Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E17: Reunion Part I

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

https://www.tvshowsace.com/2020/09/03/rhobh-garcelle-says-her-charity-donation-innocently-fell-through/

If it was really a problem for Kyle why not text her MONTHS ago? why wait till a reunion if this was that Important? Kyle just looked messy like it wasn't about the donation or charity at all but about getting something on Garcelle

Two theories:

1.  Kyle held onto to this because it was something she could use toward Garcelle, in case Garcelle came for Kyle (which is EXACTLY what happened).

2.  Kyle and the charity organizers felt awkward reaching out to Garcelle about this.  It happens pretty often with charity auctions.  People bid on and promise to pay for a donated item, and then, they don't pay.  It's awkward to ask for monies promised like that.  There's no signed agreement or promissory note - it's all "good faith".

Either way, it should have been handled several months ago and off-camera.  That was done to intentionally embarrass Garcelle.

ETA:  Didn't we see something like this before on other Housewives' shows?  I seem to recall something like this on RHOA.  I could be wrong though.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Useful 1
  • Love 22
4 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Two theories:

1.  Kyle held onto to this because it was something she could use toward Garcelle, in case Garcelle came for Kyle (which is EXACTLY what happened).

2.  Kyle and the charity organizers felt awkward reaching out to Garcelle about this.  It happens pretty often with charity auctions.  People bid on and promise to pay for a donated item, and then, they don't pay.  It's awkward to ask for monies promised like that.  There's no signed agreement or promissory note - it's all "good faith".

Either way, it should have been handled several months ago and off-camera.  That was done to intentionally embarrass Garcelle.

Yes, I totally agree it was done to embarrass Garcelle, but didn't Garcelle start it by intentionally embarrassing Kyle in her public speech?

While I like Garcelle more than Kyle, I don't understand why Garcelle gets a pass on humiliating Kyle first...  

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

She didn't reach out because, again, Garcelle has been mean about her. So why should Kyle reach out?

Because it wasn't about Kyle it was about the charity .... it had nothing to do with kyle in that regard so why didnt she reach out?

• Love 14

I thought Denise looked ill. Bloodshot eyes, the makeup was not good (or maybe it was her lighting), and she seems totally unable to defend herself.  Imagine if Brandi had accused Rinna of the same thing. Laser beams would shot from that bloated mouth and killed them all instantly.

Denise doesn’t seem to possess the spiteful mean girl gene and probably isn’t a good match for this type of go for the throat show.  

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, IslandGirl said:

Yes, I totally agree it was done to embarrass Garcelle, but didn't Garcelle start it by intentionally embarrassing Kyle in her public speech?

While I like Garcelle more than Kyle, I don't understand why Garcelle gets a pass on humiliating Kyle first...  

...and then trashing Kyle over and over. Garcelle got a little taste of payback.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Actually, in the most ironic turn of this shit show perhaps in history, it was Denise who was used to Brandi back early in the season.  Kyle and Kim were in cahoots with Brandi later in the season.  

She and Brandi met up for drinks, a meeting that was supposedly set up by the producer of the podcast one (or both) of them appeared on.  

I'm actually wondering if Bravo themselves didn't hear the rumors about Brandi and Denise and orchestrated that little meet up as a way to get Brandi's ass back in front of the cameras this season so it would look more "organic" when she showed up later in the season to drop her little bombshell.  

I will be forever grateful to Denise if her "cyst and decease" order is what kept Brandi participating in the reunion.  It's enough of a clusterfuck with Rinna and Ericka running their mouths nonstop.  I can't even imagine if Brandi was in there screeching as well.  

It does seem as if Bravo played a big part in this set up - maybe because both Kim and Brandi wanted/needed a job and Bravo knows its shows are faltering.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Because it wasn't about Kyle it was about the charity .... it had nothing to do with kyle in that regard so why didnt she reach out?

If it was about the charity, then why didn't Garcelle make sure that her business manager fulfilled the donation? At the end of the day, Kyle isn't responsible for Garcelle messing up (and even though I believe it was an innocent oversight on Garcelle's part, it was still an oversight). Garcelle is. Sure, Kyle used it for a momentary advantage after months of Garcelle's making snarky asides, but the reality is that if Garcelle cared that much, she would have made sure the donation went through, especially after spending months saying mean things about Kyle. 

I mean, this is just going to be another of those agree-to-disagree things between us. 🙂 I actually like both Kyle and Garcelle well enough, but I recognize that both are flawed individuals who make mistakes. IMO, the conflict between Garcelle and Kyle is mostly on Garcelle's part, and I can't really blame Kyle for going a little petty towards Garcelle when it seems like Garcelle has had it out for Kyle for months for very little reason whatsoever. 

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Likely Kyle hoped she wouldn’t need that bit of ammunition but, when Garcelle trashed her again, she decided to use it.

This is really interesting! I wonder if Kyle was planning to use it no matter what, or just as an ace in her pocket should she need one...

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

If it was about the charity, then why didn't Garcelle make sure that her business manager fulfilled the donation? At the end of the day, Kyle isn't responsible for Garcelle messing up (and even though I believe it was an innocent oversight on Garcelle's part, it was still an oversight). Garcelle is. Sure, Kyle used it for a momentary advantage after months of Garcelle's making snarky asides, but the reality is that if Garcelle cared that much, she would have made sure the donation went through, especially after spending months saying mean things about Kyle. 

I mean, this is just going to be another of those agree-to-disagree things between us. 🙂 I actually like both Kyle and Garcelle well enough, but I recognize that both are flawed individuals who make mistakes. IMO, the conflict between Garcelle and Kyle is mostly on Garcelle's part, and I can't really blame Kyle for going a little petty towards Garcelle when it seems like Garcelle has had it out for Kyle for months for very little reason whatsoever. 

You stick to your guns that's respectable 🙂 lets talk about how Sutten shaded the hell out of Kyle by loving on someone elses caftans lol

• LOL 14
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, IslandGirl said:

This is really interesting! I wonder if Kyle was planning to use it no matter what, or just as an ace in her pocket should she need one...

So she would let a charity go longer without receiving their donation if it didn’t serve her purposes? That would make Kyle even more of a piece of shit than I thought. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 18
3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

So she would let a charity go longer without receiving their donation if it didn’t serve her purposes? That would make Kyle even more of a piece of shit than I thought. 

I'd imagine Kyle & Mauricio would cover any $5,000 or so unfulfilled pledge...

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
Just now, IslandGirl said:

Yet they didn’t do it in the several months she was aware of the situation, so that doesn’t seem like something they were inclined to do.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

You stick to your guns that's respectable 🙂 lets talk about how Sutten shaded the hell out of Kyle by loving on someone elses caftans lol

Ha!

What I would like to talk about is that while others here thought it was Teddi "giving up the game" when she said that they were frustrated that Denise wouldn't admit that she just wanted the others to look like assholes, I appreciated it - to me, that's the most honest reading of what happened. I actually agree with Teddi - I do think that Denise wanted to make the other women look like assholes AFTER the whole threesome discussion. (I don't think she did during it - IMO she was genuinely frustrated that they wouldn't shut the hell up about it when she asked them to). But I do think her whole little game at Kyle's family party thing was to make the other women look bad.

And I'm with Teddi that some of this - not all of it - would have gone away if Denise just admitted to that fact! Her unwillingness to say, "yes, I was upset with you guys because you wouldn't shut the hell up when I asked you to and I wanted to make you look like assholes" is really perplexing to me. Why insist you're not upset, Denise, when you are? I just find that confusing. Denise is so conflict-avoidant that she doesn't seem to get that she's creating even more conflict by just not admitting when she's upset.

All of that being said, like I said earlier, the level of anger that Erika and Rinna have over that situation is also really confusing to me. I understand where Teddi's coming from because she expressed it. You can disagree with her but at least I understand it. With Erika and Rinna, it seems like it is something deeper and that's a little scary. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, IslandGirl said:

3 minutes ago, IslandGirl said:

Kyle’s been around long enough to know she might need ammunition with this crowd - but imo she would have preferred not to use it, and she probably did cover the pledge. 

• Love 3
Just now, biakbiak said:

If she had covered it there is no way in hell she wouldn’t have mentioned it.

Why not? imo Kyle didn’t go there wanting to use that, but reacted to Garcelle’s continued attacks in the moment.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Ha!

What I would like to talk about is that while others here thought it was Teddi "giving up the game" when she said that they were frustrated that Denise wouldn't admit that she just wanted the others to look like assholes, I appreciated it - to me, that's the most honest reading of what happened. I actually agree with Teddi - I do think that Denise wanted to make the other women look like assholes AFTER the whole threesome discussion. (I don't think she did during it - IMO she was genuinely frustrated that they wouldn't shut the hell up about it when she asked them to). But I do think her whole little game at Kyle's family party thing was to make the other women look bad.

And I'm with Teddi that some of this - not all of it - would have gone away if Denise just admitted to that fact! Her unwillingness to say, "yes, I was upset with you guys because you wouldn't shut the hell up when I asked you to and I wanted to make you look like assholes" is really perplexing to me. Why insist you're not upset, Denise, when you are? I just find that confusing. Denise is so conflict-avoidant that she doesn't seem to get that she's creating even more conflict by just not admitting when she's upset.

All of that being said, like I said earlier, the level of anger that Erika and Rinna have over that situation is also really confusing to me. I understand where Teddi's coming from because she expressed it. You can disagree with her but at least I understand it. With Erika and Rinna, it seems like it is something deeper and that's a little scary. 

My opinion on this is Denise tried to move on from it and the ladies ..(looking at you Kyle Lisa and Erika) wouldn't let it die .... The simple fact that she asked them to respect her home and kids by waiting to continue to talk about the topic they were discussing and that offended them ... it just became a beat down of admit you are a bad mom and we should have been able to talk about it cause your kids are prob sluts anyway No one made them look like an asshole but themselves for not letting it go ... they did that all on their own.... Then when that didn't work they tried to destroy her .... Not everyone is gonna like you Teddi that is just a fact of life and everyone talks shit about everyone that is another fact of life you accept it and move on you dont brow beat the person into liking you

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18
3 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Why not? imo Kyle didn’t go there wanting to use that, but reacted to Garcelle’s continued attacks in the moment.

Because it would provide context and make her look better than someone which she literally never fails to try and do. 

• Love 4

I enjoy Garcelle on the show - but, that said, she has a way of trying to take people down a peg, purposely poking at their reputations/identities. She did it with Sutton and her money, and with Kyle she’s going after her image as an upstanding, decent person. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

My opinion on this is Denise tried to move on from it and the ladies ..(looking at you Kyle Lisa and Erika) wouldn't let it die .... The simple fact that she asked them to respect her home and kids by waiting to continue to talk about the topic they were discussing and that offended them ... it just became a beat down of admit you are a bad mom and we should have been able to talk about it cause your kids are prob sluts anyway No one made them look like an asshole but themselves for not letting it go ... they did that all on their own.... Then when that didn't work they tried to destroy her .... Not everyone is gonna like you Teddi that is just a fact of life and everyone talks shit about everyone that is another fact of life you accept it and move on you dont brow beat the person into liking you

I honestly don't think that Teddi is tying to brow beat Denise into liking her. But I don't understand why Denise can't just admit she doesn't like Teddi? I would also find it frustrating if Denise was saying one thing to my face about liking me and another thing behind my back. 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

In the recap of the last episode before the reunion Rinna and Kim were being nice to each other and talking about being inlaws in the future, is Amelia is dating Kim's son? 

I was trying to figure that out myself.  It was weird seeing Rinna and Kim hugging and Kim saying that Amelia spent Thanksgiving with her.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, WaltersHair said:

The anger aimed at Denise is so over the top that it makes no sense. I know the sheltering in place has made people in general more angry (ask anyone in a service job right now), but damn.

I only lasted 15 minutes. I'm not going to watch the rest of it. It was too unpleasant for me. I'll just read the comments here. I appreciate everyone's take on things. 

I thought Kyle's hairstyle aged her. Denise looked a little rough or like she'd had a few drinks. 

Sutton looked good to me. 

I have nothing nice to say about Lisa so I'll just keep quiet. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
7 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Because it would provide context and make her look better than someone which she literally never fails to try and do. 

Kyle might have kicked herself on the way home for not mentioning covering the pledge! Haha. Whether she covered it or not, I think she reacted in the moment with the worst thing she had on Garcelle but probably hoped not to go there. If Garcelle is going to dish it out, she needs to take it too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Teddi takes anything that isnt 100% approval has you hating her .. oh you didn't like my jumpsuit whyyyyy why are  you so mean to me sutten? like come on she has a psychological need for her to be liked by everyone its like a stage 5 clinger ugh being her friend would just be so exhausting..

Yeah, we just have fundamentally different views of Teddi. Again, I think she summarized pretty effectively why she was upset with Sutton - Sutton called her boring, said something pretty uncharitable her pregnancy (which I still don't understand), and then suggested her clothes look bad.  I mean, three strikes and you're out. I think Teddi is mostly over it now but I don't see why it's so hard to understand why Teddi might think, "geez, this 'friendship' isn't going to happen since this person doesn't seem to like much about me."

I don't see a totally normal reaction to someone saying uncharitable things about me as "stage 5 clinger" territory but YMMV. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Yeah, we just have fundamentally different views of Teddi. Again, I think she summarized pretty effectively why she was upset with Sutton - Sutton called her boring, said something pretty uncharitable her pregnancy (which I still don't understand), and then suggested her clothes look bad.  I mean, three strikes and you're out. I think Teddi is mostly over it now but I don't see why it's so hard to understand why Teddi might think, "geez, this 'friendship' isn't going to happen since this person doesn't seem to like much about me."

I don't see a totally normal reaction to someone saying uncharitable things about me as "stage 5 clinger" territory but YMMV. 

I see your point, I think to me its has an adult you know you arnt gonna get along with everyone you meet it just happens and it happens with people you work with ... you don't continue to ask why don't you like me why don't you like me why don't you like me you just accept hey we don't mesh and move on. I have no feelings good or bad towards teddi as a person I think she is the classic fall guy who goes along with the group and does what they want like her in puppygate last year and now with Denise this year she just follows orders and gets thrown under the bus ... Sutten grew on me I admit that I hated her when she popped up but then she seemed to mellow or maybe the other ladies just became so obnoxious that she didn't seem that bad after all in comparison....  

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Makeup/Wardrobe/Hair commentary:

- Loved Garcelle's entire look.  She looks so great in  jewel tones.

- Erika looked like Katy Perry--which isn't a bad thing, I've just never noticed that resemblance before.  

- I liked Teddi's pink hair.  

- I did not understand anything about Kyle's look.

- Denise's eye makeup looked harsh and horrendous.

- Rinna looks so much better without her ~signature haircut.

- That hair clip Sutton had in her part was bizarre.

- Dorit: forever with the OTT hairstyles.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, nexxie said:

I can hardly stomach these women for one hour a week - don’t follow any of them on social media.

Neither do I but people post their comments. Though I double checked and in this case it appears that she just is liking comments not posting them herself.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
19 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I was trying to figure that out myself.  It was weird seeing Rinna and Kim hugging and Kim saying that Amelia spent Thanksgiving with her.

Rinna's daughter Amelia is dating the brother of Kim's daughter's husband Thayer Weiderhorn. The family owns the FatBoy company which I think is some type of hamburger chain and other businesses. The family is very wealthy. But the founder the father of Thayer has spent time in fed. prision for tax fraud. Rinna will do anythng to have her daughter marry into a wealthy family including making up and kissing KimRichards.  

• Useful 9
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, EmZeeGee said:

The event was months ago. Why wait for the reunion to air it out for the first time? You didn't reach out privately in the interim to make sure the charity received the funds promised? Telling the audience the Black cast member doesn't pay her bills doesn't sit right. And I'm sure other Black viewers caught that. She wanted to weaponize that information to get back at Garcelle for not saying she was welcoming and every other slight during the season.

--

Teddi revealed the whole game. She said something to the effect of "She made us look like assholes." And that's it. They have been carrying out this plan and constantly repeating and bringing up the Brandi story because they thought she made them look bad. They turned what was a forgettable moment about bawdy conversation in front of children into some grand affront. They are ridiculous and at this point a bit loathsome. 

Erika is fighting for that diamond. She was utterly forgettable and now she has too much dip on her chip at this reunion. She's turned all the way up over nothing.

I believe the word Rinna is looking for is gasbag. Indeed, she is full of hot air. 

She cared more about the gotcha and making Garcelle look bad rather than the charity getting the money.

• Love 17
13 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

Erika. That voice goes through me like nails on a chalkboard. An she's sooooo angry. Hopefully the theater will open again before next season and she'll be gone from this show. along with the other mean girls.

I noticed Kyle hasn't jumped on Denise yet. Is she going for redemption? Cause it won't work for me. Let's not forget she is the one who engineered this whole Brand - i Denise set up with her lovely sister.

Kim had to pay for those chiclets and boobs someway. Get her on the show to take Denise down a peg.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, IslandGirl said:

I thought Dorit looked pretty but a little too thin. Her face was gaunt & her underarm area was very bony.

I would love to be described as "bony." I used to be bony as a child but I have reached my adult weight, it is not bad but I will never again be bony. 

Dorit and Rinna probably do not eat much and have conditioned themselves to not even want to eat, it does make me wonder if that might mess with their daughters eating habits and the way they think about themselves.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Jenxee said:

Re: Kyle and Garcelle, I don't think Garcelle was trying to manufacture beef, but I feel like what she said about Kyle glossing over her or not trying to get to know her was different from what Kyle was saying which was she thought they got along and laughed and had fun together.  Two totally different things.

I have no idea why Erika was so angry.  "I took it on the chin and I APOLOGIZED".  Ok, so if you APOLOGIZED, then why are you doubling down on what you said?!!  Which is it?  Is Denise wrong for asking you nitwits to stop talking about 3-somes around her kids and her friends?  Have her kids probably had 3-somes already?  I agree with the poster who said Erika is trying to stay relevant, Muthafucka!

Where is LVP when we need her?  I would have loved to hear her ,"Low blow Rinna" tonight.

It's interesting how the image I had of someone I used to like (Lisa Rinna) can just completely fall apart at the seams.  When Kim Richards told her she was evil and she was the devil, that wasn't the drugs talking, Kim saw what Rinna was all about seasons ago.  Rinna is an angry ass person.  How can she fix her mouth to say what Sami thinks, feels, and what Sami said?  If I was Denise and somebody tried to tell me what my child thought, or felt or what was best for my kids, ALL BETS WOULD BE OFF and all of Rinna's business would be exposed.  And Kyle's too, since it was Kyle that brought Brandy and her botched face back around.  "One thing Brandy is not is a liar".  Ok, so you just confirmed that your sister was a meth head and your husband is a serial cheater.  Someone please bring this up during the reunion, please!! 

Yeah this needs to be brought up.  And her apparent perjury in the Krupa case.  

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

The anger around Brandi not being present at the reunion is over the top. I get that Brandi is being used as their weapon and they were stripped of their ammo. Too bad.

What angered me most of all as a viewer is the absolute fakery around introducing the Brandi story. In my opinion the whole season was flopping (which had been predicted after LVP left) and this was a desparate Hail Mary pass to try and make something, ANYTHING happen. Teddi's pregnancy, Erika's Chicago, Kyle and Rinna's NOTHING AT ALL would not have sustained interest. We tried the mommy shaming story, but still that's just not enough. It's just silly and BORING.

So in comes Brandi, in what was supposed to be a "oh just happened to drop by with Kim" to drop off a dress in the most ridiculously obvious faked scene. SHOCKER! Brandi's emotional confession about Denise. Then Brandi just happens to be in the neighbourhood during the baby shower. What???? Next Brandi arrives at Dorit's party as a surprise plus one with Kim. Not exactly gaslighting us but sure as hell close to it. Are we really supposed to believe this bullshit? Are we not to question what's real and what's all production staging? 

So now I'm unhappy with producers trying to trick me. But then Kyle buys into it and instigates it using Kim. Teddi just happens to be there as a witness. Then we move it along by bringing Rinna on board who is shocked at this reveal about her "friend".

Now they all want THE TRUTH. That's all. Is that too much to ask?

Why did they not pursue THE TRUTH around the bankrupcy situations? Why did not a single one of them insist on pursuing THE TRUTH when Mauricio's business was in legal trouble? What about Tom's legal situation? You can bet your sweet ass that there would have been a shitload of C & D's if that had been the case. They were all just given light mention by Camille and at the reunion and moved on from in seconds. Actually, Mauricio's Agency thing wasn't mentioned at all last season . The Agency wasn't even part of this season for the first time that I can remember when usually there is some sort of event promoting it.

Denise did not handle it well, but who would have? She was used as a scapegoat to save the season from a whole bowl of nuthin'. I don't think she saw this coming and she went into defense mode. Well guess what, so would Dorit or Erika or Kyle or Rinna if it happened to them. Instead, they somehow managed to keep their bullshit problems out of it.

It's just the hippocracy and phoniness of it all that makes me angry. 

Rinna can just fuck right off with her "GASLIGHTING GASLIGHTING GASLIIGHTING!"

This part of the reunion just makes them look like bigger assholes and it's no one's fault but their own. 

If i could give this all the likes I would ... Yes to ALL of this

• Love 16

1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I honestly don't think that Teddi is tying to brow beat Denise into liking her. But I don't understand why Denise can't just admit she doesn't like Teddi? I would also find it frustrating if Denise was saying one thing to my face about liking me and another thing behind my back. 

I think she just doesn't want to have to say "I don't like you" to another person's face.  Since she has admitted it on camera and Teddi is fully aware of it, I don't know why Teddi has to browbeat her into saying it to her face.

• Love 12