Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E21: Viva la Dysfunction

• Start Topic

That was the most low key finale since the first OC finale that I’ve seen....until the last two minutes.  I kept waiting for the meltdown and was wondering if they’d cut it, but the “WOW”!  That shit just came out of nowhere.  At some point, Dorinda decided that she is the head honcho of the show.  There were some shades of “Vicki” entitlement in that speech about Tinsley breaching her contract and ruining the show.  She should be thanking Tinsley for leaving as she saved Dorinda from a good ten more embarrassing attacks on Tinsley.  

I can only imagine the scenes that John and Hannah have experienced with Dorinda.  She doubled down on her behavior on social media; hence I’m dying to see what transpired on the reunion.  

Dorinda has some good moments, but I could never fully endorse the Dorinda love.  The nasty outburst against Heather in her first season set off alarm bells.  

Dorinda needs to come to terms with the alcohol.  Her M.O. is to always deflect (Luanne’s arrest, Ramona going out...) to others.   I know she’s hanging with Bethenny and I sincerely hope that Bethenny is addressing the issue with her behind closed doors.  

I don’t need to see Dorinda on my screen anytime soon.  And I don’t want them to drop Ramona, Luanne or Sonja.  I know Ramona gets on people’s last nerve, but I love that she’s the longest running howives and not Vicky.   Sonja’s last couple episodes have been good.  It could be fun to add a couple of younger girls to mix it up between older/younger.

• Love 21
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I rewatched the final scene where Dorinda loses it again. One second she is laughing and hugging everyone and then Leah says the T word. Immediately Dorina goes berserk  screaming profanities spitting in people's faces and stomping around like a linebacker. I think the reason she got fired is that her anger come out of nowhere and she becomes unhinged. There are scenes where she came close to  assaulting  Sonja and Luann and someone at Bravo figured she was too much of a liability.  I'm just wondering if her mother, sister and daughter haven't tried to intervene. And please no more excuses that she is still in pain from not healing from Richard's death. It's and excuse not a reason from her deplorable behavior. 

Yep, plus, I think the nail in the coffin was when she told Tinsley she would give her a turkey baster to get pregnant.  That was the clincher for Andy.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6

I am shocked that Dorinda had the balls to go to the reunion.  Some don’t.  That’s how arrogant she is.  Like @AttackTurtle said .. she thinks she was the head honcho of the show.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 15
15 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Question:

Why is Dorinda freaking out about Tinsley leaving the show mid season, but perfectly fine with Bethenny quitting the night before filming started?

Because Dorinda wants Bethenny's approval. Also, as others have mentioned, she probably assumed that Bethenny leaving vacated a position to make herself the queen bee of the series.

• Useful 5
  • Love 12
16 hours ago, Steph J said:

Why is it so bright in there?  It looks like Luann is performing in a high school gym.

That's exactly what I kept thinking - the chairs were folding chairs and it was so bright.  I thought her "Caberet" show was in dark clubs - or at least that's where it should be.   The "singing" was so bad (as usual) it's hard to believe Luann thinks she can actually sing.   Sorry to see what a downhill slide Desmond Child's career has taken.   Yikes.  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, tranquilidade said:

Yes but why hook up with her?  Maybe he wanted the exposure for some reason.  I don't get it.

At this point, Luann's had at least 3 or 4 songs?  They must be played at clubs, downloaded, etc. because she wouldn't keep doing them and attracting producers like Desmond were they not profitable or successful.  

Same with her cabaret. The first tour did so well, that they developed & scheduled a second (which, like everything else, was disrupted by covid).  The show I went to back in 2018 in Royal Oak, Michigan was sold out.  It was hoot, everyone was up singing & dancing.

Might not be your taste but it's obviously working for her.  

4 hours ago, dosodog said:

Not for nothing, but Desmond Child is kind of a big deal.  Sure his glory days may be behind him, but he has a pretty good reputation.

So good for Lu!  Make bank when you can!

Exactly! Beats another skincare, wine or clothing line. 

• Love 16
30 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

That's exactly what I kept thinking - the chairs were folding chairs and it was so bright.  I thought her "Caberet" show was in dark clubs - or at least that's where it should be.   The "singing" was so bad (as usual) it's hard to believe Luann thinks she can actually sing.   Sorry to see what a downhill slide Desmond Child's career has taken.   Yikes.  

It was like a walkthrough show a test... kinda like plays have preview shows to work out any kinks and change dialogue or staging... it was just a run through to get a feel of how a audience would react before premiering the show 

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, Axie said:

I truly believe that at least part of the reason Dorinda was fired is because the other women were afraid of her and what she might do.  Maybe not Sonja but some of the others.

After seeing the last few minutes I think they fired her for ruining the footage with her rage about contracts.  That is breaking the 4th wall big time as they never discuss contracts on the show.  I'm not a doctor but Dorinda appears to have something chemical going on .  I'd bet the farm that she as well as the others take mood stabilizers and these drugs are not working and in fact are making them crazy with all the alcohol they consume.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
On 9/3/2020 at 9:51 PM, Pop Tart said:

I may be mis-remembering but I think Leah brought Tinsley to Martin at the beginning of the season. Might even have been first episode with the oh so natural “here’s my good friend Leah” intro of her to the audience by Tinsley as they meet up to work out.

In a talking head in episode 1, Tinsley said she met Leah "a few months ago" so they didn't have much history prior to filming.

On 9/3/2020 at 9:56 PM, goofygirl said:

Stop the presses!! DORINDA'S writing an advice book??? What the bloody hell??

STFU Dorinda.  Bow out gracefully. PULEEZ!!

I don't despise Dorinda. I feel badly for her. Her state of mind is not what it should be, and I find it sad more than anything - although a little terrifying at moments too. Working on a book might take the sting out of the situation a bit and that could be a good thing for her.

15 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I get that Bravo put that scene of Dorinda going nuts because they wanted the fans to see the reason she had to go, but poor Tinsley and Scott.  They have to remember that humiliation forever?  The girl did nothing but be herself.  Now, she has to remember the hate Dorinda had for no reason.  Bravo should have thought of another way.  Is that the price you pay for being on t.v.?

If there is an upside to how poorly Dorinda treated Tinsley, it's that everyone felt badly for Tinsley.  Even those who don't care for her on the show empathized with her.  The other thing is that it kept Tinsley in the media.  She got free press - and good press (relative to Dorinda) even though she was gone. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 11

Dorinda used to be my favorite but her raging just makes me want to look away.  The only time I enjoy seeing her is in the talking heads segments where she is fresh and completely sober, witty and quick minded.  She said some really funny things this season. In the show itself she acts like a psycho!

Just now, Mar said:

Someone has probably already mentioned this, but Sonia saying that Tinsley is unfuckable. Not funny. Nasty. I’m really really tired of Sonja and how she thinks she is so funny.

Yes I agree.  Sonja is not funny  at all and that Cabaret Act preview was horrendous.  Nothing was funny.

• Love 21
18 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Sonja girl you can’t afford the town house just be honest about that. It’s not cause your daughter is in college.. stop it 

Especially since her daughter went to boarding school for four years before going away to college.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, tranquilidade said:

Dorinda used to be my favorite but her raging just makes me want to look away.  The only time I enjoy seeing her is in the talking heads segments where she is fresh and completely sober, witty and quick minded.  She said some really funny things this season. In the show itself she acts like a psycho!

Yes I agree.  Sonja is not funny  at all and that Cabaret Act preview was horrendous.  Nothing was funny.

I agree, I love the way she is in her talking heads.  That's the Dorinda I like.  I think there is a lot more that went on behind the scenes besides just Dorinda hating Tinsley for existing.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Emmeline said:

As others have posted, Dorinda’s spewing vitriol about Tinsley is just bizarre and unwarranted.  I don’t even know if I want to see Tinsley at the reunion because I don’t want to hear Dorinda go at her again.  From episode one I watched Dorinda berate Tinsley again and again, for no reason what so ever.  Tinsley should have told Bravo that she could no longer take the abuse and bullying, and that is what it was.  Perhaps that is why Bravo agreed to let her go mid-season.  

How is it possible that Dorinda’s family watch these episodes and don’t question her mental status?   She needs therapy and medication.  I’m sure we will just see her double down on her behavior at the reunion.  I’m happy she is off the show and she is a Bitch with a capital “B”.

AMEN!!!! I'm tired of these women excusing her aggressive and cruel behavior by saying "she's in pain". No, she's not in pain , she's just a mean and angry drunk. Glad she got fired...hopefully the same fate awaits Ramona and Sonja....her Marry F, Kill remarks were gross and disgusting. Some friend she is to Tinsley saying she's ineffable...hope Dale heard that one.

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • Like 1
  • Love 23
2 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Especially since her daughter went to boarding school for four years before going away to college.

Why does Sonja always need two assistants?  To open the mail and clean up dog poop?  What do they do exactly?  

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, Mar said:

Someone has probably already mentioned this, but Sonia saying that Tinsley is unfuckable. Not funny. Nasty. I’m really really tired of Sonja and how she thinks she is so funny.

Sonja isn't funny...she's a sad worn out old hag...I don't care how many face lifts she has had, she's ugly on the inside and is a sloppy drunk.

• Love 22

I'm curious why Sonja can't sell the townhouse.  Either her price is too high, the location next to the garage is an issue, there are major structural repairs needed or there are  large liens against the property that would have to be paid.    I would not be surprised if she owed people lots of money.  However,  there is a limited and static number of townhouses on the upper east side and she should be able to sell it!  Something is wrong. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, tranquilidade said:

I'm curious why Sonja can't sell the townhouse.  Either her price is too high, the location next to the garage is an issue, there are major structural repairs needed or there are  large liens against the property that would have to be paid.    I would not be surprised if she owed people lots of money.  However,  there is a limited and static number of townhouses on the upper east side and she should be able to sell it!  Something is wrong. 

I’ve wondered that too. I think the parking garage may have some affect on the price. It may be noisy and there may be auto exhaust fumes that get into the house. Perhaps she put a good sized mortgage on the house when she worked through her bankruptcy. So you may be right about large liens on the property. She may be upside down once liens are satisfied and income taxes, if any, paid on the sale.

it would be so much better for Sonja to get out from under that burden but if she can’t walk away with enough to get a decent apartment she may be unwilling to let go.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I must comment on the apparent downfall of Desmond Child...this guy is legendary. He produced/wrote for so many great musicians, singers and now he's working with LuAnn??? Holy shit! I remember when he started as Desmond Child and Rouge back in the day. He has so many awards it's not funny. LuAnn cannot sing. All she does is talk/sing...her voice is awful. This cabaret schtick is so done...I personally cannot stand to watch one more caberet show...they suck and so does she. Also...could Bravo stop with drag queen parties already??? Almost every Housewives franchise has used drag queen parties as part of an episode and it's really boring and repetitive at this point. Move on.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Question:

Why is Dorinda freaking out about Tinsley leaving the show mid season, but perfectly fine with Bethenny quitting the night before filming started?

Just another reason to dump all over Tinsley. Honestly, at this point it's pathological with Dorinda.

36 minutes ago, tranquilidade said:

It's a dump and real estate in Manhattan is hurting right now from the pandemic.

• Useful 5
  • Love 8
32 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Why does Sonja always need two assistants?  To open the mail and clean up dog poop?  What do they do exactly?  

Sonja is a hot mess. She thinks she needs assistants to look important.

I’m sure they do all the everyday grunt work. Walking the dog. Getting her laundry to the dry cleaners. Making appointments with contractors and being there while they are working as surely she wouldn’t want to have to sit tight and listen to the noise. Opening mail...yes. Surely she has to send someone out for ice (when she lived in the townhouse) because brown ice would make anyone sick. Also pick up her lunch. I agree with you in that it really doesn’t take 2 of them to keep her affairs in order. I think this is a vanity hiring. 

• Love 10

I too am tired of drag queen parties.  No longer interesting or entertaining in any way.  Also, it was so well lit you could perform surgery in there.  Maybe they thought Dorinda might knife someone so they wanted to be prepared in case emergency medical procedures were needed? 

I would guess that Lu's show could be fun with the right crowd.  Sort of an everyone is in on the joke situation.  Her singing is bad and her comedic timing is not good but I still have a soft spot for her.  Her absolute cluelessness draws me in. 

JFC, Dorinda, put a sock in it.  Wow. Just a mention of Tinsley and she's out of control.  Someone on production should have a tranquilizer dart handy for when they need to take her down.  On these shows it's always the people who are the most critical of others that make the biggest asses of themselves.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, tranquilidade said:

Yes but why hook up with her?  Maybe he wanted the exposure for some reason.  I don't get it.

Lu's recordings are all campy dance tunes, by design I'm sure, in hopes of attracting a particular audience and loyal following based more upon persona and beat than actual talent.  Someone has probably made some bank off of her songs over the years.   I'm guessing a job is a job, a sale is a sale.  

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

It's a dump and real estate in Manhattan is hurting right now from the pandemic.

The townhouse is listed at $10,750,000.00  It's not selling because no one with $10M wants to move to New York.  The listing photos look really pretty.  Also the parking garage goes straight down and the actual subterranean area would be to the left of her backyard. The building next to her is condo - it's Beekman Townhouse.  I looked at some of their units.

My sister found this place exactly one block from Sonja's at $6,795,000.00  It is on the other side of the street one block over.  That is a dump.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/173-E-64th-St_New-York_NY_10065_M41024-54891

13 minutes ago, ichbin said:

Lu's recordings are all campy dance tunes, by design I'm sure, in hopes of attracting a particular audience and loyal following based more upon persona and beat than actual talent.  Someone has probably made some bank off of her songs over the years.   I'm guessing a job is a job, a sale is a sale.  

Kinda like the Olson Twins being recording artists 😄

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

The townhouse is listed at $10,750,000.00  It's not selling because no one with $10M wants to move to New York.  The listing photos look really pretty.  Also the parking garage goes straight down and the actual subterranean area would be to the left of her backyard. The building next to her is condo - it's Beekman Townhouse.  I looked at some of their units.

My sister found this place exactly one block from Sonja's at $6,795,000.00  It is on the other side of the street one block over.  That is a dump.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/173-E-64th-St_New-York_NY_10065_M41024-54891

Yes. That doesn’t look nearly as nice as Sonja’s townhouse.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I have to disagree that no one with 10 Million dollars would want to move to New York.  It may not be worth $10 million but it should sell.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Yep, plus, I think the nail in the coffin was when she told Tinsley she would give her a turkey baster to get pregnant.  That was the clincher for Andy.

The turkey baster comment wasn't the final straw - there was a (very badly written) article that alleged that but Andy came out and said that it wasn't true. Page Six has alleged that Dorinda's removal was because she was just as horrible to the production staff as she was to her co-stars and it made her very difficult to work with. No one really knows. The only thing that seems 100% true is that it wasn't Dorinda's decision to leave. 

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Sounds like I may as well just fast forward to the last 10 minutes or so and watch Dorinda's final wrath.

It was just so bizarre the way it happened.  Everything was going pretty well, then bam, Dorinda launched into a tirade.  It was truly a WTF kind of thing.  Like others, Leah is much more tolerable when she's not drunk.  She should try that more often.

• Love 13

The positives:

Sonja saying that she really wanted to work out with Leah, and Leah being so enthusiastic about helping her.  That was nice.

I also like Sonja's remodelling of her house.

Leah's Pat Field dress, not because I actually like the dress, but just that it exists.

Of course how amazing Sonja looks in her THs.

Sonja:  "We're not Sex and the City, we're not Absolutely Fabulous, we're fucking us."  (I assume). 

The rest:

Wow, I just saw Dorinda's speech about Tinsley.  HooooOOOOOoooOOOOOOOooooooooOOOOOOOOOly moly.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, tranquilidade said:

I have to disagree that no one with 10 Million dollars would want to move to New York.  It may not be worth $10 million but it should sell.

I think it's probably priced appropriately but the adjacent condo building is a drawback. I think the attachment to Sonja Morgan is also a drawback. Also it probably needs a new roof. But other than that I think its lovely. The place I posted a block over is $4M less and in a state of total derelict 😲

But the fact of the matter is, people are leaving the city in droves, as we know. There are people from New York buying homes in my town sight unseen (how Vicki Gunvalson of them). We're flooded with New York tags on the weekends.  

But no I don't really think people with $10M to spend on a home are looking in Manhattan given the current state of things down there. Not even as an investment. I thought about getting an apartment because there is so much inventory and some very motivated sellers but it's just not a risk I'm willing to take.

• Love 5

Wow, The producers really must’ve been super angry with Dorinda to end the episode and the season with that clip of her freaking out. They could have omitted it, but I’m glad they didn’t!

• Love 17

I thought Dorinda's TH about Lu's singing was hilarious, what happened to that Dorinda?

Lu's singing was awful when she started singing "Happy Bu-hthday,"at Dorinda's party, if she was trying to imitate Marilyn Monroe it was a fail, MM did not sing HB like that.

I know someone like Dorinda, he is mean, has fits like a two year old if you do not think like him, storms off and screams insults, everyone runs when they see him, he is an under medicated bi polar person that has lost his friends...I get that none of the women want to be around Dorinda.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Mar said:

Wow, The producers really must’ve been super angry with Dorinda to end the episode and the season with that clip of her freaking out. They could have omitted it, but I’m glad they didn’t!

I'd bet that Tinsley was nice to everyone associated with the show, so maybe production was looking for that moment where they could show the world Dorinda's nasty, cruel side - no excuses.   They probably saw a lot more than what could be aired. 

• Like 1
  • Love 18
20 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Ramona looking in the mirror..she has no shortage of ego. 

In my 20s I loved looking in the mirror and it's sad that I don't have that anymore.  If Ramona can do that for 6 decades, I say good for her.

• Hugs 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 13
8 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Ramona is just so twitchy and awkward, she has no idea she is in someone's face, watching her with Sonja makes me uncomfortable for Sonja, hands flapping, head jerking, Ramona has no clue about personal space.  That guy Ron, yeesh, so creepy.  Ramona scraped the bottom of the barrel for that one.

Yes, there is something very off with her. The way she speaks is so bizarre, and that high-pitched cackle laugh she does is horrible. I torture myself by following these women on Instagram, and almost every day she posts Cringeworthy videos of herself in which she is so affected and  unnatural.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Cherrio said:

First off, I am not sure I heard her correctly, but didn't she keep saying "I am a principal" as in status in the show? Alluding that Tinsley is a bit player, know her place and bow to Dorinda?

She said that she is a woman/person of principle. I use captions. So I guess she thinks it was unethical for Tinsley to leave the show mid season

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, BloggerAloud said:

The idea that anybody could have that much of an emotional response to the mere mention of Tinsley, who is basically sentient cotton candy, is so wild to me.

Exactly!  Tinsley left RHONY all right. To live here!  (This is Candyland)

589334-allevinatis-gettyimages-921081734.jpg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, Rahul said:

What an awful, awful season. And to think, NY used to be the crown jewel of the Real Housewives franchise.

I only started watching in Season 7 I think.  After that, I went back and watched all the seasons, and I just loved them.  Well, except for this one.  My memories of Season 12 will be of really disgusting things, Leah, and boringness.  Sadness about no Bethenny.  What would you say where the glory seasons of this show?

19 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I'm still not a big fan of Leah's, but I thought she looked absolutely gorgeous at Sonja's party.  The 1940's starlet look really works for her.  

You got a good point here.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

On these shows it's always the people who are the most critical of others that make the biggest asses of themselves.  

Lisa Rinna, Are you listening?

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, Mar said:

She said that she is a woman/person of principle. I use captions. So I guess she thinks it was unethical for Tinsley to leave the show mid season

Thanks for letting me know.  It is hard for me to hear them clearly a lot of the time.  

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I think it's probably priced appropriately but the adjacent condo building is a drawback. I think the attachment to Sonja Morgan is also a drawback. Also it probably needs a new roof. But other than that I think its lovely. The place I posted a block over is $4M less and in a state of total derelict 😲

But the fact of the matter is, people are leaving the city in droves, as we know. There are people from New York buying homes in my town sight unseen (how Vicki Gunvalson of them). We're flooded with New York tags on the weekends.  

But no I don't really think people with $10M to spend on a home are looking in Manhattan given the current state of things down there. Not even as an investment. I thought about getting an apartment because there is so much inventory and some very motivated sellers but it's just not a risk I'm willing to take.

I just read Sonja is back in the townhouse.  Probably because of what you just said.  

• Love 2
20 hours ago, goofygirl said:

The thing about the MAD is it keeps you STUCK. IN THE MAD.  I think that's where Dorinda is.  STUCK IN THE MAD.  Only way she's gonna get anywhere is to get over being mad. This show hasn't helped her at all.  All the drinking in the WORLD won't do it.  What's gonna do it is her actually TRYING TO CHANGE AND GET ON WITH HER LIFE....

Yes, but...

She wasn't this way until maybe last season, or very late in the season before that.  Not to say that her bereavement couldn't have kicked in late I guess, but I don't think it explains her incredibly odd aversion to all things Tinsley.  

• Love 15
9 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

You would think Dorinda would be HAPPY Tinsley left the show mid season since she had such a strong dislike for her and apparently loathed being around her.   

"You are an obsession
You're my obsession
Who do you want me to be
To make you sleep with me
You are an obsession
You're my obsession
Who do you want me to be
To make you sleep with me"

- Animotion

I don't think that Dorinda necessarily wants to sleep with Tinsley, but those lyrics just keep running through my brain.  Woman's deranged.

d20e653c-9c21-4694-94e8-2c560ae6c330_tex

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 3
8 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I rewatched the final scene where Dorinda loses it again. One second she is laughing and hugging everyone and then Leah says the T word. Immediately Dorina goes berserk  screaming profanities spitting in people's faces and stomping around like a linebacker. I think the reason she got fired is that her anger come out of nowhere and she becomes unhinged. There are scenes where she came close to  assaulting  Sonja and Luann and someone at Bravo figured she was too much of a liability.  I'm just wondering if her mother, sister and daughter haven't tried to intervene. And please no more excuses that she is still in pain from not healing from Richard's death. It's and excuse not a reason from her deplorable behavior. 

I started laughing at "The T Word" and I haven't stopped

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1