Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/9/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

45 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Cindy McCain still comes off as very cold, unemotional, and stiff. I always get the impression she thinks she is better than the four women hosting this show. And why hasn't she been to visit her daughter and the baby yet ? Something's odd there.

Interesting that Behar mentioned Biden is considering her for a 'Secretary' position in his administration. She tried to dance around it and focus on helping him now, but you could tell she'd love the position.

I thought she said it was because of COVID. I wouldn't want my elderly mother or my newborn to be exposed.

• Love 16

^^^^

Not sure if 66 year old Cindy would like being described as "elderly", LOL.  My 78 and 82 year old parents certainly don't like it!  But I can't blame her for not being ready to fly - to NYC especially - during this pandemic.  I saw a shot of her mother-in-law's burial at Arlington on one of the evening shows and there were people there (in cars, socially distanced), but I couldn't see if MM was in the crowd.  I hope some members of the family were able to be at the burial.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

I thought she said it was because of COVID. I wouldn't want my elderly mother or my newborn to be exposed.

Yes, this. My sister is a grandmother for the first time and she has only seen her grandchild once in the four months of his life. It's really tough for these new grandparents. Cindy has other grandchildren, but it must be tough to not be able to see her granddaughter. So many families are going through this.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, bannana said:

Yes, this. My sister is a grandmother for the first time and she has only seen her grandchild once in the four months of his life. It's really tough for these new grandparents. Cindy has other grandchildren, but it must be tough to not be able to see her granddaughter. So many families are going through this.

My daughter is finally pregnant after years of heartache.  I'm already mourning that I won't be able to see her or the baby until a vaccine is ready.  I'm sure Cindy would be on a plane in a heartbeat if it was safe.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 17
8 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Cindy McCain still comes off as very cold, unemotional, and stiff. I always get the impression she thinks she is better than the four women hosting this show. And why hasn't she been to visit her daughter and the baby yet ? Something's odd there.

Interesting that Behar mentioned Biden is considering her for a 'Secretary' position in his administration. She tried to dance around it and focus on helping him now, but you could tell she'd love the position.

Why hasn’t Cindy been to visit Megan?   We are in the middle of a pandemic.  In reality she should quarantine 2 weeks before visiting the baby.  And that would be after arriving in NY.   She doesn’t want to risk the babies life.   These are not normal times.   I’m sure she’d be right there if things were normal. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

My daughter is finally pregnant after years of heartache.  I'm already mourning that I won't be able to see her or the baby until a vaccine is ready.  I'm sure Cindy would be on a plane in a heartbeat if it was safe.

Congratulations, Haleth!  I recall a post from you some time ago about her struggles with IVF, I sure hope I am remembering correctly, so congratulations to your family.  ❤️

• Love 9
19 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But yeah, Whoopi was on FIRE! Today. And I heard her get choked up as she narrated the history of women.

That was a very moving montage. I myself got choked up. We have come along way baby.

I am curious how Meghan is going to act with a Biden administration.  I have a hard time believing she will be as gracious as her mother.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

Congratulations, Haleth!  I recall a post from you some time ago about her struggles with IVF, I sure hope I am remembering correctly, so congratulations to your family.  ❤️

Thank you, Cement. ❤️

• Love 3

I feel like they are wasting time beating on no voter irregularities. Do as you say....suck it up and just be patient. 70 million Americans voted for Trump and want to be assured there was nothing going on. If there was, it needs to be fixed or these people will never feel like their vote counts again. They are not just going to take The View ladies word on it. 

Edited by mxmummy
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

I am curious how Meghan is going to act with a Biden administration.  I have a hard time believing she will be as gracious as her mother.

I don't care if she's critical - as long as it's constructive (ok not going to happen).

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Love 4

I don’t know how republicans can be held accountable as per AOC and Sunny if they continually get re-elected by their constituency. We may dislike a certain politician but if the constituents are perfectly fine with his/her performance there is little AOC can do about it. But neither is it McCarthyism, Sara. 

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, After7Only said:

Trump and others continue to tell the American people the election was rigged, with no facts or specifics to support that claim, it is the responsibility of journalists and the ladies of View to provide factual context.  If there are no evidence of voter irregularities the American people need to hear that as much as possible.  You cannot be patient while misinformation is being spread.   

4 years ago 65 million people were in  a similar position.  Except there was quite a bit of discussion about foreign influence on the election.  Despite the fact that only 62 million Americans voted for the winner of the electoral college, those 65 million Americans including elected officials all accepted the outcome of the election without making baseless claims.   

What facts have the ladies provided? We know it’s still being looked into, right? I recall us looking at foreign interference for the last 4 years so why is it different now? The people want Transparency! They have wanted it for the last  4 years and they want it now.

Edited by mxmummy
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Axie said:

Whoopi, What happens if all the people you tell to “Come back to The View whenever you want to” all choose the same day to come back?

And when they don't come back, does that mean they don't want to?  Not a good way to promote your show.

25 minutes ago, deirdra said:

And when they don't come back, does that mean they don't want to?  Not a good way to promote your show.

They’re probably not coming back because Whoopi didn’t tell them they’d be welcome.   

Edited by Axie
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But the BEST part was Ana not being able to keep it together and laughing hysterically when talking about the Four Seasons Landscaping warehouse.

I honestly thought that was a Borat type joke, not that it had actually happened!  

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, WinnieWinkle said:

I honestly thought that was a Borat type joke, not that it had actually happened!  

I know, right? It was a very interesting story from the weekend and I am glad Ana shared it. It really was bizarre; like, why did they select a landscaping company for a press conference. The Four Seasons hotel also tweeted that it was not taking place at their hotel and corrected it by say it was Four Seasons Total Landscaping. And then Trump confirmed that via tweet. And then there were pics of the industrial area and the press showing up for the press conference. And it actually happened there. I am not sure the other ladies really knew the story cause they didn't find it as hilarious as Ana did, but it really was funny.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, bannana said:

I know, right? It was a very interesting story from the weekend and I am glad Ana shared it. It really was bizarre; like, why did they select a landscaping company for a press conference. The Four Seasons hotel also tweeted that it was not taking place at their hotel and corrected it by say it was Four Seasons Total Landscaping.

Apparently, the Trump campaign didn't know the difference between the two places and didn't read carefully but won't admit it.

I do love that Ana talked about!!

• LOL 12
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Mat leave is still mat leave, so I don't think it's fair to attack Meghan for being able to stay home and just be with her baby. Not many people have the same privileged, and not many have the privileged to be able to work in such an easy job, but if she wants to take time off then that should be accepted.

This girl couldn't accept it more!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
39 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Apparently, the Trump campaign didn't know the difference between the two places and didn't read carefully but won't admit it.

I didn't know that part! I thought these were buddies of his. How hilarious.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, After7Only said:

If Trump and others continue to tell the American people the election was rigged, with no facts or specifics to support that claim, it is the responsibility of journalists and the ladies of View to provide factual context.  If there are no evidence of voter irregularities the American people need to hear that as much as possible.  You cannot be patient while misinformation is being spread.   

What kind of facts have the ladies provided that there were no irregularities? I might have missed it, I was in and out of the room while it was on.

10 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Why hasn’t Cindy been to visit Megan?   We are in the middle of a pandemic.  In reality she should quarantine 2 weeks before visiting the baby.  And that would be after arriving in NY.   She doesn’t want to risk the babies life.   These are not normal times.   I’m sure she’d be right there if things were normal. 

I know we are in a pandemic, but let's face it - Meghan had the baby over a month ago (Sept. 28?). Arrangements could have been made in advance for Cindy to be out there with her daughter before her due date / delivery, or shortly after with all precautions in place. As I've said before, to me they don't come across as a close mother / daughter relationship - certainly not as close as she was with her father. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

As I've said before, to me they don't come across as a close mother / daughter relationship - certainly not as close as she was with her father. 

I always thought McCain had married before Cindy and that she was Meghan's step-mother.  Not that step-mothers can't be close to the kids (if Hallmark movies have taught me nothing else they've taught me this) but aside from that Meghan has always seemed to me to be distant from her mother and from her other siblings.  That may be my perception and not an accurate one.

8 minutes ago, mxmummy said:

What kind of facts have the ladies provided that there were no irregularities? I might have missed it, I was in and out of the room while it was on.

Nobody has to prove irregularities don't exist. None of the people claiming they're there have any proof of that they do exist. They have no logical reason to claim they exist. 

• Love 20
8 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

I always thought McCain had married before Cindy and that she was Meghan's step-mother. 

Cindy is Meghan’s mother.

The AGs of all the states in question have denied widespread irregularities. The View woman can take that as fact. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I think because her husband was much older than she (I believe he'd be 85 this year ?).  She comes across as an 'older' than 66, IMO.

Cindy really does come across older than 66.  Kathie Lee Gifford is 67 and I'd never think they were the same age!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, mxmummy said:

The ladies, particularly Sunny have referred to the experts and entities responsible for studying and investigating voter fraud.   One week post election and none of those entities have identified widespread or even significant isolated voter fraud.   That is factual information.   

• Love 23
4 hours ago, jalady said:

But she looks younger than Kathie Lee to me - by a LOT.

Yes, I agree. Cindy looks much younger than her 66 years. I haven't seen Kathie Lee in a while but she probably looks a bit younger too. Neither of them seem to have done the stupid fillers, etc. (I am looking at Kate Roberts today on DOOL, and it used to work for her but now she is a mannequin.)

My hubby went to get a pneumonia shot today, and the pharmacist, who is probably in his late 50s, said my hubby looked way younger than 65.

Last week, I had the same pharmacist  for my flu shot; and he asked my age. And nothing. And I am way younger than my hubs. ~ Sigh ~

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

Late post here, but just wanted to comment on Monday's show a little bit. The announcer of the show's monologue bothered me when they claimed Kamala Harris had "broken the glass ceiling." I was like, uh.... While she's made a pretty giant step for women, the glass ceiling isn't broken until a woman is the president--not simply the person standing in the background behind the president. I just found that a little insulting. Ideally she will go on to break the glass ceiling where HRC failed, but so far the glass ceiling is still firmly in place, sadly.

I loved how Whoopi repeatedly compared Trump's hissyfit refusal to accept defeat to Hillary calling to concede the night the election was called four years ago (and then giving her speech the next morning). All the votes weren't literally counted that night, but they could reason enough to know which state would go to who after enough votes had come in.

As for Tuesday's show--I agreed with Sunny for the most part on wanting monsters to be held accountable for their actions, and her refusal to have that dismissed as "toxic cancel culture." I liked that Joy had a little more nuance than Sunny or Sara though. Sara seemed very scripted on that topic; she was continuously looking down at what I assume were pre-written notes.

• Love 11

My jaw dropped when I heard Pompeo’s “joke.”  I hadn’t heard that this might be a fundraising scam for trump and his debts.  Pompeo is also looking to run for office. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

I always thought McCain had married before Cindy and that she was Meghan's step-mother.  Not that step-mothers can't be close to the kids (if Hallmark movies have taught me nothing else they've taught me this) but aside from that Meghan has always seemed to me to be distant from her mother and from her other siblings.  That may be my perception and not an accurate one.

No, she is the child from Cindy and John McCain. I believe she is their only child from that marriage - correct me if I'm wrong.  I believe her older siblings are from her father's first marriage, and then there is her younger sister who was adopted.

It seems as though other hosts that have been on maternity leave on this show and other shows, have made a video appearance, but, Meghan has not.  It's just strange. It almost seems like a subliminal FU. Of course, this may become a "be careful what you wish for" scenario.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

No, she is the child from Cindy and John McCain. I believe she is their only child from that marriage - correct me if I'm wrong.  I believe her older siblings are from her father's first marriage, and then there is her younger sister who was adopted.

Meghan has two full brothers and an adopted sister from her parent's marriage.  She has a half sister from her dad's first marriage and I think two step brothers from the first marriage.

5 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Meghan has two full brothers and an adopted sister from her parent's marriage.  She has a half sister from her dad's first marriage and I think two step brothers from the first marriage.

Her dad adopted his stepsons from his first marriage so they are her brothers..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3