Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E01: Samantha's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

My dearest Samantha, this year I changed jobs, underwent radiation and chemo for bone cancer, did one of the first notifications to someone in my town that their loved one died of Covid (only to learn that I knew his wife), buried three friends, acted as a celebrant at 5 memorial services, helped organize and performed at a show that raised over $600K for charity, had Covid, had multiple surgeries, learned I need spine surgery, took care of my 80 year old aunt and her 84 year old friend, and finished a kitchen remodel. At times I was overwhelmed.  You laid in bed like a beached whale while shoving mass quantities of high fat foods into your face and whining.  If that was overwhelming for you, I would like you to spend five damn minutes in my world. 

Hugs to an amazing, strong person! Such sadness but such strength. 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I live in New Jersey and never realized Tastycakes are an endangered species elsewhere. 

They are regional but they do ship some elsewhere occasionally.  Tastykakes differ from Hostess, etc., in that they have actual expiration dates. 

8 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

I really wish she’d cover herself up. 

So say we all.  Well, except her "patrons". 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, magemaud said:

My husband just read that Dawn Wells who played Maryann on “Gilligan’s Island” passed away from complications of Covid

It's hard to imagine her at 82 years old. Jeez. Too bad.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, WonTon said:

Like I said, I can't watch until tomorrow, but from the comments she didn't lose anything. How did she quality for surgery?

She did, when they moved her to rehab she weighed 616 so the gastric sleeve did work and she lost weight.  But the doctor who did the surgery was telling Dr. Now that her weight loss had slowed way down and she wasn’t doing therapy with Lola like she should have.  I just don’t see her as having long term success, though I guess the 600s are better than the 900s!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Kid said:

People like you make people like her tearing my stomach. I am so sorry for everything you went through this year and I am so impressed by your dignity and courage.

God bless you.. someone like you vs. someone like her.. she doesn't know WHAT hard is..  good luck to you

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, WonTon said:

Like I said, I can't watch until tomorrow, but from the comments she didn't lose anything. How did she quality for surgery?

Covid. 

She got up to 974 pounds while back at home, doing her own version of the diet, then had to go to the hospital when she wasn't feeling well.  Dr. Now had the doctor in Denver do an emergency gastric sleeve on her because they couldn't release her in the time of Covid and there was no way she'd survive without the surgery.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

It's a Tastykake, similar (but much better) than a Twinkie, w/o cream filling, but butterscotch frosting on top.

And it's God's gift to the East coast.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

It's hard to imagine her at 82 years old. Jeez. Too bad.

She still looked great at 80.. I'm sure some PS..  but my mother is the same age and she CERTAINLY does not like she did.  sorry mom

• Love 3
1 minute ago, aliya said:

Good night, gang! See you next week. If the Slaytons will have their own thread, will someone point it out? I imagine I'll see some of you there next week.

They’re in their own show topic under Candid Reality

• Love 1