Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E24: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

How about next reunion they just tie Ramona to a stake and give each of her cast mates the torture weapon of their choice while Andy shouts out whose turn it is next to have at her.  I find Ramona outrageous but amusing and feel she has more than earned her place in this franchise, but I'm beginning to feel she should leave solely because she has been relegated to be the RHoNY punching bag. She has done nothing so heinous that she is deserving of the constant attacks.  Sonja has been a duplicitous cow throughout the season but doesn't get called on it.  Dorinda was asked some pointed questions but her feet weren't exactly held to the fire despite her horrendous behavior.  

One of the biggest bits of pettiness was Leah insisting that Ramona had fake designer bags and Sonja claiming she bought them in Chinatown.  

Reminds me, somewhere in my closet is a black quilted Chanel bag that I bought years ago in a back room operation when I was living in Asia. I  had to wait while they applied the metal logo.  Seriously back room where the door was hidden behind a wall of displayed goods in a shop and you had to be referred by someone to get in there because the country it was in frowned upon that sort of thing.  It looked pretty good, but I never used it.

• Love 19

I think Leah is really going to miss Dorinda next season because her disgusting behavior will be on full display.  This year when she’d do something gross, Dorinda would do something more outrageous and the focus would shift to her.  Next year it won’t shift to Dorinda and Sonja is becoming increasingly irrelevant.

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Also, I would say her screaming at Leah for daring to mention Tinsley was hitting below the belt to both Leah and Tinsley.

And, outing the fact that Leah and Tinsley weren't "actual" friends until Leah was signed on for the show (Even though most viewers are smart enough to realize that).  Dorinda didn't just break the fourth wall, she took a sledge hammer to it, decimated it and only left drywall dust.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, ichbin said:

One of the biggest bits of pettiness was Leah insisting that Ramona had fake designer bags and Sonja claiming she bought them in Chinatown.  

Oh, I’ll be petty 🙋🏼‍♀️ Half of Bethenny’s Birkins are fake. This is from her IG stories two summers ago and it’s so grossly fake I have secondhand embarrassment 😬

384C9CB2-5D91-43EB-AA97-FC9EA4DBD63C.jpeg

• Useful 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I wish they’d bring Bethenny back. She’s on WWHL now and she looks great. 

I think, being 10 feet away from the camera, with the best lighting, makeup, hair and plastic surgery, we’d all look great.  Candiace Dillard from RH of Potomac was on last week, and she looked like a freaking supermodel.  Completely unrecognizable.

I think Bethenny has aged horribly when she’s in any light that’s not her own, her voice sounds like a fog horn, and, for me, the cure to wondering whether this season would have been better if Bethenny had stayed on (which I’ve wondered much more than I’d like to admit) is for her to be on my screen for 30 blabbing seconds about useless shit.

Irony of ironies, Bethenny has become a caricature of Jill.  She is so manic and hyper and I think the only reason she’s sticking with Dorinda is because it makes her feel comfortable to have dominion over someone’s life, and that’s why she can’t seem to stay married (and why she’s been trying to get divorced for eight years—she can’t compromise).

My husband asked me, “what is wrong with her?” And I just said she needs medication for pressured speech.  Her podcast is going to be traumatic for those brave enough to listen.  Silence is no longer golden, it is now platinum. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 19
3 hours ago, chewycandy said:

I liked Sonja’s life is a circle. Lol 

I made my poor mom watch and she was nodding her head and repeated that like, see things will go up.  I started laughing hysterically and said, if you knew Sonja you’d be laughing at that too.  She’s crazy but she’s essentially harmless.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Dorinda will use Richard as a crutch and excuse till the day she drops ... she will never take responsibility for her own actions.. it’s a convenient out for her... she would have been in therapy years and years ago if she was really that emotionally wrecked over his death and working through it.  not on a reality show lashing out at people and reveling in it. She likes the attention she gets from it the poor widow to much to actually want to get real help ... plus she can be nasty and say it’s not me it’s Richard 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 19

Have any of Dorinda's friends from her pre- Housewives days ever commented on Dorinda?  Coming to her defense by saying that Richard's death so traumatized her that she changed from a happy well adjusted woman to someone with a lot of emotional problems. She never mentions anyone but the Clintons. And I doubt that they were personal friends. I would love to hear from people who knew her while she was married to Richard.  Seems like everyone tiptoes around her and covers up her drinking and anger issues. Even Bethenny walked back calling her a drunk. They are all guilty of enabling Dorinda. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
9 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I wish Andy had pressed Dorinda more about her breakup with John, for no other reason than the inordinate amount of shiat she gave Tinsley for not being up front about her relationship with Scott. I wanted him to ask when they broke up -was it before the season began filming? and did it have any(every) thing to do with John "running game behind [Dorinda's] back? 

Be TRANSPARENT BEEEEE TRANSPARENT BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TRANSPARENT... but only if you are Tinsly if you are Dorinda do it off camera... Dorinda is such a hypocrite 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 23
1 minute ago, SweetieDarling said:

I'm not an expert in the psychology of an abuser, but I watch a lot of ID Channel: Dorinda seems to have exhibited behaviors common to abusers.

Ramona said she had Dorinda over for drinks, Doris got nasty and said "some very hurtful things" ; the next day, Doris apologized, and had made her a playlist (mix-tape?). And after treating her horribly at the Halloween party, sent an apologetic text the next day to the effect of "I don't like fighting, let's move on".

Isn't that what abusers do? Show alleged remorse after the fact, and offer gifts or something to make amends for their behavior, which, by the way, wasn't their fault: it was because of something someone else said/did that MADE her. 

Battered spouses get this a lot ... you don't have to be hit to be a battered spouse mental abuse is also a form of abuse  ......Yes they apologize and say they wont do it again and shower the person with love and affection ... then do it again and again and again .. once they know how to work you and you will accept it it just becomes a pattern ..... Its sick

• Love 7

I really don’t need to see these people again - or any of the other housewives-who-aren’t-actually-housewives. These shows have run their course - I pretty much only watch to know the context of all the great stuff here! 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I think Ramona was the winner of these 3 reunion episodes. She’s a raging narcissist but she’s not mean. Luann is close runner up. Bully Dorinda obvious loser. I don’t think Sonja is relevant anymore and if they’re planning on Leah being central and revolving stories around her... they’re gonna lose ratings. She’s not very entertaining.

One aspect of RHONY that I appreciate... we see them warts and all — not all uncomfortably glammed To the hilt up like BH.  I’m so bored of BH over the top glammed up footage every week. 

Th BH glam fake faces and stupid outfits is boring. Erika and Dorit have ruined that show for me. 

• Love 18
12 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Sorry Andy and Co, Ramona is the least of this show's problems. Dorinda was problem #1 and I'm glad she's gone.

I have a feeling she’s under the assumption she’ll be back next season.  That’s what’s keeping her under control.  Otherwise, she’d be a raving lunatic.   I just cant believe she said the John borrowing money from Scott wasn’t true.  Andy played it on the tape right there.  The woman will not give in.  I just can’t look at that smirk on that face anymore.

• Love 16
9 hours ago, Axie said:

I think Leah is really going to miss Dorinda next season because her disgusting behavior will be on full display.  This year when she’d do something gross, Dorinda would do something more outrageous and the focus would shift to her.  Next year it won’t shift to Dorinda and Sonja is becoming increasingly irrelevant.

Good point. I cannot stand Leah, she brings nothing to this show. I will miss Dorinda's house at least. I also found myself in thevodd position of feeling defensive of Ramona. Andy b is awful to her. Ramona is Ramona. She is often thoughtless, rude and a complete dingbat, but she is not, fundamentally, mean. Blunt, yes. But not mean. I think LeAnn came out the best this season. 

• Love 17
30 minutes ago, chlban said:

Good point. I cannot stand Leah, she brings nothing to this show. I will miss Dorinda's house at least. I also found myself in thevodd position of feeling defensive of Ramona. Andy b is awful to her. Ramona is Ramona. She is often thoughtless, rude and a complete dingbat, but she is not, fundamentally, mean. Blunt, yes. But not mean. I think LuAnn came out the best this season. 

I think because they hardly showed any Lu footage during the Reunion, she came out looking pretty good!!!

• Love 13
10 hours ago, escape said:

It just shows how easily manipulated Leah can be.  A sock puppet.  She's scared of Dorinda - who actually has not been that super cool to Leah.  She went in on her about the Tramp Stamp.  She cussed her out at the finale. 

Leah has got to be the Most Over Rated newcomer ever.  Of course she did hired a PR firm to plant fluff pieces on her - how she is a Fan Favorite.  Really? She hasn't help in the ratings.  A lot of viewers were turn off with her vulgar drunkenness.

I just happened to notice on my DVR that there's an hour long RHoNY episode on October 8th called "Best of Leah Moments".

I don't mind Leah-don't love her, don't hate her.  But I guess somebody somewhere that counts really likes her.

I just wish they could hire women who have things actually going on in their lives. I mean a job, a hobby, real charity work, maybe even a freaking book club meeting. I guess it's really hard to get women in NY to show up and be rude, insulting, and drunk on tv?

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I think because they hardly showed any Lu footage during the Reunion, she came out looking pretty good!!!

The only somewhat negative things they could show were the "lower level" theatrics and when she was dismissive of Sonja.  The former was just vintage Countess, and I can't get too worked up over the latter because, from what I understand, Sonja doesn't have much participation in the cabaret show and it does seem like her brief appearance gives Sonja some off camera attention she would otherwise not have any opportunity to bring her own way.  Nothing too outrageous compared to past seasons (particularly Tom and wedding related).  

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I just wish they could hire women who have things actually going on in their lives. I mean a job, a hobby, real charity work, maybe even a freaking book club meeting. I guess it's really hard to get women in NY to show up and be rude, insulting, and drunk on tv?

they have a hard time with "working" every day women because what job is gonna let you off to go on trips and to film? thats why I am confused with the different women Leah wants to bring in... how? again no regular job is gonna let you go for a couple months to film and how are they all gonna get the same time off for those vacations? and no one with a normal life and job that would let them do this wants anything to do with this show

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Why does anyone want to be Dorinda's friend? I just don't get it. She doesn't have RBF she's just a bitch.

I’ll bet none of them bother with her now, except Bethenny.  Why?  I have no idea, unless she thinks she can fix her.  Supposidely, now she has a new love interest on the burner.  God help him, whoever the fool is.  She’s got a bad reputation now.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I can’t shake the feeling that the nail in Dorinda’s coffin was that last rant about Tinsley in the season finale. It almost seemed as though they were done - all the little post season blurbs had finished and they were all saying their last “love you”s or whatever and then...Leah mentions Tinsley and all hell breaks loose.  The turkey blaster comment was bad, but Dorinda just seemed so unhinged those last 5 minutes of the show.

Not to mention that Andy just seemed so over Dorinda last night.  It was so obvious how frustrated he was with her.

And one last thing, in addition to Leah’s (misplaced?) loyalty to Dorinda being disrespectful to Tinsley, Sonja and Leah gushing over Dorinda was just gross.  

• Love 20

Yes and we have no idea what went on behind the scenes with production. How many tantrums did she throw cursing and spitting in people's faces? The producers and camera people most likely gave Andy an ultimatum it's Dorinda or us. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

they have a hard time with "working" every day women because what job is gonna let you off to go on trips and to film? thats why I am confused with the different women Leah wants to bring in... how? again no regular job is gonna let you go for a couple months to film and how are they all gonna get the same time off for those vacations? and no one with a normal life and job that would let them do this wants anything to do with this show

Not only that, what corporate employer would even let you continue after you appeared on national TeeVee performing so shamelessly--e.g., a nude Tiki torch toss.  Everyone who has ever appeared has some kind of independent wealth or business or self employment. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, SoTheresThat said:

I just happened to notice on my DVR that there's an hour long RHoNY episode on October 8th called "Best of Leah Moments".

I don't mind Leah-don't love her, don't hate her.  But I guess somebody somewhere that counts really likes her.

I will be sure to delete that before it records.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, janiema said:

I will be sure to delete that before it records.

They seem to be really doubling down on trying to "make Leah happen".  I'm with you on deleting this one from the schedule.  Don't need it, don't want it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

That's true but don't kill my dream lol. There have to be some interesting woman in NY who have free time but who would want to be degraded by being on this show? And it's pretty degrading, to me at least.

Along with Dorinda production should get rid of Sonja and Leah. It will be impossible to get anyone good on the show if they have to put up with the vulgarity and crassness of Sonja or Leah. Or the nastiness of Dorinda or Bethenny’s “humor”.  Ramona and LuAnn are many things but they are not mean or excessively crass. 

• Love 11
15 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Sorry Andy and Co, Ramona is the least of this show's problems. Dorinda was problem #1 and I'm glad she's gone.

I couldn't watch it. I can't stand Dorinda and don't like Sonja or Leah, so I turned if off. I'll just read the comments here. 

I'm not sure what has happened, whether it's me or the shows. But I'm finding I don't really enjoy most of them anymore. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, Steph J said:

Ramona's not my favorite person by any stretch, but I find this fixation by the other women on "proving" that she isn't really friends with people quite odd.  I remember a couple of years ago one of the now ex-housewives - I want to say that it was Carole, but I'm not 100% sure - saying that when she was going through some stuff in between seasons that Ramona was the only one to actually reach out and check in on how she was doing. Ramona might be a superficial twit in many ways, but it sounds like she actually does the emotional labor to maintain friendships.

Remember when Bethenny was very ill and Ramona came to her house and brought matzoh ball soup and other things to cheer her up or comfort her? I didn't see any of the other women do that.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, SoTheresThat said:

Oh...it's obvious that Leah is the new face of the franchise...Andy seems to be smitten with her. I think they will be building the franchise around her in the future. I don't have a problem with that...it might be refreshing to see younger women who actually have successful careers and families instead of the same old tired cast building their so called  "careers" around their exposure on this show. I have a ying yang thing with Leah...there are times I really enjoy her and other times when I find her a little obnoxious and vulgar. I do hope they revamp the show next season and we see the departure of Sonja, Ramona and LuAnn...it's enough with these women. Plus I just couldn't stand to watch another round of LuAnn's dated caberet and awful singing. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Barb the Builder makes a comment that Luann is really not that great of a singer. Bam! friendship over. Luann really does think she can sing?

Right? Good grief...she has a horrible singing voice, if you even want to call it that! The thing with her is that she surrounds herself with sycophants and people groveling for a job that gives them access to people in LuAnn's world. They swoon over everything she says and does and give her a false sense of being an actual professional singer. Honestly, I think at this point LuAnn is looking to get some kind of a gig in a Broadway show when Broadway reopens.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I just wish they could hire women who have things actually going on in their lives. I mean a job, a hobby, real charity work, maybe even a freaking book club meeting.

I think the show kind of started out like this.  Back in the first season, many of the HW’s worked - Ramona, Bethany, the one that lived in Brooklyn (sorry name escapes me).  I think even Jill worked for her husband’s carpet shop?  But as with all these shows, the more time they’re on the less real they actually get.

12 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Irony of ironies, Bethenny has become a caricature of Jill.

Yes!  As I was reading your post, I was thinking the same exact thing!  Remember when Jill showed up on Scary Island and Beth was doing an impression of her with her really nasally annoying voice?  Now I find Beth 1000x more annoying than Jill ever was.  Even with how shitty this season was (literally and figuratively), I still don’t want Bethany back at all.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, SerenityNow721 said:

I can’t shake the feeling that the nail in Dorinda’s coffin was that last rant about Tinsley in the season finale. It almost seemed as though they were done - all the little post season blurbs had finished and they were all saying their last “love you”s or whatever and then...Leah mentions Tinsley and all hell breaks loose.  The turkey blaster comment was bad, but Dorinda just seemed so unhinged those last 5 minutes of the show.

Not to mention that Andy just seemed so over Dorinda last night.  It was so obvious how frustrated he was with her.

And one last thing, in addition to Leah’s (misplaced?) loyalty to Dorinda being disrespectful to Tinsley, Sonja and Leah gushing over Dorinda was just gross.  

So agree...Dorinda continued to deflect and project. Her excuse for her bully behavior was that she was in "pain" the whole season. If you are having personal pain, then get help and work on it. Don't take your "pain" out on everyone else by belittling them, attacking them, bullying them and self medicating with alcohol. Put your big girl panties on and work on yourself and apologize to everyone personally for your loathsome behavior.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

I think that in some way, Dorinda knew going into the reunion that she was in somewhat deep shit, I also think that by her saying that she should have taken the season off because she was fragile, it would get her off the hook. Andy was OVER her. Goodbye, Dorinda! (tm Ken Todd)

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I think that in some way, Dorinda knew going into the reunion that she was in somewhat deep shit, I also think that by her saying that she should have taken the season off because she was fragile, it would get her off the hook. Andy was OVER her. Goodbye, Dorinda! (tm Ken Todd)

Dorinda’s anger at Tinsley was out of control, but I think we may have gotten a glimpse of why. I believe Dorinda when she talks about being overwhelmed and wishing she’d taken the season off. It made me wonder if Dorinda tried to get out of filming and they refused, whereas Tinsley was graciously released.  

Just a thought, but I got that strong impression.  She was miserable the whole season, and she’s obsessed with all of them having the same expectations.  Didn’t she yell something about Tinsley’s broken contract?

• Useful 10
  • Love 5