Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/5/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

It's interesting that her bizarre comments have not been picked up by the media sites. She is just that inconsequential. She toned down her makeup today.

Joy was making me crazy again with the adding extra words after she already asked the question thus throwing off the guests.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, bannana said:

It's interesting that her bizarre comments have not been picked up by the media sites. She is just that inconsequential.

Unlike Meghan (and Joy and Whoopi and Sunny) she isn't known outside the View universe. I mean for fuck sake she had  her own show with her name in the title and people still don't know who she is.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, General Days said:

I don't think Sara is a woman of great courage, when it comes to speaking her mind, and I think she is easily swayed.

She does not strike me as being all that naturally interested in politics. I missed her when she left the first time. This time, I wish she'd go away of her own accord.

Don't get me wrong. I'd still take Sara Haines over Meghan McCain, who is just a propaganda bot, but I don't think Sara has done herself any favors with this return to the show. She'd be better suited to being a second tier personality on Good Morning America. 

I do wish that had been an option to go back to GMA.  I think there's more opportunities there.  But if there was travel involved for stories, that would be hard for the young family.  I don't get all the Sara hate though. I dont1 get any of the impressions given here.  I think she's remarkably empathetic with people, yet turnaround and tell them the raunchiest joke lol.  She's from Iowa, bro is gay. She's always looking to educate herself on stuff that she is ignorant on. I, myself was looking up the name of one of groups.  I wanted to know more about them.  So, in summation (*tm Sunny) i am glad Sara is back, she makes me smile and laugh...hmm maybe...dot dot dot...maybe what you are remembering of her last tour, is the real NOT-Sara, and maybe the Sara of the current panel is more to who she is.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

I don't get all the Sara hate though.

I don't think anyone here said they hated Sara.  Since the show came back in September she has said some things that seem empathetic to people that I myself consider questionable.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I might be a little sensitive because Whitmer is my governor and I'm still pissed and horrified by what happened, but was Sara kind of blaming the victim by saying that all the executive orders she issued -- to keep everyone SAFE FROM THE CORONAVIRUS -- contributed to the "perfect storm" of a terrorist group plotting to kidnap and probably kill her?! 

As a Sara fan, I didn't like how she worded her answer either, especially because there are people who've blamed Governor Whitmer, all for doing her best to protect the people of her state. I'll give the benefit of the doubt to Sara that she didn't mean to victim blame. I don't blame you for being sensitive though. Whitmer isn't my governor, and I'm absolutely horrified by what happened. She must be so shaken up. I will never understand how there can be such evil people out there. There is ZERO excuse for it. I hope the governor and her family stay safe. It's amazing how calm she's been addressing all this. 

How is you know who still wanting to do rallies? 😣I did like what Sara said regarding this topic. The people who go to them put us all at risk. So selfish! 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Cozytea said:

To add another Justice to the supreme court.  Sara's question was hypocritical and ridiculous.  If Harris or Biden took the bait like Sara wants them to,  that is all the media would cover.

What blondie said lol. 

As far as Sara and is that who she really is? I think she wants to come across "fair and balanced" by nature but I would be surprised if producers have talked to her. And obviously she want to be a team player so you get this Sara.

CozyTea, i had to look it up too, i didn't know. Maybe she was trying to do MMs gotcha questions, but if you're not used to being an asshole its going to come out weird.  If they talked to her abt where she lies, you've got everybody100% on the left, one person 100% on the right, who's not there right now.  I can see where they might pressure her to cover the middle etc.  That would be like a friggin pinball machine bouncing off all the different issues lol

• Love 1

Oh wow i didn't hear all that with Whitmer.  Gawd, people are just fucking crazy!  Nuts! I want to say thank you to the person who put 2+2 and got to the authorities. I want to say Congrats, i don't know if was he or she and if they were on the job.  I just want to say CONGRATS FOR A JOB WELL DONE!  You saved countless people.  But I guess its not over, there's still guys out there on a mission.  P.s.  just to say I loved that leather jacket she was wearing.  She was looking badass. And pissed.  She's coming for you boooooooooys!

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

Oh wow i didn't hear all that with Whitmer.  Gawd, people are just fucking crazy!  Nuts! I want to say thank you to the person who put 2+2 and got to the authorities. I want to say Congrats, i don't know if was he or she and if they were on the job.  I just want to say CONGRATS FOR A JOB WELL DONE!  You saved countless people.  But I guess its not over, there's still guys out there on a mission.  P.s.  just to say I loved that leather jacket she was wearing.  She was looking badass. And pissed.  She's coming for you boooooooooys!

The fbi had an informant who was wired. These lunatics were the same ones waving guns around in the state house. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Yesterday they talked about the VP debate and I don't remember if it was Senator Blackburn that brought it up but the topic was whether Biden would add more SCOTUS members.

I never knew that such a thing was a possibility. Im partial to the number 13 hah

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Haleth said:

The fbi had an informant who was wired. These lunatics were the same ones waving guns around in the state house. 

Nuts.  She was so lucky the informant got the ball rolling.  Insane.

• Love 2
On 10/8/2020 at 11:00 AM, OnTime said:

I still don't understand why the guests can't see who they are talking to!!! 

I assume the co-hosts can see each other, but now I'm not so sure. Why is that so hard?

CNN has multiple people on remotely and you would think they are all in the same room, if you didn't know that they aren't!!

I think they can. Sometimes the tech fails or is on a lag.  Still it could majorly be improved on

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ForumLou said:

She did and the plot was horrifying.  However, I will admit it was difficult to listen to what she was saying in the clip as I was fascinated with the extremely expressive sign language interpreter behind her!  

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Two Justices. An odd number to break a tie.

Though the first court had six justices, Congress altered the number of Supreme Court seats — from a low of five to a high of 10 — six times over the years. In 1869, Congress set the number of seats to nine, where it has remained until today. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

I found Sara's comments about the perfect storm problematic. But I have a feeling she didn't realize what she was implying.

All you have to do is insert another political leader's name, say Obama, and then suggest that if there had been an attempted plot on him, it was a perfect storm due to ..... This shows how wrong it was to say what she did. An assassination plot is just that, and should be condemned without someone musing whether her doing her job to keep Michiganders safe might have compelled these people to assassinate her.  Sara also said that the Governor imposed some of the strictest restrictions, which is debatable I guess, but completely irrelevant.

I think if Whoopi or Joy had said what she said, it would be getting attention. Sara is getting more attention for pointing out the hypocrisy of ordinary citizens having to follow CDC and government rules, while the President and his administration flout those rules. 

One person on twitter did question whether Sara was blaming the Governor (victim-blaming).

I have a feeling these talking points were given to her by MeAgain's producer.

• Love 8
On 10/8/2020 at 8:55 PM, Rainyhawk said:

Well, since the advent of the internet, hard copy encyclopedias went away.  My dad was a teacher and spent one summer selling encyclopedias (he was awful at it..no killer sales instinct at all), but that was in the early 60’s!  I doubt there’s been much door to door selling of anything in the past 40 years?

Oh, I agree. It's history. But I don't remember anybody making a big deal about a woman selling books door-to-door. Her comment seemed weird. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, bannana said:

I found Sara's comments about the perfect storm problematic. But I have a feeling she didn't realize what she was implying.

All you have to do is insert another political leader's name, say Obama, and then suggest that if there had been an attempted plot on him, it was a perfect storm due to ..... This shows how wrong it was to say what she did. An assassination plot is just that, and should be condemned without someone musing whether her doing her job to keep Michiganders safe might have compelled these people to assassinate her.  Sara also said that the Governor imposed some of the strictest restrictions, which is debatable I guess, but completely irrelevant.

I think if Whoopi or Joy had said what she said, it would be getting attention. Sara is getting more attention for pointing out the hypocrisy of ordinary citizens having to follow CDC and government rules, while the President and his administration flout those rules. 

One person on twitter did question whether Sara was blaming the Governor (victim-blaming).

I need to rewatch it because i wasn't paying too much attention, but if that's what she said or was implying, I'm sure it was a matter of brainfarts or something becz that is pretty shitty. Why didn't Sunny jump in there?  She can read one of her legal notes, but it be from Sara hahaha.  Remember when Joy had to double down and apologize, i forget to who.  --Huckabee maybe. I remember, it was Pence.  But she had already explained and either they didnt hear it or didnt get it, so she did it again just to keep the peace.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ForumLou said:

I do wish that had been an option to go back to GMA.  I think there's more opportunities there.  But if there was travel involved for stories, that would be hard for the young family.  I don't get all the Sara hate though. I dont1 get any of the impressions given here.  I think she's remarkably empathetic with people, yet turnaround and tell them the raunchiest joke lol.  She's from Iowa, bro is gay. She's always looking to educate herself on stuff that she is ignorant on. I, myself was looking up the name of one of groups.  I wanted to know more about them.  So, in summation (*tm Sunny) i am glad Sara is back, she makes me smile and laugh...hmm maybe...dot dot dot...maybe what you are remembering of her last tour, is the real NOT-Sara, and maybe the Sara of the current panel is more to who she is.

I do not hate Sara and did not come close to implying that I did. I even said I missed her when she left, before. I don't think she's cut out for the kinds of discussions they have been having since she returned. 

You don't have to make a separate post to reply to each person. See how there are 4 symbols under a post? If you click the first one -- a plus sign and a quotation mark [that is: +"]  -- that lets you select multiple posts to quote and insert them in your own post.

1114245890_ScreenShot2020-10-09at10_52_02PM.png.f0e55a04dbe11df191cbc869660c2c0c.png

You just click it on each post you want to quote.

682095922_ScreenShot2020-10-09at10_54_13PM.png.68a3fc0580be9f9b58d1bd1e514c0cd2.png

There's a button that will appear telling you how many posts you've quoted so far. 
1059035497_ScreenShot2020-10-09at10_54_31PM.png.e6e6f6b8e5a3c714d4ab076ba3503cb1.png

When you're ready to compose your own post, click on that button. Then you can answer a bunch of people in one post. 

Here's the How-To from the FAQ: 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, General Days said:

I do not hate Sara and did not come close to implying that I did. I even said I missed her when she left, before. I don't think she's cut out for the kinds of discussions they have been having since she returned. 

You don't have to make a separate post to reply to each person. See how there are 4 symbols under a post? If you click the first one -- a plus sign and a quotation mark 

There's a button that will appear telling you how many posts you've quoted so far. 

When you're ready to compose your own post, click on that button. Then you can answer a bunch of people in one post. 

Here's the How-To from the FAQ: 

THAT IS SO AWESOME!!  Caps intended! Thanks so much for that tip, i will use it extensively!  I love it when i learn something new, and that i will actually use it and benefit from.  Thanks again! I will practice tomorrow heh.  Night!

Ps..sorry every body for the Sara hate comment.  I do see the difference between constructive talk and a loathing for the unnamed which i have a lot of.  Sorry about that, i take it back! Loloooool

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

THAT IS SO AWESOME!!  Caps intended! Thanks so much for that tip, i will use it extensively!  I love it when i learn something new, and that i will actually use it and benefit from.  Thanks again! I will practice tomorrow heh.  Night!

It took me a long time to figure it out. I don't know why, but I was intimidated by the FAQ (which is actually very helpful, there's just a lot to it). Have a good night, ForumLou.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, bannana said:

I think a lot of the comments Sara's made are clearly written for her. She filled Abby's seat for one thing, and especially while McCain is off they likely want someone who will inject at least some conservative viewpoints. I'm still happy to have her back. At least she'll deliver the talking points they give her without heat and she has good chemistry with Joy, Whoopi, and Sunny.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 8

I too am tired of the Sara-bashing. She is also, along with Sunny, a host who actually does her homework. Sunny is very predictable on what she focuses on (nothing wrong with that) as is Joy (still love her) and "focus" is not a word that can be applied to Whoopi at any time. Sara, of the 5 regulars is the only one who seems to not have a personal agenda/axe to grind.

• Love 10

My criticism isn’t bashing. Sara is a lovely person, very sweet and kind, wanting to be open to all opinions. But on a panel with such outspoken women she seems so vanilla and being non controversial comes across as ill informed. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, pachebo said:

I too am tired of the Sara-bashing. She is also, along with Sunny, a host who actually does her homework. Sunny is very predictable on what she focuses on (nothing wrong with that) as is Joy (still love her) and "focus" is not a word that can be applied to Whoopi at any time. Sara, of the 5 regulars is the only one who seems to not have a personal agenda/axe to grind.

Yes, Sara has many positive qualities. I like that she is an open person and the kindest at the table. I don't agree with everything she says, but she brings a lightness to the show. I also think she's smart, but politics isn't her passion. She'd be great on something like The Talk. My guess is what Sara said about the governor wasn't meant to victim blame, but to understand what happened. It's like when we try to figure out terrorists who aren't American and why they commit such horrific acts. It's not to excuse it, but to try to understand what led to it so we can do everything possible to limit the evil. Since I've heard people still criticize the governor even after this incredibly scary news came out, I understand why some people are sensitive about what's said though. Everyone should be concerned about her safety and condemning the monsters planning to kidnap and do God knows what to her, not saying, well she had the strictest blah blah. I've read comments like that from many people online. I'm sure Sara would be horrified by those folks too. 

• Love 5

Confess to half watching lately but I never took Sara’s comments as victim blaming.   Honestly thought she was saying Trump words made it a perfect storm.   
Find the show not balanced at all right now and they are really missing a conservative view.  I like Anna but she seems not to really represent a conservative view at this point.  
It just seems like four people saying the same thing.   
   Sara point about the Biden/Harris ticket having a better answer for packing the court seemed like it should have made for at least good conversation instead her point was just shut down.  I personally thought the posters here gave better answers then the cohosts lol.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Confess to half watching lately but I never took Sara’s comments as victim blaming.   Honestly thought she was saying Trump words made it a perfect storm.   
Find the show not balanced at all right now and they are really missing a conservative view.  I like Anna but she seems not to really represent a conservative view at this point.  
It just seems like four people saying the same thing.   
   Sara point about the Biden/Harris ticket having a better answer for packing the court seemed like it should have made for at least good conversation instead her point was just shut down.  I personally thought the posters here gave better answers then the cohosts lol.  

Anna is a true conservative, she has been involved in Republican politics for years just because she agrees with the panel on certain issues does not mean she is staunch liberal..  Also, there used to be diversity of thoughts and fluidity in both parties back in the day.. Conservative Democrats and Liberal Republicans were common and active in their respective parties.. 

Megan has never been a conservative she just plays one on TV and just regurgitates talking points..

This show was never meant to be a political show, it was supposed to be about women chatting about life over coffee, yes politics would eventually come up but it was not the main issue..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 12
On 10/9/2020 at 6:54 PM, bannana said:

Words matter. Sara has been doing this long enough to know she needs to be more articulate when talking about something so troubling. If Joy had said what she said it would have been news on every right wing media outlet.

On 10/9/2020 at 6:54 PM, bannana said:

Meghan would have definitely said "perfect storm".  She would have said "while I condemn any kidnapping plot (she wouldn't have used the word terrorism) this is what can happen when you try to take away people's freedoms. It was a perfect storm and something about the flag".

On 10/10/2020 at 12:14 PM, pachebo said:

I too am tired of the Sara-bashing.

I am not Sara bashing. I am simply commenting on what I hear and see onscreen.  She has made remarks that seem sympathetic to something she says she is against.   She wouldn't be the first blond on this show to be told what to say while onscreen.

On 10/10/2020 at 12:40 PM, Haleth said:

My criticism isn’t bashing. Sara is a lovely person, very sweet and kind, wanting to be open to all opinions. But on a panel with such outspoken women she seems so vanilla and being non controversial comes across as ill informed. 

Sara IMO comes across as a person who can discuss politics with her friends but is not suited to talking politics with three co hosts (and Whoopi) who are more seasoned in political discussions.   As mentioned by other posters for more light hearted topics she's your gal.

20 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

This show was never meant to be a political show, it was supposed to be about women chatting about life over coffee, yes politics would eventually come up but it was not the main issue..

This show became a political show when politics became breaking news every day. Also when politicians became media savvy.  Back in the day politicians were only interviewed on news networks.  But with social media they were everywhere.  I actually miss the days when I only knew who the elected officials were in my own state.  Jaime Harrison said something Friday that really stood out to me. He quoted Lindsay Graham as saying he wanted to stay relevant.  What happened to politicians wanting to do what is right for their constituents?  

• Love 11
On 10/9/2020 at 1:08 PM, bannana said:

It's interesting that Sara's bizarre comments have not been picked up by the media sites. She is just that inconsequential.

Meghan and her PR people make sure her bizarre comments get wide circulation after every show.  I doubt Sara wants that kind of attention.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Politicians - on both sides of the aisle - never answer hypothetical questions.  That's SOP.  So Joe and Comma-la (hah!) are exactly right not to give an answer.  I don't know why none of the hosts made that point during the court packing discussion.  (And just watch nominee Coney Barrett use that excuse multiple times during her confirmation hearing, although she's not supposed to be a politician, RME).

• Love 1