Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

40 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I totally get that people can mislead others about their status, slip off rings, pretend they're single, etc.

If a person does this, why would their partner still want them? 😳

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

You’d be very surprised . . . 

Oh I know they're out there. I suspect a work friend of mine might be in one.  

16 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

If a person does this, why would their partner still want them? 😳

They definitely shouldn't still want them. I certainly wouldn't. 

4 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Oh I know they're out there. I suspect a work friend of mine might be in one.  

They definitely shouldn't still want them. I certainly wouldn't. 

Exactly. If I’m in a monogamous relationship and my partner is out there misrepresenting himself, then good riddance. The other woman would be doing me a favor. 

• Applause 3
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Did they work together? if not, I’m unclear on how this analogy applies.

Unless it’s just a clever way to compare a woman to a dog (as several others in this discussion have). 

And we wonder why misogyny is still running rampant in our society. 

Honestly? I'm not sure if they worked together, although I'm not sure it matters. Levine's the married one, so it depends on if you think he's more responsible for this, since he's the one who took vows.

As for the rest of it?

We just had this whole long-ass conversation about how Britney Spears should be able to live her life as she pleases, even if it embarrasses her kids and makes them not want to talk to her, and don't even mention the possibility of her having to take medication she might need because it's her choice and she has rights and who cares who else it affects. But also, Nick Cannon should be responsible and stop making babies with different women, because he can't give the kids the attention they deserve while they're growing up, just money. I'll let someone else sort the particulars of it, because I wasn't really going that deep with it.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Honestly? I'm not sure if they worked together, although I'm not sure it matters. Levine's the married one, so it depends on if you think he's more responsible for this, since he's the one who took vows.

As for the rest of it?

We just had this whole long-ass conversation about how Britney Spears should be able to live her life as she pleases, even if it embarrasses her kids and makes them not want to talk to her, and don't even mention the possibility of her having to take medication she might need because it's her choice and she has rights and who cares who else it affects. But also, Nick Cannon should be responsible and stop making babies with different women, because he can't give the kids the attention they deserve while they're growing up, just money. I'll let someone else sort the particulars of it, because I wasn't really going that deep with it.

No one ever said here that they didn’t care if Britney’s choices affected her kids. But we don’t force medication on anyone in this country. What is the alternative? And what does this have to do with Adam Levine? Someone mentioned not shitting where he eats - does Adam work with the woman he was flirting with online? 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

God, I miss this man.

The focus of attention has been his (mild, IMO) slagging of the Potter saga, but here's my favorite excerpt: 

Good find. However:

4 November
HARRY POTTER PREMIERE.
6.30pm The film should only be seen on a big screen. It acquires a scale and depth that matches the hideous score by John Williams. Party afterwards at the Savoy is much more fun.

What was his problem with the music? Maybe it wasn't Williams' absolute best work, but it was still pretty good.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

I am horrified that Alan Rickman’s diaries are being published.  Did he know this would happen?  How is it remotely necessary to know that he didn’t like Emma’s accent when she was a child playing Hermione?

• Like 3
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

I am horrified that Alan Rickman’s diaries are being published.  Did he know this would happen?  How is it remotely necessary to know that he didn’t like Emma’s accent when she was a child playing Hermione?

According to reports he wrote them with the intention that they would be published. 

Those excerpts are hilariously delightful, whether it's casually mentioning a tennis date with Daniel Day Lewis to "I hate the faux-naif thing that’s inevitable when quirk meets ambition." I could hear the words in his voice. 

• Like 2
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, Dani said:

According to reports he wrote them with the intention that they would be published. 

Yes from what I've read, he wrote them with the intention of being published and his widow Rima also signed off on the project. I really don't think there's anything nefarious in publishing them. I've been keeping a dairy on and off since I was 6 (mainly between the ages of 12 and 18/19 and for the past four or so years). I have no illusions about them ever being published, but even I sometimes think about it from that angle. Mainly in the form of "100 years from now, nobody will have the slightest damn idea what that is referencing. Maybe I should explain." 

I always find people's diaries fascinating, though some of them can be a bit hit or miss. His looks genuinely interesting. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

If we were reading the diaries of an actor who died 100 years ago I’d be fascinated.  Right now I find myself thinking of Daniel and Emma and Rupert and all the kids who have such wonderful memories of this supportive icon who now get to find out he had less than complimentary private feeling about them.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

If we were reading the diaries of an actor who died 100 years ago I’d be fascinated.  Right now I find myself thinking of Daniel and Emma and Rupert and all the kids who have such wonderful memories of this supportive icon who now get to find out he had less than complimentary private feeling about them.

He also had nice things to say about them. It might sting if they didn't already know.  But they're in their 30s now, successful and beyond whatever Rickman thought of them. 

• Like 2
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

By the end of the HP saga, he seemed to have a lot of respect for Daniel Radcliffe, at least.  I don't pretend to know what the actors will feel but they are adults now, veterans of a really grueling profession. They should be fine. 

I love diaries. The entries they published were fascinating. AR was in some of my favorite movies, so I'm going to need this in hard cover.  

• Love 5

Honestly I didn't think he said anything too bad about the kids. He commented on Emma Watson's diction, which may come across as the most egregious, but that seems like it was coming from a professional perspective rather than a personal insult, especially since it was in the midst of all of the child actors not knowing their lines and needing extra work before filming. I'd venture to say the diction was addressed with her on set and it wasn't just adults whispering about her behind her back. 

I always really liked Alan Rickman, but I don't think anyone would deny that he could have an edge to him. That being said, I don't see any of the HP kids crying themselves to sleep at night over what was excerpted in that article. In fact, the stuff about Daniel Radcliffe is really quite sweet and surprisingly fawning. 

• Like 3
  • Love 6

People who are genuinely polyamorous, not "Hey baby, I'm in an open marriage..." are generally honest with prospective partners. The key to a successful relationship is communication, and that's especially important when you're involved in multiple ones. It's not an affair when everyone is an informed, consenting adult.

I can't see that wedding ring appealing to anyone except Carole Baskin.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

The title "Secret Showbiz Diaries" is such obvious clickbait.  They weren't found in a mysterious abandoned trunk on platform 9 3/4.  A friend or family member is having them published. 

And I would HOPE that particular friend or family member would be gracious enough to give a heads-up to anybody on the receiving end of a less-than-flattering or outright insulting observations from Alan.  He was beloved, but low blows from those very people can hurt the most.  Of course the "kids" are old enough to understand these things, but it doesn't hurt to err on the side of compassion.   

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Zella said:

I always really liked Alan Rickman, but I don't think anyone would deny that he could have an edge to him. That being said, I don't see any of the HP kids crying themselves to sleep at night over what was excerpted in that article.

The excerpts seemed to show him trashing politicians the most. And the entries regarding Natasha Richardson were touching. 

The book comes out October 18th. I have it on pre-order. (Truly, Madly, Deeply is in my personal top ten movies so the title made me smile.)

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, tessaray said:

Truly, Madly, Deeply is in my personal top ten movies so the title made me smile.)

It's such a great movie! I only watched it for the first time after Rickman died, and it is really lovely. 

• Love 5

The auction of Betty White's things discussed above brought in four million dollars, a good deal more than expected.  Golden Girls items were very popular; in fact, the top-selling item of the entire auction was White's director's chair from the set, which went for $76,800 -- 76 times the original estimate.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 7
  • Applause 11
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Bastet said:

The auction of Betty White's things discussed above brought in four million dollars, a good deal more than expected.  Golden Girls items were very popular; in fact, the top-selling item of the entire auction was White's director's chair from the set, which went for $76,800 -- 76 times the original estimate.

Betty is smiling down on us today.  She would've been thrilled to be able to help that many animals.  Glad it went so well.

Not to mention her somewhat ugly wedding ring, valued at $600 for the auction, sold for more than $25,000.  Not bad at all.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 1
  • Love 16
On 9/25/2022 at 11:24 PM, Dani said:

Not really in my opinion. Betty was part of their family history but the ring may just be a piece of jewelry. Plus the ring is very taste specific and, in my opinion, ugly. I’m sure it suited Betty but there are probably aren’t a lot of people who want to wear it. 
image.thumb.jpeg.3d43795d35e0fe620bd84c1e898171c6.jpeg

This looks more like a man's ring to me.  

What a ring means to people can vary widely.  For instance.  My wedding ring and engagement ring?  eh, just stuff bought to hit the milestones.  My departed husband's ring?  I wear that around my neck and probably will never part with it.  it was already an heirloom from his grandfather when we married.  

Ms. White obviously found the money that could be raised for charity more valuable, and more power to her.

• Like 4
  • Love 11

Try Guys member was fired for having a workplace affair. And in this case, she had to have known he was married. His wife occasionally appeared on the show.

The YouTube comedy troupe The Try Guys built a following of millions by being willing to try anything. But a member who was unwilling to try monogamy has now been kicked out.

On Tuesday, group members Zach Kornfeld, Keith Habersberger and Eugene Lee Yang announced cryptically that fellow founding member Ned Fulmer was no longer in the troupe...

Fulmer added context a short time later, saying that he had engaged in a relationship with a colleague — despite already being married to designer Ariel Fulmer.

“Family should have always been my priority, but I lost focus and had a consensual workplace relationship,” the now-former member said on Twitter. “I’m sorry for any pain that my actions may have caused to the guys and the fans but most of all to Ariel.”

• Applause 2

https://www.gawker.com/celebrity/what-is-going-on-with-the-try-guys-ned-fulmer-cheating-explained

That Try Guys story is wild. Of all four of them, for it to be Ned whose entire brand is being the "wife guy." I never even remember Alexandria and Ned interacting much in videos since she seems to work more with Keith on the food stuff. And she is was engaged.

It would be crazy if they'd actually edited him out of videos the way it's described in the article.

• Useful 1
41 minutes ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Try Guys member was fired for having a workplace affair. And in this case, she had to have known he was married. His wife occasionally appeared on the show.

I had never even heard of them an hour ago and this has now taken over my TikTok feed so I now know way more than I would ever want. I think an important distinction is that he cheated on his wife with an employee. The telling part of their statement is that he is no longer working with them after a “thorough internal investigation”. 

ETA: The New York Times and CNN are now covering this. 
What Is Happening Whats Going On GIF by A24

1 minute ago, aradia22 said:

That Try Guys story is wild. Of all four of them, for it to be Ned whose entire brand is being the "wife guy." I never even remember Alexandria and Ned interacting much in videos since she seems to work more with Keith on the food stuff. And she is was engaged.

Yup.  It has been a ride to follow it, from the initial cryptic slueth-like posts to more and more people adding in with clues until finally they made a statement.  Apprently Ariel removed 'Ned's wife' from her Insta bio and Alex's fiancee removed all pixs of her from his Insta.

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Hillary Hilaria and Alec Baldwin's latest spawn (number seven for them together, number eight for him) has arrived (born Thursday, announced yesterday) -- and her name is Ilaria.  Ilaria Catalina Irena Baldwin.

I often think of Hilaria as one of the more shameless weirdos who is famous for being famous--or at least famous for being married to someone famous--but doubling down on pretending to be Spanish by naming her baby after her own fake Spanish name after she was so decisively outed for lying about being Spanish a couple of years ago is almost impressive in its ridiculousness.

And what I have never understood about her is that I don't think anybody would have cared or batted an eye if she'd just openly said she liked Spain and Spanish culture and found it interesting and was inspired to learn Spanish. I've always been a bit of a Francophile myself. I was tempted to defect for their butter alone. But I'd never lie and tell people I was French just because I liked the country! 

• Like 3
  • Love 20

It's so wild.  I just discovered The Try Guys about a month ago and one of the first videos I watched was the one where Ned goes through simulated labor pains to get a sense of what his wife went through.  His brand has definitely been the "married family guy."

Then I started seeing their advertisements for The Food Network Show and now this.  Of all the times to do something to cost him his role in the group.

It sort of has the same feeling of Joe suddenly leaving The Impractical Jokers and announcing his divorce.  I don't know if infidelity was part of his story but he too was the married dad.  And he wasn't booted. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Dani said:

I had never even heard of them an hour ago

Same. I like to think of myself as reasonably well up on pop culture and internet stuff, but I've never heard of any of them before. But as this keeps popping up on news apps on my phone and in various discussions, I'm realizing that they were apparently famous enough that now I'm surprised that I had no clue who they were. 

But what little I know is giving me strong Mulaney vibes. Famous wife guy not such a wife guy after all. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

I think Jake ran a lot of the social media stuff and things for Patreon subscribers. It'll be interesting whether they can keep this all professional and PR-approved when so many people in their circle are the definition of "too online."

• LOL 3

Ned from The Try Guys has been fired for having an affair with an employee.  He who has this wholesome family man who adores his wife persona cheated on his wife who works for their company with an employee of the company who is also engaged to another employee of the company.  So this is the ultimate “Shit where you eat scenario”.  I love their YouTube channel and had a soft spot for Ned.  This situation made me realize the power of parasocial relationships because I felt so shocked and upset even though these people are all strangers to me.  Making out at a concert where people who carry cellphones with cameras recognize you was shockingly stupid.  If you can’t be faithful at least be discrete.  I feel for his wife.

Edited by Luckylyn
Edited to say. I posted without reading the thread first so I may be behind the conversation
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Zella said:

but doubling down on pretending to be Spanish by naming her baby after her own fake Spanish name after she was so decisively outed for lying about being Spanish a couple of years ago is almost impressive in its ridiculousness.

Definitely an FU to all the "haters" who called out her Spanish persona.   "Look at me, I really am Spanish I gave my child a Spanish name."

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, Luckylyn said:

Making out at a concert where people who carry cellphones with cameras recognize you was shockingly stupid.  If you can’t be faithful at least be discrete.  I feel for his wife.

Whatever happened to meeting up at some seedy motel?  There are cameras everywhere now.  Used to be you had to hire a private investigator to catch a cheating spouse.  Now you just have to wait till someone posts the proof online.  Just when we thought Adam Levine was the most stupid guy to get caught because he left receipts here comes this Ned guy who says I can be even more stupid.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Luckylyn said:

If you can’t be faithful at least be discrete.  I feel for his wife.

Sounds like he did his wife a favor. Now she knows the truth and can move forward with that in mind. Does she want to stay with this douche?

• Love 3

Not excusing anything but I think the Try Guys situation is more complicated than say Adam Levine. It's an ongoing workplace affair rather than a fling or whatever with a stranger. Meanwhile Ariel (Ned's wife) is deeply enmeshed with their business and they work together a lot on videos and projects. Also, 25 isn't that young, but for his circle I think it was young to get married and to now have two young children. Alexandria (the person he cheated with) was apparently with her fiance for 10 years since college. And there has been some speculation about addiction issues on Ned's part which have been briefly mentioned before.

I'm bracing for this to be messier than it already is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

Not excusing anything but I think the Try Guys situation is more complicated than say Adam Levine. It's an ongoing workplace affair rather than a fling or whatever with a stranger. Meanwhile Ariel (Ned's wife) is deeply enmeshed with their business and they work together a lot on videos and projects. Also, 25 isn't that young, but for his circle I think it was young to get married and to now have two young children. Alexandria (the person he cheated with) was apparently with her fiance for 10 years since college. And there has been some speculation about addiction issues on Ned's part which have been briefly mentioned before.

I'm bracing for this to be messier than it already is.

Excusing what? She is lucky she is only 25 and found out the truth now. Better than finding out in 5-10 more years. 

3 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Sounds like he did his wife a favor. Now she knows the truth and can move forward with that in mind. Does she want to stay with this douche?

Sounds like it was the people who saw an exposed him that did her a favor. 

2 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Excusing what? She is lucky she is only 25 and found out the truth now. Better than finding out in 5-10 more years. 

She did find out 10 years later. They were around 25 when they got married. I don’t think I will ever describe the person who had their entire world upended due to other peoples selfishness lucky. 

37 minutes ago, Dani said:

Sounds like it was the people who saw an exposed him that did her a favor. 

She did find out 10 years later. They were around 25 when they got married. I don’t think I will ever describe the person who had their entire world upended due to other peoples selfishness lucky. 

Maybe lucky isn’t the best word, but I’d rather find out now than waste any more of my life not knowing the truth. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2