Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, aimeelou625 said:

It was discussed here, I remember seeing it. 

Disappointment is one thing, but she wasn’t saying it had to do with racism.

I never said Khalyn said it had to do with racism.  Her post reflected disappointment in the lack of diversity.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, go4luca said:

I never said Khalyn said it had to do with racism.  Her post reflected disappointment in the lack of diversity.

I feel like there’s always going to be a lack of diversity on a team were most of the women who try out are white and I think it’s sad.  

Sorry wasn’t trying to imply that you were saying it was about racism. I think I just said it from reading the previous comments.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, LilyD said:

You definitely have a point here. There have been a few woc who actually had very prominent positions over the years. Nicole Hamilton, who was point, Jaycee and Jenna in the triangle and wasn’t Khalyn in the diamond? Jenna would have been point of course, if only... And they pulled really hard for Malena and Amy, though that cut was one of the most brutal if you ask me.

so I don’t believe woc are treated harsher or held to a different standard.  But I do wonder why so few from prelims make it to camp... 

Wasn’t Mia also point?

• Love 4
(edited)

DCC just posted this on their IG stories. I think this girl Kennedy is auditioning. Just turned 18 back in January according to her IG. I thought it was Darian for a second.

Screenshot_20210508-184227_Instagram.jpg

Edited by TheGenuineBeauty
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
13 minutes ago, aimeelou625 said:

Wasn’t Mia also point?

According to weeklydcc.wordpress.com and this photo she was indeed point. She was also the center girl in the squad photo her fifth year as a DCC. I'm on my phone so sorry if the photos look bad.

Dallas_Cowboys_Squad_2013.thumb.jpg.0baa754efff66aadc203944944a329e1.jpg

"The most recent point girl was Mia Greenhouse last season.  Mia blossomed from an eager, dimple-faced rookie to one of the most recognizable and trusted members of the squad.  By her 5th season, Mia took the lead during interviews and had arguably become the face of the squad.  She is now a member of the DCC All Stars and recently assisted with choreography during auditions for the 2014-15 squad."

image8.jpg

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

Malena, Amy and Alexandra stand out for me as women who shouldn’t have made it as far as they did in camp, honestly, and part of me thinks they were kept so long as part of a “hey look how hard we tried to have diversity!” I know mileage may vary on Amy in particular, but I don’t think they ever had intentions of putting her on the squad and they wanted the story. I think she would have been fine, tho kicks were an issue, but heaven knows there have been less qualified cheerleaders that made it through. I would have taken Amy over Breelan, Morgan, etc because Amy is so pretty and has good pop.

In recent years, seems like we see a lot less of women like Nicole Hamilton, Joanna, Jasmine, Carissa, etc. who didn’t necessarily come from those privileged backgrounds, growing up in dance studios and around the pageant circuit.  Being a DCC is mostly a rich girl’s game, especially the past few years. For every Danielle, there are dozens of Laceys and Carolines.

You can’t help where you’re born, but the DCC has become a more airbrushed, glossy, Instagram reality show machine than years past, and while the talent is amazing, it isn’t as approachable as it used to be for the ladies who dreamed of wearing the boots as little kids. 

I don’t think they’re gonna go out of their way to push the narrative that they were striving for diversity. I think with Malena, Amy, and Alexandra it was more of a persistence and dedication thing for the show which is all about “making the team”. Like, “look at how many years this person tried out and never gave up”. How many times have we seen Judy say, “She gets a point from me cause she even tried”? Kelli and Judy aren’t gonna decide on a team for the sake of diversity, I don’t think they’re opposed to diversity cause that would be the true issue. The football culture itself isn’t even the most approachable by colored people like it’s a very white people thing. DCC should be about talent, leadership, and personality which it is. It just doesn’t go out of its way to make colored people feel more welcome, but it doesn’t ostracize them or exclude them either. 

DCC has this mindset of “We’re the best” “We’re world class” they don’t want to be approachable. Not everyone can be a DCC. It will always be competitive and intimidating. Just being in situation where there are multiple girls itself makes you question yourself. There will always be a girl who came from a better or worse background than you, who’s prettier or a better dancer than you. That’s life. The airbrushed Instagram reality vibe is everywhere it’s part of our digital culture. I think it’s someone’s own responsibility to understand that not everything you see on TV or Instagram is so picture perfect. This is where I think Milan went wrong in that podcast she did. She said DCC wasn’t what she thought it’d be. The uniform gameday pictures may look amazing, but all of the behind-the-scenes work they did to get that isn’t that fabulous. The social media accounts post the best picture out of multiple not s great ones. If you look at the Pro Dance Cheer page, a lot of the pics of the girls are taken in unflattering angles even Rachel W has some. 

It always goes back to talent for DCC at the end of the day. Maybe girls like Lacey and Caroline are so talented because they got all the training from privileged backgrounds, but your parents can put you in all the best dance classes that money can buy to train you, but that doesn’t mean you’ll come out amazing. Kelli’s own daughter is example of this. She said she’s not trying out for DCC cause she doesn’t have the dancing ability.

14 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

DCC just posted this on their IG stories. I think this girl Kennedy is auditioning. Just turned 18 back in January according to her IG. I thought it was Darian for a second.

Screenshot_20210508-184227_Instagram.jpg

OMG I hope so! She’s gorgeous!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, JapMo said:

Now, with the reality show feature introduced, 99.9% have already cheered in college and at least half have cheered for a pro team,

Not only that. But I feel so many are now coming to the DCCs as CAPTAINS of those teams I’ve noticed. Wasn’t it season 13 (14?) during prelims when Kelli mentioned how many captains there where? 

4 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Here's Kennedy's IG if anyone wants to take a look.  She's cute and has nice, long legs.

https://www.instagram.com/kennedyystanleyy/

And I’ve noticed current DCC are following her. Watching this space lol. 

• Useful 1
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Lona said:

Not only that. But I feel so many are now coming to the DCCs as CAPTAINS of those teams I’ve noticed. Wasn’t it season 13 (14?) during prelims when Kelli mentioned how many captains there where? 

I remember in Season 14, Kelli mentioned how there were a lot of Maverick dancers because of the disbandment of the dance team, but I wouldn't be surprised that a lot of captains do try out for DCC. I am currently watching Season 7 and there was a girl (Courtney Danielle) who was captain at the University of Oregon. 

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, kalibean said:

You can’t help where you’re born, but the DCC has become a more airbrushed, glossy, Instagram reality show machine than years past, and while the talent is amazing, it isn’t as approachable as it used to be for the ladies who dreamed of wearing the boots as little kids. 

Agree. And consider these hypothetical scenarios.  Let's say there were 100 finalists. In reality,  what percentage are white? Would it be wrong to guess 90 percent? Why? Accessibility, unequal opportunity and/or unfavorable conditions. It's certainly not because of lack of talent.

Whats the reverse of this situation? If Kelli and Judy had 100 finalists, and 90 percent were black - would we have an all black team with a couple of white girls thrown in? What would happen to their "beautiful bouquet?"

I'm certainly not accusing them of racism at all - but the construct and culture by which the DCC operates most certainly does NOTHING to advance and encourage equal opportunity.

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

The majority of the population is white? 

If that question is about my post, I think you may have misunderstood?

The majority of DCC finalists are white. Perhaps because it's set up to be that way.

(and to be clear, I completely disagree with that construct)

• Love 3
(edited)
17 hours ago, filishtay said:

Yes, there aren’t many African American DCCs, but that I don’t believe is intentionally done at least not during the last 30 years under Kelli’s leadership.

I think it's also worth noting that while this narrative tends to get pushed, it's numerically incorrect many years. If there are 36 girls on the team, and 4 or  5 of them are black; then DCC's diversity matches the population for those races. Black girls are, on average lately, as present on DCC as they are in the population; some years under-represented but over-represented other years.

Who is almost always under-represented are Asians and Hispanics/Latinx. But these races are under-represented pretty much league wide on cheerleading teams, it's nothing specific to DCC.

Edited by aterjuholmes
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, aterjuholmes said:

I think it's also worth noting that while this narrative tends to get pushed, it's numerically incorrect many years. If there are 36 girls on the team, and 4 or  5 of them are black; then DCC's diversity matches the population for those races. Black girls are, on average lately, as present on DCC as they are in the population; some years under-represented but over-represented other years.

Who is almost always under-represented are Asians and Hispanics/Latinx. But these races are under-represented pretty much league wide on cheerleading teams, it's nothing specific to DCC.

If you factor in age, gender and geographic norms, then percentages aren't representative. I'm also not sure we typically have "4 or 5" and I'm not sure the goal is to be population representative. Diversity isn't about quotas. It's about equal access to opportunity.

• Love 13
On 5/7/2021 at 9:53 AM, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

I’d actually prefer her over Marissa I think. I think she also looks more mature and although they’re similar looking - prettier. I’m not just saying that because it’s known I don’t like Marissa I genuinely mean it. I’d like to see them dance alongside each other to see who is the better dancer. I hope she does try out for DCC I’d like to see her on the show. 

I’m fairly certain Mel Parker is trying out.  She tried out last year and I was surprised she didn’t make it to training camp because she can dance, has power  and seems to have the DCC style down.  (I don’t remember how far she got.)  She would make a solid DCC. But, if you want to compare, I think Marissa would show her up personally. Marissa has more style in my opinion.  Granted I am a Marissa fan. 😊

As to Kennedy Stanley, I really like her. Pretty sure she is trying out too. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Other girls that DCC has promoted on IG stories for taking the Audition Prep Intensive 2.0 are Erin Erxleben, Michelle Fekete, and Shawnee Weatherley.

Screenshot_20210509-030844_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210509-030850_Instagram.jpg

Here's Shawnee btw... Primetimer wouldn't let me post all three photos at once :(

Screenshot_20210509-030857_Instagram.thumb.jpg.9e083f9a32a9705528796f98602cadf4.jpg

• Useful 4
7 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

If you factor in age, gender and geographic norms, then percentages aren't representative. I'm also not sure we typically have "4 or 5" and I'm not sure the goal is to be population representative. 

I politely disagree. In fact, if any of my students came to me with a thesis that is based on this logic, my mathematical brain would definitely send him/her back to the drawing board to start again. (Won’t bother y’all with details here) 

On 5/8/2021 at 6:20 PM, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I remember in Season 14, Kelli mentioned how there were a lot of Maverick dancers because of the disbandment of the dance team, but I wouldn't be surprised that a lot of captains do try out for DCC. I am currently watching Season 7 and there was a girl (Courtney Danielle) who was captain at the University of Oregon. 

Former TCU showgirls captain, Sheridan Donevant, tried out after she graduated in 2019. She made it to finals and is besties with Lauren from the 2019 Training Camp. Someone on here referred to her as “interesting” in the 2019 auditions page and said that, “If you don’t like Rachel W, you won’t like Sheridan. She’s well umm… interesting. I’ll let you find out for yourself on TV”. We barely got to see Sheridan on TV so I never knew what she was talking about it. Haha if only that person said what was wrong with her. You can’t say you have tea and not spill it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, Itswhatisaid said:

Yeah right. I think she wants people to believe she will retire. She will definitely audition again if she was on Darian’s page taking dance classes with her. She gives off attention whore energy anyway. She is absolutely auditioning again. She has nothing better to do. Her & many of the other 4-5 plus year dancers who need to give it a rest.

She is not my fave at all and its probably displaced annoyance at TPTB bc Sydney definitely has a very STRONG figure that has gotten so many others cut. Granted I'd kill for her figure but to give her a pass when others who deserved it seems so unfair & i've learned one thing from MTT, DCC is definitely NOT world class and it is NOT fair...

• Love 4
On 5/8/2021 at 4:15 AM, filishtay said:

I disagree. WOC are not grudgingly accepted onto the team nor do they have it worse than white women. Name one woman or instance that proves this. Maybe the Jones family or particularly the Jones men themselves don’t desire or care for diversity and only like the blonde-haired, blue-eyed, submissive, wifey kind of girl to be a DCC, but Jerry Jones and his sons aren’t active like Charlotte is in judging the DCC (thank god). As long as the girls are there representing the brand without issues they, the Jones men, personally have to deal with, the men could care less. They have no hands in the decision making process of the team. They could, but they don’t care. Kelli, Judy, Charlotte, and Kitty do have some outdated values that set women back, but I think it’s more of a gender thing and not so much a racial issue. Yes, there aren’t many African American DCCs, but that I don’t believe is intentionally done at least not during the last 30 years under Kelli’s leadership. Not a single black DCC has spoken up against the organization for racial issues ever.  The complaints about the organization typically came from entitled white girls. Note: I mean complaints about the DCC organization itself not the show cause that’s a different story where even Judy blamed CMT for how something appeared on the show. Kelli and Judy are well aware that most people think that they only choose the stereotypical blonde hair girl for DCC, but they don’t do that. I know people hate the phrase “don’t see color” when it comes to race, but they seem to care less about color and race as long as there’s talent, looks, leadership, etc. A black girl is on the same playing field as a white girl on DCC. The only racial issue I’ve seen is when Kelli and Charlotte refer to Kat as Beyoncé which is kind of a racially tone deaf compliment that they’re probably not aware of, but once again, not racist and doesn’t change Kat’s experience from Meredith’s. They pulled for Kat and Meredith because of looks only thing is Meredith couldn’t keep up like Kat (barely) could. Technically when it comes to looks, anyone can be on the team if Ally Traylor was on the team and heavily rewarded by TPTB. They pulled for Malena as much as they could just by letting her make it into training camp in 2018 when she clearly wasn’t ready. Nothing to do with race. I know if they treated the black girls any differently girls like Jackie Bob and Jasmine would’ve definitely spoken up about this by now. I’m sure they would call out racial issues over keeping a good standing with DCC any day.

I'm sure there are instances. The one I first thought of was Jacie saying they wouldn't let her have her natural hair. Have we ever had a WOC that didn't have straight hair. I don't know what the current squad looks like so I'm not sure. I just know that I loved how awesome Jacie's hair was when she was helping teach after retiring.  How many WOC have been point? Nicole H and Mia are the only ones that I know of, but I don't know much before the show so there could totally be more. 

I haven't seen many Asian or Latino women on the team either but again, I only know the show squads up to season 12.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Pucca said:

I'm sure there are instances. The one I first thought of was Jacie saying they wouldn't let her have her natural hair. Have we ever had a WOC that didn't have straight hair. I don't know what the current squad looks like so I'm not sure. I just know that I loved how awesome Jacie's hair was when she was helping teach after retiring.  How many WOC have been point? Nicole H and Mia are the only ones that I know of, but I don't know much before the show so there could totally be more. 

I haven't seen many Asian or Latino women on the team either but again, I only know the show squads up to season 12.

One more thing.. as a redhead I wish there were more redheads on the team. Meredith and Erica are the two that sprung to mind the fastest. Is Saavy a natural redhead? Bottle or natural.. we need more redheads! 

Oh and Sasha had curly hair, but it was long. She is absolutley stunning too. We need more Sasha's on the team! Smart, beautiful, and fierce! I wish she was on the team more than 2 years

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Pucca said:

Maybe they didn’t let Jacie have her natural hair because they didn’t feel as if it went with “the DCC look” that they’re trying to achieve? Jacie’s natural hair is beautiful, but I’m sorry I don’t think it looks good for her as a DCC. Why is that since Jacie is black it’s racially motivated like you implied it to be? They let current Sydney who came in with straight hair change her hair to her natural one. Some white girls weren’t allowed to have certain hair lengths or colors. Not just Sydney, but Darian and Armani are all dancing in their natural hairs.

As far as point and only having two black girls at that position brings me back to my original point where Kelli and Judy are not gonna go out of their way to push diversity on a talent-based spectrum just for the sake of diversity. They’re not gonna give someone point just cause they’re black let alone even place them on the team. Only one girl (once two) gets point out of 36 other girls. It’s already a limited position just like being on the team. Like I said, DCC and the football culture isn’t the most approachable for colored people, but they aren’t ostracizing them either. This explains why a lot of Asian/Hispanic/Black people don’t try out to begin with. How can they give so many black or colored girls for prominent positions when they don’t have that many to begin with? Sure they could do more to make it more approachable for colored people, but I don’t think it’s crucially necessary cause ultimately anything a white girl can get on the team a black girl can and has gotten it too and that approach could also backfire with the organization looking performative and white-savior. Ashlee is cover girl. Jackie Bob, Jacie, Vonceill Baker, and Nicole Hamilton are some of the most notable DCCs ever. There are more examples of this I’m sure.

Edited by filishtay
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, filishtay said:

Maybe they didn’t let Jacie have her natural hair because they didn’t feel as if it went with “the DCC look” that they’re trying to achieve? Jacie’s natural hair is beautiful, but I’m sorry I don’t think it looks good for her as a DCC. Why is that since Jacie is black it’s racially motivated like you implied it to be? They let current Sydney who came in with straight hair change her hair to her natural one. Some white girls weren’t allowed to have certain hair lengths or colors. Not just Sydney, but Darian and Armani are all dancing in their natural hairs.

As far as point and only having two black girls at that position brings me back to my original point where Kelli and Judy are not gonna go out of their way to push diversity on a talent-based spectrum just for the sake of diversity. They’re not gonna give someone point just cause they’re black let alone even place them on the team. Only one girl (once two) gets point out of 36 other girls. It’s already a limited position just like being on the team. Like I said, DCC and the football culture isn’t the most approachable for colored people, but they aren’t ostracizing them either. This explains why a lot of Asian/Hispanic/Black people don’t try out to begin with. How can they give so many black or colored girls for prominent positions when they don’t have that many to begin with? Sure they could do more to make it more approachable for colored people, but I don’t think it’s crucially necessary cause ultimately anything a white girl can get on the team a black girl can and has gotten it too and that approach could also backfire with the organization looking performative and white-savior. Ashlee is cover girl. Jackie Bob, Jacie, Vonceill Baker, and Nicole Hamilton are some of the most notable DCCs ever. There are more examples of this I’m sure.

I have a legitimate question here that I hope doesn't come off wrong. In two posts now you've referred to "colored people" and have mentioned that you are a WOC. 

On a different show (part of MTV's Teen Mom franchise) a participant was raked over the coals for using the term "colored woman" rather than "woman of color" when she truly didn't know better or mean any harm. 

A huge deal was made out of it. 

Now I'm confused. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Pucca said:

I'm sure there are instances. The one I first thought of was Jacie saying they wouldn't let her have her natural hair. Have we ever had a WOC that didn't have straight hair. I don't know what the current squad looks like so I'm not sure. I just know that I loved how awesome Jacie's hair was when she was helping teach after retiring.  

Robin also had curls didn’t she? Wasn’t she in KaShara’s rookie class? 

5 hours ago, Itswhatisaid said:

Yeah right. I think she wants people to believe she will retire. She will definitely audition again if she was on Darian’s page taking dance classes with her. She gives off attention whore energy anyway. She is absolutely auditioning again. She has nothing better to do. Her & many of the other 4-5 plus year dancers who need to give it a rest.

Someone called “dr Manhattan” I think it was claimed they had the correct list of retirees this year on the social media thread, other names being Cianna, Savannah, Tess, Maddie and Sydney. Whether this is true and a genuine insider guess we’ll soon see.

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, filishtay said:

Here is the article that Jacie is featured in about the NFL and natural hair.
https://www.allure.com/story/nfl-black-cheerleaders-hair-discrimination

This came out in October 2020. An article like this where sources needed to be confirmed and cited takes months to write, then there is an approval process for publishing. The massive PR machine of the Dallas Cowboys knew of this article ahead of time, and were asked to provide clarification and a response, "The Dallas Cowboys did not respond to requests for comment." Then suddenly after being aware of this piece, the new rookies on the 2020 squad were allowed to wear more natural hair with Charlotte even getting in a zing to Sydney in the  final episode, "I love your hair!" 

• Love 17
(edited)
1 hour ago, filishtay said:

If you remember back quite a while ago they made MacKenzie (the really short one) straighten her hair, it was really curly and similar to Maddies. She auditioned with it curly but in makeovers it got ironed and straightened. So it's not just WoC who aren't 'allowed' to keep their natural hair.

Edited by Jesiklyn
Typo
  • Love 1

Maybe they didn’t let Jacie have her natural hair because they didn’t feel as if it went with “the DCC look” that they’re trying to achieve? Jacie’s natural hair is beautiful, but I’m sorry I don’t think it looks good for her as a DCC.

why can’t it be the DCC look though?

51 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

the new rookies on the 2020 squad were allowed to wear more natural hair with Charlotte even getting in a zing to Sydney in the  final episode, "I love your hair!"

lol at the fact sydney had the curly hair for two minutes and it was scrapped in the cameo 

1 hour ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Whether this is true and a genuine insider guess we’ll soon see.

i mean it’s almost just process of elimination at this point haha 

• Love 7

Even the curly haired girl they tried not to show on Season 7, Sintia, got her hair straightened in makeovers that season (although we didn't see it on cam). In the episode where they're practicing at Gilley's you can see her in a few scenes if you look close enough, and her hair is straightened more to the "DCC Style". I personally thought she looked great with curly hair, but even better with the straight hair.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

If you remember back quite a while ago they made MacKenzie (the really short one) straighten her hair, it was really curly and similar to Maddies. She auditioned with it curly but in makeovers it got ironed and straightened. So it's not just WoC who aren't 'allowed' to keep their natural hair.

I don't remember that. I remember her having her hair curled but it wasn't super curly. It didn't look like natural curls to me, if I'm thinking of the same Mackenzie. I mean most of the girls on the team don't seem to wear their hair straight. And they even brought out the curls on Paige and Tess, even though Tess didn't keep hers that way. 

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Pucca said:

.How many WOC have been point? Nicole H and Mia are the only ones that I know of, but I don't know much before the show so there could totally be more.

I believe single point is something from more recent times, but please expand/correct my little list: 

We’ve  had WOC’s Nicole and Mia and would have had Jenna as point (if she hadn’t screwed up). The other (mostly blonde) single point girls were Whitney, Holly, Jenn and Kashara. So that would have been 3 out of 7. That’s actually not bad at all, esp since it is indeed (as Filishtay pointed out) a very limited and privileged position.

54 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

why can’t it be the DCC look though?

I totally see your point, and definitely agree.
However, this is not our team but theirs and they want girls with long, straight or wavy hair. I should probably point out that they are not having pixy hair or other short hair cuts like a bobline (with Holly and Teri the only exceptions) So, it is not just a ‘no’ to the natural hair of WOC..... 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jesiklyn said:

Brandi Kilby (season 4) had curly hair and they straightened it.

59 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Brandi Kilby (season 4) had curly hair and they straightened it.

After saying she looked like a stripper 🙄 (eye roll is directed at TPTB, not at you MrsEVH!) 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, PicnicLife77 said:

I have a legitimate question here that I hope doesn't come off wrong. In two posts now you've referred to "colored people" and have mentioned that you are a WOC. 

On a different show (part of MTV's Teen Mom franchise) a participant was raked over the coals for using the term "colored woman" rather than "woman of color" when she truly didn't know better or mean any harm. 

A huge deal was made out of it. 

Now I'm confused. 

Oh are you saying that saying “colored people” may be offensive? If so, then I’ll work on being careful and try not to use that phase from now on. Thank you. Yes, I’m a woman of color so I should know better. Of course I mean no harm by that phrase but if it’s harmful, I won’t use that.

• Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Here is the article that Jacie is featured in about the NFL and natural hair.
https://www.allure.com/story/nfl-black-cheerleaders-hair-discrimination

This came out in October 2020. An article like this where sources needed to be confirmed and cited takes months to write, then there is an approval process for publishing. The massive PR machine of the Dallas Cowboys knew of this article ahead of time, and were asked to provide clarification and a response, "The Dallas Cowboys did not respond to requests for comment." Then suddenly after being aware of this piece, the new rookies on the 2020 squad were allowed to wear more natural hair with Charlotte even getting in a zing to Sydney in the  final episode, "I love your hair!" 

Jacie Scott is one of the most stunning people of all time to ever be on the team. You think Abigail Klein is the prettiest thing, I think Jacie is. We are not the same. Hahahahaha

Okay, but on a more serious note… before the article was published/written, years before other black woman on the team (not everyone) were allowed to wear their natural hair as people mentioned and gave examples above. The article you shared states, “Former and current NFL cheerleaders reflect on why it's taking the industry so long to become more inclusive”. I never said that the DCC organization is inclusive, I even said more than once, that they are not the most approachable for BIPOC. The point of this article is to educate that many NFL cheer teams have catering to white only beauty standards and they want to kind of push more inclusivity onto cheer teams cause that’s the what the world has become to- more inclusivity and acceptance and the DCC organization holding traditional values typically don’t push for inclusivity. And maybe you could be right about the DCC organization letting the new black women on their team wear their natural hair months after they’re given the article to their knowledge, which means I’m probably wrong about the organization not going out of their way to way promote diversity for the sake of diversity if your theory on the organization letting the new rookies wear natural hair now that this article amongst many others is calling them out for not being inclusive is true, BUT here’s my new issue with this, the organization pushing for diversity just for not even the sake of diversity or true purpose of diversity, just to save themselves. Hiring a separate hairstylist who specializes in black women’s hair after all these years later cause we all know Marshall sometimes doesn’t even know what to do with the white girls’ hair? Again, could be performative or self-saving. The organization knows what people in society are wanting now with the more diversity and inclusivity thing and they do not wanna get in trouble. I don’t believe in pushing for diversity and inclusivity for everything. As long as it’s not racially ostracizing, I see no issue cause there’s still a lot value in exclusiveness and it’s sad to me that society is seemingly trying to diminish exclusiveness altogether. You might as well let fat girls be DCCs since inclusivity is so important. For the most part, I haven’t seen the DCC organization ever be racially ostracizing. However, since they let other black women wear their natural hair from years before, I’m still not completely sold on your theory, but I’m not rejecting it either.

It’s their brand and they still have a right to decide what is the “DCC look” and the typical “DCC look” the big, long, bombshell curly-wavy hair that they give most girls don’t suit everyone on the team and they know that which is why not everyone gets it regardless of race and it’s extremely subjective. They’ll throw in some bobs or curls like Maddie’s or Courtney Cook’s in their “bouquet” to have some mixes in there and give makeovers to what best caters the girl at hand. Jacie’s natural hair wouldn’t have looked best for her as DCC, in my opinion. I’m definitely not saying that it would have looked bad cause it’s her natural hair and she’ll still always look amazing, but she deserved what would’ve looked best for her as a DCC and that’s my opinion. And now people responded to my post saying, “Why can’t Jacie’s natural hair be the DCC look?” It could be a great DCC look for some other girl but it wasn’t the best for Jacie particularly, but once again, that’s my opinion and maybe Kelli and Judy felt the same when they worked with Jacie.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9U2fp3Ai1K/?igshid=kb6584441ti6

This is Jacie’s natural hair and it is beautiful on her, but as a DCC, it would’ve looked much better on Armani as a DCC than Jacie. Shoot me for saying this.

Edited by filishtay
  • Love 1
(edited)

Another auditioner as shared by DCC

I don't know if it's if the filter or what but this boomerang photo doesn't seem very flattering for her.  I screen shot but the facial angle never changed.

Ok just looked at her insta and wowza she was a hooters girl, and a hooters calendar girl. There is no way TPTB will let her through!

Screenshot_20210511-155800_Instagram.jpg

Edited by Jesiklyn
More info
1 minute ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

Don't know if it's been shared already, but Cianna officially announced her retirement tonight on her Instagram. @cicilevi

My guess is that among the 8 that are retiring that most of them will be 3rd year girls cause 1. 3 years is the most tenured amount of years for DCC girls 2. They could be annoyed about the Brennan/Hannah situation who were their rookie sisters. 3. This large DCC class so far been the most successful compared to the 2016 and 2012 rookie class with only 3 cuts and 1 retirees before this year past year.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, filishtay said:

My guess is that among the 8 that are retiring that most of them will be 3rd year girls cause 1. 3 years is the most tenured amount of years for DCC girls 2. They could be annoyed about the Brennan/Hannah situation who were their rookie sisters. 3. This large DCC class so far been the most successful compared to the 2016 and 2012 rookie class with only 3 cuts and 1 retirees before this year past year.

Cianna took all star position 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

Jacie Scott is one of the most stunning people of all time to ever be on the team. You think Abigail Klein is the prettiest thing, I think Jacie is. We are not the same. Hahahahaha

Jacie is gorgeous, one of the most gorgeous to ever be a DCC, IMO. I never said anything about Abigail Klein? I am not sure who she is. Might have been one of the other above comments?

I see the Dallas Cowboys as a PR machine. Season 15 screamed subtly of we are trying to be more woke, more inclusive, more accepting. Tryouts happened a couple years after Kelli cut a candidate for not knowing about the "me too" movement, and then immediately after the chaotic aftermath of George Floyd. I think the DCC does a good job right now of finding authenticity - I personally can't take the overcontoured, overmakeuped, overfiltered, Instagram generation (Ashley Hancock et. al for example). It's scary how young women these days think that changing everything about themselves is finding themself. America's sweetheart shouldn't be that and I won't watch the show anymore if it goes to that level. I think historically there has pressure on the women of color candidates to reject their natural hair because not only does it not fit the DCC look (and making the team is damn difficult), also because American beauty standards have rejected African hair. I hope that's changing. Jacie could rock any look and be a knockout. They were lucky to have her.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Jacie is gorgeous, one of the most gorgeous to ever be a DCC, IMO. I never said anything about Abigail Klein? I am not sure who she is. Might have been one of the other above comments?

I see the Dallas Cowboys as a PR machine. Season 15 screamed subtly of we are trying to be more woke, more inclusive, more accepting. Tryouts happened a couple years after Kelli cut a candidate for not knowing about the "me too" movement, and then immediately after the chaotic aftermath of George Floyd. I think the DCC does a good job right now of finding authenticity - I personally can't take the overcontoured, overmakeuped, overfiltered, Instagram generation (Ashley Hancock et. al for example). It's scary how young women these days think that changing everything about themselves is finding themself. America's sweetheart shouldn't be that and I won't watch the show anymore if it goes to that level. I think historically there has pressure on the women of color candidates to reject their natural hair because not only does it not fit the DCC look (and making the team is damn difficult), also because American beauty standards have rejected African hair. I hope that's changing. Jacie could rock any look and be a knockout. They were lucky to have her.

Haha lemme clear up the Abigail Klein comment. The first part of my response to you was just a lighthearted small playful comment expressing my opinion about Jacie. The “we are not the same” is a kind of new saying on the internet amongst GenZ mostly (which is what I am) to just say that one is different or “cooler” than everyone else haha nothing serious. My first paragraph wasn’t directed towards you specifically just saying generally and playing with readers and I used Abigail Klein as an example because people on here are always talking about pretty she is that’s why. 

I do think this particular season had a lot of performative acts done by TPTB to avoid being in trouble like how they brought on the racial injustice awareness and Kelli trying to connect with veterans who must’ve been annoyed with her for cutting other vets by sharing that “Oh I get it. I understand you guys my best friend Tina was cut” so she won’t look bad. 

I hope the African natural hair will always be accepted and included by American beauty standards too, but I don’t agree with your comment about Ashley H. tho. It’s kind of contradictory to your comment about wanting people to accept the natural hair and natural look. If people should have the right to feel beautiful and accepted with their natural look, then they also have the right to feel beautiful with the “overcontoured, overmakeuped, overfiltered, Instagram generation” look either. Look beautiful however one pleases. If you don’t like something about yourself, you should have every right to change it without judgement. Ashley was actually over done up for DCC standards and had she not been cut before makeovers, she probably would’ve gotten a make under. They’d probably let her be as done up as Lexie.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, filishtay said:

Oh are you saying that saying “colored people” may be offensive? If so, then I’ll work on being careful and try not to use that phase from now on. Thank you. Yes, I’m a woman of color so I should know better. Of course I mean no harm by that phrase but if it’s harmful, I won’t use that.

Oh no, I actually don't know one way or the other to be honest. If that's a term you are comfortable with then that's perfectly fine. I am not a WoC and am only seeking to understand. All I know is that others found that term offensive and vilified the white woman who used it. But I digress. Thank you for entertaining my question 😊

• Love 1
3 hours ago, filishtay said:

So the confirmed girls that are retiring so far are Rachel A., Alanna and Cianna? 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, PicnicLife77 said:

This perfectly highlights the one big problem I'm so struggling with, And with me probably a large part of the population. Things change so quickly; we are told to use a new word as the old one is no longer deemed to be appropriate. Yet by the time we have mastered it, there is another replacement... And the former new is completely not done...

I am of mixed descent myself (caucasian-southeast Asian) and I learned from a young age to never judge someone by skin colour and be careful with what you say. Yet sometimes I am just scared to speak up for fear of getting it (unintentionally) wrong...

• Love 6