Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/5/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

Which other polls would that be? I thought Kamala was great. And I agree with the ladies that Pence telling her to stop playing politics with people's was the epitome of hypocrisy. And that says a lot when you consider all the other bullshit he said that night.

• Love 16
14 minutes ago, Diana Berry said:

Of course, they are referencing the CNN poll.  A majority of other polls have Pence as the winner.  

Exactly! There is no way Harris won that debate. Pence did an excellent job! 

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

'Long haul' as a term became popular about around three or four months into the pandemic because doctors were noticing effects similar to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis but the diagnosis of CFS/ME can only be made after six months of continuing effects. Those who get over it after a few months are the lucky ones; doctors anticipate that when this is done, there will be a lot of people who survive Covid-19 but develop CFS/ME and have permanent limited ability to work.

There are lots of auto immune diseases that are thought to be caused by viruses.  I think this pandemic will cause us to see an uptick in auto immune diseases being diagnosed over the next few years.

It will be years before we know the full impact of covid 19.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Which other polls would that be? I thought Kamala was great. And I agree with the ladies that Pence telling her to stop playing politics with people's was the epitome of hypocrisy. And that says a lot when you consider all the other bullshit he said that night.

FoxNews poll has said that Kamala won and we all know that FoxNews is far from being a liberal network.

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

But everything Kamala said they would do to fight COVID is what the Trump administration is doing. 

• LOL 4
18 minutes ago, mxmummy said:

No. Did she say anything that they will do different than the Trump administration? I was paying close attention because they drive home home Trump failed so I really wanted to hear what the plan was but maybe I missed it? If so, feel free to fill me in.

I know they talked about this on the show, but we're not supposed to get into politics (and the discussion should be about The View's discussion of the debate, not the debate itself). I'll try to toe the line with this: the Trump administration has said a lot about coronavirus. It's the doing where they're lacking.

12 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Meg would have loved talking to Sen Blackburn. 

I forgot I wasn't going to watch, and was working on something, when all of a sudden Blackburn's whiny voice assaulted my ears. Do all of these people go to filibustering school? It's so tiresome.

I don't think The View works that well, remotely. I'm glad they're not risking the hosts' lives, but I think they need to change their style somewhat, to accommodate the delays, in such a way where they take more care not to talk over each other.

It must be impossible for them to hear their guest (and vice versa) when more than one of the hosts and the guest are all talking at once. Trying to conduct themselves and do the show the same old way, with an adapted format, makes them look like amateurs.

I think the remote View would be better served if they didn't use The View set backgrounds. Back at the beginning of the shutdown, when it was visibly obvious they were broadcasting from home, I think the hosts' decor served as a constant reminder that they're producing the show under difficult circumstances. 

Edited by General Days
  • Love 4

In the same room we could hear part of what two people said when they were talking at the same time, but remotely we hear none of what both/all of them are saying.  Can't they flash the hosts with the name of who is supposed to talk so they don't say "just one more thing" (Joy) or "uh huh ... uh huh ...." in agreement but drowning out the guest (Whoopi)? They've had months to practice, but haven't gotten any better at it.  Time for muting the over-talkers!  I'm on about the same number of hours per month of Webex, Teams, GoToMeeting, Zoom etc. meetings where the default is to be on mute and put your hand up to speak when called on and the facilitator unmutes you as they call on you. You can unmute yourself when necessary, but we use it judiciously. It took less than a month for all 10-30 people in these meetings to catch on and guests get a primer before the meeting.  Why cannot these ladies & producers get their acts together?

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Why cannot these ladies & producers get their acts together?

I still don't understand why the guests can't see who they are talking to!!! 

I assume the co-hosts can see each other, but now I'm not so sure. Why is that so hard?

CNN has multiple people on remotely and you would think they are all in the same room, if you didn't know that they aren't!!

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 6
On 10/6/2020 at 11:59 PM, bannana said:

I have thoughts about Sunny and Sara's makeup today. I posted this earlier but it disappeared. They are really way overdoing the eye make-up. Please stop it.

beautiful wide eyed GIF

Alyssa Milano had seriously pink lips but I was okay with that cause they totally matched the stars on her pretty blouse. Plus, Alyssa Milano.

I'm disturbed by your MEME, i want to know what is happening to that little girl. LOL

• LOL 3

Oh thank you thank you Joy❣️❣️  I got the biggest laugh in weeks from her comment that was so similar to Tootsie saying she was going to give the nurses a cattle prod to zap ”The Tongue”  in the badoobies when needed.  😝😝😝

• Love 5

That Senator today was really OTT. Strangely defending the indefensible all while pasting on a fake smile. I had never heard of her before but I don't see why she was invited to the show. The ladies were actually pretty respectful considering what was coming out of her mouth.

When the Senator replied to the question about the debate or doing a rally, and the Senator said, let's do both! Sunny's expression was

no GIF

Here's a good recap:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/gop-sen-marsha-blackburn-embarrasses-herself-defending-trump-on-the-view/ar-BB19PJ6O

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

There are lots of auto immune diseases that are thought to be caused by viruses.  I think this pandemic will cause us to see an uptick in auto immune diseases being diagnosed over the next few years.

It will be years before we know the full impact of covid 19.

The future insurance issue will be critical if there is a question have you ever been diagnosed with Covid-19   A pre existing condition could be assigned to the virus based on all the long hauler evidence.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5

My favorite from the Senator was when she was asked how, as an accomplished woman herself, she could have voted against bills which protected women or gave them equal pay &c.  And (I think knowing time was running down) launched into nostalgia about selling books in the1970s "and there was an article written about my selling books.." (tick tick tick) -- and never answered the question.  I am so sick of politicians doing that.  They must have seminars on how to do it.

(I do remember Al Franken describing to Stephan Colbert how to 'deflect' a question.  But she wasn't even good at it.)  Argh! 

• Love 18

Joy should have asked the unequal-pay-for-women-is-fine believer how much she thinks female senators should be paid - 80%? 69%? of what male senators get.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, Chippings said:

My favorite from the Senator was when she was asked how, as an accomplished woman herself, she could have voted against bills which protected women or gave them equal pay &c.  And (I think knowing time was running down) launched into nostalgia about selling books in the1970s "and there was an article written about my selling books.." (tick tick tick) -- and never answered the question.  I am so sick of politicians doing that.  They must have seminars on how to do it.

(I do remember Al Franken describing to Stephan Colbert how to 'deflect' a question.  But she wasn't even good at it.)  Argh! 

This really annoyed me. I wanted an answer. 

• Love 12
26 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

This really annoyed me. I wanted an answer. 

People like her never answer a question they know they don't have an acceptable answer to. Meghan will also not answer questions her cohosts ask her if she knows they will call her out on  her answers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I was just going to post that again!

Once you hear the song, you will never say her name wrong again. 

(But you might burst into song)

LOL! Someone needs to play this video for Whoopi and everyone else still struggling with her name. I get that it's not as simple as a Michelle or a Katie, but it's not THAT difficult either, geez. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

People like her never answer a question they know they don't have an acceptable answer to. Meghan will also not answer questions her cohosts ask her if she knows they will call her out on  her answers.

I don’t know who this woman is either but Stepford wife came to mind.   First woman ever  to sell books door to door give this woman a medal.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I don’t know who this woman is either but Stepford wife came to mind.   First woman ever  to sell books door to door give this woman a medal.  

I didn't understand that. I remember teacher friends selling World Books door-to-door in the early 70s. How old is she?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Diana Berry said:

Of course, they are referencing the CNN poll.  A majority of other polls have Pence as the winner.  

I’m curious what polls you’ve seen.  I couldn’t really find many other than a few local news stations in places like salt lake.  The ones I saw had Harris winning but they weren’t that far apart.  

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, MMEButterfly said:

I didn't understand that. I remember teacher friends selling World Books door-to-door in the early 70s. How old is she?

Well, since the advent of the internet, hard copy encyclopedias went away.  My dad was a teacher and spent one summer selling encyclopedias (he was awful at it..no killer sales instinct at all), but that was in the early 60’s!  I doubt there’s been much door to door selling of anything in the past 40 years?

• Love 2

Joy mentioned Borgen, earlier this week, as a great series to watch. I loved this series and it is a lot more interesting than she made it sound. Def worth watching.

Whoopi mentioned Vampires vs. the Bronx, which is a movie, and we watched it this evening and it is also def watching. Quite good.

I cannot remember the other hosts' recommendations. I think Ana said Nurse Ratchet, which I will def watch. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, bannana said:

Joy mentioned Borgen, earlier this week, as a great series to watch. I loved this series and it is a lot more interesting than she made it sound. Def worth watching.

Whoopi mentioned Vampires vs. the Bronx, which is a movie, and we watched it this evening and it is also def watching. Quite good.

I cannot remember the other hosts' recommendations. I think Ana said Nurse Ratchet, which I will def watch. 

Either Sunny or Sara said Lovecraft Country. I couldn't tell which because of all the crosstalk but I definitely heard one of them say that.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, bannana said:

It’s Ratched on Netflix. I watched it. It’s really no different than a typical Ryan Murphy season of American Horror Story.  Take that as you will. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I might be a little sensitive because Whitmer is my governor and I'm still pissed and horrified by what happened, but was Sara kind of blaming the victim by saying that all the executive orders she issued -- to keep everyone SAFE FROM THE CORONAVIRUS -- contributed to the "perfect storm" of a terrorist group plotting to kidnap and probably kill her?! 

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

I might be a little sensitive because Whitmer is my governor and I'm still pissed and horrified by what happened, but was Sara kind of blaming the victim by saying that all the executive orders she issued -- to keep everyone SAFE FROM THE CORONAVIRUS -- contributed to the "perfect storm" of a terrorist group plotting to kidnap and probably kill her?! 

I haven't watched yet, but I have just about enough of Sara already. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
14 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

That’s our Sarah. Trying to straddle the fence.

If Meg is watching I bet she’s fuming about Harrison trashing Uncle Lindsey. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
59 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

I haven't watched yet but wtf? I thought her idioatic question about a hypothetical stacking the courts question was bad enough. Sara is doing my head in.

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 3

Sarah's teleprompter needs to be taken away!!!

She is just reading something she tired to rehearse. Joy, Ana and Sunny might include some facts, but they just talk! I feel like someone presses a button and Sara is prerecorded!!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

Perfect storm my ass.  There is no excuse for plotting to kidnap a governor and put her on trial for something because you disagree with her policies and actions.

1 hour ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I have just about enough of Sara already. 

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

That’s our Sarah. Trying to straddle the fence.

40 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

I haven't watched yet but wtf? I thought her idioatic question about a hypothetical stacking the courts question was bad enough. Sara is doing my head in.

31 minutes ago, OnTime said:

I feel like someone presses a button and Sara is prerecorded!!

So do we think this is Sara or do we think this is a role Sara has been told to play a role?  I'm pretty good at reading people but she is tough to get a line on.    I just don't understand how she can think the kidnapping plot was just the result of a "perfect storm".

Thank god Meghan wasn't there. I had enough of her excusing all the gun toting protestors when they were at the Michigan capital back in the spring.  I feel like the perfect storm line would have come out of Meghan's mouth if she had been there today.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

So do we think this is Sara or do we think this is a role Sara has been told to play a role?  I'm pretty good at reading people but she is tough to get a line on.    I just don't understand how she can the kidnapping plot was just the result of a "perfect storm".

I think Sara has been asked to play a role, particularly because with Meghan out, there aren't really any conservative or moderate voices on the show. (Ana is obviously a Republican, but she's such a Never Trumper that she doesn't come across as recognizably conservative most of the time.) It's possible that I'm biased, though, because I really like Sara and a lot of the things she's been saying lately just don't sound like her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

I think Sara has been asked to play a role, particularly because with Meghan out, there aren't really any conservative or moderate voices on the show. (Ana is obviously a Republican, but she's such a Never Trumper that she doesn't come across as recognizably conservative most of the time.) It's possible that I'm biased, though, because I really like Sara and a lot of the things she's been saying lately just don't sound like her.

If this is true then shame on her.  Years ago there was a pundit on Bill Maher's HBO show who was on the left  and he told Bill a pundit very famous on the right told him he only did it because there was more money on that side.  I understand Sara is a team player and yadda yadda  yadda but as she keeps saying things that are happening aren't changing her vote so why say something that sounds sympathetic to a truly horrific thing?

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

If this is true then shame on her.  Years ago there was a pundit on Bill Maher's HBO show who was on the left  and he told Bill a pundit very famous on the right told him he only did it because there was more money on that side.  I understand Sara is a team player and yadda yadda  yadda but as she keeps saying things that are happening aren't changing her vote so why say something that sounds sympathetic to a truly horrific thing?

This is very disheartening to read. I remember when Sara was on the show before she left to do that disastrous show, that she at least would voice her own opinions and views, based on her own life experience and family.

Now maybe I shouldn't post about what happened or was discussed on today's show because I didn't watch it, and I don't want to veer off topic, but I feel STOOPID when I ask this: What does "Packing the Supreme Court" mean?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Now maybe I shouldn't post about what happened or was discussed on today's show because I didn't watch it, and I don't want to veer off topic, but I feel STOOPID when I ask this: What does "Packing the Supreme Court" mean?

Yesterday they talked about the VP debate and I don't remember if it was Senator Blackburn that brought it up but the topic was whether Biden would add more SCOTUS members.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Yesterday they talked about the VP debate and I don't remember if it was Senator Blackburn that brought it up but the topic was whether Biden would add more SCOTUS members.

Thank you @blondiec0332. I thought it meant something entirely different, which would be off topic if I mentioned it.

16 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

This is very disheartening to read. I remember when Sara was on the show before she left to do that disastrous show, that she at least would voice her own opinions and views, based on her own life experience and family.

To add another Justice to the supreme court.  Sara's question was hypocritical and ridiculous.  If Harris or Biden took the bait like Sara wants them to,  that is all the media would cover.

What blondie said lol. 

As far as Sara and is that who she really is? I think she wants to come across "fair and balanced" by nature but I would be surprised if producers have talked to her. And obviously she want to be a team player so you get this Sara.

Edited by Cozytea
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I watched her then also and she was only able voice her own opinions and views about brownies or shampoo.  She would sit there and look back and forth between Whoopi and Jed, like being at a tennis match.

Sometimes she wouldn't say a word during the hot topics. She was filling a seat!!

• Love 3

I don't think Sara is a woman of great courage, when it comes to speaking her mind, and I think she is easily swayed.

She does not strike me as being all that naturally interested in politics. I missed her when she left the first time. This time, I wish she'd go away of her own accord.

Don't get me wrong. I'd still take Sara Haines over Meghan McCain, who is just a propaganda bot, but I don't think Sara has done herself any favors with this return to the show. She'd be better suited to being a second tier personality on Good Morning America. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

I watched her then also and she was only able voice her own opinions and views about brownies or shampoo.  She would sit there and look back and forth between Whoopi and Jed, like being at a tennis match.

Sometimes she wouldn't say a word during the hot topics. She was filling a seat!!

Bless her heart. 

• Love 3