Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E26: Head of Household #11, Nominations #11

• Start Topic

Nicole has to be feeling like she's read this book before... or at least having deja vu that she's again hiding behind the 'big guys' in the house. I hate that she is getting just what she wants but other people are doing it for her. There's no way she makes it this time though, these bros are too tight (yo) and they have Tyler eating out of their hands to be a 'spare bro' under glass just waiting to be activated. Ugh.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 6

Christmas is so hateful.  Why does she hate all the women in the house?

There's no way I could play that game and strip in front of the BB cameras.  It's disheartening that you have to be in as good shape to be on BB as you have to be on for like, The Bachelor.  So stupid.  

Too bad we didn't get to see Kaysar strip............ David would have been nice too.......

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Nicole is sooo entitled ! How dare anyone place a vote against her, queen of the world that she is ! 

I kind of feel bad for Tyler. He's made his mistakes but at least he's trying to stir up the game, but it's too late probably. As long as a member of the big alliance wins everything, there's not much he can do. I don't think he'll last much longer ( which isn't really venturing much since the game is nearly over 🙂

I have some relatives, younger kids like Cody ( young compared to me, anyway ) that talk that way, adding "like' in between every other word. I've been around it for a long time ; I'm use to it but it really is annoying ! I don't know when doing that started as a thing but, it's like, kind of dumb.

• Love 9

Yaaawn. That was a great nap. Big Brother 22: All Stars 2: 2 Big 2 Brother - the television equivalent of melatonin. 

(non-game spoiler but one for the feedsters)

Spoiler

And I don't even have to beg the Diary Room or whine like Franzel to get it!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I have to admit that I use the word like an unreasonable amount of the time.  And I’ve been doing it since 1987.

But if we are going to have a like counter for Cody, we need a yo counter for Enzo.

Nicole’s sense of entitlement is incredibly gross.  She looks foolish.

• Love 15

Was Nicole always this whiny and mopey?

I never said "like" a whole bunch, but my stock phrase was "you know." My first year in college, I spent a weekend with my aunt and uncle, and they broke me from it by constantly responding "No, I don't." Someone needs to constantly respond "Like what?" to Cody until he knocks it off.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

My sole observation on this episode: Michaelmas can fuck off and die.  IMHO if Enzo had ever had any actual inclination to vote out Frazzle, then Yule killed it with her indecisive hemming and hawing in the bathroom discussion - frankly, I thought she was on the verge of backing out of the plan - and her throwing of Tyler UTB was so ferociously violent as to warrant a charge of second degree murder.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, willco said:

As long as a member of the big alliance wins everything, there's not much [Tyler] can do.

Tyler is a member of the big alliance.

9 hours ago, mojoween said:

I have to admit that I use the word like an unreasonable amount of the time.  

I do as well but fucking hell I don't think even I use it as much as that idiot.

I forgot this ep would show stuff from the TE. Oh well, I'm sure it was just as boring as everything else about this season and I didn't miss much.

I've never liked Enzo this season (never saw his first season).  Even though his edit hasn't felt bad (getting jokes in the DR, us being told he's really liked) he still gives a bad impression with his ego and wearing those shades.  He is actually very shady and while that can be a valid game if played well it's very annoying to view when someone like that just gives an easy path to the biggest threat in the house (in this case Cody).  They both end up just floating by without much of a challenge.  It feels like he's playing for 2nd place. 

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, amazingracefan said:

I've never liked Enzo this season (never saw his first season).  Even though his edit hasn't felt bad (getting jokes in the DR, us being told he's really liked) he still gives a bad impression with his ego and wearing those shades.  He is actually very shady and while that can be a valid game if played well it's very annoying to view when someone like that just gives an easy path to the biggest threat in the house (in this case Cody).  They both end up just floating by without much of a challenge.  It feels like he's playing for 2nd place. 

That is Enzo and that is Enzo’s game.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, docmatt said:

But the strip yoga challenge was a fun new challenge, so there's that.

They've done this at least once before (not with this button set up but stilla times undressing setup) and iirc which I may not Tyler was involved.

Someone who remembers can fill in better details.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

They've done this at least once before (not with this button set up but stilla times undressing setup) and iirc which I may not Tyler was involved.

Someone who remembers can fill in better details.

Roadkill competition season 18 which I do remember, and apparently season 21 as well (Power of Veto - "Take It Off").  Frank likely took part in the first one, easy to confuse him with Tyler.

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

Chiming in from the shallow end of the pool... Watching Cody contort himself and strip off his clothes? Not at ALL unpleasant. 

Then the camera pans to grandpa Memphis out of breath with his hair all bedheaded. Barf! 

I fell asleep and missed the end of the show. Meh, no big deal. I wanna see the jury house segment. Fuck the snoozefest that is the BB house.

• LOL 4
27 minutes ago, amazingracefan said:

Roadkill competition season 18 which I do remember, and apparently season 21 as well (Power of Veto - "Take It Off").  Frank likely took part in the first one, easy to confuse him with Tyler.

Correct; the comp has been used 3 times to date, but each time with a different theme element such as this season’s yoga.  Watermelon Boy won it in S21, which IIRC required HGs to strip off a wetsuit while sitting astride a jetski to keep the buttons depressed.

More info: https://bigbrother.fandom.com/wiki/Take_It_Off

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Was Nicole always this whiny and mopey?

I never said "like" a whole bunch, but my stock phrase was "you know." My first year in college, I spent a weekend with my aunt and uncle, and they broke me from it by constantly responding "No, I don't." Someone needs to constantly respond "Like what?" to Cody until he knocks it off.

The whole 'like' stuff was because he had nothing to say and was trying to buy time to think up some more rubbish to say.  Christmas will have seen that as well, but you just have to go through this process even if you know you're going on the block I suppose. 

The episode felt like it didn't matter what happened with the veto, the nominations would seal the fate of one of them and that's all that mattered to those in charge.  The veto doesn't often change the game in BB.

Edited by amazingracefan
48 minutes ago, Lamima said:

Then the camera pans to grandpa Memphis out of breath with his hair all bedheaded. Barf! 

I fell asleep and missed the end of the show. Meh, no big deal. I wanna see the jury house segment. Fuck the snoozefest that is the BB house.

I didn't think Memphis looked bad at all. A little larger than the others, but not bad. He has nice hair and is handsome. The personality is another story. 😄

Tyler looked cool in the yoga outfit. It suited him. 

Has anyone told Cody his smacking while chewing is gross? It is. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Or Nicole say, "It's impor-ent to my geeeeme!" 

I live in the greater Detroit area.  She is north of us and in the "thumb".  The thumb is very different.  For vacationers with cabins, it's a great place to spend weekends.  For people born and raised there?  Yikes!!!!

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, amazingracefan said:

The veto doesn't often change the game in BB.

There have been 11 veto competitions this season. The veto winner has taken someone off the block exactly twice: Kevin taking himself off the block in Week 4, and Da'Vonne taking Kevin off the block in Week 6. The other 9 times, it was a big meh.

It meant more last season: out of 13 BB21 veto competitions, the winner used their power 8 times. I attribute the difference to the alliances being more "locked in" this season and the ruling alliance winning all of the HoH and most of the veto comps.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

I live in the greater Detroit area.  She is north of us and in the "thumb".  The thumb is very different.  For vacationers with cabins, it's a great place to spend weekends.  For people born and raised there?  Yikes!!!!

I've read this multiple times, trying to figure it out. Nicole lives in the "thumb" of Detroit? What is that exactly? It has cabins? Is it bad if you were born here? 

I'm not being snarky, just looking for a fun mystery to solve to distract me from the current news cycle. Usually BB strategy is a good distraction, but this season... you know. 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I've read this multiple times, trying to figure it out. Nicole lives in the "thumb" of Detroit? What is that exactly? It has cabins? Is it bad if you were born here? 

I can answer as a fellow Michigander.  (Yes, Cody, that is a thing).  Ubly (where Nic is from) is in the "thumb" area of Michigan, which is shaped like a mitten. Detroit is well south of the thumb area.  The thumb is surrounded by Lake Huron and there are many cabins around the shoreline and nearby areas.  There isn't much there except farms and water, so the people are different from those of us that live closer to the city.

MI.jpg

Edited by leocadia
photo/changed "glove" to "mitten" for accuracy ;-)
  • Useful 7
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, leocadia said:

The thumb is surrounded by Lake Huron and there are many cabins around the shoreline and nearby areas.  There isn't much there except farms and water, so the people are different from those of us that live closer to the city.

Interesting! Also, I realize I somehow had the idea (because I wasn't paying attention) that Ubly was out in the prairies somewhere, more like Kansas. I missed the Michigan part. But she's obviously way further north than I was picturing. 

Thanks for help in solving my mini-mystery. 😊

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

Here is a lower east side of the state.

untitled.png

From my house in Macomb County to Ubly is about 1.5 hours.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I am just looking for someone to shake up the game and I don't care who does it.

That’s the primary reason I’m rooting for Tyler to stay over Xmas.  Boxing Day will run her mouth day and night about all the Big Moves she’s going to make Real Soon Now - but between the two of them, Tyler is the only one likely to actually DO shit.

• Love 7

I never said "like" a whole bunch, but my stock phrase was "you know." My first year in college, I spent a weekend with my aunt and uncle, and they broke me from it by constantly responding "No, I don't." Someone needs to constantly respond "Like what?" to Cody until he knocks it off.

I had the same problem when I was a kid. I was mortified when my teacher pointed it out in front of the whole class one day but it broke me of the habit there and then. I hope Cody gets a chance to see this episode. It's a speech impediment. We tend to think of those as relating to a stammer or stutter but this is simply another form of one.

He is actually very shady and while that can be a valid game if played well it's very annoying to view when someone like that just gives an easy path to the biggest threat in the house (in this case Cody).  They both end up just floating by without much of a challenge.  It feels like he's playing for 2nd place. 

I really don't get Enzo, unless it's simply that he's dumb. He didn't want to vote out Nicole because it would have made Cody mad and Cody is his #1. But why? He's so laser focused on being in some sausage fest alliance he doesn't seem to see the big picture. Does he honestly think he can beat Cody if it's down to the two of them? This is exactly why he lost the last time he played this game. He rode an all-male alliance into the final four and was promptly dumped by them at that point because they were all better at comps than him. 

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Where are you at?

Clinton Township.  Boring old suburbs!  I was born in Detroit, but moved out here when I was two.  I did live in Hamtramck for part of my 20's, but eventually made it back to suburbia.  Where are you?

Just saw your pic...looks like you're in Macomb County too!  Small world!

Edited by leocadia
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I enjoyed last night's episode quite a bit.  We're finally getting some strategizing and people turning on each other, after 2 months of relative boredom.  it's hard to believe that I once rooted for all of these people in their previous seasons.  Since these were the creeps who kicked out Janelle and Kayser, they're all dead to me! lol

Was Tyler trying to "cry" in that one scene where he was talking about David getting voted out?  I couldn't tell if he was faking sadness or if he ate some bad tofu.  His future career is NOT in the acting profession!

Of the remaining 6, I hate to admit I'm starting to root for Cody.  He's definitely running the game, and I haven't heard anyone bring up his name for eviction yet.  These people am dumb!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, IndyMischa said:

Chiming in from the shallow end of the pool... Watching Cody contort himself and strip off his clothes? Not at ALL unpleasant. 

I'm sure Dani enjoyed watching it as much as I enjoyed watching Dani and Christmas fight, which is a lot.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Runningwild said:

Like, my favorite part was like  the “like” counter. Like, you know?

The funniest part (for me) was that several minutes later, they showed a different part of the Christmas/Cody conversation, and Christmas said "like" 4-5 times herself in one response.  

1 hour ago, Blissfool said:
6 hours ago, IndyMischa said:

I'm sure Dani enjoyed watching it as much as I enjoyed watching Dani and Christmas fight, which is a lot.

Dani will tragically have to wait a couple more weeks until she's out of the jury house, but she likely will enjoy that segment on slo-mo and pause.

• Love 4

IT is almost painful to think of any of the scumbuckets left in the house being enriched by half a million dollars.

Cant' believe someone said that Dani an Nicole were the most insperatble duo left in the house...how about Cody and EVERYONE ELSE?

I guess I am forced to want Tyler to win Veto and then HOH because he MIGHT put Cody up but then again it probably would come to naught anyway as he has his legion of psycophants to carry him to the end. How on Earth can Enzo actually believe that if he is sitting next to Cody everyone is going to vote for him? Why would Memphis think the same thing? Or Nicole thinking they would crown her a two time winner over Cody.

Mush for brains...that's the only explanation for carrying this cocksure loser to victory.

P.S. I wept that Janelle was not there for the yoga outfit  competition...just sayin'

• Love 7
On 10/6/2020 at 3:33 PM, jumper sage said:

Here is a lower east side of the state.

untitled.png

From my house in Macomb County to Ubly is about 1.5 hours.

Hello fellow michigander!! I live on the other side of state than you. So hello from over here! 

• Love 1
On 10/6/2020 at 3:53 PM, leocadia said:

Clinton Township.  Boring old suburbs!  I was born in Detroit, but moved out here when I was two.  I did live in Hamtramck for part of my 20's, but eventually made it back to suburbia.  Where are you?

Just saw your pic...looks like you're in Macomb County too!  Small world!

North end of Warren.  Back in the day, Hamtramck was the place to be. Bars and shoe stores up and down the streets and the best restaurants in basements of houses.  Under the Eagle?  Dr. Dave's Waiting Room Lounge next to the old hospital?

Wasn't there an old joke about having to have shoe stores to walk to all the bars????

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 1
On 10/6/2020 at 3:34 PM, leocadia said:

Also, I don't know many people from the Thumb, but NO ONE I know from this area talks like Nicole.  There is a midwest accent, but not like that, lol.

17 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

Hello fellow michigander!! I live on the other side of state than you. So hello from over here! 

West Michigander here - have lived here all my life and I never knew Ubly existed until Nicole told us she lived there and even then I had to look it up - and I will add that literally no one I know in the entire state of Michigan talks like she does.  A Yooper accent is far preferable to listening to her - I think it's just because her default voice is set permanently to "Whine."

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, jumper sage said:

North end of Warren.  Back in the day, Hamtramck was the place to be. Bars and shoe stores up and down the streets and the best restaurants in basements of houses.  Under the Eagle?  Dr. Dave's Waiting Room Lounge next to the old hospital?

Wasn't there an old joke about having to have shoe stores to walk to all the bars????

Loved Under the Eagle!  And you're right.  Hamtramck was all bars, shoe stores and churches.

• Love 1