Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E17: Reunion Part I

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, EmZeeGee said:

The event was months ago. Why wait for the reunion to air it out for the first time? You didn't reach out privately in the interim to make sure the charity received the funds promised? Telling the audience the Black cast member doesn't pay her bills doesn't sit right. And I'm sure other Black viewers caught that. She wanted to weaponize that information to get back at Garcelle for not saying she was welcoming and every other slight during the season.

Garcelle said that she emailed her business manager about it - I'm hoping that in Part 3 of the reunion, Garcelle comes in with the receipt email saying that she had already paid in full, Kyle

• Love 22
4 hours ago, njbchlover said:

it was definitely Barbara Parkins as Anne Welles in Valley of the Dolls (Love, love, love that movie!!!)

....candid footage of Denise snatching the Joan wig off Rinna's head!

valley 3.gif

(Forgive the sacrilege, njbchlover -  as if Rinna the Rat could ever be a Helen Lawson ; )

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2

Did I hear Erika call Denise a "motherfucker"? Miss priss married to the high powered attorney? What the hell is she so pissed off about? 

Denise likes to smoke a lot of pot, hence the bloodshot eyes. When you're smoking pot it slows down your responses and it's difficult to fight back with quick comebacks when these bitches are attacking you. She's too slow on the take. That's my interpretation of Denise tonight. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Did I hear Erika call Denise a "motherfucker"? Miss priss married to the high powered attorney? What the hell is she so pissed off about? 

Denise likes to smoke a lot of pot, hence the bloodshot eyes. When you're smoking pot it slows down your responses and it's difficult to fight back with quick comebacks when these bitches are attacking you. She's too slow on the take. That's my interpretation of Denise tonight. 

Or maybe she was on some anxiety medication or took a few shots before taping the reunion.

• Useful 3

Rinner—and Kyle, Erika and Teddi to a lesser degree—were irate from the start because they wanted Brandi to make an appearance. They blame Denise‘S C&D letter as the reason she wasn’t allowed to be there. I think that’s part of the reason they were acting like such bitter Bettys towards Denise last night. Get bent, girls—-but especially you, Rinna. 

I actually thought Dorit looked really beautiful last night. Like, the prettiest I’ve ever seen her. Loved the dress, makeup, hair, everything. She even came off pretty well. WTH is happening?? 2020 truly is a wild ride. 

Kyle, on the other hand— big yikes. She was not pulling off that hair or dress. I LOL-ed when Garcelle was talking about how she loved Asa’s caftans, and the camera focused solely on Kyle. She does love a mumu. 

Denise looked rough, but like, understandably so. That gang up against her was not a good look for the other ladies. I agree that Denise likes to imbibe in herbal refreshments and that makes her reactions a bit slower—I think it also explains some of the holes/inconsistencies in her stories. Part of me wishes Denise would get mad and get even with the ladies instead of retreating. But after seeing how viciously the ladies (um, fucking RINNER) were behaving towards her, I kinda don’t blame her for peacing out early (according to the previews).

6 hours ago, blixie said:

Fucking Kyle,  I wasn't scared to say anything to Garcelle.

Also Kyle, we're all afraid to say something re: BLM. You can't even keep your shit straight for three minutes.

Did Kyle say they were afraid to speak up against Garcelle because of BLM? I recall Garcelle saying that—not Kyle, but maybe I missed it.

3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

She looks like a creamsicle!

Aren’t creamsicles orange? Garcelle was in yellow. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
59 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

Did Kyle say they were afraid to speak up against Garcelle because of BLM? I recall Garcelle saying that—not Kyle, but maybe I missed it.

Kyle said she wasn’t afraid to call out Garcelle on the show out of fear of being deemed racist by the audience. She then said she’s nervous about discussing issues of race (generally and BLM) because she’s worried she would say the wrong thing and thus, be called out by the viewing audience or offend someone. So it was two separate issues. I’m often the only Black person in many situations. I know many people who have no problem telling me what is what without a care in the world but then do all kinds of contortions and gymnastics to avoid discussing actual issues of race in America, so I see exactly what Kyle was talking about. 

I’m not sure how true I found her statement about Garcelle but I don’t think any of them really had a reason to call out Garcelle anyway.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I wish they had filmed the reunion without the glam, that would have been more entertaining. That said though I actually enjoyed it, when I didn't think filming remotely would work for a reunion show. 

I loved that Kyle brought up that Garcelle did not pay for the pledge that she made. Garcelle has spent the season trying to be relevant by being blunt, whether it was asking Erica about her sex life, asking Sutton where she got her money, or being rude to Kyle for no reason other than to give herself a story line. Ya want blunt Garcelle, ya got blunt. 

I also loved that they brought up Denise's numerous lies and changes of stories. Interesting that Garcelle said as an aside that she thought Denise was trying to change her reputation this season. Also interesting that Bravo told Denise to take down her "like" of the post saying Rinna should be fired. Though I know some want Rinna fired, I am perfectly happy for her to stay. I also liked the Harry sighting, and his joke that some think that he only shows up to film. Love Harry Hamlin. 

Finally someone that I can relate to. I feel like I'm watching a completely different show than most of the general viewing public. Of course maybe because I'm just not as emotionally invested in these howives shows makes a difference in one's perspective. I take all these shows at face value. Many posts are so impassioned. Twitter fans are absolutely rabid in their hatred of some of these women. It's kinda scary. For me, Garcelle is boring and Denise was trying to change her narrative from the past. I also like that Rinna stirs the pot. It would be such a bland show if everyone was like Denise or Garcelle. Oh and by the way, I like Teddi too. 🤷‍♀️😂

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Garcelle posted a video explaining what happened with the donation ... If Kyle was seriously so worried about it like others have said why wait 4/6 months to say anything why not call or text and ask hey did you forget about the donation? why hold onto it till a reunion as some gotca moment?

So what did Garcelle say in the video? Did she pay the donation or not? 

• Love 2

I'm not a fan of Kyle's, but Garcelle came for Kyle in public when she "joked" about how not all the women were her friends. That was absolutely uncalled for (not necessarily Garcelle's feelings about Kyle, but as a hostess of the event, she chose to make one of her guests uncomfortable which is poor manners as she could have spoken privately with Kyle).  I'd have a lot more respect for Garcelle if she'd just said yeah, that was a crappy thing to do instead of falsely claiming she was just joking.

Since race keeps being brought up, imagine if a white woman had stood up on that stage (rather than Garcelle) & said they were not all her friends in reference to a black woman (rather than Kyle)! Since Garcelle threw the first punch, I have no problem with Kyle returning said punch at the reunion. She owed nothing to Garcelle. Next time, make sure your business/finance manager pays your bills so it doesn't "innocently fall through the cracks" which is what Garcelle said happened AFTER saying Kyle lied about her not paying. Kyle did not lie, it hadn't been paid.

That said, I do like many things about Garcelle, but was very disappointed in her thinking it was okay to publicly humiliate someone & then say just kidding! Then immediately calling Kyle a liar, when indeed the $5,000 had not been paid. Garcelle strikes me as someone who cannot admit when she's wrong. Other than that, which for me is huge, I like other things about her but that was a big turn off...

3 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

So what did Garcelle say in the video? Did she pay the donation or not? 

She said it "innocently fell through the cracks" & had not been paid AFTER saying on the reunion it was a lie!

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

Idk about you guys but I know I spend a lot of my BH viewing wondering what Dorit’s actual hair looks like. I don’t think we’ve seen it in her 5 or whatever seasons. Even the others take out their extensions sometimes or like Denise/Sutton, just wear their hair as is. 😂

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Shannah Banana said:

Like this?

RinnaBigLips.jpg

Okay, I waited to be mean until I saw how she behaved at the reunion. My husband and I always say her hemorroidal lips look like a baboon’s butt (no offense to baboons).

Edited by nexxie
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

https://www.tvshowsace.com/2020/09/03/rhobh-garcelle-says-her-charity-donation-innocently-fell-through/

If it was really a problem for Kyle why not text her MONTHS ago? why wait till a reunion if this was that Important? Kyle just looked messy like it wasn't about the donation or charity at all but about getting something on Garcelle

Garcelle looked messy up on stage humiliating Kyle...

5 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

https://www.tvshowsace.com/2020/09/03/rhobh-garcelle-says-her-charity-donation-innocently-fell-through/

If it was really a problem for Kyle why not text her MONTHS ago? why wait till a reunion if this was that Important? Kyle just looked messy like it wasn't about the donation or charity at all but about getting something on Garcelle

Also, the answer to your question is human nature. When person A does person B dirty, person B often does dirty back...

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, IslandGirl said:

Garcelle looked messy up on stage humiliating Kyle...

Also, the answer to your question is human nature. When person A does person B dirty, person B often does dirty back...

Yes but when person B is trying to come off as the better person using a charity has a gotcha comes off even worse ... it wasn't about the money or charity to kyle it was about I got something to attack Garcelle with hehehehe ... it looked petty and if it was really about the donation she would have reached out Months ago ....

• Love 19

...and as I said, I mostly like Garcelle, & am not a fan of Kyle's, but that doesn't mean I like everything Garcelle does or dislike everything Kyle does. I'll never comprehend that kind of all or nothing thinking...

Just now, Keywestclubkid said:

Yes but when person B is trying to come off as the better person using a charity has a gotcha comes off even worse ... it wasn't about the money or charity to kyle it was about I got something to attack Garcelle with hehehehe ... it looked petty and if it was really about the donation she would have reached out Months ago ....

I see no evidence of person B trying to come off as the better person.

• Love 6

I thought it was funny that Garcelle plugged Asa's caftans saying how she makes the prettiest caftans, Kyle's reaction was subtle but it was noticeable, does she still make them?

Dorit looked great, was that a Whiting Davis dress and earrings?  I really liked her look.  Denise's look had to be inspired by some 80's Barbie doll.

Sutton, revisiting her awful, expensive haute couture fashions was fun and it is funny to hear her opinions about others fashions choices, seems like to her it has to be a label she deems acceptable or it is not good.

There was not a lot to talk about other than than the gang up on Denise and that got tiresome.

• Love 5

In fact, in this particular case I think Kyle does come off better than Garcelle (even though overall I prefer Garcelle).

I thought Dorit looked pretty but a little too thin. Her face was gaunt & her underarm area was very bony.

• Love 1

I see no evidence of person B trying to come off as the better person.

Kyle would have a leg to stand on IF she had reached out to G or hell even G's business manager and said "hey remember that donation?" but she didnt reach out so again it comes across has she didnt care she never got the money for the charity she only cared cause it gave her ammunition for the reunion ... at no point did kyle say she said she would make the donation and i reached out to see why i never got it ...

• Love 13

I thought Denise looked terrible. My husband even said, "Wow, she used to be so pretty, she looks awful."  To me she looked like she'd been ridden hard & put away wet.  I also didn't like Kyle's look. Loved Teddi's pink hair!

• Love 9
Just now, nexxie said:

imo Kyle zapped Garcelle with the non-payment thing because Garcelle once again went after Kyle without receipts to match the accusations. 

Yup, I found Garcelle's immediate "That's not true!" really abhorrent.

And I thought it very gracious of Kyle to simply respond, "Okay" when she knew it was true...

• Love 7

Yup, I found Garcelle's immediate "That's not true!" really abhorrent.

Because until that moment she didn't know she didn't pay... she thought she had....see this is where had Kyle reached out before hand to ask and brought it to her attention it would have been a better Gotca

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Whatever Kyle is or isn't she is not dumb about money. I figured that when she made that comment about Garcelle she knew it to be true. However it was a crapy thing to do at the reunion. If she wanted the item paid for she should have spoken to her in private. This was done to embarrass Garcelle and for no other reason. Just like Kyle insisting that they had to bring up the Brandi sex conversation on camera was done to embarrass Denise. Just another example of of how the coven under the leadership of Kyle is working so hard to run these two off. She managed to do this with LVP and she will stoop to any lenghts to get rid of Denise and her only friend on the show. 

Was it a crappy thing for Garcelle to stand up & publicly humiliate Kyle at her event?

Just now, Keywestclubkid said:

Because until that moment she didn't know she didn't pay... she thought she had....see this is where had Kyle reached out before hand to ask and brought it to her attention it would have been a better Gotca

So rather than say, "THAT'S NOT TRUE!", say something like, "Hmmm, I will have to look into that & get back to you..."

Her immediate nanosecond denial tells me she's not one who can be wrong.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, IslandGirl said:

Was it a crappy thing for Garcelle to stand up & publicly humiliate Kyle at her event?

So rather than say, "THAT'S NOT TRUE!", say something like, "Hmmm, I will have to look into that & get back to you..."

Her immediate nanosecond denial tells me she's not one who can be wrong.

Or kyle could have been the person to reach out since she is the one who knew she didn't pay? Garcelle I reached out to you multiple times about this ... instead of I knew you didnt pay but didnt say anything for MONTHS .... Garcelle honestly didn't know she hadn't paid it was a honest mistake

12 minutes ago, IslandGirl said:

...not to mention it was rather odd of Garcelle to think Kyle would be stupid enough to say she hadn't paid if she really had!

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Likely Kyle hoped she wouldn’t need that bit of ammunition but, when Garcelle trashed her again, she decided to use it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, gingerella said:

I think any viewer watching this show - at this point in time - who doesn’t hear racial bias in what vile Kyle said, hasn’t been paying attention to the BLM movement, and hasn’t had the difficult conversations with themselves and others. Racial bias is sooooo ingrained within white Americans that we don’t even know when it’s happening. It’s like breathing air to us. So yes, while Kyle should have reached out to Garcelle privately about the donation issue, she should have had the social awareness to know that calling out the lone black cast member for not paying a bill would be indeed read as a racially biased comment, and pleading cluelessness is no longer an acceptable excuse. I for one, hope Kyle get some called out on social media for that bullshit because she’s the type who will never learn unless you hold her nose in her own shit, just like a dog.

So I'm usually one who is pretty good at detecting racist (or homophobic) dog whistles and I even speculated earlier in the season if some of the conflict between Kyle and Garcelle had to do with unconscious bias... but this seems like a real stretch to me. If indeed it is the case that Garcelle hasn't fulfilled the donation - which could be something as simple as an oversight on her business manager's part (which is what I suspect happened, if indeed it wasn't fulfilled) - then I do think that claiming that it is "racially biased" for Kyle to mention that IS treating Garcelle differently than they would any other woman on the show.  At best I could see describing it as racially insensitive, since there are unfair and damaging stereotypes out there.  But if that were to have happened with any of the other women on the show, I suspect Kyle would have handled it the same way.

Now IMO the calculation does change if Garcelle did fulfill donation and Kyle is spreading either false or incomplete information. Then I could see it as racially biased. But if what Kyle says is true, then I don't really think so. (Keep in mind, though, that I am white and can't speak on behalf of a person of color). 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Or kyle could have been the person to reach out since she is the one who knew she didn't pay? Garcelle I reached out to you multiple times about this ... instead of I knew you didnt pay but didnt say anything for MONTHS .... Garcelle honestly didn't know she hadn't paid it was a honest mistake

Yes it was an honest mistake, I have never thought otherwise.

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Okay, so now I see that Kyle was correct and Garcelle was not. 

It really feels like you are engaging in the same whataboutism here that you do with Denise. It's okay to admit when someone you like messes up! The reason why Kyle brought it up at the reunion is pretty obvious - because Garcelle HAS been trashing her, both on the show and in interviews, and Kyle - being a human being who is flawed and occasionally petty - wanted to get some of her own back. If the situation were reversed, I am wondering if you would be arguing that Garcelle had every right to go after Kyle at the reunion?

I mean, I don't think that pettiness makes Kyle particularly admirable but at the end of the day, it's not surprising that after months of Garcelle saying mean things about her on social media and in the confessionals, she took a shot back at her.  And FWIW, I think that is exactly what she would have done with any of the other women with whom she had conflict, if the situation were the same. Again, not necessarily nice, but a fairly human reaction.  

ETA: FWIW, I believe Garcelle when she says it fell through the cracks - I am sure she has her business manager handle a lot of those things and in the scheme of things $5000 - while substantial - is not that big of a donation that I don't think she's good for it. So I don't doubt her story or anything. I'm just not surprised that Kyle used it as an opportunity to needle Garcelle a bit after months of needling from Garcelle. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Okay, so now I see that Kyle was correct and Garcelle was not. 

It really feels like you are engaging in the same whataboutism here that you do with Denise. It's okay to admit when someone you like messes up! The reason why Kyle brought it up at the reunion is pretty obvious - because Garcelle HAS been trashing her, both on the show and in interviews, and Kyle - being a human being who is flawed and occasionally petty - wanted to get some of her own back. If the situation were reversed, I am wondering if you would be arguing that Garcelle had every right to go after Kyle at the reunion?

I mean, I don't think that pettiness makes Kyle particularly admirable but at the end of the day, it's not surprising that after months of Garcelle saying mean things about her on social media and in the confessionals, she took a shot back at her.  And FWIW, I think that is exactly what she would have done with any of the other women with whom she had conflict, if the situation were the same. Again, not necessarily nice, but a fairly human reaction.  

its petty because she was clasping her pearls with the how dare she defraud a charity stick ..... again IF it was really about the Charity she would have reached out MONTHS ago ...... not wait and wait and wait ....Garcelle made a honest oversight and you guys are trying to paint her like she has some evil motives in not paying for a charity bid .....

• LOL 1
  • Love 23
2 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

its petty because she was clasping her pearls with the how dare she defraud a charity stick ..... again IF it was really about the Charity she would have reached out MONTHS ago ...... not wait and wait and wait ....Garcelle made a honest oversight and you guys are trying to paint her like she has some evil motives in not paying for a charity bid .....

I wonder if we were watching the same reunion! I saw no pearl clutching whatsoever; Kyle simply stated the truth that it had not been paid.

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, IslandGirl said:

I thought Denise looked terrible. My husband even said, "Wow, she used to be so pretty, she looks awful."  To me she looked like she'd been ridden hard & put away wet.  I also didn't like Kyle's look. Loved Teddi's pink hair!

I loved Teddi’s pink hair too!

• Love 7
6 hours ago, film noire said:

....candid footage of Denise snatching the Joan wig off Rinna's head!

valley 3.gif

(Forgive the sacrilege, njbchlover -  as if Rinna the Rat could ever be a Helen Lawson ; )

THIS IS PERFECT!!!  ❤️  ❤️  

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I don't think Kyle ever used the word "defraud" - you are engaging in hyperbole to make it seem like Kyle was accusing Garcelle of something more nefarious than forgetting to fulfill the donation and I don't think she did.

And no, I'm not "trying to paint her like she has some evil motives." I said the exact opposite (I did edit my post to say that, so perhaps you didn't see that but even in my previous post on the subject, I said that I suspected it was just an oversight on Garcelle's part). I don't think she had evil motives. But I also don't think that Kyle is some super villain for playing it a little petty at the reunion, and I definitely don't think it is on Kyle to protect Garcelle when Garcelle has been a little bitchy about her over the last several months. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I don't think Kyle ever used the word "defraud" - you are engaging in hyperbole to make it seem like Kyle was accusing Garcelle of something more nefarious than forgetting to fulfill the donation and I don't think she did.

And no, I'm not "trying to paint her like she has some evil motives." I said the exact opposite (I did edit my post to say that, so perhaps you didn't see that but even in my previous post on the subject, I said that I suspected it was just an oversight on Garcelle's part). I don't think she had evil motives. But I also don't think that Kyle is some super villain for playing a little petty at the reunion, and I definitely don't think it is up to Kyle to protect Garcelle when Garcelle has been really bitchy about her over the last several months. 

Yea i didn't see your edit before I responded :) I am in no way trying to paint Kyle in any light other then If it was such a big thing why not have tried to reach out? it came of as super petty to me and a lot of other viewers and looked like she was trying to paint her as some deadbeat that doesn't pay for things she said she would

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Yea i didn't see your edit before I responded 🙂 I am in no way trying to paint Kyle in any light other then If it was such a big thing why not have tried to reach out? it came of as super petty to me and a lot of other viewers and looked like she was trying to paint her as some deadbeat that doesn't pay for things she said she would

She didn't reach out because, again, Garcelle has been mean about her. So why should Kyle reach out? I mean, I suspect that if it had even been Dorit, Kyle would have reached out because they do have something of a friendship. But Garcelle seems to have been gunning for Kyle during the season and definitely after - so why should Kyle make an extra effort to make Garcelle look good? I have to say, I absolutely understand that mindset. If someone has spent months trying to make me look bad, then I am not going to go out of my way to make them look good. 

Whether or not she was trying to make Garcelle look like a deadbeat, I don't know. I think that is a valid criticism of Kyle's actions but on the other hand, I don't believe that Kyle thinks that Garcelle isn't good for the donation. I think that Kyle's actions came from a petty place, but I suspect it was more that she thought that this would momentarily make Garcelle look bad but not necessarily a deadbeat. 

• Love 9