Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

Y’all there is a poster on Reddit stating who is retiring but there are several of ladies on that list who have told me they are coming back information is wrong lol 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Lona said:

“Since Training Camp this past summer I knew in my heart this would be my last year.” 

Yep! 🔥🔥🔥

Oh darn…so the Reddit picture I posted of Alana staying another year was totally not true, huh?!?! 🤦🏻‍♂️😉

Anybody wanna sell me the Brooklyn Bridge while we’re at it…

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, DCCFan2021 said:

I can't keep this straight in my head, could someone post a list separating confirmed retirements, confirmed returners, and girls who haven't said anything yet?

This is from r/DCCMakingtheTeam. Credit goes to the rightful owner.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

Hey, guys?

Not trying to start a fandom war or anything but PLEASE be careful with Reddit "news."

As @Holly85 just said, sometime this hour someone posted the eight "retiring" veterans and soon enough it was deleted.

Do want to make myself clear though, nothing wrong with that chart. I love those charts LOL. 

Edited by Lona
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

I can see Briana retiring - didn’t they make her “dance for her life” last year and she has an injury? 

really, REALLY hope Amanda doesn’t retire, I’d love her to do a 3rd year and I’d like to see her as point 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

really, REALLY hope Amanda doesn’t retire, I’d love her to do a 3rd year and I’d like to see her as point 

As long as Amanda is on the team VK can't be point so hoping she stays. (Even if they choose to do two points they probably won't make both points blond so VK won't have a chance as long as Amanda stays.)

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Lona said:

Not trying to start a fandom war or anything but PLEASE be careful with Reddit "news."

Guess it pretty much sums up the biggest issue with the internet: What is true and what is fake. Anyone can post ‘breaking news’ and claim it’s true.

Generally, I feel a lot of posters out here are pretty careful; carefully checking facts and stating they’re not 100% sure or speculating. Besides, I found that quite a few things posted on primetimer were proved to be right later on! 

• Love 2
On 4/15/2021 at 12:10 PM, DCCland said:

I can’t handle the secretcy with the retirement announcements just announce them already 

This isn't going to be popular, but my choice of someone that needs to retire is Chandi.

Sweet girl and definitely pretty enough.  I'm sure she has a good personality, but you don't see it on the field.  She's blah,,,very bland.  Disappears into the woodwork.  She also can't really project sexy.    

• Love 2

Do we know who this is in the bright yellow/green top and shorts in front? She’s a great dancer and my eyes are drawn to her 

which I should point out the back two in this shot dancing in her group is Kristin & Caroline but my eyes go to her in front. Do we know who she is and if she intends to audition?

C87E6645-1C75-4D56-A6FF-C30B1DE4E333.jpeg

(edited)
38 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Do we know who this is in the bright yellow/green top and shorts in front? She’s a great dancer and my eyes are drawn to her 

which I should point out the back two in this shot dancing in her group is Kristin & Caroline but my eyes go to her in front. Do we know who she is and if she intends to audition?

Melanie Park

She's tagged in the video before that has been going to jenn's classes since at least january 2020 and is followed by Taylor J and Marissa. Lives in Dallas. Not sure how much that means in the scheme of things.

https://www.instagram.com/melpark111/

Edited by BulaKitty
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, BulaKitty said:

Melanie Park

She's tagged in the video before that has been going to jenn's classes since at least january 2020 and is followed by Taylor J and Marissa. Lives in Dallas. Not sure how much that means in the scheme of things.

https://www.instagram.com/melpark111/

I think she'd be a great DCC but she's got a look of Marissa about her (cute girl, short with blonde hair) but she looks a bit more mature.

I have to say Kristin is totally underwhelming in that video. I like her but don't love her, she's not the strongest in DCC style yet she'll be going into her third year. I mean, if Hannah can get cut for that supposedly, could she?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, JapMo said:

This isn't going to be popular, but my choice of someone that needs to retire is Chandi.

Sweet girl and definitely pretty enough.  I'm sure she has a good personality, but you don't see it on the field.  She's blah,,,very bland.  Disappears into the woodwork.  She also can't really project sexy.    

True... Never noticed that but she does kinda blend in the dances. 

BUT she is soooo cute !! She is such a fan favorite. At least in this forum. (She ranked 7th out of 36 below)

Probably not a four year girl but definitely a three year girl. We need another year from her.

image.thumb.png.0dc5d9c5d9e973c72b9bacf85f4c6b2e.png

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Lona said:

“Since Training Camp this past summer I knew in my heart this would be my last year.” 

Yep! 🔥🔥🔥

i really hope this is as pointed as we like to think it is, since she’s so close to lily lol

1 hour ago, JapMo said:

yeah now thinking about it, i don’t really find her particularly pretty. and she’s blah 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

I think she'd be a great DCC but she's got a look of Marissa about her (cute girl, short with blonde hair) but she looks a bit more mature.

I have to say Kristin is totally underwhelming in that video. I like her but don't love her, she's not the strongest in DCC style yet she'll be going into her third year. I mean, if Hannah can get cut for that supposedly, could she?

I’d actually prefer her over Marissa I think. I think she also looks more mature and although they’re similar looking - prettier. I’m not just saying that because it’s known I don’t like Marissa I genuinely mean it. I’d like to see them dance alongside each other to see who is the better dancer. I hope she does try out for DCC I’d like to see her on the show. 

• Love 1
On 5/3/2021 at 11:24 AM, kalibean said:

Is Ashley Hancock the one that was a total ringer from the Mavs and got the boot super early on? I really liked her too, assumed there was some behind the scenes issues that they chose not to show. Her cut made zero sense from what we were shown on the show IMO. But at least she had years of cheering with Lexi and Alexis on the Mavs! 

I liked her, too!  I was surprised that she and Julia were both cut (I think that was the same year?), they both seemed like shoe-ins.  Someone on here said that Ashley had flunked her test twice and that was the reason she was cut.  I'm not sure if that's true but it would make more sense than the reason we saw on the show (I think they said her kicks were low and they didn't think she needed more time).

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, aeroluv327 said:

I liked her, too!  I was surprised that she and Julia were both cut (I think that was the same year?), they both seemed like shoe-ins.  Someone on here said that Ashley had flunked her test twice and that was the reason she was cut.  I'm not sure if that's true but it would make more sense than the reason we saw on the show (I think they said her kicks were low and they didn't think she needed more time).

well julia put her foot in her mouth, badly, and i think that ruined her? 

• Love 8
(edited)
10 hours ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

I've been wondering about a Amanda retirement. She used to post only about DCC and dance on her instagram, but then that went radio silent last November, and she doesn't use her offical DCC instagram account very much. She has so much potential for a leadership role and point, but if you go by social media, she isn't feeling it anymore. 

I think Maddie and Savannah are likely retirements.

The last 4 spots are hard, I think they are likely in these names: Cici and Brianna (both really close with Alanna), Lexie, Rachel W., Amanda, and potentially one rookie. I used to think Tess and Daphne, now I am not convinced.

And just to throw this out there - I would LOVE to see a shared point with Ashlee and Amber!

I have a theory of why Rachel W. was made co-point. They had to film their entrance opposed to live performance because of covid, so they chose the photogenic supermodel to be out there up front on their "largest TV screen in the world!" Also, if this were her last year, it was their last opportunity to film her in this way and forever still use her image in replay and media. 

Edited by StellaCL
added one name
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

And just to throw this out there - I would LOVE to see a shared point with Ashlee and Amber!

YESS !! Ashlee and Amber. I love these two !! Although I really love Gina as point I feel like these two have the sass we need. (I'm not a fan of Caroline nor Rachel W)

• Love 12
27 minutes ago, Lona said:

Fascinated by some of the Chandi takes.

In a room full of gorgeous cheerleaders, former prom homecoming queens (high school AND college I imagine lol) and including the 1st runner-up to freakin' Miss America, Chandi stands out to me A LOT in terms of beauty. 

I guess the saying "beauty in the eyes of the beholder" really is true lol. 

I agree, she's beautiful but doesn't look like a typical DCC. She adds some much needed diversity and seems like a lovely young woman. A natural beauty!

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Kamal said:

YESS !! Ashlee and Amber. I love these two !! Although I really love Gina as point I feel like these two have the sass we need. (I'm not a fan of Caroline nor Rachel W)

I know this has been said before, but Gina's facial expressions kill it for me as the point. She is a phenomenal dancer. I really like how she has changed her make-up since her rookie season. I wish she would go lighter on the facial injections (not knocking them, I definitely will be getting some), but she is not alone in that group - several other DCC and former DCC have had their face change. Gina is one of the most obvious.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I can’t believe that Amanda is retiring.

I don’t want to (denial) but there is also no hard evidence.

Why would she post about the auditions?

E7FC7B85-CB1F-4C75-9E4E-5868E2335730.thumb.jpeg.028bd7a526603ace8ca2f8898c837ec3.jpeg

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

In that same series -- I still really like Armani. I don't believe the mean girl rumors and I don't care if some people say she's a little heavier. She draws my eye. There was another girl in red pants that looked a lot like her and was also very good.

ristin, I'm sorry. She's not sharp. There is something muddled or reserved in her style. Unless she gets a pass due to the controversy last year, she could be in trouble.

Lastly, I agree about Chandi. I like her and her look and I think she's a good DCC. But I didn't understand the jump to show group level last year. I don't see it.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Pau84 said:

I can’t believe that Amanda is retiring.

I don’t want to (denial) but there is also no hard evidence.

Why would she post about the auditions?

E7FC7B85-CB1F-4C75-9E4E-5868E2335730.thumb.jpeg.028bd7a526603ace8ca2f8898c837ec3.jpeg

I have a hunch when they got their official DCC instagram accounts (dcc_amanda) they were told to make a certain amount of posts, including product/sponsership ones like this. A lot of the DCC that we know are likely re-auditioning are posting daily the official media about auditions being open, and upcoming prep classes. Amanda is one of the quieter ones, for sure.

• Love 5
On 4/26/2021 at 1:26 PM, LilyD said:

Maybe I'm terribly wrong with my observations here but it seems to me that the group of people who show up for prelims are quite diverse. They just do not seem to make it to training camp... Now is it the barriers that stop qualified dancers or is it because for years, the organisation could not see past the Texas blonde, blue-eyed girls??

As for my thoughts on removing barriers: The biggest barrier in my opinion is the still pretty meagre pay in exchange for a disproportionally big amount of your time which severely limits you in professional job opportunities.  Over the years, we have seen many girls who tried to juggle fulltime jobs with training camp. Think of missed extra dance classes during the day or no time to rehearse what was taught they day before because of work. And most failed to make the team.

So unless you have rich parents, a wealthy sponsor or husband or won the lottery, you are simply not going to make it....

The DCC has a huge diversity problem and it starts right at the top. When it comes to the DCC, the Jones family STILL cannot see past the white, not-too-bright, blonde-haired, blue-eyed, submissive girl whose only goal is marriage as their ideal DCC. That standard and attitude is embraced by Kelli and Judy and Kitty, etc. I love the team and the show but OMG, if there's an organization that is MORE stuck in the 1980s in EVERY way than the DCC - from approach and attitude to diversity (lol) to appearance to uniform to style, I can't name one. Women of color are GRUDGINGLY accepted onto the team and only after they undergo far, far more scrutiny and criticism than the white women in Training Camp.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
21 hours ago, lazydaydreamer said:

I was browsing through Reddit and someone guessed Tess, Maddie, Lexie, Savannah, Brianna, and Amanda as being the remaining six who were retiring. In response, someone said all but two of those guesses were correct. 👀👀

also hi!!! Long time lurker finally posting, took forever to get an account approved 🤣

My guess would be Maddie and Lexie are staying. Maybe Maddie and Amanda? But I would expect Maddie wants to get the Pro Bowl spot this year and Lexie would want to be a group leader. I hope Tess isn't staying. It's wayyyyyyyyy past time for her to retire. (And wayyyyy past time for Maddie too, I think. Going to be interesting to see what kind of physical shape she's in for auditions.)

• Love 1
On 5/4/2021 at 7:50 AM, LilyD said:

Don't worry, Kelli will make her a one-and-done...

Yes please!

Has that story about her "dating' that Cowboys Player ever been confirmed? I hate to say it but she has that look in her eyes...  I didn't know either she all but vanished from the DCC stage??

If Alora Rose's heart truly is in NYC, I would expect she'll retire and head back east. It sounds like Broadway is planning to reopen in the fall and their audition/practice season runs about the same time as DCC to audition for and then practice for the fall shows. I'll be surprised if she stays.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 5/3/2021 at 1:42 PM, Jesiklyn said:

Is this the most retirements we have had in one go? 8 seems a lot.

Rachel A or Rachel W?

Hey folks…does anyone know how to delete a post on here? I’m kind of embarrassed now for going off track & believing another website about DCC info & posting said false info here (although I hope the one about Lily is true & she does became a Denver Broncos Cheerleader)… I guess it is true that desperation will make you do crazy things…had I been patient & waited for the retirement announcements from you posters here, none of this would have happened…I’m a guy, Patience is a skill I’m aware of, but forget all the time. Thank you for NOT attacking me for posting Reddit material though 🤷🏻‍♂️😆😂

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, bernie2018 said:

Hey folks…does anyone know how to delete a post on here? I’m kind of embarrassed now for going off track & believing another website about DCC info & posting said false info here (although I hope the one about Lily is true & she does became a Denver Broncos Cheerleader)… I guess it is true that desperation will make you do crazy things…had I been patient & waited for the retirement announcements from you posters here, none of this would have happened…I’m a guy, Patience is a skill I’m aware of, but forget all the time. Thank you for NOT attacking me for posting Reddit material though 🤷🏻‍♂️😆😂

Happens to all of us - seriously!!

The only short cut way is to go back and "edit" the post and just erase everything and then put "never mind" or "deleted." I don't know of a way to officially delete delete.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, DCCland said:

This year is so boring everything is so secret it makes me not even wanna watch the show

It’s up to the girls when they feel like announcing retirements !! But we are also use to inside information which we aren’t getting anymore 

4 hours ago, Nene said:

Women of color are GRUDGINGLY accepted onto the team and only after they undergo far, far more scrutiny and criticism than the white women in Training Camp.

Strongly disagree with that. And I am a WOC 

• Love 12

Amanda isn't posting any DCC stuff but I don't feel like she has any reason to retire. (Well I don't know anything about her life though)

Her job is dance, fitness related so I doubt she has an occupation related reason to quit. (Same goes to Jayln) 

She might want to chase her dream and become a tv star but even in that scenario she should have another year under her belt to earn more fans.

I feel like when we speculate who is retiring the girls occupation (if she works in fitness or not) is a big deal. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

Where was it posted that Amanda is officially retiring?

Nowhere to my knowledge. 

Edited by Lona
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, DancingDina13 said:

Me too. I’m also a WOC. Every since Ally Traylor, I see no different racial standards for DCC that Kelli and Judy hold. Everyone’s on the same level.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Nene said:

The DCC has a huge diversity problem and it starts right at the top. When it comes to the DCC, the Jones family STILL cannot see past the white, not-too-bright, blonde-haired, blue-eyed, submissive girl whose only goal is marriage as their ideal DCC. That standard and attitude is embraced by Kelli and Judy and Kitty, etc. I love the team and the show but OMG, if there's an organization that is MORE stuck in the 1980s in EVERY way than the DCC - from approach and attitude to diversity (lol) to appearance to uniform to style, I can't name one. Women of color are GRUDGINGLY accepted onto the team and only after they undergo far, far more scrutiny and criticism than the white women in Training Camp.

I disagree. WOC are not grudgingly accepted onto the team nor do they have it worse than white women. Name one woman or instance that proves this. Maybe the Jones family or particularly the Jones men themselves don’t desire or care for diversity and only like the blonde-haired, blue-eyed, submissive, wifey kind of girl to be a DCC, but Jerry Jones and his sons aren’t active like Charlotte is in judging the DCC (thank god). As long as the girls are there representing the brand without issues they, the Jones men, personally have to deal with, the men could care less. They have no hands in the decision making process of the team. They could, but they don’t care. Kelli, Judy, Charlotte, and Kitty do have some outdated values that set women back, but I think it’s more of a gender thing and not so much a racial issue. Yes, there aren’t many African American DCCs, but that I don’t believe is intentionally done at least not during the last 30 years under Kelli’s leadership. Not a single black DCC has spoken up against the organization for racial issues ever.  The complaints about the organization typically came from entitled white girls. Note: I mean complaints about the DCC organization itself not the show cause that’s a different story where even Judy blamed CMT for how something appeared on the show. Kelli and Judy are well aware that most people think that they only choose the stereotypical blonde hair girl for DCC, but they don’t do that. I know people hate the phrase “don’t see color” when it comes to race, but they seem to care less about color and race as long as there’s talent, looks, leadership, etc. A black girl is on the same playing field as a white girl on DCC. The only racial issue I’ve seen is when Kelli and Charlotte refer to Kat as Beyoncé which is kind of a racially tone deaf compliment that they’re probably not aware of, but once again, not racist and doesn’t change Kat’s experience from Meredith’s. They pulled for Kat and Meredith because of looks only thing is Meredith couldn’t keep up like Kat (barely) could. Technically when it comes to looks, anyone can be on the team if Ally Traylor was on the team and heavily rewarded by TPTB. They pulled for Malena as much as they could just by letting her make it into training camp in 2018 when she clearly wasn’t ready. Nothing to do with race. I know if they treated the black girls any differently girls like Jackie Bob and Jasmine would’ve definitely spoken up about this by now. I’m sure they would call out racial issues over keeping a good standing with DCC any day.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, Nene said:

If Alora Rose's heart truly is in NYC, I would expect she'll retire and head back east. It sounds like Broadway is planning to reopen in the fall and their audition/practice season runs about the same time as DCC to audition for and then practice for the fall shows. I'll be surprised if she stays.

My original post, to which you answered the above, actually referred to Sydney☺️

Edited by LilyD
Added info
3 hours ago, DancingDina13 said:

You definitely have a point here. There have been a few woc who actually had very prominent positions over the years. Nicole Hamilton, who was point, Jaycee and Jenna in the triangle and wasn’t Khalyn in the diamond? Jenna would have been point of course, if only... And they pulled really hard for Malena and Amy, though that cut was one of the most brutal if you ask me.

so I don’t believe woc are treated harsher or held to a different standard.  But I do wonder why so few from prelims make it to camp... 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, StellaCL said:

I know this has been said before, but Gina's facial expressions kill it for me as the point.

i'm not sure if you are saying you like her facial expressions or not, but for me that is the best part of Gina.  I mean, I'm not even going to bring up what a great dancer she is.  She has the ability with whatever expression she makes on the field, that it never looks stiff, rehearsed or phony.  That's a gift.  After a 3 hour game or a fan event where the ladies have to constantly be smiling and appear happy and peppy, looking fresh and spontaneous is hard, yet she seems to always pull it off.  

Don't know why she's never been chosen point, especially being passed over for Maddie, but if it hasn't happened by now, I doubt it ever will.

• Love 9
20 hours ago, Nene said:

Anyone else remember Khalyn's disappointment post (after her final season), about the lack of  DCC diversity in hiring BlPOC?  I had a screen of her comment at the time but can't find it.  I believe it was posted on a black cheerleader Insta site.  I remember it being discussed here, in this forum.

• Love 12
12 hours ago, LilyD said:

You definitely have a point here. There have been a few woc who actually had very prominent positions over the years. Nicole Hamilton, who was point, Jaycee and Jenna in the triangle and wasn’t Khalyn in the diamond? Jenna would have been point of course, if only... And they pulled really hard for Malena and Amy, though that cut was one of the most brutal if you ask me.

so I don’t believe woc are treated harsher or held to a different standard.  But I do wonder why so few from prelims make it to camp... 

Malena, Amy and Alexandra stand out for me as women who shouldn’t have made it as far as they did in camp, honestly, and part of me thinks they were kept so long as part of a “hey look how hard we tried to have diversity!” I know mileage may vary on Amy in particular, but I don’t think they ever had intentions of putting her on the squad and they wanted the story. I think she would have been fine, tho kicks were an issue, but heaven knows there have been less qualified cheerleaders that made it through. I would have taken Amy over Breelan, Morgan, etc because Amy is so pretty and has good pop.

In recent years, seems like we see a lot less of women like Nicole Hamilton, Joanna, Jasmine, Carissa, etc. who didn’t necessarily come from those privileged backgrounds, growing up in dance studios and around the pageant circuit.  Being a DCC is mostly a rich girl’s game, especially the past few years. For every Danielle, there are dozens of Laceys and Carolines.

You can’t help where you’re born, but the DCC has become a more airbrushed, glossy, Instagram reality show machine than years past, and while the talent is amazing, it isn’t as approachable as it used to be for the ladies who dreamed of wearing the boots as little kids. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
2 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Being a DCC is mostly a rich girl’s game, especially the past few years. For every Danielle, there are dozens of Laceys and Carolines.

You can’t help where you’re born, but the DCC has become a more airbrushed, glossy, Instagram reality show machine than years past, and while the talent is amazing, it isn’t as approachable as it used to be for the ladies who dreamed of wearing the boots as little kids. 

Amen.  I feel sorry for the girls that have to work a 9-5.  I don't think Kelly makes it accommodating at all for those that have to earn a living and can't manage on the +/-$4,000 that the DCC make per year.  

You mention airbrushed and glossy, and you are right.  I've watched since the first season, and yes, the quality of dancers have gone up incredibly.  In the early years, maybe half the girls didn't have any formal dance training to speak of, but had enough rhythm and grace to make the team.  Now, with the reality show feature introduced, 99.9% have already cheered in college and at least half have cheered for a pro team, not to mention spending most of their life in a dance studio. 

So yes, we're getting better performers, but now they border on professional; i.e good enough to dance in Vegas or Broadway.  How many people think Claire auditioned last year because her driving ambition was to be a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader rather than COVID dried up all the dancing jobs on 42nd Street?  It's a Catch-22.  On one hand, we're getting better quality dancers who don't take weeks and weeks to "get it".  But on the other hand, we're losing the diamonds in the rough who we can root for against all odds, because they aren't even getting to training camp.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

Anyone else remember Khalyn's disappointment post (after her final season), about the lack of  DCC diversity in hiring BlPOC?  I had a screen of her comment at the time but can't find it.  I believe it was posted on a black cheerleader Insta site.  I remember it being discussed here, in this forum.

It was discussed here, I remember seeing it. 

Disappointment is one thing, but she wasn’t saying it had to do with racism.

• Love 4