Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E17: Reunion Part I

• Start Topic

On 9/4/2020 at 6:14 AM, Beachdreamer said:

Yes.  Denise was a terrible mess for a good deal of the season.  She looked tired, and and either drunk or stoned often.  She would say one thing, then say something else that contradicted it.  With the exception of the "I was talking" line at the reunion, she brought little of the D-F-R suave we were promised when arguing with the women.  The other women accused her of trying to make them look bad, but frankly, Denise didn't have to do that, and probably couldn't have pulled it off  at all and certainly not nearly as spectacularly as the women themselves did. 

I wonder what's going on with Denise that she's allowing herself to be filmed in this condition, unless she's got substance problems so bad she incorrectly thinks she's able to hide it well. I didn't buy her explanation the her makeup powder made her eyes red--exactly something someone who'd just smoked some pot would say. The last thing you'd think Denise would want to do is allow her brain to be affected before filming a reunion. 

I really liked last season's Denise, this season's Denise has me worried. She just looks terrible and can't remember things accurately. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 6
On 9/4/2020 at 12:46 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

Kyle is lying right off the bat with the "everyone else who made a donation paid that night."  I just cannot believe that happening.  I don't see the likes of Kris Jenner remembering to bring a separate check to pay for the donation on the spot.  The finances of these people are so much more complex than the rest of us, and they have multiple banks accounts to pay for everything and business managers who oversee all of this.  Garcelle would not have been the only one to forget to bring the right check or credit card to pay.  The real organizers of the event would have the necessary resources and experience of making sure the donations get paid.  We also saw Kyle and Mauricio ask the guests to just give additional donations beyond the cost of the ticket and the different auction items.  

So yes, Kyle is accusing Garcelle of pledging money on camera to make Garcelle look good to viewers with an added dollop of racism thrown in.  Her black castmate is the one who didn't pony up at the end of the night while all of her white friends did.  

She is the only black cast member. Are we to tread lightly because she's black?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I think Garcelle is okay, but she does seem very fake and mean to me. Her comment about how tight she was after having sex for the first time in 7-years was really gross and immature. It said a lot about her to me. Her questions to the other ladies aren't "deep" like she says. They are rude and immature. Like she can't think of anything else to say. She knows very well she didn't pay the 5K. She was just shocked that Kyle called her out on it. Her text to her "manager" was to request a payment to be made asap. 

So yes, Garcelle fits right in on this show with a bunch of dimwitted aging actors of differing degrees of success. No one, IMO, can act for shit. The only person that has ever had any true acting talent is Kim, and her day is long gone.

Lisa Rinna was extra loud and tattle-telling and what is wrong with her? Denise might have been acting a little clueless and condescending, but gaslighting-- I don't think so. Lisa Rinna, if that's her def of gaslighting, is the gaslighter.

Dorit and Sutton win this season. 

I agree. I don't really think Garcelle is classier or above this show or other women.  She's catty and fake like the rest of them.

• Love 8

I thought Garcelle’s comment about being tight was hilarious! Maybe I’m gross and immature too. Oh well!

On 9/4/2020 at 7:47 AM, Beachdreamer said:

Erika is married to a litigator who is famous for compelling arguments, and Denise's weird husband comes in and quietly owns them all with, We invited you to our home and then simply asked you to be aware that our teenagers could hear you.  Weird Aaron wins for Denise. 

I like Denise and agree with some of your points, but definitely disagree that Aaron owned anyone. I thought he came off as controlling, condescending and, well, just plain weird. His whole “they’re following us” and “she’s protected” were very WTF while his comment about “crushing” Denise’s hand as they were leaving Kyle’s BBQ bordered on disturbing. Not even gonna touch on his shady practice that uses energy/frequency to help cure cancer. 

Denise has a history of choosing awful men and—while he’s not Charlie Sheen levels of crazy—Aaron isn’t an exception. 

8 hours ago, endure said:

She is so sad and pathetic and the opposite of WAP. Go away Rinna. 

• Love 7
On 9/2/2020 at 8:11 PM, RealHousewife said:

I wouldn't want this show to get super political or anything, but I'm glad they did touch race. Garcelle could never get away with Erika's attitude without being called an "angry black woman." If Rinna were black, she'd be called ghetto or a thug for throwing glass and sending threatening texts. 

Ditto on Kyle. She does the whole wide-eyed, just being honest schtick, but she's far from innocent. She doesn't care about any of these women's families or reputations. She led the gang-up last season and again this season, and she waited until the reunion to ask Garcelle about the donation for a reason. She should have asked Garcelle about that off camera months ago, but she just had to make her look bad. 

I think Garcelle was getting back what she was putting out there.  Her claim that Kyle ignored her was completely bogus, and her nasty crack at Kyle from the podium at the charity event was unjustified and a bad look for a newbie.  

• Love 9
On 9/2/2020 at 10:28 PM, Callaphera said:

Garcelle said that she emailed her business manager about it - I'm hoping that in Part 3 of the reunion, Garcelle comes in with the receipt email saying that she had already paid in full, Kyle

I don't know about other folks, but if I've pledged 5 Gs to some organization, I'd have to transfer the amount from my savings and I'd damn sure know whether or not it had been done.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 9/3/2020 at 12:50 AM, bichonblitz said:

Did I hear Erika call Denise a "motherfucker"? Miss priss married to the high powered attorney? What the hell is she so pissed off about? 

Denise likes to smoke a lot of pot, hence the bloodshot eyes. When you're smoking pot it slows down your responses and it's difficult to fight back with quick comebacks when these bitches are attacking you. She's too slow on the take. That's my interpretation of Denise tonight. 

Last season on camera Denise knocked back lots of tequila shots, so there's also that I'm sure.

• Love 2
On 9/3/2020 at 5:33 AM, IslandGirl said:

I'm not a fan of Kyle's, but Garcelle came for Kyle in public when she "joked" about how not all the women were her friends. That was absolutely uncalled for (not necessarily Garcelle's feelings about Kyle, but as a hostess of the event, she chose to make one of her guests uncomfortable which is poor manners as she could have spoken privately with Kyle).  I'd have a lot more respect for Garcelle if she'd just said yeah, that was a crappy thing to do instead of falsely claiming she was just joking.

Since race keeps being brought up, imagine if a white woman had stood up on that stage (rather than Garcelle) & said they were not all her friends in reference to a black woman (rather than Kyle)! Since Garcelle threw the first punch, I have no problem with Kyle returning said punch at the reunion. She owed nothing to Garcelle. Next time, make sure your business/finance manager pays your bills so it doesn't "innocently fall through the cracks" which is what Garcelle said happened AFTER saying Kyle lied about her not paying. Kyle did not lie, it hadn't been paid.

That said, I do like many things about Garcelle, but was very disappointed in her thinking it was okay to publicly humiliate someone & then say just kidding! Then immediately calling Kyle a liar, when indeed the $5,000 had not been paid. Garcelle strikes me as someone who cannot admit when she's wrong. Other than that, which for me is huge, I like other things about her but that was a big turn off...

She said it "innocently fell through the cracks" & had not been paid AFTER saying on the reunion it was a lie!

Garcelle accused Kyle of being "full of shit" when she said Garcelle hadn't paid her charity pledge.  Pretty nasty thing to say when she truly didn't know whether or not it had been paid.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

If there is no private on reality tv then why did she bust a glass and threaten Kim for wanting to talk about Harry? 

Exactly! I wouldn’t go near Lisa’s Twitter, but if I did want to get into the gutter then I’d reply, “OK, then let’s talk about your husband, your pill-popping and your eating disorder.” 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 6
On 9/3/2020 at 5:50 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

Kyle would have a leg to stand on IF she had reached out to G or hell even G's business manager and said "hey remember that donation?" but she didnt reach out so again it comes across has she didnt care she never got the money for the charity she only cared cause it gave her ammunition for the reunion ... at no point did kyle say she said she would make the donation and i reached out to see why i never got it ...

And why exactly would reaching out to Garcelle be Kyle's responsibility?  Charities have people whose job is to do just that, and my guess is that the charity had sent notice to whatever contact info Garcelle gave that it hadn't been paid.  Likely more than once.  How's that Kyle's bad?

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

And why exactly would reaching out to Garcelle be Kyle's responsibility?  Charities have people whose job is to do just that, and my guess is that the charity had sent notice to whatever contact info Garcelle gave that it hadn't been paid.  Likely more than once.  How's that Kyle's bad?

Garcelle is a fronting, just like Dorit.

Edited by OdinO.
sp
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Anne Thrax said:

don't know about other folks, but if I've pledged 5 Gs to some organization, I'd have to transfer the amount from my savings and I'd damn sure know whether or not it had been done.

Not me.  I wouldn't really track it or know.  

Edited by albarino
49 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

Because she took it upon herself to know that she didn’t pay she took it upon herself to use that knowledge to bring up at the reunion... if the charity was that important to her that she knew who did and who didn’t make their donations then yes it was her responsibility to reach out and say hey girl hey we work together did you forget not wait with glee in hopes that you have something to attack her with 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 13
19 minutes ago, albarino said:

I wonder why the Umansky's chose Children's Hospitals as the recipient of their largesse.  TRICARE pays an extra stipend because the kid is in a Children's Hospital (vs DRG in a regular hospital).  Of course, Medicare isn't in the game (unless due to ESRD or something) and I wonder what happens with Medicaid in CA.  I would think a Shriner's Hospital or St. Jude would be more worthy.  

I feel like there was a story in some prior season about Mauricio or some other child in their family of his generation having had some illness and being treated there.  But I could have just made that up.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Because she took it upon herself to know that she didn’t pay she took it upon herself to use that knowledge to bring up at the reunion... if the charity was that important to her that she knew who did and who didn’t make their donations then yes it was her responsibility to reach out and say hey girl hey we work together did you forget not wait with glee in hopes that you have something to attack her with 

Unless these episodes are being shown out of order that they are filmed there should have been planty of times that Kyle saw Garcelle between the auction and the reunion. A decent person would have asked her privately if she could send the payment. A bitchy person waits until she has an audience to bring up the non payment just to embarrass someone. This was Kyle's event. She didn't need "her people" to do this. There is no way to excuse her behavior. She knew exactly what she was doing. 

• Love 10

How many notices do you think the hospital fundraising office sent. IMO several. Why would Kyle confront Garcelle? Garcelle came for Kyle hard and she should have been ready for a response.

Edited by OdinO.
32 minutes ago, OdinO. said:

How many notices do you think the hospital fundraisers office sent. IMO several. Why would Kyle confront Garcelle? Garcelle came for Kyle hard and she should have been ready for a response.

Why did Kyle know in the first place if it was the fundraiser that was reaching out to G??? If the fundraiser people then asked Kyle hey do you know why she didn't pay? why didn't Kyle reach out with that phone number she has and ask herself if it bothered her that much?  why did she table that and wait for the reunion? to be a bitch thats why ... if it was about the charity then it shouldn't have mattered what G said or did, Kyle should have been the bigger person she was the one representing the charity not the petty drama that was going on......by Kyle holding on to the information and not asking about it before the shooting  of the reunion it wasnt about the charity or if she paid or not it was oh good I got something on her now ... it makes Kyle look petty .... ok I’m gonna finish talking about the charity thing now 🙂 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 12
9 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Why did Kyle know in the first place if it was the fundraiser that was reaching out to G??? If the fundraiser people then asked Kyle hey do you know why she didn't pay? why didn't Kyle reach out with that phone number she has and ask herself if it bothered her that much?  why did she table that and wait for the reunion? to be a bitch thats why ... if it was about the charity then it shouldn't have mattered what G said or did, Kyle should have been the bigger person she was the one representing the charity not the petty drama that was going on......by Kyle holding on to the information and not asking about it before the shooting  of the reunion it wasnt about the charity or if she paid or not it was oh good I got something on her now ... it makes Kyle look petty 

I think Kyle was looking for dirt so she called them and they told her. She used it. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

I think Garcelle was getting back what she was putting out there.  Her claim that Kyle ignored her was completely bogus, and her nasty crack at Kyle from the podium at the charity event was unjustified and a bad look for a newbie.  

2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Exactly. 

1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Why did Kyle know in the first place if it was the fundraiser that was reaching out to G??? If the fundraiser people then asked Kyle hey do you know why she didn't pay? why didn't Kyle reach out with that phone number she has and ask herself if it bothered her that much?  why did she table that and wait for the reunion? to be a bitch thats why ... if it was about the charity then it shouldn't have mattered what G said or did, Kyle should have been the bigger person she was the one representing the charity not the petty drama that was going on......by Kyle holding on to the information and not asking about it before the shooting  of the reunion it wasnt about the charity or if she paid or not it was oh good I got something on her now ... it makes Kyle look petty .... ok I’m gonna finish talking about the charity thing now 🙂 

It's so Kyle, and I'm not someone who's always antiKyle or anything. There have been seasons she's been a favorite of mine. She's just back in her full mean girl glory this year. Look at what she pulled with the Brandi and Denise drama. She was part of bringing the story to light and making the point Brandi doesn't lie, blah blah. She doesn't care who she hurts. But she's oh so sensitive! Yes, she cries like a baby at the slightest offense toward her, but she can spare me with her delicate soul act. She's not sensitive toward other people's feelings, families, and reputations. Ditto Teddi. I wish these two would toughen up and/or be kinder. If Kyle were a consistently sensitive, sweet person who was confused about negative things Garcelle said, I'd be on her side. There are some truly good people who are sometimes disliked over nothing, and it breaks your heart. That's just not Kyle. lol

• Love 16
3 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Unless these episodes are being shown out of order that they are filmed there should have been planty of times that Kyle saw Garcelle between the auction and the reunion. A decent person would have asked her privately if she could send the payment. A bitchy person waits until she has an audience to bring up the non payment just to embarrass someone. This was Kyle's event. She didn't need "her people" to do this. There is no way to excuse her behavior. She knew exactly what she was doing. 

It’s typical Kyle shadiness.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

I like Denise and agree with some of your points, but definitely disagree that Aaron owned anyone. I thought he came off as controlling, condescending and, well, just plain weird. His whole “they’re following us” and “she’s protected” were very WTF while his comment about “crushing” Denise’s hand as they were leaving Kyle’s BBQ bordered on disturbing. Not even gonna touch on his shady practice that uses energy/frequency to help cure cancer. 

Denise has a history of choosing awful men and—while he’s not Charlie Sheen levels of crazy—Aaron isn’t an exception. 

Oh yes, he was a complete nut job in many scenes.  That's what made it so remarkable that he just came in and  firmly but quietly delivered the most rational thing anyone at all said about the whole dinner/threesome/Sami debacle, which was basically, We invited you into our home and broke bread with you and then asked you to be careful of what you said around our teenagers, and you didn't honor our wishes.

Had any other husband had that line, it would have faded from my memory.  What really stuck is that Erika, who can hold her own in a verbal spar, and is married to a man who does exactly that for a living, was completely, firmly, calmly out-argued, and by Weird Aaron.

I would lay money that succinct argument is what really made Erika and Teddi feel that they looked like asses.  Because that's exactly what happened there.  Well- truthfully, NOT Teddi, because I don't think she actually even said anything about threesomes, but in defiance of Teddi's tagline, she in fact does everyone's dirty work, including feeling like an ass on their behalf.

• Love 20
6 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

I don't know about other folks, but if I've pledged 5 Gs to some organization, I'd have to transfer the amount from my savings and I'd damn sure know whether or not it had been done.

Well I would probably put it on my credit card and at least get some points and I would also be looking for that receipt for income tax purposes.....but I won't be donating 5 G's any time soon!

• LOL 7
19 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

I don't understand injecting race into the issue.  Kyle obviously has the facts that one of her cast mates made a pledge at her charity event that had not yet been honored.  I doubt Kyle has anything to do with collecting the pledges made that day, and probably just saw it as a name on a list.  As we saw, Garcelle wasn't really sure whether or not she had paid and said she sent an email to her business manager to find out.

I'm not "injecting" anything, and as a matter of fact, neither is Kyle. Not purposely anyway. I just exist in a reality where comments have more deleterious effects on some races than others. I won't go into real world examples, because thats not what these forums are about, but there is another franchise that's illustrative. In season one of RHOA when Kim did not attend DeShawn's sunset BBQ, in her talking head she said, "I didn't want to go over there with them and eat chicken." It seems an innocent enough comment and the dislike between her and other attendees was mutual, but because of American history the comment reads terribly, and Nene called it out at the Reunion.

Also, Kyle's IG comment (as well as Lisa Rinna's) confirm how underhanded her intent was by implying she didn't have the money and that she was fronting for the cameras. Kyle has now claimed everyone else paid that night, only Garcelle had not, and from what we saw from the reunion she mentioned nothing about any other attempts to reach out. Kyle wanted it to look like Garcelle bilked her. This for me is what sticks in my craw, attempting to make it look like Garcelle was fleecing her and the charity for the sake of the cameras goes beyond just embarrassing her for non-payment. We can see the difference in how Kenya and Nene and the $20k donation thing (which someone mentioned upthread) played out. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, EmZeeGee said:

Also, Kyle's IG comment (as well as Lisa Rinna's) confirm how underhanded her intent was by implying she didn't have the money and that she was fronting for the cameras. Kyle has now claimed everyone else paid that night, only Garcelle had not, and from what we saw from the reunion she mentioned nothing about any other attempts to reach out. Kyle wanted it to look like Garcelle bilked her. This for me is what sticks in my craw, attempting to make it look like Garcelle was fleecing her and the charity for the sake of the cameras goes beyond just embarrassing her for non-payment.

Yes!  I don't watch RHOA so I can't add anything there but I thought the whole set up was very bad.  Kyle went out of her way to make Garcelle look bad but she only made herself look terrible.  

And I also have to add my own two cents.....Children's Hospitals are profitable health care operations.  They aren't charity and they make money.  Don't get me wrong; caring for children is noble. I hope the funds raised went to something good; do we know where the funds went?  I would like to think the funds went to pay bad debts for patients, not golf tournaments for the execs.  Given Kyle, you can never know.  

Edited by albarino
  • Love 5
On 9/6/2020 at 8:02 AM, OdinO. said:

She is the only black cast member. Are we to tread lightly because she's black?

No.  But neither is Kyle free to dabble in stereotypes without being called out for it. And if I (a white chick originally from Montreal) can hear the dog whistle in Kyle's attempt to publicly humiliate a black woman, then so can Kyle. 

Maybe Richards is too busy cozying up to racists like Brandi Glanville ("You can swim because you're not black" "I'll call you Yoyce”) to actually practice all that woke racial change shit she was fronting during the reunion. Much more fun playing (failed) gotcha with Garcelle.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 17
8 minutes ago, film noire said:

No.  But neither are people - like Kyle - free to invoke stereotypes without being called out for it.

And if I (as a white chick originally from Montreal) can grasp the dog whistle in Kyle's attempt at humiliating a black woman, then so can Kyle. But I guess Richards is just too busy cozying up to racists like Brandi Glanville ("You can swim because you're not black" "I'll call you Yoyce”) to actually practice all that deep racial change she was fronting during the reunion. Much more fun playing (failed) gotcha with Garcelle.

This is such a good point. None of us can change the past. Most of us are not in politics or law enforcement. Most people only have so much money to donate to different causes. But what's something each and every one of us can do? Be nice and fair to everyone, no matter the color, and try to be sensitive toward stereotypes. There is so much faux wokeness going on right now, people posting all this crap on social media pretending they care, when they know zero stats, don't even care about injustice. They just want to look like the good guys. There are people who maybe aren't as knowledgable about racial issues and argue they don't see injustice and don't want to align themselves with movements they find political or dangerous. They're often dismissed as horrible racist people. Many of them are. However, I think a lot of them genuinely don't get racism or see it, but they have no hatred in their hearts and treat everyone with kindness and love. I prefer these people to the phony, pernicious allies. 

Speaking of the phony, pernicious allies, they're not even really part of the faux woke crowd. They know all about racism and stereotyping, and they weaponize both. Kyle may not be LVP smart, but she's not that dumb. Make of that what you will...

• Love 8
2 hours ago, film noire said:

No.  But neither is Kyle free to dabble in stereotypes without being called out for it. And if I (a white chick originally from Montreal) can hear the dog whistle in Kyle's attempt to publicly humiliate a black woman, then so can Kyle. 

Maybe Richards is too busy cozying up to racists like Brandi Glanville ("You can swim because you're not black" "I'll call you Yoyce”) to actually practice all that woke racial change shit she was fronting during the reunion. 

I've never heard that stereotype about a group of people. I'm Kyle's age, maybe she is unaware of that stereotype as well.  So I suppose you are telling me that Garcelle cannot be publicly humiliated by her actions because she is just a member of a group not a fully individual woman. I find that demeaning .

Edited by OdinO.
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, albarino said:

Yes!  I don't watch RHOA so I can't add anything there but I thought the whole set up was very bad.  Kyle went out of her way to make Garcelle look bad but she only made herself look terrible.  

And I also have to add my own two cents.....Children's Hospitals are profitable health care operations.  They aren't charity and they make money.  Don't get me wrong; caring for children is noble. I hope the funds raised went to something good; do we know where the funds went?  I would like to think the funds went to pay bad debts for patients, not golf tournaments for the execs.  Given Kyle, you can never know.  

Children's Hospital LA is a nonprofit.   Exactly how these donations are used would appear on their annual report since they have to disclose by law.  Charity Navigator gives it a score of 100 out of 100.  It's a legitimate charity.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, albarino said:

Hmm... is she prancing around with another new Birkin bag?  Wouldn’t put it past her.

• Love 1

Children's Hospital Los Angeles is a non-profit, private pediatric hospital under the leadership of a volunteer Board of Directors and Foundation Board of Trustees, consisting of community leaders and physicians.

Non-profits have to make a profit or they don't exist.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, albarino said:

Children's Hospital Los Angeles is a non-profit, private pediatric hospital under the leadership of a volunteer Board of Directors and Foundation Board of Trustees, consisting of community leaders and physicians.

Non-profits have to make a profit or they don't exist.  

In order to be a 501(c)3 nonprofit, the organization cannot make a profit.   Profit is not the same as revenue.   Of course CHLA generates revenue or they would have folded decades ago.  They charge some patients,  bill insurance for others, and provide medical care at no cost to others.  But at the end of their fiscal year they do not have extra money sitting in their accounts.  If they did, then they would have to pay taxes on all of their revenue.   

Listening to Kyle's account about Mauricio,  it sounds like he received care at no cost as a child.  I can see wanting to give back to the place that potentially saved your life as a child.  I give the Umanskys credit for that.  Unless, they used some of the $500,000 raised to pay for the event.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Listening to Kyle's account about Mauricio,  it sounds like he received care at no cost as a child.  I can see wanting to give back to the place that potentially saved your life as a child.  I give the Umanskys credit for that.  Unless, they used some of the $500,000 raised to pay for the event.   

I always wonder this, about all the charity Galas and Balls.  That food & alcohol ain't cheap, nor is the entertainment.

It always irks me to see how much money gets spent at these events, even if, say, the catering is a donation, as is the entertainment, etc.  
Why don't all the caterers, the entertainers, and the people who attend the events and spend thousands on outfits, instead send all of that money to the charity itself?

It has to be $300,000 at least, just to throw the event.  Each woman spent $5000+ on clothing, shoes, hair.  Add in the entertainment, and you're close to a million dollars, that could be going to the children.

I get invited to these Galas all the time in my city.  The cheapest seat, at the lunch events, is $250.  For dinner, it's often $1000.  Not to mention the clothing, hair blowout, makeup, shoes.  Each woman usually spends around $2000 total, and of that, around 10-15% actually ends up in the hands of the charity.  I stopped going a few years ago, and just send a check.  I get all these "Where are you's?" from people.....um, I'm sittin' home, eating ice cream, sending your charity a check.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
On 9/6/2020 at 1:43 PM, OdinO. said:

I think Kyle was looking for dirt so she called them and they told her. She used it. 

I don't even think Kyle had to go looking. Garcelle had an issue with Kyle you could see it if you watched the season. Kyle probably is friendly with people who manage different parts of the charity. Let's face it all these women are catty, the chances that they associate with other snarky gossip loving catty woman is highly likely😄. One of those "friends" of Kyle could have thought Garcelle was going after Kyle and informed kyle that Garcelle never followed through with the payment. And Kyle used the info to strike back. I could easily see this happening,  I could also see anyone of the other women doing it to someone one they had issues with. 

• Love 5
On 9/6/2020 at 8:17 AM, Duke2801 said:

Thank you. The idea that Aaron "owned" anyone - quietly or otherwise - made me laugh out loud.  

I suspect Aaron is just as much an asshole to production as he is to the other women, which is why we ended up seeing all of his crazy this season. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Thank you. The idea that Aaron "owned" anyone - quietly or otherwise - made me laugh out loud.  

I suspect Aaron is just as much an asshole to production as he is to the other women, which is why we ended up seeing all of his crazy this season. 

Aaron has asshole written all over him. I didn't enjoy him last season even while I did enjoy Denise. This season 🤮 to both of them. I dislike him so much I felt a bit of sympathy for PK when he was trying to have a conversation with Aaron. 😄that really says alot about how much I can't stand Aaron. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Starlight925 said:

I always wonder this, about all the charity Galas and Balls.  That food & alcohol ain't cheap, nor is the entertainment.

It always irks me to see how much money gets spent at these events, even if, say, the catering is a donation, as is the entertainment, etc.  
Why don't all the caterers, the entertainers, and the people who attend the events and spend thousands on outfits, instead send all of that money to the charity itself?

It has to be $300,000 at least, just to throw the event.  Each woman spent $5000+ on clothing, shoes, hair.  Add in the entertainment, and you're close to a million dollars, that could be going to the children.

I get invited to these Galas all the time in my city.  The cheapest seat, at the lunch events, is $250.  For dinner, it's often $1000.  Not to mention the clothing, hair blowout, makeup, shoes.  Each woman usually spends around $2000 total, and of that, around 10-15% actually ends up in the hands of the charity.  I stopped going a few years ago, and just send a check.  I get all these "Where are you's?" from people.....um, I'm sittin' home, eating ice cream, sending your charity a check.

Are we really debating whether or not Children's Hospital of Los Angeles is a non-profit and whether or not charitable galas are a good idea because people here just hate Kyle that much?

First of all, all of those "caterers, entertainers," etc. are people who rely on that business for their jobs. Ask them how they are doing this year, when most of these events had to be canceled, before you scoff at their importance. 

Secondly, most nonprofits have a marketing and communications budget, of which galas are usually a part. Usually the revenue generation from those events far outweigh the costs, but regardless, raising money COSTS money, too. You just don't learn about those nonprofits that you "sending your charity a check" by just sitting at home, you learn about them because they have people making sure you are aware of them.  In any case, those events become social occasions that allow other people in their communities to network with each other and socialize, while also raising money for a good cause. I'm not sure why anyone would be offended with a charity providing networking and community-building opportunities while also raising awareness of whatever cause they work on AND providing jobs for the hospitality industry a BAD thing. But i guess it takes all stripes.

I would imagine in this particular case, the show actually paid for a lot of the food and drink - or Kyle and Mauricio did. So I doubt it cost the hospital much at all. But regardless of Kyle's behavior at the reunion with Garcelle, there's zero reason IMO to give Children's Hospital a hard time for the event. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Are we really debating whether or not Children's Hospital of Los Angeles is a non-profit and whether or not charitable galas are a good idea because people here just hate Kyle that much?

First of all, all of those "caterers, entertainers," etc. are people who rely on that business for their jobs. Ask them how they are doing this year, when most of these events had to be canceled, before you scoff at their importance. 

Secondly, most nonprofits have a marketing and communications budget, of which galas are usually a part. Usually the revenue generation from those events far outweigh the costs, but regardless, raising money COSTS money, too. You just don't learn about those nonprofits that you "sending your charity a check" by just sitting at home, you learn about them because they have people making sure you are aware of them.  In any case, those events become social occasions that allow other people in their communities to network with each other and socialize, while also raising money for a good cause. I'm not sure why anyone would be offended with a charity providing networking and community-building opportunities while also raising awareness of whatever cause they work on AND providing jobs for the hospitality industry a BAD thing. But i guess it takes all stripes.

I would imagine in this particular case, the show actually paid for a lot of the food and drink - or Kyle and Mauricio did. So I doubt it cost the hospital much at all. But regardless of Kyle's behavior at the reunion with Garcelle, there's zero reason IMO to give Children's Hospital a hard time for the event. 

My post had nothing to do with whether Children's Hospital is a non-profit, or about Kyle.  I didn't even mention Kyle in my post, nor did I even mention this particular charity, so not sure where any of that came from.  Please do not put words in my mouth.

In fact, I looked up the charity while I was watching the show, and it sounds like a wonderful organization, and I commend Kyle and Mauricio for supporting it.

I stand by what I did say in my post, so we'll have to agree to disagree.

Anyway, this is getting off topic, as this started about Kyle calling out Garcelle at the Reunion about her $5000.  Kyle, wrong, wrong, wrong.  Such bad form.  No, girl, you do not call out someone on national T.V.  You call her, you text her, you invite her for coffee, and you quietly remind her of it.  Her manager likely forgot to send the check.  She's good for it.  Calling her out at the Reunion?  What a horrible thing to do.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

I don't think Denise is right for this show. She does not seem to care one bit about anyone, she doesn't want the camera time, and it seems like it is a job for her. Ericka, Dorit, Kyle, and Rinna, are SUPER into it. They get glam squads for their outings to the park. They constantly bring drama and consumerism. Ericka, Kyle, and Dorit are obsessed with luxury and appearing rich.

I don't think Denise cares about that. She's not trying to prove she is rich or that she has a lot of money, If anything, she's told people she doesn't have a lot a money and needs to work to support her family. The petty drama probably is getting to her, because she doesn't have the luxury of not working like the others. She has a contract and she is an actor and that's how she makes money. So she has weird hours and I do think she is very very tired.  I feel for Denise. And I don't think she remembers what's going on/ what was said, because she isn't taking this as seriously as the others who consult with others and practice their interviews.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

I don't think Denise is right for this show. She does not seem to care one bit about anyone, she doesn't want the camera time, and it seems like it is a job for her.

Plus the whole yelling 'Bravo, Bravo, Bravo" when she wants cameras to cut.  Does she not realize she's on a reality show and not the set of a movie?  She just needs to cut her loses on this and leave.  She'll actually look better if she walks away.  Staying now seems like a ridiculous proposition.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

I don't think Denise is right for this show. She does not seem to care one bit about anyone, she doesn't want the camera time, and it seems like it is a job for her. Ericka, Dorit, Kyle, and Rinna, are SUPER into it. They get glam squads for their outings to the park. They constantly bring drama and consumerism. Ericka, Kyle, and Dorit are obsessed with luxury and appearing rich.

I don't think Denise cares about that. She's not trying to prove she is rich or that she has a lot of money, If anything, she's told people she doesn't have a lot a money and needs to work to support her family. The petty drama probably is getting to her, because she doesn't have the luxury of not working like the others. She has a contract and she is an actor and that's how she makes money. So she has weird hours and I do think she is very very tired.  I feel for Denise. And I don't think she remembers what's going on/ what was said, because she isn't taking this as seriously as the others who consult with others and practice their interviews.

I haven't been watching this season, but have been reading along. I think, from what I've read, THIS may be the real issue behind the alleged (and probably true) jealousy of Denise as a working actress. They don't need the money, but would cut a bitch (from a show) to have the kind of steady acting work that Denise has. They are all (imo) wannabes. None of them achieved the same level as Denise. Rinna had steady work in the Melrose Place days, but since then? Kyle, unsuccessfully, tried to produce her own show, and has had a few roles, and Erika has Always wanted to be on stage. Dorit seems happy, as long as she can flash her labels, and it seems Garcelle(?) doesn't care, because she's a working actress too, has been busy, and is new, so hasn't quite caught on yet. Teddi is used to living in the shadows, so as long as she has a shadow to live in, she's cool. jmo.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Starlight925 said:

My post had nothing to do with whether Children's Hospital is a non-profit, or about Kyle.  I didn't even mention Kyle in my post, nor did I even mention this particular charity, so not sure where any of that came from.  Please do not put words in my mouth.

In fact, I looked up the charity while I was watching the show, and it sounds like a wonderful organization, and I commend Kyle and Mauricio for supporting it.

I stand by what I did say in my post, so we'll have to agree to disagree.

Anyway, this is getting off topic, as this started about Kyle calling out Garcelle at the Reunion about her $5000.  Kyle, wrong, wrong, wrong.  Such bad form.  No, girl, you do not call out someone on national T.V.  You call her, you text her, you invite her for coffee, and you quietly remind her of it.  Her manager likely forgot to send the check.  She's good for it.  Calling her out at the Reunion?  What a horrible thing to do.

I was referring to the general tenor of a few posts here, one which questioned whether or not the hospital is a charity and yours, which questioned the whole need for charitable events. So yes, I conflated a few posts, but I also stand by the things I articulated in my post in reaction to yours.  While I won't "agree to disagree" - because it makes no sense to me to "disagree" about what is factually correct about the effectiveness of charitable events - I am certainly fine to say you have your opinion, and I have mine, and the two aren't likely to meet. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 2
On 9/3/2020 at 11:48 AM, Happy Camper said:

The anger around Brandi not being present at the reunion is over the top. I get that Brandi is being used as their weapon and they were stripped of their ammo. Too bad.

What angered me most of all as a viewer is the absolute fakery around introducing the Brandi story. In my opinion the whole season was flopping (which had been predicted after LVP left) and this was a desparate Hail Mary pass to try and make something, ANYTHING happen. Teddi's pregnancy, Erika's Chicago, Kyle and Rinna's NOTHING AT ALL would not have sustained interest. We tried the mommy shaming story, but still that's just not enough. It's just silly and BORING.

So in comes Brandi, in what was supposed to be a "oh just happened to drop by with Kim" to drop off a dress in the most ridiculously obvious faked scene. SHOCKER! Brandi's emotional confession about Denise. Then Brandi just happens to be in the neighbourhood during the baby shower. What???? Next Brandi arrives at Dorit's party as a surprise plus one with Kim. Not exactly gaslighting us but sure as hell close to it. Are we really supposed to believe this bullshit? Are we not to question what's real and what's all production staging? 

So now I'm unhappy with producers trying to trick me. But then Kyle buys into it and instigates it using Kim. Teddi just happens to be there as a witness. Then we move it along by bringing Rinna on board who is shocked at this reveal about her "friend".

Now they all want THE TRUTH. That's all. Is that too much to ask?

Why did they not pursue THE TRUTH around the bankrupcy situations? Why did not a single one of them insist on pursuing THE TRUTH when Mauricio's business was in legal trouble? What about Tom's legal situation? You can bet your sweet ass that there would have been a shitload of C & D's if that had been the case. They were all just given light mention by Camille and at the reunion and moved on from in seconds. Actually, Mauricio's Agency thing wasn't mentioned at all last season . The Agency wasn't even part of this season for the first time that I can remember when usually there is some sort of event promoting it.

Denise did not handle it well, but who would have? She was used as a scapegoat to save the season from a whole bowl of nuthin'. I don't think she saw this coming and she went into defense mode. Well guess what, so would Dorit or Erika or Kyle or Rinna if it happened to them. Instead, they somehow managed to keep their bullshit problems out of it.

It's just the hippocracy and phoniness of it all that makes me angry. 

Rinna can just fuck right off with her "GASLIGHTING GASLIGHTING GASLIIGHTING!"

This part of the reunion just makes them look like bigger assholes and it's no one's fault but their own. 

BRAVO!

• Love 10
3 hours ago, film noire said:

The only good thing to come out of this season is Kyle being forced to wear Brandi around her neck like a truth-telling albatross; the woman who trashed her husband is now the Mother Theresa of Beverly Hills. Karma finally arrived on Kyle's doorstep.

Love this!

• Love 9

I totally agree that these $1,000 tables or seats are really expensive and the cost for the attendees can be a lot. Totally not in my budget but I’m sure women in this echelon of society are invited to numerous events which all require a new dress and lots of other costs. 
However, these things must make a profit or they would not keep happening- money does talk.

My woman’s club puts on a fashion show and luncheon every year (except this year). It is $25 a ticket, it is not a high flouting event. We’re usually net about $7,000 which for us is amazing. We make most our money from silent auction items, most of which are donated from businesses. There is a lot of outlay from club members’ personal finances that do go into the equation but aren’t accounted for.

We have a lot of return for our buck and everyone attending is there for a purpose and come from lots of different socioeconomic situations.

I’ve been to a few of the $250 a ticket galas and it does seem a lot of the people are more intent upon socializing vs. the charity at hand.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, film noire said:

At no point in my post did I tell you that. 

The ultimate gaslighting tactic: Accusing the person you're gaslighting of gaslighting you. 

What a mess this season was. Endless episodes about grown women endlessly faux-enraged that a co-worker asked them to stop talking about sexually charged content in front of kids.  Jesus Christ, these women are pathetic (who are the real children in this season? The kids, or the fifty-something brats crying about mom-shaming?  And for the record, you harpies? Since you STILL don't understand why kids shouldn't be listening to their mother's friend discuss muff-diving, you deserve to be shamed. )

This is the slop they threw together and thought we'd gobble down? Freaks like Rinna playing the how-dare-you Mom card? Rinna? Whose mothering & parental role modeling includes viciously body-shaming people on social media? (Sure, Lisa - your disgust for bodies that aren't stick-thin had nothing to do with your daughter's troubled body image!) Or Erica,  whose mothering included leaving her son on the east coast while she married up, and married far away? (But hey, he came for holidays, which makes me Mrs Fucking Brady, you motherfucking assholes,) Add in the bullying of the whole group and any of these women playing the Mom-Shaming Card is beyond galling. Especially in a culture that genuinely hectors and harasses women who work their assess off to raise happy kids,  a culture that unfairly criticizes women who would never (repeatedly) model bullying or repugnant behavior to their children, a society that  hates  women who do the real mothering (instead of those who play Moms on  reality tv).  My irony meter breaks at the nerve of them all: they remind me of the guy who kills his parents and throws himself on the mercy of the court, "Because I'm an orphan, Your Honour."

The only good thing to come out of this season is Kyle being forced to wear Brandi around her neck like a truth-telling albatross; the woman who trashed her husband is now the Mother Theresa of Beverly Hills. Karma finally arrived on Kyle's doorstep. 

You are correct, I am sorry.

• Love 1