Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

43 minutes ago, PepperM said:

She was this past season when the team was in the bubble and dancers were doing performances at home! Maybe they have a different name now that they're coed, my b

That was never a DMD team.  Those were just a group of girls and boys  that never auditioned, Stephanie just put them together to dance at a couple of games and called them Mavs.   Definitely not DMD.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, PepperM said:

She was this past season when the team was in the bubble and dancers were doing performances at home! Maybe they have a different name now that they're coed, my b

This? They apparently only did one home game, but yes, Brittany was one of them! They were called D-Town Crew

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Do you guys think girls who were previous AAIA are looked at better than Dallas Stars ice girls? I feel like girls who were AAIA always get pretty far and there’s not a lot of ice girls who go for DCC.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Rut14 said:

Do you guys think girls who were previous AAIA are looked at better than Dallas Stars ice girls? I feel like girls who were AAIA always get pretty far and there’s not a lot of ice girls who go for DCC.

Maybe cause the AAIA director, Stephanie DiBiase, has a good relationship with K&J, and will also support any of her gals who want to try out for DCC

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Maybe cause the AAIA director, Stephanie DiBiase, has a good relationship with K&J, and will also support any of her gals who want to try out for DCC

In past seasons, Stephanie did act as a guest choreographer, so I imagine they have a decent relationship...at least had one, anyway.

2 hours ago, PepperM said:

100% with you on that one - confused the hell out of me when I started seeing her in classes. She's not on my list for TCC this year. 

Follow requested! Will add to my list :)

Forgot to mention Cici's sister - Laura (Alia) - @wialevi on IG which of course is private too:)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Rut14 said:

What is the difference between Allen Americans Ice Angels and Dallas Ice stars? Can you tell I am not from Tx? 😄

10 hours ago, Pau84 said:

The candidates have been told not to post anything on social media and because none of the candidates want to jeopardize their chances to be on the team we have zip, zilch, nada, diddly-squat, jack, niente, zero (0) confirmed finalists, let alone a list. How can we laugh tomorrow when we can't even smile today?!?
The only ones that could hook us DCC-junkies up are the insiders.

I HATE this information blackout.

8 hours ago, Opine said:

IKR!!!  It's like they want us super fans to just go away and come back at the beginning of the next season.  IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY!!!!  If you don't keep us involved all year we will eventually move on.  And if we move on, all your left with is the kinda fans.  The ones that watch it if they happen to turn on the TV and it's on.  I cannot believe the complete ignorance of their marketing folks.  They may be worse than their social media dept!!!!!!!!!!!!

You two are so spot on. I'm trying to get excited for this season. But why oh why are they making it sooooooooooooo hard for us to be actual fans? Like, we WANT to be here. That's the funny part. We, for the most part, watch the show. We support the girls. We love hanging out with each other. 

Why can't they just let things happen naturally? 

It's so boring trying to keep things "hidden." Also a bit immature in my opinion. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

What is the difference between Allen Americans Ice Angels and Dallas Ice stars? Can you tell I am not from Tx? 😄

The Ice Angels are the dance team for the Allen, TX minor league hockey team, the Americans. The Ice Girls are the dance team for the Dallas Stars NHL team.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Lona said:

You two are so spot on. I'm trying to get excited for this season. But why oh why are they making it sooooooooooooo hard for us to be actual fans? Like, we WANT to be here. That's the funny part. We, for the most part, watch the show. We support the girls. We love hanging out with each other. 

Why can't they just let things happen naturally? 

It's so boring trying to keep things "hidden." Also a bit immature in my opinion. 

Trying to force a script on a reality show about real women trying out in real life for a real squad.  Of course, it seems that Kelli regards them as "characters" anymore

• Love 2
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Forgot to mention Cici's sister - Laura (Alia) - @wialevi on IG which of course is private too:)

In addition to Anna Kate and Alia, Sage Greenhouse is another potential sister act. (@sage_quinn and @blissfullysage, but I think they might be private.) She is Mia (Greenhouse) Pruitt's youngest sister. She was on OU Pom, graduated in December, and is back in Dallas. There have been no indications that she will audition for DCC, but I'm keeping an eye out anyway.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Trying to force a script on a reality show about real women trying out in real life for a real squad.

Trying to force a script on a reality show about *CMT's favorites trying out in real life for a real squad. 

For all the hate Kelli and Judy get, I have NO intention for letting CMT off the hook. There must've been a change in producers or something to make last year so CRUEL. Again, I know K&J get the rap for most of that. But still. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, PepperM said:

Soooo you're my hero for compiling this! I haven't been able to find anyone else I think is likely auditioning that isn't on here. Using this list, here's my take on likely auditionees and how I think things will go for them. 

Tori Skillings (@toriskillings) - maybe confirmed - liked an Insta comment about her reauditioning, barring disaster should make it

Cassie Schroeder (@cassieschroeder) - confirmed, might make TCC again but she's still not as clean or picking things up as quickly as I think K&J will want

Ashlinn Maze (@ashlinnmaze) - confirmed, barring disaster should make it - she's made STRIDES

Claire Doolin (@whoop_claire_it_is) - confirmed, but I'm VERY on the fence - some days she's good, some days she's still a bit of a mess, but she's upped her game for sure

Shannan Slattery (@shannanslattery) - likely, can't see why she would've stayed in Dallas if not to audition again, but I'm not convinced she'll make it

Lindsay Barnes (@lindsaymbarnes) - likely, doesn't have the power yet imo but I could see her making TCC

Crystal Rose (@crystalssglamour) - almost certainly auditioning, can't see her making TC - needs more time and cleaning

Alexa May (@alexamay13) - likely, and I think this could be her year! She's looked great at Jenn's classes

Bre Sweeny Harker (@breharker) - likely, could be a TCC contender but I don't think she'll make it this year

Anna Kate Sundvold (@annakatesundvold) - idk why but I just have this sneaking suspicion that she is ready to put the boots on and rock the stars with her sister this year. Caroline helped her and some of her teammates with filming auditions around the time that DCC auditions were opening - could have been for TCU but the timing was sussss

Madisyn Daniel (@madisyn_daniel) - I think she'll audition? But I don't see it yet, not enough power

Amanda Howard (@amanda__howard) - I think confirmed? I like her a lot, and she's got a great public personality, I think she'd be a good ambassador. Dance might be a little too rigid right now but I think she has potential

Aria Celine (@ariaceline) - confirmed in a previous Insta post from a Jenn class, I think she could make TCC but her rib tattoo may be problematic for her

Natalie Hillman (@nataliehillman23) - likely, could see TCC but doesn't stand out to me as a winner yet

Kennedy Stanley (@kennedyystanleyy) - confirmed in comments on Maddie's retirement post that she is auditioning, could see her making TCC but I think K&J will want her to go to college and come back - she's headed to UNT

Shawnee Weatherley (@shawnee.weatherley) - was counting down the days til she could tryout as of late 2019, so I think she's pretty confirmed lol. Can't see her making the team though, definitely needs some time. 

Darian Tisdale (@itsdariandarling) - possible, but nothing exceptionally convincing to say either way, could see her in finals (she was rivaling Ashlee's power in the Deja Vu class!) but think her body type will turn K&J off. pity, she's a powerhouse

Brittany Elle (@thebrittanyelle) - 99% sure she's confirmed, saw a post with her and a few other confirmeds recording auditions, she's the assistant director for AAIA and also did DMD so she def has the training, but she looked a lil rusty in the one Jenn class video I found with her

Katelyn Pittman (@_katelynpittman_) - confirmed, think she could make TCC this year but idk about actual team

Shelby Ranley (@shelbytyler_) - pretty certain considering her caption for her post about the Intensive, but can't find any videos so no idea about her chances

Aysia Watson (@aysiachanelle) - confirmed in comments on her Intensive post, can't find any videos of her dancing but idk how K&J will feel about a Hooters girl - could be in her favor, could very much not be

Kylie Snyder (@ksnydz2711) - pretty confirmed based on comments in her Intensive post, but I don't think DCC is really her style. (also funny story, she's dating the brother of a college friend of mine!)

Brooke Marvel (@brookemarvel) - she was in the photo with Caroline and Anna Kate where they were filming auditions so I think she's auditioning this year despite only being a freshman iirc, she def has the style but idk if she has the power this year

Amber Laiche (@amberlaiche) - almost definitely, she's been in a Jenn class at least weekly for the last four months, and I could see her having a real shot - her kicks are great, her style is there, the power is def there

Hannah Kalchthaler (@hannahlizkal) - pretty likely, think she might end up on one of the smaller Dallas teams first (AAIA? she's apparently close with Stockton) but has a decent shot

Melanie Parker (@Melpark111) - thought she was done but she's been in prep classes recently, might have a shot at TCC this year but her style still isn't where I think K&J would like it to be

Erin Erxleben  (@erinerxleben) - definitely confirmed in an Instagram post, style leaves something to be desired... but also posted in her story today that she's moving? and that her situation is temporary? does that sound like finals to y'all?? cuz it sounds like finals to me

Carlye Zeringue (@carlye_zeringue) - apparently confirmed as a semifinalist, Insta is private so can't find videos to see her chances

Maybes: Kennedy Jo Wright, Abby Stockton, Sarah Parton, Elaney Dominguez (all AAIAs who auditioned last year but haven't been spotted at any DCC classes this year to my knowledge)

Madeline Salter (thought she was done but then went to Intensive??)

Bailey Riley (don't know enough, private acct)

Kristyn Theriot, Hallie Reggio (both auditioned for TAMU dance this week so maybe were using DCC classes to prep for that?)

Trinity Tyson, Abbi (Florence) Quick (both still focused on school imo)

Jourdan Blight (won't return for a 2nd year on Baylor Songleaders, unclear if she was cut or just didn't audition... very confused)

Annellyse Munroe (cannot figure her out! She's all over the place - taking Jenn's class in person, taking class in Miami, dancing for the Knicks in the playoffs - where are you and what are you doingggggg)

Riley Berger (went to Intensive but super young and can't find any evidence she took class)

Anna Kate posted on her IG that she was reauditioning for TCU Showgirls🧐and she was helping Caroline with her solo for auditions.  I apologize if this has already been mentioned🤓

• Useful 4
2 hours ago, StellaCL said:

AAIA tends to fare a bit better than the DSIG... Stephanie, Kelsey L, Kristin , and a few others all eventually made DCC... but, if IRC, Sarah Idziak's sister, Tessa Grace, never made it to TC and she is DSIG... I don't know if she was DSIG prior to tryouts though or if happened after.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, Lona said:

Trying to force a script on a reality show about *CMT's favorites trying out in real life for a real squad. 

For all the hate Kelli and Judy get, I have NO intention for letting CMT off the hook. There must've been a change in producers or something to make last year so CRUEL. Again, I know K&J get the rap for most of that. But still. 

Two years ago actually.  Remember all those scripted moments in Season 14?

“We think we can go a little more inside the conversations the [aspiring cheerleaders] are having and show their empowerment,” said Stu Schreiberg, the show’s executive producer. “Chris and Nina say they want to celebrate the positive in our society, and our show fits right into that.”

Celebrate the positive in our society and MTT fits right into that????

Hilary Duff Laughing GIF by YoungerTV

• LOL 3
25 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

AAIA tends to fare a bit better than the DSIG... Stephanie, Kelsey L, Kristin , and a few others all eventually made DCC... but, if IRC, Sarah Idziak's sister, Tessa Grace, never made it to TC and she is DSIG... I don't know if she was DSIG prior to tryouts though or if happened after.  

I know for sure Tessa auditioned for DCC in 2016, 2017, and 2019. She may have auditioned other years too. She's been on the Stars team since the 2017 hockey season.

• Useful 1
40 minutes ago, Itswhatisaid said:

How do you guys know all of this stuff? It’s always crazy seeing how accurate people are here. I wouldn’t even know where to begin to find out about new hopefuls 😂

If you start with prep classes - especially Jenn K's - cause they will tag her and it shows up on her IG stories, so you get names from there.  Or she will post videos on IG and tag who is in them.  That's a good way to start forming your impression of them too.  Oh, and also to get an idea if a current vet or rookie is improving.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Dtowngal5280 said:

Season 12 Tara looks great in the 4th pic!

TT.PNG

Oh, cool! Tori and Julia in the bottom left! I know Julia had a bad media say, but I would’ve loved to see both as DCCs!

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, Dtowngal5280 said:

Season 12 Tara looks great in the 4th pic!

She does. It amazes me how weight issues seem to go away when these women leave DCC.

18 minutes ago, Lona said:

Oh, cool! Tori and Julia in the bottom left! I know Julia had a bad media say, but I would’ve loved to see both as DCCs!

And Hunter Blackwell. I really don't care how many "classic" novels she did or didn't read.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I really don't care how many "classic" novels she did or didn't read.

Pretty sure they never used that excuse again. 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Two years ago actually.  Remember all those scripted moments in Season 14?

“We think we can go a little more inside the conversations the [aspiring cheerleaders] are having and show their empowerment,” said Stu Schreiberg, the show’s executive producer. “Chris and Nina say they want to celebrate the positive in our society, and our show fits right into that.”

Celebrate the positive in our society and MTT fits right into that????

Hilary Duff Laughing GIF by YoungerTV

That must be the season where they threw Daphne a fake graduation ceremony, but then also tried to use the death of Shaina's friends as content...

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Lona said:

I'm so happy for Tara ~ she looks absolutely amazing!!  And I'm sure she is kicking ass ~ imo, I thought she was the stronger of the two between she and Savannah, but she wasn't "on" during the time that she was cut.....It seemed like she was really going through something though, a rough time.  As much as I liked her, I did understand why she was cut when she was, I was actually worried about her at that time.   I have no doubt that she is at the top of her game now killing it!   I was pulling for Tori and Julia too ~ I thought they both should have made it.   Although not only the bad media day, but the situation with her visit with K&J then throwing the F bomb towards the camera (nobody can convince me otherwise) (and brushing CiCi off when she was coming to show her support 😥)....that was her demise.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

And Hunter Blackwell. I really don't care how many "classic" novels she did or didn't read.

3 hours ago, Lona said:

Pretty sure they never used that excuse again. 😂

Incredible!

As if Kelli has read that many 'classic' novels!

• LOL 7
On 5/26/2021 at 4:16 PM, Rut14 said:

There were 3 former DSIGs who made the DCC: Candace Carr, Alyssa Sarasani, and Emily Claire

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
On 5/26/2021 at 3:37 PM, PepperM said:
On 5/26/2021 at 3:31 PM, scorpio1031 said:

I thought Erin Erxleben didn’t make it??

Do you have @carlye_zeringue on your list?  Supposedly in the second round.

I thought I read that too, but then her story today talked about a temporary move and now I don't know 😂 she said today was a bad day though so maybe she's referring to something else making her move

She didn't make it, she's auditioning for Houston Texans:

image.thumb.png.6febb5e623950ea27fe84af0294698a6.png

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, DCCland said:

Does anyone know if the vets have started auditioning yet? If so are they sending videos this year or doing it in person? And who won vet of the year?

Several have IG stories saying they've sent their video submissions in...    Gina was VotY and McKenzie was RotY.

• Love 3
On 5/26/2021 at 4:59 PM, Holly85 said:

That was never a DMD team.  Those were just a group of girls and boys  that never auditioned, Stephanie just put them together to dance at a couple of games and called them Mavs.   Definitely not DMD.

Ahh thank you! That makes a lot more sense. 

On 5/26/2021 at 9:02 PM, sleepyjean said:

In addition to Anna Kate and Alia, Sage Greenhouse is another potential sister act. (@sage_quinn and @blissfullysage, but I think they might be private.) She is Mia (Greenhouse) Pruitt's youngest sister. She was on OU Pom, graduated in December, and is back in Dallas. There have been no indications that she will audition for DCC, but I'm keeping an eye out anyway.

Yes! I actually think Sage did either go to prep class or the Intensive and I started following her, so maybe? The sage_quinn acct is public, or was when I followed at least  

I’ve requested Alia, saw that she was a bridesmaid in a wedding where Dani was one too? Crazy the connections between these girls, small world. I haven’t seen any evidence she’s prepping but totally possible. I’d be surprised if Cici retired though if her sister is trying out, unless there was some other underlying factor like injury. 

On 5/26/2021 at 2:09 PM, PepperM said:

Soooo you're my hero for compiling this! I haven't been able to find anyone else I think is likely auditioning that isn't on here. Using this list, here's my take on likely auditionees and how I think things will go for them. 

Tori Skillings (@toriskillings) - maybe confirmed - liked an Insta comment about her reauditioning, barring disaster should make it

Cassie Schroeder (@cassieschroeder) - confirmed, might make TCC again but she's still not as clean or picking things up as quickly as I think K&J will want

Ashlinn Maze (@ashlinnmaze) - confirmed, barring disaster should make it - she's made STRIDES

Claire Doolin (@whoop_claire_it_is) - confirmed, but I'm VERY on the fence - some days she's good, some days she's still a bit of a mess, but she's upped her game for sure

Shannan Slattery (@shannanslattery) - likely, can't see why she would've stayed in Dallas if not to audition again, but I'm not convinced she'll make it

Lindsay Barnes (@lindsaymbarnes) - likely, doesn't have the power yet imo but I could see her making TCC

Crystal Rose (@crystalssglamour) - almost certainly auditioning, can't see her making TC - needs more time and cleaning

Alexa May (@alexamay13) - likely, and I think this could be her year! She's looked great at Jenn's classes

Bre Sweeny Harker (@breharker) - likely, could be a TCC contender but I don't think she'll make it this year

Anna Kate Sundvold (@annakatesundvold) - idk why but I just have this sneaking suspicion that she is ready to put the boots on and rock the stars with her sister this year. Caroline helped her and some of her teammates with filming auditions around the time that DCC auditions were opening - could have been for TCU but the timing was sussss

Madisyn Daniel (@madisyn_daniel) - I think she'll audition? But I don't see it yet, not enough power

Amanda Howard (@amanda__howard) - I think confirmed? I like her a lot, and she's got a great public personality, I think she'd be a good ambassador. Dance might be a little too rigid right now but I think she has potential

Aria Celine (@ariaceline) - confirmed in a previous Insta post from a Jenn class, I think she could make TCC but her rib tattoo may be problematic for her

Natalie Hillman (@nataliehillman23) - likely, could see TCC but doesn't stand out to me as a winner yet

Kennedy Stanley (@kennedyystanleyy) - confirmed in comments on Maddie's retirement post that she is auditioning, could see her making TCC but I think K&J will want her to go to college and come back - she's headed to UNT

Shawnee Weatherley (@shawnee.weatherley) - was counting down the days til she could tryout as of late 2019, so I think she's pretty confirmed lol. Can't see her making the team though, definitely needs some time. 

Darian Tisdale (@itsdariandarling) - possible, but nothing exceptionally convincing to say either way, could see her in finals (she was rivaling Ashlee's power in the Deja Vu class!) but think her body type will turn K&J off. pity, she's a powerhouse

Brittany Elle (@thebrittanyelle) - 99% sure she's confirmed, saw a post with her and a few other confirmeds recording auditions, she's the assistant director for AAIA and also did DMD so she def has the training, but she looked a lil rusty in the one Jenn class video I found with her

Katelyn Pittman (@_katelynpittman_) - confirmed, think she could make TCC this year but idk about actual team

Shelby Ranley (@shelbytyler_) - pretty certain considering her caption for her post about the Intensive, but can't find any videos so no idea about her chances

Aysia Watson (@aysiachanelle) - confirmed in comments on her Intensive post, can't find any videos of her dancing but idk how K&J will feel about a Hooters girl - could be in her favor, could very much not be

Kylie Snyder (@ksnydz2711) - pretty confirmed based on comments in her Intensive post, but I don't think DCC is really her style. (also funny story, she's dating the brother of a college friend of mine!)

Brooke Marvel (@brookemarvel) - she was in the photo with Caroline and Anna Kate where they were filming auditions so I think she's auditioning this year despite only being a freshman iirc, she def has the style but idk if she has the power this year

Amber Laiche (@amberlaiche) - almost definitely, she's been in a Jenn class at least weekly for the last four months, and I could see her having a real shot - her kicks are great, her style is there, the power is def there

Hannah Kalchthaler (@hannahlizkal) - pretty likely, think she might end up on one of the smaller Dallas teams first (AAIA? she's apparently close with Stockton) but has a decent shot

Melanie Parker (@Melpark111) - thought she was done but she's been in prep classes recently, might have a shot at TCC this year but her style still isn't where I think K&J would like it to be

Erin Erxleben  (@erinerxleben) - definitely confirmed in an Instagram post, style leaves something to be desired... but also posted in her story today that she's moving? and that her situation is temporary? does that sound like finals to y'all?? cuz it sounds like finals to me

Carlye Zeringue (@carlye_zeringue) - apparently confirmed as a semifinalist, Insta is private so can't find videos to see her chances

Maybes: Kennedy Jo Wright, Abby Stockton, Sarah Parton, Elaney Dominguez (all AAIAs who auditioned last year but haven't been spotted at any DCC classes this year to my knowledge)

Madeline Salter (thought she was done but then went to Intensive??)

Bailey Riley (don't know enough, private acct)

Kristyn Theriot, Hallie Reggio (both auditioned for TAMU dance this week so maybe were using DCC classes to prep for that?)

Trinity Tyson, Abbi (Florence) Quick (both still focused on school imo)

Jourdan Blight (won't return for a 2nd year on Baylor Songleaders, unclear if she was cut or just didn't audition... very confused)

Annellyse Munroe (cannot figure her out! She's all over the place - taking Jenn's class in person, taking class in Miami, dancing for the Knicks in the playoffs - where are you and what are you doingggggg)

Riley Berger (went to Intensive but super young and can't find any evidence she took class)

It’s tryout season for Caroline sisters college team she is on 

• Love 2

Sooooo on the other DCC thread the 2020 social media one - Dr Manhattan who confirmed the 8 retirees has said the surprise retirement is Victoria! 

whether this also turns out to be true we’ll soon see but they were right last time 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
30 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Sooooo on the other DCC thread the 2020 social media one - Dr Manhattan who confirmed the 8 retirees has said the surprise retirement is Victoria! 

whether this also turns out to be true we’ll soon see but they were right last time 

I just read that also.  😳

4 hours ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Whattttttttttt? There’s no way I can’t believe it! I would think she would want to be a DCC for 5 years and become point eventually 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, DCCland said:

Whattttttttttt? There’s no way I can’t believe it! I would think she would want to be a DCC for 5 years and become point eventually 

She hasn't posted on either insta accounts for ages, neither has the BF so unfortunately no clues there

This is one to watch for sure. Let the organization glam her up a little(obv. Already glamorous) and she could go far 🤭 I wonder how she dances. It seems like she has a lot of charisma 

710A2AD8-D66D-428C-AF98-F6CA7DBE8D81.jpeg

AF0631C6-139F-4858-852B-698DA2497919.jpeg

• Love 9