Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Because maybe it had a note that said, "your pants are unzipped." I'd open it.

Because a post-it note wouldn't work?

Accounts say it was marked "Personal & Confidential".  Any normal person would set that aside until they finished their project intro. 

Because anything that was a real emergency, like an issue with her kids, would have been told to her directly and she would have left.  

Just weird.  She absolutely didn't have to open it there. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Because maybe it had a note that said, "your pants are unzipped." I'd open it.

I don't think you would need that big of an envelope for that message.    But, OK, she opened them. She didn't have to say what they were. 

• Love 2

Honestly I assumed it was leaked by someone working at the con. The standard rules for cons are that attendees aren't to give anything to the panelists. It puts them in an awkward position at best so, when I read that the server handed her the envelope, I immediately assumed that the contents were shown to the con workers as proof that it wasn't just a fan trying to get to her and then they told whatever press was there. I don't know if the servers are allowed to do that before the recipient has seen them mind you but it's what I assumed.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

She didn't have to say what they were. 

She didn’t. She didn’t react at all when she opened it and has not released a statement. Initially, it was reported to be a unsolicited script. The truth leaked the next day. It has led to an official security investigation so there are a lot of people who probably knew and the leak could have come from many different sources.

2 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

Because a post-it note wouldn't work?

Accounts say it was marked "Personal & Confidential".  Any normal person would set that aside until they finished their project intro. 

Because anything that was a real emergency, like an issue with her kids, would have been told to her directly and she would have left.  

Just weird.  She absolutely didn't have to open it there. 

I’ve watched a lot of convention panels and I don’t find it at all unusually that she opened it. I’ve seen official information or gifts for stars passed onstage. I’ve even seen celebrities take food from fans. I’m sure that there is supposed to security in place so that the only ones who approach the stage are authorized to do so. I can’t blame her for assuming that it was legitimate rather than a breakdown in security. 

Edited by Guest
On 4/25/2022 at 12:24 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Yeah, I think Julia looks great.  I think she made her nose a little too sharp/pointy for my tastes but other than that I think she just looks fantastic.

I know a lot of people dislike Gwyneth Paltrow but she posts a lot of makeup free pictures of herself and she looks so natural and fresh.  

GP is definitely one of those celebs where I think they're probably as close to natural as you can possibly get in Hollywood. If there has been work done, it's been pretty tasteful and minimal. I also think she has a good role model in her mother, who also seems to realize that it's impossible to look 25 for the rest of your life and that's okay as well. Heck, recent photos show that Blythe has gone gray which is something even Meryl Streep won't do just yet:

https://images.app.goo.gl/kyyxPMwxk9VKQKGR9

There are these girls who are getting botox skin injections and fillers with the promise that it's "preventative" and keep them from looking older because they literally won't have the ability to form wrinkles, and you really wonder what happens to the 22-year old  girl who did that and what she'll look like when she's 52.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 13
55 minutes ago, BetterButter said:

I wonder if they might have the option to  talk  over  with Danny De Vito and Rhea Perlman how that state has worked for them in the long term.

I suppose if a couple has agreed exactly who gets what/lives where and neither wants to chance or consider getting married again, this might work in the long term (and, it would also  make some  sense if one or both of an estranged couple belonged to  a faith that refuses to consider allowing its members to  divorce for any reason). However,    it seems a bit of a limbo state.

Edited by Blergh
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, BetterButter said:

Dammit, they always seemed so solid. Of course I know that people grow apart and all that, but still sucks. It’s a bit odd that they want to stay legally married, but if it’s an amicable relationship and they don’t want to mess around with legal semantics, then who’s to judge?

• Love 14
13 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

Honestly I assumed it was leaked by someone working at the con. The standard rules for cons are that attendees aren't to give anything to the panelists. It puts them in an awkward position at best so, when I read that the server handed her the envelope, I immediately assumed that the contents were shown to the con workers as proof that it wasn't just a fan trying to get to her and then they told whatever press was there. I don't know if the servers are allowed to do that before the recipient has seen them mind you but it's what I assumed.

I doubt they showed them the papers.  They may have showed them a service order and ID or something.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

It puts them in an awkward position at best so, when I read that the server handed her the envelope, I immediately assumed that the contents were shown to the con workers as proof that it wasn't just a fan trying to get to her and then they told whatever press was there. 

The server just put it on the stage, they didn't actually hand it to her.

3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

A breakup with an asshole when you're still young can hurt terribly. I can't imagine separating after so many years at their ages. It sounds very tough to me. 

I have never heard anything about Dan Aykroyd that even hints at him being an asshole. Hopefully, this really was a mutual decision after just realizing that they just grew apart. It happens.

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

I have never heard anything about Dan Aykroyd that even hints at him being an asshole. Hopefully, this really was a mutual decision after just realizing that they just grew apart. It happens.

I don't claim to speak for @Real Housewife

However,I believe that she was talking about that  it's tough enough to for a person to separate  when young even when one's spouse has been  unquestionably unpleasant so for Miss Dixon who is now middle-aged to have separated from her own longtime spouse must have been even more of a struggle (regardless of the reason/s this decision was reached)- and not that Mr. Ackroyd was an unquestionably unpleasant person. 

Edited by Blergh
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, Blergh said:

However,I believe that she was talking about that  it's tough enough to for a person to separate  when young even when one's spouse has been  unquestionably unpleasant so for Miss Dixon who is now middle-aged to have separated from her own longtime spouse must have been even more of a struggle (regardless of the reason/s this decision was reached)- and not that Mr. Ackroyd was an unquestionably unpleasant person. 

Exactly! 😃

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Blergh said:

Why assume that it is unpleasant for her and not for him or for both of them? I actually know quite a few couples who divorced after many years because the woman wanted something different and the man was comfortable with the way things were. 

2 hours ago, Blergh said:

2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Exactly! 😃

Oh no, I totally understood the context, I just felt obligated to say that. 😀

(edited)

Not sure about Ackroyd and his wife, but Rhea Perlman has said she and Danny DeVito actually get along better and are closer now that they're separated and not divorced than before they broke up. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 4
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Blergh said:

Did she say it’s been unpleasant for her? Maybe she’s relieved and enjoys being alone at this point in her life. 

1 hour ago, Dani said:

Why assume that it is unpleasant for her and not for him or for both of them? I actually know quite a few couples who divorced after many years because the woman wanted something different and the man was comfortable with the way things were. 

Statistics have shown that women often thrive alone (especially at older ages), while men are happier married. I’ll try to find a link to a source.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Statistics have shown that women often thrive alone (especially at older ages), while men are happier married. I’ll try to find a link to a source.

Not surprised. I know one man who was a bachelor for all his life and then decided to marry sometime around 60 and openly said that he simply wants someone to take care of him in his old age.

• Love 3

I think that these actors are making official what many couples have done for forever.  People have been deciding to live separate lives from their spouse since long before divorce was an option.  Hell, my grandparents lived as roommates for more than 25 years, and were content that way until my grandma died.

Also, it would probably be very annoying financially to go through the divorce and property separation process when you probably have diversified assets and business stuff.  

I imagine that the only reason it was even announced is so that they can stop being couply in public and people won't start rumors or ask questions.

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, ouinason said:

I think that these actors are making official what many couples have done for forever.  People have been deciding to live separate lives from their spouse since long before divorce was an option.  Hell, my grandparents lived as roommates for more than 25 years, and were content that way until my grandma died.

Also, it would probably be very annoying financially to go through the divorce and property separation process when you probably have diversified assets and business stuff.  

I imagine that the only reason it was even announced is so that they can stop being couply in public and people won't start rumors or ask questions.

I think that more couples would do this if they had the financial means to pay for separate homes, too. 

• Love 19
15 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I think that more couples would do this if they had the financial means to pay for separate homes, too. 

Or one large enough that they could have separate spaces to live.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, Gramto6 said:

Or one large enough that they could have separate spaces to live.

Exactly.           

I searched and here’s the first article I found about this. 

Evidence suggests that marriage is better for men, not just in terms of happiness but also in terms of health,” happiness expert, Professor Paul Dolan, Professor of Behavioural Science at the London School of Economics told Bloomberg.

“There is data to suggest that some women are better off single in terms of health and happiness.”

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/style/expert-says-marriage-makes-men-happier-than-women-092140705.html?guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAM4koQyDCIvrbkkHcuRJc1mJK67shlMmsIGUn3_cqKMN_2Z3wEk45hu0hME0q3xvFxggN_eX_sfexA39p7b5lOSQ3SP2I1ZtjpKP1ULfKJiHNVGsaow3SJXsJLm68GUgbOFOsBXLDa9NcKFzm9aLLyGB7xiKQGgZTcKNVANdqvLd

• Useful 5
  • Love 4

I have read the above as well. It's interesting men benefit from marriage more even though they're more likely to resist it. Every individual is definitely unique. As someone who's spent many years single for personal reasons, I'm tired of it. But I must say I'll always take being single over a man who's abusive, a cheater, disrespectful, mean, etc.

Celebs deal with the pressure of the world watching them, but they tend to be hot and rich. That makes it easier to leave. I don't understand all of J.Lo's decisions, but she's gorgeous and rich, so I get why she just moves on if she's unhappy. She's not worried about the rent, child care, or if she'll find another man. Even if she doesn't have a happily ever after kind of love like in the movies, she'll always be fine. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, JustHereForFood said:

Not surprised. I know one man who was a bachelor for all his life and then decided to marry sometime around 60 and openly said that he simply wants someone to take care of him in his old age.

I get that desire, except sometimes your partner becomes ill, incapacitated, and unable to be a caregiver.  I suppose that is more unlikely if you marry someone who is considerably younger.  A good friend of mine had to enter assisted living after his wife, who was 18 years younger than him, died of cancer.  ☹️ Of course, with financial resources, you can afford in home care.  That’s often an option with celebrities, who are wealthy. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I have read the above as well. It's interesting men benefit from marriage more even though they're more likely to resist it. Every individual is definitely unique. As someone who's spent many years single for personal reasons, I'm tired of it. But I must say I'll always take being single over a man who's abusive, a cheater, disrespectful, mean, etc.

Celebs deal with the pressure of the world watching them, but they tend to be hot and rich. That makes it easier to leave. I don't understand all of J.Lo's decisions, but she's gorgeous and rich, so I get why she just moves on if she's unhappy. She's not worried about the rent, child care, or if she'll find another man. Even if she doesn't have a happily ever after kind of love like in the movies, she'll always be fine. 

I think physical appearance plays a much smaller part than we might think. 🤷‍♀️

• Useful 1
23 hours ago, Zella said:

Not sure about Ackroyd and his wife, but Rhea Perlman has said she and Danny DeVito actually get along better and are closer now that they're separated and not divorced than before they broke up. 

Thanks for something to read that makes me happy!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Thanks for something to read that makes me happy!

Well, to be Debbie Downer, I think the word on the street was that Rhea got fed up with Danny’s relentless cheating and insisted on the split, so they probably do get along better with the complete removal of the expectation that he be faithful to her.  But it is probably nice for their kids (and grandkids?) that they seemed to be able to move on in friendship.

• Useful 6
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Peace 47 said:

Well, to be Debbie Downer, I think the word on the street was that Rhea got fed up with Danny’s relentless cheating and insisted on the split, so they probably do get along better with the complete removal of the expectation that he be faithful to her.  But it is probably nice for their kids (and grandkids?) that they seemed to be able to move on in friendship.

Yeah. That sounds sadly realistic.  Ah, well.

• Love 5

In one posted clip, apparently after the incident, Chappelle is heard to quip, “It was a trans man,” a reference to his own transphobic comments in his Netflix special The Closer and the uproar, protests and anger that ensued.

🙄

• Love 3

I don’t understand people who love Dave Chapelle. He is more often not funny than funny. His later career is fueled by pissing people off and then ranting and raving about “cancel culture” than his actual comedy career. 

• Love 22
(edited)
6 hours ago, aradia22 said:

In one posted clip, apparently after the incident, Chappelle is heard to quip, “It was a trans man,” a reference to his own transphobic comments in his Netflix special The Closer and the uproar, protests and anger that ensued.

In the clip they showed on the morning shows today, all you can hear is Chris Rock saying "Was that Will Smith?".  Doesn't mean Chappelle didn't say something else, though.

Edited by proserpina65
Just now, proserpina65 said:

In the clip they showed on the morning shows today, all you can hear him say is "Was that Will Smith?".  Doesn't mean he didn't say something else as well, though.

Oh, I thought that was Chris Rock.  Some reports stated that Chris Rock was there and after the incident he hugged Dave and said "Was that Will Smith."

Just now, DkNNy79 said:

Oh, I thought that was Chris Rock.  Some reports stated that Chris Rock was there and after the incident he hugged Dave and said "Was that Will Smith."

Sorry, yes it was.  I edited my comment but apparently not fast enough.  None of the morning shows used any clips of Dave Chappelle saying anything.

21 minutes ago, DkNNy79 said:

Some reports stated that Chris Rock was there and after the incident he hugged Dave and said "Was that Will Smith."

I wonder if Will Smith realizes that for the rest of his life he's going to be the punchline for jokes.  Hope that slap was worth it, Will.

• Love 22
25 minutes ago, SusanM said:

I wonder if Will Smith realizes that for the rest of his life he's going to be the punchline for jokes.  Hope that slap was worth it, Will.

Don't you mean "slapline"?  

• LOL 23
(edited)

She already said a couple of days ago that she is fine with it if she gets in. It seems like her primary objection was a very literal definition of rock n roll as a qualification, which several people reassured her was not really relevant.

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
Just now, Crashcourse said:

Oh I know, but I thought she initially made a big deal out of..........nothing. 🙄

I think people made a bigger deal out of it than she did. She expressed an opinion and everyone went batshit crazy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 22

I love Pat Benatar. Weird that Eminem is in that group. It's like the Kennedy Center Honors; I don't understand the order they're going in because it's evidently not age.

• Love 11