Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/9/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Nov. 9 – Sarah Cooper (“Everything’s Fine”)

Tuesday, Nov. 10 – Emmanuel Acho (Author, “Uncomfortable Conversations With a Black Man”)

Wednesday, Nov. 11 — Ice-T (“Law & Order: Special Victims Unit”); “The View” pays tribute this Veterans Day with the powerful story of Army Sergeant Nathan Shumaker from Hillsboro, MO who recently received the gift of a lifetime from Homes for Our Troops

Thursday, Nov. 12 — “Good Morning America” co-anchor Michael Strahan

Friday, Nov. 13 — Whoopi’s birthday celebration

• Love 3
On 11/6/2020 at 6:02 PM, LetsStartTalking said:

The week looks promising. Wonder if Meghan will make it back for the Veteran's Day show, since, well...we all know..."She comes from a military family"? I don't think she will let that episode pass her by.

They are usually taped for Veteran's Day shows, but maybe they will be live this year since so much is going on.

16 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

That should be interesting. I have a feeling going forward this will be a new show with new energy.

Let's just swap this McCain in for the new mommy permanently!

• Love 16
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She's on maternity leave.

Yeah but they are working for home for only 1 hour per day and it has been 6 weeks.  Not only that, being a "political expert" is her only self proclaimed claim to fame so why is she not at work during the election? 

• Love 1

Whoopi, Trump and his team looking into possible fraud is owed to the 70 million Americans who voted for Trump. The American people need to be reassured that no crimes were committed.  So you being bitter over it does no good. If you are confident in no fraud then why not just relax and see what happens? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

I just think it’s a little hypocritical for Whoopi to tell the opposition to basically suck it up since Trumpster lost, but those women never did that for the past 4 years.  They never sucked it up, but constantly bitched and moaned every single day.

Can we ask President elect Biden to sign an executive order that forces MM to stay on maternity leave permanently?

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

I just think it’s a little hypocritical for Whoopi to tell the opposition to basically suck it up since Trumpster lost, but those women never did that for the past 4 years.  They never sucked it up, but constantly bitched and moaned every single day.

Can we ask President elect Biden to sign an executive order that forces MM to stay on maternity leave permanently?

Thank you for seeing the other side which these biased hosts don’t even try to do.

If he’s such an honest and fair man, he should welcome the election being reviewed. He wouldn’t want to win an election that wasn’t fair and honest, right?  

There are 70 million people that just want to make sure there was no impropriety.  We saw how the main stream media, social and otherwise, censored things.   For all Whoopie saying ‘ suck it up’, if the the tables were turned, they would be the first ones wanting it reviewed. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Sara is right - as we get closer to Biden and Harris being sworn in, the media should stop paying attention to Trump because that’s what he wants - attention. 

Has the media ever done the right thing?  It is all about securing the bag...

• Love 6

I enjoy Cindy McCain's thoughtful answers to the questions from the ladies...her daughter needs to take lessons from her Mom, learn how to be polite & gracious..no need to yell, or interrupt or make faces.  Interesting that Mrs. McCain is part of the Biden Transition team.

• Love 21
19 minutes ago, General Days said:

What I recall of what they said on the show is that they lamented that so many Americans voted for Trump.

You worded this better than I could have.  This is the big difference,  I don't recall any of the women on The View ever saying Trump didn't win - they just wished that he hadn't.  

• Love 22

When Whoopi went to Sunny for the first question on the election, did Sunny even say Joe Biden's name?

I know she has a Kamala love fest, but Joe Biden is/will be the President.  Also she calls it the "Biden-Harris Administration" which I don't think she will stop.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 2
Just now, OnTime said:

When Whoopi went to Sunny for the first question on the election, did Sunny even say Joe Biden's name?

I know she has a Kamala love fest, but Joe Biden is will be the President.  Also she calls it the "Biden-Harris Administration" which I don't think she will stop.

I don't blame her. As a (white) woman, I'm thrilled. I imagine it must be even more exciting for most Black women, Indian-American women, and other Women of Color.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, General Days said:

I don't blame her. As a (white) woman, I'm thrilled. I imagine it must be even more exciting for most Black women, Indian-American women, and other Women of Color.

If she didn't, why can't she even acknowledge Joe Biden?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, OnTime said:

If she didn't, why can't she even acknowledge Joe Biden?

I meant I don't blame her for referring to it as the Biden-Harris administration. If Sunny neglected to say Joe Biden's name, I didn't notice it. I'm sorry I wasn't more clear. 

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, General Days said:

That doesn't accurately reflect what Whoopi said, which was: 

Shorter paraphrase and interpretation of what Whoopi said on today's show: when the tables were turned, Hillary Clinton didn't try to pretend that people didn't vote for Trump. She conceded the day after the election. The then-sitting president, Barack Obama, also acknowledged Trump's win

I don't think that's an accurate assessment of what they have been saying on the show for four years.

No, most-to-all of The View hosts were not happy with Trump as president. Alone, that's true enough. They questioned his fitness for the job. Most of them suspected he was indebted to Russia for campaign interference (not fake votes). I don't recall them ever saying on the show that Americans did not vote for him. What I recall of what they said on the show is that they lamented that so many Americans voted for Trump.

Hillary told Biden not to concede months ago..   So safe to say B/H would not be conceding if circumstances were reversed. Which is exactly what Trump is doing.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Sara is right - as we get closer to Biden and Harris being sworn in, the media should stop paying attention to Trump because that’s what he wants - attention. 

I'm not fan of Sara, but the media should just focus more on Biden.  Maybe The View should do the same.

Will they be able to stop talking about Trump??

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
41 minutes ago, After7Only said:

Anna giggling over Guiliani and his 4 seasons press conference was the best....

I hadn’t heard that they did actually go through with having a press conference at the wrong site. That is just so, so funny.

Yeah, they meant to do that all along. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

Well missed the first 15 mins preempt for Joe's talk about the future.   Did get in just in time to see Ana's accolades! She was awesome! I laughed, i cried haahaa. The rest of the ep was good too, with Cyndy.  I hope she does accept a post. She would be great.  I hope she does accept a co host position on the panel.  Give Mom and Baby more time together.

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I hadn’t heard that they did actually go through with having a press conference at the wrong site. That is just so, so funny.

Yeah, they meant to do that all along. 

They had this on SNL Weekend Update but i thought it was just a bit!  Sooooo funny!

• Love 6

Is it just me, or did it look like today's show was reminiscent of the show in its early years?

There were a couple of questions where it looked like to me that Cindy McCain was...straddling the fence, or not directly answering Sunny or Joy's question; Questions being from Sunny, I think it was, whether she thought Trump would concede. Her answer was generic, and she didn't tell them if she thought he would or not. 

The other question from Joy about what Graham said, and it looked like she pivoted and she answered with "The right person was elected" for the state. Which, wasn't what Joy asked her.

But the BEST part was Ana not being able to keep it together and laughing hysterically when talking about the Four Seasons Landscaping warehouse.

But yeah, Whoopi was on FIRE! Today. And I heard her get choked up as she narrated the history of women.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 17
40 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

Well missed the first 15 mins preempt for Joe's talk about the future.   Did get in just in time to see Ana's accolades! She was awesome! I laughed, i cried haahaa. The rest of the ep was good too, with Cyndy.  I hope she does accept a post. She would be great.  I hope she does accept a co host position on the panel.  Give Mom and Baby more time together.

Cindy is fine on the show "once in a while."  They don't need her daily for the rest of Meghan's leave. 

Ana is there and they need to remember that!!

I still can't figure out why they sometimes don't show the hosts during the opening. They didn't again today.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

Looking over Cindy’s shoulder for a pic of the baby. Darn.

Cindy, learn how to pronounce Kamala's name please. 

I think there are anchors on a certain network who don't like to properly pronounce the names of people of color who are on the left. This has to affect those who listen to them, no matter how much they mean to respect people like Kamala. 

• Love 4

Cindy McCain still comes off as very cold, unemotional, and stiff. I always get the impression she thinks she is better than the four women hosting this show. And why hasn't she been to visit her daughter and the baby yet ? Something's odd there.

Interesting that Behar mentioned Biden is considering her for a 'Secretary' position in his administration. She tried to dance around it and focus on helping him now, but you could tell she'd love the position.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, JayD83 said:

Yeah but they are working for home for only 1 hour per day and it has been 6 weeks.  Not only that, being a "political expert" is her only self proclaimed claim to fame so why is she not at work during the election? 

Mat leave is still mat leave, so I don't think it's fair to attack Meghan for being able to stay home and just be with her baby. Not many people have the same privileged, and not many have the privileged to be able to work in such an easy job, but if she wants to take time off then that should be accepted.

• Love 11