Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

He says he’s not sure he even wants to be touring.  I wonder why he’s pushing it, under such circumstances.  

I would imagine that Phil Collins probably lives a very expensive lifestyle. With music sales pretty much disappearing and streaming making almost no money, if he needs a certain amount of money coming in, it's either tour or license your songs for stuff like commercials and movies.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
16 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I would imagine that Phil Collins probably lives a very expensive lifestyle. With music sales pretty much disappearing and streaming making almost no money, if he needs a certain amount of money coming in, it's either tour or license your songs for stuff like commercials and movies.

Good points!

Not to mention that if what the elder Mr. Collins is saying is true about being 'barely able to hold a drumstick', then that likely means that he may have had to hire at least one personal assistant and/or nurse to help him function on his own on a day-to-day basis (e.g. getting dressed/undressed, using eating utensils,etc.).

I also don't envy the younger Mr. Nicholas Collins who is not only will somewhat need to carry a landmark band while being several decades younger than all the other members but also likely also has had to deal with the continuing fallout of his parents' busted union.     As recently as 2020, his mother  the former Orienne Cevey secretly married a 2nd time after divorcing the elder Mr. Collins- and attempted to squat herself and her new 3rd husband in a Miami home that had been entirely paid for by her 1st ex husband! It seems the elder Mr. Collins was FINALLY able to sell the home outright this year  but I'm not sure what's become of the other couple. However, it can't be easy for the younger Mr. Collins and his brother to have had to have to deal with all that.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

That’s only true if he managed his money poorly. He made more than enough that he should be able to live an expensive lifestyle off the interest. 

1 hour ago, Blergh said:

Not to mention that if what the elder Mr. Collins is saying is true about being 'barely able to hold a drumstick', then that likely means that he may have had to hire at least one personal assistant and/or nurse to help him function on his own on a day-to-day basis (e.g. getting dressed/undressed, using eating utensils,etc.).

I also wouldn’t assume that. The muscle control necessary to hold and use drumsticks is different than what is needed for day to day activities. Plenty of people can function independently with limited dexterity. 

56 minutes ago, Dani said:

That’s only true if he managed his money poorly. He made more than enough that he should be able to live an expensive lifestyle off the interest. 

I guess it depends. He could have managed his money very well and assumed that music sales would be a significant portion of his income for the rest of his life and pay for things like mansions and cars and butlers and everything else. If that portion were to disappear his only options would be to have fewer butlers (and make other cuts), or find ways to replace that income.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I guess it depends. He could have managed his money very well and assumed that music sales would be a significant portion of his income for the rest of his life and pay for things like mansions and cars and butlers and everything else. If that portion were to disappear his only options would be to have fewer butlers (and make other cuts), or find ways to replace that income.

It's nothing to hear about regular everyday people who've lived fairly well in their prime having to downsize once they reach retirement due to less income coming in, health issues etc. Perhaps those who've had extremely lucrative careers sometimes have to do the same. He may still be able to live better than the average person, but maybe not as lavishly.  

• Useful 4
On 9/9/2021 at 11:46 AM, Blergh said:

I'd say that Miss Giannulli is the worse of the two  possible choices since her mother Miss Laughlin at least does possess some talent  and charm  . But since I've never bothered to watch that show, it's a bit of a moot point for me. However , (unless they each do sincere mea culpas for their past actions),  I genuinely  hope no one else decides to have her or that The Miz character featured in   any productions after this.

When all this broke, I really thought Miss Giannulli's best action would have been to party her ass around Europe for a couple of years and maintain a low profile, but then COVID hit. This girl seems really addicted to the idea of fame, though, but also doesn't seem to get that she's only going to get "infamy." She still seems to think that at some point companies are going to change their minds and want her to sponsor their products again.

• Love 11
On 9/7/2021 at 11:41 PM, Jaded said:

I had to look up John Mulaney because my first response was "he's way too old to be having children".  I was thinking of John Mahoney (Frasier's dad, amongst other roles).

On 9/9/2021 at 5:55 AM, WinnieWinkle said:

I had known the UK had a horrendous tax rate back then but didn't realize how bad it was until I read a biography of Agatha Christie recently.  According to this biographer the tax situation for her was horrible and she ended up leaving a much smaller estate than you would expect from someone who was (and still is) one of the world's best selling novelists!

I improved my French language skills by reading Agatha Christie in French.  Her writing/grammar is so basic and prosaic it's a good way to learn a foreign language.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6

This is taking relationship abuse to the extreme claiming it caused her to commit fraud because she was under his influence. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/theranos-founder-elizabeth-holmes-has-unusual-defense-her-fraud-trial-ncna1278311

It doesn't seem to be her only defense also claiming it was just a failed business.  

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/fraud-trial-theranos-founder-elizabeth-holmes-set-begin-2021-09-08/

I dont think either defense will work. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

No they won't.    The "he made it do it" defense ignores the fact she was at Stanford when she came up with the idea, was told by her female professors it will never work and said "Fine I'll just go ask the men."   Who threw lots of money at her because she was blonde and spoke in a low voice.   She knew it was unworkable but made promises anyway.   

The failed business one might be better if not for her being everywhere making such grand promises that she KNEW were not true.   

The part of this I have never understood is why Walgreens bought into without every independently verifying her claims.   You would think THEY at least would be more business savvy than to fall for a blonde with a low voice selling snake oil.

• Love 15
25 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

No they won't.    The "he made it do it" defense ignores the fact she was at Stanford when she came up with the idea, was told by her female professors it will never work and said "Fine I'll just go ask the men."   Who threw lots of money at her because she was blonde and spoke in a low voice.   She knew it was unworkable but made promises anyway.   

The failed business one might be better if not for her being everywhere making such grand promises that she KNEW were not true.   

The part of this I have never understood is why Walgreens bought into without every independently verifying her claims.   You would think THEY at least would be more business savvy than to fall for a blonde with a low voice selling snake oil.

The kicker is that's not Elizabeth Holmes's real voice, and she's not even a natural blonde. The only authentic thing about this bitch is that she's a sociopathic fraud.

• LOL 4
  • Love 15

Fellow comedian Lil Duval said on Twitter, “If you get offended from someone telling you to stop doing drugs that’s a sign that you should probably stop doing drugs.”

From that article. I mean...

Of course, she might have been reacting to the idea that it's easy to avoid drugs or to get sober but if you bring no nuance to the conversation, you're not going to get the benefit of the doubt.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Bastet said:

He shows himself as the total asshole he is in that LA Times interview, and her response is great.

Also, the linked article ticks me off with this choice of words:

How about:  "Buckingham, who physically abused Nicks during their relationship ..."

Yeah, he showed his true colors and I don't blame Stevie one bit. Who needs to live in a toxic environment like that? 

• Love 15

As a New Yorker, I have feelings about the way some people refuse to yield to pedestrians. It's not everyone but some drivers should have their licenses revoked. I'm not someone who looks down at my phone when I'm out and I don't listen to music or podcasts loud enough to not hear car horns. There are people who drive like they don't care if they hit you, even if you have right of way. I don't jaywalk because I have very little trust in drivers. If you're in the vehicle, it's your responsibility to drive carefully knowing how badly you could hurt a pedestrian. 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Dani said:

That’s a really bad headline. Cases being resolved with a plea just before trial (and sometimes during) is very normal. This makes it sound like the judge just decided not a have a trial which is not how is works. 

Thanks for the info! I was really confused as to what happened.

4 hours ago, bobalina said:

So how long until she's brokeand single.

That should be her right but broke seems unlikely since she still has people who can ensure that her money is protected and a prenup in place. 

The most recent reports say that she wants her conservator to continue working for her helping her to stay on track even if the conservatorship ends. That’s a really positive sign that Britney realizes she needs support but just doesn’t want to have no control. 

Edited by Guest
4 minutes ago, Dani said:

That should her right but broke seems unlikely since she still has people who can ensure that her money is protected and a prenup in place. 

The most recent reports say that she wants her conservator to continue working for her helping her to stay on track even if the conservatorship ends. That’s a really positive sign that Britney realizes she needs support but just doesn’t want to have no control. 

boy I hope so.   Because my first thought was "who paid for the ring?"

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, letter8358 said:

I'm not opposed to a black female 007. That's the one good thing the new movie is doing. I'm opposed to the rest of the movie. The trailers make it look like the same kind of nonsense the last three did, and I'd rather not waste my time and money for one good feature that'll probably be mishandled and/or too short anyway.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, merylinkid said:

boy I hope so.   Because my first thought was "who paid for the ring?"

If she was allowed to pay for the ring then I consider that a positive since she wasn't even allowed to pay for new kitchen cabinets before her appearance in court a few months ago. Sam seems hot and uncomplicated and she deserves to be happy in whatever way she wants.

She has 9 albums worth of music streaming out there (with maybe a tenth of B-Sides on the way based on what was recently registered with ASCAP), a very successful perfume line and several other sources of passive income. Even if she never performs again, she's always going to have money coming in. She has a trust set up for her kids (which we know because Jamie Lynn tried to get control of it last year) so they'll be set. Provided she gets a pre-nup, which she did with KFed, and doesn't overspend like crazy, she'll be fine financially. Will she be as rich in ten years as she is now? Probably not but most pop stars at 50 aren't as rich as they were at 40.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, bobalina said:

So how long until she's brokeand single.

She'll probably hold on to her money better than 50% of NFL players, and even with TBI, there's no push to put them under conservatorships. 

Speaking of NFL players and frittering away money to the point of becoming criminals, Hi Clinton Portis. 

These NFL players pled guilty to health care fraud.

Honestly, who gives a damn if Britney wants to pay 7million for a cord of fire wood and some lighter fluid, light it up and dance, streaming the whole thing live. It's her money. She can do whatever the fuck she wants with it.

Edited by BlackberryJam
Hit post too soon.
  • Love 14

Of course Miss Spears should be able to marry whatever legally unwed and non-related adult interested in her that  she wants.

However, I have to wonder if Mr. Asghari has truly thought  out about whether he wants to   permanently   deal with that large IMO dysfunctional and greedy pack of vultures/folks who share  at least some of her DNA!  I'm not saying Miss Spears herself would be the easiest(or  most issue-free)  person to be married to on her own but one can't ignore that that there'd some major albatrosses one would have to deal with via her DNA links.  Right now, he can just tell all of them 'BYE!'  and walk/run away but that would change upon saying 'I do!' 

I think I feel differently about this because I have a family member in a conservatorship. Her conservator has gone through the same kind of thing with her (mostly when she's not getting her own way) and when the whim or person moves on she settles down. 

First hand experience tells me this isn't being handled well. BTW our family stays out of the situation unless asked by the conservator to talk to the family member.

I'd feel way better if a court appointed doctor who's never treated Brittany would examine  her before ending the conservatorship.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, bobalina said:

I think I feel differently about this because I have a family member in a conservatorship. Her conservator has gone through the same kind of thing with her (mostly when she's not getting her own way) and when the whim or person moves on she settles down. 

First hand experience tells me this isn't being handled well. BTW our family stays out of the situation unless asked by the conservator to talk to the family member.

I'd feel way better if a court appointed doctor who's never treated Brittany would examine  her before ending the conservatorship.

What isn’t being handled well? There are really two separate issue at play with Britney, conservatorship or no conservatorship and father involved or no father involved. The second is what is primarily being decided now. The conservatorship isn’t ending right now. Britney hasn’t officially asked for it to end. It seems premature to make assumptions about what is going to happen.

Edited by Guest
5 hours ago, letter8358 said:

I saw Rose McGowen on the news recently and I think she on the road to crazy town...I think she made too many enemies. My opinion.

Rose McGowen got on the road to crazy town, bought herself a house there, & became mayor of the town a while ago. She blames everyone in Hollywood for what happened to her, & has been vocal about it. Even her good friends aren't standing by her anymore.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 9/11/2021 at 8:46 AM, Wiendish Fitch said:

The kicker is that's not Elizabeth Holmes's real voice, and she's not even a natural blonde. The only authentic thing about this bitch is that she's a sociopathic fraud.

Many women who are not natural blondes have had money thrown at them by men who are ruled by their penises.  It doesn't make them bitches.  (And calling any woman a bitch is offensive, inaccurate, unoriginal and misogynistic.)

Edited by Leeds
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, letter8358 said:

I saw Rose McGowen on the news recently and I think she on the road to crazy town...I think she made too many enemies. My opinion.

She’s been living in crazy town for awhile now but was still surprised by the choices she’s made in the last few days. Her personal vendetta is so strong that she is siding with people who don’t even believe her and have harassed other woman. Her press conference was bananas. 

Edited by Guest
2 hours ago, Leeds said:

Many women who are not natural blondes have had money thrown at them by men who are ruled by their penises.  It doesn't make them bitches.  (And calling any woman a bitch is offensive, inaccurate, unoriginal and misogynistic.)

Ok, how about a lying, deceiving asshole?

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Love 19

Ben Afleck pushes man away at Venice airport

I don't blame Ben one bit! When I was in Italy, a persistent horse driver came to me rather fast for me to ride in those old carriages and I went away to a safe corner. Of course, he didn't understand it and even though I was on vacation, I just felt vulnerable. I do have autism, though. I am not against going to another country and I love Italian food, but I had a very different experience. So I don't blame him for that. I know it is not right, but people that do this sort of thing, I don't have sympathy for.

Edited by letter8358
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

She'll probably hold on to her money better than 50% of NFL players, and even with TBI, there's no push to put them under conservatorships. 

Speaking of NFL players and frittering away money to the point of becoming criminals, Hi Clinton Portis. 

These NFL players pled guilty to health care fraud.

Honestly, who gives a damn if Britney wants to pay 7million for a cord of fire wood and some lighter fluid, light it up and dance, streaming the whole thing live. It's her money. She can do whatever the fuck she wants with it.

lol evidently that’s exactly what Brittany desires to do with her money!

Oh yes she also wants to show her ta tas as she dances around the ring of fire!

Go Brittany!

Random but what is that ring around Jennifer Lopez's hairline in the photo in that article? It's an inch or two before her hairline starts.

I don't blame him for pushing away someone aggressively trying to take a selfie. That's clearly what's happening in the photo. You can ask. If the celeb says no, you accept it. They're still people.

• Love 4

Rose McGowan got into a serious car accident in the 2007 that resulted in serious facial injuries and each time she does something I always wonder if there's some TBI going on there.

It's frustrating to watch because by all rights, Rose McGowan should be camping it up on Ryan Murphy Shows, but she's burned so many bridges it's ridiculous.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1