Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E17: Reunion Part I

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, film noire said:
3 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I haven't been watching this season, but have been reading along. I think, from what I've read, THIS may be the real issue behind the alleged (and probably true) jealousy of Denise as a working actress. They don't need the money, but would cut a bitch (from a show) to have the kind of steady acting work that Denise has. They are all (imo) wannabes. None of them achieved the same level as Denise. Rinna had steady work in the Melrose Place days, but since then? Kyle, unsuccessfully, tried to produce her own show, and has had a few roles, and Erika has Always wanted to be on stage. Dorit seems happy, as long as she can flash her labels, and it seems Garcelle(?) doesn't care, because she's a working actress too, has been busy, and is new, so hasn't quite caught on yet. Teddi is used to living in the shadows, so as long as she has a shadow to live in, she's cool. jmo.

At no point in my post did I tell you that. 

The ultimate gaslighting tactic: Accusing the person you're gaslighting of gaslighting you. 

What a mess this season was. Endless episodes about grown women endlessly faux-enraged that a co-worker asked them to stop talking about sexually charged content in front of kids.  Jesus Christ, these women are pathetic (who are the real children in this season? The kids, or the fifty-something brats crying about mom-shaming?  And for the record, you harpies? Since you STILL don't understand why kids shouldn't be listening to their mother's friend discuss muff-diving, you deserve to be shamed. )

This is the slop they threw together and thought we'd gobble down? Freaks like Rinna playing the how-dare-you Mom card? Rinna? Whose mothering & parental role modeling includes viciously body-shaming people on social media? (Sure, Lisa - your disgust for bodies that aren't stick-thin had nothing to do with your daughter's troubled body image!) Or Erica,  whose mothering included leaving her son on the east coast while she married up, and married far away? (But hey, he came for holidays, which makes me Mrs Fucking Brady, you motherfucking assholes,) Add in the bullying of the whole group and any of these women playing the Mom-Shaming Card is beyond galling. Especially in a culture that genuinely hectors and harasses women who work their assess off to raise happy kids,  a culture that unfairly criticizes women who would never (repeatedly) model bullying or repugnant behavior to their children, a society that  hates  women who do the real mothering (instead of those who play Moms on  reality tv).  My irony meter breaks at the nerve of them all: they remind me of the guy who kills his parents and throws himself on the mercy of the court, "Because I'm an orphan, Your Honour."

The only good thing to come out of this season is Kyle being forced to wear Brandi around her neck like a truth-telling albatross; the woman who trashed her husband is now the Mother Theresa of Beverly Hills. Karma finally arrived on Kyle's doorstep. 

Can't love this post enough. A simple heart click will not suffice. We need another option like on Reddit where we can award points for outstanding posts.

Thank you @film noire. Really Kyle? The woman who publicly trashed your sister and husband is now legit? This has GOT to come back to bite you in the ass. I honestly can't wait. Me and Garcelle and so many others are all waiting on this. Your whole pursuit of telling the truth starts with YOU. So don't even go there Kyle.

3 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I haven't been watching this season, but have been reading along. I think, from what I've read, THIS may be the real issue behind the alleged (and probably true) jealousy of Denise as a working actress. They don't need the money, but would cut a bitch (from a show) to have the kind of steady acting work that Denise has. They are all (imo) wannabes. None of them achieved the same level as Denise. Rinna had steady work in the Melrose Place days, but since then? Kyle, unsuccessfully, tried to produce her own show, and has had a few roles, and Erika has Always wanted to be on stage. Dorit seems happy, as long as she can flash her labels, and it seems Garcelle(?) doesn't care, because she's a working actress too, has been busy, and is new, so hasn't quite caught on yet. Teddi is used to living in the shadows, so as long as she has a shadow to live in, she's cool. jmo.

Hmmmm.  Interesting @SweetieDarling. None of them have anything really going on other than Real Housewives except for Denise. Rinna has her dusters. Big Fucking Deal and it's just a matter of time before QVC dumps her because she is losing her shit on Instagram and an embarrassment. Kyle's silly American Woman crashed and burned.  Erika got her shot on Broadway, never again. One and Done. Teddi is what she says she is not, a Mellancamp Shadow. ALLOUT. Never to be heard of again after RHOBH. Denise actually has shit going on with TV and movies. All you have to do is check their instagrams to see what they have going on. Whole lotta nothin'.  Oh wait. Rinna dances. Badly. 

ETA: My first attempt at multi quoting. Failed. 

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 14

The cast members who have a few reunions behind them know to come prepared, with a memorized list of zingers they can use if necessary - as Kyle did to respond to Garcelle’s shade. I so wish Denise had come prepared enough to use the moment at Erika’s when she demanded that they all behave a certain way in her home - Denise had every right to make the same demand, but self-righteous Erika is clueless about that.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 13

I remember thinking Kim Richards was insane when she accused Rinna of this behavior until the truth came out.  She is batshit crazy!

On 9/6/2020 at 12:52 PM, Mar said:

https://www.eonline.com/news/231023/star-jones-rips-lisa-rinna-accuses-her-of-harassment

I’m not sure if anyone has already posted this. It is from 2011, and the behavior certainly sounds familiar. Lisa is a very unstable and mentally unhealthy woman.

Edited by featherhead
Quoting problems...
  • Love 2
On 9/6/2020 at 4:43 AM, TurtlePower said:

I wonder what's going on with Denise that she's allowing herself to be filmed in this condition, unless she's got substance problems so bad she incorrectly thinks she's able to hide it well. I didn't buy her explanation the her makeup powder made her eyes red--exactly something someone who'd just smoked some pot would say. The last thing you'd think Denise would want to do is allow her brain to be affected before filming a reunion. 

I really liked last season's Denise, this season's Denise has me worried. She just looks terrible and can't remember things accurately. 

I would buy that explanation except....

She's been in the business decades and shouldn't have to be soliciting fans' opinions on social media about facial powder.

If this were a true longstanding allergy, she should already been well aware of which brand/brands don't exacerbate her allergy and which do, and act accordingly.    

I actually didn't think of her smoking weed or being drunk, though.  I thought maybe the entire situation was extremely stressful and perhaps she'd been crying before the cameras started rolling.  

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Plus the whole yelling 'Bravo, Bravo, Bravo" when she wants cameras to cut.  Does she not realize she's on a reality show and not the set of a movie? 

I'm still really confused by what she hoped to accomplish by that. She's got to be aware that there are these people called editors, right? And that they can simply snip the Bravo, Bravo, Bravo out (or even *gasp* leave it in, which, well will you look at that...) Or did she really think the producers would've been all, "shit, well, now that someone said our channel's name... we can't have that, so guess we have to scrap this whole scene. What a shame." And she must have been doing that often enough, so before Brandi's claims came to light, because Doorit of all people scolded her that she couldn't keep saying that.

Kyle and Brandi still suck the worst for setting all the gossip in motion, and I remain frustrated that Erika/Lisa/Teddi are so fired up that it's allowing Kyle to relax and avoid the blowback. Sounds like the only time Kyle's going to be on the hot seat this reunion is when they (probably very briefly) start talking about the psychic dinner party at Erika's house.

• Love 1
On 9/8/2020 at 12:18 PM, dmeets said:

I'm still really confused by what she hoped to accomplish by that. She's got to be aware that there are these people called editors, right? And that they can simply snip the Bravo, Bravo, Bravo out (or even *gasp* leave it in, which, well will you look at that...) Or did she really think the producers would've been all, "shit, well, now that someone said our channel's name... we can't have that, so guess we have to scrap this whole scene. What a shame." And she must have been doing that often enough, so before Brandi's claims came to light, because Doorit of all people scolded her that she couldn't keep saying that.

Kyle and Brandi still suck the worst for setting all the gossip in motion, and I remain frustrated that Erika/Lisa/Teddi are so fired up that it's allowing Kyle to relax and avoid the blowback. Sounds like the only time Kyle's going to be on the hot seat this reunion is when they (probably very briefly) start talking about the psychic dinner party at Erika's house.

Kyle already explained what this was .... they (all the girls kyle and everyone) would yell cut or bravo when they wanted them to stop filming this wasnt something that Denise came up with on her own ... they would stop filming and let the ladies "break" this is the first year that didnt do that... this wasn't Denise thinking she could get away with something this was som3ething they all did

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Kyle already explained what this was .... they (all the girls kyle and everyone) would yell cut or bravo when they wanted them to stop filming this wasnt something that Denise came up with on her own ... they would stop filming and let the ladies "break" this is the first year that didnt do that... this wasn't Denise thinking she could get away with something this was som3ething they all did

And can I just add that If the production wasnt working overtime trying to craft this bull shit Denise is the villein edit and using anything they could to try to make her look unhinged the footage would have never seen the light of day just like all the times the other ladies had used it .... 

• Love 8
On 9/7/2020 at 3:14 PM, film noire said:

The only good thing to come out of this season is Kyle being forced to wear Brandi around her neck like a truth-telling albatross; the woman who trashed her husband is now the Mother Theresa of Beverly Hills. Karma finally arrived on Kyle's doorstep. 

This comment makes me so happy.  Yes, it's shallow, but I don't care.  😉  Makes me almost, ALMOST want Brandi to come back next season just to watch how Kyle dances around her.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

And can I just add that If the production wasnt working overtime trying to craft this bull shit Denise is the villein edit and using anything they could to try to make her look unhinged the footage would have never seen the light of day just like all the times the other ladies had used it .... 

That is a great point. How many times has Kyle herself done that? 

They need to switch up the production teams. 

• Love 8
On 9/4/2020 at 12:18 PM, Shannah Banana said:

My personal opinion is that Kyle is an equal opportunity back stabber.  She outed her own sister on national teevee as a drunk and alcoholic. 

Multiple things can be true.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

One of us needs to help produce the damn show!

Petition for RealHousewife to be our very own production insider at RHoBH! Who do we have to call to make this happen?!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Jel said:

Petition for RealHousewife to be our very own production insider at RHoBH! Who do we have to call to make this happen?!

And could I get paid? Even a little? It would be great if I could justify the time I spend watching and posting about the show! 

• LOL 5
On 9/3/2020 at 8:33 AM, Natalie68 said:

Yeah she is lying about it all.  However, what she is lying about is none of their business.  I stopped caring about the lie based on how the others were treating her and the fact Kyle/Teddi/Erika all have things they would like to hide or not talk about.  Their hand wringing was disingenuous and I suspect to keep attn from themselves.

THIS. At this point, I don't care what Denise said or did or lied about. These hyenas are so despicable in their pile-on, that I'm automatically on team Denise no matter how much she prevaricates.

I hope a house falls on Rinna. And Erika too - What. A. Bitch. They're clearly furious that the public isn't on their side. I don't follow any of them on social media, but it sounds like they're just doubling down even more. And the whole "you made us look like assholes" is exactly what an abusive bully always says: "Look what you made me do!". Sorry ladies, y'all accomplished that on your own.

In the same vein is the Garcelle charity situation. I don't care that she forgot to pay. Or that it fell through the cracks. Kyle was clearly keeping this in her back pocket all these months to humiliate Garcelle, and it's clearly blown up in her face. It doesn't matter what Garcelle did, Kyle now looks like a MUCH bigger asshole.

Everyone's been saying how great Erika looked - I think she'd look much prettier if she didn't trowel on so much make-up. I thought she looked ridiculous. Everyone else looked varying degrees of fine. Teddi's pink hair actually looked good on her, and I hate Teddi.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

THIS. At this point, I don't care what Denise said or did or lied about. These hyenas are so despicable in their pile-on, that I'm automatically on team Denise no matter how much she prevaricates.

I hope a house falls on Rinna. And Erika too - What. A. Bitch. They're clearly furious that the public isn't on their side. I don't follow any of them on social media, but it sounds like they're just doubling down even more. And the whole "you made us look like assholes" is exactly what an abusive bully always says: "Look what you made me do!". Sorry ladies, y'all accomplished that on your own.

In the same vein is the Garcelle charity situation. I don't care that she forgot to pay. Or that it fell through the cracks. Kyle was clearly keeping this in her back pocket all these months to humiliate Garcelle, and it's clearly blown up in her face. It doesn't matter what Garcelle did, Kyle now looks like a MUCH bigger asshole.

Everyone's been saying how great Erika looked - I think she'd look much prettier if she didn't trowel on so much make-up. I thought she looked ridiculous. Everyone else looked varying degrees of fine. Teddi's pink hair actually looked good on her, and I hate Teddi.

Exactly!  I read this morning Denise is out for next season.  Rinna/Kyle/Teddi/Erika need to follow.  Leave Garcelle/Sutton/Dorit and add a few newbies.  I also don't think cast members should stay long enough to perceive themselves as the Queen (Kyle/LVP).  Once they know the other cast members so well they can start manipulating story lines and hiding their own shit it is no longer fun.   Kyle manipulated the entire Brandi outing and she overplayed her hand.  As it was happening you could see how sloppy she was.  She just isn't a big brain.  Bless her heart.  Teddi is just a follower who feels herself when she has a protector like Kyle.  Pipe down there Teddi.  She is not as smart as she thinks she is either.  

Rinna-only story is her heinous children, her tired leopard dresses and her manic insta dancing.  She also seems <whispers> so angry!

Erika-only has her costumes and a cute dog.  No concerts are happening, Broadway dark, WTF can she offer?  She offers no peek in to her life.

Teddi-grating and boring and I too have a small disdain for her clothing.  Ok, it is a huge disdain.  Seriously, who dressed her??? 

Kyle-mean and intellectually stunted who is the only one who thinks she is funny.  Not showing her family or what is going on in her life.  Sure she talks about it occasionally but she talks more about others stuff to keep Mo's new found love of the green and casual clothes out of focus.  Is Portia going thru an ugly stage cause she was showing her constantly and now nothing.  I am actually ok with this.  Also she needs to quit talking over people.  No pearls of wisdom coming from that pie hole.

While I like Denise, she was not interesting enough to dominate 2 reunions.  Tells me there was a lot of cast members hiding their own shit.  And seriously if they bring back shrunken apple headed Kim and Brandi with her really bad plastic surgery and lack of dimension as a character, I will be doing a lot of ffing.

• Love 9