Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Blergh said:

The newlyweds look triumphant while Mrs. Spears looks frustrated that, via the marriage, Miss Spears is less vulnerable to Mrs. Spears's exploitation than in previous times. 

I don't see 'triumphant', but different strokes.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

She nor Jami Lynn were invited, dunno about daddio, though I doubt it)

He was not invited. Her brother was but he did not show. Her kids also didn't come.

• Useful 3

Any word if any member of the Asghari family attended their son's wedding to Miss Spears- and how do they get along with her (and vice versa)? Yeah, not that any of the above is my biz but I admit that I'm curious.

• Love 3
On 6/11/2022 at 9:49 PM, Zella said:

I'm not a Rebel Wilson fan and agree with everyone who was rolling their eyes at the term "Instagram official," but apparently Wilson announced it when she did and the way she did because an Australian newspaper was getting ready to out her. A columnist for the newspaper then had the audacity to be offended that she responded to their asking her for comment on the relationship by getting ahead of the story rather than just be outed by them. I don't blame her for trying to get ahead of the story and control the narrative on her terms (and scoop the assholes who then wanted to act like they were doing her a favor).

The paper was the Sydney Morning Herald and its editor at first defended their actions. However, after a weekend of being rightfully blasted on social media, the columnist in question apologized and the column removed. 

https://deadline.com/2022/06/rebel-wilson-sydney-morning-herald-outing-controversy-1235044071/

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I didn’t like Bieber very much at one time.  Then, I heard a song he co-wrote with Ed Sheeran.  I felt like I could have written it, especially the part about my mama not liking you.  (Bad relationship person I knew.)  Lol. I changed my perspective.  

I LOVE that song!  No shame!

• Love 8
(edited)
21 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I didn’t like Bieber very much at one time.  Then, I heard a song he co-wrote with Ed Sheeran.  I felt like I could have written it, especially the part about my mama not liking you.  (Bad relationship person I knew.)  Lol. I changed my perspective.  

I still don't like him very much, but as long as enough other people do, he'll be around.  And that's fine.  I don't have to listen to him (well, except for that stretch where I was trying to win a radio contest) and I very rarely have to look at him.

I definitely don't wish him or his wife ill with respect to their health issues. Heck, I don't wish Toby Keith ill, health-wise, either, and I actively really dislike him.

Edited by proserpina65
  • Like 1
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

The paper was the Sydney Morning Herald and its editor at first defended their actions. However, after a weekend of being rightfully blasted on social media, the columnist in question apologized and the column removed. 

https://deadline.com/2022/06/rebel-wilson-sydney-morning-herald-outing-controversy-1235044071/

Too little, too late. She should never have been put in that position to begin with. Just because she's famous doesn't mean she obligated to share her romantic interests with the world.

3 hours ago, RedElf said:

Ezra Miller has disappeared with the teenaged girl he was accused of grooming.

https://insidethemagic.net/2022/06/ezra-miller-kidnaps-teenager-and-vanishes-kb1

This guy has gotten full on scary, how has he been loose for so long?

• Applause 1
  • Love 14
(edited)

Oops - just realized we're in the Celebrity News thread, not the Hollywood Predators thread where this Ezra Miller story belongs.  I've now posted it over there.

(But I still can't get over how horribly written that linked article is.)

Edited by Bastet
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Eh My brother and I would have paid money to NOT have been dragged to my mom's next wedding after she and my dad divorced. We had no objection to my dad's next marriage but didn't get to attend that wedding.

I don't really think you can read too much into their relationship with their mom if they are there or if they are not there. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 2
  • Love 5
(edited)

Bryan Spears' girlfriend posted on social media that his daughter's graduation (elementary school I think) was at the same time as Britney's wedding. So he chose his daughter. Good on him.

Edited by Vermicious Knid
grr
  • Like 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Bryan Spears' girlfriend posted on social media that his daughter's graduation (elementary school I think) was at the same time as Britney's wedding. So he chose his daughter. Good on him.

IF what Mr. Spears's girlfriend has claimed is true, I would agree.

However, we need to keep in mind that, at best, this is a secondhand account of where Mr. Spears supposedly was and why. Perhaps if there was independent confirmation from Mr. Spears's daughter's elementary school that he, in fact, WAS there during their graduation service we could consider this an irrefutable fact. But, as of now, this is still speculation.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I want to be the secretary at that elementary school so that I get to answer  the call from a reporter demanding to know when the school held its graduation ceremony and wanting confirmation that Britney Spear’s niece attended.  Because you know they are getting those phone calls now.

• LOL 18
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Seems a bit odd that they weren't there.

Maybe they don't care for her new husband. 

I will say she's been consistent in keeping them out of the media.  But that may also be in part due to Federline's parenting.  Very little is written about him & his family these days, so the minimal exposure may be driven by him, in their custody agreement.  Or they agree.  There hasn't seemed to be any discord between them over the years. 

No way to know until the boys are old enough to write a tell-all book!  

• Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

Maybe they don't care for her new husband. 

I will say she's been consistent in keeping them out of the media.  But that may also be in part due to Federline's parenting.  Very little is written about him & his family these days, so the minimal exposure may be driven by him, in their custody agreement.  Or they agree.  There hasn't seemed to be any discord between them over the years. 

No way to know until the boys are old enough to write a tell-all book!  

It seems obvious that the boys have spent very little time alone with Brittney over the last decade or more and that their visits with her were highly supervised and usually very brief.  They probably barely know her and she them.

They might not be very close to her these days and they're also 15 and 16 years old and have probably seen a lot of the media circus that surrounds her and could want no part of it.

They're at an age where they should be able to decide for themselves if they want to attend their mother's wedding and get involved in the hoopla and I wouldn't blame them if they decided it wasn't their scene and stayed away.  We also don't know if Brittney even asked them or wanted them there nor what, if any, relationship they have with her groom. Maybe they don't like the guy, don't like the idea of her having more kids with him and don't want to be around him and have to pretend they're happy if they're not.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 14
(edited)
On 6/12/2022 at 6:53 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

They look so happy. 😐

(I didn't separate the mother from the pic.  She nor Jami Lynn were invited, dunno about daddio, though I doubt it)

bs.jpg

Not a fan of her wedding look.  Never liked chokers, don’t like the gloves and her hair looks sloppy.  The sketch of the dress looked great but just underwhelming in real life.

Edited by DkNNy79
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, LexieLily said:

Britney says that Bryan was never invited.

Bryan Wasn't Invited, Says Britney.

Yea she let it be known in an open letter. Look, I’m really glad that conservatorship is over as it was obviously something completely out of control but do her fans truly believe she’s completely fine? That letter, much like the majority of her Instagram posts made not a lick of sense, rambling, full of emojis, honestly it comes off like it was written by some bratty 16 year old rather than a 40 year old woman. The press was pretty spot on about the guest list prior to the wedding, I actually believe she invited her brother. I realize I’m at a table for one here because I actually believe Jamie Lynn. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
52 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I'm guessing part of Britney's personal issues include being emotionally stuck at an age way younger than 40. The extent of control along with the extreme length of her former conservatorship surely had a large part in that. I'm hoping she eventually gets some type of mental help that can help with guiding her through leading a more independent life. I wonder if she knows what it's like to get that kind of help without it being influenced by people like her father and handlers. 

She's only been out of the conservatorship and 'free' for eight months which in the grand scheme of things is not that long, compared to the thirteen years she was controlled. Think about it. She's barely 40 now, but the last time she was able to make any sort of choice for herself was when she was 27, going through a very public divorce and custody battle with paparazzi chasing her everywhere she went. I'm assuming she doesn't have any sort of 'real' relationship with her children, given how young they were when this started and how Jamie Spears weaponized them against Britney to keep her in line.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 16
(edited)
3 hours ago, xfuse said:

Table for two. I believe her too.

As per her autobio, the younger Miss Spears  had  sought to be an Emancipated Minor after she had her firstborn because she claimed her parents weren't   fit to care for her own child despite  having been parents of three. Yet   according to the younger Miss Spears, they WERE the best possible choices to look out for the elder Miss Spears's interests and that the younger Miss Spears somehow had had absolutely nothing to do with the Conservatorship for the entire 13 years?

Sorry, but I won't be joining you at said table. 

P.S. I've never heard anyone claim that the younger Mr. Spears said or did anything to attempt to defend the elder Miss Spears during the time of the Conservatorship so I believe her claims that she did NOT invite him to the wedding because, if he joined the rest of her family in at least tacitly supporting that Conservatorship, why would now  she consider him a trustworthy person?

Edited by Blergh
  • Like 1
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, Jaded said:

I'm hoping she eventually gets some type of mental help that can help with guiding her through leading a more independent life.

Well rushing into marriage is probably not the best thing she could to achieve that.   other than a "fuck you, I can get married now without permission."   Which is kinda how her first marriage happened.   Not the most mature decision she could make.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

I did read that Britney and Sam have an ironclad prenup that protects her, so at least there is that.

I read that too.  I get the feeling that Britney wants and needs someone she trusts to help her make decisions, and she believes Sam is that person.  I hope for her sake that he is, and she is able to live a stable life with him.  A life where Britney controls her image and public appearances.  

• Love 14

It's impossible for any of us to know the extent of Britney's mental illness/capabilities.  The truth of it likely lies somewhere between her families' account and her own.  It would seem the majority opinion here is that she deserved to be free to control her own affairs, based mostly on her age, which I don't agree with in principle.  Again, without direct knowledge of the extent of her illness, it's impossible to know.  She has clearly expressed her feelings; that her family did her wrong.  They may have, but I don't imagine that too many adults in her situation welcome being controlled by someone else, family or otherwise.

Her affairs were likely complicated and timely to control, no matter who was in charge, and as such, that person deserved compensation for doing so imo (it was a bad decision from the very beginning, to have a family member be the conservator, should have been a third party/independent). There's the rub; how much is fair?  Imo, the compnsation should be commensurate with that person's earnings, within reason, were they not running her life essentially, with a reasonable cap on that.  I have no idea what her dad was earning as her conservator, and it may very well have been unreasonable.  These are things that should be reviewed by an arbiter, annually.  Were they? 

The only proof we will have as to whether or not she is indeed capable of making rational decisions lies in future actions.  

I tend to feel, at least for now, that this marriage (to a lesser degree) and the Instagram nonsense, is at least some evidence to question her judgement, and does indeed look like a giant f*ck you to (mostly) her family; not a particularly sound reason to be married and trying to procreate (which is on Sam as well btw). 

My wish of course, is that she moves on through the second half of her life with happiness and peace.  

• Like 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Well rushing into marriage is probably not the best thing she could to achieve that.   other than a "fuck you, I can get married now without permission."   Which is kinda how her first marriage happened.   Not the most mature decision she could make.

Other people get to make bad decisions without all of this scrutiny and Britney deserves the same. I'm not saying we can't gossip about celebrities, because I love celebrity gossip but I do think Britney is judged on a different scale than others. Her scale is well/unwell mentally while others get judged on smart/dumb or kind/asshole. 

She's been with Sam for years, she's trying to have a baby with him. She's talked for years about wanting to grow her family. And because she can't rely on her parents or siblings, I understand wanting to get married and grow your family that way. And now that she has an excellent lawyer, I'm sure she protected her assets, protected funds to go to her kids etc.

2 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I have no idea what her dad was earning as her conservator, and it may very well have been unreasonable.  These are things that should be reviewed by an arbiter, annually.  Were they? 

It's been reported that Jamie was getting $16,000.00/month plus had numerous housing and travel expenses and legal fees covered to act as conservator while Britney was on an allowance of $2,000.00/week which included covering her household expenses. So over the course of a year just in terms of cash Jamie was making $192,000.00 while Britney was getting $104,000.00.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, MaggieG said:

I did read that Britney and Sam have an ironclad prenup that protects her, so at least there is that.

Haven't they also been together for a long time?  I do not see this as 'jumping into' something when he has been around for awhile.

• Like 1
  • Love 14
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Haven't they also been together for a long time?  I do not see this as 'jumping into' something when he has been around for awhile.

I believe that was part of the testimony at the hearing to end the conservatorship; that they'd been together in a stable relationship for years but could not marry because her conservator wouldn't approve it.

It seems obvious that Britney lacks maturity and may have some significant mental health issues, but there are plenty of people out there in the world with the same problems who manage to live their lives without a conservatorship.  The only reason that she ever lost control of her life is because she had a sh**-ton of money and had been supporting her family since childhood and the family was worried she'd blow through the dough and the gravy train would jump the tracks.  Had she not been wealthy, no one would've ever tried to wrest control of her life from her and she would've never been forced to work a Las Vegas gig against her will while paying her father major cash for the privilege of dictating her life for her.

I am worried about the amount of public commentary she is providing to the tabloids as well as some of what she's posted on her own social media; including some questionable photos; but it doesn't mean she's incompetent or that she needs a conservator.  Nor does it mean that she perhaps at one time, did need that kind of help, but that her family were the wrong choice to provide it. I hope the rumors of a very detailed pre-nup with her new husband are true; it would be an indication that someone is helping her navigate and try to avoid some of the pitfalls of her new status.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Love 20
2 minutes ago, Notabug said:

It seems obvious that Britney lacks maturity and may have some significant mental health issues

I do think lack of maturity is most likely her biggest problem.  I would hope any mental health issues are being addressed and treated.

5 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Had she not been wealthy, no one would've ever tried to wrest control of her life from her and she would've never been forced to work a Las Vegas gig against her will while paying her father major cash for the privilege of dictating her life for her.

If she hadn't been wealthy she might have ended up in a worse circumstance than being under a conservatorship.  I agree a family member should not have been the conservator. 

Britney needs to take some time and decided what she wants to do with the rest of her life. Does she want to record?  Perform? Whatever she does I hope she does it because she wants to and not because someone is expecting her to. 

• Like 1
  • Love 10

I can still call her decision immature.   While also saying Kanye especially needs help.    Whenever anyone brings him up as to why Britney was in conservatorship when he isn't, I say he probably needs to be but no one is willing to step  up and do it.    Did Britney need a convervatorship all those years ago?   Probably.   Did it need to go on for as long as it did?   Maybe, maybe not.   But its over and we can go back to calling her actions stupid just like we do with everyone else.

Because EVERYTHING is drama with her.   The Instagram posts, the ex showng up at the wedding (that really makes no sense), the sniping family members.    If it weren't for the conseervatorship, we would STiLL be snarking about those things.   Just like we do with everyone else.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

I can still call her decision immature.   While also saying Kanye especially needs help.    Whenever anyone brings him up as to why Britney was in conservatorship when he isn't, I say he probably needs to be but no one is willing to step  up and do it.    Did Britney need a convervatorship all those years ago?   Probably.   Did it need to go on for as long as it did?   Maybe, maybe not.   But its over and we can go back to calling her actions stupid just like we do with everyone else.

Because EVERYTHING is drama with her.   The Instagram posts, the ex showng up at the wedding (that really makes no sense), the sniping family members.    If it weren't for the conseervatorship, we would STiLL be snarking about those things.   Just like we do with everyone else.  

Would we though? Without the conservatorship and #freeBritney, it's highly likely she would have faded away by now. And the tone of how it's discussed would certainly be different if not for the conservatorship. People infantilize Britney rather than mocking her decisions as that of a grown ass 40 year old woman. 

The tone of how people talk about Britney is far different from how they discuss say...Hilaria Baldwin.  It's never about how Hilaria isn't well enough to make her own decisions or how someone needs to step in and take care of her. And mind you, all I know of HB is from this forum, but she seems to be out of her damn mind. 

• Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

Would we though? Without the conservatorship and #freeBritney, it's highly likely she would have faded away by now.

Maybe maybe not. If she had managed to right the ship she might have continued to have a career.  We don't know specifically why Britney was put under a conservatorship.  Was it solely because of her actions at that time or were there mental health issues that needed to be monitored?  I always thought she seemed like a sweet girl who made some very bad decisions.  The Vegas marriage.  Federline.  And the paparazzi was there to capture it all on film.  She was under a lot of stress and IMO didn't have the maturity to deal with things without doing things like shaving her head and poking an umbrella at someone.  I wonder how she would react now if the media starts hounding her again. 

25 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

The tone of how people talk about Britney is far different from how they discuss say...Hilaria Baldwin.  It's never about how Hilaria isn't well enough to make her own decisions or how someone needs to step in and take care of her. And mind you, all I know of HB is from this forum, but she seems to be out of her damn mind. 

You and I think she is out of her damn mind but there are people who don't think there is anything wrong with having babies like your uterus is an assembly line.   I mean Michelle Duggar landed a reality show because she had so many kids. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

You and I think she is out of her damn mind but there are people who don't think there is anything wrong with having babies like your uterus is an assembly line. 

That's the least of Hilaria's problems. She is crazier than a shithouse rat. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, bluegirl147 said:

there are people who don't think there is anything wrong with having babies like your uterus is an assembly line. 

As long as it's her decision and not anyone else's, there isn't.  Unless she expects me to support them.

• Sad 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I can still call her decision immature.   

Getting married at 40?  🤨

Because EVERYTHING is drama with her.   The Instagram posts, the ex showng up at the wedding (that really makes no sense), the sniping family members.    

How are the last two her fault?

Also, people using Instagram surrounding weddings is not a Britney-specific thing.  It's practically universal.  I'm not the hugest IG user but if you're going to get married or attend Britney's wedding..........what is IG for if not for posting something like that?  🤨

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 1
  • Love 13
47 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

How are the last two her fault?

I agree Britney gets blamed for a lot of drama that is not her fault.  Her ex (barely) husband showing up and acting like a fool is not her fault.  I still think someone paid him to do that.

• Like 2
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, Notabug said:

It seems obvious that Britney lacks maturity

Well, yeah. People gain maturity as they live their life & get experience making intelligent decisions. Britney's conservatorship started when she was 27 & went until she was 40. She lost her entire 30s which is a time when people really "grow up". She lacks maturity because she wasn't allowed to gain any.

• Love 22