Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E16: The Consequences Of Truth

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I think the timeline was that Melyza had lived in the US and dated Tim for several years when she was a student but then went back to Colombia.  She was going to move to Texas and live with Tim.  But before that happened he cheated with the co-worker.  Melyza comes to Texas and he confesses but things are tense and she decides to leave.  In her mind they have broken up.  After she returns to Colombia she dates other guys but Tim is still talking to her.  He offers to move there to try to work things out and she agrees.  It’s unclear whether she already has broken things off with the casual sex guy or she does that because Tim is moving there.  So she thinks what they did was apples and oranges because he clearly cheated on her while they were in a monogamous relationship whereas she dated around after they were no longer a couple.  But he thinks because they didn’t make crystal clear that they had broken up and she was still communicating with him that what she did was cheating.  

Your take on this is dead on. Their relationship is like the premise of Seinfeld, it is a show about nothing.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

Brittany is young, incredibly foolish, and obviously in way over her head.  She seems to think the whole thing is fun and games. A boost for her (dubious) rap career and a romantic journey across the world with her as the heroine. Meanwhile, Yazan is back in Jordan, in the process of being disowned by his family, while Brittany basically ignores him - and lies continuously when they do talk. So, here's hoping Yazan doesn't marry Brittany before the show airs, as I'm pretty sure that the same relatives trolling Brittany's social media will be savvy enough to know how to view the show - and then Yazan will see things for what they are.

I ❤ Armando's family ; they are trying so, so hard.

Jihoon is a lying liar who lies, and Deavan is on my short list of most unlikable 90 Day cast members ever. Her particular brand of drama queen mixed with profound stupidly makes me want to scream.

As for Ari (and Deavan), I have only one piece of advice for them going forward  - BIRTH CONTROL!  Even the two of you can educate yourself on effective birth control and then use it.... it's not fucking rocket science. 

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17
8 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

You know what's smart to add to your messy ass house with a toddler and a small monster of a child?  A fucking puppy. 

And if that dog bites that brat because it was handled inappropriately, guess who will pay the price besides Jihoon!!!  

That kid should never have a pet of ANY kind until she is tamed!

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
6 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

One of the sisters seemed genuinely happy to see the baby in the hospital.   The others looked like they were ticked to be there.   I can't believe anyone thought it was appropriate to have a group visit on a woman who is barely out of anesthetic from her c-section.  And Bini should get a freaking clue about childbirth before he spouts that garbage about lack of bonding, and childbirth should be suffering.   

Oh you mean my first in laws?  The ones who were told not to come that day, please wait a day, please....doctors orders......they showed up with friends.

I am here to tell you the baby does NOT change in a day, folks.  Stay home.  Please.

Bini can shove it with his "C section babies don't bond with Mom" - yeah take a seat, Baby.  In a corner!

Funny c section story with me:  He had to cut me up and down, not across, ala the "bikini cut."  Yeah, this was my second baby in less than two years, I was overweight, I was so NOT concerned with a bikini, lol!!!

I was so drugged up with my c section there are photos that I do not remember being taken.

5 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

Every week I have the same internal struggle- who is more stupider?  These morons? or me for wasting two hours watching them?

I agree!!!  Yet is like a drug to me!!!! I can't quit!!!  But do I want to????  "Hello, I am a 90 Day-aholic adn I need help."  The struggle is real my friend.  Very real.

• LOL 6
  • Love 10

Well, there was not a dry eye at Casa Persnickety when Father Armando came rolling up in his red VW.  

And we're pretty jaded and hard hearted about shit like this (especially shit like this on TLC).   It was an extremely rare moment.  

As much as I'd love for them to have their own show, I sort of want TLC to let them disappear now. 

I want them to have their happy ending of literally driving off into the sunset into their best lives without any orchestrated TLC shenanigans.   

Thanks for not fucking that up, TLC.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

Ari and Bini are two children who now have a one night stand baby. Nobody else has mentioned Bini’s filthy pants he was allowed to wear in the delivery room. And dare I say that, if I were any of Bini’s family, I might be questioning if he is even the father, that is one of the whitest babies I’ve ever seen.

Brittany and Yazan - I was all ready to dislike Yaz because of his cruel and misogynistic religion, but now I have nothing but compassion for him. He seems like a genuinely nice guy who truly loves that vapid selfish bitch Britt. And hey Britt, if I had that much cellulite on my ass, I wouldn’t be so proudly displaying it all over the Internet!
Melyza and Tim - yaaaawn.

Deavan and Jihoon, every episode get more unlikable, they deserve each other. But damn, their baby boy sure is a cutie and seems like a very good natured baby. Which is a good thing because Drascilla.

Armando is the singular sign of grace on this whole show, along with his loving and supportive family.

And finally, I’m a newbie and would like to know how to get to the “couples thread” I’ve seen mentioned. Thanx

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, Mean Jeanne said:

Ari and Bini are two children who now have a one night stand baby. Nobody else has mentioned Bini’s filthy pants he was allowed to wear in the delivery room. And dare I say that, if I were any of Bini’s family, I might be questioning if he is even the father, that is one of the whitest babies I’ve ever seen.

Brittany and Yazan - I was all ready to dislike Yaz because of his cruel and misogynistic religion, but now I have nothing but compassion for him. He seems like a genuinely nice guy who truly loves that vapid selfish bitch Britt. And hey Britt, if I had that much cellulite on my ass, I wouldn’t be so proudly displaying it all over the Internet!

Deavan and Jihoon, every episode get more unlikable, they deserve each other. But damn, their baby boy sure is a cutie and seems like a very good natured baby. Which is a good thing because Drascilla.

Armando is the singular sign of grace on this whole show, along with his loving and supportive family.

And finally, I’m a newbie and would like to know how to get to the “couples thread” I’ve seen mentioned. Thanx

https://forums.primetimer.com/forum/4389-the-couples-spoilers/?ct=1602995017#

• Useful 1

I fell asleep just after the baby's scenes.  Seeing current pics of the baby... yep, that's Bini's mini-me.  Same face and WHAT A CUTE LITTLE FACE, he looks like a happy little babe, and I hope Bini and Ari are able to get their shit together and keep Avi with that cute smiley face.  (No, Mom.  I'm not smitten enough with babies to have any of my own, I just love smooshy little chunky babes like that!)

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, Mean Jeanne said:

Go here.  

Don't know if you're adverse to spoilers, but there are spoilers in the couple's threads.

Welcome!  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Mean Jeanne said:

Click the back button on the top left of your browser, and you will reach the menu for 90 Day Fiance, the Couples thread allowing spoilers is the bottom one on the list.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Your take on this is dead on. Their relationship is like the premise of Seinfeld, it is a show about nothing.

Melyza is so unlikable I don't even care who is wrong or more wrong.  I would hate to be with someone like her.

• Love 24

This show got a bit too real for me during the Yahzan scenes.  I was heart broken for him because he believed Brittany.  He was full in and she is a user and liar.  I really hope that he realizes that she is just using him and that he is able to repair his relationship with his family.  No family, no job, no home, and Brittany just cares about her social media.

I think Ari puts blame on others.  After she recovered she put so much blame on the doctor "I just wanted to breathe..." No, you were throwing a tantrum and the longer you took to finally agree the more in danger the baby would become.  I agree with everyone else that Bini was sprouting nonsense, but it was very telling when he was shopping with his sister and indicated that Ari wants what she wants and he will hear about it if what he brings home isn't the perfect match to what she wants.  She also wants "Ave" because it is close to her name.  I hope that Bini has parental rights and she won't be able to easily take the baby out of Ethiopia.  I am a woman and I believe that fathers have rights and they should be respected (along with mothers) and that it shouldn't be automatic that mothers can do whatever they want, whenever they want regarding parental rights. 

Fast forwarded Tim and Melyza.  Don't care.

I feel for that puppy that Deaven and Jihoon got.  Drusilla will abuse it in some way (no spoilers, just based on her recorded behaviors).  I just don't understand all the second wedding nonsense (I loved the visuals of the Korean ceremony).  Oh, and if you don't want to keep having to clean urine out of the rugs, maybe house train your new puppy.  Ooops, I forgot, Deaven doesn't believe in training children let alone puppies.  My bad.

• Love 13
11 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

And Bini should get a freaking clue about childbirth before he spouts that garbage about lack of bonding, and childbirth should be suffering.   

Maybe that explains why they told Ari that caesareans weren’t common there. Women are expected to just suck it up even if the baby is transverse or breech, but the low amniotic fluid made her a candidate for the surgery not the baby’s position. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

One of the sisters seemed genuinely happy to see the baby in the hospital.   The others looked like they were ticked to be there.   I can't believe anyone thought it was appropriate to have a group visit on a woman who is barely out of anesthetic from her c-section.  And Bini should get a freaking clue about childbirth before he spouts that garbage about lack of bonding, and childbirth should be suffering.   

Or, they could have been being a little snotty because not once did Ari or Bini make any effort to lift the baby up and let them see.....(or was I just falling asleep and didn't notice?)

• Love 1
20 hours ago, suzywallis said:

Yes, this!!!  That's the biggest load of BS!!!  I always liked him but he definitely soured in my opinion.

Well, I had a C-section and it definitely effected my initial bonding.  Of course I had been induced, gone through 15 hours of labor, the kiddo crowned and wouldn't fit with forceps or anything, so they had to rush me into the OR and pull said kiddo back up the birth canal (the epidural had worn off and I felt it all), so I was a wee bit tired.  When they brought that sweet smelling bundle to me, I was just like yeah yeah take him away and let me SLEEP!!!!

• Useful 3
8 hours ago, Kid said:

And if that dog bites that brat because it was handled inappropriately, guess who will pay the price besides Jihoon!!!  

IKR????  I swear if they were in the US I would report them to the humane society.  That little brat is going to hurt that poor pup.

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, Opine said:

IKR????  I swear if they were in the US I would report them to the humane society.  That little brat is going to hurt that poor pup.

On their couple's thread, there was an incident involving Drascilla and the dog last March. 

• Useful 3
17 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I don’t know if you watch, but the first episode of The Amazing Race that aired last week was partially in Trinidad.

Yessssss.  My friend that is obsessed with the show called me and made me switch channels.  It was exciting. 

10 hours ago, snarkish said:

THIS!!! (BTW, I love your writing style, @TrininisaScorp!) So many couples that can't manage their small children think a kitten or a puppy is a good idea to add to the madness! 

Thanks, bruv!  I appreciate it.  I choose to post almost always right after I have viewed it, so my irritation and ire is at max.  LOL.

Another thought about these ppl in general, but def Deaven/Jihoon rn - I got married at the courthouse (and in a mosque b/c my mom wanted it and I needed her to chill out...LOL).  A decade+ later, we did a vacation to Vegas where we did a vow renewal. All together, my wedding(s) cost a grand total of $600 (not including his ring and mine...which are both modest).   So, you'll excuse me when I don't understand all this gd kerfuffle over needing NEEDING to have a big giant blowout wedding when you def can't afford it.  Deaven is a self entitled person, who never takes any responsibility for how her actions may have caused her misfortunes.  It is clear she is also raising her daughter in a similar manner.  Ugh. 

Re:  Ari's visitors at the hospital - I will never understand people visiting women who have had babies right the hell away.  Unless they want me there, I'll wait until my friend/family is feeling like accepting visitors.  Let the new family bond.  Let mom heal, ffs!!  Whether a vaginal or c section delivery, her body and emotions have been through it.  Dang.   I will come to the hospital or at home with useful gifts or food and offers of doing laundry or the dishes or watching the kid if someone wants a nap.  The baby isn't about me...it's about the family having the baby.  

Edited by TrininisaScorp
  • Love 15

Years ago I saw a book from the 1930's or 40's about children with autism - the title was something like "Children with Autism - Failure of the Mother to Bond". It breaks my heart to think how many mothers were fed this shit by doctors, family, friends, etc. and blamed themselves. And possibly how many still are. 💔

Bini  is a simpleton.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I know!!! On top of all that mess of two kids in a small apartment and Deavan's lack of attention to an actual human (Drascilla)...that dog will not last long there, I do not see anyone making it a priority as far as walking and feeding aside from Jihoon if he leaves that apartment for any length of time.

I used to breed Shih Tzu/Bichons many years ago. I wouldn't sell them until they were 3 months old, made sure that the dad spent time with them not only the mom, and had a million questions for their new owners before I allowed them to go with them, worse than if they were children, I am sure! But one stipulation was no pup could go to a home that had any children under the age of 7, because they are fragile little creatures and take work to train properly! Deavon has no business having a puppy in the home right now, she has no idea how to raise one and the kids are way to young! Why add extra work when she has enough on her plate already?? Instead of putting the entire rug in the bathtub, why not buy a can of spot remover, or try vinegar and water to blot it out? Ridiculous people!

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, seasons said:

Bini  is a simpleton.

With poor taste in women.  

9 minutes ago, mittsigirl said:

I used to breed Shih Tzu/Bichons many years ago. I wouldn't sell them until they were 3 months old, made sure that the dad spent time with them not only the mom, and had a million questions for their new owners before I allowed them to go with them, worse than if they were children, I am sure! But one stipulation was no pup could go to a home that had any children under the age of 7, because they are fragile little creatures and take work to train properly! Deavon has no business having a puppy in the home right now, she has no idea how to raise one and the kids are way to young! Why add extra work when she has enough on her plate already?? Instead of putting the entire rug in the bathtub, why not buy a can of spot remover, or try vinegar and water to blot it out? Ridiculous people!

She said that she saw a rug being cleaned that way on a Korean sitcom.  Maybe she copies Kramer’s housekeeping  techniques as well.

• LOL 7
6 hours ago, SabineElisabeth said:

Brittany is young, incredibly foolish, and obviously in way over her head.  She seems to think the whole thing is fun and games. A boost for her (dubious) rap career and a romantic journey across the world with her as the heroine. Meanwhile, Yazan is back in Jordan, in the process of being disowned by his family, while Brittany basically ignores him - and lies continuously when they do talk. So, here's hoping Yazan doesn't marry Brittany before the show airs, as I'm pretty sure that the same relatives trolling Brittany's social media will be savvy enough to know how to view the show - and then Yazan will see things for what they are.

I ❤ Armando's family ; they are trying so, so hard.

Jihoon is a lying liar who lies, and Deavan is on my short list of most unlikable 90 Day cast members ever. Her particular brand of drana queen mixed with profound stupidly makes me want to scream.

As for Ari (and Deavan), I have only one piece of advice for them going forward  - BIRTH CONTROL!  Even the two of you can educate yourself on effective birth control and then use it.... it's not fucking rocket science. 

I have wondered this in recent  years: Whatever happened to girls using contraception? When I was in college and in my 20s, everyone was either on the pill, had an IUD, or a diaphragm.  Even a provincial college like the one I went to had a free clinic.  Now they're all having babies they lack the maturity to take care of, without even thinking of what a commitment it is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Opine said:

Well, I had a C-section and it definitely effected my initial bonding.  Of course I had been induced, gone through 15 hours of labor, the kiddo crowned and wouldn't fit with forceps or anything, so they had to rush me into the OR and pull said kiddo back up the birth canal (the epidural had worn off and I felt it all), so I was a wee bit tired.  When they brought that sweet smelling bundle to me, I was just like yeah yeah take him away and let me SLEEP!!!!

I had two C-Sections myself.  I just remember feeling nauseated after the first one for some reason. I don't recall much of anything.  I remember not being able to hold mine for a little while because my arms were numb and kept falling off the table!!  Yikes!  

• Love 2
On 10/17/2020 at 10:49 AM, Straycat80 said:

I’m going to give Ari a break here. I was a Surgical Tech. There were lots of times we had women come up to the O.R. For emergency or unplanned C-Sections. In my experience a lot of these women, didn’t matter what age, were absolutely Terrified and acted like Ari did (sometimes worse). Everyone reacts different in cases like this. My best friend was an L&D nurse, she told some pretty wild stories about women giving birth naturally. God bless nurses! 

Same. My eldest just had her first baby, and had gone in for a routine end-of-pregnancy checkup. BAM, time for a c-section because her blood pressure was high and the baby was starting to go into distress. She got to the point where she was sitting up for the epidural and just panicked, so they had to do the general. An epidural is not pleasant even under the best of circumstances (I've had two), and getting poked around in her spine was where the enormity of "hey, you're having the baby RIGHT NOW" came crashing down on her. I completely felt for Ari because this was her first time going through it, and although they were 'explaining' things to her it was more like they were talking at her instead of getting her buy-in. I was actually pretty surprised that she was breastfeeding so well at the hospital as that was something I thought she'd be more like, "Baby, give him a bottle, I need a nap."

Edited by lightninggirl
  • Love 4

Oh, my god, the two hours it took to get through this was definitely MORE than enough! 

Cheesedick and Our Lady of the Perpetual Guilt Trip: Well, Cheesedick looks like he's lost some weight, but his eyes still look like two pissholes in the sand. I'm wondering if it's a fatty liver, coke bloat, or an undiagnosed heart problem, but he looks positively ill. It now appears that Cheesedick called Melyza's bluff and she's all, "Shit, this motherfucker actually MOVED TO MEDELLIN and I can't get out of it now!" She's going to have to be continually horrible enough to him to make him leave. And by that I mean inviting a super-hot ex over and doing him in Cheesedick's bed conveniently at the time Cheesedick comes home from another failed round of job-hunting in jeans that are two sizes too small.

Yazan and Brittany: I cannot get past the horrific WIDE-ASSED PART in Brittany's shitty-assed wig! Oh my GOD! Does she not look in a mirror? I can't. I also can't with the fact that Yazan was homeless because of her. Yeah, a lot has been lost in translation (and I know first-hand how that works as I've dated more individuals who didn't speak my language than actually did!), but this kid got kicked out of the family business and she still expects him to fly that wide-assed part back and forth? Dude.

Deavan and Joonie: Deavan had no less than three different mouths during her talking heads. In the one with Jihoon, she actually resembled the Joker and it was horrifying. Her top lip presented itself in completely different stages of plumpness during the two single talking heads, and she seemed less dead-eyed in the talking head where she had more filler.

Ari and Baby(x2): I can't talk smack about Ari's birth story, but she got herself into that situation. Period. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Thankfully, everyone is healthy and happy, albeit still dumb as fuck. I'm hoping that intelligence skips a generation in both families because that kid is going to need a TON of smarts! The sister is not the brightest bulb in the tanning bed, either, because even though she knows Ari's parents are coming over within the next 1-2 weeks with everything the baby needs (because "it's American and more quality," according to Baby), she's making Baby shell out $40 USD for a BABY BATH THAT THE BABY CAN'T USE ANYWAY. Oh, my god, I was yelling at the TV, "PUT THAT GODDAMN THING BACK AND SAVE YOUR MONEY FOR DIAPERS" - but it was actually pretty cool with the collapsible sides. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by lightninggirl
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, Opine said:

I was like that with my vaginal deliveries... I'm kinda like that now and my oldest is 13.

It DOES happen with c-sections, but it also happens with vaginal deliveries. It happens with medicated ones and with natural ones. It happens with first babies and with second, third, and fourths. It happens. Everyone is different. The problem is with Bibi's ignorance in thinking that it's factual that it always happens with c-sections. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, lightninggirl said:

I'm wondering if it's a fatty liver, coke bloat, or an undiagnosed heart problem, but he looks positively ill. 

Maybe he’s a drug mule and the condoms are lodged in his intestines.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Ugh I am enraged by any and all antiquated, misogynistic notions regarding childbirth and childrearing. That the suffering of a woman makes the birth “sweeter” as if Bini had ANY notion what labor feels like or know anything about the aftermath of birth. Someone said on another thread that breastfeeding into the toddlers years must be for the sexual gratification of the mother a few weeks ago. I’m still fuming at the pure ignorance of such a ridiculous, disgusting idea. Anyways, Ari knew she’d be giving birth in Ethiopia but I’m not judging her hysterics. My first birth was an emergency C-section I can’t even imagine having one in a foreign country where the only person you know is a sexual acquaintance. That baby bed did not look safe. 

Hannah in the backseat with tears had me teary-eyed too. She is just the sweetest. I’m looking forward to Kenny and Armando’s disagreements about parenting. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, alotmorestupider said:

Ugh I am enraged by any and all antiquated, misogynistic notions regarding childbirth and childrearing. That the suffering of a woman makes the birth “sweeter” as if Bini had ANY notion what labor feels like or know anything about the aftermath of birth. Someone said on another thread that breastfeeding into the toddlers years must be for the sexual gratification of the mother a few weeks ago. I’m still fuming at the pure ignorance of such a ridiculous, disgusting idea. Anyways, Ari knew she’d be giving birth in Ethiopia but I’m not judging her hysterics. My first birth was an emergency C-section I can’t even imagine having one in a foreign country where the only person you know is a sexual acquaintance. That baby bed did not look safe. 

Hannah in the backseat with tears had me teary-eyed too. She is just the sweetest. I’m looking forward to Kenny and Armando’s disagreements about parenting. 

Those attitudes, and others, are why I don't belong to any online mommy or parenting groups. I don't like them either. 

21 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I can't believe that they'd basically done nothing to prepare for a baby and we're waiting on Mama to bring everything. A baby is technically due at 40 weeks, but they're full term at 38 and can come even before then. Dummies. 

And she bought like seven suitcases with her, I thought probably so many because she was bringing baby stuff... nope. At least one bag was full of just ratty old shoes! So much more important. 

45 minutes ago, alotmorestupider said:

Honestly I'm not surprised Bini has those antiquated views. He doesn't strike me as someone who's educated and aware.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, suzywallis said:

I had two C-Sections myself.  I just remember feeling nauseated after the first one for some reason.

I also had two cesareans, but for some reason both times I was given spinal block anesthesia, not epidurals. Both times, I had a horrendous "spinal headache" afterwards and was more than willing to hand my babies over to the maternity nurses. These were also the days before the baby stayed in the room with you, so I was able to get more rest than new mothers do now. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Has Melyza ever said that the person she slept with was a man?  I'm noticing her avoidance of a pronoun and so I'm wondering if she had a casual affair with another woman.  

Tim and Melyza are just too secretive with each other.  I don't know that they are a good fit.  I've never felt any pity for him and I notice that he DOESN'T specifically say he didn't have sex with anyone after Melyza left the states.  He said he wasn't in a relationship and didn't date, but kept flirting with co-workers after he slept with one.  I think he is very careful to create the assumption that he didn't have sex without actually coming out and saying it.  

BUT, her telling half the story is just lame.  If you bring it up, answer the questions.  If Tim isn't using a condom because she is on BC than he does have a right to be worried and she won't share any details.  She literally just lost her shit because she thought he might have slept with another woman while they were "broken up" and then she admits that she slept with someone.  I also think that she led him to think there was a chance, her insistence  that because she never directly said she wanted to fuck him, but kept talking to him was silly.  

• Love 6
On 10/18/2020 at 9:32 PM, renatae said:

So, let me get this straight. Melyza considered them broken up as soon as he went back to the States. So she wasn't really cheating on him. But when he cheated while he was back in the States, that was wrong and he was an awful person deserving of her eternal indifference. Okaaaay.

Yeah, I've given her the benefit of the doubt, but I'm pretty over her.  I think she strung him along and gave him hope all while pursuing something else.  Its fine, but like he said, she should have given him the same honesty she wanted from him.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, magemaud said:

I also had two cesareans, but for some reason both times I was given spinal block anesthesia, not epidurals. Both times, I had a horrendous "spinal headache" afterwards and was more than willing to hand my babies over to the maternity nurses. These were also the days before the baby stayed in the room with you, so I was able to get more rest than new mothers do now. 

I had an episiotomy with my first...those stiches felt like they went halfway up my back, it was painful to sit, stand, lean...birthing is tough anyway you do it.

• Love 3

Please forgive me if this has been addressed previously as I couldn't locate it, but what's the deal with Hannah's bio mom/Armando's ex-wife?

ETA - sorry, I googled. She passed in a car accident. Oh, poor little Hannah. 

Edited by lightninggirl
  • Love 1

As an animal lover I am afraid for dogs on reality shows.  It's bad enough with the 600 pounders and their wee doggies.. These poor things never see a blade of grass because they never go out for walks.  They sit expectantly waiting for a dropped crumb of pizza. Never happens of course.  And we must pray the 600Pounder doesn't  plop down and squash the poor thing. 

And now another wee doggie might be in peril.   Wild, undomesticated child, dimwitted, childish parents. 

I hope it survives. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, lightninggirl said:

Please forgive me if this has been addressed previously as I couldn't locate it, but what's the deal with Hannah's bio mom/Armando's ex-wife?

ETA - sorry, I googled. She passed in a car accident. Oh, poor little Hannah. 

While chasing after Armando.  Telenovela.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Considering what's happening IRL with some of these couples (*cough* Deavan) I have zero shits to give about their storylines. 

Deavan is just so damn melodramatic - about everything.  She returns to Korea, discovers that - shocker! - Jihoon has lied to her again, and moans, "I feel like I just ruined my life."  Ummm, hyperbolic, much?  And in the previews for next week, Deavan (whose entire relationship so far has consisted of one big fight about money, but  hey, no reason to start making good life choices now) is trying to plan a second wedding, but apparently can't get Jihoon on board with her grand vision.  So, with a facial expression you'd expect from say, someone who has just experienced the most horrible of human atrocities, 17 times in a row, she whines that "Jihoon knew how special a wedding was for me.  It just feels like my childhood dream is just, like, destroyed."

And her mother is just as bad.  Two stupid, stupid drama queens who are finding out that after you've cried "wolf" 1000 times, nobody believes you anymore - nor gives a flying fuck.  Sadly, Drascilla and Taeyang are innocent in all of this, but are nonetheless going to enter adulthood at a significant disadvantage thanks to Deavan.

• Love 12
On 10/18/2020 at 7:31 PM, mamadrama said:

I guess I'm alone in being on Ari's side in this. I've had 3 children and got emotional every single time. Pregnancy hormones, combined with delivery hormones (yes, they're different), and being in a foreign place without any friends or family (the "love of my life" didn't count-I wanted my mommy) is hard. Knowing what is going to happen, even being prepared for it, is not the same thing as actually going through it. There is really no way for first time mothers to be prepared for delivery. I went to birthing classes, watched all the YouTube videos, read the books...I STILL had an "oh shit, get me outta here NOW" moment during delivery. Went through my first pregnancy in a country that's really not that much different from the US, had my husband and In-laws there, but it was still scary. Whether you're in a but or an immaculate modern hospital, delivery is scary. It's one of the main reasons why biology almost immediately wipes our muscle memory of it. 

Not only was Ari getting ready to have an emergency C-section, but she'd just been told that her amniotic fluid was low and that it wasn't safe for the baby. That's tough to hear in its own right. Nobody wants to hear their baby could be in jeopardy.

I'm not a fan of Ariella. I don't like her. I don't think she's in love with Bini and I think she's only in Ethiopia because she thought someone would call her bluff. There was nothing wrong with her being upset, though. The real problem was that during her freakout the doctor couldn't do his job, but he was able to work around that and do general anesthesia instead. Her freaking out and not letting them do the spinal wasn't GOOD, but it's not like she's proven to be an emotionally healthy individual so far so it wasn't surprising. I think a lot of our opinions come from us just not liking her to begin with. If it were someone we liked...wait, IS there someone we like? 

I also sobbed at the emergency birth of my second son. I didn't care whether it was a "good look" or not. The last thing most of us care about during delivery is how we appear to strangers. They were literally pulling my daughter out of my stomach when I felt the pressure and started saying, "Nope! I don't wanna do it!" And I was 30.

I think someone posted before you that they empathized with Ari. I get that she was afraid but when doctors tell you that you have to have an emergency C-section today because the baby is in danger and you tell the doctors that you don't want to say okay and that you are not ready and thus delay their actions seems counterproductive. I don't get all the bickering over the name. Bini does not want Aviel and she does not want Gabriel. So toss those two and figure it out. Stop saying, "I want Aviel..." as if saying a hundred times is going to change Bini's mind. Just go with Simba and be done with it... 

On 10/19/2020 at 12:39 AM, TrininisaScorp said:

Speaking of couples slumming in mediocrity after a vacation hook up baby...Deavan and Jihoon are such a dysfunctional clusterfuck.  He is annoying and feckless, but she whines about everything.  You know what's smart to add to your messy ass house with a toddler and a small monster of a child?  A fucking puppy.  Jesus Christ.  What a mess they are!  The epitome of this is the rug scene.  So, he thinks the rug should be washed, but he certainly isn't going to do it, and she seems confused at the idea of cleaning a basic household furnishing, so she does it in the most half asses, ineffective way possible.  Nice.   Who is paying for the wedding?!  Libby's dad?

I wanted to weep when I saw that poor puppy near Godzilla. I belong to some local Facebook freecycle type groups and there are people there who post that they haven't got a pot to piss in when they request a set of dishes or whatever and then turn around not much later and say, "We're looking for a puppy/kitten for the kids, so if anyone has any leads..." No thought to the cost of vet visits, food, treats, toys, it's just something to add when they have no money. Makes me sad. One lady put up a picture of her new cat that she was all proud of and the cat was in a room with a window sill with several plants that are poisonous to cats. People were freaking out a bit and telling her and her attitude was like, "Oh, plants can be poisonous to pets?" Clueless people. 

Was SO happy for no Jenny/Sumit this week so less fast forwarding. I did FF past Melzya and Biff though. 

Deavan turned into a different person every time the talking head changed. I don't understand people. She looked fine before and to me looks awful now. It's insane: I want to look better so I'm gonna spend all kinds of money on stuff that's going to make me look worse. It looked to me like she had braces on her teeth but it was hard to tell. 

Kenny is too high maintenance and self-centered. The one thing about dating someone that is a lot older than you are is that the older person in the relationship sometimes feels like they have more wisdom and that tends to piss the younger one off. If Kenny is all about the "I raised kids to adulthood so I know everything," there will be some fireworks there. I hope the people who say they think he can speak Spanish and we are being played is true. It'd be a shame for Hannah to try to communicate with him and if Armando is not there, that will be difficult. 

I can't stand the sight of Brittany and just have so much sadness for Yazan and what he has gotten himself into. 

• Love 6

I agree with everyone.  Another dog is an awful idea, and I'd bet Jihoon's parents thought they were "saving" Jihoon's dog from a life of torture at Drascilla's hands and neglect from everyone else.  I can't tell how big that dog is going to get by that apartment is TINY, messy, they have two small children and one of them is working part time.  Devan is constantly teetering on panic and always looks overwhelmed by life.  Why would you add a puppy to that?  One you can't afford and will refuse to train.  Devan had a child she refuses to discipline, why would anyone trust her to raise a dog?  So then, the dog will also be a menace and he already seems like he might be a chewer.  Devan is one of those people who will insist "HE IS FRIENDLY, DON'T WORRY!!" while her unleashed dog launches at someone else with teeth snapping.  

On 10/19/2020 at 5:58 AM, Kid said:

Oh, you just wait for the Elicia dramatics if that happens.  It will be all Jihoon's fault and innocent Drascilla had nothing to do with it.  

• Love 7

Oh, oh, oh-I just thought of this: Deaven and her mom are anti-vaccers.  Therefore, Deaven probably won't get the required shots for the puppy which will endanger the dog as well as anybody or animal it may bite (which in my mind is VERY likely as it will try to defend itself against Druscilla...).

Does anyone know if it is  written in the contract that a participant MUST allow filming at any time (like when a mother-to-be is in sheer panic because she learns she is about to give birth through an emergency C section)? I guess my observation here is that Ari should have been able to tell the camera people to leave. (Or at the very least, Bini should have done that.) The only 2 reasons I can think of that it didn't happen was either they were contractually obligated to allow filming, or they wanted the filming to continue. 

• Love 5