Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Yeah No said:

She reminded me of Joan Rivers with her classic, "Melissa, you ripped me to shreds" line.

But I guess that's what she gets for insisting on having the baby at home instead of in a hospital where perhaps they may have suggested a C-section.  The price of her fame-whore-dom and putting it all on film for the $$$ and attention.  I've tried to be kind to her but really, it does boil down to this.

A thousand times yes! I try to give her the benefit of the doubt, and I do follow her on instagram, but I am reaching the end of my limit here when yesterday I saw ANOTHER unflattering pic of her in a swim suit proclaiming body positivity. It’s like the 10th one this summer with the exact same message - last baby I never would have done this but but I am going to love myself blah blah blah.....girl, we get it. Enough already!

I hope one day Henley and Hendrix rip her a new one for exploiting the shit out of them for her “career” before they were old enough to understand what was happening to them. Doug is well aware and equally shameless but they don’t have a choice.

• Love 7

I really don't love Jamie, but I say, "go for it!"  If she's making good money with this hosting gig, then great.  Today people who have "straight" jobs have to struggle to make ends meet.  If "Married at First Sight" pays well, then might as well keep that train running.  

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I really don't love Jamie, but I say, "go for it!"  If she's making good money with this hosting gig, then great.  Today people who have "straight" jobs have to struggle to make ends meet.  If "Married at First Sight" pays well, then might as well keep that train running.  

She was a nurse. Maybe if her husband could hold down a job she wouldn't be working overtime (and I do mean overtime - there is a new IG story in my feed every time I open Instagram) at the IG/hosting gig. But I also think it's not so much struggling but wanting to live a champagne life on a beer budget when it's a family of three (now four) living on just a nurse's salary and whatever underemployed job Doug is/was doing this week......Plus, this enables her to mostly stay home with her entire family. But she over-shares. It's too much, up to and including her live birth on Lifetime TV. I don't need to see this woman's bathing suit parts (as my SIL who is a first grade teacher calls them) any more.

• Love 7

Why this needs to be “revealed” as a Today story is beyond me. We know she doesn’t put out regularly anymore unless she wants a baby. 
I admire her hustle though. Someone has to do it because Doug has zero ambition or initiative. He’d still be living at his parents if Jamie wasn’t taking care of the bills. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

She was a nurse. Maybe if her husband could hold down a job she wouldn't be working overtime (and I do mean overtime - there is a new IG story in my feed every time I open Instagram) at the IG/hosting gig. But I also think it's not so much struggling but wanting to live a champagne life on a beer budget when it's a family of three (now four) living on just a nurse's salary and whatever underemployed job Doug is/was doing this week......Plus, this enables her to mostly stay home with her entire family. But she over-shares. It's too much, up to and including her live birth on Lifetime TV. I don't need to see this woman's bathing suit parts (as my SIL who is a first grade teacher calls them) any more.

Maybe but.....how many followers does she have on Instagram?  If people are following her and don't mind her over sharing, then she's going to keep doing it.  That's why a lot of these folks are on Instagram, to constantly over share.   As long as she keeps making money, she'll keep oversharing.  

And if her husband isn't working and has no ambition, I guess she's doing what she has to do.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 7

Why do I get the feeling she just found a convenient excuse not to have sex with Doug?  She was never attracted to him from the start, but he was a convenient means to a number of ends, like money, fame, a career and kids.  Now that she has the kids, she doesn't need the sex anymore.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

Did we need to know her chassis got torn up by the 9 pound baby rumbling through her like the boulder in the opening scenes of the first Indiana Jones....

No, we did not. I always leave these exchanges with copious sympathy for Doug, not Mrs. Overshare, though to be fair he did make his own bed. I *do* respect her overall message, it is just that a little Jamie goes a long way as she comes off as sanctimonious IMO, like every mom was doing everything all wrong until she enlightened us (live birth and all!). 

Here's the thing about Christina pre-plastic surgery or whatever: I thought she was a nice enough looking person, interesting and maybe even a bit exotic from some angles. I feel like it's such a bad idea to get rid of what makes you distinctive in favor of looking like a photoshopped ad — now if she could get integrity or kindness via personality plastic surgery, I'd be all for it. 

Edited by Mrs. Button
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

just a nurse's salary

I don't know what kind of nurse Jamie is/was (Labor and Delivery, I think) but depending on where she worked, what shifts, how often overtime was available and a host of other things, she could be making enough money to support her family in a decent middle class lifestyle. RNs can earn good money, especially if they have additional certifications and some years of experience.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Mrs. Button said:

Here's the thing about Christina pre-plastic surgery or whatever: I thought she was a nice enough looking person, interesting and maybe even a bit exotic from some angles. I feel like it's such a bad idea to get rid of what makes you distinctive in favor of looking like a photoshopped ad — now if she could get integrity or kindness via personality plastic surgery, I'd be all for it. 

I must be in a really shallow and snarky mood lately, but I get why she went for the plastic surgery (if that's what she did).  I personally did not find her very attractive at all, especially for her age.  OK, I'd say she's about of average attractiveness, but not particularly attractive.  I suppose her personality doesn't help, either.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I must be in a really shallow and snarky mood lately, but I get why she went for the plastic surgery (if that's what she did).  I personally did not find her very attractive at all, especially for her age.  OK, I'd say she's about of average attractiveness, but not particularly attractive.  I suppose her personality doesn't help, either.

I felt like her skin was a bit loose for someone her age, hence the double chins, and it made me wonder if she had lost a lot of weight recently.

I think she was moderately attractive but maybe not "tv" attractive. Her personality was my biggest turn off to her.

Also, I think Henry is used to attracting very good looking women. I hated Trichelle but every guy she ran into found her super hot and she went out with Henry (and found him boring).

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I felt like her skin was a bit loose for someone her age, hence the double chins, and it made me wonder if she had lost a lot of weight recently.

I think she was moderately attractive but maybe not "tv" attractive. Her personality was my biggest turn off to her.

Also, I think Henry is used to attracting very good looking women. I hated Trichelle but every guy she ran into found her super hot and she went out with Henry (and found him boring).

I actually thought the double chins might have meant that she gained a bit of weight lately.  Having a chin like that so young doesn't bode well for later on...

Attracting good looking women might actually be a relatively new thing for Henry since (as far as I heard) he lost a lot of weight recently.  He's another one I worry about because given his previous weight plus the way the rest of his brothers and father look, he might not be able to keep the weight off forever.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I would spend the day with ChristinA because she would put down , guzzling a whole bottle of red wine and then I could tiptoe out while she slept it off.

Olivia would be whining, bitching, moaning about Brett the whole time plus I would have to pick up the check.

No Fake Trivia Night or karaoke with her friends either.

I wouldn't mind going to one of Bennett's TV Pole Shine performances with Amelia and Mary.

Or to a crawdad boil with The Randalls.

• Love 2

I would go with Christina. She seems a lot more normal and fun when she's with the girls. Olivia is so quiet and her idea of fun - something competitive - is not mine. I don't want to do an obstacle course or trivia competition or climb a rock wall.

15 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

she could be making enough money to support her family in a decent middle class lifestyle

And here is the problem - did you see the house they were living in in New Jersey???? Not sure she could afford that on just her nurse's salary. Plus, probably long hours and she wants to be with her kids, which I don't begrudge her. I am not sure if they sold the NJ house with their move to Florida or if they kept it AND bought the FL house, but if it's both, she really needs to keep up her Unfiltered gig as well as couples cam.......

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

The article says  - Henry is the king of complaining about Christina to cameras???  Really?  they asked him, he responded, he didn't complain on his own about her.

Her size was not the main problem for Henry. She still would not appeal to him, maybe more so now because she apparently thinks she's hotter than hot with her plastic surgery results.  

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I actually thought the double chins might have meant that she gained a bit of weight lately.  Having a chin like that so young doesn't bode well for later on...

Attracting good looking women might actually be a relatively new thing for Henry since (as far as I heard) he lost a lot of weight recently.  He's another one I worry about because given his previous weight plus the way the rest of his brothers and father look, he might not be able to keep the weight off forever.

Yeah, I rewatched the first couple episodes of the season a few days ago, and Henry really does look a lot like his dad. I fear that this is what his future holds for him. I'm not saying that to be unkind; I actually like Henry. 

• Love 4

'Petite' refers to overall height as well as size, does it not? Henry's major comment on his wedding day (which he said with some dismay, I thought) was, "She's really tall." No plastic surgery or weight reduction in the world is going to make her shorter. Henry has never made a comment about preferring women of a particular weight. I think he mostly didn't want someone who's the same height as he is. Which ChristinA is.

(Long ago, I worked in the Petites section of a department store. 'Petite' was defined as women who were 5 ft 4 or under, but the petite sizes ran up to size 16.)

Edited by TheMediumBopper
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, TheMediumBopper said:

Yeah, I rewatched the first couple episodes of the season a few days ago, and Henry really does look a lot like his dad. I fear that this is what his future holds for him. I'm not saying that to be unkind; I actually like Henry. 

Interesting. Henry's dad was so unlike him in looks and personality that I wondered if he was adopted. Of course, genes can be funny...you do not necessarily have to look alike to be related.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Interesting. Henry's dad was so unlike him in looks and personality that I wondered if he was adopted. Of course, genes can be funny...you do not necessarily have to look alike to be related.

Not Haha funny but funny like a sad clown....

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

And here is the problem - did you see the house they were living in in New Jersey???? Not sure she could afford that on just her nurse's salary. Plus, probably long hours and she wants to be with her kids, which I don't begrudge her. I am not sure if they sold the NJ house with their move to Florida or if they kept it AND bought the FL house, but if it's both, she really needs to keep up her Unfiltered gig as well as couples cam.......

I live in NJ.  My husband is an ICU nurse in Philadelphia. I am a stay at home parent to our grandchild that we are raising. I was a stay at home parent to my children most of the time. We do just fine ... and not bragging but our house is probably several hundred square feet larger than Jamie and dougs. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

ttps://twitter.com/MAFSLifetime/status/1311078304041009152?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Bennett reunites with an ex room mate Yoop. Molly does a tarot card reading.Molly is annoying and her jealousy is thinly veiled.

Half expected Molls to pull out a Amelia voodoo doll and start piercing it with long needles....

Ben looks like he is luxuriating his top knot locks with mayo.... his high mini bun needs a lace rag like ChristinA's to set off his Cowboy shirt

• LOL 3
46 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/watch-married-first-sight-bennett-130000149.html

This warmed a spot on my cold black dead heart....

https://www.tvinsider.com/951280/married-at-first-sight-season-11-brett-olivia-preview/

Why Olivia...why?

Olivia paranoid much?

She loved getting thrown in those big strong arms  like a sack of flour....ChristinA would get all gooey inside if Henry did that....

What! She's complaining because he's NICER when the cameras are gone???? Huh??? Usually it's the opposite. I don't get her!

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

What! She's complaining because he's NICER when the cameras are gone???? Huh??? Usually it's the opposite. I don't get her!

She comes off sounding like a lunatic because it is hard to convince the "expert" Brett's behaviors are different when the camera crew is gone...they have spy cams looking in on them on the couch 24/7...the sneaky bastard acts authentic, real and genuine in the rest of the apartment off camera...alert the authorities...how dare he be charming and affectionate

Olivia is Elizabeth Moss in The Invisible Man.....but not at the end of the movie....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 2

What is WRONG with Olivia? If Brett is nicer to her without the cameras, then what is her problem - that should be the REAL Brett? The cameras are going away soon, so she should just be happy that the nice guy will be left. Judging from the camera scenes with them on the couch (that must be the nice conversation they mentioned last week), he certainly gave her an indication that he wanted to get physical by telling her to kiss him, but those little pecks sure won't start any fires. I think Brett IS really trying. It is just that nothing makes her happy, at least not from him.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

What is WRONG with Olivia? If Brett is nicer to her without the cameras, then what is her problem - that should be the REAL Brett? The cameras are going away soon, so she should just be happy that the nice guy will be left. Judging from the camera scenes with them on the couch (that must be the nice conversation they mentioned last week), he certainly gave her an indication that he wanted to get physical by telling her to kiss him, but those little pecks sure won't start any fires. I think Brett IS really trying. It is just that nothing makes her happy, at least not from him.

Brett and Olivia might be one of the worst matches ever and considering this show's track record....that is kind of impressive.

I think they are up there with Brandon/Taylor, Amber/Matt, and maybe even Mia/Tristan.

• Love 6

Unanimous among my MAFS gal pal Zoomers...

Getting picked up like you weigh a feather.... gets their motors running hot...Olivia is dead inside....

She's the one that catches herself from acting real on spy camera....

Brett asking for kisses....one gal pal said that if Brett had gently bit Olivia's lip to deepen the kiss then cue the Barry White soundtrack....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

I think it fits right in with her personality of everything being for show. If we, the viewers, don't get to see how smitten he is with her so she can strut around like she's all that, it's of little value to her. No one can see it when they are off camera so to her it doesn't count. She is all about appearances. Good Lord, she's impossible. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Getting picked up like you weigh a feather.... gets their motors running hot...Olivia is dead inside....

Brett asking for kisses....one gal pal said that if Brett had gently bit Olivia's lip to deepen the kiss then cue the Barry White soundtrack....

It looks like Brett had plenty of female admirers before the show and he certainly will not lack for any after the show is over.

My two cents:

Olivia has totally lost her attraction for Brett. She now has less physical attraction for him now then Karen has for Miles.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

I just don't think Olivia would be open to that.  It was nice to hear Barry White's band and remember relaxing with someone that I had chemistry with.  Olivia would want to have a discussion and not just try to relax. Maybe if she heard Barry's voice.  Does Little Wayne have a song that could get you in the mood?

I am throwing out my theory to why Brett jumped ship...

Olivia will still be working at the medical center so to protect himself, he is isolating himself from her at his house.

Camera crew and field producer gone, husband gone.

Wonder if Bennett will do the same.

Dr. Amelia will be working and Bennett is at risk if she brings it home.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Amelia is not working right now, is she? She is waiting for her residency, I think. Unless she Is an intern someplace in NOLA. I just got the impression that she wasn't currently working.

Since Mardi Gras was celebrated Louisiana became the second hot spot for Covid at the end of March...

Can expect Dr. Amelia will be recruited to lend a hand at the clinics as things heated up.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Since Mardi Gras was celebrated Louisiana became the second hot spot for Covid at the end of March...

Can expect Dr. Amelia will be recruited to lend a hand at the clinics as things heated up.

Maybe not. As a new MD graduate, she won't have had much clinical experience and I'm not sure at what point she takes licensing exams. Being so greet, even if well-intentioned, she and other new docs might be more effort than they are worth in a crisis.

• Useful 1
8 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

I am throwing out my theory to why Brett jumped ship...

Olivia will still be working at the medical center so to protect himself, he is isolating himself from her at his house.

Camera crew and field producer gone, husband gone.

Wonder if Bennett will do the same.

Dr. Amelia will be working and Bennett is at risk if she brings it home.

I thought the same thing seeing the previews that Brett would go home instead of expose himself to the Covid virus. Could even be more likely that Olivia was going back to her apartment so that she would have a quick commute during the Covid crisis where I could understand about the commute.  So if Olivia won't be at the apartment, Brett would go to his house.  Editing drama.  

7 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Amelia is not working right now, is she? She is waiting for her residency, I think. Unless she Is an intern someplace in NOLA. I just got the impression that she wasn't currently working.

Amelia was not working during the time that we are seeing. She had completed her studies early.  Rotations always start July 1 so she would have begun her internship/residency on that day and apparently not in NOLA.  The 8 weeks would have been over.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Booger666 said:

My guide says the 10/14 unfiltered ep is “Calling it Quits”.  wonder if that is what Brett does and why Cal is pissed at him.

Brett should leave and just marry his cat and hopefully that'll be the only kitty he'll ever touch.  😸

• Love 3

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/tv/reality-tv/jaclyn-schwartzberg-from-mafs-season-6-is-married-mia-bally-wishes-the-happy-couple-congratulations/

Mazel Tov to Jaclyn and second huzzy, Dane!

Could do without Mia's fugly face looming over London....

https://www.realitytvworld.com/news/married-at-first-sight-star-jaclyn-schwartzberg-has-re-married-28390.php

Yay for Jacklyn. Wonder if any MAFS cast from her season were invited.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 8
On 9/29/2020 at 6:03 PM, TheMediumBopper said:

'Petite' refers to overall height as well as size, does it not? Henry's major comment on his wedding day (which he said with some dismay, I thought) was, "She's really tall." No plastic surgery or weight reduction in the world is going to make her shorter. Henry has never made a comment about preferring women of a particular weight. I think he mostly didn't want someone who's the same height as he is. Which ChristinA is.

(Long ago, I worked in the Petites section of a department store. 'Petite' was defined as women who were 5 ft 4 or under, but the petite sizes ran up to size 16.)

I always took petite to mean small in height and weight . Like I wouldn’t call a short woman who is on the heavier side “ petite .” Just doesn’t seem to fit the word . But I guess it’s more relative to height than weight . 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I always took petite to mean small in height and weight . Like I wouldn’t call a short woman who is on the heavier side “ petite .” Just doesn’t seem to fit the word . But I guess it’s more relative to height than weight . 

Perhaps Henry is using the wrong word. He is saying petite but what he means is dainty.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4