Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/5/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

The opening voiceover mentioned Trump’s video telling a different story but the panel didn’t address this. It’s obvious from the way trump was straining to inhale that he isn’t feeling as well as he claims. Incidentally, Remdesivir is derived from stem cells. There’s some irony.

Stup up, Sarah Sanders. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 14
13 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Even though I was reminded of you know who too, in Whoops' defense, she meant wiping down packaged candy, not the actual candy. I don't see her telling anyone to ingest Lysol. 

Yes, she meant wiping the outside of the wrapped candy with Lysol - you should never put Lysol or any other disinfectant or detergent near food, wrapped or unwrapped.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Yes, she meant wiping the outside of the wrapped candy with Lysol - you should never put Lysol or any other disinfectant or detergent near food, wrapped or unwrapped.

I will wipe down exterior packaging that's solid with nontoxic cleaner of some sort, but I don't wipe individual pieces of candy or anything where the chemicals could seep into the wrapping. Surely Whoopi wouldn't either? lol IDK, I'm trying to make sense of what she said. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Nancy Pelosi is on tomorrow, but I thought Anita Hill was suppose to be on? Double booking guests just mean that they have limited time to speak.

Probably to talk about the now dead stimulus bill. 

• Love 2

WHoopi says we should let kids trick or treat, and parents going along makes it safe?  Spray candy with lysol?   What the hell?

here's what my town is doing -   letters were sent out.  kids, need to go in small groups, and if a group is at a house, they need to hang back and wait until that group moves on before going to the house.   kids need to wear facemasks in addition to any costume mask.    It is strongly encouraged for each group of kids to be accompanied by an adult, and that kids limit the number of houses they go to.  If you want to hand out candy, signal by having your outside lights on.  to hand out candy, you must wear gloves and a facemask, and only individually wrapped candy can be handed out.   AND - each household will get a sign to display, that says whether or not they are participating.  if they display the RED sign, trick or treating is not happening at that house, a green sign means they are handing out candy.  

It is possible to celebrate halloween, I guess .  I'm not sure how many people will participate.  If my kids were still young, I'd probably make a deal with them that I would buy them a bunch of their favorite candy and we stay home and watch scary movies.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

WHoopi says we should let kids trick or treat, and parents going along makes it safe?  Spray candy with lysol?   What the hell?

here's what my town is doing -   letters were sent out.  kids, need to go in small groups, and if a group is at a house, they need to hang back and wait until that group moves on before going to the house.   kids need to wear facemasks in addition to any costume mask.    It is strongly encouraged for each group of kids to be accompanied by an adult, and that kids limit the number of houses they go to.  If you want to hand out candy, signal by having your outside lights on.  to hand out candy, you must wear gloves and a facemask, and only individually wrapped candy can be handed out.   AND - each household will get a sign to display, that says whether or not they are participating.  if they display the RED sign, trick or treating is not happening at that house, a green sign means they are handing out candy.  

It is possible to celebrate halloween, I guess .  I'm not sure how many people will participate.  If my kids were still young, I'd probably make a deal with them that I would buy them a bunch of their favorite candy and we stay home and watch scary movies.  

We usually do a big Halloween thing for the kids in the neighbourhood.  Decorations outside and we dress up when handing out the candy. We will be opting out this year. I don't understand anyone promoting Halloween at this point. In my city they posted a pic of a police chief showing how you could throw candy through a long tube into the kid's bags. 🙄

Halloween was already becoming an event that did not have that many kids going to house to house. It shouldn't be a big deal to say to kids, not this year.  Whoopi is wrong about this.

I like your idea @tinkerbell; stay home, dress up and watch some scary movies, and eat candy!

• Love 8

I have thoughts about Sunny and Sara's makeup today. I posted this earlier but it disappeared. They are really way overdoing the eye make-up. Please stop it.

beautiful wide eyed GIF

Alyssa Milano had seriously pink lips but I was okay with that cause they totally matched the stars on her pretty blouse. Plus, Alyssa Milano.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I'm bummed about Halloween as an adult! 

How is Alyssa Milano still so beautiful? I hope she gets back to herself soon, poor thing. 

I thought the same thing about her still looking so beautiful and I appreciated her giving her experience of being a long hauler.  A family member of mine had a long hauler experience after an unnamed virus several years ago and at the time there wasn't a term to explain what was happening.  I would like the show to interview more long haulers so that the public can become more aware of the impact on the body and lifestyle of the victims of this disease.  I have read there is a support website somewhere for long haulers but getting their experiences out there is the kind of thing the View could spend time on rather than ranting about politics.

Edited by Mldyold
word correction
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
39 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I feel like this season has had more commercials than before. It was bad before, but the amount of ads they have during the breaks are insane.

I notice all ABC shows have more commercials than any other network.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I feel like this season has had more commercials than before. It was bad before, but the amount of ads they have during the breaks are insane.

It seems to be getting worse! 

THE only way I can watch it is to record the show.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 9

The announcer said there was a celebrity couple for Joy's birthday. Did I hear that right? 

Maybe I FF'd too fast, but I didn't see any couple there. What did I miss?

Must add that Joy is fantastic at 78!!

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, OnTime said:

The announcer said there was a celebrity couple for Joy's birthday. Did I hear that right? 

Maybe I FF'd too fast, but I didn't see any couple there. What did I miss?

Must add that Joy is fantastic at 78!!

Brad Paisley and his wife were donating money to the charity (food bank?) that Joy wanted people to donate to for her birthday.  They didn't show them or anything, Joy just mentioned it as they were closing out the segment.

• LOL 1
21 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Maybe I FF'd too fast, but I didn't see any couple there.

I had to step away and thought I’d missed it. So Brad P and his wife (is that Kimberly Williams?) donated $ but didn’t appear on the show or tape a happy bday message?

• Love 1
23 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Im surprised no has bought a home xray machine.  I havent looked at amazon yet, but they sell all kinds of medical stuff.

13 hours ago, tinkerbell said:WHoopi says we should let kids trick or treat, and parents going along makes it safe?  Spray candy with lysol?   What the hell?

I asked my 8 year old grandson about Halloween ( I usually stay at their place & hand out candy as they go around neighborhood )  Mom who is a 1st grade teacher came up with the idea of a treasure hunt or hiding candy like Easter eggs. Both kids are happy with that, they get a costume which makes them happy. .. 

The lead in to Joys birthday announcement said she was unwrapping a very special surprise with help from from a super star couple. . Years ago Joy supported a charity that cooked and served  meals in New York. 
i had  a feeling that Joy had her family in her bubble but I doubted at first since her son in law works at a hospital so not clear on how that works.    My BD was 3 days ago and didn’t get to see my grandkids which bummed me out big time, as I sing nobody likes me everyone hates me..... 

Joys  delay is the worst but Nancy’s segment her speaking  was frozen  and skipping which I believe is a plot so she can’t be heard. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, bannana said:

In my city they posted a pic of a police chief showing how you could throw candy through a long tube into the kid's bags. 🙄

I actually like that idea, and if my neighborhood has trick or treating this year I will do it. Another good idea I saw demonstrated on a news show is picking out individually wrapped pieces of candy by using kitchen tongs and sending them down the tube.

• Love 3
On 10/3/2020 at 5:47 PM, TheView said:

Friday would've been torture for Meghan. HAHA 

Or she'd just be a rude beast to Jaime Harrison, who is a lovely human being.

On 10/3/2020 at 7:37 PM, ifionlyknew said:

Thursday will be torture for me.

I will be skipping Thursday, unless I really forget, and lose my remote control. Marsha Blackburn is unbearable.

On 10/5/2020 at 11:25 AM, GoldenGirl90 said:

It’s pronounced COMMA-LA, Whoopi. 

I know that Senator Harris herself uses this as a pronunciation guide to her name, but it's really not useful for whole swaths of the country. 

In American English (including California), there are accents that have what's called the "cot"/"caught" merger. For those people, COMMA-la works. 

For speakers of American English without that merger, it's more useful to point out that the stress (accent) is on the first syllable. In other words, it's KAH-mah-la not Kah-MAH-la.

Whoopi goes her own way entirely, though. She makes the Kam rhyme with "ham." That's not right, either. 

Edited by General Days
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

Did Nancy just talk about Trump’s “erotic behavior”?

I spit out my coffee when she said that. Then I rewound a few seconds, played it again, and spit my coffee out once more. I hope she meant 'erratic'. 

As for Halloween, a friend of mine is working at 'Spirit of Halloween' since August, when the pop-up store opened in the strip mall (she's been out of work due to COVID). According to their manager, the whole company is down by 75% from last year for the past two months. I guess they will be featured on 'The View' pretty soon in 'View Your Deal' ?  LOL They will be pushing 'half price costumes' and 'half price decorations'.

• Love 4

Loving Anna today.  She brings more fun to the panel.    I believe it was her singing happy birthday loudly to Joy towards the beginning of the show.  When she said 24 people, correction 23 people and Steven Miller have tested positive for COVID..... LOL 

• LOL 8
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Probably the best birthday show Joy's had in several years--with McCain off. That was the best present ever, lol.

McCain's birthday is October 23. I wonder if she will be back by then ? I say yes - she will not want to miss out on recognition for her birthday.

(Sunny's is October 20, and Whoopi is November 13).

That's a lot of Scorpios for the show (Sunny is on the cusp of Libra / Scorpio). Joy is Libra, Sara is Virgo and Ana is Capricorn - for those keeping score at home. LOL !

Edited by LetsStartTalking
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, General Days said:

Or she'd just be a rude beast to Jaime Harrison, who is a lovely human being.

I will be skipping Thursday, unless I really forget, and lose my remote control. Marsha Blackburn is unbearable.

I know that Senator Harris herself uses this as a pronunciation guide to her name, but it's really not useful for whole swaths of the country. 

In American English (including California), there are accents that have what's called the "cot"/"caught" merger. For those people, COMMA-la works. 

For speakers of American English without that merger, it's more useful to point out that the stress (accent) is on the first syllable. In other words, it's KAH-mah-la not Kah-MAH-la.

Whoopi goes her own way entirely, though. She makes the Kam rhyme with "ham." That's not right, either. 

Yeah you got way more technical about it than me lmao.

For everyone I know who had a hard time pronouncing her name, I literally just told them it’s COMMA-LA. They usually get it right after that. 

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Love 2

I live in a rural area and Halloween is very big here.  However, the kids do not go house to house for trick or treating.  The people in town park at the school and decorate the trunks of their cars and place bowls of candy inside.  This year everyone will be wearing masks, gloves and the kids will not be able to reach into the car trucks to get their candy, all the goody bags will be place on a card table so their is no contact.  Maybe larger communities can do the same at their neighborhood schools?  

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
23 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Yeah you got way more technical about it than me lmao.

For everyone I know who had a hard time pronouncing her name, I literally just told them it’s COMMA-LA. They usually get it right after that. 

The COMMA-la trick helped me remember where the stress goes, but in Massachusetts, where I live, if I said the first syllable of the Senator's name the same way I say the first syllable of "comma" it would sound so weird (and isn't how she pronounces it). 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, General Days said:

The COMMA-la trick helped me remember where the stress goes, but in Massachusetts, where I live, if I said the first syllable of the Senator's name the same way I say the first syllable of "comma" it would sound so weird (and isn't how she pronounces it). 

Understood! Yeah I live in the South so when a lot of folks down here pronounce it, it sounds more like COMMUH-LUH haha. I get what you’re saying though!

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, LetsStartTalking said:

McCain's birthday is October 23. I wonder if she will be back by then ? I say yes - she will not want to miss out on recognition for her birthday.

Hopefully she will stay in "newborn" land. 

I will bet my 401k that she is back before Election Day.  Not necessarily full time, but I do think she will make an appearance being the "political analyst" that she calls herself.

(oh no, could I lose my money?)

• Love 8
1 hour ago, LetsStartTalking said:

She'd have to do something to out-do Joy, like find a celebrity couple to donate 10,000 cribs to new mothers without one.  Or The Heiress could do it herself.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Kamala told The View the "comma-la" trick when she was first on before the DNC debates.  But Whoopi forgot 3 times this week.  She needs a big COMMA-LA sign in her field of view tomorrow so she can talk intelligently about the debate.  The proper way to pronounce someone's name is they way they pronounce it.

Presumably Whoopi has a big monitor and can see the Brady-Bunch squares and split screen close-ups that we see.  She should look at the monitor to see if the guest or another host is done talking before butting in.  She seems to be on a double-time delay, as if she is waiting for one of her producers in her ear to tell her to do something, wait for it to register in her pot-infused brain, and then start talking.  Whereas Sara is on top of things.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

(Sunny's is October 20, and Whoopi is November 13).

That's a lot of Scorpios for the show (Sunny is on the cusp of Libra / Scorpio). Joy is Libra, Sara is Virgo and Ana is Capricorn - for those keeping score at home. LOL !

Putting Libras and Scorpios at a table together is great if you want emotional outbursts! No offense to anyone here who's a Libra or Scorpio. I know some of y'all are cool! 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Presumably Whoopi has a big monitor and can see the Brady-Bunch squares and split screen close-ups that we see.  She should look at the monitor to see if the guest or another host is done talking before butting in.  She seems to be on a double-time delay, as if she is waiting for one of her producers in her ear to tell her to do something, wait for it to register in her pot-infused brain, and then start talking.  Whereas Sara is on top of things.

Whoopi's dyslexia doesn't help but I am sure the producer prompting her in her ear is a big part of the problem.

After close scientific analysis, I have determined the only hosts that do not regularly step on someone else's talking are Ana and Sunny. I think it is because they have both been  on many news programs so are used to it and used to waiting their turn and not interrupting.

Joy was at it again today but because it's her birthday and she is so fab, I am going to go easy on her for today's mess-ups.

so what who cares tv show GIF

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Putting Libras and Scorpios at a table together is great if you want emotional outbursts! No offense to anyone here who's a Libra or Scorpio. I know some of y'all are cool! 

I thought Libras were more rational than other signs... That would explain why Joy has been able to argue with fellow co-hosts for twenty years and still be friends off-screen. Ana and I have the same sign. Interesting to know! I feel happier with that connection than I'm sure Joy is with--as she mentioned on the show--sharing the same birthday with Vladimir Putin, lol.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Mldyold said:

I thought the same thing about her still looking so beautiful and I appreciated her giving her experience of being a long hauler.  A family member of mine had a long hauler experience after an unnamed virus several years ago and at the time there wasn't a term to explain what was happening.  I would like the show to interview more long haulers so that the public can become more aware of the impact on the body and lifestyle of the victims of this disease.  I have read there is a support website somewhere for long haulers but getting their experiences out there is the kind of thing the View could spend time on rather than ranting about politics.

Chris Cuomo on CNN is a long hauler after his heavy bout of COVID.  He speaks of it often and also interviews others who are having the same experience.  He's had some very interesting discussions.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I thought Libras were more rational than other signs... That would explain why Joy has been able to argue with fellow co-hosts for twenty years and still be friends off-screen. Ana and I have the same sign. Interesting to know! I feel happier with that connection than I'm sure Joy is with--as she mentioned on the show--sharing the same birthday with Vladimir Putin, lol.

I know some rational Libras, but much as I love my Libra fam and friends, they are a lot more moody. Could just be my luck! lol I agree that in all seriousness, Joy is a saint. I'm amazed she's so nice to Meghan despite the disrespect. 

3 minutes ago, Tunia said:

Chris Cuomo on CNN is a long hauler after his heavy bout of COVID.  He speaks of it often and also interviews others who are having the same experience.  He's had some very interesting discussions.

Yes. I remember his cutie self interviewing Alyssa about her experience too! 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 1
On 10/7/2020 at 12:03 AM, RealHousewife said:

How is Alyssa Milano still so beautiful? I hope she gets back to herself soon, poor thing. 

She looked great, but you could still hear her wheezy lungs when she spoke. That happened to me when I had a really bad flu in ~1997. I was really sick with fainting spells and extreme exhaustion for 2 weeks, but I couldn't take a really deep breath without wheezing for ~4 months.  I haven't missed an annual flu shot since! 

I'm a Libra too 10/7.  I forget that Joy & I share a birthday, until it is mentioned on the show every year.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 4
On 10/7/2020 at 9:07 AM, Mldyold said:

A family member of mine had a long hauler experience after an unnamed virus several years ago and at the time there wasn't a term to explain what was happening.  I would like the show to interview more long haulers so that the public can become more aware of the impact on the body and lifestyle of the victims of this disease.  I have read there is a support website somewhere for long haulers but getting their experiences out there is the kind of thing the View could spend time on rather than ranting about politics.

'Long haul' as a term became popular about around three or four months into the pandemic because doctors were noticing effects similar to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis but the diagnosis of CFS/ME can only be made after six months of continuing effects. Those who get over it after a few months are the lucky ones; doctors anticipate that when this is done, there will be a lot of people who survive Covid-19 but develop CFS/ME and have permanent limited ability to work.

• Useful 1