Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

She also needs to work on herself because she wants to be a trophy wife, but she’s not trophy wife  material.  

At one point Noi described herself as a hustler and there is absolutely nothing hustler/go-getter about her, in my opinion. 

• Like 6
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I’ve been there, done that with the spouse’s self employment income being zero. And I was ok  with it.  However, I was also aware of and ok with the fact that I was therefore the income  that was providing for all our household bills, personal expenses  etc.  we had a common goal for that business and we did it together.  

Noi didn’t want to be the person paying all the household bills, etc.   She didn’t want to be part of a non income producing business.  Steve told her he had savings, which he apparently ran out of.  He told her that he could provide for her.   You simply cannot provide for someone else if your income is 0- even if part of your business deductions are home  office type deductions.  You don’t get to claim your entire apartment rent or mortgage, utilities, etc. plus if he claimed his filming income as part of his business income, then his actual business  operated at a loss.  

Steve strikes me as a passive type B personality.  That’s ok- everyone is different.  However he needs to be with someone that is a type A and wants a marriage with a Type B.  That does not describe Noi.  

Noi has a lot of issues too.  She’s got to stop using public social media to discuss her personal life now that filming and the marriage  is over and the divorce has been announced.   She’s not posting to friends and family.  She’s posting to strangers.  She also needs to work on herself because she wants to be a trophy wife, but she’s not trophy wife  material.  

I think you just addressed the elephant in the room.

A trophy-wife wannabe should never have been matched with a guy who does not want to spend all of his time in pursuit of the all-mighty dollar.

• Love 6

Sidenote. Recently saw boring Houston Ryan on Bumble. Gotta be extra critical of people on tv & it's basic & boring. Just like him & so many others. Also saw Dallas Dave for the 2nd time. I think I last saw his profile before the pandemic. 😅 Anyway. They're unimpressive, just like on the show. 🤪

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Lindz said:

Sidenote. Recently saw boring Houston Ryan on Bumble. Gotta be extra critical of people on tv & it's basic & boring. Just like him & so many others. Also saw Dallas Dave for the 2nd time. I think I last saw his profile before the pandemic. 😅 Anyway. They're unimpressive, just like on the show. 🤪

Aw, come on, Lindz. Take your shot. For the team. I want to know what it's like to date MAFS most boring husbands ever.

• LOL 8
(edited)
47 minutes ago, kikicat said:

Aw, come on, Lindz. Take your shot. For the team. I want to know what it's like to date MAFS most boring husbands ever.

Ew. I can't. Not only because he's so boring. He's probably the typical type that just wants to look at nice pics and get attention for 5 minutes. 🤣 I live in Vegas, btw, so ya know tourists like him aren't really using those apps for dates. 😉🥴

Edited by Lindz
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 7/13/2022 at 11:22 PM, Lindz said:

Ew. I can't. Not only because he's so boring. He's probably the typical type that just wants to look at nice pics and get attention for 5 minutes. 🤣 I live in Vegas, btw, so ya know tourists like him aren't really using those apps for dates. 😉🥴

Was I asking too much of you? 🤣 Date not mate!

• LOL 3

Tea time, courtesy of MAFS Fan:

The weddings were held between Feb 1-5

The honeymoon takes place in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico at the Grand Palladium (looks nice! Myrla will be jealous)

Lindy and Miguel are the first to consummate the marriage

3 out of the 5 couples say yes on Decision Day - make your guesses now :)

One couple does NOT make it to Decision Day - place your bets, fellow snarkers! 

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, gingerandcloves said:

Haha, now there's a surprise!  I guess you have to watch out for those shy, sheltered religious types, LOL.

28 minutes ago, gingerandcloves said:

3 out of the 5 couples say yes on Decision Day - make your guesses now :)

One couple does NOT make it to Decision Day - place your bets, fellow snarkers! 

The couple that doesn't make it to DD - Morgan and Binh.

The couple that says "no" on DD - Krysten and Mitch?  Not sure about that one but right now that looks the most likely one to me.

• Like 1
  • Love 9
On 7/11/2022 at 2:11 PM, gingerandcloves said:

Seriously, Noi? Now you're just being petty and lying to make Steve look like the bad guy.

Screenshot_2022-07-11-11-07-59-981~2.jpg

They didn’t have to file jointly. How do I know she was telling the truth?

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 7/20/2022 at 8:12 PM, gingerandcloves said:

Wow! I would have lost that bet - my money was on Alexis and Justin! I think the sure thing yesses on DD are Stacia and Nate and Lindy and Miguel. The rest are a toss up for me.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

As of now, I think Yes on decision day will be Lindy and Miguel.  I think everyone else will be at least one no per  couple.   It’s a toss up to me whether it’s Mitch and Krysten or Morgan and Binh that end before  decision day 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

As of now, I think Yes on decision day will be Lindy and Miguel.  I think everyone else will be at least one no per  couple.   It’s a toss up to me whether it’s Mitch and Krysten or Morgan and Binh that end before  decision day 

It's a totally uninformed guess, but I'd say Morgan and Binh split before D-Day. I think it's just going to be too difficult for anyone not as frugal as he is to imagine a future with him. But I also think Mitch is very prickly and difficult to live with, so a pre-D-day split for him wouldn't surprise me either.

• Love 7

Ready for some more spoilers? Here we go:

Decision Day:

Stacia and Nate - Yes

Lindy and Miguel - Yes

Alexis and Justin - Yes

Krysten and Mitch - Possibly yes? (This would surprise me, tbh)

Morgan and Binh - No (This is the couple that supposedly splits up prior to Decision Day)

Current Status:

Stacia and Nate - still together

Lindy and Miguel - still together

Alexis and Justin - not together

Krysten and Mitch - not together

Morgan and Binh - obvs not together

These spoilers are all courtesy of MAFS Fan, and may or may not be accurate but this is to the best of her knowledge. People have definitely seen Stacia and Nate out and about together so they are for sure still a couple. Also, someone who lived in the same apartment building as Justin said he was definitely NOT celibate prior to the wedding (haha, omg).

• Useful 5
  • LOL 4

Few obversations.  Krysten so much prettier without make up. Has a really fresh look.  Some red flags re Mitch.  Can be hurtful.  My sense is defensive. We’ll see 

Miguel not going to be easy for Lindsey.  I’m feeling for her already.  He’s coming across Judgmental and a little self absorbed.  

Love all the other couples so far.  

• Love 2
On 7/27/2022 at 11:34 PM, gingerandcloves said:

Ready for some more spoilers? Here we go:

Decision Day:

Stacia and Nate - Yes

Lindy and Miguel - Yes

Alexis and Justin - Yes

Krysten and Mitch - Possibly yes? (This would surprise me, tbh)

Morgan and Binh - No (This is the couple that supposedly splits up prior to Decision Day)

Current Status:

Stacia and Nate - still together

Lindy and Miguel - still together

Krysten and Mitch - not together

Morgan and Binh - obvs not together

These spoilers are all courtesy of MAFS Fan, and may or may not be accurate but this is to the best of her knowledge. People have definitely seen Stacia and Nate out and about together so they are for sure still a couple. Also, someone who lived in the same apartment building as Justin said he was definitely NOT celibate prior to the wedding (haha, omg).

Thanks so much for bringing those over.  For some reason, which I could never verbalize, I'm someone who enjoys the show more when I know this.  It's sort of a shame that if they actually tried to match people they could have much better results. But as long as this has been on, if any of these people still think that's what's happening, I sort of think it's on them.   

• Love 6

She just needs to cut the bs and go find a sugar daddy on one or those websites. Hell, she’s probably got a profile up as we speak.  She’s totally a gold digger. I wonder why her overseas paramours didn’t work out? Guess they couldn’t be fooled either.  

• Love 2

Oh lord, I saw on Instagram Mafsfan was sharing a post from Clara and Virginia - they were announcing a joint Bumble account and listing their requirements for anyone that would like to hook up with them. Both looked very drunk, and Virginia being true to form, clapping back at some comments there. Hot messes, both of them....

If anyone knows how to add a link, it's pretty entertaining.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

I just saw that Season 17 of MAFS is going to be in Denver, Colorado. I know some people were wishing they would go to Colorado, so I guess they heard you. They are casting right now.

Ooh. I am from Denver (and moved back here during the pandemic) and am single, but will not be applying, lol. But it will be fun to see a place I know.

• Love 3
On 7/27/2022 at 11:34 PM, gingerandcloves said:

This wouldn't surprise me.  On the last Afterparty Alexis was all about Justin not being her type and gave off the distinct impression that things didn't go as well as they seemed to in the beginning.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

On one of the shows that had previews they showed a scene with Mitch saying that he and Krysten had sex and Dr. Cal was thrilled. I wonder if she took a page out of Paige's book where she thought that if she slept with him, he might be attracted to her? Or, maybe Mitch took that idea from the ever- horrible Chris. Either way, MISTAKE and disgusting.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

Two small bits of tea: one is that parts of Binh and Morgan's wedding had to be reshot up to 10 times, no idea why. Maybe we'll find out after the show is over. The other is that *allegedly* Morgan lied about something when applying to the show, but later confessed it to Binh, who then spilled the beans. Don't know what it's about. Any guesses?

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

The other is that *allegedly* Morgan lied about something when applying to the show, but later confessed it to Binh, who then spilled the beans. Don't know what it's about. Any guesses?

Ooh. No idea but that gels with the clips showing her telling Binh that he broke her trust by sharing the "one thing she wanted to keep private." Prior marriage, maybe? But then wouldn't even a rudimentary background check turn that up?

• Like 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

But then wouldn't even a rudimentary background check turn that up?

For a show that cared, yes. Same with Nate's bankruptcy. It looks like next week we will see the secret that was spilled. I wonder if this breaks them up or if there will be more later. I also think that one person NOT wanting children when the person they have been matched with DEFINITELY DOES would be grounds for an annulment. Again, the show doesn't care about that.

We haven't heard yet how many pet parents are matched with pet haters. I think it was maybe Mitch who said that he is now a cat dad? 

• Love 2
On 8/3/2022 at 11:07 PM, gingerandcloves said:

Two small bits of tea: one is that parts of Binh and Morgan's wedding had to be reshot up to 10 times, no idea why. Maybe we'll find out after the show is over. The other is that *allegedly* Morgan lied about something when applying to the show, but later confessed it to Binh, who then spilled the beans. Don't know what it's about. Any guesses?

Quoting myself to update that the reshoots were due to technical difficulties with the equipment, not the participants. 

• Useful 7

Question: regarding Stacia asking Nate for a post-nuptial agreement. My understanding is they all sign pre-nups saying if they decide to divorce after the 8 weeks, each party leaves with what they came with. Fine, fine. So, I think Stacia is looking for an agreement from Nate for after the 8 weeks assuming they decide to stay together. 

The bankruptcy, his nonchalant 'it will be resolved in 6 months' 🙄, & his 'You don't trust ya boy?' comments didn't help his case.

Any thoughts?

• Love 4
On 8/8/2022 at 2:27 AM, NowVoyager said:

Question: regarding Stacia asking Nate for a post-nuptial agreement. My understanding is they all sign pre-nups saying if they decide to divorce after the 8 weeks, each party leaves with what they came with. Fine, fine. So, I think Stacia is looking for an agreement from Nate for after the 8 weeks assuming they decide to stay together. 

The bankruptcy, his nonchalant 'it will be resolved in 6 months' 🙄, & his 'You don't trust ya boy?' comments didn't help his case.

Any thoughts?

If any of them decide to say "yes" on Decision Day, they would be smart to consider this. And yes, his bankruptcy and flip comments shouldn't have helped (whether they did or not of course is up to her).

• Love 1

Just watched the preview for tomorrow's episode. Looks like the drama happens between Binh and Morgan when Morgan takes Binh aside and tells him that she has one course left to take in her BSN program and she isn't actually a nurse yet (I guess she lied to the experts about this). Morgan tells Binh not to tell anyone, but he confides in Justin, who then tells Alexis. Morgan gets mad because she says she trusted Binh and now he's broken her trust.

Ugh, I don't know why Morgan lied about something so trivial, but it's wrong of her to ask Binh to keep it a secret. I do see some yellow flags with Binh though, because is he the type to tell everyone about their private business? That just seems wrong to me. Why didn't he just hash it out with Morgan and get her to fess up?

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, gingerandcloves said:

Just watched the preview for tomorrow's episode. Looks like the drama happens between Binh and Morgan when Morgan takes Binh aside and tells him that she has one course left to take in her BSN program and she isn't actually a nurse yet (I guess she lied to the experts about this). Morgan tells Binh not to tell anyone, but he confides in Justin, who then tells Alexis. Morgan gets mad because she says she trusted Binh and now he's broken her trust.

Ugh, I don't know why Morgan lied about something so trivial, but it's wrong of her to ask Binh to keep it a secret. I do see some yellow flags with Binh though, because is he the type to tell everyone about their private business? That just seems wrong to me. Why didn't he just hash it out with Morgan and get her to fess up?

Huh. You can be a nurse without a BSN (which is a four-year bachelor's degree). She could have an associate's degree and still be a registered nurse. I don't get why it's a big secret unless she is lying to her employers (as I believe BSNs typically earn higher salaries). Any reputable employer would have verified her degree though, in addition to her license.

Sounds like manufactured drama...

• Like 5
  • Love 4
On 8/7/2022 at 11:27 PM, NowVoyager said:

Any thoughts?

Under CA law, any property you have before the marriage is your separate property, and remain yours after divorce.  In other words you leave with what you came with, regardless of whether you have a pre/post-nup.  Without a prenup, anything earned during the marriage is joint - I'm assuming both spouses get paid the same by the show so that is likely a wash.  So for the 8 week marriage what's really at stake is how/if they are compensated from their "regular" jobs during filming, and all that instagram money they make after /s

A pre/post-nup can also specify spousal support.  But in CA generally for marriages less than 10 years, if support is awarded it is for 1/2 the length of the marriage.

So, a pre/post-nup doesn't hurt, but I think in most of these cases isn't actually necessary and you would end up with pretty much the same result regardless.

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, Emma Snyder said:

Yes, but it sounds like she is in a BSN program & she lied about having finished it.

That's bad. Also sort of pointless unless she lied about it to her employers - then it's bad but with an end game...

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

That's bad. Also sort of pointless unless she lied about it to her employers - then it's bad but with an end game...

Not that I know anything, of course, but I'm betting she lied to the show, I'd think (at least I'd hope) it would be a lot harder to lie to an employer, especially if she's lying about credentials.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Emma Snyder said:

Not that I know anything, of course, but I'm betting she lied to the show, I'd think (at least I'd hope) it would be a lot harder to lie to an employer, especially if she's lying about credentials.

Especially a healthcare provider! I guess we will find out tomorrow...

• Love 2

I think Morgan not being honest about where she is in terms of education/career is an indicator of "what other lies is she telling?"  Being one course short of a degree is not a big deal unless one dropped out of the program entirely, so why lie about it?  I have interacted with people who have dropped out right before receiving their degree/graduation (including some of my own family members) and in a nursing program this would be huge (and there is a big difference between a LVN program and a RN program).  Again, though, if one so easily misrepresents minor issues, what will happen with bigger issues?

• Love 5

Maybe on MAFS they won't accept applicants who are still in school so she lied to get on the show? Other than that, I agree, why lie about something like that? It really does make one wonder what else is she not being honest about.

10 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I think Morgan not being honest about where she is in terms of education/career is an indicator of "what other lies is she telling?"  Being one course short of a degree is not a big deal unless one dropped out of the program entirely, so why lie about it?  I have interacted with people who have dropped out right before receiving their degree/graduation (including some of my own family members) and in a nursing program this would be huge (and there is a big difference between a LVN program and a RN program).  Again, though, if one so easily misrepresents minor issues, what will happen with bigger issues?

She's only short one course for her Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree. HOWEVER,  she IS a registered nurse and has worked as one for quite some time. She wasn't being dishonest about that. In NY one can become a registered nurse after completing a 2 year course of study which confers an Associate's degree. However, downstate where I live, it's extremely difficult to get  hospital employment as a RN without that BSN. My son's ex-girlfriend was a RN after getting her Associate's degree in Ohio. She was unable to get a job as a registered nurse in NY. After she moved to Texas, she was immediately able to get a job as a registered nurse, with that same Associate's degree.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3