive She's so generic. Her hair is wayyyyyy over processed, too long & dare I say she has harsh features. Is she ugly not at all is she the prettiest blonde in DCC history not by a long shot. . I think Abigail and Kelsey are on the same level just different hair colors. But who am I if Lexie looked at me she'd probably define my flaws too... 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
36 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Just my opinion but I never thought Lexie was remotely attractive She's so generic. Her hair is wayyyyyy over processed, too long & dare I say she has harsh features. Is she ugly not at all is she the prettiest blonde in DCC history not by a long shot. . I think Abigail and Kelsey are on the same level just different hair colors. But who am I if Lexie looked at me she'd probably define my flaws too... 

This is why I was hoping she might retire. It's the same harsh look that does not change, and she is always out front. She's a solid dancer and DCC, for sure. But I was hoping for some change up - same old, same old - it's an old look now. Guess that will now have to wait until 2022, if even then??

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

This is why I was hoping she might retire. It's the same harsh look that does not change, and she is always out front. She's a solid dancer and DCC, for sure. But I was hoping for some change up - same old, same old - it's an old look now. Guess that will now have to wait until 2022, if even then??

thanks for pointing that out, she is a solid dancer, i was hoping she'd retire as well... along that line, I taught a Spin class until covid closed the gyms. I taught every Saturday for 14 years. Every now and then I would say to the group, if you ever tire of me, please tell me I never want to be the one who stays too long to the party... ahem...

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, onthebubble said:

Intreresting that one of the comments was from someone named Madisyn who auditioned a few years ago. K  & J called her out in discussions cos they thought  something suss was going on - she looked different dancing than she did in the picture on her application

I went to high school with the Madisyn girl. She used her 2014/15 high school senior photos for a 2017 audition where her hair was blonde. She said on a IG live months after the episode premiered that the only reason why she didn’t make it past the first round was because of her photo and that she learned a lesson from the difference a two year old photo makes. She also said the same thing in her live that the girl in the YouTube video said on how Phil has the girls cheer 4-5 times really loud for the cameras. 

In the YouTube video, the girl talks about how there was this one fake girl who wasn’t nice, but once she was on camera she acted all nice and sweet. She wouldn’t say who it was but it was someone who made it past the first round at least my guess was that it’s Gina or Julia. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
20 minutes ago, TB12 said:

thanks for pointing that out, she is a solid dancer, i was hoping she'd retire as well... along that line, I taught a Spin class until covid closed the gyms. I taught every Saturday for 14 years. Every now and then I would say to the group, if you ever tire of me, please tell me I never want to be the one who stays too long to the party... ahem...

I love Lexie and I was hoping that if Maddie should share point with anyone this past year, it’d be her. I never wanted Maddie to share point to begin with. I hope point goes to Lexie. Rachel W got it too soon and she’s proven that other girls can do it better than she can like Gina, Lexie, Amber, Ashlee, and Caroline. Maddie and Tess should retire which leaves room for Lexie and Gina to be group leaders and 2 4th year girls as the other group leaders. Also, I was hoping more 3rd year girls from 2018 rookie class would retire. I know many must feel that they had a bullshit year so they’d wanna do another normal year, but still had this been a normal year more of them would retire after the 3rd year mark. The upcoming team will have 9 4th year girls and that’s too many. It’ll be like the 2011 season and the 2015 season where they’ll be too many 4th year girls due to their big rookie classes and there’ll be conflict for who should be 2nd GL. For a normal year, I’d retire Amber, Ashlee, Cianna, Daphne, Erin, Jalyn, and Taylor.

Edited by filishtay
32 minutes ago, filishtay said:

I went to high school with the Madisyn girl. She used her 2014/15 high school senior photos for a 2017 audition where her hair was blonde.

It bugged me that they were acting like she was being "shady" because she looked different on her picture. So what? If that were me, I guess Kelli would call me shady too, you damn well better believe I'd be using the best picture I could find!

17 minutes ago, filishtay said:

I hope point goes to Lexie.

It won't, but me too!!

• Love 5
On 5/10/2021 at 12:51 PM, Itswhatisaid said:

Yeah right. I think she wants people to believe she will retire. She will definitely audition again if she was on Darian’s page taking dance classes with her. She gives off attention whore energy anyway. She is absolutely auditioning again. She has nothing better to do. Her & many of the other 4-5 plus year dancers who need to give it a rest.

How does she give off "attention whore energy"?

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, ByTor said:

It bugged me that they were acting like she was being "shady" because she looked different on her picture. So what? If that were me, I guess Kelli would call me shady too, you damn well better believe I'd be using the best picture I could find!

It won't, but me too!!

True, but given what I know about Madisyn, she’s always taking pictures, she could’ve easily gotten even a professionally taken updated picture for then. 

• Love 3
On 5/10/2021 at 12:51 PM, Itswhatisaid said:

Yeah right. I think she wants people to believe she will retire. She will definitely audition again if she was on Darian’s page taking dance classes with her. She gives off attention whore energy anyway. She is absolutely auditioning again. She has nothing better to do. Her & many of the other 4-5 plus year dancers who need to give it a rest.

You seem very passionate about this! Hope for your sake your guess is right, would be really awkward if not 😂

• LOL 2
On 4/11/2021 at 1:17 PM, Jesiklyn said:

Looks like Kristin is engaged too

Screenshot_20210412-061623_Instagram.jpg

Can someone refresh my memory? Didn't he break up with her and then get back together with her after she became a DCC or something like that?

2 minutes ago, DanceDance101 said:

You seem very passionate about this! Hope for your sake your guess is right, would be really awkward if not 😂

The gal in darians videos that I’ve seen is Armani 

1 hour ago, kalibean said:

Awww, I love Lexie! So pretty, great pop and seems super sweet to boot. Wouldn’t mind seeing her at point one bit. 

I love Lexie too.  For all the reasons above.

• Love 7

Maybe it's just the kind of guy I am, but I can never understand the wishing for any girl to retire. I understand having girls who aren't necessarily your favorite, but these girls are all passionate about dancing, and if they're enjoying themselves and not causing trouble, I say more power to them, and hope they dance/remain on the team as long as they want to.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

This is a recent event I love seeing their faces and they look so excited to perform on a stage like this after so long.   👉  notice Gina is sharing point with Rachel

Sorry if this is old news -I haven't been in this forum in a few years

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Where?! Who? I’ve not read all the latest on the thread yet so sorry if it’s been answered already 

We've heard there are 8 in total but only Rachel A, Alanna and Cianna have announced anything yet. 

• Love 1
(edited)

If it's true and one of those rookies is retiring after 1 year... and 3 vets got cut last year so she could get one of their spots...

Girl, bye.

Edited by WoofDCC
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, TB12 said:

I'm  not a fan of her ... in any shape form or fashion.  I don't think she's ugly but other than her over processed hair ... she doesn't have any standout features and is just average both in looks and dance...But there are several on the current squad like that so she fits in well. 

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

This is a recent event I love seeing their faces and they look so excited to perform on a stage like this after so long.   👉  notice Gina is sharing point with Rachel

Good lord that’s a lot of blonde hair!  But the girls really do look great, not sure I like Tess front and center in the second row.

Edited by aimeelou625
14 hours ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

Maybe it's just the kind of guy I am, but I can never understand the wishing for any girl to retire. I understand having girls who aren't necessarily your favorite, but these girls are all passionate about dancing, and if they're enjoying themselves and not causing trouble, I say more power to them, and hope they dance/remain on the team as long as they want to.

I 90% agree with you on this...I think occasionally there’s just a cheerleader that’s given prominence and it doesn’t make sense. Maddie is a fan favorite and I think she’s a lovely cheerleader and human, but didn’t make sense why she was point. It would have made more sense if she was given the Jinelle treatment. Group leader, show group, didn’t hit the triangle. Amy too. 

9 hours ago, WoofDCC said:

If it's true and one of those rookies is retiring after 1 year... and 3 vets got cut last year so she could get one of their spots...

Girl, bye.

Ehhhh...I think we saw with Yuko and Meredith that TPTB will take 37 if they’re motivated. I think they had their own reasons to boot the veterans and it’s wasn’t to get a rookie on the team. And honestly, for those rookies that haven’t been drinking the DCC kool-aid their whole lives and relocated from Florida, California or Atlanta (or anywhere, really) I don’t blame them one bit for checking a box off their bucket list and calling it good. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Toni567 said:

Is there going to be a swimsuit calendar shoot this year?

No one has heard anything on that.  I know VK told someone they might do it later in the year, but that was it.

• Love 1
On 5/12/2021 at 3:53 AM, DCC.Style.fan said:

Damn! VK looks like she's back on the milkshakes!

• Love 6
On 5/12/2021 at 4:53 AM, DCC.Style.fan said:

And point girl Rachel mess-up the kick line in this video too. Of course we all know that people make mistakes. No problem.  Just the MTT show is so irritating when they zoom in on the mistakes of only the girls  they want to cut. MTT would never show beloved Rachel messing up a live performance.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

And point girl Rachel mess-up the kick line in this video too. Of course we all know that people make mistakes. No problem.  Just the MTT show is so irritating when they zoom in on the mistakes of only the girls  they want to cut. MTT would never show beloved Rachel messing up a live performance.

Or they'll show the mistake and laugh it off like it's no big deal.

*insert VK gif here*

• LOL 3
  • Love 7