Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

Raiders have just announced their squad and they have taken all the girls from 2020 and just continued with them, so no auditions til 2022.

They have a new director and everything probably easier that way 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

Did the raiders have auditions last year for the 20/21 squad? Was the audition for last year during or before Covid? So basically Raiders told them that none of them should retire at the end of this year? Damn  good for them

8 hours ago, patti0855 said:

The Raiderettes did have 12 girls retire and their team consists of 32 girls but they did not have 44 girls at the beginning of the 2020 season.

They had 32 last season 

(edited)
10 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

Did the raiders have auditions last year for the 20/21 squad? Was the audition for last year during or before Covid? So basically Raiders told them that none of them should retire at the end of this year? Damn  good for them

They did do in person auditions last year during covid several girls ended up contracting it 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, patti0855 said:

The Raiderettes did have 12 girls retire and their team consists of 32 girls but they did not have 44 girls at the beginning of the 2020 season.

Do you know why Mandy left as the director ? 

• Love 6
On 5/20/2021 at 8:40 PM, Holly85 said:

The girls find out threw email !! We won’t know unless girls post 

Two days later and we can safely say that the girls were instructed not to tell whether they made it to the next round.

Which is extremely annoying. OMG.
Why keep it a secret? In social media land ‘engagement’ is the single most important thing for a brand.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
53 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

In social media land ‘engagement’ is the single most important thing for a brand.

Apparently not in CMT/Kelli land. 🙄

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Two days later and we can safely say that the girls were instructed not to tell whether they made it to the next round.

Which is extremely annoying. OMG.
Why keep it a secret? In social media land ‘engagement’ is the single most important thing for a brand.

We don’t even know who all auditioned so   No clue to even know where to look

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Well I can tell you one. Erin Erxleben tried out. Looks like she didn’t make it as she’s now trying out for another team.  I thought Kaitlyn Pittman might have. She did last year, but is also now trying out for another team. 

Some of the girls last year that were open about trying out got A LOT of undeserved hate in my opinion before the show even came out.  Maybe the girls themselves warned off potential candidates? 

48031B87-8122-4CD8-AE05-A64094D1E58E.png

Follow up post today

F901D27E-F306-4AAD-BFEF-9634EB9F93E8.png

Pittman:

99697362-2D3C-4616-A5D6-845FC6EFF25A.png

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Lynnbo said:

Well I can tell you one. Erin Erxleben tried out. Looks like she didn’t make it as she’s now trying out for another team.  I thought Kaitlyn Pittman might have. She did last year, but is also now trying out for another team. 

Some of the girls last year that were open about trying out got A LOT of undeserved hate in my opinion before the show even came out.  Maybe the girls themselves warned off potential candidates? 

48031B87-8122-4CD8-AE05-A64094D1E58E.png

Follow up post today

F901D27E-F306-4AAD-BFEF-9634EB9F93E8.png

I can see why they may have passed on Erin as suspect they saw her as a high risk due to her fiance being in Britain and with her social media and actively working as a gogo dancer in a club.

Do we know for sure that second round notifications have gone out and there wasn't any delays?

Edited by Jesiklyn
Typos
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

I can see why they may have passed on Erin as suspect they saw her as a high risk due to her fiance being in Britain and with her social media and actively working as a gogo dancer in a club.

Do we know for sure that second round notifications have gone out and there wasn't any delays?

Yes notifications did go out on the 21st 

1 minute ago, Jesiklyn said:

Titans have announced their teams - with 9 men on the squad!

I can never imagine dcc letting 1 man on let alone 9.

Screenshot_20210524-073734_Instagram.jpg

Most of those men are on the stunt team I know donivous is on the dance team as he was point on part of the country routine formation

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

For marketing purposes I'm trying to decide which is better.

Do you let the girls post on SM and drum up interest and excitement thereby leading  people to tune in? Or do you restrict any individual postings and just increase the DCC PR thereby hoping the "secrets" will encourage viewership?

I suppose it's possible that it was done to protect the girls from public scrutiny prior to finals.

For me personally, it is the insider information (which sometimes is accurate and sometimes not, but always fun to read) that keeps me interested. I don't have favorites and I've lost all interest in following girls stories. So I'll I be fine with "secrets" if we could have a few lemons and Manhattans.  That to me is fun. I tune into MTT to see if they are right.

• Love 8
Just now, Spooky said:

Is that little Heather on the Titans team? I looked up the roster reveal video on youtube and it sure looks/sounds like her. 

It’s her 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Lynnbo said:

Where did they get the hate - on their social media?  I don't know if I would let anything like that keep me from trying out, especially if I have been taking classes, dieting, etc

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Where did they get the hate - on their social media?  I don't know if I would let anything like that keep me from trying out, especially if I have been taking classes, dieting, etc

Various social media like facebook, their own social media accounts. Depending where you look. Theres ALWAYS going to be haters whatever you personally do. 

In a perfect world there wouldn't be any hate, racism, war, discrimination etc. But the truth is in reality all that happens. I personally think a strong person is able to LEARN more from the hate and is able to ignore and just laugh at it and take it with a pinch of salt and learn from the mistakes and work and strive to improve what their imperfection, that gained them hate in the first place. Without it you wouldn't learn or have anything to improve on. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

The vets have now entered the audition process 

886AB5B1-87F8-4589-98F0-A6A870F69AF8.jpeg

42F60FF0-6D6A-476C-882A-BA806986A10F.jpeg

Thanks for all your info Holly85…I read everybody’s posts, but it’s your posts I look forward too. 🧐👍🏼🤓

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, bernie2018 said:

Thanks for all your info Holly85…I read everybody’s posts, but it’s your posts I look forward too. 🧐👍🏼🤓

Thank you !! 

I like Gina’s makeup for her audition video 

D70B8E55-22EC-4372-91A5-E4AA1D6B5E82.jpeg

• Love 21
On 5/20/2021 at 11:40 AM, Holly85 said:

The girls find out threw email !! We won’t know unless girls post 

Has it been confirmed all the retiring Vets?  I know Rachel A, Maddie, Cianna and Alanna....

• Love 1

Natalia Silvani tried out last year and I believe she did this year as well.  Yesterday she posted her audition for ??? On IG.  The positive tone makes me think she got through to the next round. Or I could be totally wrong. Lol

A840A9CD-81C1-47B4-AD04-FBA8BB543FC3.png

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

A man tried out this year, Noah, he’s fab! He has support from girls on the team and worked with Cici on her cause and unfortunately he didn’t make it to finals 😔 I wish Kelli & Judy would get with the times and have him on the team because he genuinely would be an asset and is a fab dancer 

• Love 12
54 minutes ago, Lynnbo said:

Kennedy Stanley possibly auditioned.  This could be a reach but in her IG she posted this yesterday: 

D190C79D-0009-4157-967B-088B9B970595.jpeg

I’d take a good guess she auditioned and got to finals reading between the lines 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

A man tried out this year, Noah, he’s fab! He has support from girls on the team and worked with Cici on her cause and unfortunately he didn’t make it to finals 😔 I wish Kelli & Judy would get with the times and have him on the team because he genuinely would be an asset and is a fab dancer 

I’ve seen him, he’s great. 😊

• Love 2
(edited)

I have GOT to remember to kick my leg out in photos, pretty sure that’s what I’m forgetting to do 😂. Still won’t be as cute as this, tho 🥰

image.jpeg

Edited by suebee18
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

Announcements have been made 

according to dcc Instagram the retirees are: Alanna, Briana, Cianna, Maddie, RACHEL A., Savannah, Sydney, and Tess

• Useful 3
  • Love 9

Dcc on there official Facebook page just posted goodbye to retiries.  Can't post a link or picture as I'm not sure how to, but the 8 leaked were correct. 

Tess, Maddy,  Savannah,  Rachel A, Alanna,  brianna, cianna and Sydney. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Dcc76 said:

according to dcc Instagram the retirees are: Alanna, Briana, Cianna, Maddie, RACHEL A., Savannah, Sydney, and Tess

Which proves Dr Manhattan correct

it was either on this thread or the social media one. 

8/8! 👏🏻 Reliable insider info is back 

• Love 20
16 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Thank you !! 

I like Gina’s makeup for her audition video 

D70B8E55-22EC-4372-91A5-E4AA1D6B5E82.jpeg

I am so conflicted on Gina's look. I think she looks better, I love how she has changed her makeup over the years. But the fillers and facial changes.... she definitely looks great, but I hate how changing your face has become so mainstream with DCC now.

7 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Which proves Dr Manhattan correct

it was either on this thread or the social media one. 

8/8! 👏🏻 Reliable insider info is back 

Personally, I was hoping one would be incorrect. Just for that twist at the end kind of thing 😆

• Love 3

Can’t believe Sydney is retiring after 1 year! What’s the audition process like for the vets this year? Do they send audition videos? How long before they find out if they made it to finals?

• Love 2
On 5/23/2021 at 3:39 PM, Jesiklyn said:

I'm curious; why not men?  I mean men were a part of it in the early history so it certainly wouldn't be a "new" concept.  Plus there are males in both HS and College Cheer.  There are a couple of the male guest choreographers dance just fine with poms.  Granted TPTB  would have to significantly change their "sexy girl next door" motto to bring it up to current times. 😁

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, LynneH said:

I'm curious; why not men?  I mean men were a part of it in the early history so it certainly wouldn't be a "new" concept.  Plus there are males in both HS and College Cheer.  There are a couple of the male guest choreographers dance just fine with poms.  Granted TPTB  would have to significantly change their "sexy girl next door" motto to bring it up to current times. 😁

Count me in the minority (for many reasons) here, but I really don't want a man on the team. And I say that as a man, although I've never and will never have dreams of cheering. The Joneses would also would never want to change what has traditionally worked for them. I'm not a fan of the Joneses, or even the Cowboys (Steelers fan here), but I know how much tradition means to them, for better or worse.

Y'all can throw your apples at me now.

• Love 10

Kelli refuses to acknowledge any of the three guys that have auditioned since the show started.  We've only seen one for sure and that was during Kelli's speech during pre-lims.  He was never shown during the small groups or given a talking head, making me think the crew was specifically told to avoid him and to show him as little as possible.  We never saw the one that auditioned before him and it's highly unlikely we'll see this one. 

Kelli, Charlotte and the rest of the Jones will refuse to let men back on the squad because the majority of football fans are men and management of the Cowboys org want to get as many male butts in the seats as they can.

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Reliable insider info is back 

I dunno. I think that had to be either one of the DCCs themselves or some disgruntled CMT employee. The comic book disguise was clever and funny ... but also kind of odd? The wording was also pretty weird. But hey, info is info. Not one to complain. Not sure though that our new friend Dr. M will be a regular though. 

And I love how TPTB seemed to have a plan in place. Having the DCCs space out retirement "announcements," but then just decided to reveal them when it became apparent most fans knew who was leaving. 

Edited by Lona
  • Love 3
Just now, Lona said:

I dunno. I think that had to be either one of the DCCs themselves or some disgruntled CMT employee. The comic book disguise was clever and funny ... but also kind of odd? The wording was also pretty weird. But hey, info is info. Not one to complain. Not sure though that our new friend Dr. M will be a regular though. 

And I love how TPTB seemed to have a plan in place. Having the DCCs space out retirement "announcements," but then just decided to reveal them when it became apparent most fans knew who were leaving. 

Blah blah blah 

goodbye was my favorite part lol 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

I’m trying to picture how men could fit into Thunder seamlessly - back corners if there were two? That could look nice. I think on the outer edges, as balanced as possible.  Five could work too, do the corners and the venter outer edges on the three sides of the larger triangle. 

I think men work on other teams because they tend to have variable costumes. The DCC have done their same costume forever, and any of the things I picture to butch it up look off to me.  And I don’t think Jerryworld is ready for the fabulousness of a man in the current DCC costume. That would be Drag Race levels of awesome tho! 

That said...when they’ve had men in halftime shows, or work with Rhythm and Blues, it does look great. Maybe there’s a way to have the squads interact more, maximize the potential and get R&B more press. Would love to see some interaction on Making the Team. 

• Love 8

The cowboys have the Dallas Cowboys Rhythm & Blue Dancers so as long as the Rhythm & Blue exists there will never be a man on DCC. Kellie will just tell the men to audition for the Rhythm & Blue.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

Count me in the minority (for many reasons) here, but I really don't want a man on the team. And I say that as a man, although I've never and will never have dreams of cheering. The Joneses would also would never want to change what has traditionally worked for them. I'm not a fan of the Joneses, or even the Cowboys (Steelers fan here), but I know how much tradition means to them, for better or worse.

Y'all can throw your apples at me now.

I’m with you. It’s ok to leave something just for women. We won’t ever play on the football team and I am ok with that. 

• Love 13
(edited)
14 hours ago, Dcc76 said:

Most of these were expected IMO. sad to hear about Alanna, Cianna and Rachel A. Alanna and Cianna make sense to me since I assume both will move back home, however I was a bit suprised Rachel A is retiring, anyone have thoughts on why, could it be career related? She’s from Texas and is still young. 

Initially I was suprised Jalyn and Lexie haven’t retired. Jalyn hasn’t been well treated. But when I thought about it, and maybe they just love dance and are not ready to give it up. After DCC if they  aren’t able to get a job in dance (Lexie wouldn’t anyway she’s got another career) the most dancing they’ll ever do are casual classes. As a lover of my own sport, I would hate to have to play casually in only my mid 20s. It’s made me rethink wishing anyone would retire. 

edit- didn’t realise Rachel had done 4 seasons. Makes sense to retire after that long. 

Edited by perrie97
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, JayDKay said:

Kelsey L has been going to a lot of Jenn's dance classes lately.. would she ever try out again? Or just dancing for fun? 

I thought that too, she retired after only 2 seasons which was surprising to me, especially after she tried for 3 years to get to TC.

• Love 5