Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E24: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

The drama continues when Dorinda calls out Ramona for not supporting her; Dorinda becomes emotional as she defends herself against accusations that she has an issue with controlling her anger; the ladies attempt to end the reunion on a high note.

Airs September 24, 2020.

1 minute ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Oh God, SHUT. UP. Sonja! Stop trying to be Dorinda's empathy translator. 

I feel like the main reason Sonja does that is to jump on the band wagon. Notice how often she interjects to say that Ramona actually did X, Y, or Z to both of them? It's just Sonja's way of making it about herself.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 18

I'm still not hearing any real explanation why Dorinda was so fragile.  Obviously, the real reason she was angry wasn't because of Bluestone Manor but because of the situation with John and Scott. But her whole attempt to play a wounded fragile bird is such bs. 

ETA: She's so gross. "Oh, I feel bad about Lu and Leah but because I am miserable narcissist, I can't just admit I'm miserable, so I'm still blaming Ramona for my miserable behavior."

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • LOL 1
  • Love 22
5 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I think it was Bethenny that Ramona sat with and checked in on the season Bethenny was bleeding on pillows.  (Sorry, but she was). I think Bethenny had some procedure and Ramona was really there for her.

Yeah, I remember that happening in the show, but what I was thinking about were these comments from Carole:

Carole revealed she only remains on speaking terms with one — Ramona Singer, whom she says ‘knows how to maintain friendships.’

“Ramona keeps in touch. Ramona, I’ll be honest, she’s a very good girlfriend,” Carole explained during a separate interview with Us Weekly. “There’s a reason why she has 25 really close girlfriends that she’s accumulated.  She knows how to create and maintain friendships. So that’s a friendship that I’m sure I’ll see outside the show. That’s about it. I haven’t really talked to any of the … I’m not close to any of the other girls.”

• Useful 9
  • Love 10

This is the only franchise I miss when they aren’t on. As much as they act like psycho’s they always seem to end up being friends. I won’t miss Dorinda at all and I know this is not a popular opinion but I wish they’d bring Bethenny back. She’s on WWHL now and she looks great. 

• Love 12

So to sum up, despite what Andy said: nothing was accomplished, nobody is changing to better themselves or stop with such shitty behaviour, and everyone will continue on in the same manner (except Dorinda because she got shit canned). Good talk. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 11

I'm thinking this was the most boring reunion I've ever viewed.  Nothing stands out as far as content.  Ramona's hair might be the star, in all its hideousness.

Sonja dropping that townhouse by +/- $2 million bux tells me that she needs some liquidity.  She's always been very hard-headed about that real estate.

To me, there was zero evidence that the Dorinda termination was even on her radar at the time of this filming.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 23

To me, there was zero evidence that the Dorinda termination was even on her radar at the time of this filming.

Has this been confirmed by Bravo though? The Magical Elves don't usually make someone who is going out the door look all that good at the reunions. /Denise from RHOBH

• Love 2
1 minute ago, WaltersHair said:

Has this been confirmed by Bravo though? The Magical Elves don't usually make someone who is going out the door look all that good at the reunions. /Denise from RHOBH

Has what been confirmed?  She herself announced that her time on RHONY was dunzo.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Lol, I thought that when Dorinda was crying her crocodile tears that Ramona was reaching for tissues and she was reaching for texts.  As if Dorinda would have any more of a compassionate response to anyone else.  And why should Ramona’s textual evidence get in the way of Dorinda’s fictional narrative that Ramona turned her back on her.  

The fact that Ramona reached out via text to Dorinda the day after the party in her apartment when Dorinda and Sonja showed up and tag-teamed Ramona with schadenfreude and fat-shaming in her own home speaks volumes.  

Andy is completely right that Dorinda had a double standard for herself and Tinsley.  I thought that before Andy even asked it.  When Dorinda was talking about the pain she was in from Blue Stone Manor, the rib, the dog dying and John, the only thing she put on camera that would have been satisfactory if Tinsley were dealing with it would have BSM, which she documented at length.  The John thing was really treated as a Scott thing, as in, Dorinda would put 15% of it on camera to avoid the other 85.  As far as Lucy dying and Dorinda’s broken rib, I’m sorry, but if it were Tinsley who was complaining about how these things affected how she acted on the show, Dorinda would be wondering aloud and aggressively why Tinsley didn’t film any scenes with Lucy’s ashes or going to the doctor to see about her rib.  This is not a sympathetic statement toward Tinsley per se; it’s a critique of Dorinda’s hypocrisy.  

Sonja, as they showed in the flashback to Bethenny calling out her cheater brand, just has Stockholm Syndrome with Dorinda the way she does with any strong personality.  Sonja does not possess the mental health to be a force to be reckoned with—she speaks about the past as if it is the present, which means there’s something really wrong—so when it’s time to take a stand, she just rolls over and plays dead.  Sonja doesn’t know whether she’s coming or going.  How is she supposed to stick up for herself?  And that’s an argument as to why Sonja should be off the show, not an argument that anyone should feel any sympathy for Sonja at any time.  

Dorinda thinks she probably should have took off the season.  <slow, thoughtful nod>

I was just as disappointed in the reunion as I was with the season.  No packages about the individual vacations or fights, almost zero attention paid to Luann, but tons of time for Dorinda, Leah and Sonja of all people.  

I was also listening carefully and over the course of three 44-minute segments, Andy did not ask one question 

• to Dorinda about the Vivienne Tam Mao skirt and why she thought it was “gangstery” to wear a genocidal dictator’s picture on her person (if it was a statement against Mao, that could have been cleared up within 30 seconds between the question and the answer) and;
  • to Leah about why she made negative statements about “white people” on two consecutive episodes

41B34BB6-00EB-496B-BBA0-45E48FCA3F8D.gif.89c6194e0ffbbb928f194ec0d096a057.gif

I hate these people.  And yet I watch.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 14

Dorinda really poured on the "woe is me" act at the reunion.  I hate that she had personal problems and that her home flooded, but damn, that's still no excuse for some of the behavior we saw.  I thought it was extremely rude that she kept looking past Ramona and apologizing to LuAnn, but pretty much cast Ramona aside.  I'm not saying that Ramona is a saint, but I've mentioned it during the season that Ramona was just trying to help her, but Dorinda was too much of an ass to listen to her. 

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 23

I think it HAS been admitted by Bravo that Doah-rinda has gotten the boot.  And I agree that while this boring piece of ugly rug collection reunion, Doah-rinda had NO CLUE she was about to hit the door.  I think she thought if she just said, "Oh, I had a bad year because blah..blah..blah.." and did the wounded bird thing; she'd bee GOOD TO GO.

Well, see there?  She WAS good to go! Buh-bye. CYA!

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

They seemed to have resolved their issues like this group usually do. Wonder why Dorinda decided to leave/ got fired. 

Very interesting on WWHL tonight when Bethenny made a reference to Dorinda not being asked to return and Andy said nothing about her phrasing of the situation.  Sounds to me like it was not Dorinda's decision. 

Edited by ichbin
added word "nothing"
  • Useful 3
  • Love 11

Tinsly is the only one coming out of this whole shit show season and reunion looking good lol she grew a pair stood her ground and got out... these others are still wallowing in shit and are just flinging it trying to make the others look worse... see I’m not has bad as her ...see she’s worse ..... run Tinsly run and be free 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • LOL 2
  • Love 20