Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/9/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

13 hours ago, geekburger said:

I know these are heavy, serious times, but Sunny hasn’t been the same since they’ve gone out of the studio. I’ve also noticed her and Sarah aren’t as pall-y as they were during Sarah’s first stint.

I noticed it too.

Her demeanor has definitely changed.  There is a strident tone that I don't think was there before.  I still like her but she has said some things that while I may have agreed with them I didn't care for the way she said them.

8 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I wish Sara would grow up and stop sailing on the Good Ship Lollipop.

She can't have things both (or more) ways and decisions need to be made. IMO

There is a difference between optimism and naivety.  I understand that she wants to see the good in people and hope they do what is right but (and I use this quote a lot) when people show you who they are believe them.  We are over 8 months into this pandemic and things aren't getting better.  You can't blame the virus for that.  The virus is going to do what a virus does which is spread.  So therefore it's up to people to do what they need to do which is use precautions to slow the spread.  Unless people do that things will just continue to get worse till there is a vaccine.  And let's not forget the vaccine isn't going to make it disappear. It will just (hopefully) protect the people who get the vaccine. 

• Love 8

13 hours ago, geekburger said:

I know these are heavy, serious times, but Sunny hasn’t been the same since they’ve gone out of the studio. I’ve also noticed her and Sarah aren’t as pall-y as they were during Sarah’s first stint.

Yea I've noticed it too.  Maybe Sunny is suffering from the 'rona fatigue.  Or in this case maybe depression.  This is a huge holiday for kith and kin, but it doesn't have to be a bummer what with tech and all.  Just a lil different this year, and when they/you/us go around the room to say your thanks....you know where I'm going....be thankful to still have kin.

15 hours ago, deirdra said:

and probably more eating while on screen; ick! 

W's birthday is Friday 13th!  Lucky Gal!!  And didn't they say something about a 'special guest'?  Ugh three guesses...dot dot dot lol

Edited by ForumLou
Added
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

13 HOURS AGO, GEEKBURGER SAID:
I know these are heavy, serious times, but Sunny hasn’t been the same since they’ve gone out of the studio. I’ve also noticed her and Sarah aren’t as pall-y as they were during Sarah’s first stint

-------------------------                                                                    i think back then they were close because it was them against MM.  But then Sara left, had a show, had a baby and is back (thrilled). Somehow Sunny and MM seem to have reconciled.  Sunny might be burnt out.  I thought i saw her on a comm for 20/20.  Between that, her book, promo for said book, the election, the 'rona.  Dam there's a lot of shit going.  I think I'm burnt out.

• Love 3

I noticed it too.

Her demeanor has definitely changed.  There is a strident tone that I don't think was there before. 

I guess being a 52 year old career woman locked in the house with your elderly mother, husband and two teenage kids ain't the picnic she thought it would be.

The first few weeks may have been 'fun and cozy' family quality time with plenty of cooking and baking, as she shared with these experiences with us viewers.

The second and third month was probably 'tolerable' over the summer, with the nice weather they could escape to the yard.

But now, the fall and winter has settled in with no relief in sight, not even holidays to celebrate and be with others in person. I don't think it's as tolerable as it was six months away trapped in the house with four others. It would change my demeanor, too! 

Don't get me started on Sarah's situation. LOL!

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

I  was watching the discussion about Biden's advisor recommending another lockdown, And based solely on that Its really a shame that Joy Behar is filled with such hate that she comes off as somewhat deranged,   The others, in this discussion, you can agree or disagree with but at least you can hear why they feel the way they do because they are trying to state their case instead of just vomiting hate with no actual point to make.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

W's birthday is Friday 13th!  Lucky Gal!!  And didn't they say something about a 'special guest'?  Ugh three guesses...dot dot dot lol

Hopefully, the special guest will be 'that guy in the White House', his wife, and his daughter! 

Whoopi will be thrilled !!!

• Love 1

I just had to google Miracle Max because I didn't get it.  I am one of the 3 people in the world who haven't seen The Princess Bride.

He was one hell of a good Oscar host, I will give him that!  Best of the best!

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 6
Just now, Cementhead said:

I just had to google Miracle Max because I didn't get it.  I am one of the 3 people in the world who haven't seen The Princess Bride.

I wonder who the other one is?  I too have never seen that movie - but boy do I know the quotes!

• LOL 3
4 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Inconceivable!  (Sorry. Another PB reference. I couldn’t resist.)

Oh, whoopie!  (Pun intended.). Whoopi designed masks for Christmas!

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 3
3 minutes ago, Axie said:

I’m glad Whoopie got to advertise her overpriced scarfs, masks and spices.  Now it will be perfect if she gives JLo’s annoying mother everything free.  Yep, She just did.

Was that seriously JLo's Mom?  I am only half-ass paying attention and am on cold medication that is tripping me out big time. 😳 🤪  Apropos for celebrating Whoopi's birthday, I suppose. 

1 minute ago, Cementhead said:

Was that seriously JLo's Mom?  I am only half-ass paying attention and am on cold medication that is tripping me out big time. 😳 🤪  Apropos for celebrating Whoopi's birthday, I suppose. 

Yes it was.  And, I guess Stevie Wonder (?) is the closing segment.  For some reason, he didn’t look like Stevie Wonder to me and the segment was really awkward.  Really awkward.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

23 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

I wonder who the other one is?  I too have never seen that movie - but boy do I know the quotes!

It's me.  Never saw the movie. Never want to see the movie.  But I also know the quotes.

• Love 3

Whoopi seems to be the only one suffering from 2-second delays.  They've had 8 months to upgrade her Internet service, so it could be her brain on drugs delay.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3

There are a lot of things that I have issues with when it comes to Whoopie, but one thing I can’t deny is the love she has for not just Billy Crystal, but still holds for Robin Williams. I saw her wiping tears away.

That said, this show continues to display how BEHIND they are when talking about current events. Since they were talking about it, they clearly didn’t get the memo when they were saying that Biden needs access to the intelligence briefings and that people needed to “step up and give it to him” that he will be getting them today. I only point this out to show that they’re wrong/behind and whoever is giving them the information or typing the teleprompter to get their shit together since this show is under the news division.

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

hat said, this show continues to display how BEHIND they are when talking about current events. Since they were talking about it, they clearly didn’t get the memo when they were saying that Biden needs access to the intelligence briefings and that people needed to “step up and give it to him” that he will be getting them today. I only point this out to show that they’re wrong/behind and whoever is giving them the information or typing the teleprompter to get their shit together since this show is under the news division.

I’m guessing today’s show was taped earlier this week. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

That said, this show continues to display how BEHIND they are when talking about current events. Since they were talking about it, they clearly didn’t get the memo when they were saying that Biden needs access to the intelligence briefings and that people needed to “step up and give it to him” that he will be getting them today. I only point this out to show that they’re wrong/behind and whoever is giving them the information or typing the teleprompter to get their shit together since this show is under the news division.

I know I read that some Republicans said they would give him the briefings as of today but I haven't read yet that this has actually gone ahead and happened.  

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

There are a lot of things that I have issues with when it comes to Whoopie, but one thing I can’t deny is the love she has for not just Billy Crystal, but still holds for Robin Williams. I saw her wiping tears away.      Snip...

I know, that was very touching. Right off the bat, tears!  I said i wouldn't cry.  Robin looked so great in those shots.  They all did.  Long time ago 'twas.  If there was ever a time for a reboot, I'd say now would be good.  Pick an Org, any Org.  There's bunches of good funny people, and think of the celebs that would want to do a set. Its a goldmine idea i tell ya 😉  somebody talk me down please dot dot dot  lol

4 hours ago, Haleth said:

I love Billy Crystal. Miracle Max can do no wrong AFAIC. 

He looked so good didn't he!?  I couldn't get over it.  Last time i saw him do a quick bit, and he had on such heavy makeup and pancake.  He looked like a Marionette doll.  He looks 100% better now.  The guy is looking downright young! Hah.  He must have a part coming up heehe.  Now what about a SOAP reboot or reunion. Us *Boomers* would dig it!  hah! I would!  To get back on track, that was a very thoughtful gift for W...oh and the singing fiasco.  Every year its horrible hehehe. K now W, see this situation?  This is kiiiiiiinda like what we mean dot dot dot. Oh well, all in fun right?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Haleth said:

I’m guessing today’s show was taped earlier this week. 

D’OH! I thought it was live because I didn’t see “previously recorded” or “recorded earlier”!

That would explain it, but the word about it had been out for the past two days!😆

Never saw the PB, don't know the quotes...never had the desire to see it.

Billy did look good, from the much better hairpiece to the goatee.

Stevie has lost a ton of weight but without facial hair I thought he was Sly Stone or a woman until it was announced who he was.

Edited by Yogisbooboo64
  • Love 1

Her birthday show was one big mess. And I emphasize 'big'. The Billy Crystal segment ran too long, and ran out of steam quickly. Stevie Wonder (whom I also didn't recognize at the end, I thought he was a 'Masked Singer' until I realized there was no mask on him) was a disorganized catastrophe. And don't get me started on Whoopi hawking her products at the end for the HSN-QVC segment.

If they wanted a surprise guest for her, they should have asked Joe Biden or Kamala Harris to make a quick appearance.  That would've been much more interesting.

I guess this show has proven one major thing over the past eight months: It needs to be conducted in a studio atmosphere, with an audience for some much-needed energy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Stevie has lost a ton of weight but without facial hair I thought he was Sly Stone or a woman until it was announced who he was.

He was so tiny on my screen that I couldn't tell, but his VOICE was clearly Stevie.

I'm 66 and since the early days of imdb.com thought Whoopi was a year or two older than me.  Her nonchalance at Billy's 'welcome to Medicare' bit made me wonder what her true age is, since she normally would be exuberant about 'free' stuff from the government.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 11/13/2020 at 5:38 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

D’OH! I thought it was live because I didn’t see “previously recorded” or “recorded earlier”!

That would explain it, but the word about it had been out for the past two days!😆

No. The word you heard somewhere is wrong. The govt agency in charge of govt operations still won't make the necessary proclamation and the Biden team can't get started on the transition process or get the security briefings. So the folks on the View were correct.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, deirdra said:

I'm 66 and since the early days of imdb.com thought Whoopi was a year or two older than me.  Her nonchalance at Billy's 'welcome to Medicare' bit made me wonder what her true age is, since she normally would be exuberant about 'free' stuff from the government.

A few years back, there was some confusion about Whoopi's birth year and her age.

14 hours ago, deirdra said:

I'm 66 and since the early days of imdb.com thought Whoopi was a year or two older than me.  Her nonchalance at Billy's 'welcome to Medicare' bit made me wonder what her true age is, since she normally would be exuberant about 'free' stuff from the government

I took the comment to mean that she is 65...unless Billy was trying to be "funny" on her behalf.

7 hours ago, MsTree said:

I took the comment to mean that she is 65...unless Billy was trying to be "funny" on her behalf.

Yes, on imdb & wikipedia she is 65, but I am not sure that is her real age; many actors or their agents alter their 'public' age to get more jobs. I recall another who I'd followed closely since I was a teenager who was '59' for three years in a row.  I particularly notice when an actor is my age or within the range of my older & younger sisters. Joy Behar, who shares my birthday, has always been 12 years older than me.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 1

Didn't she go through identity theft too?  Long long loooooooong time ago.she had to do a lot of stuff to reclaim her name.  And she would say every day 'be careful what you put on the internet, it is there forever'

On 11/13/2020 at 6:40 AM, Haleth said:

There was smoke coming out of Sunny's ears when Whoopi and Joy interrupted her rant.  She was pissed.

Wasn't that horrible? Whoopi and especially Joy would have gone ballistic if they had been interrupted like that.

3 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Wasn't that horrible? Whoopi and especially Joy would have gone ballistic if they had been interrupted like that.

None of them can or should mock each other for ranting on, by saying, yeah, we got it. Each one drones on and repeats their points, day after day, but also within one episode. Sunny should be pissed by that, because she has never called out any of her co-hosts for repeatedly making a point.

• Love 2