Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E16: The Consequences Of Truth

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, SabineElisabeth said:

Deavan is just so damn melodramatic - about everything.  She returns to Korea, discovers that - shocker! - Jihoon has lied to her again, and moans, "I feel like I just ruined my life."  Ummm, hyperbolic, much?  And in the previews for next week, Deavan (whose entire relationship so far has consisted of one big fight about money, but  hey, no reason to start making good life choices now) is trying to plan a second wedding, but apparently can't get Jihoon on board with her grand vision.  So, with a facial expression you'd expect from say, someone who has just experienced the most horrible of human atrocities, 17 times in a row, she whines that "Jihoon knew how special a wedding was for me.  It just feels like my childhood dream is just, like, destroyed."

And her mother is just as bad.  Two stupid, stupid drama queens who are finding out that after you've cried "wolf" 1000 times, nobody believes you anymore - nor gives a flying fuck.  Sadly, Drascilla and Taeyang are innocent in all of this, but are nonetheless going to enter adulthood at a significant disadvantage thanks to Deavan.

Devan needs to come sit my me and I will tell her of my sister's close friend who lost her parents and her son IN A WEEK.  Grandpa and grandson were in a car accident, both died, and Gramma dies of cancer a few days later. So.....not to make it a contest but the fact you may not get a THIRD wedding to this loser is not "being destroyed."  

2 hours ago, RealReality said:

Why would you add a puppy to that?  One you can't afford and will refuse to train. 

I am a dog lover and untrained dogs are THE WORST and the owners that laugh at the antics are more worse.  Once,a relative's dog jumped on the table and ate half the food for a gathering before anyone could get to it.  They laughed, I was like, "dude I was hungry.  TRAIN YOUR DOG!"

The puppy was a terrible idea.  "What?  We can't crate train her!  That is cruel!"  No it isn't - look it up.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 9
On 10/19/2020 at 9:54 AM, Persnickety1 said:

Well, there was not a dry eye at Casa Persnickety when Father Armando came rolling up in his red VW.  

Casa Persnickety!!  Casa Persnickety!!  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Thank you for the tear-drawing laugh!!  I needed that.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 10/19/2020 at 12:39 AM, TrininisaScorp said:

I'm so glad many of you are as irritated as I am about Baby's ridiculous (IMO) opinions about childbirth methods equating to the love a mother has for their kid.  That shit is cray!  Here is the messed up thing, though:  This isn't some random belief that Afro Christians have.  That belief probably has more origins as an import from the US.  A couple of people from my high school are born again Christians (different denominations, but protestants) who believe in being quiverful (creating an army for Christ through LOTS of kids), and they have mentioned trying to ensure Satan/damn doctors don't interfere with the birth plans.  These birth plans are very specific in that there are no c sections b/c the mother must suffer (I've heard all manner of things...for the original sin, to sacrifice for a healthy baby, etc) to be most right with their God.  I do not begrudge people their beliefs, but DAMN is that awful convenient way to once again screw and own women's bodies.  My heathen ass really struggles with the concept.  Also?  Fuck off, Binyam.  Poor lil Simba isn't going to have a moment's peace with these two pain in the asses b/c neither parent is a prize.  Ariella made a choice to have this baby in Ethiopia and now has to live with those consequences.  **shrug**

Speaking of couples slumming in mediocrity after a vacation hook up baby...Deavan and Jihoon are such a dysfunctional clusterfuck.  He is annoying and feckless, but she whines about everything.  You know what's smart to add to your messy ass house with a toddler and a small monster of a child?  A fucking puppy.  Jesus Christ.  What a mess they are!  The epitome of this is the rug scene.  So, he thinks the rug should be washed, but he certainly isn't going to do it, and she seems confused at the idea of cleaning a basic household furnishing, so she does it in the most half asses, ineffective way possible.  Nice.   Who is paying for the wedding?!  Libby's dad?

Yazan looks so rough!  Omg!  Meanwhile, Brittany is living it up in Chicago.  Yazan, run, fast and far from this girl.  

Armando and Kenny continue to be lovely and on a totally different, significantly better tv program.  Hannah is so cute!  My heart broke for splitting apart.  Small consolation:  I was about Hannah's age when we moved from Trinidad to America.  It was hard going from having 20+ first cousins around at any time, and tons of aunts/uncles/extended family to just mom/dad/I here in the States.  It was tough, but my parent moved to give me better and I had them and the New Kids on the Block.  Kids are resilient.  I ended up just fine, and so will Hannah. 

Meyleza and Cheesestick should not be together.  They seem to live to hurt each other with petty bullshit.  At the risk of falling into Friends territory, "we were on a break" doesn't cut it here.  They both kinda did something fucked up (but I think Cheesestick was worse).  Either learn to forgive and move on or break up.  The middling choice of staying together and strewing is tiresome. 

Hi there fellow Trini. I wanted to reach through the television and give Baby a back hand slap. I don't know who taught him that nonsense about childbirth. I'm a Born again Christian and I've never heard the nonsense your high school friends were talking about.  Maybe it's because my pastor has common sense.

My problem with Kenny is that he thinks it's all about him. Who moves to a Spanish speaking country and doesn't attempt to at least learn a few sentences? Plus he's constantly pressuring Armando for pda or to just conform to his norms. He fails to realize that his cultural norms are not Armando's.

The rest of these couples are ridiculous. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

am a dog lover and untrained dogs are THE WORST and the owners that laugh at the antics are more worse.  Once,a relative's dog jumped on the table and ate half the food for a gathering before anyone could get to it.  They laughed, I was like, "dude I was hungry.  TRAIN YOUR DOG!"

The puppy was a terrible idea.  "What?  We can't crate train her!  That is cruel!"  No it isn't - look it up.

I had not even thought of that aspect of it. You are absolutely right.

• Love 4

I'm in my mid-50s and lost my mom last year. She was my world, and never once did she make me feel bad about my weight, why I couldn't find a man, or ever ask me about giving her grandchildren. She was the best at giving advice because she never inserted her own agenda into it. She considered only who she knew me to be and what would be better for ME. I loved taking my annual vacation with her, and we usually did road trips. In later years, we became more like equals and she would also seek out my advice, and knew that she could lean on me, too, when she needed.

In early March, I went in for hernia surgery but ended up back there less than two weeks later with a serious MRSA infection. My incision had to be opened up again, and I dealt with daily invasive debridement for over a week, which required general anesthesia each time. In the last four years, due to several deaths of loved ones, medical emergencies, three surgeries (and complications after every one) I've discovered how much stronger I am than I thought, and that was especially true with the loss of my mom, which I always frankly thought would be the one thing that would irreparably break me. No one was more surprised than I was to discover I was even stronger that that. However, even if there hadn't already been a ban on visitors--the first case of COVID in our state had been discovered at the hospital I was at--and my aunt had been able to come up and be with me, at times my strength was not nearly enough to overcome the fear and pain I went through. I completely identified with Ari, who I don't even like! There were times when I was very tired and everything became overwhelming, I was so scared and felt all alone, and kept repeating "I want my mom!" I was completely incapable of stopping my sobbing during those moments. I teared up watching Ari because I understood exactly where she was mentally and emotionally at that point. Her mom may be alive but without her there it wasn't all that different. Even if my mom had been, the advanced physical effects of Parkinson's would have kept her from being up here with me, and I would still have felt the way I did. It's making me cry just remembering it.  

Obviously, grief counseling is working SO well, hahaha. 😬

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 9

I enjoy reading everyone's thoughts about the shows maybe more than actually sitting through two hours of watching them. There is something that I guess I don't agree with, though, and it seems to be a popular stomping ground. This would be how everyone started out dreamy-eyed over Kenny and now he is everyone's favorite punching bag.

First, give it a rest already with Kenny not speaking Spanish fluently. He's been in Mexico for TWO WEEKS, for god's sake. It's not like him and Armando ever needed a translator app; Armando speaks perfect English. This man made a difficult and life changing choice to give up what appeared to be a great life and family in Florida to follow his heart and take a chance on true love. This is not an easy thing for a fifty nine year old person to do. But ever since he arrived in Mexico he apparently can do nothing right.

Second, it is true that Kenny is much older than Armando, but I don't see this relentless controlling that everyone is harping about. Even on the way to meet the family, I saw them discussing things in the car, but basically, Kenny gave his opinion and then left it alone. Armando seems to be a pretty intelligent young man, and, in my eyes, he seemed to make his big engagement announcement all on his own, even surprising Kenny. And it was Armando who kept egging on his mother about attending his big wedding, even when it was perfectly obvious she had given him about all she had for the moment. Let her breathe for a minute before she has to gear up for the wedding.

Basically, acting kind of ignorant is a two way street; Americans and their foreign counterparts. Bini thinks his wife hasn't suffered enough in childbirth.  In Nigeria, apparently women eligible for senior discounts are still considered viable baby makers for a young husband. Yazan is besotted with a big behind, and thinks the behind is going to cover up and pray five times a day in the name of love. The list goes on.

It's just funny because we're all in front of a computer screen, not in front of a tv audience. So everyone says Jenny, Lisa, Angela, etc. look awful and "I'm their age and I'm always mistaken for someone twenty years younger." Uh, sure. And if I was moving to Mexico, the Middle East, Korea, I would know the language when I stepped off the plane and nothing about their way of life would surprise me or maybe even make me a bit uncomfortable, because I Googled before I came. We are in a pretty good country, where with hard work and perseverence, a person could run a thriving business for thirty years without being able to put a sentence together in English, so let's keep it real.

• Love 3

My favorite part of this episode was when Ariela was saying that she and Bini have to think long and hard about what to call their son because he will have that name for all his life.  And in the next breath, she says, "Let's call him Aviela!"  Yeah, like that's not going to get him beat up in school!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

I'm in my mid-50s and lost my mom last year. She was my world, and never once did she make me feel bad about my weight, why I couldn't find a man, or ever ask me about giving her grandchildren. She was the best at giving advice because she never inserted her own agenda into it. She considered only who she knew me to be and what would be better for ME. I loved taking my annual vacation with her, and we usually did road trips. In later years, we became more like equals and she would also seek out my advice, and knew that she could lean on me, too, when she needed.

In early March, I went in for hernia surgery but ended up back there less than two weeks later with a serious MRSA infection. My incision had to be opened up again, and I dealt with daily invasive debridement for over a week, which required general anesthesia each time. In the last four years, due to several deaths of loved ones, medical emergencies, three surgeries (and complications after every one) I've discovered how much stronger I am than I thought, and that was especially true with the loss of my mom, which I always frankly thought would be the one thing that would irreparably break me. No one was more surprised than I was to discover I was even stronger that that. However, even if there hadn't already been a ban on visitors--the first case of COVID in our state had been discovered at the hospital I was at--and my aunt had been able to come up and be with me, at times my strength was not nearly enough to overcome the fear and pain I went through. I completely identified with Ari, who I don't even like! There were times when I was very tired and everything became overwhelming, I was so scared and felt all alone, and kept repeating "I want my mom!" I was completely incapable of stopping my sobbing during those moments. I teared up watching Ari because I understood exactly where she was mentally and emotionally at that point. Her mom may be alive but without her there it wasn't all that different. Even if my mom had been, the advanced physical effects of Parkinson's would have kept her from being up here with me, and I would still have felt the way I did. It's making me cry just remembering it.  

So sorry.  It's cliche, but its like on the one hand it fucking sucks to miss your mom, but on the other hand, how amazing to have such a dear bond with your mother that you'd miss her this much.  

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, HerkyJerky said:

My favorite part of this episode was when Ariela was saying that she and Bini have to think long and hard about what to call their son because he will have that name for all his life.  And in the next breath, she says, "Let's call him Aviela!"  Yeah, like that's not going to get him beat up in school!

I don't think Gabe or Avi are particularly horrible or amazing nicknames.  They are about the same to me, with Gabe having the edge because I think its the only natural nickname for Gabriel....people may not shorten Aviel to Avi naturally or at all.....  Anyways, they should both just dump their preferred names and come up with something else.  I think Ari wants a Jewish name and Bini wants a biblical name.  

Just start scouring the Old Testament for inspiration.  Or the first five books, right?

• Love 5
11 hours ago, lilysmom said:

Does anyone know if it is  written in the contract that a participant MUST allow filming at any time (like when a mother-to-be is in sheer panic because she learns she is about to give birth through an emergency C section)? I guess my observation here is that Ari should have been able to tell the camera people to leave. (Or at the very least, Bini should have done that.) The only 2 reasons I can think of that it didn't happen was either they were contractually obligated to allow filming, or they wanted the filming to continue. 

I WISH I'd had all of mine filmed. At the time I was like "ugh" but a decade later I've forgotten a lot of what happened. Ari knew they'd be filming her delivery when she signed up for the show. I thought the birth scenes that the show has filmed so far (Olga, Emily, Karine, etc) have been very respectful and tastefully done. I've been happy to see that they don't shy away from topics that are still not that talked about in public-miscarriages, emergency deliveries, etc. 

• Love 1

I guess I’m just hard-hearted, because I felt zero sympathy for Ariela.  My mother died weeks after my 15th birthday.  My dad remarried ASAP, and the crap our stepmother put us through stings to this day.  I married my first boyfriend, an abusive, cold, controlling jerk, (and at that, he was several steps up from my father and stepmother!) at the age of 18, primarily to get out of that house.  (I was also halfway through a pregnancy, and he was facing heavy pressure to “man up” and marry me.)  When I gave birth a few months later, he didn’t want to be anywhere near the delivery room, but I won that argument.  The doctor gave me an episiotomy without anesthesia, and stitched me up without any, either.  I was 19 years old, crying and literally screaming in pain (so my ex said), but he turned his back and walked away from me because I was “hysterical”.  When I told him later what had happened and how upset I was that he walked away, he snapped that I was lucky he was there at all, since the film during our Lamaze class made him pass out.

So, no, Ariela, I don’t give a shit that your delivery in Ethiopia had to be moved up for the safety of your child, causing your Mom to not be able to be there for you. Maybe you should have had your baby in America, or had your mother come back sooner, or, oh, I don’t know, been grateful for Biniyam being there with you and for you.  Entitled little princess.

• Love 14

Boy Melyza was working really hard in her talking heads trying to push out a couple tears and convince us she feels bad for Tim hurting.

Your are saying you care, but your monotone speech and emotionless face is screaming I don't give a fuck.

Disclaimer:Again I don't condone cheating.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, RealReality said:

So sorry.  It's cliche, but its like on the one hand it fucking sucks to miss your mom, but on the other hand, how amazing to have such a dear bond with your mother that you'd miss her this much.  

Mine was straight out of Mommy Dearest and there was no situation she could not make worse. So I agree with your comment completely!

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Marmiarmo said:

So, no, Ariela, I don’t give a shit that your delivery in Ethiopia had to be moved up for the safety of your child, causing your Mom to not be able to be there for you. Maybe you should have had your baby in America, or had your mother come back sooner, or, oh, I don’t know, been grateful for Biniyam being there with you and for you.  Entitled little princess.

Me neither.  I think she was angling on getting out of there and flying home to NJ for the birth but oopsies, that darn fluid is preventing that plan from hatching.  Plus she IS entitled so that never helps.  

7 hours ago, RealReality said:

I don't think Gabe or Avi are particularly horrible or amazing nicknames.  They are about the same to me, with Gabe having the edge because I think its the only natural nickname for Gabriel

I don't see why they could not have gone with Gabriel and asked people to call him Gabriel, not Gabe.  My younger son has a name, say like Christopher, and we have asked people to call him by his formal name, not a nickname.  Everyone complied except for first Mother in Law who insisted on calling him by a nickname.  Then he would not ever respond to her, lol, not because he was rude, but "That is not my name!"  LOL!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, RealReality said:

I don't think Gabe or Avi are particularly horrible or amazing nicknames.  They are about the same to me, with Gabe having the edge because I think its the only natural nickname for Gabriel....people may not shorten Aviel to Avi naturally or at all.....  Anyways, they should both just dump their preferred names and come up with something else.  I think Ari wants a Jewish name and Bini wants a biblical name.  

Just start scouring the Old Testament for inspiration.  Or the first five books, right?

Maybe it's the crowd I've run with and also my age, but I know a TON of Avis in the States and Canada. I also dated a few Avis and my friends had to number them Avi1, Avi2.5, etc. It took me a few years as a kid before I knew what the full name of Avi (Aviel) was.

I agree with you - they just need to hit the Pentateuch/Old Testament/Torah, and BAM. Names aplenty.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, spunky said:

He fails to realize that his cultural norms are not Armando's.

That's true of way too many on this show.  Jenny saying Summit should just do what he wants and ignore his culture and family, Brittney having no clue about life in Jordan, and so on and so on.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, lh25 said:

That's true of way too many on this show.  Jenny saying Summit should just do what he wants and ignore his culture and family, Brittney having no clue about life in Jordan, and so on and so on.

It's like none of them do any research before moving to a different country. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Marmiarmo said:

I guess I’m just hard-hearted, because I felt zero sympathy for Ariela.  My mother died weeks after my 15th birthday.  My dad remarried ASAP, and the crap our stepmother put us through stings to this day.  I married my first boyfriend, an abusive, cold, controlling jerk, (and at that, he was several steps up from my father and stepmother!) at the age of 18, primarily to get out of that house.  (I was also halfway through a pregnancy, and he was facing heavy pressure to “man up” and marry me.)  When I gave birth a few months later, he didn’t want to be anywhere near the delivery room, but I won that argument.  The doctor gave me an episiotomy without anesthesia, and stitched me up without any, either.  I was 19 years old, crying and literally screaming in pain (so my ex said), but he turned his back and walked away from me because I was “hysterical”.  When I told him later what had happened and how upset I was that he walked away, he snapped that I was lucky he was there at all, since the film during our Lamaze class made him pass out.

Sit with me! I don't think you are hard hearted at all. We are all products of our experiences. I cannot relate at all to people that had good relationships with their parents and know that they cannot relate at all to my experience. My parents were authoritarian, never showed any affection, were cold and you never talked back. Ever. Playing board games with your kids? Having a birthday party? Going on a road trip and singing in the car? Baking during the holidays? Oh boy, that was only on television.

I smile when I read and hear people say how they put their parents through hell when they were teens and "fought" and "argued" with their parents. If I did that even once, I would not be typing this today because I would have been dead. Injuries, illness, etc. did not evoke sympathy at all. It was all about "suck it up." That's why I did not feel very much for Ari except, suck it up, this is an emergency situation. My husband was the only person that I ever felt truly cared about me at the deepest level. I'd want him there because that was my experience with people who care.

I get that Ari's relationship with her mother made her want her to be there, but if you know that that is physically impossible, stop slobbering over the impossible and get on with it.  If your house was on fire, would you sit in the middle of a smoke filled living room coughing saying, "I want my mommy," or would you get the hell out of there?

• Love 12
39 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

Sit with me! I don't think you are hard hearted at all. We are all products of our experiences. I cannot relate at all to people that had good relationships with their parents and know that they cannot relate at all to my experience. My parents were authoritarian, never showed any affection, were cold and you never talked back. Ever. Playing board games with your kids? Having a birthday party? Going on a road trip and singing in the car? Baking during the holidays? Oh boy, that was only on television.

I smile when I read and hear people say how they put their parents through hell when they were teens and "fought" and "argued" with their parents. If I did that even once, I would not be typing this today because I would have been dead. Injuries, illness, etc. did not evoke sympathy at all. It was all about "suck it up." That's why I did not feel very much for Ari except, suck it up, this is an emergency situation. My husband was the only person that I ever felt truly cared about me at the deepest level. I'd want him there because that was my experience with people who care.

I get that Ari's relationship with her mother made her want her to be there, but if you know that that is physically impossible, stop slobbering over the impossible and get on with it.  If your house was on fire, would you sit in the middle of a smoke filled living room coughing saying, "I want my mommy," or would you get the hell out of there?

I’m sorry to hear that about your upbringing.  When I was a kid all of the parents of my friends had highly dysfunctional marriages and/or were mean or aloof to their kids so I wondered why anyone wanted to be married or have kids.  It seemed like hell.  So I think family dysfunction is pretty common, just some people hide it better.  It didn’t help that you had saccharine families on tv as comparators.  As an adult I have observed some healthy marriages and loving parents so it is possible.  

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

I smile when I read and hear people say how they put their parents through hell when they were teens and "fought" and "argued" with their parents. If I did that even once, I would not be typing this today because I would have been dead. Injuries, illness, etc. did not evoke sympathy at all. It was all about "suck it up." 

Make room on the couch for me.  I once broke my toe at home (12 years old) during a blizzard, and there was no possibility of getting out for medical treatment.  My female birth vessel actually forbade me to LIMP or go down the stairs on my backside (stairs with a broken toe are excruciating).  

I actually enjoy seeing people with close HEALTHY relationships with their parents/families.  We just don't see a lot of that on these shows.  If the parents aren't unaccepting, overbearing or otherwise unhealthily involved in the lives of their adult children, we hardly see them.

Edited by AZChristian
Clarity
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I don't see why they could not have gone with Gabriel and asked people to call him Gabriel, not Gabe. 

Or used the more "exotic" pronunciation with the short "a" which practically rhymes with "Aviel" so it would be a great COMPROMISE

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, spunky said:

It's like none of them do any research before moving to a different country. 

Thank you!!!!  I married a Jordanian that met in college. We were married When he started his Phd and I started my masters degree.  We were married for four years. When I learned what I gotten myself into, I got myself a divorce. He was going back, he was not staying here. And had I gone back with him, his expectations would have adapted to his culture.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 8
28 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

Ari will wait until Bunion is at work doing choreography/rapping/physical trainer/playing butt bongos and catch a plane home to mommy. And I'm not mad at her!

What’s the expression?  Jack of all trades, master of none?  The dancing certainly supports that.  And based on the purchases of the baby bed and bath, he would suck as a personal shopper as well.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

Ari will wait until Bunion is at work doing choreography/rapping/physical trainer/playing butt bongos and catch a plane home to mommy. And I'm not mad at her!

Bini probably wouldn't be either.  LOL.

• LOL 6
23 hours ago, Kid said:
On 10/19/2020 at 10:54 AM, Persnickety1 said:

Well, there was not a dry eye at Casa Persnickety when Father Armando came rolling up in his red VW.  

Casa Persnickety!!  Casa Persnickety!!  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Thank you for the tear-drawing laugh!!  I needed that.

"Casa Persnickety."

Kenny would hear this and look to Armando for a translation. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

Boy Melyza was working really hard in her talking heads trying to push out a couple tears and convince us she feels bad for Tim hurting.

Your are saying you care, but your monotone speech and emotionless face is screaming I don't give a fuck.

Disclaimer:Again I don't condone cheating.

I'm kinda over Melyza at this point.  I certainly stopped seeing her as a wronged victim.  Yeah, he cheated, it sucks, but she clearly never had any intention of forgiving him and instead is exacting her revenge.  Therefore, to me, they are pretty much equal.

I don't hate Cheesedick as much as everyone else, but I think he is a lying liar who lies because lying is easier.  I think he absolutely kept sleeping with the girl at work, but furiously tried to figure out how much anyone could actually prove.  He clearly likes the girl at work if he has been "flirting" with her and she likes him if she has been "flirting" back.  Meylza is a beautiful young woman, and I think the big reveal will be who her "other person" is.  I think there is a small chance its another woman.  

1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Or used the more "exotic" pronunciation with the short "a" which practically rhymes with "Aviel" so it would be a great COMPROMISE

Gavriel.  BOOM.  Problem solved. 

• Love 13
6 hours ago, RealReality said:

I'm kinda over Melyza at this point.  I certainly stopped seeing her as a wronged victim.  Yeah, he cheated, it sucks, but she clearly never had any intention of forgiving him and instead is exacting her revenge.  Therefore, to me, they are pretty much equal.

I don't hate Cheesedick as much as everyone else, but I think he is a lying liar who lies because lying is easier.  I think he absolutely kept sleeping with the girl at work, but furiously tried to figure out how much anyone could actually prove.  He clearly likes the girl at work if he has been "flirting" with her and she likes him if she has been "flirting" back.  Meylza is a beautiful young woman, and I think the big reveal will be who her "other person" is.  I think there is a small chance its another woman.  

Gavriel.  BOOM.  Problem solved. 

I am 99% sure Melyza was with a guy. She was very vague about pronouns and I considered she’d been with a woman, but I *think* last episode she said “he” or “guy” once when she was explaining to her brother and friend.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, hoosiermommy said:

I am 99% sure Melyza was with a guy. She was very vague about pronouns and I considered she’d been with a woman, but I *think* last episode she said “he” or “guy” once when she was explaining to her brother and friend.

I remembered that too, but I couldn't remember if Melyza had said it or if someone else had used a male pronoun.  I'm pretty sure I'm wrong, but what a reveal if I'm right!

• Love 1
On 10/20/2020 at 11:41 AM, SabineElisabeth said:

Deavan is just so damn melodramatic - about everything.  She returns to Korea, discovers that - shocker! - Jihoon has lied to her again, and moans, "I feel like I just ruined my life."  Ummm, hyperbolic, much?  And in the previews for next week, Deavan (whose entire relationship so far has consisted of one big fight about money, but  hey, no reason to start making good life choices now) is trying to plan a second wedding, but apparently can't get Jihoon on board with her grand vision.  So, with a facial expression you'd expect from say, someone who has just experienced the most horrible of human atrocities, 17 times in a row, she whines that "Jihoon knew how special a wedding was for me.  It just feels like my childhood dream is just, like, destroyed."

And her mother is just as bad.  Two stupid, stupid drama queens who are finding out that after you've cried "wolf" 1000 times, nobody believes you anymore - nor gives a flying fuck.  Sadly, Drascilla and Taeyang are innocent in all of this, but are nonetheless going to enter adulthood at a significant disadvantage thanks to Deavan.

I'm also stunned to learn that Deavan now expects a huge wedding. The whole time she's been on the show she has basically been lamenting her marriage and Jihoon and not said one word about weddings since she had the initial one. (Unless I've forgotten.) So seeing that, broke as they are, she's feeling all this angst about a big splashy wedding has come as a surprise. The only thing unsurprising is that it's once again, all about her.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, renatae said:

I'm also stunned to learn that Deavan now expects a huge wedding. The whole time she's been on the show she has basically been lamenting her marriage and Jihoon and not said one word about weddings since she had the initial one. (Unless I've forgotten.) So seeing that, broke as they are, she's feeling all this angst about a big splashy wedding has come as a surprise. The only thing unsurprising is that it's once again, all about her.

Production stunt.  They're running out of storylines.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Kath94 said:

Production stunt.  They're running out of storylines.

Agreed, this has the stink of production all over it.  

Have we ever heard Devan talk about this Disney dream wedding?  And why the hell would she want it in Korea instead of the US if its all about having her friends and family there and Drascilla being a flower girl?

• Love 10

Kenny and Armando: I think they’ll be accepted. The mom was not 100% accepting at first because of the father, but once the father accepts them the mom will accept them 100% too and all the family. 

Deavan and Jihoon: I wasn’t really paying attention to them this week because obviously I’m very angry with them. But it amazes me how so many Americans are against waishing their asses with water. Anyways, the apartment was very nice. And Jihoon talking about his anal made me laugh 😂.

Ari and Baby Biniyam: Loved the baby and the name. But I think she will probably go back home at some point because she will get tired of Ethiopia pretty fast and miss her family. Plus Binyam will have to have a couple jobs to keep up and he won't be around her much.

Brittany and Yazan: I think Yazan should call it off with Brittany. She’s a selfish little girl who has no business dating a Muslim man. It’s clear she must become Muslim (rightly or wrongly) and she lacks the cultural experience to be willing to engage. An American that insists on proclaiming that her American culture MUST be respected in an ultra-conservative Muslim environment is both naive and (sadly), foolish. So, Yazan needs to man tf up and let her go because she will continue to string him along and play with him. 

• Love 12

I don't know what Deavan even wants? She married an uneducated shiftless loser who is quite content with his circumstances. I don't know what to tell you Deavan, some people spend their entire lives working as janitors and die penniless in shitty studio apartments, never once showing even any ambition at becoming even lead janitor because they don't want the responsibility.

Sorry, I think that is who you picked to have a child with and marry? You can't browbeat him into a middle management job at Samsung.

Edited by John M
  • Love 11
On 10/22/2020 at 7:27 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

Kenny and Armando: I think they’ll be accepted. The mom was not 100% accepting at first because of the father, but once the father accepts them the mom will accept them 100% too and all the family. 

Deavan and Jihoon: I wasn’t really paying attention to them this week because obviously I’m very angry with them. But it amazes me how so many Americans are against waishing their asses with water. Anyways, the apartment was very nice. And Jihoon talking about his anal made me laugh 😂.

Ari and Baby Biniyam: Loved the baby and the name. But I think she will probably go back home at some point because she will get tired of Ethiopia pretty fast and miss her family. Plus Binyam will have to have a couple jobs to keep up and he won't be around her much.

Brittany and Yazan: I think Yazan should call it off with Brittany. She’s a selfish little girl who has no business dating a Muslim man. It’s clear she must become Muslim (rightly or wrongly) and she lacks the cultural experience to be willing to engage. An American that insists on proclaiming that her American culture MUST be respected in an ultra-conservative Muslim environment is both naive and (sadly), foolish. So, Yazan needs to man tf up and let her go because she will continue to string him along and play with him. 

But then, too, have no problem using wet wipes...

Edited by readheaded
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

But it amazes me how so many Americans are against waishing their asses with water.

I know.  We got bidet attachments on our toilets right before the pandemic (good timing by accident!) and love them.  My aunt, who is pretty fastidious, was totally grossed out by the idea.  I don't get why.

13 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Totally agree.  He needs to cut it off before it's too late and he's burned all his bridges with his family.  And ends up with neither them or her.

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, nytonc said:

I seriously can’t stand Ari. She’s a spoiled little princess and I doubt she’ll be able to survive without Mommy flying in with supplies every other month. 

I’m not sure what she has to offer.  Not brains, certainly not looks, is totally self-absorbed.  Maybe Bini has a fetish and as long as you fit it the rest doesn’t matter.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I’m not sure what she has to offer.  Not brains, certainly not looks, is totally self-absorbed.  Maybe Bini has a fetish and as long as you fit it  wants that green card and access to his rich in-law's largesse so badly that the rest doesn’t matter.

FIFY.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 10/20/2020 at 5:47 PM, Scout Finch said:

I’m 49 and also lost my mom last year.  Like you, she and I were best friends.  I couldn't watch Ari crying for her mom...she is so lucky she still has one. I was crying too.  
I also don’t know how I am surviving without my mom, I thought for sure I would not be able to live after she died. 
I remember in the early days after her passing, I would just sob and say over and over “I just want my mom back please”

ugh tearing up even writing this. 
Ari gets a huge pass from me for wanting her mom.  

Edited by Meowwww
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I’m 49 and also lost my mom last year.  Like you, she and I were best friends.  I couldn't watch Ari crying for her mom...she is so lucky she still has one. I was crying too.  
I also don’t know how I am surviving without my mom, I thought for sure I would not be able to live after she died. 
I remember in the early days after her passing, I would just sob and say over and over “I just want my mom back please”

ugh tearing up even writing this. 
Ari gets a huge pass from me for wanting her mom.  

You can add me to knowing how you feel too.  I lost my mom when I was 44.  Not a day goes by that I don't tell her how much I miss her.  Life as I knew it ended for me that day, I'll never get over it.  Big hug @Meowwww

• Love 6
On 10/22/2020 at 6:27 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

See, I kind of hate this framing. Armando and Kenny get to decide if they accept Armondo's parents too. I have a very limited relationship with my father and his family because they won't acknowledge that I am married and took my husband's name. Doesn't keep me up at night.

At risk of sounding overly harsh, this is the reality of many of us in the queer community, it hurts, but there is marriage equality in Mexico and Armando is an adult that gets to choose his own life and family.

As Dan Savage often says, as queer adult children our only leverage over our adult parents is our presence, if our parents want to abandon us because of who we are, they can go fuck themselves, that is their choice, not ours. I really hate that the framing is what parents will or will not accept. No, whatever my father thinks, I am legally married and share a last name with my husband who I have as an autonomous adult, decided to build a life with, one that I am incredibly happy in. It's not my responsibility to get him to accept the truth, I'm not any less married because he disagrees with it.

edit: Also, I doubt that the grandparents have a custody arrangement with their granddaughter and they seem to love her quite a lot so if they wish to maintain that relationship with their grandchild I suggest they decide to treat their son's marriage with the respect that it deserves because they have made it clear that she will be raised with two dads and I assure you that Armando will not be choosing his parents homophobia over his daughter and his husband.

Edited by John M
  • Useful 3
  • Love 17
On 10/17/2020 at 10:13 AM, Mr. Miner said:

I hope at some point we get to see that smirk slapped off of Brittany’s face. 😡

YES. I can't stand that and the way that she, and some younger women today, end every word with "Uhhhh". Like "Hiiiiii_uhhhh", "Bye---uhhhh" "What are you doin_guhhh". Sigh. I sound old. LOL. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 10/18/2020 at 5:46 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Ari crying for her mother is understandable, why wouldn't she call her mother when they walked in the surgical suite to make her feel better, show the room on facetime get calmed down then get the spinal.

Having a baby is the easy part, I would be wanting my mother after the delivery...that is when the hard work begins. My babies are 27 and 31, they were both quick and somewhat easy deliveries, the next 18 years were what I should have been knocked out for, lol.

I was on active duty at the time of my pregnancy. Managed my pregnancy without Mama. Had an emergency Csection without Mama or my husband. Yanno what? It's all good. It's all in your attitude.

• Love 5
On 10/20/2020 at 5:47 PM, Scout Finch said:

I'm in my mid-50s and lost my mom last year. She was my world, and never once did she make me feel bad about my weight, why I couldn't find a man, or ever ask me about giving her grandchildren.

I am in my mid 50's as well, lost my mom in 2014 (my dad passed when I was 20 - THAT stung...hard) and Ihave to say she never hassled me about my weight either.  I am sorry for your loss.

As for Ari crying for her mom all the time:  My mom made it VERY clear that, no, I will not be in the delivery room.  This is between you and your hubby/boyfiriend/guy you are pregnant with.  Call me when it is over.  Heck, when my second son was born she was on a planned vacation!!!!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 2