Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, Stee said:

We'll have to wait to see them dance before we can assess if they are the best, but I can certainly say it's the whitest we've seen in a long time!

Now if we could just get Dance Coach Reacts (YouTuber) to comment on their dance videos like he did last year! 

• Love 5

I keep seeing these TCU Showgirl cowboy boots thanks to all of the TCC y’all keep posting and I REALLY want a pair now. Even tho I graduated in 2003 and they’d get worn all of two times per year that I go to a TCU game 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• Love 3
2 hours ago, WoofDCC said:

No news on Claire Doolin?

She’s been pretty mum and appears to have blocked some people whose handles are the same on IG as they are here, so probably doesn’t want people snooping about in her stuff... which seems to me to indicate that she didn’t make it back and is pretty sensitive about it. Can’t really blame her though 😞

• Useful 1
On 5/26/2021 at 1:32 PM, KoKo said:

Hence the term "Friday Night Lights" in re: playing football as a kid.  The term was represented into a movie with Billy Bob Thornton and spinned off into a series for several seasons - it wasn't an exaggeration!!   Just Texas alone, it epitomized the attitude and obsession how the whole community supports their high school football team/coaching staff and all that that implies! Very serious business.       I'm the daughter of a high school football coach and the mother of a high school/college quarterback~in both communities that I lived in, the whole town was present in the stands on Friday night and it was electric, the stands were packed !!   My adrenaline still flows just from the amazing memories, esp. watching my son play with his team, my daughter on her cheer/dance team, the parents who were more like family, the crowds......all this still doesn't really describe it.   I'm absolutely not singling out Texas, I know it's important in every state in the US, but only living in Texas, I know it's HUGE. 

Both the movie and TV show are book adaptations. “Friday Night Lights: A Town, a Team, and a Dream” is a 1990 nonfiction book written by H. G. “Buzz” Bissinger. It follows the story of the 1988 Permian High School Panthers football team from Odessa as they made a run towards the Texas state championship. It was later adapted for television and film.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
On 1/27/2021 at 8:51 AM, Tuxcat said:

Kristin is a wild card. I think she's retiring. She spoke out against DCC-MTT but has back peddled a lot and is consistently praising the show and the organization now. Am sure she's had conversations with TPTB. So she might decide for another year, unless she is moving with her boyfriend. Either way she needs to keep those DCC connections for her fitness business too.

I hope she does.  I have always found her to be boring and I imagine the rookies will try out again because of their abnormal performance year.  We need some drop outs to make room!

On 5/28/2021 at 10:18 PM, DCCland said:

Whattttttttttt? There’s no way I can’t believe it! I would think she would want to be a DCC for 5 years and become point eventually 

Maybe Kelli pulled her aside and said there will be no favoritism.  HA... never! 

• LOL 1
15 hours ago, WoofDCC said:

No news on Claire Doolin?

considering she hasn’t posted about it i’m assuming not. not a fan of her look so im not surprised/bothered. i just saw that she and cassie have been hanging out with rookie DCC all year, oop

• Love 3

Cassie I believe was roommates with Alanna or some other DCC.  That has to be the hardest part of competing for the team, your friends not making it or you not getting to be on the team with your friends.  So many of them train together, do prep classes and know each other through the connections they’ve made through school, and other parts of the dance world.  I really feel for them.  

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Lynnbo said:

Cassie I believe was roommates with Alanna or some other DCC.  That has to be the hardest part of competing for the team, your friends not making it or you not getting to be on the team with your friends.  So many of them train together, do prep classes and know each other through the connections they’ve made through school, and other parts of the dance world.  I really feel for them.  

I think that she lived with Alanna, Dani, and Eli 

On 5/30/2021 at 12:58 PM, KnyghtRyder said:

I have no opinion about Marissa, and I never made any comments about her during TC.  But for me, it never really seemed like anyone had a problem with Marissa actually Tic-Toc-ing (is that a verb now?), it was more the content she was posting. I know some were put off by maybe Marissas personal opinions creeping into her content, which may in turn have a negative effect on her employer (here being DCC). I never really saw that.  But I did think her content was embarrassingly cringeworthy. She was trying so hard to be funny. And she just isn’t. Or maybe she is, but it wasn’t translating into her videos. TicTocs? I don’t know what they are called. 

I get immature & attention whore vibes from her.   Just not a fan.. I see the content of what she posts & immediately think “Brennen, who defines class, intelligent & role model was cut for someone like this?”   There is more to DCC than dance skills according to Kelli.   😉

• Love 10
27 minutes ago, vlc said:

I get immature & attention whore vibes from her.   Just not a fan.. I see the content of what she posts & immediately think “Brennen, who defines class, intelligent & role model was cut for someone like this?”   There is more to DCC than dance skills according to Kelli.   😉

I know you are entitled to your opinion, but it makes me sad. My 20 year old daughter does tic toc and you tube and she’s the sweetest kid. I’d hate for her to be characterized that way.  (All twenty year olds are kids to this old lady lol.) I’ve found Marissa to be sweet as well in my few interactions with her.  Marissa scored higher than a bunch of people, including many vets, so not sure why she gets lumped in with those who took Brennan’s spot either.  I liked Brennan too btw. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, vlc said:

Same.   I really don't like her look and whether younger folks use Tik Tok to her extreme or not, the content of what she posts comes across very immature and yes, at times, just for attention.

I have tried to like Marissa but have come to realize it's not going to happen and that's okay. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

Already reported, but here's the official confirmation.

Madeline.thumb.JPG.e89e72c3d45a0e6d762ed9a106db63c9.JPG

"Let's go earn those boots!"

Is it weird I already love her as a DCC and TC hasn't even started yet! 😂

And of course there's always that remarkable and admirable position of hers regarding legacy status! 

• Love 18
2 hours ago, MeeMee2 said:

So excited for her! She looks great! Hope she kills it! 

She is very strong in some videos she has posted.  Also she works at the dance studio owned by the family of former DCC Evan Anderson, so I am sure she has had some good coaching.

• Love 9

I've seen speculation that Kelsey Lowrance may have tried out to return and has been at a bunch of Jen's prep classes. Does anyone know if she did and if she made it to training camp? She was prob one of the prettiest DCC but then... all the unnecessary plastic surgery ruined her for me & the blonde hair, no, no, no she was soooooo pretty with dark hair and her stunning eyes... 

• Love 8
On 5/31/2021 at 5:43 AM, Pau84 said:

I added the new TCC's to KITKATKITTY's chart for overview

All in all, a very promising list of training camp candidates. Dare I say, best in a long time?

287160710_TCC2021new.jpeg.7be132f360ff72b4abaa1d52a776aaf0.jpeg

I seriously still can't get over how bland this group looks. I mean Amanda, Bre, Jensen & Megan are the same person....

So is Christina and KayDianna ..

Thank god for Amber, Kleine, Madisyn & Tyra for providing some spunk! Really hoping for some diversity in those last couple of unconfirmed girls...

• Love 9
(edited)
19 hours ago, TB12 said:

I've seen speculation that Kelsey Lowrance may have tried out to return and has been at a bunch of Jen's prep classes. Does anyone know if she did and if she made it to training camp? She was prob one of the prettiest DCC but then... all the unnecessary plastic surgery ruined her for me & the blonde hair, no, no, no she was soooooo pretty with dark hair and her stunning eyes... 

I have heard that same speculation.  If she did try out, I have not seen if she made TC

Edited by Christineelgene
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

I have heard that same speculation.  If she did try out, she did not make TC.  

What makes you say that? Not every girl who makes camp announces it immediately. Honestly I wonder if she even tried out or of that was just people getting suspicious bc she decided to get back to dancing more efficient could just be bc she wanted the physical outlet and to be with friends

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, go4luca said:

the content of what she posts comes across very immature and yes, at times, just for attention.

I see an interesting parallel between Marissa and Victoria: Both girls have a mother whose sole goal is to push their daughter front and center all the time, no matter what.

So, it is not necessarily about the girls. It's what their mothers turned them into....And the people on here see past the outer appearance and they don't like what they see.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Lona said:

"Let's go earn those boots!"

Is it weird I already love her as a DCC and TC hasn't even started yet! 😂

And of course there's always that remarkable and admirable position of hers regarding legacy status! 

She is the opposite of entitled which is one of the many reasons why we are rooting for her. 

• Love 17
5 hours ago, go4luca said:

Same.   I really don't like her look and whether younger folks use Tik Tok to her extreme or not, the content of what she posts comes across very immature and yes, at times, just for attention.

I have tried to like Marissa but have come to realize it's not going to happen and that's okay. 

That was exactly my point,  it is not not using social media platforms, but the content which seems very “immature/attention whore.”    

• Love 4
4 hours ago, TB12 said:

She’s back to darker hair, suits her better for sure. 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Bigorangecatmom said:

She is the opposite of entitled which is one of the many reasons why we are rooting for her. 

I heard the exact opposite, that her "humble" stuff is fake.  She's one I am definitely not rooting for.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
38 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I heard the exact opposite, that her "humble" stuff is fake.  She's one I am definitely not rooting for.

i think the legacy thing is just something she said to sound good, because she knew it would sound good lol. i hope she really thinks that way but 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, vanillagum said:

i think the legacy thing is just something she said to sound good, because she knew it would sound good lol. i hope she really thinks that way but 

Which legacy thing? You mean what she said in her interview? I thought she didn't even consider herself a legacy till she makes the team. 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, MeeMee2 said:

Which legacy thing? You mean what she said in her interview? I thought she didn't even consider herself a legacy till she makes the team. 

Yeah that...I recall hearing that's what she said, just not how she behaved.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Wait Madeline, really? Oh do tell bc I am rooting for her but if she is fake... 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Everything on the show is edited ofcourse, so without the knowledge of additional real life information we, the viewers, have only the footage of the show to go on.

Based on this information (and we will get a whole new season on top of this) Madeline Salter does not come off as fake to me, rather the opposite (for full disclosure, I am on #TeamMadelineSalter). Perhaps there is more information about her that should be taken into consideration, information that could change our view of Madeline Salter.

Are there such real life examples of the fakeness of Madeline Salter?

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Since announcing point is part of auditions I would like to guess that Amanda and Ashlee will share point for 2021. And that would make me happy. I like both their abilities, and they’re both beautiful. 

• Love 13
(edited)

Well $hit!  I leave the forum for a few weeks and try not to be obsessed with this dang show and I come back to VICTORIA RETIRING!!!!???? What???  I’m shocked.  I wasn’t too surprised by the others, but I honestly thought VK would remain thru her 20s and into her 30s if someone would have let her.  I do notice she doesn’t post much on social media.  I’ll think positive, maybe she’s going away to school and getting out of the DCC bubble!  That’s my hope for her, go live girl! 

Edited by KickPretty
Typos
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Yep I heard the same thing, that she played good for the cameras but then was a all about being a legacy in the locker room and acting superior bc of it. Nope not a fan but really curious to see if she'll make it this time as she'd then be the blonde legacy story for the year. 

I also thought it was really odd that Kelli "didn't realize" she was a legacy and remembered in the room after the free style round the she cheered with Madeline's mom. Pretty sus to me (ugh yeah it's summer break but my middle school students are still in my head lol)

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Didn't Madeline S. try out last year too? I seem to recall she auditioned in 2020 but we didn't see it on the show? Wonder what changed between then and now?

(btw will she become Maddie this season? she is called Maddie on her bio)

2 hours ago, Duffer said:

Since announcing point is part of auditions I would like to guess that Amanda and Ashlee will share point for 2021. And that would make me happy. I like both their abilities, and they’re both beautiful. 

I would love this; however, I doubt Rachel W will get demoted.

Sometimes I think I'd love to see a different girl every week up there. Some people might shine when they get up there! Surely if you're on show group, you've got a shot.

However, if we're going for a solo point, it has to be Gina for me. The girl has worked her ass off and deserves the recognition! However, Lexie's been high up in the triangle for a while now so maybe she'll get to share it?

• Love 16
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

That's unfortunate if its true. :(  I thought she came across as very gracious, took criticism well, and had a good attitude despite being pegged as "weak" because of her lack of power. The only thing that gave me pause was when Kelli made a stank face during prelims and tried to pretend that she didn't know who Madeline's mom was... despite being on the squad with her the same time. Like what? It would be like if 25 years from now Kat didn't remember Bridget. 

• Love 10
45 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Didn't Madeline S. try out last year too? I seem to recall she auditioned in 2020 but we didn't see it on the show? Wonder what changed between then and now?

(btw will she become Maddie this season? she is called Maddie on her bio)

Yes and she didn't make it to training camp. Not sure how far she actually got last year. I only watched the last few episodes, so Idk how they went about showing auditions and stuff at the beginning, since it was all online before camp. Did they mention any girls that had previously tried out on the show?

• Love 1

I’ll be interested to see how Madeline S. does this year. If it is true that she’s playing to the cameras then she’s darn good at it LOL. 

Still #TeamMadeline for now! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
(edited)
2 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Yes and she didn't make it to training camp. Not sure how far she actually got last year. I only watched the last few episodes, so Idk how they went about showing auditions and stuff at the beginning, since it was all online before camp. Did they mention any girls that had previously tried out on the show?

They showed the auditions of the girls that made it and they showed the bad auditions that Melissa Rycroft is so fond of.

They did not mention anything about girls who had previously tried out.

22 hours ago, JayDKay said:

I seriously still can't get over how bland this group looks. I mean Amanda, Bre, Jensen & Megan are the same person....

So is Christina and KayDianna ..

Thank god for Amber, Kleine, Madisyn & Tyra for providing some spunk! Really hoping for some diversity in those last couple of unconfirmed girls...

These are the only similarities between Christina and KayDianna:

• gorgeous
  • high cheekboned
  • not blond

However, the heavy, heavy, heavy, heavy tanning practices by Christina Ostovich made her look like KayDianna, a girl that definitely does not need to tan.

Here she is with her proud mother

202677539_Screenshot2021-06-01at21_22_16.thumb.png.493c2f512671d7b0c611c1f469537b77.png

These two can Make the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Glorious Again!

Edited by Pau84
typo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

I would love this; however, I doubt Rachel W will get demoted.

Sometimes I think I'd love to see a different girl every week up there. Some people might shine when they get up there! Surely if you're on show group, you've got a shot.

However, if we're going for a solo point, it has to be Gina for me. The girl has worked her ass off and deserves the recognition! However, Lexie's been high up in the triangle for a while now so maybe she'll get to share it?

This will be an unpopular opinion, but I wouldn’t like to see Gina as point, yes she can dance and add something to it, however, I find she’s too thin, scarily and unhealthily so. Also she’s known for editing her pics and that for me isn’t a good example for teens and girls as were trying to move away/teach girls to be happy within themselves and not need to edit photos to look slimmer.

I’m so for Amanda or Kelcey as point. Maybe even Chandi she’s been bringing it and wowing me in prep class videos 

• Love 18